Weight Loss Support - Re-starting my diet...

View Full Version : Re-starting my diet...

purple kitty
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, after "Black Friday" (the day after thanksgiving) my diet/lifestyle change pretty much went from going good to completely haulted. At that time, I was VERY, VERY stressed out--Working retail during the Holidays is horrible, I had finals, and due to both of those things, I was getting less and less sleep (getting out of work later, started earlier, staying up late to study). As a result, I stopped working out because I'd rather get that extra 45 minutes of sleep every day than work out (I'd rather be well-rested for school, than be thin). I also stopped eating healthy, and pretty much went back to my old ways. I've gained 5 pounds back since then, which I am not happy about, at all.

Suffice to say, I am re-starting my diet again tomorrow. Hopefully, this time, I will be strong enough to stick to it.

JayEll
01-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey purple kitty! Glad to see you back!

Hope that stress gets under control and you can restart your path! :cheer2:

Jay

Heather
01-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Look around! You're not alone in your restart! The holidays do their damage on lots of us!!

purple kitty
01-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Thank you!

I also stopped visiting this website, which I must say, definately gave me a lot of encouragment. I'm very happy to be back =)

lumifan4ever
01-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Purple kitty....don't be so hard on yourself. The holidays are tough on everyone...not just the dieter. I myself may have put on a couple. Kinda of hard to say at the moment since TOM has arrived. But needless to say...it is just time to do like you say...re-dedicate yourself to healthy eating again and working out. I am sooo mad right this moment because i was definately planning to hit the gym again tonight and now i can't find my gym bag. I thought it was at my boyfriends house but when i stopped by to get it...i can't find it. Now what am i suppose to do. I can't go to the gym in tennis shoes and a leather skirt?????!!!!

mandalinn82
01-02-2008, 01:34 PM
The holidays are DEFINITELY rough on everyone...staying on plan can be so hard with so much going on! So now that things have calmed down, you know what to do - hop right back on plan and you'll be on the right track and on your way down, weight-wise, in no time.

Glad you came back!