Support Groups - Short Chicks--Jan 08

View Full Version : Short Chicks--Jan 08

Shay
01-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Good morning ladies! Happy New Year!

If you want to post your new year's resolutions you can.

Mine: To reach my ultimate goal weight of 120 lbs.

Enygirl
01-01-2008, 10:39 AM
:newyear:
Mine is to reach my Ultmate goal of #130. - in little bites of course :) That's why we have mini goals!
Also - to be more directed and determined at work - I've been pretty scattered since I switched departments - and It's my job to get this one into shape and make it run smoothly!

teacher1
01-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Happy New Year!!!!
Here's my plan-
Here's my plan for the New Year-
1. keep a food journal- try to stay under 1400 calories
2. do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week
3. do strength training 3 times a week
4. weight in everyday but only change my tracker on Sunday
5. yoga video at least once a week
6. reassess fitness plan at the end of each month

THE END GOAL IS 120 :)

starchild
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Happy New Year, Ladies!

My BIGGEST resolution is to remain CONSISTENT. This is a big one for me! My goals are to stay "on plan," lose the weight (122 lbs.), and most of all, inherit the notion that this is for life!!!

Best to everyone!

lillisa81
01-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to ww! My name is Lisa, I've got two little ones (6 & 3). I'm a wahm, which is tough working next to my kitchen! We just moved to FL from MA and I want to finally get these lbs off!! I'm 4'9" so pretty dang short! ;)

Jan goals are to stay on plan, and see a loss! :carrot:

Nice to "meet" everyone!

CherryAutumn
01-02-2008, 12:13 PM
My goals are:
1. To journal daily watching my calories
2. To try to get atleast 10 min. exercise daily during the week
3. To think positive

Shay
01-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Welcome newbies!

Lillisa81--I think you are our shortest so far :)! Your height highlights an issue very unique to us short ladies. The fact that you weigh 126 and your bmi identifies you as overweight. Don't even get me started...

teacher1
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone-
This is my first day counting calories and so far so good. It's going to take a lot of planning.

Diva
01-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi ya Shay! I'm a shorty too so I'll join y'all! :D

:welcome: to 3FC's Lisa!!!

My resolution is to not make any, lol! I do have a goal of finally making goal. I have a long way to go and 365 some odd days to get there. :)

BabyNicole
01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi short chicks! I'm one too. :D My ULTIMATE goal would be to weigh 135 or less. But, my immediate goal to be 155. I was 155 two years ago and I felt and looked great! So if I can get there, I'd be soooooo happy! :carrot: Then when I get to 155, if I want to keep going, then great...if not, that's great too. :D

BabyNicole
01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Happy New Year!!!!
Here's my plan-
Here's my plan for the New Year-
1. keep a food journal- try to stay under 1400 calories
2. do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week
3. do strength training 3 times a week
4. weight in everyday but only change my tracker on Sunday
5. yoga video at least once a week
6. reassess fitness plan at the end of each month

THE END GOAL IS 120 :)

I LOVE your cutie Schnauzer!!!!!

PS. I'm a teacher too, but have a Yorkie. :D

Shay
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Welcome Diva & BabyNicole!

Great job teacher1.

I'm been OP for two days so far I am happy with that.

chubby cat
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi All!
I like this group. First of all it addresses a huge issue, which I don't talk about that much...but boy!..I AM SHORT. I am a little under 4' 11". And I weigh 165 lbs. It's a bit excess I guess.

I am not really new on 3FC, I give up very easily. Last year I tried to work with a support group which was very supportive. But I am not motivated enough I guess :?:. I am just trying to work on my motivation.

CherryAutumn
01-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Well i am 5'4" and weighed in today at 210.5 so i have a long way to go. My goal is to reach anything under 200 for a mini goal and and i would like to get to around 165 or 170 and go from there.

Enygirl
01-03-2008, 11:59 AM
:welcome: all the newbies - and the ones just joining our group!

Shay - good job staying on plan!

I've been sick since last THursday - and although I'm still eating on plan I haven't been able to work out since then. I feel weak. I diud manage to do about 10 mins of pilates yesterday, but that's all I could take. I'm home from work again today because of this... ugh. I just want to feel better!

Shay
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Welcome chubby cat! Motivation is the something we all struggle with...I've gained and lost quite a bit a weight in my lifetime. All due to motivation. Stick with us and we will help you get through this :)!

CherryAutumn--Quite a few of us have a ways to go too but we will be with you on your journey. My BMI is really high--I'm considered morbidly obese so I feel ya!

Enygirl--Thanks! I am so proud of myself. Please take care of yourself and don't try to overdo it.

Enygirl
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I've been sleeping on and off all day - this sucks! I probably won't go in tomorrow either... I hate being sick! It feels like my head is going to explode!!! It's nuts.

give me some feel better vibes girls!!!

teacher1
01-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Enygirl- Feel better soon, it's hard to stay on a plan when you don't feel well

Baby Nicole- cute yorkie, I teach elementary special ed-what about u?

