Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds--January 2008 Daily Check-in

Pages : [1] 2

Michele L
01-01-2008, 10:37 AM
It's a New Year and it's time to start working on a FABULOUS new YOU! If you like to walk with Leslie Sansone, come chat with us here! If you're new to walking, feel free to ask us questions!

WALK, WALK, WALK!!

sxulcmnky
01-01-2008, 12:15 PM
already did 3 miles this morning :D

cathyxxx
01-01-2008, 03:41 PM
:cheer: I did the 4 mile super challenge this morning :cheer: happy new year to me ;-)

happy new year walking buddies!
hugs,
Cathy

Michele L
01-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Walk Slim: 4 FAST Miles for me today!

Michele L
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I added in 3.32 treadmill miles this afternoon!

Daimere
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
I did 2 mile tonight. It's the first time I've actually exercised other than my 5 k race in a month. I'm hoping to be back at my 3 mile and up as soon as possible.

tomandkara
01-02-2008, 01:41 AM
I walked the one mile yesterday and had a blast! I love how she has "regular" people on the DVD instead of just fitness models. How cute is Leslie?!

Kara

Michele L
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
3 FAST Miles for me this morning! Then it was off to the showers so I could take DD to test for her driver's permit. Unfortunately, when we got there, we found out that they are closed on Wed:( DD was so disappointed! Now I'll have to find the time to take her one afternoon after work before they close at 4:30!

sxulcmnky
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
michelle- how long have you been on your plan? i see we started at the same weight... i'm so jealous... i can't wait until i'm in ONEDERLAND!

mj5
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
I just 'found' Leslie's dvd's recently. I received one as a gift--the 3 fast mile--and I LOVE it! I even got up early this am and did 1 mile before work!! I have been telling everyone how easy it is to follow, but what a great work out you get. Can't wait to get home and do more later!

bradleys mom
01-02-2008, 04:26 PM
OMG! I am so excited to find this forum!!! I am on La Weight Loss and I got Lesley's walking of the Pounds, 1, 2, and 3 miles walks with the water weights in November. I love working out with her! I would love to join this forum please!

I am addicted to QVC and yesterday their Today's Special Value was the Walk Slim set that included 5 DVD's with a total of 14 miles. It also included the resistance band. I had to order it. I have only done 1 mi./15min today as my 2 year old didn't want t permit me to continue, but I plan on squeezing in 2 more mi./30 minutes when DH gets home! WOW I am so excited!

Michele L
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Sally, It's sad, but I've been working at this since the last week of December, 2005! I hit "Onederland" on December 5, 2006. The lowest I got in 2007 was 191, but I gained everything back between October and now. Fortunately, I stayed below 200 (but not by much)! Seeing that number so close has helped give me the motivation to workout more consistently. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when I return to work (I'm a teacher).

MJ: Glad you're so excited about Leslie's workouts! I did 3 Fast Miles this morning and it is DEFINITELY one of my favorites!

Kimberly: You got a DEAL with that Walk Slim set! I bought mine in pieces over the last few months and definitely paid more! It is an AWESOME set with so much variety! You're gonna LOVE it! Keep us posted!

Daimere
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I did 2mile again. Yay. I can feel myself getting stronger again.

Shy Moment
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Daimere
Nice going. Makes the body feel good to be up and moving.

I am back to the routine ( hope this darn knee doesn't start acting up again ) of a 1 mile video in the morning and then a 2 mile video in the evening. Every other night resistance training. I feel so good. My body just loves to walk away the lbs :) I have tons of her videos and I love them all. Lungs aren't cooperating so as of this time I can't do over 2 to 2.5 miles at a time but what the heck. I am healthier and more fit than I have been in years.

luckyducky
01-02-2008, 07:57 PM
walked the evening mile this morning, gonna do it again tonight...

Daimere
01-02-2008, 08:18 PM
PS. I totally kicked the tv when I did my 2 mile. Lol

Grumbleworts
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I did the 2 mile this evening... :)

ksk571
01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Hello ladies and welcome to all of the newbies!!

I haven't done WATP for several days. I did go to my Zumba class tonight. I am not going to be able to do WATP tomorrow morning like I planned because my pipes froze while I was at work today. I let them drip during the nights when it's going to be really cold, but didn't think to let them drip during the day. UGH! I was able to shower at a friend's tonight after Zumba, but won't be able to shower in the morning. Hopefully, my pipes will thaw tomorrow so I can exercise tomorrow evening. Have a good evening and way to go to everyone for being so active the past few days!

ksk571
01-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh, and I noticed that QVC still had that set on waiting list, so I ordered it. I hope it comes in! Thanks Kimberly!!

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 01:36 AM
ksk
Bet we get the videos about the same time lol. Sorry to hear about your pipes. Was one of the advantages of being married to a plumber, I never had to worry about that kind of stuff lol.

Grumble
Keep that body moving. Helps us feel good and keeps us out of trouble lol.

Dai
Do not kick the tv.

Lucky
One gets so use to doing the videos we don't feel like our day is complete until we have done a mile or two.

I feel great and proud of myself. Got both my videos in today and did my resistance training. The knees aren't to bad, the hip isn't bothering me to much and the movement and stretching made me feel good.

Nori71
01-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Oh, and I noticed that QVC still had that set on waiting list, so I ordered it. I hope it comes in! Thanks Kimberly!!I actually also ordered this set today on waitlist. It looks like a great set and I hope we get it!! I usually go to the gym to workout, but my girls are sick and cannot go to the child care room...probably for a few more days. I did the 3 mile walk today and realized how much I really enjoyed it, so ran to QVC to see what was left.:(

tomandkara
01-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Luckyducky, you're funny! Evening mile in the morning...

Great job everyone on getting the miles in! I did a two miler this morning. So fun!

Kara

cathyxxx
01-03-2008, 07:25 AM
good morning gang :wave:

i just did 2 miles now i gotta get ready for work.

everybody have a great day!

Michele L
01-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Good morning! I just finished the 3 Mile Advanced Walk with the stretchie! It's the first time in MONTHS that I've worked out before work! Have to figure out a new routine!

Have a great day!

Michele :wave:

sxulcmnky
01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
michele - working out before work is something i will NEVER do so long as i have to be at work at 630 :D as for working on it for that long... i've been yoyoing for YEARS! so ya... i feel you

i did the 2 mile last night. i need to start wearing shoes when i do the walks... my ankles are starting to hurt

mj5
01-03-2008, 10:55 AM
For the past 2 months I have been waking up way too early, so I figured I might as well do something as long as I am awake...it isn't early enough for me to go to the gym, so I started w/ a yoga dvd. I like doing that, but now that I started doing the 'walk' I like that better for morning and will do yoga at night, after the gym.

This morning I had time for the 2 mile. Wow...I was sweating up a storm! I feel GREAT!!!!! I have SO much energy this morning!

I found the 5 mile on e-bay, so now I have something to work toward!!!!

Have a great day!

cbmare
01-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I didn't work out yesterday morning. The back room was just too cold. Should have know it would be. The heater started kicking on at 3AM just to keep the house at 60. I had hoped to sneak out of work early and get one in before dinner. Nope! Didn't happen.

Because of the heavy cloud cover, the room was nice this morning. I dug out the older Fat Burning video. It's a 2 miler with weights. That's a nice 30 minute workout every now and then.

I wish some of us lived closer together so we could get together and do the workouts we don't have.

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Grr had a huge post and poof it was gone. Just want to let everyone know you are doing great. Rather we only do walking/aerobic videos and maybe some resistance training at home or we add the videos to our gym workouts we are doing something wonderful for our body's.

lots2go
01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
i've only done my video once :( the night that i bought it lol....i'm doing it tonight though, i've done some sit ups and push ups though, and i'm sore from those....i'll break out the video tonight :)

ETA: As soon as I got up from the computer, I did the 2 mile, and wow :carrot:

Daimere
01-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I did the two mile followed with yoga. I didn't plan on doing it but then I binged at work. I felt I had to make up for it. I've been muting her and playing my own music. I must have chose the right pack of music cause I was feeling fantastic and smiling strong throughout. *saved that as a playlist*

And I didn't kick the TV today. I hope tomorrow I will feel strong enough to do a 3 mile or something.

Grumbleworts
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM
lots2go - you're like me...reading this is motivational if I haven't done it yet!

As for me...did the 2 mile and broke out the old Windsor pilates DVD and did the 20 min workout...ouch!

sxulcmnky
01-03-2008, 10:31 PM
just did the 2 mile express followed by the 1 mile express

oh and i cleaned out my closet... 2 trash bags full of stuff to donate and 4 of random trash.... man do i have a lot of laundry to do now :D

i was *this* close to throwing out my size 18 jeans that no longer fit me (THANK GOD)... but then i thought... those are the largest pants i have.... i will put them on when i get smaller and be like YAY! so i kept them... when i reach my goal, i will give them away.... but until then... the will stay on the top shelf in my closet

lots2go
01-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I thought the same thing, so I kept my 18's too...now i'm in a 12!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
i see that we started right about the same place, good luck! i know you can do it!!
just did the 2 mile express followed by the 1 mile express

oh and i cleaned out my closet... 2 trash bags full of stuff to donate and 4 of random trash.... man do i have a lot of laundry to do now :D

i was *this* close to throwing out my size 18 jeans that no longer fit me (THANK GOD)... but then i thought... those are the largest pants i have.... i will put them on when i get smaller and be like YAY! so i kept them... when i reach my goal, i will give them away.... but until then... the will stay on the top shelf in my closet

sxulcmnky
01-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks! when did you start??

i started out at 223... i'm *this* close to being in onederland... i can't wait :D

Shy Moment
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
lots
Nice going. Made you feel good didn't it. It isn't just that it is good for the boy, it isn't just that we need to get moving. What it does for our self esteem is wonderful. We commit to doing something and we do it. Shows us we are strong.

Dai
Wonderful. See, makes you feel good to get up and moving. If I am doing one of Leslie's videos I have done many time. I watch tv on the computer at the same time as I do the workout. Half screen for each video lol.

Grumble
You are doing great. Keep it up. I didn't do much today. 1 mile video in the morning and 2 mile in the evening. Tomorrow I have to add a section of Resistance band training.

sxul
As usual you are doing wonderful. Isn't it great to clean out that closet. Get rid of stuff we no longer can wear and are NEVER going to wear again. I kept one pair of 18's I want them for my after pic lol. I am pretty lucky I had the same pants, ( kind with a little stretch in them ) same brand just different sizes. Sizes 18, 16 and 14s. Now am into the 14s. Will wear these darn things until they fall off me lol. My next step is my size 12 Levi's.

Forgot to update my ticker yesterday :( going to do that now lol.

tomandkara
01-04-2008, 02:53 AM
I did the three mile workout on my new DVD this morning - Super Fat Burn or something like that. That Leslie cracks me up!

Kara

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Kara
You have to love Leslie. I think she is great. She is perky and funny. I love to be around people like her. You make me laugh, you are a friend for life.

mj5
01-04-2008, 06:50 AM
I did the 3 mile this morning and I feel great!

Yesterday morning I did the 2 mile and I had SO much energy all day long, hope the same happens today!

