100 lb. Club - January - NSV's

View Full Version : January - NSV's

Sandi
01-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up.

Lifeguard
01-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Wow - I've never had to search so far for this thread! Come on - where are all the nsv's?

I was chatting with someone on msn & the first thing she said is she heard I was getting into great shape. I love that people are talking about my weightloss!

I also have really been thinking about it & you know I never actually believed I would lose this much weight before. I really, really didn't believe I could do it. So I'm counting it as an nsv that my thinking has changed & I'm doing it.

As well, I was thinking how it is crazy that I've lost 70lbs but don't really see that much of a loss. So I went looking at some older pictures last night & you know - there is more of a change then I realized! I will try to post some pics soon.

denialisnthappiness
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Um its a little nsv I guess as even though I went off the rails a bit this past month or so I've been back on plan the last few days and ready to plough on until goal.

I was in the gym tonight on the stepper and did thirty minutes... got off and didn't feel as if I was about to die and thought back to this time last year when I couldn't even do two minutes without feeling like my legs/lungs would explode - so even though my fitness has temp lapsed recently it's still better than a year ago :carrot:

knitsforfive
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
I swam laps last night and realized somewhere near the middle that I hadn't stopped every lap to catch my breath and shake out my arms like I had the last time I swam (summer). In fact, I went the whole 1/2 hour without stopping!

okiechick
01-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Great victories ladies. Any step no matter how small, will get you to your goal if it is in the right direction. I got on my treadmill for the first time in months. I had to dust it off:o but I walked for a mile. I will add time and speed, but for now just getting on was a victory.:carrot:

valpal23
01-03-2008, 12:57 AM
My nsv for the week is the fact that I'm walking outside despite -20 degrees. I sucked up the fact that it's cold and went plowing through the snow- which is actually a good core work out too :)

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Life
You are doing great.

Denial
Pat yourself on the back and see how far you have come. You are doing something now you couldn't do before. That is wonderful.

knits
Your another one. Shows us how far we really have come when we realize we can do something we couldn't do before. You keep going, swimming is so good for you.

okie
Find ways to enjoy that treadmill. Watch tv, listen to music or a book. Makes the time fly by and your workout is even more fun. Nice going.

Val
You are a stronger person than I lol. I don't plan on going outside, unless I really have to, until the spring thaw lol.

I did both of my walking/aerobic videos today again and did my resistance training. My knees aren't bothering me to much and my hip doesn't hurt anymore. Hope things stay this way. I love to walk with Leslie. :)

Purplefirefly
01-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Great start to the new year everyone...let's keep it up!

I was waiting through the line to pick up my daughter from kindergarten yesterday, and realized that the loose skin under my skin has gone almost all the way away! I still can pinch some, but it is more than halfway GONE! I sometimes would grab there and feel disgusted, but yesterday I had to come home and look in the mirror with my hair pulled back and doggone it, my face looks somewhat thinner! Not as round and my double chin has really gone away a lot. This was BIG incentive to keep on going!

kimmieone
01-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Sitting on the airplane and not worrying one single bit if the seatbelt would fit. That freakin' rocked!

mj5
01-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Great NSV's!!! Keep it up! This morning I did 30 mins of cardio before work! I am also noticing those lumps of fat on my upper thigh area are almost gone! And the BEST one of all...last night when hubby came home from work, he told me that I was looking very skinny. Now, I am far from skinny, but WOW, what a compliment!

kissingginger
01-03-2008, 11:33 AM
I actually did double the amount of walking last night than I *thought* I could do! I aimed for 20, and got 42 minutes in. Whoo hoooo!

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 12:30 PM
kissing
That is great. Bet those legs felt good after all that walking.

mj
You keep going at it, you will be " skinny " in no time. You know, hubby might just be right lol. We don't see our selfs as others see us. I bet you are skinnier than you think.

Kimmie
I bet it did. So nice to feel confident and not self conscious. Nice going.

Purple
That is great. How we feel about how we look is a big part of the journey we are all taking.

karmuz
01-03-2008, 12:42 PM
great job everyone!!

my NSV for well, today...

It is FREEZING outside today (-7 with the windchill), and i needed to run out to the grocery store.. i have a really nice winter coat, but i hate driving with it on because it is really bulky so i grabbed a very furry looking fleece out of the back of my closet to wear instead.
I realized after I put it on that it is my "oversized" fleece from high school - 10 years ago.. well, it's not so oversized as it was then, but it's roomy.. and a size MEDIUM. a junior's medium at that. I don't think i could wear any more layers than i am right now under it (i have on a short sleeved and a long sleeve t-shirt) but it's comfortable and looks GOOD. I haven't worn this in at least 5 years.

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 01:14 PM
kar
Moments like that are when we see how far we have come. You enjoy that moment.

Rosemund
01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
It was -4 with windchill today. I put on tights under my pants and went running anyway.

Lifeguard
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Good for all of you who are moving despite the cold - I am so thankful I get respite from that this winter.

My nsv today is that I am almost settled into my new house. The maid came today (so strange to have a maid!) & now it is actually clean here. By the end of the day tomorrow I should have all the unpacking done - no problem! Which is great since we are having a whole bunch of people over tomorrow night.

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Life
Glad things are getting settled for you. A maid, I just don't think I could handle a haveing a maid lol. Think of all the extra work to have the house clean before the maid came lol.

Lifeguard
01-03-2008, 10:52 PM
It's that & it's SOOOO weird having someone else in the house cleaning it. It makes me feel so guilty if I sit & do nothing for 10 minutes. But on the upside my floors have never looked so good!

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Life
lol the more wood floors we put in the more I have to do. I was pretty darn happy when I found out you burn a ton of calories on your hands and knees cleaning floors.

math puppy
01-04-2008, 12:37 AM
good job every one!! its so inspireing to hear others nsv. i would say my current nsv is i have stayed on plan for3 days in a row! i hurt my knee, im not really sure how, but its sore, and instead of using this as an excuse not to get any cardio done on the treadmill or eliptical at the gym, i hoped onto one of the bikes and rode my little heart out to bad gym music! hee hee

McMoo
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm new to the NSV Threads, but I just have to share...

I've been sugar-free for three days now, and can't remember feeling better in my whole life! Aside from a slight headache, I've got so much energy! My knees don't even hurt anymore.

There was a huge plate of fried calamari on the table infront of me at lunch today, and usually I would say "I'm only going to have a taste"... and then eat half of the plate. Today, I allowed myself a taste, and left it at that! Soon that booth we always sit in will feel SO Much roomier!!

Day three was a good day.. Keep up the good work so you wonderful women can keep inspiring me!

mj5
01-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Fantastic NSV's! Keep up the great work!

I got up early and did and hour of cardio before work today! I may not have time to get to the gym later on, but I wanted to make sure I was able to get in some type of a workout today.

denialisnthappiness
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
I got home last night and it was cold (snow!) and I was tired and my mum was sat in the living room and was basically saying to me 'ah you don't have to work out you did it yesterday' etc whilst munching... so even though I was tired I went and walked three miles on the treadmill and did some weights.

Gym tonight :D

boaterswife
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
During Christmas break from school I find that I don't have the time to hit the computer much, so I'm busy trying to catch up with how everyone is, and so many new people! Welcome! I have a couple NSV's that I wanted to share.

I find myself getting excited when I look at new exercise equipment or fitness videos. What a strange revolution to be anxiously awaiting the new Leslie Sansone DVD's that I ordered to change things up a bit!

Last night there were way too many people (as well as a 110 pound chocolate lab) in our kitchen. DH was trying to squeeze past me and several others and laughed and said "Hey, you need to move your skinny a$$ outta the way!" It was said with love and jokingly, but who would have thought that that phrase would apply to me?!

gr8smyl99
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Here's a weird one.... 3rd day in a row going into DD for coffee - and coming out with just coffee!!

Lifeguard
01-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Last night I had some coke (a rare thing these days) & I couldn't sleep all night. I used to drink almost primarily coke & it never seemed to affect my sleep. Now my body is so not use to it that one glass throughs me right off. I think that's a good thing!

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Life
Nice going on seeing the difference. I have a can or two of mountain dew a week rather it is good for me or not lol. I do drink the decaf kind.