BabyNicole
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I've been sleeping on and off all day - this sucks! I probably won't go in tomorrow either... I hate being sick! It feels like my head is going to explode!!! It's nuts.

give me some feel better vibes girls!!!

Me too! I have the runs, tummy ache, and head ache! What about you?

BabyNicole
01-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Enygirl- Feel better soon, it's hard to stay on a plan when you don't feel well

Baby Nicole- cute yorkie, I teach elementary special ed-what about u?

I teach middle school and high school Spanish.

:dizzy:

melekalikimaka
01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Happy New Year ladies! :wave: I am hoping for good things to happen in 2008 and I know it is up to me to make them come to fruition. :strong: I will admit to having had a wonderful time in Las Vegas.... ate a lot of rich foods which I normally would not have touched (Lobster Newburg! :hun: and a daily dose of good chocolate), but I was on vacation and walking around a lot, plus it was the holidays so I figured why not enjoy myself? I came back 2 lbs heavier, but have committed myself back on my WW plan and hope to continue my downward trend from here on out. I will admit too that today was tough--still a lot of sweets around the house, but I did get two 3.5 miles walks in today so hopefully my metabolism will be kind to me. I recommit to my regular healthy eating plan and will send the chocolates to work w/my sister tomorrow.

Welcome aboard fellow newbie short chicks!!! :grouphug:

Nicole, that is a cute Yorkie you have there. I just looked at your stats and we are the same height! :high: I carry most of my weight in my belly and legs. Not much boobage to speak of for me, but a lot of junk in my trunk if you know what I mean :lol:

For those of you under the weather, I hope you all feel better soon.

Hey, I am 5'3" and have trouble finding jeans that fit right. The ones I do find that fit my behind have a bit of a gap at the back of my waist. I found a few great pairs by Lee before I went on vacation, but also found the new "right fit" Venezia jeans in Lane Bryant fit pretty darn good too, with no gap in the waist. I am a right fit yellow, size 2 Petite (I dunno why they reverted to these types of numbers.... I know I am a 14 or 16 in Lane Bryant clothes!) . These jeans look awesome with boots w/a slight heel on them. I also found another beautiful pair of jeans in Ann Taylor...a little pricier than I would like, but really nice looking and I bought them with some money my hubby won at craps, so why not splurge a little? :lol: Sorry to drone on and on about jeans, but I was so happy to find some good looking ones that actually "shrank" my ample booty! :lol: Do you guys have any good fashion finds to share?

BabyNicole
01-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Happy New Year ladies! :wave: I am hoping for good things to happen in 2008 and I know it is up to me to make them come to fruition. :strong: I will admit to having had a wonderful time in Las Vegas.... ate a lot of rich foods which I normally would not have touched (Lobster Newburg! :hun: and a daily dose of good chocolate), but I was on vacation and walking around a lot, plus it was the holidays so I figured why not enjoy myself? I came back 2 lbs heavier, but have committed myself back on my WW plan and hope to continue my downward trend from here on out. I will admit too that today was tough--still a lot of sweets around the house, but I did get two 3.5 miles walks in today so hopefully my metabolism will be kind to me. I recommit to my regular healthy eating plan and will send the chocolates to work w/my sister tomorrow.

Welcome aboard fellow newbie short chicks!!! :grouphug:

Nicole, that is a cute Yorkie you have there. I just looked at your stats and we are the same height! :high: I carry most of my weight in my belly and legs. Not much boobage to speak of for me, but a lot of junk in my trunk if you know what I mean :lol:

For those of you under the weather, I hope you all feel better soon.

Hey, I am 5'3" and have trouble finding jeans that fit right. The ones I do find that fit my behind have a bit of a gap at the back of my waist. I found a few great pairs by Lee before I went on vacation, but also found the new "right fit" Venezia jeans in Lane Bryant fit pretty darn good too, with no gap in the waist. I am a right fit yellow, size 2 Petite (I dunno why they reverted to these types of numbers.... I know I am a 14 or 16 in Lane Bryant clothes!) . These jeans look awesome with boots w/a slight heel on them. I also found another beautiful pair of jeans in Ann Taylor...a little pricier than I would like, but really nice looking and I bought them with some money my hubby won at craps, so why not splurge a little? :lol: Sorry to drone on and on about jeans, but I was so happy to find some good looking ones that actually "shrank" my ample booty! :lol: Do you guys have any good fashion finds to share?

Hi Noelle! I pretty much hold my weight all over! It shows a lot in my face. And I do have junk in the trunk and under the hood! :dizzy: I took a pic of myself with tight shorts and a tank to see how big I was, and I almost died. :o I can't wait to do an official weigh in on Monday to see if I can lower my ticker! :D

lillisa81
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome newbies!

Lillisa81--I think you are our shortest so far :)! Your height highlights an issue very unique to us short ladies. The fact that you weigh 126 and your bmi identifies you as overweight. Don't even get me started...

Yeah I don't think I'm overweight at all, but I definitely have lbs to lose and tone up :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

teacher1, love your schnauzer! I miss my schnauzer. They are such great dogs!

