Carb Counters - NewYear Chat Jan 1/08 ~ Jan 6/08

View Full Version : NewYear Chat Jan 1/08 ~ Jan 6/08

RobinW
01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

The first day of the new year, and Im going to make it a great one!

Happy New Year!

beach bum
01-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Yes Robin its a new year and new month. You & me both are going to make a new & fresh start. Have to get my exercising up to par,by having some kind of activity every day,even its just for 10 m.Thanks for starting us up on this New Year.

Just had dinner and before that we watched the Rose Parade the colors of those roses were so beautiful,and I can image the fragrant smell of those blooms.

Now I can't wait til Spring to start seeing the flowers again.

Have a great day

Hugs :) BB

mothermavis
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm also starting over, eating OP, exercise done. Now need to go to the lake.
YS jumps in with the rest of the silly folk for New Years. It is 31 degrees and snowing, perfect day for a swim?? NOT for me, but I'll take the pictures.

lilybelle
01-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Happy New Years everyone,

I started my day today with a nice salad. I'm again going LowCarb. My new gym membership starts tomorrow and I can't wait to get started . My goals this year are to finish writing my book and to get in better physical shape. I want to have some muscle, not just get thinner. I also hope the new gym machines will make my butt rounder, LOL.

SunChick
01-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Can't wait to take on this new year. Lots has happened since I last posted. had a tubal ligation in November, got a motorcycle for christmas, got a "B" in both of my classes last semester but i gained back the 15 pounds that i had lost over the summer.

So....goals for 2008:
1) continue classes towards degree
2) eat healthy
3) exercise daily
4) keep a positive attitude & think thin
5) help jerry get my bike done & on the road
6) water, water, water
7) floss :-)

I'm hoping to lose 100lbs this year. I wish everyone blessings and a great 2008!!

RobinW
01-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Yesterday was a good one. Increased my walking up to 40min :cb:

Food is good, and Im keeping it below 20grams of carbs, and I finally got all my water in yesterday. I was having some issues with heartburn the first 4-5 days of induction. But Im doing good now. I think because I didnt get enough water in, that is why my headaches were so bad, and why I didnt loose as much as I usually do the first week of induction.

I am aiming to put in another 100% day! :cb:

Have a great day ladies!

beach bum
01-02-2008, 10:41 AM

Still have a some kind of infection and none of the over the counter meds are working.

W-I this morning and :carrot:I dropped 1 lb :carrot:Yipee. Have to change my ticker. I couldn't believe when I got on the scale.Hope this is the year I hit my goal,as last year wasn't a good year for my DH & I.

mothermavis-Heres to all our goals met this year. I wouldn't swim in this kind of weather,but I know that there a group of people[polar bears]that jump into the water on New Years day.

Lily-Good luck using your new member ship.I don't like going to a gym.I rather workout at home. Our com cast cable tv is proving us with an exercise channel where they have lots of shows to for working out. Going to take advantage and use them along with my tapes.

SunChick-A Motor Cycle thats a unusual gift. Do your ride????????My SIL had one but my DD made him get rid of it.Sorry about your 15 lbs,but its a New Year with new goals set,you'll get rid of it fast.

ROBIN-That a great idea to increase your exercising,I'm going to doing something like that also. You're really brave to go down that low on the carbs. I don't think I could do that again.I'm going to hang around the 50-100 per day,and see how I do.I use fit day to calculate my food intake.

Have a nice one, will post after the visit to the doctor.