Boaters
Nice to see you. Wondered where you had been. I ordered that Leslie video too lol. Wonder how many of us got it. I love having so many, nice to do a different one everyday. It is the most expensive I have gotten so far lol since most of them cost 3 or 4 dollars at yard sales. If you break it down they cost what, 6 dollars each. Not so bad.

denial
It isn't always easy when someone is saying oh dont bother. Nice going, I am very proud of you. Bet you are proud of yourself.

mj5
That is the way to do it. Sometimes we can't get in all we would like to do BUT doing something is better than no thing at all.

Mcmoo
Sounds like you are doing great. Congrats. I would die without sugar lol.

Math
Nice going on keeping the body moving. We can't let our selfs get down. We also can't let our selfs sit down to much lol.

Beverlyjoy
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
My NSV was getting right back onto my program after having a big binge. That's a huge accomplishment for me. YAY!

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Beverly
WAY TO GO we have to keep going. Who said this journey we are taking wasn't going to have pot holes here and there. You keep looking forward.

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Beverly
WAY TO GO, we have to keep going. Who said this journey we are taking wasn't going to have pot holes here and there? You keep looking forward.

math puppy
01-05-2008, 05:32 AM
My NSV was getting right back onto my program after having a big binge. That's a huge accomplishment for me. YAY!

im glad you went right back! thats the spirit. just keep getting right back on that horse.

denialisnthappiness
01-06-2008, 09:47 AM
NSV for today was completing thirty minutes on the stepper without holding on once - sounds lame but I have a real problem making myself not hold on. I realise I'm not exercising as effectively when I do so made a concerted effort to let go today! :D (nearly killed me mind)

gr8smyl99
01-06-2008, 03:56 PM
My NSV for the weekend is that I didn't overeat while my hubby was away. That's pretty big for me - since I do most of my damage when I'm alone :)

Lyn2007
01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Mine is that I finally got a grip last night and dumped my gourmet hot chocolate mix into the trash can. At 280 calories a cup, no way was this fitting into my plan. Bye bye temptation.

kissingginger
01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
My NSV today is that I made banana bread with carob chips for company and for the kids, and I ate NONE of it.

Yipee!

Ginger

NavyWifeDee
01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
so far I have been right on track with my exercising for the new year... and thanks to all these great NSV's I'm going to go out for a run in just a few minutes, instead of taking tonight off. I was planning to make it a break, since hubby is already asleep and the treadmill is in our bedroom, but I think I'll take it outside for the evening. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!

Lifeguard
01-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I went to the gym this afternoon & worked out even though I really just wanted to crawl into bed & sleep. I had to have a little cry in the bathroom when I got there first, but I did it & I actually had a halfways decent workout to boot.

Shy Moment
01-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing very well. Nice going! For me, it is just day to day basically the same. I eat, I workout, I clean house lol. I don't wear sweats anymore until 7 pm at night or unless I am working out. That is a big change for me. I could see gaining weight and not realizing it until a few lbs were on. With regular clothes on, I will notice if the waist band gets tight.

karmuz
01-07-2008, 11:28 PM
kar
Moments like that are when we see how far we have come. You enjoy that moment.

I'm loving it! I actually pulled out the measuring tape today and my waist and hips are, at 40lbs heavier than i was then (let's go muscle!), each only 2" away from my measurements in high school (my bust is actually 1" SMALLER) . this is incredibly amazing to me... tomorrow is a LANDMARK day for me because I am going to the store to go buy my first pair of size 10s in 10 YEARS. granted a 10 now is 10 years ago's 12 but it is so close to the single digits where i have NEVER been ... I am almost crying over here, but i'm too busy pulling up my pants, lol. i think i may need to reevaluate my goal.. it's just a number and i didn't believe my dr when she said that with my build (i have a very large frame for someone my height and a LOT of muscle) 150-160 would be ideal .. but i'm starting to see that that may be possible.. there just isn't that much more of me to go away.

Shy Moment
01-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Kar
It is all so wonderful. I am so happy for you. Sitting here smiling over your post. We just can't go by a number on how much we should weigh. What is right for us is so individual. I have a long time before I need to buy pants. I have two pair of 16's I can still keep up lol and 3 pairs of 14's I can still wear. After that I have 4 pairs of my super straight Levi's in size 12. Have no idea what size I wear in todays sizes because from all the posts I have read. Todays sizes are way bigger than yesterdays sizes lol. Bet you find you need a smaller size than you think :) I probably won't need to get cloths until summer. You have fun and please let me know how shopping went. I haven't really shopped in so long I don't remember doing it. Have only gone out a few times here and there to get something I really needed.

gr8smyl99
01-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Last night I went to dinner with friends, and made a good dinner choice! Plus I had a "virgin" bloody mary - so I enjoyed the flavors without the extra calories!

Switzie6
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I had to retire all of my size 20W pants, they were falling down. They are going in a bag to donate somewhere. Don't want them in the house because I will never be back in them. I'm only keeping one pair so I can look back and see how far I've come. Now I am in 18W and they are comfortable, not tight at all! Next stop regular size 18! I can't wait to shop in the regular sizes instead of womens.

Purplefirefly
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
YAY Switzie :carrot: You give me hope because I am your same weight (according to tickers anyway) and I go pant shopping in 4 lbs. ....and I SO want to be out of the size 20! But, I hold my weight in hips and butt area so I might have to hold on awhile longer, we'll see.

NSV--I had a binge last night BUT 1. it wasn't as big as they have been in past, and was healthier foods, 2. I did my binge journal and got to why it happened, set up a plan for next time around, and 3. I got right back on plan this morning, the old "I already blew it this week" didn't even creep into my head, I just got up and went about things as usual now. I feel like a new lifestyle has taken hold, it's not the old diet and restrict thing. This way feels so much more reasonable...I feel sane and happy despite the downfall.

boaterswife
01-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Yesterday was a positive day for me in the NSV department! I've only lost about 5 pounds in the last couple of months and was beginning to feel a bit frustrated knowing it's my own fault...not as 100% diligent as in the past, and closer to goal...those two things add up to SLOW weightloss. So anyway, yesterday we had an especially warm day here~ 70* in January, unheard of! I pulled out some capris that I wore 5 pounds ago in September/October and couldn't wear them! They fit fine in the fall, but yesterday I couldn't keep them up. They were beyond a bit loose and were too big to wear. Another pair that was a bit snug were now loose but wearable. I was astounded! I walked around all day with a bit of a smirk on my face and a strut in my attitude...you know what I mean, I'm sure! Later I was cooking dinner and one of DD's friends dropped in, took one look at me and said "Wow, Mrs. D.! You look even skinnier, did you lose more weight?" The shocker here is that it's only been about 2 weeks since I've seen her! Lastly I was using my elliptical at home as I just didn't feel like heading to the gym and when I looked down at the counter, I had been on it 10 minutes longer than I've ever been, and it didn't kill me! Many of you may remember that about 3 weeks ago DH surprised me with a membership to a new workout facility right down the road from our house and I've been using it about 5 times a week. I guess the change in routine really is making a difference!

chick_in_the_hat
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
My NSV is that due to a sore arm I have had to give up biking for the moment. Oh yeah - the NSV...I tried jogging on a treadmill. I lasted 20 minutes at 5.5 MPH. I haven't run since the 6th Grade. :lol: Who knew I might like to run? Sure as heck not me. :cb:

Oh one other NSV while I'm at it...when the nephews were visiting over the holidays I was cold and picked up a jacket and put it on. The arms were too short but I could zip it up. It was from my 8 yr old nephew. He's a stick. :lol3: I'm thinking it's big in him, but still!

Lifeguard
01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
So many great nsv's - what an inspiration!