CherryAutumn
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Shay(?) - Thanks for the encouragement. Not that i would wish this on anyone else but it is nice to know i am not alone in this sometimes. Yep i am labeled as morbidly obese also.

I struggle with depression but this week i have found some of my focus to be healthy again. I am clinging to it and trying not to let it get away from me again. This seems like a nice group of supportive ladies and i would like to stick around.

Shay
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Enygirl--I think its great that you are taking care of yourself. Sometimes we go back to work too soon and that just makes it worse.

Noelle--Thanks again for the info about the jeans. I'm thinking in the next week or so I need to go buy me a few pairs of jeans. I will start at Kohl's. Their jeans fit me well--Lee, Levis, Wranglers. I will then try Old Navy--I've had luck there. If still no luck I will go to Lane Bryant. I like having options. Two pounds isn't too bad. You'll get that off in no time.

lillisa81--I just noticed you're from Tampa. Are you a Gator fan? I was born in St. Pete and graduated from UF.

CherryAutumn--That's what I'm/we're here for. 3FC is a support group for me. Its available 24/7.

teacher1
01-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone-
Boy I'm glad the weekend is here. I hope everyone gets better soon :)

lillisa81
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
lillisa81--I just noticed you're from Tampa. Are you a Gator fan? I was born in St. Pete and graduated from UF.

No, I'm not a sports fan :p I'm new to Tampa. I'm from Boston and only been here since the end of Sept.

Karen31
01-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Hello Everyone, Glad to see everyone here. It sounds like we all survived the Holidays.

Noelle, so glad that you had such a good time in Vegas. That is kind of how I was thinking when I decided to just forget about weighing in and trying to keep track of food through the holidays. Of course, I ended up putting 9 pounds back on and I already changed my ticker Darn it! But that's OK I will lose those 9 pounds and also the other 31 too! Just have made up my mind and that should be half the battle right there! Thanks for the info. on the jeans. I'll have to see if I can find some.

I hope everyone starts feeling better real soon! So far we have been lucky (KNOCK ON WOOD) and haven't been sick this year.

Baby-Nicole--- Your yorkie is really cute!! Did I miss a post where you gave her name?

Here is a couple pictures of Ginger and Sissy in their "Christmas Dresses"

Have a good night everyone!! Take care

BabyNicole
01-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Your babies are so cute!!! :carrot: My name is Nicole, and my Yorkie's name is Baby. Hence, BabyNicole. hehehehe :D

Here is a pic of my Baby in her Christmas dress. They were also my cards this year.

Hello Everyone, Glad to see everyone here. It sounds like we all survived the Holidays.

Noelle, so glad that you had such a good time in Vegas. That is kind of how I was thinking when I decided to just forget about weighing in and trying to keep track of food through the holidays. Of course, I ended up putting 9 pounds back on and I already changed my ticker Darn it! But that's OK I will lose those 9 pounds and also the other 31 too! Just have made up my mind and that should be half the battle right there! Thanks for the info. on the jeans. I'll have to see if I can find some.

I hope everyone starts feeling better real soon! So far we have been lucky (KNOCK ON WOOD) and haven't been sick this year.

Baby-Nicole--- Your yorkie is really cute!! Did I miss a post where you gave her name?

Here is a couple pictures of Ginger and Sissy in their "Christmas Dresses"

Have a good night everyone!! Take care

CherryAutumn
01-05-2008, 08:53 AM
We just got a puppy a couple weeks ago. He is a Miniature Dachshund short hair. He is so cute and tiny. The only problem is now i am potty training a puppy and a 2 1/2 yr. old little girl. LOL

BabyNicole
01-05-2008, 08:58 AM
We just got a puppy a couple weeks ago. He is a Miniature Dachshund short hair. He is so cute and tiny. The only problem is now i am potty training a puppy and a 2 1/2 yr. old little girl. LOL

Good luck! :dizzy: LOL

teacher1
01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone :)

Nicole- I saw on your blog you weighted 155 last year. Are you following a set plan? Just wondering for any tips. I'm trying to keep a daily food journal, calorie count, and exercise.

BabyNicole
01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone :)

Nicole- I saw on your blog you weighted 155 last year. Are you following a set plan? Just wondering for any tips. I'm trying to keep a daily food journal, calorie count, and exercise.

The 155 was two years ago. :( I actually went on Jenny Craig two years ago. I'm kinda sick of their food, so I'm trying Deliciously Yours. I will start that on Friday! :carrot:

Enygirl
01-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Well I'm feeling better today - still not 100% - but much better! I may try a short yoga video tonight (10ish mins) to work myself back into working out. I'm still pretty tired though. I do feel good enough to be disgusted with the mound of dirty clothes that has taken over in my laundry room - so that's what I'm working on now! :)

I'll work out after DD goes to bed... I'll keep you all posted on how things go. Official weigh in is tomorrow - but I'm also revamping my goals to reflect #7 down from tomorrow - it's not fair to cheat myself out of the work of losing #7 a month! so tomorrow the tickers will change to show my new weight and new goal (I'm thinking #175! - Wouldn't that be SWEET???:D)

mariarose
01-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi ladies! I'm not as short as some people here, but I have a really tiny frame and little bones, so a lot of the same issues apply to me ie a few pounds making a really huge difference.
My BMI is healthy but I still look really pudgy to most people because my weight has no where to hang really, or it can't really spread out if that makes any sense.
My new years goals are to actually be more petite like my bones want me to be. My feet and ankles are always hurting since I gained the extra weight and I think they are just not cut out for it. My feet are a size 5.5 and I can wrap a hand around my ankle, so it seems like they were meant for a daintier person than I am :( Hopefully losing some more weight will take off some of the pressure. My knees have already stopped hurting since I started losing weight!