RobinW
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Well, Im going to try it with magnesium and potassium supplements this time, and see if that is what the issue was. From reading I was doing, that may be what my issue was. I'll let you know in another week or so.

lynnar
01-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Hello,
I'm back like the proverbial bad penny. I've been very bad over the holidays and of course gained back every little bit I had lost and then some, but that's not a surprise. I'm ready to try again, but this time I'm going to journal everything and stop guessing about the carb intake. I'll go from here to Fitday and get that going. I'm also planning on buying some new keystiks (the ones I had were old-way past the "sell by" date). I want to be able to make sure I'm in ketosis when I start adding back carbs after two weeks on induction. I'm pretty sure I wasn't in ketosis last time and I didn't lose the weight, so... But for the next two weeks, it's induction for me! I'm looking forward to the cravings and unreasonable hunger stopping. That's the best thing about Atkins.
I go to a step aerobics class MWF, but I need to figure out some exercise for T, Th, Sat. I've been wrestling with that problem right along. I have some time constraints to consider. There are classes I could do those days, but I can't go into work late every single day and I just can't make myself go to the 5:30 classes after being at work all day. Sometimes I go do the elipitical on my lunch hour. That works all right. I have a broken tread mill at home, but if I insist on getting it fixed and then don't use it, I'll be hearing about that forever. I could walk the dogs more, but it's always cold and dark when I get home so I let DH do it. I don't even like going with him when it's cold and dark. On weekends he likes to take them on a hiking trail and set them loose, but I get so nervous I just don't enjoy it. I'm afraid 1.) we'll get caught breaking the rules 2.) the dogs won't come back 3.) the dogs will run into another hiker and bite them or have a dog fight. Sometimes I can convine DH to walk in a park with the dogs on a leash, but only sometimes. And then I feel bad for the dogs who do truly love running around in the woods.
So that's my plan for the new year. I'd love to lose 50 pounds by swimming suit season, but that's ten pounds a month so maybe that's too ambitous? I'll have to see how that goes!
Happy New Year everyone! Lynn

aud
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Hiya LC'ers!:hug: It's been a great morning catching up with everyone (AND meeting some NEW faces) over coffee!:carrot: I've been progressively sicker since the day after Christmas with some kind of bug - just totally BLAH . . . OffP and no exercise to speak of - STILL feel like warmed over CRUD but headed back to work tonight and determined to get back OP/lifestyle change for '08.

robin - you are such an inspiration - really have been inspired by your Post! We cooked a brisket NYE too (love the soup idea lily! Plus so good to cya back here!:hug:) I'll be having briskie leftovers for the rest of this week - with lots of cabbage & salads - my bod will be in total shock to actually MEET a VEGETABLE!:dizzy:

BRUTALLY cold here in MO, mmavis - CANNOT imagine jumping in any kind of water! (But did just go splash face with cold water for a wake-up/back to the grind shock & awe effect!:D

Hope we get better soon beachie!:( I'm adding some supplements (Over 50 Multi - altho' I'm 47 - no cycle anymore) and chromium - which I took last time I lost on Atkins and remember the good doc promoting. Let us know how the potas/mag goes, won't you robin?

How about ex vid, lynnar? Or some good ole abs & push ups on T/TH? Low tech & readily available.

Need to take my own advice, eh?:dizzy::o

Gonna w/i tonight at work and again Fri - b4 I change ticker.

Thinking of some specific goals/resolutions - ttyal . .

lilybelle
01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Today was Day 2 of me being 100% back on plan. I had a great workout at the gym. (too great in fact, my ribs and thighs are already sore tonite from the weight machines. I also did the elliptical, treadmill and exercise bike plus 30 min's of swimming laps in the Olympic size pool. OMG< I think I overdid it for my first visit. It sure feels good though to be back on plan with my eating and exercise both. My scale is coming down, I'm now at 149 lbs. showing a 2 lb. loss for my efforts. I can't believe I'm saying this but I was actually tired of eating junk and was ready to get my control back. Plus, my jeans dictated that my 6 lb gain would soon put me in a bigger size if I didn't get my butt back in gear.

I've gotta go wash mine and the girls swimsuits now and pack our gym bag. We're going again tomorrow after I pick them up from school. Tomorrow will be probably just treadmill and swimming for me so I can let my muscles rest a little.

beach bum
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM

Went to the doctors yesterday & I have a bacterial infection,and he give me antibiotics and Singulair tablets for one week.The pills are making me a little druggy

Going to stay home today as its 8 degree on the Cape along with heavy winds blowing.Winter is definitely here.