Michele L
01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Learned a lesson from yesterday and only did 2 miles this morning! I chose Walk Away Your Stress and it felt GREAT! Off to the showers and then work! Yay, it's FRIDAY!!

ksk571
01-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Hello ladies! Well after a too long hiatus, I did the Walk & Kick (30 min) workout this morning. It's one I got from netflix. I really like it. I need to see if I can find it so that I can get some new movies!

I went to WalMart yesterday after the second job. At the first of the year, they always have a exercise dvd section at the front of the store with dvd's for about $10. They had several WATP's this year so I picked up the Walk Diet which has a 1 mile and a 2 mile and the 5 mile advanced that is broken down into five 1 mile sections that you can do several combinations of. I'm excited about that one. It came with a band. There was another one I was considering but I think it is in the package I have on waitlist from QVC.

Lots - I had a rough time starting as well. Just do what you can and work up from there. It's great that you've been able to do some other things in the meantime.

Sxul - I think I can speak for all of us what we are anxiously awaiting your arriving at onederland! I can't wait to celebrate with you!

Dai - I would love to pull out the ipod instead of just listening to the music on the dvd. I need to figure out how to find songs that will fit in the rhythm of the workout. I've thought about doing the workout dvd on the computer while the tv's on like Shy does but I haven't given it a try yet.

Kara - I think you and I had the same workout set to start off with. It had the 3 different workouts and included weights. It was a good one to start off with so that you can choose how long of a workout you would like to do. It's an older one, and I always laugh when she talks about Jody's baby who is now in grade school!

mj - I just recently started out exercising in the mornings too. I usually am awake way before I get out of bed. It feels good to get something accomplished before I ever get to work!

Hello to all of the other ladies as well! Hope you all have a great day! Keep walking!!

lots2go
01-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks! when did you start??

i started out at 223... i'm *this* close to being in onederland... i can't wait :D

i started at 208 on Aug. 13....Onederland is a great place to be!!!!:D

cbmare
01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Good morning! I got up this morning and knew the back room would not be cold. It is raining, so the cloud cover helps. I did the older 4 mile 30 minute Fat Burner workout. I can't jog because of my knees, but she has Mary Kay doing the high intensity portion at the walk level. Leslie and the rest of her teachers from her center do the high impact. In fact, I've started to incorporate some of what Mary Kay does in my other workouts to keep the intensity up.

I was at WalMart yesterday and didn't even think to look at the front of the store. I usually park a ways away and enter through the garden center. I won't be going back today because we are expecting to be slammed with some storms during the lunch hour. They are predicting hurricane force winds, so I don't think I need the additional workout of trying to hold myself upright in a parking lot that will have flying debris.

Congrats to you all! I have been stalled since before Christmas. However, I tend to go in cycles where I won't lose an ounce for weeks then 1 or 2 pounds will fall off for a while. I couldn't understand it at first, but I've grown to accept it. This is so much harder in old age.

As for cleaning out that closet, isn't it wonderful? I posted something about that a few weeks ago in the Support section. I reclaimed 22 hangers!

Daimere
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Another smiley 2 mile. I don't know what it is but it's weird. Maybe I recaught the spirit I had when I first started

sxulcmnky
01-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Kara
You have to love Leslie. I think she is great. She is perky and funny. I love to be around people like her. You make me laugh, you are a friend for life.

i like when she says "walka walka walka"... it reminds me of gonzo

thanks shy... and yay for updating tickers

i did the 2 mile express this morning.

deedee10
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi ladies, I'm at the 3 mile walk working hard to get to the 5-mile. Does anyone know approx. how many calories are burned doing the 3 mile workout?

ksk571
01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi DeeDee - I found a calculator that takes how many miles you walked, your weight and the speed you walked at and estimates how many calories you burned. Since Leslie's miles are about 4 mph, it states that someone at your weight would burn approx 256 calories for a 3 mile walk. I found this on About.com on the Walking Calories Calculator. Hope that helps.

deedee10
01-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Cool, that's a lot of calories and even more incentive to up my workout to the 5-mile. I'm going to check out that website. Thank you so much for your help.

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
dee
Depending on where you look amounts can change for how much is burnt. Nice going on the 3 miles. I bet you get to 5 miles before you know it. Keep walking :)

ksk
That is a very nice site. All kinds of information on it. Thanks

sxul
I love when she gets the body parts wrong or says just kidding keep going lol. Thanks, updating my ticker is great fun for me. Nice going on the walking. Got my one mile in today before I started cleaning house. Will do a 2 mile later on and then my resistance training. I better look good for summer. Hey I have lost 40 lbs and still more to lose before summer. I sure have to look better than I did last summer lol.

sxulcmnky
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
sxul
I love when she gets the body parts wrong or says just kidding keep going lol. Thanks, updating my ticker is great fun for me. Nice going on the walking. Got my one mile in today before I started cleaning house. Will do a 2 mile later on and then my resistance training. I better look good for summer. Hey I have lost 40 lbs and still more to lose before summer. I sure have to look better than I did last summer lol.

exactly! i will have a bikini body by summer time... luckily we go to the beach in august... so i have most of the summer months to work on getting there :D

deedee10
01-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks ShyMoment - just glad it burns at least 100 calories but right now I'm having a hard time eating enough calories for the day. I've been eating really good - 3 meals and 2 snacks and am really full after each meal. I'm going to have to eat more which I can't believe I'm even typing the words. I'll meet you guys at the beach. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to have a killer bod!

Shy Moment
01-04-2008, 09:37 PM
dee
I have the same problem. Getting enough in. I have found it helps to break each meal into two. Sure I have to eat 6 times a day plus a snack but I eat all thru the day. I am never hungry and I am not trying to stuff myself full of food at one time to get it all eaten.

sxul
I won't have a killer body this summer for the beach but I am going to wear a bathing suit that doesn't have a skirt for it or a scarf to cover up the bottom.

Grumbleworts
01-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Did the same as yesterday....2 mile and 20 min pilates workout. I am going to Walmart tomorrow to see if they have any other Leslie DVDs since its January. :) I love the two mile, but I can see myself getting bored and/or in a rut if I do the same one everyday.

And thanks ladies for all the encouragement!

Daimere
01-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I did 2 mile walk slim. Amazingly after taking a month off, it wasn't as hard as it was when I first tried it on Thanksgiving.

Shy Moment
01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Dai
That is great. Shows you are in better shape.

Grumble
Good idea, if you think you will get bored you should get different ones. Not something you want to stop doing because you are bored with it. Nice going on the walking you are doing.

Daimere
01-05-2008, 12:32 AM
It's weird to see that if you add my miles, I've walked 4 miles. I I think I'm going to try my 4 mile on Sunday. I haven't tried it since I bought it. I was thinking earlier, pfft I can't do that. But I think I can do it now. O.O

And my thighs are starting to hurt. I think it's a mixture of doing alot of exercise when I haven't been doing it and the fact that I played with the kids at work.

lots2go
01-05-2008, 01:16 AM
i did the 2 mile again, i didnt get my sit ups and push ups in though...tomorrow hopefully...you gals are doing great! i saw some of her videos at wal mart today, hopefully they'll have them out again next week when i can get another :) WOO HOO go girls!!!

ksk571
01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Hello ladies!

I did the WalkDiet 2 miles yesterday evening. It was a good workout, but wasn't my favorite. There seemed to be something off with the timing and it seemed a little disorganized. Has anyone else noticed that? There was one point where she was saying to get ready to do kick backs and the showed a few seconds of them already doing it and then they went back to show where they started doing them. And they kept showing them on the wrong foot and then a few frames later it was correct again. It was weird.

I woke up this morning and did the Walk & Kick. I really like that one. I did a kick aerobics class many years ago and lost quite a bit of weight. It reminds me of that class which I liked.

Like several of you ladies, I have a beach vacation coming up. My sister is having a destination wedding in Florida the first week of June. I know I won't make it to my final goal by then, but I want to get as close as I can. We are renting a house on the beach, and I can't wait!! I have pictures of the house all over (on the frig, etc) to encourage me to be active and eat healthy.

Take care and have a great weekend everyone!!

cbmare
01-05-2008, 02:03 PM
I did the 30 minute abs workout this morning. I don't think I'll do that one again for a bit. I have a headache and I had to grab a piece of toast because I'm queazy.

I, too, am in a quandry. My DD is having a destination wedding in Feb. We are going on a Disney Cruise. There will be a gazillion kids that I will probably not like.

I don't know if I'll be wearing a swimsuit. The one I bought a few years ago looks ridiculous on me now. The legs of the suit just hang on me. Besides, it's a fat girl ugly suit. I don't know if I want to invest in another one just yet.

mj5
01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Yesterday my 5 mile walk came in the mail. I can't wait to check it out! I know I will have to work up to the full 5, but that's ok!!! I also have the ab workout on it's way--it's the only area I don't feel I am working between these workouts and the gym, so we'll see....

I haven't done anything, yet, today, but I will later. I am shooting for 3 miles, but will be happy w/ 2.

My hubby was just asked to be in a wedding in July at a fancy country club, so now I have even more incentive to get/keep moving!!! I want to buy a really nice dress--since it will be hot, maybe even one w/ super short sleeves. I have NEVER been happy w/ my arms, so I need to really focus on my arms now!

cathyxxx
01-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I cleaned house for 5 hours today
that'll be my exercise for the day. i'm pooped ;)
hope everybody has a great weekend

Cheree
01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I did the 30 minute abs workout this morning. I don't think I'll do that one again for a bit. I have a headache and I had to grab a piece of toast because I'm queazy.

I, too, am in a quandry. My DD is having a destination wedding in Feb. We are going on a Disney Cruise. There will be a gazillion kids that I will probably not like.

I don't know if I'll be wearing a swimsuit. The one I bought a few years ago looks ridiculous on me now. The legs of the suit just hang on me. Besides, it's a fat girl ugly suit. I don't know if I want to invest in another one just yet.

I bet you could find a swimsuit that would look great on you! Let me know if you want to go shopping for one together!! You're doing great and looking so great!! :carrot: The Disney Cruise sounds fun (except for the excess # of children...I love children, but I'm not sure I could handle an excess amount all at one time!!! :dizzy:).

I'm back to doing the WATP tapes, did the 2 Mile WATP (the one using weights). It's my favorite!!! :carrot:

Michele L
01-05-2008, 07:51 PM
5 Mile Advanced Walk with all the boosters for me today!

Grumbleworts
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Did the 2 mile and ordered the 3&4 with band today! I had to leave off the pilates, cause even though I'm not *too* sore, I don't want to push it and hurt something!

cathyxxx - :yikes:cleaning for 5 hours?!? You ARE amazing! :D

Daimere
01-05-2008, 11:58 PM
1 mile done

sxulcmnky
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
omg i am so sore today.... i haven't been sore in ages... don't know what changed. i mean i only did a 2 mile yesterday.... guess working out for 17 days straight finally caught up with me. i'm taking today off from walking (i did some stretching to try to make my leg muscles hurt less) and will go again tomorrow :D

on a positive note... it's my inner thighs and right under my butt that hurts.... so at least it's targets to my problem areas lol

Shy Moment
01-06-2008, 11:30 AM
sxul
Sorry to hear you are sore. I know the feeling. After months of walking away the lbs my knees are telling me knock it off lol. I of course won't listen but I am going to take it a bit easier on the resistance training. I do know more of a cool down, more stretching really helps. I have to do at least twice as much cool down as is done at the ends of the videos or my knees and legs hurt.