Happy 2008!

Shay
01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Welcome Mariarose! Aren't our bodies amazing? They just let us know when they can't take it anymore. It seems like you are doing fantastic so far. We look foward to hearing more from you!

melekalikimaka
01-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Welcome Maria! :wave: Congratulations on your weight loss so far. You are doing wonderfully. Hehe, your post got me thinking... you are 5'4" and your shoe size is 5.5.

I am 5'3" and my shoe size is 9.5 :lol: Just wondering what you other gals' shoe sizes are, just out of curiosity :chin: And I know my shoe size stays at size 9 when I lose the weight, I may not have to buy "wide" anymore, but it still stays at 9.

lillisa81
01-06-2008, 12:35 AM
my shoe size is 5.5, if I could ever find wide they would be more comfortable. Although most of my shoes are a size 6 since 5.5 is hard to find most of the time.

mariarose
01-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks gals! Lilisa do you ever buy girls shoes? They aren't very sophisticated of course but they are great for ballet flats and flip flops that fit (and cheaper too!)

CherryAutumn
01-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Teacher1 - I am also doing a daily journal, calorie counting, and exercise.

I am 5' 4" and my shoe size is a 10 and sometimes an 11 if i try to get a pair of boots.
Also i am big boned. No i am not making excuses it is true. I heard if you take your thumb and middle finger and put them around your wrist if they can't meet around the bone you are big boned. Not sure if it is true. LOL Anyway acording to that test i am def. big boned.

Enygirl
01-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Good morning girls! So the official weigh in after being sick (and having a HUGE binge day yesterday) is #184.4. I still can't do a full work out - my body's not at 100% yet. I need to work it slowly inorder to get back into things. I have a 5K walk on the 26th that I need to be training for - and I can't if my head feels like it's going to explode!

So I've decided to keep my goal the same - out of the #180's by kickoff of the Super bowl - and focus more on getting healthy and building muscle back. I also know I need to up my water intake again - I've been slacking.

Maria - I LOVE buying Kids shoes! (I'm a size 5.5 - 6) Good to see I'm not the only one! I especially like their tennis shoe styles better - I'm a skater chick a heart, and women's shoes generally don't have the black, bright pink, and other colors I love :D

Cherry - I've heard that too... if yor middle finger & thumb cross then your small framed, if they touch your a medium and if they don't then your a large frame. Not sure how true it is either - but it seems to work with people I know.

Shay
01-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Noelle--I'm 4'11" and I wear a 7.5 wide. Once I lose weight I just won't have to wear a wide any longer.

Cherry--I have been in two contests for work and that's actually how they determine what size "frame" you had. The problem I have with it that it depends on the size of the hand the person measuring you. I have been deemed small and medium on two separate occasions.

Enygirl--Congrats on the weight loss.

teacher1
01-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Morning everyone,
I get to move my ticker down 1 pound. Not a very impressive number but baby steps :)

I wear size 6 shoes.

Karen31
01-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Good Morning everyone! It's cold her with about 3 inches of snow on the ground! YUCK! Nothing special planned today just staying warm.

Oh-- my shoe size is 6 -61/2 Pretty interesting question Nicolle

lillisa81
01-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks gals! Lilisa do you ever buy girls shoes? They aren't very sophisticated of course but they are great for ballet flats and flip flops that fit (and cheaper too!)

I have bought the occasional sneaker in girls sizes, but for flip flops and shoes I like a little more height to the shoe ;)

callmelorena
01-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi girls!!
Im fairly new here, have been doing a lot of looking around, and reading peoples progess stories.. they are amazing...
i am a smidge over 5 feet, and 142 pounds.. my goal is to be at 120 by Cinco de Mayo ( may 5th)...
oh yeah, my shoe size is 7 but i get a lot of girls size 5 shoes to...

melekalikimaka
01-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Hello short chicks and Happy(?) Monday! :wave:

Welcome to 3FC Lorena, this place is definitely inspiring.

I remember wearing size 7.5 women's shoes in the 5th grade. My feet reached it's size 9-9.5 by the time I was 14 :( :lol: My 8 y.o. son has big feet as well, he currently wears a men's size 5.5 or 6.

As for the body-type or frame size, the wrist and finger test is supposed to be measured by using your own hand around your wrist if I remember correctly. Having someone else measure your wrist with their hand just wouldn't make sense. :lol:

Here's a link I found regarding body type which includes the wrist test:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

According to the test I am between an EndoMorph and MesoMorph, my frame size is medium. :dizzy:

Shay
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome Lorena!