Robin-Didn't know that they make magnesium and potassium supplements together. I saw cal-mag combo.I'll have to go to the my health store and check this out. Potassium is good for the heart. I get them from berries & bananas.

Lynn-Welcome back,and I'm sure you'll be able to to get down to your goal.

Aud-Thanks for the well wishes,Hope this antibiotics work this time.,so I can get better and work on my low carbing again.

Lily-Big Congrats on your:carrot:2-lb:carrot: weight loss. Your doing great,with the gym also. You'll be back to your goal in no time.

Have to go, will post alter

Hugs :) Maryann

aud
01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Where's diva?

Doesn't it feel great to get back OP & hae a great work out lilyb??:carrot: Get on up to beachie's ex Thread & log that great work out girl! The thing that makes me the most sore is SWIMMING - just didn't think that was "hard" - but boy, I always feel it the next day!

Gave in to some late night munching - which kind of ticks me off - but staying with it gals!

ttyal!

lilybelle
01-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi ladies, yes it feels great to feel back in control. I really had drifted in a BIG way. It seemed so hard to get myself back in line, but I'm proud I'm here now.

I'm picking up Lacy and Shelbey from school at 3PM and we're heading back to the gym. I plan to at least do the treadmill and my swimming laps. They both like spending most of their time on the stairmasters.

DH and I ate lunch at Golden Corral. I had a hamburger pattie, brussel sprouts and cauliflower and felt totally satisfied. My carb cravings are gone now and my ravenous appetite has definitely decreased.

lynnar
01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Day Two for me. I did start a fitday log, but I haven't been back yet. It may have to wait until I get home from work and grocery shopping. I think my appetite had decreased all ready, or it never get back up to the weight watchers level. When I was doing WW I was so hungry all the time that it got to be an obsession. That's really why I'm back on Atkins instead of any of the low calorie or low fat plans. I just can't take being hungry all the time.
I went to my step class yesterday after a holiday break and today my back is killing me! I think it's just over doing crunches, not a real injury or anything. But that's how it always goes, isn't it? It's always one step backward for each two steps forward!
I'd like to try swimming like Lillybelle, but how to fit that into the schedule? How nice to be able to exercise with kids! My DD is a runner. i sometimes dream about running with her, but she's so far above my level which is: walking! Last year I was all fired up to lose enough weight to ride bikes with her, but I didn't quite reach my goal. Actually didn't lose any weight at all. We do ride bikes occasionally, but I feel like a freak on my little skinny racing bike that I've had for 30 years. I'd like to lose some of my width before I do any serious bike riding.
Aud, I did exercise videos for years when I was younger. Now even fitting that into the schedule may be challenging. I'll probably do the lunch time eliptical on Tues. and Thurs along with some good old crunches and push ups. I didn't go today because of my back, but I'll go to my step class tomorrow unless something else happens.
Take care everyone, Lynn

RobinW
01-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Evenin'

BB~ I dont have a combo supp for both, I take one of each. So far so good. This Wednesday makes 2 weeks........I'll let you know how it goes.

Today was/is a tough day. I took dd shopping, and catching myself in the mirrors is always so discouraging. Ive been trying to picture myself as I want to be, not as I am (positive thinking) But seeing myself, just makes me want to run to the marshmallows :(

We are also having company for supper tonight, pizza and wings.......Ive got my meatballs and sauce warming up, and a ceasar salad on the side. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Something Ive changed in my way of thinking......

Ive always done the reward thing.
...when I get down 10lbs, I'll do this
...when I get down 20lbs, I'll do that
........but with all the negative thinking I was doing, it wasnt working. So, Im learning to see myself as I want to be, which means.....getting my nails done now, not when I think I'll look pretty enough for them. Getting the new winter coat that is beautiful now, not when I'll look thinner in it. Living how I want to look will bring about my results. My results will be stunning!! (keep it positive) :)

Im glad I just typed all that out, Ive been thinking it all day....and now Im feeling very positive, and that pizza isnt going to be an issue!!!! :cb: :cb:

Have a great evening ladies!