Dai
Nice going. If we could add all the 1 miles we do. We would be able to walk around the world :)

Grumble
I know what you mean. I have cut back on how much resistance training I am doing. I think I was pushing it to much to fast. Not sure if I want to do half as much each day and spread it out every day instead of every other day or just cut down half as much all together.

Michele
Nice going. Wow you are doing great.

Cher
I like that one too. Have fun walking away those lbs.

cathy
Oh come on lol. You can still get a video in.

mj
Can't wait to get mine. The abs and floppy arms are something I can't seem to work enough on no matter how much I am doing. Have to wonder if I am not pushing myself to hard and expecting to much to fast. I too will have to work up to more miles but it is nice to mix the miles up.

cb
You buy a new suit and enjoy the weight loss you have accomplished. We have to love who we are no matter the size. You have taken off a bit of weight. I bet you are looking great.

sxulcmnky
01-06-2008, 02:59 PM
just did the 3 mile fat burning one.... felt great! i didn't do the weights

KCWMU
01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Ladies (and gents if there are any gents doing WATP). I have a question for everyone who does WATP regularly. Do you see continued results with doing JUST WATP, or do you do other things as well. I have the 3 pound walk, and I've been doing it quite a bit lately, but I'm afraid if I keep doing the same thing then I won't have any results. I am getting the 1 mile and the 2 mile to do those before work in the morning, but I'm curious as to whether or not I should throw a hip hop abs or a turbo jam video in there as well (can you tell that WATP is my favorite?!) What do you think?

ksk571
01-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Hello all!
I did the Walk & Kick (30 minutes) this morning. I really like that one. After being in the teens and 20's the past week, it was 70 degrees here today so I took my dogs out walking at a nearby Wilderness Park. We walked for about 65 minutes (of course a lot of that was sniffing and peeing - not me of course! ;))

KCWMU - I have heard that your body can get used to an exercise. I also do Zumba (an latin based aerobics class) twice a week. I tend to get bored if I do the exact same thing all of the time. I have been collecting several different WATP videos and they all seem to be slightly different. She's good with giving some variety. I think it's important to do something you enjoy. I am just re-starting the exercise journey so I haven't added strength training yet. I'm trying to be consistent with WATP first and I do plan to add in some additional types of exercises. I know some of the other regulars on this thread do some other workouts as well. I'm anxious to hear what everyone does.

Michelle - great job on the 5 miles. I hope to get there with you soon!

Cathy - my house could use 5 hours of cleaning. I just do a little at a time (and that's not nearly enough!!)

mj - it's nice to have a goal event. My sister's wedding/vacation has been quite the motivator for me on those days that I don't really feel like getting started. Of couse, once I start it feels really good.

sxul - I've been having soreness too. I have problems with my hip and I noticed a couple of days ago was the first time I had problems with it while doing WATP. I hope your day off will help the soreness.

Michele L
01-06-2008, 07:08 PM
After making 2 big pots of soup (bean with ham for hubby and the kids, tortilla for me), I finally got my workout in! I chose the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk. Mary Kay's mile is a DOOZY! I used the 2 pound soft weights for part of it as well. I just checked my pedometer and I'm about 1200 steps shy of 10000, so I'll be hopping on the treadmill for at least a mile here in a bit. I have made a commitment to myself to get 10000 steps a day. I do quite well during the week, but often fall short on the weekend, so I'm really TRYING to improve in that area.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Grumbleworts
01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
2 mile WATP and 20 min pilates tape. Geez pilates is hard after taking a day off!

Michelle L... I am so impressed! I have a pedometer, but I haven't used it in ages...you make me want to pull it out and try again! (I always seems to knock them off my waistband and break them)

KCWMU- I don't know if its WATP, but when I did my measurements this morning for the month, I was down on my thighs 1"! I've only been doing it for about 2 weeks, but it seems to have helped! That being said, I just ordered two more tapes with different miles on them because i get bored if I do the same thing for too long. :) The only other thing I'm doing is pilates, because i don't feel like WATP is doing much for my abs. Those effects haven't been seen yet, cause I haven't done it long. Just my 4 cents. :)

sxulcmnky
01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Hello all!
I did the Walk & Kick (30 minutes) this morning. I really like that one. After being in the teens and 20's the past week, it was 70 degrees here today so I took my dogs out walking at a nearby Wilderness Park. We walked for about 65 minutes (of course a lot of that was sniffing and peeing - not me of course! ;))

KCWMU - I have heard that your body can get used to an exercise. I also do Zumba (an latin based aerobics class) twice a week. I tend to get bored if I do the exact same thing all of the time. I have been collecting several different WATP videos and they all seem to be slightly different. She's good with giving some variety. I think it's important to do something you enjoy. I am just re-starting the exercise journey so I haven't added strength training yet. I'm trying to be consistent with WATP first and I do plan to add in some additional types of exercises. I know some of the other regulars on this thread do some other workouts as well. I'm anxious to hear what everyone does.

Michelle - great job on the 5 miles. I hope to get there with you soon!

Cathy - my house could use 5 hours of cleaning. I just do a little at a time (and that's not nearly enough!!)

mj - it's nice to have a goal event. My sister's wedding/vacation has been quite the motivator for me on those days that I don't really feel like getting started. Of couse, once I start it feels really good.

sxul - I've been having soreness too. I have problems with my hip and I noticed a couple of days ago was the first time I had problems with it while doing WATP. I hope your day off will help the soreness.

it definitely helped!

cbmare
01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I just finished the 2 Mile Walk Jog. I put it off til the end of the day because I needed to get some energy back after tearing my stove apart and doing a deep clean on it, took the hood apart and degreased that as well as polished the stainless steel on the hood and stove and helped to put all the Christmas back into the top of the garage.

It's been so exciting! I think I'm going to wash my hair!

Cher, I'm not sure where I could even find a suit this time of year. I may wait til we are in a port of call and pick one up. But thanks. After you get back from your trip and we don't have stormy weather, we'll drag the guys out and go wine tasting in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

I alternate my workouts. I feel your body gets used to the same movements. That's why I will do a 2 miler then maybe a 4 or 5 then back down to a 3. I may have to go down to the 1 now that boobalah wants to start back working out.

Michele L
01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I added 20 minutes (1.05 miles) on the treadmill after playing a game with kids and giving my tummy a rest after supper! Now my pedometer reads almost 12000! I'm HAPPY! :carrot:

mj5
01-07-2008, 07:55 AM
I ended up giving myself the weekend off from walking...I have a bad knee and it was acting up. I did do some stretching and some gentle yoga, so not a total slug, but after some rest and lots of ice it feels better today. SO back to business!!! After work to the gym for arms/shoulders w/ weights then I will do at least the 2 mile walk when I get home.

Have a great day!

sxulcmnky
01-07-2008, 08:17 AM
i did another 2 miles when i got home last night from my parents house

Michele L
01-07-2008, 08:47 AM
2 mile Walk Diet this morning! It's not as challenging as many of the workouts, but it's good when you're a bit short on time!

cbmare
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
No workout for me today. I did something to my knee during the Walk Jog yesterday. I think I'd better give it a day off. :cry:

sxulcmnky
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
No workout for me today. I did something to my knee during the Walk Jog yesterday. I think I'd better give it a day off. :cry:

good :D listen to your body :D

i think i am going to *try* the firm burn and scuplt tonight after work... i will of COURSE do my 2 mile at least... if i can't seem to get through the firm, then i will do a 3 mile walk

Daimere
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
1 mile earlier today and I walked home. ^_^

lots2go
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
i didn't do my watp video this weekend at all, but we did yard work (raking leaves and bagging) for 5 hours Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Then I did 2 more hours today, I'm classifying that as exercise lol~

veronica65
01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I bought the 5 mile WATP, IT ALSO HAS 2 OR 3 OF THE 3 MILE TOo.
I did the 5 mile advanced, but it seems to go so quick. I still love the 3 mile super fat burner the best. but each of us has favorites I guess. lol
As long as were up and moving!!!! I love the WATP dvd's . I tell all my friends abt how awesome they are. I've lost 8' off my pot belly. lol and 6 in off my hips so far since aug 07

sxulcmnky
01-07-2008, 08:46 PM
i did the 2 mile something or other tonight

plus laundry... living on the 3rd floor with no elevators = 4 trips up and down the stairs..... 3 flights... crazy...

ps: it really sucks to grocery shop when you live on the 3rd floor with no elevator

Grumbleworts
01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
cbmare - hope you're feeling better!

I did the 2 mile tape, and skipped pilates. I start my final (wheeee!) full semester of grad classes next week and I won't have time for pilates on Mon&Wed, so we're getting that routine started now. But I WILL do WATP every day!

Shy Moment
01-07-2008, 10:54 PM
sxul
Oh that is terrible, 3 flights of stairs. Wow what great exercise. Heck you don't need as much exercise as the rest of us just because of your stairs. :) I complain when I have to go up and down the basement stairs 10 or 12 times when I do laundry. Think I will keep my stairs and you can keep yours lol. I don't have the firm burn yet. Will look for that one.

Veronica
Nice going on how much you walk. I did 2 miles of the fast burn tonight. It was pretty nice but I like the ones better that use the belt or cords.

lots2
That is definitely exercise and very good for you. Walking, bending, stretching. Nice work out. It is going to be 60 out tomorrow so I have decided I am going to take the wheel barrel and clean up the yard. Will be nice when spring hits to not have so much to do. We are looking to get me a lawn mower so I can walk mow the lawn instead of sitting on the riding lawn mower. My old walk one stopped working, have no idea why. It is only about 1000 years old lol.

Dai
Very nice. Hope you have nice scenery for the walk home.

cb
That is a very good idea. I did something to my hip and knee a couple of weeks ago. I kept pushing it. Got where I was having a real hard time just walking and not being in pain. I had this weekend off no walking/aerobic tapes and my knee and hip feel tons better. Still think I will take it easy, will still do my videos but not push it to much.

Michele
Never heard of the walk diet one.

mj5
I am finding I need to take better care of these knees of mine too. Had problems from time to time. The one likes to go out but not pain like I have had a few times. Think the walking is really beating them up. I changed my routine around a bit and don't do the walking/aerobic videos on the weekends. I already do enough walking with 3 hours shopping and a dozen trips up and down the basement stairs to do laundry. You might want to reevaluate your exercise and maybe change things around. It did take about 4 months of doing 3 miles a day, every day, before the videos got to my knees.

ksk
Nice going. Keep walking and moving. It is great for the body.

mj5
01-08-2008, 07:01 AM
I didn't make it to the gym yesterday...ended up working way too late. I did do a 2 mile walk when I got home, though. I added 3lb hand weights for some exra oomph!

Today I WILL get to the gym. I will NOT fall back into old, bad habits of working late and skipping the gym!

I also need to make sure I ice my knee after I exercise--something I haven't been doing consistently.

Have a great day everyone!

ksk571
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
30 minute weight loss walk this morning!

Michele L
01-08-2008, 10:25 AM
We had a 2 hour delay due to FOG this morning, but I didn't workout. I had a ZILLION papers to grade and progress reports are due this morning! I got mostly caught up, so I will do a workout this afternoon or evening.

cbmare
01-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Nothing again today. My knee is still mad at me, so I'll baby it for another day.