This morning coming back on my walk our road (straight uphill) didn't feel so hard - I'm starting to get used to it!! And that's with my butt being sore from yesterdays workout!

karmuz
01-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Kar
It is all so wonderful. I am so happy for you. Sitting here smiling over your post. We just can't go by a number on how much we should weigh. What is right for us is so individual. I have a long time before I need to buy pants. I have two pair of 16's I can still keep up lol and 3 pairs of 14's I can still wear. After that I have 4 pairs of my super straight Levi's in size 12. Have no idea what size I wear in todays sizes because from all the posts I have read. Todays sizes are way bigger than yesterdays sizes lol. Bet you find you need a smaller size than you think :) I probably won't need to get cloths until summer. You have fun and please let me know how shopping went. I haven't really shopped in so long I don't remember doing it. Have only gone out a few times here and there to get something I really needed.

well, I really AM a size 10 in most cuts - I spent two HOURS at the store today trying on different pants... I couldn't believe it! I felt like some kind of size criminal walking into the dressing room with 10 after 10 after 10. I felt like someone was going to catch me out and ask me what i was doing with those sizes and direct me to the plus section. some cuts didn't fit - mostly short length pants .. but short length pants have no mercy for girls with long torsos (the "waist" ends up on my hips) so i guess i'll just have to wear shoes with bigger heels for awhile :)
I've never been a big fan of "todays" sizes because they are bigger - i have 12s that are several years old that fit but are snug(i yoyo'ed for awhile in the middle of this, started in '04, got down to around 165 but a less fit 165 than i am at 183 and gained back some for awhile.. i find it bizarre that clothes i own that fit me 15lbs ago not only fit, but some are too big) I also have some pants from stores that are more geared toward juniors and those are 14 and are getting loose in all the wrong places but i will definitely still be able to wear them for awhile.
the capri's i'm wearing right now? not so much.. they're a 14 and they almost fell off me today in the grocery store. i am going to have to buy all new summer clothes... but i am going to wait until summer :)

dustdiva
01-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I have a neck again! :D

gr8smyl99
01-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Mine is a small victory..... only 1 c of measured pasta for dinner last night - instead of the usual fill up of my plate!

BrandNewJen
01-09-2008, 11:04 AM
My non scale victory...

My husband lost 2 pounds (and he HATES "good" food)

I decided that I'm going to cook dinners the way I want and if he doesn't like it, he can make something else. I know him and I knwo that laziness wins, so he'll eat what's on his plate b/c he won't take the effort to make something himself.

He works two jobs all week, so I can't control what he eats all day from 7am to 9pm, but I can change what dinner he eats with me at night.

(Yeah, yeah, we eat our dinners at 9:30--- real dinners. I don't subscribe to the whole "don't eat before bedtime" thing... in my eyes, that rule is there because by bedtime, most people have eaten up all their calories for the day. I don't. I leave my BIG chunk of calories for dinner at night and eat good and small for the rest of the day)

Shy Moment
01-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Brand
The dietitian/nutritionist told me. There is no limit on when you should eat. Calories in calories out that is how it works. She has no idea where people got you have to stop eating at a certain time. I eat about 6 meals a day. I eat from the time I get up until I go to bed to get all the required amounts of the 4 basic food groups in sometimes lol. While I am not losing very fast. I am losing consistently so it must be true lol at least for some of us. In this house people eat what I make so that works out pretty good. My husband is the same way, he eats what is made for him so at least I can control that.

gr8
That isn't a little victory. That is a HUGE victory. Portion control isn't easy. We are so use to eating a certain way lowing how much we eat can be hard. Congrats. Making good choices is what it is all about. We don't do without. We eat within reason.

Dust
The changes we notice in are body are important. Sometimes it is what keep us going. Glad you are seeing a difference.

Kar
You are still making me smile. I am short with long legs. Not easy to find pants lol. Regulars tend to be a bit to long and petites are usually to short. Drives me crazy. I think my bottom rib and hip bone are fused together lol. I have to get all new summer clothes to. This summer I almost lost my 16 Capri's when I was running at the zoo. Everyone thought it was so funny. The were sliding off my behind lol and I had to pull them back up. Won't it be great to go shopping :). You are doing so great. You really do inspire people. We can stick with it and we can succeed.

Life
I don't want to live where you live lol uphill both ways darn. You doing really well. Hope you are adjusting to the new area and new gym.

Chick
Every time we notice a different. In how we look, in what we wear or what we can do. It is important. Nice going.

boaters
Oh that is so nice. Sometimes I just don't think we notice. Other people do that is for sure and you know it. You have had such a great journey to where you are now. You keep doing what you are doing, it sure is working.

Purple
You are right. This is the diet restriction thing. This is a whole new way of looking at food. We are going to have days we eat something we really shouldn't ( is there such a thing ). We are going to have days we have a bit more of something than we should. That is what real life is, not perfect. We just go back to what we know we should be doing. You are doing great, you keep going.

Swit
You do that. I kept one pair of 18's so I can step into them in my brand new size when I am at goal for a pic. Also makes us feel good from time to time to see that pair of pants and see how well we are doing.

I had one. Kind of blushed. I went to have my oil changed. Haven't seen my mechanic in about 3 months. He was looking at me kind of strangely and I thought oh great I have dirt on my face or something lol. He said something like, what have you done to yourself. I said what do you mean ( never thought about what he was saying ). He said you have done something, don't know what it is but darn girl you look goooooooood ( and licked his lips ) ok I was a bit grossed out lol that was a bit much for me. I said oh I have lost some weight. He told me I really looked good and my husband better keep an eye on me lol. The young guy ( ok not so young maybe 35 ) who works there too said well don't lose anymore you look great just like you are. Have to admit, I had a smile on my face all day. Have no idea why the hubby wasn't as please about all this as I was lol. Have to admit, that made me feel good too lol.

Switzie6
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I agree that it doesn't matter when you eat as much as what you eat. I do the same thing with 6 small meals from morning until bed. I think there are two things that can make eating late bad, one is if you eat all your calories at night then your body doesn't have anything to burn during the day. My boyfriend does this and it drives me crazy. He eats one big meal a day and that's it, then he wonders why he is so tired all the time. Of course he won't listen to me no matter how many times I tell him. The second is if eating late triggers you to binge. But as long as you stay within your calorie range and spread those calories out all day you'll be good.

Lifeguard
01-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Shy - what a great nsv. It feels so nice to have someone other than the dh look at you (even if it is a little creepy). Ok - so I gotta know - how the heck do you keep track of everyone? I get confused as to who said what in my head - lol!

I don't believe in the don't eat after ___ either. My trainer even suggests adding another meal in if I'm up later so that I keep the metabolism going. I have a hard time eating often enough for his liking - lol!

OptimistK
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
A few minutes ago I was decided i'd try on a cocktail dress I wore to a party last May. I remember the day I shopped for this dress, I took my gay boyfriend with me (gay bestfriend) because he has an eye for what's right on a woman's body. I remember "settling" for this dress b/c it fit. Well not only was it waaaaay too big, I was able to step in the dress, whereas last May I had to pull it over my head and keep re-adjusting the girls. Oh man, what an amazing feeling :carrot:

fiberlover
01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
I bought myself a leather jacket (consignment store find, $25!!), which accentuates my waist and looks really sharp. I was out shopping, standing in the checkout lanes. I looked up at the security tvs, and didn't even realize I was looking at myself sideways! I didn't even recognize myself. It made me laugh out loud! :carrot:

BattleAx
01-10-2008, 02:45 AM
I went to a banquet, and the only seat at the table left was a spot with a chair backed up to a wall. The space between the chair and the table seemed impossibly small. I thought, oh, no, I'm going to be humiliated when I try to squeeze into the space and don't fit. I decided to chance it, and there was leftover space between my stomach and the table!

Switzie6
01-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Had a great NSV yesterday. I went to the doctor to go over my blood work taken at the end of Dec. This summer my cholesterol was 253 and it is now 220. My triglycerides were in the 220s and now are 136! That's in the healthy range. All this with no medication just healthy eating and exercise, so in a few more months my cholesterol should be below 200 which is the normal range. I am hoping by the time I'm at my goal weight it will be at 150 or under.

BrandNewJen
01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I went to a banquet, and the only seat at the table left was a spot with a chair backed up to a wall. The space between the chair and the table seemed impossibly small. I thought, oh, no, I'm going to be humiliated when I try to squeeze into the space and don't fit. I decided to chance it, and there was leftover space between my stomach and the table!

Oh, that's a GOOD one!!! Like, I can't wait to sit at a "booth" in a restaurant and not have it look like I'm being served my own breasts on the plate! :dizzy:

LaurieDawn
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I have been getting a lot of "You've lost weight" comments in the past few days. I'd given up on people I saw all of the time noticing. It's ironic, as I've stayed pretty much the same for the past six weeks, and the lady last night told me, "I haven't seen you for about a month, but you've lost a lot of weight!" Odd, since I've seen her two or three times a week since May, and I lost sixty pounds between May and November, and she didn't seem to notice any of those. :shrug:Very sweet of her to compliment, though. :D And even if I haven't lost any weight during the past six weeks, I needed a boost, and I have maintained, which is something ...

TempleBody
01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
I have one for yesterday. I made it throught the day without one sweet. That's REALLY difficult for me. I plan on doing it again today!

Lifeguard
01-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh, that's a GOOD one!!! Like, I can't wait to sit at a "booth" in a restaurant and not have it look like I'm being served my own breasts on the plate! :dizzy:

Heehee! I know what you mean there!!!!