Ms Spotdog
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Robin - Very inspiring! I think as women, and as moms, we do and give to everyone else and put ourselves last. Then when we do think of ourselves we always put off getting/doing things until we think we deserve it more - but you are right! We need to treat ourselves properly NOW and we are deserving NOW! And if we do that then the results should come around more easily AND we will feel good about ourselves NOW! That feeling can be contagious and those around us will treat us better also.

Can you tell I just got back from Curves and am feeling GREAT!??!!!

Kel

beach bum
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Feeling 75% better,but the meds are making me so sleepy,I nap more than I ever did,by siting on the sofa and the next min. I'm out.

Want to go grocery shopping with Leo,but he said NO WAY you staying indoors until the temps get a little warmer. So I'm stuck in the house until next week.

Aud-Wish I was feeling better to get my exercising down in the thread also.but I not ready for jumping around when not feeling well.Hopefully to be back next week.

Lily-You're an inspiration to this thread. Once I'm feeling better from this bacterial infection I will follow your path to success.

Lynn-You'll like fit day,I keep track of my calories,carbs & fats. and never knew what nutrient values were in the foods before using the web site.

Robin-Sorry for misunderstanding you. I be very interested in the results.Your correct when saying to think positive & not negative. I will have to stress on that also,as I have been the worst pessimist around,just ask my dh.He trying to pull be out and bring me into the light of optimism.

Have a nice Morning

lilybelle
01-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Robin, I also love your optimism. Positive thinking really does help.

BB, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick totally sucks.

I had a great big workout again yesterday. Tomorrow the trainer will work with me to set me up a routine. I can definitely tell that I need to alternate which muscle group I'm working on. LOL, right now I am sore all over, LOL.

I am loving the swimming laps too. Except for an older guy that shared my lane and was Very talkative and a bit creepy yesterday. I tried to be nice but I wanted to just say "leave me alone".

My lowcarb eating is 100% on track again. I'm not having cravings and I don't feel starved. Atkins truly does help me to not feel starved!

BB, I'm glad you think I'm an inspiration. I screw up just as much as anyone else does. I think my health issues help bring me back to reality. That plus I refuse to buy bigger sizes. If my clothes get tight and ill-fitting, I get my butt back in gear. I can still remember losing 90 lbs. back in 1992 and slowly gaining 87 of them back, LOL.

lynnar
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Day Three! Made it to step class, but it was hard. I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove of exercise. I've been doing the class for two years. It's not usually that hard! My goal is to raise my step. I've been there before, but then the holidays came...
My New Year's Philsophy kinda goes along with what Kel said. This is the year for me to get healthy whatever it takes. I'm afraid that means not fixing DD's dinner as much. She's always welcome to eat my LC dinners, but she wants mac and cheese and Texas Toast. She can afford the carbs-she's a runner and very skinny. She's also 15 and able to put her own Texas Toast into the oven, but I do have some guilt about not cooking for my last child. I know she'll follow her brother and sister to college in a couple of years and I'll be devastated, but.... I need to lose the weight! And this is the year I do it.
I also have to take a harder line with DH when he's bugging me to do all the social stuff that always includes food and drink. He doesn't need it either. We have to find something to do together that's healthy! We're signed up for a ballroom dancing class that starts in a week or two. It includes a social hour with wine and snacks, but I can resist those, right?
So that's where I am for 2008. I just hope it works!

RobinW
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Another step to looking how I picture myself ..... My dd and I went shopping today, and they had an awesome sale at "the shoe dept" and I bought the boots Ive always wanted to wear with Jeans :cb: :cb: :cheer: Ive been putting this off for years! No more!!

Things have been busy today, but Im keeping my eating on track.

Have a great day ladies!

lilybelle
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
lynnar, I'm right there with you. We have 2 fifteen yr. old girls. They beg for their carbs. I've just trained myself to cook it for them and not to eat it myself. It definitely proves to be a challenge at times. They are not "skinny" by no means and could benefit from eating less carbs the same as I can, but tell that to a teenager. The girls have now joined the gym with me and are loving working out, so I hope with their fast, young metabolisms that it will help them both.