Noelle--I thought the same thing too about measuring around my wrist but I thought well they know what they are doing. I took that test and I got the same as you.

teacher1
01-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Hello all-
Wow, today has been a weird day. I got up and actually exercised before school. I felt great but I've had the munchies all day. Today is the first day I'll go over my target calorie intake but I'm hoping to get this in control.

BabyNicole
01-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey Short chicks! I weighed myself this morning, and I lost 2.5 pounds. :carrot: I also bought Alli today! :carrot: Any of you take it?

Shay
01-07-2008, 10:06 PM
teacher1--Its only one day and it sounds like you're on top of it.

Nicole--Congrats on the weight loss. To be honest I'm scared to take pills. I haven't heard bad things about Alli though. I hear its a lower dose of Xenical. The only thing I've heard about Xenical is if you don't want to have an accident stick with lowfat foods.

Enygirl
01-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Lorena - :welcome: Sounds like a very goods and achievable goal - we're here to help! :)

Teach - don't worry about one day - sometimes your bodyt needs the extra calories... you've recognized it, and you can change things and move on.. don't let it bring you down!

Nicole - Great job on the loss! It feels good doesn't it?

Ok girls - It's time for me to wind down - I have to get up in 5 1/2 hours for work ! AHH!!! :tired:

CherryAutumn
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Ladies
I am still here and enjoy reading everyones posts. I am switching my anti depressant meds and am having bad withdrawl symptoms from Cymbalta. Never get on it in the first place if you have a choice. That stuff will swing you for a loop.:dizzy: I am trying to get my focus back on my healthy eating.

BabyNicole
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
teacher1--Its only one day and it sounds like you're on top of it.

Nicole--Congrats on the weight loss. To be honest I'm scared to take pills. I haven't heard bad things about Alli though. I hear its a lower dose of Xenical. The only thing I've heard about Xenical is if you don't want to have an accident stick with lowfat foods.
Thanks! Yes, Alli is Xenical, only a lower dosage. And yes, if you don't stick to low fat foods you may have an oily stools. :o But, I'm sticking to low fat! And if I cheat, it will be on a weekend! LOL

callmelorena
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey fellow shorties..i hope everyone is having a great day. I went to the gym today, and i am pooped out. I have started using the infrared sauna we have.. they say you can burn 300 calories in this type of sauna... has anyone else tried it?? Do you really think it would make a difference..:p

teacher1
01-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone-

I'm not sure about sauna and burning 300 calories.
Nicole- I can't even consider Alli because I take medicine so it might be risky.

I was on plan today. It's only been a few days but I'm proud of my baby steps.

BabyNicole
01-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone-

I'm not sure about sauna and burning 300 calories.
Nicole- I can't even consider Alli because I take medicine so it might be risky.

I was on plan today. It's only been a few days but I'm proud of my baby steps.

You can always ask your doctor...unless you're taking meds that are contraindicated.

CONTRAINDICATIONS

alli is contraindicated in patients who have had an organ transplant or are taking medicine to reduce organ rejection, patients who are taking cyclosporine, and in patients with known problems absorbing food or are allergic to any of the ingredients in an alli capsule.

Enygirl
01-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Nicole - I'm curious - what made you decide to use a supplement? Are you ever afraid that if you lose all the weight you want to while you're on this and then stop taking it that you'll gain it all back? I don't want to sound judgemental - I'm honestly just curious because those were some of my concerns when I was determing the best course for me to lose weight.

Karen31
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Hello Everyone! Just a quick fly by here also--- I just got home from having a bone density test (never had one before) and the good news it is all in the normal range! YAY!!! The bad news ---- I always thought that I was 5' tall but now I'm 4'11" short!! I did change it in my profile too. Guess I was just shorter than I thought!

When we left here about 11:30 this morning it was nice ouside, blue skies and sunshine. Coming back up the mountain 2 hours later we were traveling in a blizzard!! Always glad to get back home when it is snowing so much!

Anyway, need to get some supper started and just kick back for a little while. Take care.

teacher1
01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Hello all-
Busy day at work. I need the weekend to get here fast. Good day with food and exercise. Have a great night :)

BabyNicole
01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Nicole - I'm curious - what made you decide to use a supplement? Are you ever afraid that if you lose all the weight you want to while you're on this and then stop taking it that you'll gain it all back? I don't want to sound judgemental - I'm honestly just curious because those were some of my concerns when I was determing the best course for me to lose weight.

You don't sound judgmental! :D I've decided to give Alli a try because I'm currently on a low fat/low calorie diet and that kind of diet works very well with Alli. Alli is a fat blocker and it will help you lose 50% more weight than just dieting alone. So, even if I go off Alli, I will still keep eating healthily (hopefully), I just won't lose as much as if I were taking Alli.

Enygirl
01-09-2008, 07:38 PM
That makes perfect sense - I don't think I have the self control though. I'd see it as I can eat more and lose the same while on it.... yea - I think I better stick witht he current plan that's working for me :) Although _ I do look forward to getting updates from you - what day do you weigh in?