I think I'd consider buying an apartment sized washer and dryer! I had one for many many years. Believe it or not, I took the money I'd put into the machines in the laundry room and I had my monthly payment on it plus some. I paid it off in no time!

Daimere
01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
3 fast miles...I couldn't find the 3 mile weight loss walk. :( I am looking forward to that and I open it to see Charlotte's Web. lol

sxulcmnky
01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
shy- i didn't get around to doing the FIRM last night lol... but i am going to try again to do it today... i just got wrapped up in laundry and cleaning last night... i am going to do 2 more loads tonight (they are just 2 blankets, but the apartment sized washers means i have to pay for 2 loads, 1 for each blanket)

so tonight's plan is to do 3 mile walk then try the firm again... maybe i will watch it tonight to see the moves, then try it tomorrow... who knows

mj5
01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
This morning I did the 1 mile walk and went to the gym after work (arms/shoulder workout)! Phew, I know I'll sleep good tonight!!!!

Tomorrow I plan on doing at least 1 mile and to the gym for legs/back and cardio.

Have a great night!

Shy Moment
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
mj5
Good idea. I try to make sure I have a cool shower and then a warm shower and then a cool shower after my nightly workout. Sure seems to help the body.

ksk
I like that one.

cb
Bet you did. I have always had a washer and dryer. Don't know what I would do without them. I go to the laundry in the spring and the fall and wash blankets. Nice to be able to do them all at once but my gosh does it cost a lot of money.

Dai
I still can't do 3 miles. Got 2 1/2 in but that was as far as the lung would go. You enjoy those 3 miles for me :)

sxul
That is something I do. I watch the video all the way thru. Nice to see what is going to be done differently than is in other videos. Also lets me know what equipment I need to have ready.

Everyone is doing so well keeping the body going. When you think you don't have time. Decide do I have time for a bit of exercise or do I have time to put up with a body that isn't in shape :)

Daimere
01-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I am hoping to do a 4 mile tomorrow.

Grumbleworts
01-08-2008, 10:27 PM
2 Mile video and 20 min pilates workout.

lots2go
01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I did the power mile tonight...i didnt even feel like i'd done anything though, but, i'm so stinkin tired, we had storms last night and i couldnt sleep, plus w/ all the yard/house work i've done over the weekend, it would be nice to get to bed early.....*yeah right* sigh...

mj5
01-09-2008, 07:13 AM
I did 1 fast mile this morning. It felt great to get moving!

cathyxxx
01-09-2008, 08:02 AM

I just did the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline with the walk belt. :carrot:

I think someone here had mentioned that it was at Walmart, and I looked and found the whole set (the dvd and the belt) for less than $13. I thought that was a really good deal. I wasn't sure I would like the belt strapped around my waist, but I really like it!

ok it's off to the shower so I can get to work.

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy

sxulcmnky
01-09-2008, 08:08 AM
shy- all you need for it is 3 different weights.... 1 set of each : light, med, heavy

jestock2
01-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

Im new here. I also use WATP. I havent been working out for the past month. After finding your group and reading the posts, I did the 2 Mile Super Fat Burning Workout this morning. Thanks for the motivation.

ksk571
01-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi jestock! It's good to have you here! Good job on the 2 miles! Keep it up - we'd love to keep hearing from you!

Daimere
01-09-2008, 12:56 PM
My first 4 mile today!

Shy Moment
01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Dai
Nice going. Feel proud of yourself that is a real accomplishment.

Jest :welcome3:
That is a nice video. Hope you enjoyed it. Keep walking away those lbs.

sxul
I have 1 1/2 lbs and 2lbs that I use, I also hold both of them to give me 3 1/2lbs lol.

lots2
There are a few of the 1 miles that don't feel like I am doing much. Have to remember the body doesn't always need a hard workout. Just getting the body moving and the muscles going is good for the body.

sxulcmnky
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
dai - congrats!

cbmare
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
:wave: Hi Jes. :welcome: Please come in and side step, kick and knee lift with us any time!

I don't know where my post from this morning went.

I woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep. It was too cold to workout, so I stayed in bed. Besides, it was too early. I got up a little before 6 and did the 2 Mile Express. I figured it would be easier on my knee. I had to keep my robe on through the first mile. I did use the pink stretchie instead of the purple one. It offers much more resistance.

I have the 2 Fast Miles set up for tomorrow morning. I'd forgotten how slow the 1/2 Mile Express is. But I must say, it was much easier on my knee.

Look how much we've posted! It's only the 9th and we're approaching 8 pages! How fun!

veronica65
01-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Hello Everyone!!! I did the 5 mile advanced today w 5 lb free weights. (whew)
I have been slacking alot lately, so I need to push myself back into moyivation mode. lol Good Job everyone!!!
I hope your knee gets better mare, mine bother me sometimes.

Grumbleworts
01-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Jestock...welcome! This board IS very motivating

As for me... 2 mile video, skipped the pilates, both because I am gearing up for classes next week, and because I have a sore spot that I think was from pilates, so I don't want to make it worse. I have to learn not to lay on the knots from my sweatpant bands!

cathyxxx
01-10-2008, 08:01 AM

I just did 2 fast miles. hitting the showers and off to work.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

sxulcmnky
01-10-2008, 08:45 AM
did the 2 mile express yesterday and left the BF waiting at the metro until i finished... i bet he was glad i did the 2 mile instead of the 3 mile... he'd have had to wait for 30 mins instead of just 15 :D

ksk571
01-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I did the High Calorie Burn this morning.

cbmare
01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I didn't work out. I got up and my knee was saying (in a threatening voice), "You ARE NOT going to do that!" I think I should give it another day.

okie in il
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I just found this thread. Cool! I just bought the 3 mile Walk away the Waistline with the band yesterday at Walmart. Did it last night. It totally kicked my butt. :dizzy: I've tried her 1 & 2 mile walks & they were pretty easy. With motivation from you guys, hopefully I'll keep it up. I'm going on a cruise on Feb 24 so I want to look good (better, that is) in my bathing suit.

cbmare
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
:wave: Hi Becky! :welcome:

I love the walk belt. I've noticed on some of her earlier work outs that the belt has a blue cord. Mine is yellow. I wonder what the difference is.

sxulcmnky
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
hi becky! how long did it take you to lose 50lbs?

and i *really* want to get one with the walk belt... i'm seriously concidering joining her group thingy so i can get discounts on dvd's and stuff to use with them

okie in il
01-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Sally & Mare, thanks for the welcome!

Sally - I got the DVD with the belt for less than $13 at Walmart (definately worth it). It also has a card in there for a 6 month free membership for her club & you get all the benefits (discount).

As far as how long it took me to lose 50 lbs - I'm a very slow loser. I joined LA Weight Loss in December of 2006, but didn't stick 100% to plan all of the time :o so it took me almost a year. Now that most of the centers have closed, I'm on my own to lose the rest & I've been struggling with it. Lucky for me, I found 3FC just in time.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Michele L
01-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I LOVE my Leslie Sansone membership, but DON"T join just for the discounts! Her shipping prices are quite high. You find out about new products and usually have a bit of a discount before they hit other stores, but most of the time it's cheaper to go to collage or amazon if not a store!

Grumbleworts
01-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Okie...welcome!

As for me, I'm lazy today, so I did the 2 mile but i skipped pilates. IN my defense, I also left my lunch on the counter today and the school cafeteria had nothing good on kids or staff menu! So my calories are a little low today.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

:)

cbmare
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Becky, check out gaiam.com. I got a package of 5 or 6 or her workouts for about $9. They are older but I don't have them in my library. Please be aware that she repackages some of her workouts into other programs. The 5 mile one with that comes with a stretchie, weights and belt are some of her other workouts in a combined package. Shy has found quite a bit of her workouts at garage sales. If you are struggling now with your weight loss, may I please invite you to join us in Calorie Counters? I've found that it is the best program for me. I HATE being told I CAN'T have certain foods. I have to avoid nuts, seeds and corn because of diverticulitis and avocado because of an allergy. Otherwise, I can have everything. I just have to watch portions.

Michele, I've never heard of collage. I'll have to check that out.

I got off work early and decided that my knee would have to "buck up". I did the Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles. I could feel some strain but I didn't overtax it.

I hope to be able to get up tomorrow morning and do it again.

Shy Moment
01-11-2008, 01:21 AM
sxul
The discounts on her site are not worth the high shipping prices. You can find her stuff cheaper and with cheaper shipping prices other places. I love the walk away your waistline. The belt really reminds you to keep those abs tight even when you aren't doing anything with it but wearing it. I wear it with all the workouts.

I have a cold so I am heading to bed. Hope everyone is doing well.

Dusty4800
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi
I would like to come and join in all the walking fun I am a returning walker I
love walk away the pounds I just started back on my walking adventure on
Jan 6th I have been using the 1 and 2 mile express miles I just bought the 5
advanced walk with stretchie band at walmart for 9.95 so now I have two
stretchie bands I did 4 miles then I had to stop I am working towards the
walk slim miles I like those the best
Dusty

cbmare
01-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi Dusty. :wave: Are your stretchies different colors? I found the purple one is less resistant. When boobalah & I were working out with the stretchies, I was using the purple one. I had my hands very close together and was stretching that thing like crazy. He looked at me and remarked, "How much arm strength have you gained with this thing? Geez, I can barely stretch this thing!" We traded stretchies. WOW! What a difference! I use the pink one now. I got one with the 5 mile package and another pink one with the Firming dvd. The purple one is in the cabinet now.

Shy, feel better my friend.

I didn't work out this morning. I guess I pushed it too much last night. When am I going to learn that my body is a vengeful creature?

sxulcmnky
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
ohh i ordered a couple new ones today from target.... well amazon... got the "Leslie Sansone - Walk Away the Pounds - Express - Miles 3 & 4 with Stretchie" " and the "Walk Away the Pounds-Complete In-Home Walking System" "

cbmare
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm interested in the second one. When you get it, please let us know if it is repackaged walks or something totally new.

okie in il
01-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Mare - Thanks for the info on the site. I'll definately check it out. All I have is the new one I just got & the 1 & 2 mile Express. I would like to get a 4 & 5 mile one. I just did the 2 mile Express last night & Core Secrets Give Me 20. I'm trying to get in a routine to do something EVERY day. I have an elliptical too, so I have that option as well.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Dusty4800
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Mare
Both of the stretchies are pink the first one came with the walk slim and
the other one I just got with the 1-5 advanced miles

I did the 3 advanced miles with stretchies today boy that was a work
out it was great I am feeling so good that I am back walking again
Dusty

sxulcmnky
01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
roger o

mj5
01-11-2008, 07:05 PM
This morning I did some yoga, then 1 mile of the advanced 5 mile. My ab dvd came in the mail, so I guess I better inflate the stability ball and check it out!

ksk571
01-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Hello All! I did 3 miles of the Advanced 5 Mile workout today. Mine came with the purple band and it didn't seem like much of a workout. Guess I need to get the pink one.

Shy & Mare - hope you both get to feeling better!

Becky & Dusty - Welcome!!

Grumbleworts
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Hello! My 3&4 mile express DVD (with the purple stretchie) came in the mail today, so I tried it out....Great workout, but you are all right...the purple didn't offer much resistance, but I was trying to take it slow since I hadn't done the workout before. Next time I'll have to "choke up" on the stretchie or possibly look for a harder one at the store.