My hardest time food-wise is when I pack my son's lunch late at night. It's definitely not low-carb or low-calorie or low-fat. He is very skinny and I give him what he wants to eat. I feel too guilty to make him pack it himself. He leaves next month to Iraq, so for now I'm gonna keep packing it for him and try to keep from drooling.

Robin, WTG on the boots. After reading your post , I may wear my boots out tonite. I love them but they make me about 6 feet tall, LOL.

RobinW
01-05-2008, 10:16 AM

It was a very late night last night, and a nice sleep in this morning :D

I did my cardio rather late last night, trying to keep myself busy. It seems my treadmill has a 45min limit. It starts to smell like its working too hard :( I dont like that at all....means Im going to have to purchase a new one soon. This one was such a deal, but I dont want to fork over many $$ for another. I was thinking about it last night, and a gym membership is cheaper, but I really dont like going to the gym to work out, especially if I have to go alone. Keep your fingers crossed :crossed: the treadmill, lasts at least another 2 months :crossed:

Still doing good here.....how is it going with you?

RobinW
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
A wonderfully inspiring quote I came across today, and I thought I'd share.

"Just for today I will remember that I am getting better and becoming whole. I will realize that I have more to bring to a relationship than I did yesterday. Just for today my life is beautiful, I am beautiful, and I have all I need to get through the day." Katherine Gardner

lynnar
01-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Fast Saturday Post
It seems like I'm in the middle of three or four projects, but not getting anything done! I want to go bike riding with the kids, but my son rides my bike! I would have to make him fix Dad's bike and ride it and I don't want to fight with him. He's 20 and living in his first apartment so when he's around, I don't want to fight. Lillyb- if he was on his way to Iraq I would definitely fix his lunch every night and maybe breakfast and dinner too. I can cook carbs and not eat them - I use alot of easy stuff like Lipton Noodles and Sauce for that - but I'm thinking I'd do better to use the dinner hour to go go the gym or walk the dogs or something. I should stay out of the kitchen!
I guess I'm still living with Induction Flu (or else a sinus condition). I've been tired and headachy and kind of grouchy today. I can't seem to figure out what I want to do! It's a nice day here and I really want to be outside, but can't decide what to do. Oh Well.
Just thought I'd check in and remind myself that I'm still On Plan and going in the right direction, even if I feel crummy doing it.

beach bum
01-05-2008, 03:27 PM

I'm getting better day by day,but this cabin fever is getting to me. I'm planning to bake some Revolution rolls Or Egg Bread today to keep me busy. I getting sick of egg white wraps for sandwiches. Leo also told me about A Golf Tournament that they having in Hawaii so will be watching that game.SORRY TIGER IS NOT IN THIS ONE TODAY.

Lily-That the best way to exercise is going to a gym and have a trainer that will work with you and give you your own routine. I 'm too lazy to go out to a gym. My sister & DD registered once and never went back.So I didn't want to fall in the same suit.Once I'm really better with more energy to spare I will get back to my walking & jogging tapes.Yes you always been my inspiration from the first day I came on this board 2 years ago. You proofed over & over again first by hitting your goal and than keeping it off,and when you went off a bit you went right back to getting down to your goal again.Hope I will be able to do that.

Lynn-Its hard to cook for someone else when your low carbing. I used to get angry at my DH when seeing him eat all the unhealthy food. Its Two years now since he had the cancer,and he eating healthy now. He cooks what he like and I cook the low carbing way,But hes losing weight & inches and he not on a diet. Go Figure. Good Luck with your ballroom dancing,that sound so exciting I love to try that with my DH but he doesn't like dancing.

Robin-Good for you to treat yourself to boots. You have the right Idea.I guess we all should allow ourselves things that we put off until later. Later might never come.Thanks for posting the inspiring quote.

Have to go,back to my golf game. on tv.

Have a good weekend

SunChick
01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Been online most of the day, reading low-carb websites and such. picked up the "Half Their Size" people magazine issue last night....some really inspiring stories.