BabyNicole
01-09-2008, 07:44 PM
That makes perfect sense - I don't think I have the self control though. I'd see it as I can eat more and lose the same while on it.... yea - I think I better stick witht he current plan that's working for me :) Although _ I do look forward to getting updates from you - what day do you weigh in?

I do an official weigh in (in my house LOL) on Mondays. So, hopefully every Monday my ticker will go down! :carrot:

Twentytogo
01-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been browsing these threads for 2 days and since I'm "short" thought I might fit in here. I am still learing my way around this forum. I am mainly looking for support to loose 20 pound once and for all. I have been as heavy as 50 llbs overwieght and luckily have not gained back all the lost weight. After loosing about 50, I did gain back about 25 within 5 years. I'm so done with it now, and want it gone! I think about my weight constantly throughout the day. Sooooo, anyhow, I hope I can get help here.:^:

BabyNicole
01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been browsing these threads for 2 days and since I'm "short" thought I might fit in here. I am still learing my way around this forum. I am mainly looking for support to loose 20 pound once and for all. I have been as heavy as 50 llbs overwieght and luckily have not gained back all the lost weight. After loosing about 50, I did gain back about 25 within 5 years. I'm so done with it now, and want it gone! I think about my weight constantly throughout the day. Sooooo, anyhow, I hope I can get help here.:^:

:welcome3: :wel3fc: :welcome: :welcome2: fellow short chick! Congrats on the previous loss! Think about this...gaining 25 back in 5 years is not that bad! I gained 60 back in 2. :cry::cry::cry::cry: I know gaining any weight back hurts, but you've found us now and will be a loser like us! :D

Enygirl
01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
ttg - :welcome: We're fun - supportive and all virtically challenged! Post often about how everything is going - and how you're doing in life as well as losing that last #20!

Where in the mid-mitten are you? I'm in Grand Blanc (just south of Flint)

Shay
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Karen31--LOL about being 4'11"! Join the rest of us. I never knew there were so many women that are the same height as me until I came to this website.

Twentytogo--Welcome !That's what we're here for. To provide encouragement and support

teacher1--I can't wait until the weekend either and that's a shame because I have had two 3 day weeks in a row..

Twentytogo
01-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Wow, thanks new friends, just what I need. I'll try to keep up with all your "names".
Evygirl: I am in Flint, acutually Davison is just across the street. I have many friends in grand Blanc. One works at the school system!

I previously lost 50 one year after the birth of my third child. Actually, come to think of it, its been more like 10 years, but mainly past 5 I have been struggling with about 20 pounds. I've been down 10 of it at times, but never the last 10, then this past year, pretty much put on 10 again. I'm frustrated because I really need to stop the yoyo and get it under control. All of you who are short, know that 20 pounds IS alot of weight on that frame. I want to be here to get supported and give as well, since I have been thru a big weight loss in the past. I will do my best to keep in touch often! Thanks to everyone who welcomed me in!

Twentytogo
01-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Can some of you catch me and perhaps some other new ones how you are currently loosing weight? I am always looking for new ideas! :) Thanks

Shay
01-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Twentytogo--I am using the flex point system with WW. I love it. I've been on many diets over the years and its the one that works the best for me. I get 28 pts a day currently. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and drink at least 72 oz of water. Exercise--a struggle for me. Once I get going it definitely speeds up my weight loss and I truly enjoy it. Its the getting started that's hard. I like to do a variety of exercises because I get bored easily. Walking/running on the treadmill, urban rebounder, stability ball, weights, resistance bands, pilates, taebo, walk away the pounds, yoga, biggest loser workouts.

Enygirl
01-10-2008, 08:21 AM
ttg - That's cool that we're so close :) As for my "big plan" I've been counting calories - staying within 1100-1300 a day and doing at least 20 mins of workout a day (6 days a week) sometimes I do more - Just anything to get my butt moving!

lillisa81
01-10-2008, 09:39 AM
I started WW right after xmas. I really like it and feel I can keep with it long term. I've tried South Beach in the past and lost w/ that, but never moved out of phase 1 for fear I would gain. Since then I've had a very unhealthy look at eating especially carbs. I was also counting calories w/ SB and staying at or below 1200. I was only true to plan for about 8 weeks and dropped 10lbs.

So right now I'm doing Weight Watchers Flex at home on my own. I have 3 full meals and 3-4 snacks a day and I'm only allowed 20 pts. For working out I try to run 3 miles most days. I work out w/ DH on our weight system every morning taking Monday and Fridays off. On the off days I try to get in a walk at least. I also try to mix up the cardio by doing Yoga Booty Ballet, or Tae Bo ampd. I have a treadmill but I hate it, I'd much rather get outside and walk/run! Now that I live in FL it's possible year round.

Today is the last day of week 2 for me, I'll weigh in tomorrow. Last week on weigh in I lost 2lbs. Hoping for the same this week, but not sure since it's TOM.