Shy Moment
01-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Grumble
The nice thing about stretches rather they have handles or not is that you just move further in on them.

ksk
Thank you. Just about back to normal. The knees are great just this darn hamstring that is still bothering me just a bit.

cb
Just about my old self.

Everyone is doing so well. Congrats on the workouts. You can get a pack of stretch cords for about 8 bucks at a great many different stores. If you don't like the ones you are using, not that expensive to change which ones you use. I have a great many of her videos, if you want to know if one is the same as another let me know. I might have it and can tell you. Have to love yard sales. :)

cathyxxx
01-12-2008, 01:35 PM

i just did the 3 mile walk away your waistline with the walk belt :cheer:

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
cathy

Shy Moment
01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Cathy
I really like that video. Nice work out you had.

Grumbleworts
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Did the Three Mile Express today, and managed not to overdo breakfast at Panera with my parents. Had chicken noodle soup and the baguette instead of pastries. (I hate most breakfast foods anyway, so...)

:)

sxulcmnky
01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
i did the 2 mile express yesterday... and went to walmart... and THEY HAD THE 3 mile walk away your waistline with the walk belt!!!!! so i bought it! tried to do it this morning, but i've been a little nauseous and i ended up getting sick while doing the warm up... i will try again later when i'm not feeling so pukish

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I suppose I could join this thread since all I own are WATP videos.

I started again today and I did the 4 Mile Challenge.

ksk571
01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Welcome Lynsey!! We'd love to have you join us!!

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-13-2008, 06:15 PM
I just bought the 3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistline online so I can't wait to try it. I have WATP 3 Mile Abs but I've been using something in place of the AB belt and this DVD w/ the belt costs as much as the belt alone so I got it. Hope it comes quick!

mj5
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Lynsey--I started recently with the 3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistline and I LOVED it so much I bought a couple other dvd's....now I am totally hooked!

For my workout today, I did the 3 mile advanced watp dvd w/ 3lb hand weights. I felt great, but tired afterwards--if that makes any sense at all!

Have a great evening everyone!

Grumbleworts
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I did the 2 mile watp today...was going to do the 3 mile again but decided to take an "easy" day. :)

Michele L
01-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Everyone is doing GREAT!!

After a couple of days off (visiting my sister in another state), I did Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles this evening. Then, I saw I was under my 10000 steps for the day, so I hopped on the treadmill for 10 minutes (.54 mile). It felt great to know I'm doing something for ME!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 01:24 AM
Michele
Never hurts to set goals for our selfs. We don't want them to be to easy but we also don't want them to be out of reach. I think you have set a great goal for yourself.

Grumble
A one mile and a two mile a day are my day. They aren't easy and they aren't hard. A 3 mile would be a very hard day lol.

mj
Sounds like after my resistance training. I am a bit tired but I feel great.

Lynsey
I love the belt. I think the workout is very nice.

sxul
You take it easy. You are going to enjoy the new workout.

Has been a bit rough for me lately with this pulled hamstring. I still keep with it and do the exercises. It takes me longer to do the videos but I still get them done. Have to keep the body moving.

sxulcmnky
01-14-2008, 08:36 AM
ok i did 2 miles of the 3 last night... i'm on Levoquin for a UTI which makes me sick too... it's LOVELY! not!

tonight i'm going to get an herbal detox wrap at a spa (got a gift card from my mom for christmas)... i'm so excited!

i think i will do a 2 mile walk when i get to my mom's house this afternoon after work (if i can manage it... stupid nausea).... i am bringing a copy of one of the DVD's i have over to my sister (my remote is broken so i can only do the 1 mile and there are 5 workouts on this particular DVD)... so i'm letting her borrow it.... it's crazy because she has always been the one telling me what i needed to do to lose weight... (she's like a size 10... her largest size ever... she used to be a 5) someone noted that she had gained some weight and who did she come to for advice on exercising/eating? ME!!! that's right!! ME!!!!

Michele L
01-14-2008, 08:51 AM
This morning I did an oldie, but a goodie--the original WATP with 3 pound weights! I added 5 minutes on the treadmill because I needed 35 minutes for another challenge, so I've done 2.27 miles today!

jestock2
01-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone. After dealing with a sick son over the weekend I was able to do the 2 Mile Walk this morning. Luckily my son is feeling better so hopefully I can stay on track this week.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Dusty4800
01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi
Well its my second week of walking and I just finished the 3 mile with the
stretchie I was only going to walk 5 days last week but I walked every day
so I am going to keep doing that it feels great to be back walking again
I am also going to start wearing a pedometer too and count my steps
Dusty

cbmare
01-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Well! I got to workout this morning! I had to give my knee a few days off. It was hating me and letting me know it!

I did the 2 Fast Miles. I don't jog on the boosted walk, I just walk fast and push my arms out like she did in the Fat Burning Walk. It keeps the intensity up but I don't have the impact.

I have been doing my counter push aways. Leaning forward like that gives me a good calf stretch.

sotypical
01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi guys!

I bought one of her videos last year and did it a couple times and then stopped. On the weekend I found this little kit at Costco for an awesome price so I am back to doing the video! It is the '5 mile advanced' dvd and it came with some hand weights, firming belt and walking belt. So I am going to try and do it most days of the week, might switch it up with some turbo jam or riding my exercise bike, but for the most part this is going to be my main exercise! Hope I can join you ladies!

I have one question though, I use a tracking site to track my calories and exercise (not fitday, using something else) - how do you guys track your exercise from these videos? do you just use walking and then put in how many miles? thanks!

Anyway, I have the 5 mile advanced dvd (it has a 5 mile walk and 3 different 3 mile ones) and I have another one called 'Walk Strong' - what is everyone's favourtie? I might have to pick up another!

Oh and this morning I did one of the 3 mile walks with the walk belt!

cbmare
01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
:welcome:

I have that one. It should have a pink stretchie, right? If you have another of hers with the purple stretchie, try them out. I think you'll find the pink one is more difficult.

I used to do it as brisk, very brisk walking and put in my distance. Now I just put it as aerobic, general and the time.

Where you track yours, is it Spark?

When I use the belt or stretchie, I put it as weight training.

I think my fave is the Fat Burning/Fat Burner one. It's older. One is with Leslie by herself and uses weights. The other is a group and it is interval training.

The 5 mile one we have is a compilation of her other workouts and repackaged.

sotypical
01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
There was a purple strechie in the DVD and then a walking belt and hand weights in the box.

Yes I am using Spark.

I think this video and the one I have is good for now, but I wouldn't mind getting another just to mix it up. Maybe one that is just the walking with no weight or anything? Both the videos I have mix the walking with weights/belts or something. Or maybe that is how all her videos are?

cbmare
01-14-2008, 06:18 PM
No, some use the walk aids. Many do not. If you got a purple stretchie, then you may have a different set than I do. Mine was packaged exclusively for Target.

sotypical
01-14-2008, 06:29 PM
The one I have looks like this
http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/LS5Mile1.jpg

I also have this one:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KEQJNPC0L._AA240_.jpg

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I stayed with it and did my Walk and Jog this afternoon after work. My feet are killing me because I ran my butt off at work all day. Oh well. It's over and I'll feel better in the long run.

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Oooooh, I want the 5 mile one. The longest one I have is the 4 Mile Challenge.

Cheree
01-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Everyone!! :wave:

I'm back to getting serious about losing weight and exercising. Leslie Sansone DVDs are my favorite! I hope to get to know everyone and get in the groove here. :carrot:

I've done 2 "new-to-me" DVDs the last couple of days:

Yesterday with my sister, we did: Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim - 2 Mile Walk (I liked the boosted walks with that big guy!!!) I think I'm going to have to order the Walk Slim DVDs.

Today, I did: Leslie Sansone Walk at Home - 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk (I enjoyed it!)

I've been doing the Walk Away the Pounds with the weight balls, and I still like those, but it's fun to do some new ones!!

Grumbleworts
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM
I did my two mile walk again today... I'm with you Lynsey - I spent most of the day up and about.

Can anyone recommend a different 3 mile + watp video? I bought the 3 mile/4 mile express with purple stretchie, but I don't like it as well as the other one/two mile I bought. I don't feel like the arms are there, and I just don't care for it as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Shy Moment
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
So far I have
Leslie Sansone
( 1995 ) Miracle Mile Walk ( 1 Mile )
( 1998 ) Walk Off Weight ( 4 Mile )
( 2001 ) WATP ( 3 Mile ) For The Abs
( 2001 ) WATP ( 2 Mile ) Heart Healthy Walking
( 2001 ) WATP ( 1 Mile ) Get Up And Get Started
( 2001 ) WATP ( 2 Mile ) High Calorie Burn
( 2001 ) WATP ( 3 Mile ) Super Fat Burning
( 2001 ) WATP ( 4 Mile ) Express
( 2007 ) Advanced Walk ( 5 Mile )
( 2007 ) Walk Away Your Waistline ( 3 Mile )

I am waiting for the 5 mile Walk Slim to come in from qvc.

Most of these were bought at yard sales or at the video store used. I use 2lb dumbbells with straps and I have the walk away the waist belt with the stretchy cords with handles. Went somewhere and bought a pack of the stretch cords without handles and I use those plus have her pink and purple one. All of these are different so if you are looking for some on the net and can't tell if they re just repackaged or not. You will at least know if they are the same as the ones I have listed they are different.

You can get this stuff really cheap, just look around at the yard sales and the
used video stores. Hubby bought me a couple new for about 12 or 13 dollars. The rest we didn't pay over 3 dollars for each of them lol.

I am so proud of myself. I suffer from low lung capacity and haven't been able to do over a 2 mile video. Today, I did the 3 mile walk away your waist all the way thru for the first time. I am still smiling.

Lynsey
Nice going. You have to feel good about yourself. Doing your workout even when you were tired.

sotypical
I put the time from beginning to end under walking and then all but 5 min under aerobics.

cb
I do the same thing. Jogging and running are just to hard on the knees. So I just keep the pace and walk fast.

Dusty
Good for you. Walking is really good for the heart it is great for the lungs too.

jestock
Glad to hear your son is feeling better. I love the two mile walks. Gets the heart rate up and gets the body moving. It is great for us. You keep walking :)

Michele
I love the original ones. I do a one mile every morning just to get the body going. Adding weights really intensifies the workout doesn't it.

sxul
You know what you are doing and it shows. You have to feel good when someone comes to you for advice. Sure hope you start feeling better. Has to be hard to workout with nausea.

cathyxxx
01-15-2008, 11:18 AM
hey gang :wave:

I didn't walk this morning or yesterday morning :( but my plan is to do it tomorrow morning at 5 am.

Grumbleworts - do you have the 5 mile walk that Courtnie has pictured above? it has a great 3 mile walk in it that I love. 1 fast mile, 1 really fast mile with jogging (if you like) and the 3rd mile is done with either hand weights, stretchie bands, or the walk belt, whichever you prefer, and the really great thing is that you do all 3 miles in about 36 minutes. I love it! the 5 mile dvd is a great one to have. lots of choices on it.

There is another great 3 mile walk in the new Walk Slim series.

I also love the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk, and the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline with walkbelt that I picked up at Walmart for less than $13. To me the last mile of this one is too easy, especially compared to the 1st and 2nd mile, so I just add my own hand movements and knock it up a notch.