Maryann - yes, i do ride. I've been on bikes my whole life. my dad had several different bikes while i was growing up and my husband had one when he was in the military when we were dating and got a new one after we got married. I took the safety course & got my license in 2006. I love it!!

lilybelle
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone,

My new gym membership is working great for me and the girls are still loving to go. My eating is right on target and I feel so much better than when I was in my carb-crazed fog throughout the holidays.

DH and I went to our Karoke club last night. It was so much fun and we danced quite a bit. A big plus to getting myself back on plan was my jeans felt looser last night (they had gotten a bit snug).

Today I had a great session with my trainer and learned some of the machines that I hadn't the foggiest on how to use. LOL. I plan to do a lot of swimming at the gym tomorrow.

Robin, here's hoping your treadmill holds out. I bought mine off a lady at DH's work that never used hers (for only $50.00). I lost all my weight basically just walking and doing low-carb. At that time, I couldn't afford a gym membership. Funny thing is today I saw the lady at my gym that I bought that treadmill off of. She has now decided to start exercising.

lynnar, my son usually wants potatoes, rice or pasta with his meals. I cook it for him. I really don't mind. Of course somedays it's easier for me to resist the carbs than other days. I just try to do my best at staying out of it. I would cook 3 meals a day for him gladly, but he doesn't ever want breakfast before work . I do make his lunch and dinner.

On Monday we have to go fill out the papers to give me Power of Attorney for my son during his deployment. This is all getting very real and very close! It is so scary.

BB, you WILL be able to do it to. You have really stuck with this new lifestyle change. You've proven that you aren't a quitter. Of course noone is perfect and we will all have our challenges and setbacks. Getting back up on that horse is the main thing. Hanging out in the Maintainers chat room has really helped me alot. Those gals there are really great and such great advice and information and a willingness to help keep the support coming. They all struggle too, just like the rest of us.

aud
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
*resurfacing*;)

Hiya All!:hug:

Been struggling with the latenights - and then had to be at work today on an off day-early a.m.-body clock = :dizzy:
Have been reading around the site and feeling my resolve coming back - robin - your positive thinking is rubbing off - did my nails tonight for the first time in MONTHS!:D

Good to cya again sunchick!:bike: My sis LOVES CURVES msspotsuperdoggie!:exercise: I'm still @ the Y . . . love it there when I go & 10 yr old Tess is :swim: thru the swimming levels.

Glad you're getting better beachie . . . The Crud is hanging on for me as well - dayung headache just keeps coming back - along with the yuks . . . I'm upping my water as of tomorrow - hoping I can flush this out of my system!:devil:

Congrats robin, lynnar & lilyB!:hat: You all sound like you're really on track - an inspiration to struggling me!

lilybelle
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I joined you all on the exercise thread. Please hold me accountable to keeping this butt a moving.

beach bum
01-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Happy to report my bacterial infection is almost gone.Of course I will finish my med until the end.

One of my friends called asking me if my DD house is contaminated with bacteria,as I always get sick when going down to visit with them.Told my sister and she say I should bring my clorox wipes with me and wash the door knobs and the faucets & fixtures in the bathroom that we share with my DGS & the maid. Thinking seriously about that.

Sunchick-I like to go from low carb web site also,to get idea what other low carber are doing.It can be very inspirational.

Lily-Dancing is great form of exercising,wish my DH doesn't like to dance.Thanks for the kinds words,One thats one thing I'm not a quitter. I'm going to win that golden ring at the end of this low carb ride.I have to bake my rev rolls as I can't go without bread of any form even on Induction. I need it, I guess as a crutch,to lean on, especially at night when we have supper.Its usually soup & salad or soup & sandwich combo.I can go with out pasta ,rice cereal but I need my bread.Once i get over this infection I will be back on the bike and doing my exercising walking tapes. This is the year. Wish me Luck as I'm going to need it.

Aud-Sorry to hear about the headaches hope they disappear fast. Great idea I should follow suit upping my drinking water also.I'm getting headaches also from the singular meds my doctor gave me. Once I'm off of them they'll probably disappear.