CherryAutumn
01-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I am counting calories and trying to get some form of movement and exercise into each day.

melekalikimaka
01-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Hello short chicks. I went to my WW WI last night and lost 3.8 lbs--the 2 lbs that I "won" in Vegas plus a bonus 1.8 gone, so I'm pretty much back on track with losing again. I am going to try and hit the Y for the very first time tonight with my sister. She gave me a one-month trial gift certificate for my b-day last month, we are doing WW together.

Welcome twentytogo! :wave:

Hi lillisa81! Did you buy the WW at-home kit? I have tried and tried to do the program "on my own", but I need the weekly accountability of weighing in to the leader at a center--it really keeps me focused during the week. I tend to slack off when it's just me weighing myself :^: --but that's just me. Good luck on your WI!

Yikes Karen, where did the 1" go??? :lol: You can tease your hair up a little higher and no one but the doctor will know the difference ;)

Hi to everyone (I'm still trying to get everyone's name straight) and have a great day!

callmelorena
01-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Can some of you catch me and perhaps some other new ones how you are currently loosing weight? I am always looking for new ideas! :) Thanks

I personally dont really have a "system" I dont count cals i just try to make healthier choices, also if i want something i let myself have it, just in moderation...i drink water like its going out of style, and that makes a HUGE difference. I hit the gym 4-5 times a week and take classes such as zumba, desperate housewives, and kickboxing...It has worked for me so far.. but i am also interested in what the other shorties are doing:D

teacher1
01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone-
Welcome twentytogo :)

I count calories, keep a food journal, and exercise.

Karen31
01-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Hello Everyone.

Well, we didn't get that much snow afterall-- only about 2 inches but it sure came down fast there while we were driving home.

Noelle, Congrats on the 3.8 pounds gone!! :carrot: That is Wonderful! I weigh tomorrow so I'm hoping to see at least a couple gone.

Hi twentytogo--- I am using slimfast and also counting points. That seems to work for me. And I bought a Gazelle and I really like it. But so far I've only been able to do 15 minutes at a time on it.

I guess now that I'm an inch shorter I really need to get this weight off! ;)
Likenoother-- When I was first married years ago--(1970) we were going to buy this little yellow Triumph Spitfire convertible--- I loved it. But before we finalized the deal I decided that I should really drive it since it was going to be my car. Yeah, you guessed it--- I couldn't reach the pedals!!! Sure was disappointed! Crazy things that we have to go through huh!

Well, Just wanted to pop in for a minute. Hello to everyone else. Will try to get caught up soon.

lillisa81
01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Hello short chicks. I went to my WW WI last night and lost 3.8 lbs--the 2 lbs that I "won" in Vegas plus a bonus 1.8 gone, so I'm pretty much back on track with losing again. I am going to try and hit the Y for the very first time tonight with my sister. She gave me a one-month trial gift certificate for my b-day last month, we are doing WW together.

Hi lillisa81! Did you buy the WW at-home kit? I have tried and tried to do the program "on my own", but I need the weekly accountability of weighing in to the leader at a center--it really keeps me focused during the week. I tend to slack off when it's just me weighing myself :^: --but that's just me. Good luck on your WI!

Congrats on your weight loss!!

I'm just doing it on my own at home. I have a friend sending me her kit from last year. I've read and use tools online (not the ww online site though). I've been able to stay on track so far. Today is the first day of week 3 :) I weighed in this am and I'm down another lb!

Enygirl
01-11-2008, 09:29 AM
WTG - Lisa! :bravo: I love seeing everyone on track! :)

teacher1
01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone,
It was a rough day at work. I'm soooo glad the weekend is here :)

BabyNicole
01-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone,
It was a rough day at work. I'm soooo glad the weekend is here :)

AMEN to that! TGIF! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

mariarose
01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
To answer the earlier question, I count calories and exercise (usually walking or jogging and some weights).

Twentytogo
01-12-2008, 12:18 AM
:cool:w

Everyone seems way cool here, and I thank everyone for being so welcoming. You probably will not see me on here everyday due to my schedule but I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and ofcourse, getting rid of my 20, once and for all. In the past, I found for me I can only lose weight by exercising. I think all the years of yoyo dieting have really messed up my metobaolism. I gave up fast foods and pop years ago. My biggest downfall, my sweet tooth. I do not buy sweets for around my house, but if they are in front me elsewhere, I binge like crazy. YIKES! I really need to learn self control...:nono:

Shay
01-12-2008, 09:28 AM
lillisa & Noelle--Congrats on the weight loss. I weigh in tomorrow. I lost 5 last week so I know it will be less this week. I weigh everyday but my official weigh in is tomorrow.

Nicole--I like the thingy under your picture: Choosing 2...

I seriously went grocery shopping this week. I need to get back into the habit of going every week. Matter of fact I probably will go again today. This way I never have an excuse. I always have what I need. Going to the grocery store is just a reminder of how short I am.