LisaF
01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I was given a box of chocolates at work today, and I set them out on the table in the break room, where we put up-for-grabs food. I didn't even have one. (And boy was I tempted - they were chocolate-covered macadamia nuts.)

In related news, due to laundry delinquency, this morning I put on my "little bit too clingy" pants, just to see how bad they were. They were baggy!! And yes, I wore them. :)

boaterswife
01-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Brand
Have to admit, I had a smile on my face all day. Have no idea why the hubby wasn't as please about all this as I was lol. Have to admit, that made me feel good too lol.

Shy, I have to say I loved this! Knowing that you dh wasn't nearly as pleased as you were was pretty much an nsv in itself.....know what I mean???

Shy Moment
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
boaters
The man thinks I fell from heaven just for him. Good thing he doesn't pay to much attention to the bent halo lol. When I met him he said he didn't have a jealous bone in his body. All I can figure is since we started dating and got married. He picked up another bone somewhere lol.

Lisa
Oh my gosh, that had to make you feel soooooooooo good.

Temple
Things like that show will power. If that is what you want to do without sugar. You have shown yourself you can do it. Nice going.

Laurie
Sometimes people just don't notice. Then, all of a sudden. They look at you in a certain way and the weight loss really does show. Take pride and enjoy that people do notice. It makes us all feel good when what we are doing shows.

Brandnew
Us short people either can't reach the table top or have to tuck our breasts somewhere because they are laying on the table lol.

Switz
That is good news that the cholesterol is down. How low are you wanting it?

Battle
That had to make you feel good. See, you might not notice how well you are doing but things like that show you how well you are doing.

fiber
You smile again about not recognizing yourself. That is a good feeling.

Optim
That is so great. Nothing beats putting something on and it being big.

Life
I helped run a brownie troop years ago. If I can keep track of 20 first graders asking question after question all at the same time. A few woman are nothing lol. I sometimes think I should eat again when I am up after midnight even if it puts me over the amounts I allow myself. I don't do that to often but I wonder if I should.

Switz
That is what I am doing. Most of my intake is between breakfast and lunch. As the day goes later and later I have less calories and fat.

karmuz
01-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing very well. Nice going! For me, it is just day to day basically the same. I eat, I workout, I clean house lol. I don't wear sweats anymore until 7 pm at night or unless I am working out. That is a big change for me. I could see gaining weight and not realizing it until a few lbs were on. With regular clothes on, I will notice if the waist band gets tight.

Shy,

I've started doing this since I read you do it, lol... Whatever i wear for pants during the day is what stays on now until bedtime. It helps that most of my sweats are on the um, way too large side now, but i've found that doing this helps me not overeat at dinner.. it's the only meal i share with my bf and he's a rail with a superfast metabolism (8 lbs till i weigh less than him!! too bad he's 6 inches taller lol) and he eats like a horse.. i'm so very good every other meal of the day but when we eat together his serving size tends to influence mine, and i realized recently that this is probably contributing to my one to two lb yo yo and no real loss over the last 3 weeks.. i spent over a year at 200 and while i understand plateaus are often hard to break i don't want to go there again for awhile.... i started a new job and i am home more often than not for dinner now. i find it a lot easier to stick to plan when i eat alone :/ I just wish i wasn't such a good cook (lol!!) - I can't limit him on "off limits" food for me because some of them are his favorites (i would be very happy if i never saw another potato in my life, i am not good with starches in general, but if i cut potatoes out of his diet he would definitely notice. he hasn't noticed how much i've cut out red meat, but the potato? it would be ww3 here!)

Lifeguard
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I had discovered the wearing real clothes thing a while back as well. I find it really changes how I feel about myself as well when I actually make an effort. I was being really bad though - I had the tendency to stay in my pj's all day if I didn't need to go anywhere. eeek!

Today my nsv is that I am starting the day with a new attitude - no more feeling grumpy 'cause I'm lonely!

As well, on Wednesday while at the gym I did bench press. The weights here are all in kg & I'm still getting used to the switch. So I loaded the bar & it wasn't until I was under it & moving it that I thought, wow, this feels heavier than it should. Well, I had put 10kg (22lbs) more than I had intended on the bar. So, I finished 5 reps & then changed the weight down for the next set, 'cause I wanted to do more reps.

I post my workouts on my old gym's message board & this morning my trainer/friend commented on my workout & pointed out that my one rep max must be up. In December when I did the competition I benched 95lbs & then failed at 105. Well, on Wednesday I did 5 reps of 92.5lbs!!!! I'm very excited 'cause I feel like I've been slacking a little on my workouts but that is some real progress!

Nori71
01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Great NSV's everyone! Congrats on the baggy clothes, the new clothes, the upped weights, the double takes and extra looks from mechanics!! I had a lady at the gym come up to me today and tell me my butt is looking smaller!:D Personally I usually keep those type of comments to, "I can tell you've lost some weight...", or "I can see it in your face...", but I guess we are all checking each other out!

Last night DH "happily" commented that I have so much more energy since starting to work out again! :love: I have to agree - amazing how it improves every aspect of my life!

Havingfaith
01-11-2008, 08:47 PM
My NSV might seem rather minor, but it was a biggie for me. I'm a teacher, and one of my students had a birthday today. She brought in sugar cookies with thick frosting. (Yum, right??) After passing them out to the class, she had many left over. I could just tell that I would get "stuck" with one on my desk - and then I'd have to fight that temptation. So, I let her leave the room and give out the remaining cookies to any teacher she wanted to in the whole building (which she thought was just too cool!). I even told her to come back when her container was empty! There I was - no temptation! :carrot:

Or so I thought!

Twenty minutes later, a student from another class came into my room with a homemade chocolate chip cookie (oh, my absolute favorite, btw). I looked and it and SO MANY thoughts went through my head. "I have been really good. I could have this. Everything in moderation, right? Maybe just a bite. I do have carrots and celery in the fridge, but this would be so much better tasting. . . . " I ended up taking one bite, then another. It was so yummy, but I decided that I wanted to have power over food - and NOT let it have power over me. So, I savored the second bite of the cookie, then threw the rest away. I munched on some carrot and celery sticks, and even though they didn't quite taste as good as the cookie, I was a little proud of myself.

Shy Moment
01-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Haveingfaith
If you don't want to have a cookie then not having it is a huge nsv.

Momto
I have to admit I would never think of telling another woman her butt is looking smaller lol. I would say something like you can really see the difference in your face but these days many people have no finesse lol.

Life
I agree on the clothes thing. Since putting on all this weight, really the last 20lbs I went around in sweats all the time, didn't bother to put makeup on and didn't bother to curl my hair. I now only wear sweats after 7 pm. You can't tell the clothes are getting tight and you sure can't enjoy they are getting lose if you are in sweats all the time. I also do my makeup and my hair. I feel so much better about myself. I look good, I feel good, I see the results more because I am paying more attention to myself.

kar
I have to role the waist band of my sweats down and they still won't stay around my waist lol. That makes me feel good. Something I have done from day one is I use a salad plate for breakfast, a salad plate for lunch and a lunch plate for dinner. Main thing I am meaning is don't use dinner plates. Sometimes we feel if the plate isn't full we aren't eating enough. Using a smaller plate or bowl can make you not want to eat so much. Also, how much someone else eats doesn't influence us as much because we can realize after awhile, we are eating proper portion sizes, then after a while longer, we don't even think anything about it. Always looks to me like the hubby eats way to much if I don't make his plate. Another thing we do is, I make his first plate. If he eats second he gets his own. I don't want seconds and I don't want to be tempted to eat seconds lol.

I didn't really cut anything out of my food choices. I eat anything I want BUT I do make choices. If I am going to have this today, I have to wait until tomorrow to have that. There are no cookies in the house, to easy to snack on, not really sure there is anything else I don't let in the house. For me fit day is the life saver. I can see at a glance how much fat and carbs I have taken in. That really makes me think about what I want to eat after I have gotten the requited amounts of the four basic food groups in.

Do I go over the calories, fat and carbs I allow myself a day. Sure from time to time I do. Today was my mountain dew day. I made the mistake of not poring the 12 oz in a glass ( it came in 24oz bottles ) must have been on sale that way. I ended up drinking the whole 24oz instead of the usual 12 I allow myself a couple of times a week. First this tells me, doesn't matter if it is on sale; I am only going to get it in the 12 oz cans. Better for me this way since I sat and drank it while I was reading a book and didn't pay any attention. Oh well, that is ok. I will just watch my carbs for a few days and knock 3 or 4 off what I allow myself. Nothing I do is written in stone.