Courtnie - do you like the Walk Strong workout? honestly, it is one that I don't care for and only did one time. I don't like the starting and stopping of it, ya know, walk fast, and then stop to do the strength training - but that is just me.

hope everybody has a great OP day!
hugs,
Cathy

cbmare
01-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I have the 5 mile walk at the top. It's a repackaged compilation of her other dvds. I do it every now and then.

Welcome back, Cheree! I've been wondering when you'd get back in here. I didn't know you have a sister in the area? I thought she was in Denver.

OK. No workout for me. Now I've done something to my foot! It feels like a wrecking ball is trying to break out from the inside. It wakes me at night and I don't know what to do. Sometimes it is in the heel and others in the arch. It hurts to walk and feels better with shoes on. Any ideas?

Shy Moment
01-15-2008, 01:58 PM
cb
Not sure if this is it but I frayed the tendon that runs from the heel to the ball of my foot. Oh my gosh talk about painful. You need to go to a podiatrist and have it checked. They arched my foot and taped it up and I had to keep it like that for a few weeks. I have done that to both feet. This is a serious injury and happens just from wear and tear on the feet. It felt better with shoes on because of the arch in the shoe supporting my foot. It hurt on the top and on the bottom. Sometimes one place sometimes another.

sotypical
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
cathyxxx - I haven't done many of her videos, just the two - the walk strong is not as good as the other one, I agree about the starting and stopping. I want to get more of the videos though, more of just the fast walking, no walk bands or anything.

I did 4 miles this morning, just modified one of the work outs and just did the fast miles 4 times :P

jestock2
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I plan on walking this afternoon after I pick up my daughter from school. Busy day so I might only get in a 1 mile walk. Hope everyone is doing well today!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Cheree
01-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I have the 5 mile walk at the top. It's a repackaged compilation of her other dvds. I do it every now and then.

Welcome back, Cheree! I've been wondering when you'd get back in here. I didn't know you have a sister in the area? I thought she was in Denver.

OK. No workout for me. Now I've done something to my foot! It feels like a wrecking ball is trying to break out from the inside. It wakes me at night and I don't know what to do. Sometimes it is in the heel and others in the arch. It hurts to walk and feels better with shoes on. Any ideas?

Hi Mare, thanks for the welcome back. I did the WATP workout with my sister in Denver on Sunday before flying back here in the evening. Sorry for the confusion!

I wonder if you have Plantar fasciitis?? :( If so, you might try taking some Naproxin (or Aleve) if you have it (that's what the podiatrist gave me to try first). Then after awhile, when that didn't help me previously, they gave me an injection of cortisone and it really helped.

http://www.plantar-fasciitis.org/

Dusty4800
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Good afternoon everyone so far no walking for me its been a busy day and I
dont think ill get to it unless I can do it before bed tonight ive walked 9 days
in a row so I might just take today off
Hope you all have a great evening
Dusty

cbmare
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Mare, thanks for the welcome back. I did the WATP workout with my sister in Denver on Sunday before flying back here in the evening. Sorry for the confusion!

I wonder if you have Plantar fasciitis?? :( If so, you might try taking some Naproxin (or Aleve) if you have it (that's what the podiatrist gave me to try first). Then after awhile, when that didn't help me previously, they gave me an injection of cortisone and it really helped.

http://www.plantar-fasciitis.org/

I do have that in both feet. This doesn't feel like that. It would help if my boss didn't call me in every 5 minutes! I wanna go home. Anybody's home.

Grumbleworts
01-15-2008, 06:01 PM

I didn't walk this morning or yesterday morning :( but my plan is to do it tomorrow morning at 5 am.

Grumbleworts - do you have the 5 mile walk that Courtnie has pictured above? it has a great 3 mile walk in it that I love. 1 fast mile, 1 really fast mile with jogging (if you like) and the 3rd mile is done with either hand weights, stretchie bands, or the walk belt, whichever you prefer, and the really great thing is that you do all 3 miles in about 36 minutes. I love it! the 5 mile dvd is a great one to have. lots of choices on it.

There is another great 3 mile walk in the new Walk Slim series.

I also love the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk, and the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline with walkbelt that I picked up at Walmart for less than $13. To me the last mile of this one is too easy, especially compared to the 1st and 2nd mile, so I just add my own hand movements and knock it up a notch.

Courtnie - do you like the Walk Strong workout? honestly, it is one that I don't care for and only did one time. I don't like the starting and stopping of it, ya know, walk fast, and then stop to do the strength training - but that is just me.

hope everybody has a great OP day!
hugs,
Cathy

Cathy-I don't have those, but I'll have to look at Wally World and see if I can find one of them. If not, I'll go to amazon. I really appreciate the input! I don't know what it is about the videos I bought, but I just don't like them as well as the first ones I got.

Anyhoo, thanks!

:hug:

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I just finished WATP Walk Strong.

Grumbleworts
01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
DId my 2 mile WaTP

skinnyvanilly2b
01-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Woo Hoo!:carrot:
I'm so glad i found you guys! I love walk away the pounds! I have the 1mi, 2mi, 3mi, 4mi and i just found the 5mi . Im into the 3 mi one right now and slowly workin my way upto 5. I can't wait till i get there. I hope it don't kick my A##!!:kickbutt: Can i join this forum with you guys, how do i do that? just keep posting here and returning?

cbmare
01-16-2008, 12:12 PM
:welcome: skinny

You are already part of the group. You side stepped, kicked and knee lifted your way in.

I still can't do anything. My foot is better today but I don't want to have it get any angrier with me than it already is.

cathyxxx
01-16-2008, 12:50 PM

even tho i was up past midnight last night, i still got up early and did 2 miles, mainly bec i had posted here that that was my plan. accountability ya know ;)

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
01-16-2008, 12:57 PM
hey courtnie - the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles might be just what you are looking for. it's 4 fast miles with no weights or bands or belts. you can watch a portion of the workout at collagevideo.com and probably on leslie's website too.

later gater ;)

mmacaskill
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
I love the WATP DVDs I just started again this morning and feel so great.
I did the 1 mile. I am hoping by next week I will be up to the 2 mile and then can reasearch the other DVDs she has.

sotypical
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Cathy -
Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles sounds great, I will look today and see if I can find clips of it and look at ordering it! thanks!

So I didn't do anything this morning, I just rode my exercise bike for 30min, I was too tired to put the effort into the walking but now I regret not doing it :( It's so fun! All well, tomorrow morning I will!

cbmare
01-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Cathy, I think I may have to start hating you. I went into collagevideo.com and found a ton of Leslie videos. Now that's a couple more I want!

Seriously, thanks for the link. Prices aren't too bad either. What are the shipping costs? I didn't stay in there long enough to find out.

cathyxxx
01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
LOL mare - please don't hate me ;)

I've only ordered from collagevideo one time - I think the shipping was about $5 for one dvd, but it was the only place I could find the one I wanted so I paid it. it wasn't that bad. Seems like it was $7 shipping if you ordered 2 dvds. it was still a little better than the shipping costs at Leslie's site. But what I do when I want a certain dvd (if I can't find it at Walmart or Best Buy or Target or Circuit City) then I go to Amazon and find 2 of hers that I want. the prices are always good, and the regular shipping is FREE on $25 purchases. 2 dvds usually run about that.

Mare - which ones are you wanting to get now? ;)
I hope your foot gets better & better.

Courtnie - I sure wouldn't say that 30 minutes on an exercise bike meant you "didn't do anything". that's great exercise too!!! sounds like you'll enjoy your walk tomorrow tho.

later gaters :wave:

sxulcmnky
01-16-2008, 04:06 PM
i did the 1 mile express last night... have to work my way back up

apparently it could have been a stomach virus that was causing me to be sick and not my medicine since there has been a bug going around my office... at least i'm on anti-biotics though, so no more bugs can get me :D

tonight = 2 mile express and perhaps if i am feeling up to it, the 1 mile express after that

okie in il
01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Just wanted to check in to let you know I haven't abandoned my plan to faithfully do my WATP. Well not completely anyway. I've been super busy :dizzy: lately & have had no time. I know, just an excuse.

Mare - I hope your foot is better soon.

Cathy - If accountability works for you, I guess I'll try it. I would like to try :kickbutt: to get my tail out of bed a half hour early to at least do a mile before work. That way if I don't get to it at night I won't feel so guilty. How do you work yourself up to getting up earlier? I am not a morning person at all. :devil: Thanks for the website info on collagevideo. I'm definately going to check that out.

Everyone keep up the good work, maybe you'll motivate me. :D

cathyxxx
01-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey Becky - "how do I work myself up"....well I know I have to get it some exercise some kind of way. It is the biggest factor in any weight loss for me. It doesn't matter how well I eat if I don't get some exercise, my weight just won't budge.....so since I know I have to do it, and 5 am is really the only time I have to get it done that's when I have to do it. I probably am a morning person so that probably helps too. but I also make sure it's the kind of exercise that I like doing - that's why I do Leslie's stuff. if I had to get up and do something I hated - there's no way I would do it.

At night I lay out the dvd I want to use, and any weights or stretchies or things that I might need, along with my work out clothes and tennis shoes and that way all I have to do is get up and get going. some mornings it is really hard and sometimes it's not hard at all. mainly depends on how late i was up the night before.

I hope you make it up early in the morning. I have a feeling that you will since you posted it here. let us know ok? I'll be looking for your post tomorrow. :)

hugs,
Cathy

cbmare
01-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Guess who came in here and read our thread????!!!!!

I just got an email from Mary Kay. I'd told her about the thread. She knew about 3FC but didn't realize that we had a thread dedicated to WATP. She was really impressed with all of us!

YEAH US!

sotypical
01-16-2008, 07:12 PM
So I was looking at getting the 4 fast miles on ebay, the same seller has TONS of videos - anyway they had another called 'walk and jog' has anyone tried this one? I was thinking of getting both.

Or any other recommendations? I am worried about doubling up with similar videos.

cbmare
01-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I have Walk Jog. It is a nice workout. I can't jog too terribly much because my knees have bad attitudes. However, I walk fast and pump my arms forward as I do it and it gives me the same intensity without the impact.

cbmare
01-16-2008, 07:28 PM
LOL mare - please don't hate me ;)

I won't. I promise.

Mare - which ones are you wanting to get now? ;)
I hope your foot gets better & better.

Thanks. I want the Walk Blaster Set with Ramp. However, it is almost $73!

I'm going to look for it on EBay or some place. Then again, I could just wait and see if it goes on clearance anywhere

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I was upset today so I busted out the 4 mile challenge. Go me!

Dusty4800
01-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi
Today I did the 3 mile advanced with the stretchie I love it
Dusty

Grumbleworts
01-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Did my two mile even tho I really just wanted to go to bed after the loooong day. :) But I feel a little better now that I've done it. :)

sxulcmnky
01-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi
Today I did the 3 mile advanced with the stretchie I love it
Dusty

i did this one last night too, but only got 2 miles into it thanks to my feeling ill.... hopefully i can finish it today

okie in il
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
At night I lay out the dvd I want to use, and any weights or stretchies or things that I might need, along with my work out clothes and tennis shoes and that way all I have to do is get up and get going. some mornings it is really hard and sometimes it's not hard at all. mainly depends on how late i was up the night before.