Have a great day

RobinW
01-06-2008, 10:58 AM

Lily~ I bought my treadmill for only $75. Walking and atkins was how I lost all my weight the first time too. Did you wear your boots dancing?? ;)

Aud~ Ya!!! on the pretty nails!! :cb: :cb: stop in at my blog, Ive started writing a bit more inspirational stuff.

BB~ :hug:

:wave: to those I missed

Can I tell you how much I love love love my new haircut!!! When I had it cut, I told her to take an inch off the layers, but leave the length, then after she was done, I had her take another inch off the layers. WOW!! It is exactly the way I pictured it. It is a long curly shag cut, and is beautiful. I colored my hair yesterday, and did it all up.....Im very pleased :D :D

Im a bit down in the dumps, but that has to do with personal issues I wont go into here. I am coming back out....this kind of thing usually makes me hit the marshmallows, and drags me down for a couple weeks. BUT, Ive been keeping up with my reading, and listening to "The Secret" has helped alot in keeping my attitude from plunging into the pit of black smelly sticky tar. Another day, and I should be alright, and back to normal.

Eating is good, exercise is good.........life is good :)

jen519
01-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi all.

The forward momentum of the new year has compelled me to come back and begin reading and posting again. I enjoy hearing the inspiring stories of others and love that people are so supportive of one another even in the hard times.

I lost around 60 pounds on Atkins a couple of years back, never reaching my goal but getting past the halfway mark. Can't begin to know what happened, but I gained back 15 pounds of it almost immediately, and have slowly been gaining since then. I stepped on the scale just after Christmas and weighed 213 pounds! It was a shocker for me, since the last time I had bothered to weigh, I was around 202 and telling myself "You're above 200lbs again...DO SOMETHING!!!"

Anyway, I kept trying to start Atkins induction, but couldn't even make it through a single day, so last week I decided to do my own modified version and was able be low-carb enough that the terrible sugar cravings are gone. I think I can probably manage to do induction and have one day under my very-tight belt already. Today I noticed the energy surge I remember feeling after 3 or 4 days of induction, so I'm excited and hopeful for the future.

Back to cleaning my distressingly messy house, now that I have energy to do so. Thanks all for being here and I look forward to journeying on with you.

aud
01-06-2008, 04:58 PM
" . . . pit of black smelly sticky tar" - OMGosh have I been there b4, robin!:hug: Not sure if I Posted it here - but on my 47th B-day/12-23 - I just stayed AND wallowed in the pit - darkdarkdark pit. Got my bearings finally (Thank Goodness that I responded to my 10 yr olds rally cry that we needed to get ready for Santa - yes she still believes!:)) . . . got myself and up and got my years of the same "style" - shoulder length curly layered mop cut & colored up to MY EARS!! :carrot:

I've felt liberated ever since . . . still having the soaking hot flashes - but just rinse with creme rinse now - waaaay less creme rinse that is!:dizzy:

My eating is still way oooofffff plan - but getting the exercise and plenty of water in as of today beachie - I'm guessing I've got sinus(???) Woke up today with ear aches in BOTH ears but is passing the longer I'm up and the more water I drink. Headache was back too.:( It's 65 degrees here in MO today - Wednesday last was hig of 20 degrees!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder everyone is sick around here, eh?:dizzy:

I need to CLOROX too . . . but first have to get some order to this messiness to jen. Unfortunately, I've been a NFL Playoff Vegetable for the most part of the last two days!!! Welcome Back BTW - we'll get thru Low Carbing '08 together, won't we gals!!!!???:carrot: I'm making the LC Egg Bread today - and getting a fridge full of tuna salad ready to fulfill my goal of MORE seafood.

ttyal!

beach bum
01-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Robin thanks for the hugs.Need pix of you new do.

Jen-Welcome:welcome2: back to Atkins and low carbing. Stay with us and you will lose weight with all this motivation and support around here.

Aud-Oh sorry about your headaches and earaches besides.That must be very painful. Sending some [[[[[healing vibes]]]your way.

Got to go start making supper,have a nice evening and hope to see you guys tomorrow