Havingfaith
01-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I was going to take the day off today from exercising, but my dh asked me if I wanted to work out at the high school. He teaches there and had some work to do. So instead of taking the day off, I went to the weight room and lifted weights for 35 minutes. Then I used the stationary bike for 13 minutes and walked for 72 minutes. My pedometer died right when I was getting done! Oh well! LOL So my NSV was getting off my butt when I had planned on being a bit lazy. It actually feels good - who'd have thought?!;)

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Having
Moving when we don't want to is a big nsv

For me, I have been having a hard time with this pulled hamstring. My nsv, I still keep with the videos. I take at least twice as long to do them as they should take because I am taking it easy but I still do them

weezerloo
01-14-2008, 03:07 AM
I lazed around this morning, and went to the mall and dinner with a friend this evening, but when I got home around 6:30 or so I went straight into the kitchen and made some baked chicken and a quick chicken/veggie soup for the week! Now I don't have the "no food in the house" excuse to eat out lunch or dinner on a Monday like I often do. :D

dustdiva
01-14-2008, 06:21 AM
I had a 100% cheat-free weekend! :carrot:

That is huge for me - I have a fairly easy time staying on plan during the work week, but when I'm at home on weekends it's a different story entirely. To help myself succeed this time, I planned out all my meals and snacks ahead of time, which seemed to be the key.

(Of course knowing what to do doesn't insure that I'll always DO it!)

gr8smyl99
01-14-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm with you Diva! The weekends are always a pitfall when not planned. And I have much more energy now that I'm eating properly.... so I don't need so much "relax" time on the weekends, either!

I just have to say - Thank you all for sharing!! Reading about everyone's little victories helps me realize that the small successes will add up!!!

pamatga
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Since my back side looks like the state of Kansas if someone told me my butt was smaller I probably would give them the biggest hug and kiss imaginable and then they would say well I know where your fat went to ---your head 'cuz you're nuts!

I would love to be one of those chicks with skinny behinds. I don't know that will ever happen but I will keep you posted if it ever looks like New Hampshire or Vermont.

My NSV was yesterday. I bought this plum microsuede skirt a few years ago. I thought it would fit but it wasn't sized properly (well, I still think it wasn't) so I kept it thinking someday I would be able to wear it. Well, I kept trying it on until I could finally fit into it. A month ago I wore it although I didn't like how it fit over my pot belly.

Yesterday, I wore it again! I asked my DH to finish zipping me up and buttoning the button. I have arthritis in my hands and buttons are a challenge. He told me " Wow I overshot. I thought the button was farther apart. You have lost weight."

I pulled my waistband away from my waist almost 4 inches! In fact, all the time I was wearing the skirt it felt so loose on me that I was fearful it would fall off. It was loose around both my hips and through the stomach.

Woo Hoo!! I could have slept it in last night, I was so beaming.:D

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 10:13 PM
pama
That is so GREAT. The scale holds nothing to our clothes fitting so loose we are afraid they are going to fall off. Nice going.

gr8
Coming here and seeing how everyone is doing is very inspirational for me. The days that I just don't feel like exercising or that chocolate cake I made the kids sure looks good. Don't get me down when I can see how much better I will be without them.

Dust
You have a right to be dancing lol. That is the way I stay on plan. I plan what I am going to eat tomorrow tonight before I go to bed. There are times what I plan changes but I pretty much stay within what I plan for myself.

Wee
Thats the way to do it. Nip doing what you shouldn't do in the bud before you get around to doing it lol.

I have a problem with low lung capacity so I haven't been able to do over a 2 mile walking/aerobic video. To night, for the first time. I was able to finish a 3 mile video. I am so proud of myself. I remember when I started doing the 1 mile videos, I had to hit pause a few times just to get thru it. I know sooner or later ( probably later lol ) I will be able to do a 4 mile video. If I never can, what I am doing is great for me.

Lifeguard
01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I have been so unhappy with my new gym & it totally leaves me unmotivated to go workout. Tonight I signed up at a new gym for 6 months! It is the World Gym here in Costa Rica & it is gorgeous & huge. I would have preferred to support a locally owned/operated business that is closer to home - but NO ONE had a squat rack - which is something I'm really needing for my workouts. I am very excited to be able to work out in air conditioning as well. The heat has been killing me!!!

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Life
I was wondering if you ever started to like that new gym lol and here is your post. I am so glad you found a place to workout that has what you need. I am sure the air conditioning is more than welcome.

gr8smyl99
01-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Yesterday I made a good choice in a restaurant for lunch! And though it was a larger portion that my usual lunches - I made it my bigger meal for the day, and had a much smaller dinner - which was ok since I worked late anyway!!

Now my challenge to myself will be to do this for the entire week!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2008, 07:59 AM
This is my first NSV in quite a while! I got on my treadmill and walked for 60 minutes yesterday. I haven't done this since Oct 18.

denialisnthappiness
01-15-2008, 09:13 AM
held plank for 45 seconds... such a weakling lol but everyone has to start somewhere!

Switzie6
01-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I hate plank!!!! It's hard to hold up 232 lbs for very long!

famograham
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I've got a good one from yesterday, thanks to Rhonda! ;)

My best friend brought me a coffee, Bacon 'n Egger and a hashbrown from A&W.
I set it on the desk while she was here. Then after she left, I posted my pain on the accountability thread. Rhonda posted back to me and then I got up, took it into the kitchen, opened the bag and squished the stuff into the icky garbage.
I was SO proud of myself!

These are some great NSV's my friends...we rock!

:hug:
Linda

Lyn2007
01-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Just reading this thread really helps me not to eat junk. I read about you guys getting compliments or fitting into new clothes and I want it so badly that I eat healthy all day!

aerotigergirl
01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
This is a small one, but I figured it still counts. On Saturday, I had wanted to go for a run/walk or otherwise get some exercise. It was a beautiful day out, but instead of doing what I'd planned, I sat around my house and ate too much (good for you food, but still, too much). At the end of the day, I felt terrible.

BUT, I haven't let that setback become a pattern. I'm back on plan and doing great. Usually I let little slip-ups ruin a great run. Not this time! :)

kissingginger
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
My NSV today is not eating the chocolate pudding the kids are eating. Or the tuna casserole that I made for them (which is loaded with cheese and cream!)

Cheers,
Ginger

gr8smyl99
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Congrats, Rhonda - that's great!
I have had a successful Day 2 of my eating lunch out challenge. And that was surrounded by thin people eating french fries!!
I'm feeling like Day 3 will be good, too!

Chelavon
01-16-2008, 07:50 AM
OK here it goes!

Yesterday I was able to button up a shirt that in the past I cound only put a tank top under to even attempt to wear it.

Second I ate at a fast food place and the first thing I did was go straight to the nutrition chart to see what I could have. Normally we don't eat there but we had to run straight to basketball practice so we stopped. I was able to read the chart and plainly see the difference in having 2 of something vs. 1 of something else. My biggest downfall is bread and coke. So I obviously am not a water person however I have been drinking more. I was surely not going to get water there (not that good yet) so I opted not to get a drink and instead at the end of my meal I took a drink from my daughters cup and it satisfied my urge for coke and yet it was only a sip (1st sip in a week)! That right there is one of the most rewarding mini-goals for me, because I used to drink a 12 pack a day before.

Switzie6
01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
One Sunday I got a cake for my sister's goodbye dinner, she is going into basic training. I got stuck with the leftovers, but it has been sitting on my counter and I have not had a piece since Sunday (I had it figured into my calories). In the past I would have eaten the rest of it in a day. Would have thrown in away but felt like a waste and my boyfriend and our roommate will eat it.

denialisnthappiness
01-16-2008, 09:25 AM
eating is bang on target so no probs there but really wanted *something* to hit the spot... was going to get a bottle of diet coke (hate normal stuff) but managed to resist! Trying to teach myself that just because it's almost zero calories all those ingredients are no good for me! Thee more produced it is the worse it is! so sitting here cokeless :)

kissingginger
01-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Okay you guys, I am apologizing in advance: you are going to hate me for posting this, so please don't go to her website because her pictures will literally make you drool on your keyboard. So DON'T go there. But needless to say I made cookies with candy (the pioneer woman cooks website) for the kids and hubby and didn't eat any. It helps too that I had two hours with TBL last night which kept me motivated to keep my hands away.