I hope you make it up early in the morning. I have a feeling that you will since you posted it here. let us know ok? I'll be looking for your post tomorrow. :)

hugs,
Cathy

Well I ended up hitting the snooze once but I got up earlier than usual. I only had time to do 1 mile of my Walk Away the Waistline, but at least it's something. I set out my clothes & tennis shoes, but forgot to set out my dvd & band so that took a little time. Maybe tomorrow moring I'll be a little bit more prepared & be able to do 2. I think once I get in the habit, it'll be second nature.

Thanks for the encouragement. You're right about the accountability, it works.

I hope everyone has a good day.

jestock2
01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
You all are doing great with your walks. After being ill, I finally felt up to exercising today. Did the 2 Mile Fat Burning walk this morning. I weighed in this morning and am down 5 pounds total now!!!:carrot:

Have a great Thursday Everyone!

cbmare
01-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I heard our heater kicking on at 4:30 this morning. It will kick on if the evening temp drops below 60. I did get up at 6 thinking that the back room would be too cold. It was right around 50. I decided to try the Easy 1 Mile Express. It's slow and has a long warm up. About 5 minutes into it, my foot was letting me know that I would be severely punished if I kept going. So I did a whopping 5 minutes.

I'm so depressed.

cathyxxx
01-17-2008, 11:56 AM

:cp: gosh everybody is doing GREAT! :cp:

I got to bed a little earlier last night and was able to get up easier this morning. yea! I did the Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles and boy was I sweating!

Becky - CONGRATS on doing a mile first thing this morning and ALSO for only hitting the snooze button once! that's great!

Courtnie - I have the Walk & Jog and the Walk & Kick. I like them both! like mare said - I don't always jog with her tho - especially at 5 am - but you can always walk fast if you don't want to jog. Both of those dvds came out before her new Walk Slim System. In the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles that I was telling you about there is jogging which is similar to the Walk & Jog, but I think it's a faster pace in the Walk Slim System.

I enjoy having a variety of different workouts from Leslie so that I don't get bored, but if I could only have one right now it would be the whole Walk Slim System - it has everything that she does in different varieties but at the fastest pace she's ever done. If you can get a great deal at ebay on things like the Walk & Jog and other ones I'm sure you would enjoy them too but you can probably get everything you want in the Walk Slim System. Oh I would also want to have the 5 mile dvd too I love it too! hope my ramblings help a little ;)

Mare - that is totally AWESOME that Mary Kay read our thread. that is just so cool. please tell her HI from me. ;) I'm a member at leslie's website too but I rarely post on the boards there. do you post there by the same name?

Lynsey - CONGRATS! 4 miles is a great way to deal with being upset! congrats on making a healthy choice! AWESOME!

Dusty, Grumbleworts, Sally & Jestock :cheer: AWESOME! y'all are doing great! :cheer:

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
hey mare - we were posting at the same time ... I am so very sorry about your foot!!!!!! is there anything you can do to make it better or is it just gonna take some time? do you happen to have an exercise bike or something like that where you could still get in your exercise but take the pressure off your feet?

:hug:

sotypical
01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
So this morning I did 10 mintues on my bike to warm me up and wake me up and then I did the 3 mile advanced with the strechie, it was a lot of fun! I loved the screchie part!

Thanks Cathy, I am going to look at some more today and pick a couple out, maybe I will even order more then two, haha.

zinkemomx2
01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I just bought the Walk and Jog on eBay for $5 including s&h. It just came in the mail today and I was so excited I put it right it and did it. I really like that her people weren't annoying. At the end she said it was 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. How do you ladies log that on Spark people? I put it under the running/jogging 12 minute miles. Is that right?

Michele L
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Good afternoon! I had a snow day today, so I did the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 2 pound weights. I hadn't done a workout since Monday and it felt GREAT!

zink: I'm not sure how you log Walk & Jog. I know the people at Leslie's site recommend a 15 minute mile walk for each mile you do, but since that's faster, I'm not sure. It seems that a 12-13 minute mile would be about right. Hope you get an answer!

mare: Take care of your foot! You don't want something more permanent to happen! I understand how frustrating it is to WANT to work out and not be able to, but take it easy until you find out what the problem is and how to mend it!

Hi to everyone else! Keep up the great walking!!

sotypical
01-17-2008, 05:52 PM
I just bought the Walk and Jog on eBay for $5 including s&h. It just came in the mail today and I was so excited I put it right it and did it. I really like that her people weren't annoying. At the end she said it was 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. How do you ladies log that on Spark people? I put it under the running/jogging 12 minute miles. Is that right?

$5 including shipping? NICE! The one I was looking at was $5 plus shipping, I think I need to check again ;) I want this one and the walk slim 4 fast miles, but I think I need to buy a new hair straightener first, I hate being tight on cash, grrrr

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
I have Walk and Jog and Walk and Kick. I make myself jog with her but I feel silly doing the kicks forward and out to the side while jogging. Oh well, no one is watching me.

Today I did the 3 Mile Ab video. I wanted a short one so I put it in thinking it was 33 minutes. Oops. I finished all 45 though because I had to get to that 3rd mile.

Dusty4800
01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi
I did the 3 advanced miles with the stretchie
Dusty

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Does Target sell any of her videos? I want more. LOL! I only have 5 and one on the way.

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh, the reason I ask is I'm going tomorrow and I'm tired of having to wait for them to get here in the mail. I've been bummed everyday this week cause my new one hasn't showed up.

Grumbleworts
01-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Did the 3 mile express. :)
Lyndsey I'm with you...I hate waiting on the mail, so I'm going tomorrow after noon to Wally World to check again and see if they've got any.

sotypical
01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
WalMart sells the videos? at look at ours today quickly and found nothing :(

jlkeahi
01-18-2008, 03:53 AM
WalMart sells the videos? at look at ours today quickly and found nothing :(

yes they sell them at walmart. i just bought 3 workouts on 1 DVD, today, and it included weights. it only cost 15 bucks with tax.

cathyxxx
01-18-2008, 07:56 AM

everybody is doing GREAT!

I just did 2 miles. I used the the Walk Slim Fast Start 2 mile.

Our Walmart has some of Leslie's dvds where they have the exercise equipment. Sometimes I also see them mixed in with the movies. Yesterday I was at Target and saw they had some of her dvds around the exercise equipment too.

Ok gang - I gotta hit the showers.
hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy

skinnyvanilly2b
01-18-2008, 09:29 AM
I found a lot at best buy also and they were priced as well as walmart too.!

sxulcmnky
01-18-2008, 10:56 AM
ya i fell asleep last night around 7 due to stomache still being all stupid and taking med for it.. i'm going to make up for it today though... try to do 5 miles... a 3 mile this morning and a 2 mile before going to dinner with my parents for my dad's birthday

jestock2
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Great job on all the walking everyone! I was feeling better and woke up this morning completly congested. The sinus pressure is horrible. Did manage to get a 1 Mile Walk in this morning. Hoping the hot shower will help with the nose.

Have a great weekend everyone!

okie in il
01-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

Well for the 2nd morning in a row I've gotten up early to walk. :carrot::carrot: I did the 2 mile Express this morning.

I hope everyone has a good day.

jestock2
01-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Way to go Becky on the 2 days in a row. Each day helps to form a new habit. Your doing great! Have a great weekend!

Jennifer

Dusty4800
01-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi Everyone
No babysitting for me over the weekend so I am going to try doing the 3
fast miles of the walk slim
I have lost a few more pounds and I will be in the 180's soon no going back
Hope you all have a great weekend
Dusty

sotypical
01-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Our Walmart has some of Leslie's dvds where they have the exercise equipment. Sometimes I also see them mixed in with the movies.

I was looking with the DVDs! lol
I will try looking with the exercise equipment next time I am there.

This morning I did 3 miles, I did the mile with the strechie band twice and then a fast mile :P

cbmare
01-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Great job on all the walking everyone! I was feeling better and woke up this morning completly congested. The sinus pressure is horrible. Did manage to get a 1 Mile Walk in this morning. Hoping the hot shower will help with the nose.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jes, get yourself something called "Shower Soothers". I think you can buy the store brand at Walmart. I'm not sure if the pharmacies have their own brand. You throw it on the floor in your shower. It really does help with the congestion.

I got up again this morning and found that I can't do it. I think I'll try and just do the firming one with the stretchie over the weekend. There is a very brief warm up that I think I'll avoid and get right to just working with the stretchie. It's a good 30 minute workout with the stretchie and no marching. It's just too cold do it in the mornings because you don't have a lot of movement.

sxulcmnky
01-18-2008, 03:13 PM
did 5 miles this morning... 3 fast fat burning and 2 express... def made up for missing yesterday

oh ya and i weighed myself this morning... I"M OFFICALLY UNDER 200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cathyxxx
01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
:bravo: Sally CONGRATS!!!! and welcome to ONEderland! whoooohoooo :bravo:

sotypical
01-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Congrats Sally! that is awesome!

Does anyone have Walk Slim Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles? How is it? I found 3 walk slim dvds that look really good! maybe I will buy them all, haha

Cheree
01-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi All!!

I did my favorite WATP, 3 miles with the weights. I use 3 pound weights and carry them the whole time. My husband does that one with me sometimes, and he'll carry another set of our 3 pound weights, then when Leslie says to pick up the weights, he grabs our 5 pound weights. I'm trying to work up to the 5 pound weights too.

Have to add a congratulations to Sally for getting into ONEderland!!! Awesome!!!

cbmare: I've never heard of Shower Soothers!! You are a wealth of information. (BTW, the Trader Joe's Spicy Black Bean Dip is really good and the multigrain tortilla chips are good too!)

Have a great WATP weekend everyone!!!

Cheree :carrot:

P.S. do they have WATPA? (Walk Away the Pounds Anonymous) hehe Seriously, I have so many of her DVDs and I love them all (except for the Walk & Jog...I need to get a good sports bra or something, then I'll probably like it better).

cbmare
01-18-2008, 07:45 PM
cbmare: I've never heard of Shower Soothers!!

You can find them at Walmart. We swear by them when we're congested.

(BTW, the Trader Joe's Spicy Black Bean Dip is really good and the multigrain tortilla chips are good too!)

I know! It is really spicy. I put some on a white cheddar rice cracker to see if it would make it taste better. It did! I'm glad we got it.

Have a great WATP weekend everyone!!!

Cheree :carrot:

P.S. do they have WATPA? (Walk Away the Pounds Anonymous) hehe Seriously, I have so many of her DVDs and I love them all (except for the Walk & Jog...I need to get a good sports bra or something, then I'll probably like it better).

You are right. I think I'm a WATP junkie. I actually sneaked in 2 of my workouts. When boobalah saw me doing 1 of them, he asked about it. I told him they were at the bottom of the stack. I didn't tell him I put them there on purpose. (tee hee hee)

:carrot: Sally! You'll be passing me in no time!

I hope to be able to do something - ANYTHING - this weekend.

Grumbleworts
01-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Congratulations Sally! That's awesome!!!

I did the 4 mile express for the first time tonight. Whew!

Shy Moment
01-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Gosh was I missed? Didn't see anyone say where has Shy been she pumps us up and keeps us going lol. Anyway, sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. Having computer problems. Have it all held together now with bubble gum and bailing wire until the new parts come in. So happy to see so many of you doing so well. THATS GREAT.