There are still more leftover this morning, and normally before all this healthy lifestyle thing my typical breakfast WAS chocolate and coffee, so not eating them again this morning is just a huge NSV for me.

Cheers,
Ginger

okiechick
01-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Ok, I was uncomfortable in the clothes I had on from work so when I got home, late (7:45) and starving, while my dinner heated (by the way garlic bread frozen pizza and I only ate 1 and 1/2 servings and left the rest for my son, active 16 year old boys can eat ANYTHING and still be tiny:p, there are even leftovers in the fridge....during unhealthy eating, no leftovers to be seen, half a pizza for each of us) anyway, I put on my jammies/lounge suit and was done for the night. I ate my pizza watching biggest loser and downed 2 bottles of water in effort to leave the rest of the pizza alone. After the show, I actually got up and changed AGAIN but this time into workout clothes and got on the treadmill:carrot: That always is the hardest part for me. It seems like such a chore to get dressed to work out.....:dizzy:

Lifeguard
01-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Yesterday I actually posted a picture of myself on facebook in a bathingsuit. Now I'm not one to be shy about wearing a bathingsuit (or being a lifeguard would have been hard - lol) but to put pictures for everyone to see - yikes!!!

Well, then I chatted with a friend yesterday afternoon on msn & she said "Congratultions, you did it!" referring to my weightloss. It felt good. I'm still a ways from my ideal but I'm getting there.

midwife
01-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Warning: Possible trigger food mentioned.

Ok, so I went to the hospital cafeteria for lunch planning to get half a turkey sandwich and a chef salad and they were serving chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, and green beans with bacon. Ohhhh, how I love chicken fried steak and I NEVER have it.

I resisted. I got a half a turkey sandwich and a chef salad (light ranch dressing).

I want to see the scale go down more than I want chicken fried steak. That is huge for me!

famograham
01-16-2008, 02:49 PM
WooooHooooo!! Midwife!!

:cheer2:

Linda

midwife
01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks, Linda! :hug:

Havingfaith
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
My NSV is that I have had NO junk food since the 2 bites of chocolate chip cookie I had last Friday. It's a miracle! It's amazing how healthy I eat when we don't have junk in the house.

(That being said. . .I told dh that all I want for Valentine's Day is one Hershey's bar! :^:)

Lifeguard
01-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I worked out at my new gym tonight for the first time. I think I'm going to really like it. The atmosphere is much better than the other one.

Moosegirl
01-17-2008, 03:39 AM
NSV – my first two pairs of jeans that never fitted me since I bought them two and half years ago now fit… that feels so good, especially since I have not worn jeans for over 14 years!

Guess what I am wearing today… :carrot:

Lifeguard
01-17-2008, 04:15 AM
Wow Moosegirl - 14 years, you must feel terrific!

gr8smyl99
01-17-2008, 06:46 AM
I made it through out to eat lunch again.... woohoo!!! The week is more than 1/2 way over.....

Plus - I have to say that my afternoons are so much more productive when I don't have "food coma"! :) :) :)

Chelavon
01-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Good Job midwife, I feel ya on that meal, that is one of my faves at work also. Congrats I know that one can be a hard choice.

Moosegirl, that is a wonderful feeling...all your hard work has paid off!

LaurieDawn
01-17-2008, 07:58 AM
I asked my 14YO daughter to help me with my hair for an important meeting, and she suggested straightening it with her flat iron. I was willing to try it, and I thought it looked really good. She seemed surprised that I liked it, and I asked her why she would be surprised. Apparently, she had straightened it for me a year ago or so, and I had hated it. My quote was, "This only makes my chubby cheeks look even bigger." When she explained, I remembered the incident, and I remember at the time thinking how much being fat dominated so many decisions in my life. Getting a completely unanticipated NSV was such a nice surprise.

amouse
01-17-2008, 03:46 PM
im looking better i the mirror i have almost lost the top belly roll completly :) the scale hasn't moved much this week even though i have but i measured my waist and i have now losy 6 inches from there :)

Havingfaith
01-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Way to go, amouse!! :carrot: That's a great NSV!

My NSV for the day was working my tail off for 2 hours this morning. I lifted weights for 35 minutes, did the stationary bike for a TOTAL of 35 minutes (not all at once, because the darn thing was killing me) and walked/jogged the remaining 65. Yes, I actually jogged some - not much, admittedly, but I did do it.

(But I did sleep over two hours this afternoon!!! :mad:)

Purplefirefly
01-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Just a couple months ago I had three large, horrible fat rolls on my stomach. One at the bottom on that hung down, one big fat middle lump, and then a smaller but still disgustingly big roll right under my chest.

Well, last night in the tub I realized the top one is almost all the way GONE! Seriously, i can barely grab it anymore :woohoo: the middle one is gone a lot as well, and the bottom one isn't hanging as much and feels different. I have been feeling a lot thinner through the middle, but did not realize that top roll is almost all the way gone.

I stood in the mirror for awhile and realized I look a lot different as well without that top fat :D I always thought my bottom stomach hanging was loose skin and might never go away, but now I have hope because it is a lot smaller and isn't hanging as much, it just feels different when I squish it :lol: Okay enough standing in the mirror playing with myself...back to exercising the rest of it off.

Lifeguard
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
I worked out at my new gym last night. It was terrific. I squatted - felt so good!! And today I can feel all those leg muscles I knew were there!

heather_dw
01-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Exercise (WATP 1 mile) 5 days in a row! yay!
:carrot:

Shy Moment
01-19-2008, 01:16 AM
I am so proud of everyone. You are all doing so great and it is not about numbers. It is about how you feel about yourself and the things you notice happening. I can fit into a small pair of sweat pants now. I do understand lol they stretch but there was a time that larges were getting to tight.

WebRover
01-19-2008, 04:48 AM
I've been able to wear several pairs of the next size down pants in the past two weeks.:)

My belt buckled in the next smaller hole last week. Yesterday it buckled in the next one yet while I was wearing the same pair of pants! I don't think this belt has ever been buckled in this hole before.:carrot: It's happening.

amouse
01-19-2008, 05:21 AM
i swam for 5 hours today and had a load of fun with the kids, i did 100 laps that i actaully counted and goosed around the rest of the time... and i didnt even get sunburnt.. i did not sit still once whilst swimming.. lol swimming with a 3 and 7 year old with floaties doesnt not allow mum to sit still and i was also a water horsey to them lol.. many laps dragging them back and forth.. lol... Cameron called it an emu ride.. lol IM POOOPED lol

LisaF
01-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Today I'm wearing the too-tight jeans, but they're not too tight! YAY!

famograham
01-19-2008, 10:56 PM
We just got back form our weekend date. We saw Cloverfield...it was disturbing, but pretty good if you like weird movies like me. It reminded me of most of my dreams. I am constantly having these nightmares where I'm running, hiding and terrified of something. Catastrophic, AWFUL dreams, have I.
Anyway....that's not the NSV...:lol:

We went to dinner at Romeo's. I was going to order just a Greek salad, no dressing, and a chicken souvlaki skewer. Well it turned out that they were going to charge me $7.95 for the salad (regular size, not large) and another $6.95 JUST for the skewer of chicken! :fr:

SO, it was cheaper to order the FULL Greek souvlaki meal. This meal includes Greek potatoes, pita and tzatziki, Greek rice, Greek salad, and the souvlaki skewer. :drool::drool::drool: This is my FAVOURITE, and it is HUGE.
I ordered it, with no dressing on the salad.....and.....drumroll please......
ONLY ATE THE SALAD, CHICKEN, AND ONE BITE OF THE POTATO!!!

This is a really big deal for me, because I can easily polish off that whole dinner with a smile. But I didn't, and I didn't die....I am so very proud of myself! :carrot::carrot::)

OK, done :lol:

Great job everybody...we ARE DOING IT!!!
Linda

Lifeguard
01-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm back in the gym rhythm. I was so scared I'd lost it totally but it turns out it really was just the gym I was going to. I was disliking going so much that it had totally demotivated me. The new gym is gorgeous & I LOVE being there.

heather_dw
01-20-2008, 08:06 PM
7 days of WATP one mile in a row! First time ever! Also, while cooking dinner tonight, I was exercising. I was working the legs, arms and abs. By the time I sat down to eat, my abs felt like they had gone though a workout. I thought to myself "wow, I'm really doing it!'
:carrot:

Havingfaith
01-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I worked out today, even though I was not looking forward to it and was grumpy the whole time. ;)

jay41
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I had bought the largest shape up Champion bra they make - bought it 3 years ago and it didn't fit. Threw it in the back of the closet. Found it while cleaning the other day and guess what???!!! It FIT!!! :carrot:

Shy Moment
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
jay
Feels so good when we can wear something we couldn't wear before congrats.