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Ok, day number 2 of getting up and doing Walk and Kick before work. I got up at 4 and did it yesterday because I knew I wouldn't be home all day. Then today I had some extra time and couldn't sleep so I busted it out again. I'll still do my new one if it shows up today. I'm so mad it's not here yet.

I looked at Target for a new one and all they had were ones I already have. Bummer.

So, that's everyday since Sunday. Should I rest tomorrow or is it ok to do one everyday? It's not like I'm sore or anything anymore and I love doing them but if my body needs a rest day I'll give it one.

Michele L
01-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Courtnie: the Walk Slim series is AWESOME!!! I think I have just about every workout Leslie has made and I think these are her very best! The music is upbeat and a bit faster, the workouts really get my heart rate up and they are just plain FUN! I definitely recommend getting them! QVC had the entire set (5 DVD's plus stretchie) for under $30 on New Year's. Leslie's site has the 3 pack for $24.95 (plus shipping), which would push it to around $30. 4 Really BIG miles is an extra in the series and I'd have to say that is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I say, GO FOR IT! You'll love any of the Walk Slim series!

Shy Moment
01-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Lynsey
I do a walking/aerobics video twice a day. One in the morning and one in the evening. If the knees or hips or such get sore then take time off. If the body feels good keep going. They do say you should have a day off a week so as to let the body rest.

Dusty4800
01-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi
I also love the walk slim series I am working my way back to doing them I
did the 3 fast miles of the walk slim yesterday it was great today I did the 3
advanced miles with the stretchie I still have to buy the 4 really big miles but
I can wait for that unless I see it at walmart
Hope you all have a great day
Dusty

cathyxxx
01-19-2008, 01:54 PM

I just did the 3 mile walk away your waistline with the walk belt :carrot:

I am thrilled to say that my scale is finally down another pound this morning. It has held steady since Thanksgiving and even tho I was thrilled not to have gained during the holidays, I've really been looking for a loss to show up, sometime, somehow, somewhere :lol:

Courtnie - ditto what Michelle said. You will love the Walk Slim Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles. It has a 15 minute mile, then a 12 minute mile, then a 10 minute mile and the last mile she uses the stretchie band. If you don't have the stretchie you can always use handweights instead.

Hey Shy - we were missing you :hug: I hate it having computer problems - I'm sure you do too. I didn't realize you were exercising twice a day! how in the world do you find the time? do you log your walking on here? I see you've love 42 lbs in 36 weeks! that is totally AWESOME!

Lynsey - CONGRATS on getting up at 4 am! WOW! and CONGRATS on walking every day this week! AWESOME!

Hey Dusty - 3 miles is GREAT! you go girl!

Grumbleworts - CONGRATS on your first 4 mile express walk! :cheer:

Hey Mare - how ya feeling? are you able to do "anything" like you want to?

Cheree - Awesome on the 3 miles yesterday!

hugs,
Cathy

Michele L
01-19-2008, 02:20 PM
All the talk about 4 Really BIG Miles made me want to do it! I can't remember the last time I did that one! That's one of the problems with having so many workouts to choose from: you forget about some of them (LOL)!

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Now you all made me want the 4 really big miles video. I like the ones where you have to really move. I better go to ebay and get that one too. LOL!

What other ones do I have to have? I already have 6 or 7. I can't think right now.

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-19-2008, 05:26 PM
OK, just ordered it. I'm awful!

zinkemomx2
01-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I did Walk and Jog earlier. Almost stepped on DD a million times. Someday she will learn to stay out of the way that mommy only has a few minutes left.

I was very disappointed today. I ordered the Express 2 pack off eBay. It came today and when I opened it I got a very unwelcome surprise. The seller sent me some movie from the history channel called Weird U.S. Real tales of the bizarre. It was the first screwup I have ever had on eBay so I am waiting to hear back.

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I just finished the 4 mile super challenge. Thought I needed a little pick me up. Call me crazy. LOL!

sotypical
01-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Today I just wrote my bike, hope to walk tomorrow.

Are any of you a member on the walk at home website? is it worth it?

So I looked at the 3 set series on her site, seems like an awesome deal! Comes to $33 with shipping - to add the 4 really big miles it comes to $57 (little more then I want to spent right now) - the 4 really big miles is cheaper on ebay, but for the others it is cheaper to buy on her site.

SO where do I start? so I buy the 3 pack first? or the 4 really big miles? What are your guys suggestions?

Grumbleworts
01-20-2008, 12:44 AM
I did the 3 mile with belt that I bought at Walmart today....almost. The power went out in the middle of mile 3, so I had to stop. But other than that, it was great! lol.

Michele L
01-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I am a member of her site, but I don't often order from her store due to the high shipping costs. When there's a new release, members usually get a special deal, which is about the only time I order. I love the forums on that site and there's streaming videos and a few other things that make the $30 a year worth it to me. Have you checked collage or deepdiscountdvd for these titles? Not to take business away from Leslie, but a person's got to save money where you can!

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I looked at the set of 3 too but decided to just go with the 4 Really Big Miles. I like the fast ones.

I'm heading up to my room to do one now. Can't decide which one but I'll let you know when I'm done.

cbmare
01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
When am I gonna get to workout again? We were out looking for new luggage yesterday. I walked quite a bit. I just couldn't workout yesterday afternoon. I don't know what will happen today.

I ordered from Leslie's site 1 time. Her shipping costs are really high. I was a member for a few months. When I bought my set at Target, it came with a freebie membership. I just can't seem to justify her club costs. When I was a member, I did find the people there friendly and there were some very good chat threads.

cbmare
01-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Michele, I think I may have to hate you, too. I just went into deepdiscountdvd.com. I can't believe their prices! Some of them have free shipping! WOW!

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Ok, this is a first for me. I started the 4 mile challenge and I have horrible back pains and stomach cramps so I only did 3 miles of it. There was only 15 minutes left but i fee awful.

sotypical
01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Lynsey - sorry you don't feel well, but good for you for trying! 3 miles is still great!

I want to work out this morning, but I can't seem to get the motivation! I have a website I need to work on and it is so easy to just do that, but if I was smart I would be doing a walk before my boyfriend gets up and wants the TV. lol

I looked at some of the other sites, like deepdiscount and collagevideo and none of them are cheaper then the set at her site I only really want one of the DVD's in the set, the 4 fast miles, but for the price I might as well get the set. I actually didn't find her site that expensive for shipping, but I guess that is because I live in Canada and I am used to paying an arm and a leg for shipping and usually am thankfull that the store ships to Canada! haha

now if only I could work up the motivation to walk! I have a puppy sleeping in my lap now though, so it might be tuff ;)

sotypical
01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
So this morning I did Walk Strong with 2 pounds weights.

And then when I went out I found a DVD and bought it. It is Walk Away The Pounds Express and it has 3 Mile Advanced Walk and 4 Mile Super Challenge and it comes with a dark purple strechie. I am thinking it is going to be really similar to the 5 Mile Advanced DVD - anyone know?

I also bought a rebounder! Zellers had them for $60 and I jumped on it for like 30 seconds and it was so much fun and I almost broke a sweat already! So I bought it! I can't wait to get it set up and play with it! :)

Michele L
01-20-2008, 06:30 PM
I wanted to get a good workout in today, so I popped in the Walk Slim 3 Fast miles. I was feeling so good, I followed it up with the 2 mile fast start, too!

Courtnie, the Express workouts you got are GREAT! I don't find them all that similar to the 5 mile. The 3 mile uses the stretchie, but the 4 mile is just a good fast workout! I got replacement DVD's of that set for Christmas and LOVE them! Enjoy them (and your new rebounder)!

sotypical
01-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Michele - I was just worried the 3 mile would be the same as the 3 miles with the strechie on the 5 mile advanced dvd - guess I will have to try it! Hope to do the 4 miles tomorrow.

I tried my rebounder for 20 mintues, it was lots of fun - put my ipod on and just jumped danced around... was a little suprised that according to sparkp... that it only burns 92 calories for 20 min of jumping on a trampoline.

Shy Moment
01-21-2008, 12:40 AM
I have been doing my walking/aerobic videos on exercise days but with this darn pulled hamstring it takes me twice as long to do them. Guess they still count, keeps the body moving.

cathyxxx
01-21-2008, 10:20 AM

I did 2 miles this morning with the Walk Slim 2 fast miles dvd :cheer:

:cheer2: everybody is doing great :cheer2:

hugs,
Cathy

okie in il
01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Good morning all! :wave:

I did not do WATP this weekend, but I did get up Saturday and do Core Secrets Accelerated workout with the intention of doing WATP later in the day. But I got a wild hair & decided to paint part of my bathroom. So needless to say, I could hardly move Sunday morning so I skipped working out all together. I was going to get up this morning & get back on track, but since I didn't have to get the kids up for school this morning, I decided to sleep in a bit. :o I'll get back on it this evening.

I've been thinking about the Walk Slim DVDs. It sounds like they would be worth the money.

Hope everyone has a good day.

sotypical
01-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I did the 4 mile super challenge this morning, WOW tiring! But I managed to follow it up with 5 minutes on the rebounder!

My goal this week is to not spend ANY money! If I can do that, I can order the walk slim set on saturday! haha I spent too much money this weekend....

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

cbmare
01-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Well, again no workout for me.

I really hope to get a workout in this week. I just can't put much pressure on my foot. My foot exercises and rolly thing that I roll my feet over and helping. If I could do this workout on my hands, I would! eeewwww that's not a pretty image! :lol:

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I just love the 4 mile super challenge. It's one of my faves. That's why I can't wait to get 4 really big miles. I'm sure it's a little bit more of a push and that's what I like. I'm trying to figure out which one to do right now. I think I'll do that one.

sotypical
01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Lynsey - I defiantly want the 4 really big miles and the 4 fast miles! Need to spread out the buying though, haha.

Have fun with your walk!

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I did the 4 mile challenge. I just finished cause I ate first. I feel awesome. Kinda like I wanna do another. But after I sit here a minute that will go away.

Cheree
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
cbmare, hope your foot gets to feeling better soon. Are you going to go to a podiatrist you think if it doesn't get better soon?

I purchased the Firm TransFIRMation set (impulse buy when I saw a really good deal on it) in December, and finally got it out this morning and did the 55 minute Hi-Def Sculpt workout.

Then this afternoon I also did the Walk Away Your Waistline (with Walk Belt) 1 mile walk. I haven't done this workout before either. I'm not sure what to do...I kind of thought this might be the case, but my arms are so short, I don't feel much resistance with the Walk Belt at all. I could just use weights instead. Anyone else have this problem?

Great job everyone!

okie in il
01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Cheree - I just finished the 3 mile Walk Away the Waistline with the belt. I seem to feel resistance with the belt. This is only the 2nd time I've done it, though so I'm no really sure what it's supposed to feel like. Maybe you could try it with free weights, but still wear the belt so it keeps your core working too.

Hope everyone has a good night. I'm going to try to get up early enough to at least do a mile before work.

Michele L
01-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Another idea is to tie knots in the bands of your ab belt. In some of the videos, Leslie actually has done this and talks about it being OK. I also bought a second set of bands and do I FEEL IT when I do one of the workouts with 2 sets of bands :eek: !

I chose the treadmill tonight. I only had a little time between dropping off my DD for her dance class and turning around and picking her up again, so I got in 20 minutes.