Having
I bet you feel great that you worked out and I bet you are proud of yourself that you did something good for yourself that you didn't feel like doing. Nice going.

Heather
Thats the way to do it. Sit and tighten those abs while watching tv. Do push ups against the washer or dryer while you are waiting for them to get finished. You find all kinds of ways to slip in just a bit of exercise. It really does add up. Don't you just love Leslie. I always say a day without Leslie is a day without sunshine :)

Life
I am so HAPPY to hear that. I was a bit worried you would give up and stop going since you really didn't like that other gym. So glad you like this one.

famo
That is terrific. SEE you do have willpower and you can make good choices. I would have eaten it all lol

Lisa
I am smiling for you :)

Amouse
Sounds like you had great fun.

Web
You keep with it. YES it is happening. We didn't gain the weight over night and we aren't going to lose it overnight BUT we can see difference little by little that let us know we are really doing it.

gr8smyl99
01-21-2008, 07:15 AM
I had a successful food weekend. I didn't overeat, and I feel good this morning that I don't have to "re-start my diet" like i always used to do on monday mornings after a binge weekend.

Although I had a horrible dream last night where I ate like 4 pieces of pizza - and then felt terribly guilty.... but dreams don't count, right?!?!?

denialisnthappiness
01-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Although I had a horrible dream last night where I ate like 4 pieces of pizza - and then felt terribly guilty.... but dreams don't count, right?!?!?

Absoloutley not! Day/Night dreaming is what keeps me going! Anyway, dreaming of certain foods is almost always better than the real thing - never as good as you think it tastes etc so I'd rather imagine how good it is!

Lifeguard
01-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I just picked up my new car!!! This means that I am no longer without a car during the day while dh is at work which means I can go workout whenever I want!!! Woohoo!!!

Shy Moment
01-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Life
Nice going on the car. I am going to get rid of mine lol I never get to drive it anyway. Since my daughter was in an accident and the car she was driving was totaled she has to use mine to go back and forth to work. I forget what it is like to have a car lol.

gr8smyl99
01-22-2008, 07:09 AM
You're right, denial! But isn't it funny how our brains work?!?

My NSV for today..... I think I have a waist!!

denialisnthappiness
01-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I REALLY wanted a mars bar from the sandwich lady :(

I sat at my desk and waited until she went away instead... ho hum *drinks a cup of tea instead*

2beautiful2Bfat
01-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I put on my favorite skirt yestersay and for the past few months it has not fit me very well but yesterday I looked great if I do say so myself!!

Shy Moment
01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
denial
Had you said a milky way I could have related lol. Nice will power.

2beautiful
Doesn't that just make you feel great :)

dandk0204
01-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Wow all these NSV victories are great!! Way to go everyone!

My NSV is my pants aren't tight anymore and I don't have my huge belly hanging over it anymore either lol

Switzie6
01-22-2008, 01:55 PM
On Sunday I jogged on the treadmill for 20 minutes straight!

valpal23
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
my nsv is that I comfortably fit into a size 18 dress pant. woo!!

Lifeguard
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Last night I went to the gym to workout even though I really didn't want to leave the house. And you know, I had a fantastic workout. Really pushed hard!!

blueyedlvrgirl
01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Let me start off by saying I am a clothes hound! Before deciding to lose weight, I placed a LARGE order with oldnavy.com. After deciding I was going to lose weight, I also decided that if I was going to be losing weight, there was no reason to buy clothes to fit this body. I called old navy and cancelled the order (a huge deal)! Well, today I got home from work and found 2 huge boxes with the old navy logo all over them. I got them inside, puzzled. I opened them up and looked at the adorable clothes...:drool:...I pulled them out, tried a few things on...I was even tempted to keep them! Then I said to myself, "Wait a second! Imagine how nice it will be to buy new clothes when you have lost the weight that you are trying to lose. Don't buy anything that will help you to be more comfortable staying where you are!" I put all of that stuff back in the boxes, drove down to old navy and returned EVERYTHING!! I am very proud of myself! I am going to stay on course, keep working my calorie counting and exercising on my lunch break, so that I can buy the clothes I want to wear in the SIZE I want to wear! Just a reminder to keep this up!! :D
:running:

Lifeguard
01-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Wow - good job blueeyed!!! I am constantly fighting the temptation to buy new clothes. Not so much because I love clothes but because I'm so sick of the ill-fitting ones, but I figure by not buying that's one more incentive to keep chugging along.

Last night I went & worked out. I had pretty much decided I wasn't going to work out for the day but then dh came home & I asked him (for the 50th time) if he wanted to go to the gym & sign up (FINALLY) & he said yes. Then he took a nap & surprise, surprise, when he woke up he didn't want to go but I pushed him & we went & I had a good hard workout.

It continues to be that the hardest part of working out is getting there!

Shy Moment
01-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Life
Not sure I would ever make it to the gym if I belonged to one. Hard enough to get me to go out and shop for food lol. That is the reason I do my workouts at home. Nice that you got the hubby to go with you.

blue
Thats great. Good decision. I can't wait until April 16th, that is my anniversary and the day I am going to shop for some clothes for spring and summer. I just couldn't see spending a bunch of money on clothes that aren't going to fit in a couple of months. We bought me three outfits for last summer and that was it. I have to go out this weekend and get some under clothes mine are all to big again lol. The lady that makes my bras said I am to knock it off. She has to make new ones again for me lol. Have an appointment with her tomorrow.

Val
That is GREAT. Makes us feel so good when a new size fits. When we can see the progress not through numbers on a scale but through how our clothes fit. Congrats and you keep at it. Will be no time at all and that size 18 will turn into a 16.

Swit
Nice going. I would die lol. I walk a lot but not jog. Bet the time goes faster if you watch a movie or read a book. Can you read a book while Jogging?

dandk
How our clothes fit is very important. When we feel good about how we look I think, we stick with what we are doing. A scale is all well and good but how we see our selfs in the mirror means much much more. Congrats

GirlyGirlSebas
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
After a long dry spell, I now have 2 NSVs on the same day!

First off.....I really really did not want to get on the treadmill yesterday. I was fighting a mental battle for the whole last hour of work. "I'm tired and would really like to take a nap." "Its only Tuesday...I have the rest of the week to make up for not working out today." Well, the treadmill won and I did a great sweaty hour....I even broke into a slow jog three times!

Secondly - Went to Target by myself last evening. Again, I had a mental battle. This time, the battle was whether or not I deserved a treat. Afterall, I worked out hard on that treadmill and I still have most of the week to make up for it. I won the battle and didn't buy a treat! Normally, I would have bought a candy bar/doughnut/shake, eaten it on the way home, then hid the evidence from Hubby. Not this time!

Switzie6
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Swit
Nice going. I would die lol. I walk a lot but not jog. Bet the time goes faster if you watch a movie or read a book. Can you read a book while Jogging?

I was right there with you a few months ago, had to build up to it. I have never tried to read a book while jogging. I usually bring headphones to the gym and plug them into the hook up on the machine and watch tv. I try to watch something total mindless and light like one of the vh1 reality shows:)

Shy Moment
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Not sure my knees could take the jogging and the doc said no jogging but then she says no one should jog lol. What does she know.

LisaF
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
GirlyGirl - Good job! I know how darn hard it can be not to think of food as a treat/reward. Maybe the next time you're in Target and you deserve a treat/reward, you'll go buy yourself a a new magazine or cd or hair tie. And that's a treat you'll enjoy for a whole lot longer, and with no guilt attached!

Lisa

kissingginger
01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Made cookies for the kids again. resisted ALL temptation. Last night watching TBL, I brought with me 3 cups plain popcorn (NO SALT, NO BUTTER) and 1 cookie.

That cookie is still sitting on my nightstand. I think I have an illness because I'm tempted to leave it there as a reminder of my old "binging" days.

Cheers, Ginger

Lifeguard
01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Today I went to see a new doctor for my infertility. In the past I have put things like this off due to my weight but we've been here only one month & now I'm on a plan again to hopefully get this baby thing moving along. Fingers crossed this will do the trick!

gr8smyl99
01-24-2008, 06:11 AM
Hey Rhonda - you did deserve a treat!! Maybe next time you'll pick up a new lipstick, or a small accessory as a reward! And way to go resisting the temptation.

Last night, before bed, my hubby told me he thinks I haven't been snoring lately. And then very gingerly says, "maybe its because you're losing weight?". Of course it is!! Poor guy. It was never said outloud, which let me continue to deny that my being overweight was hurting someone I love.

My NSV..... No More Snoring!!!

2beautiful2Bfat
01-24-2008, 06:51 AM
A friend came by yesterday and as soon as she opened the door she said oh did you lose weight? You look great!! That was exciting because I just started so i didn't think it was noticeable!! Yeah!

Havingfaith
01-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Last night, I was really upset about something job-related. I received an email, which I took great offense at. I was angry, frustrated, and offended. BUT. . . I did not reach for food! I called a friend and vented to her. It didn't solve my problem of being upset (I'm still angry this morning!), but I did not binge. No emotional eating last night is a HUGE NSV for me.

gr8smyl99
01-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Today will be my last day of 2 weeks out of the office - and 2 weeks of eating lunch out every day! Other than once, I kept to my plan of various types of salad with grilled chicken! I thought it was going to be boring, but each restaurant had their "take" on it, with different additions, or different marinated chicken that changed the flavor of the whole thing. Added bonus....I felt so much better in the afternoons without all that heavy food laying in my belly :)

Lifeguard
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
This morning on my walk with the dog I took her suggestion (which she gives every time) to take an additional little side road & lengthened my walk by about 10 minutes. It's taken me years (poor pup) but I think I've finally made this walk thing a daily habit!

Shy Moment
01-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Life
That is great. Good for you, good for the dogie. Enjoy, walking is good for us.

gr8
I eat about the same thing for lunch everyday. My gosh, lunch without tuna and a salad and cottage cheese is a day without sunshine lol. Glad you can get things back to normal. The snoring could very well be lessoning or even stopped all together. I had sleep apnia very badly. I would jerk awake and all kinds of other things. I no longer do that.
Having
That is wonderful. Recognizing the things that cause us to eat and being able to control that is sure a big step forward.

2beautiful
That is very nice. Others notice before we do our selfs I think. Bet you smiled.

Havingfaith
01-26-2008, 08:17 AM
MY NSV was that I survived my PMS day without any kind of bingeing!!! Now it's time to conquer my TOM cravings! ;)

Beverlyjoy
01-26-2008, 08:22 AM
I am now fitting into clothes that were too tight before. I went to a school to tell stories this week (I hadn't been there for a year) and they all congradulated me on my noticable weight loss. YAY.

denialisnthappiness
01-26-2008, 03:18 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/drawdoow/260108front.jpghttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/drawdoow/260108side.jpg

excuse the vpl in the second pic :o Six am this morning in the gym at work. Just SOMETIMES I take a pic and feel like I'm getting somewhere :^:

LaurieDawn
01-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, Denial. You are looking SO GOOD.

Lifeguard
01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Yesterday I bought a package of bras at PriceSmart but wasn't sure they would fit. But they did - size L!!!! They're sports bras that I intend to wear over my current sports bras with the hope it will eliminate the bounce - lol!

Schmoodle
01-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Don't know if this is an NSV, but I feel good about it this morning, so it gave me a boost. I started out a size 20/22. After 51 lbs. gone, I did have to buy new pants so they wouldn't fall off, but I've mostly been wearing the same tops. They were loose, but I thought they looked okay. Until I took a look in a mirror the other day and saw how much extra material was hanging on me. So in Kohl's yesterday I picked up a couple new tops, and came home to put them away. That got me started pulling out the big stuff, and I ended up cleaning out my whole dresser and closet of big clothes and boxing them up for Goodwill. I've got enough that fits to get me through, and lots of room in my closet and dresser now. I deserve to wear clothes that fit and look cute.

LisaF
01-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Schmoodle, that definitely sounds like a victory to me! Congrats on the new look!

Lisa

Shy Moment
01-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Congrats to eveyone. You are all doing so well. My nsv. I have taken all weekend and vegged out with the hubby and watched movies lol.

gr8smyl99
01-28-2008, 06:42 AM
My NSV is funny.... I treated myself to pre-cut cauliflower at the store for $3.99. In the past, there's no way I would spend that. But I used to not even hesitate to spend that much on a crappy box of donuts/cake. So now I feel like.... for healthy food - its ok to "splurge" a little!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Congrats to everyone for all their nonscale victories!!

My NSV is that when I went out to have Chinese Food over the weekend, I did not overeat. I ordered steamed veggie dumplings with ginger dipping sauce and had a few bites of other's shrimp and beef.

Also, my hubby got a beautiful cake for our wedding anniversary. I only had 2 bites with a small dip of light ice cream.

These are big victories for me.

Shy Moment
01-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Beverly
I can see your smile though the monitor lol. Glad you are proud of yourself.

gr8
How right you are. Isn't it funny when you think about it like that. I would spend a ton of money on mountain dew and yet wouldn't think of spending more money on the whipped cream cheese, instead I would get the off brand. I now get the whipped and say yum. lol

aerotigergirl
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Congrats to everyone! We're all doing so great!

My NSV: Today I haven't once taken the elevator at work. Every time I've had to go to another floor, I've hiked it on the stairs, baby! :)

Purplefirefly
01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I put on a pair of shorts I wore last summer...and they are very loose :carrot:

Trazzie
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
My pants were feeling a little loose today (size 20) so I decided to try and squeeze into my brand new pair of 18's with the price tags still attached and they FIT! A tad snug but I could bend over and even breath in them! Best part is they arent even the stretchy kind!!

kissingginger
01-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I put on a purple shirt today that fit! 18 pounds ago it was too tight around the tummy and today, it looked "ok".

Ginger

gr8smyl99
01-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Way to go Beverly!! I'll bet it felt good to focus on what was really important - which is the celebration - not the food that goes along with it!

My NSV today is that I skipped snack last night because I wasn't hungry. Now there's a novel concept - LOL!

The funny thing is - that the snack was just supposed to be popcorn, which I have just about every night. But for whatever reason, I was still full from dinner. So I listened to my body & passed - woohooo!!!

Shy Moment
01-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Congrats to everyone, you are all doing so well.

Lifeguard
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
My basketball shorts from high school fit!!!! Ok - now these were not exactly tight fitting shorts but still - it's been over 10 years!!! (Wow - how come I don't feel this old?)

Robin41
01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
No more back fat. It's all gone. I used to just have rolls of it and now even if I bend side to side, I can't make a roll appear.

Who knew you were supposed to feel your spine up against the back of a chair? It's kind of uncomfortable actually but I'll take it. :)

Shy Moment
01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Robin
Way to go. I can't wait for that day. We are so use to all the fat we don't know what it is like to have a body in shape. It feels all different. I have started to notice that.

Life
That is great. Bet you smiled real big.

LaurieDawn
01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
No more back fat. It's all gone. I used to just have rolls of it and now even if I bend side to side, I can't make a roll appear.

Who knew you were supposed to feel your spine up against the back of a chair? It's kind of uncomfortable actually but I'll take it. :)

Robin, it has been so exciting watching you cannonball through your weight loss. Looks to me like you're only 12 pounds away from goal. Such an amazing, amazing thing you're doing!

So, I am now demanding pictures. ;) I want to see this fabulously determined, wickedly funny woman who has shown us how it's done!

Lifeguard
01-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Robin - that's like my knees & ankles - I can't believe how bony they are against each other in bed! Bones - who knew?!

Robin41
01-31-2008, 12:51 AM
I still haven't figured out how to sleep on my side without my knees rubbing and hurting. You'd think God or evolution would have accounted for that somehow.

I will get a picture up as soon as I hit goal. :) I actually have no before pictures. I was way too good at avoiding them. I think the heaviest I have is about 220 and in that one I'm hiding behind so many people and so much furniture that you can't really see me. Maybe the classic "wearing my fat pants" picture would work.

Of course somebody is going to have to explain how to post a picture. I'm pathetic.

Janny O
01-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Such wonderful success stories!!! The hard work is paying off!!!

My NSV came last week when I went out with a bunch of former fellow co-worker's for lunch. Mind you, I haven't seen these guys (all men) in 2+ years. They knew about my weightloss, but hadnt seen me. First question they asked was "where did you go??". One co-worker didn't even recognize me!
That lunch was priceless!!!