Twentytogo
01-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Good Morning everyone. Well, today is what I am calling day 1. Back with proper eating, back with a workout. I have to go to the dreaded grocery store. I have never liked grocery shopping. Actually it's not because I feel tempted to buy bad things, its mainly because I am not much a cook, but have to. LOL. I am going to make a list and suck it up.

teacher1
01-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi all,
Tomorrow is when I move my ticker but today I am at 172. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed at I'll still be at 172 tomorrow :)

Shay
01-12-2008, 12:41 PM
teacher1--Congrats on the "unofficial" loss. My scale says I'm down 2 also but my weigh in is tomorrow too.

melekalikimaka
01-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey ladies, congrats on the pounds lost--even on your "unofficial" weigh in day. My WW leader always says the scale is just a tool that tells you what your body is doing at that moment in time. It is not the be all end all. So celebrate the little things. :dizzy:

Shay, you mentioning being reminded how short you are when you go to the grocery store, I had co-worker whose wife was really tiny, probably 4'9"? on a tall day. Anyway, she had her two kids with her while shopping, one son was around 6 (he looked like he was 3) and the other who was 3 but looked like he was 1 just because they were all tiny people. The 3 year old was sitting in the shopping cart and having a tantrum while his mom wheeled the cart around the store with the other son trailing behind. A man stopped her with her screaming child and asked her, "little girl, where is your mommy?" :eek: :lol: :mad: She was so mad and answered him "I am their mom!" and walked off. :lol: He didn't believe her because she has a really young sounding voice. He went off and got the security guard to talk to her thinking she was a neglected child in charge of her two little brothers :lol: .

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Have a great weekend all. :wave:

Shay
01-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Noelle--OMG that is so freaking funny but I know your friend was frustrated! Regarding weight loss, I'm doing measurements too so that will help me see the bigger picture.

teacher1
01-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning,
I'm soooo happy today. The scale is at 171 :) down 3 pounds since last Sunday.

Karen31
01-13-2008, 11:24 AM
YAY!!!! Congrats teacher1!!! That is fantastic!!!

Shay
01-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats teacher1! I'm down 3 also!

Enygirl
01-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Good morning girls - yes it's noon and I just crawled out of bed! I had a crappy Friday and Saturday w/ the boyfriend - and then last night after he got home form work things were much better. Amazing what can happen when you actually talk! :)

So After 2 days of complete binging and TOM coming (which always makes me gain) the official weigh in is #183.4 - down #1 from last week. :yay:

Teach & Shay - crongrats on your losses as well - WE ROCK THIS YEAR!!!

Karen31
01-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Good Morning! I guess I must have forgot to post when I weighed on Friday!! Must be old age!!! ;) Anyway, I am also down 1 pound for the week!! As long as it keeps going down I'll take each and every pound!! Have a Great Day!!! :)

CherryAutumn
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Wow ladies! Congratulations on so many losing pounds this last week.:carrot:
I wish that i could say the same. I have really been struggling with my anti depressant meds going nuts and very low self esteem. I feel like i had been doing so well and now my weight is going up and up. I have to get back on the wagon ladies can someone throw me a rope back here.:^:

teacher1
01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Cherry,
Here's a rope, grab on! You've lost 23 pounds, that's great :) I'm sure the scale will cooperate soon.

Twentytogo
01-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I have tried several times today to log on and the sight kept telling me wrong username/password. That was impossible. To log on I had to finally just reset my password.

Anyhow, TOMORROW IS MONDAY. iT IS MY LEAST FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK. MONDAYS ARE USUALLY SUPER BUSY AT THE OFFICE AND I CART MY DAUGHTER TO DANCE/GYMNASTICS.

Mondays also mean it is the most difficult day to get in a workout. My goal is to try and get in 30 minute cardio.

Teacher: wow great job! :carrot:

lillisa81
01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Great Job Teacher1!

I had a few days off plan and no workouts, but I'm back on track today!

CherryAutumn
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Teacher1 - Thanks for the rope. ;) I am not tying it around myself so that even if i fall down i will be dragged behind the wagon.

lillisa81 - We can get back on track together.

Karen31
01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies, Just thought that I would say Hello! They are predicting lots of cold weather and snow for us starting tomorrow night! Like the high temp. of 7 and a low temp of -10!! Too cold to do anything outside. I did pretty good on exercise the last couple days. I started out with 15 minutes on the ab lounge (300 crunches) and then did 15 minutes on the treadmill and then 20 minutes on the Gazelle. Then I tried the elliptical again and did just 5 minutes! But at least I kept moving! Just want to keep it up and keep adding more time!

Well, guess I'd better get busy. Need to get a little house work done her this morning and then try to get all the exercise in again!

Hope everybody has a great day!

Enygirl
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Karen - you're doing AWESOME! me - not so much. I've been slacking on the workouts. I need to get back into them desperately - just move for at least 20 mins. a day would help!

I'll get back at it tonight.. there's never a better time to do it then now!

teacher1
01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Hello ladies,
Well today was a day of munching, on good food but probably more than needed. So I guess this will be a constant battle to keep pushing myself to be in control.

Twentytogo
01-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Well hubby and I had a weekend of clenaing closets, lol. We usually do not work well together but this time we did and it feels so good to have a big ,much needed project out of the way.

I had a great "diet day", actually I'm even a little under calories today. But Mondays are easy for that to happen because I'm on the go so much. It's already almost 9 pm. Bad part is, I did not get my 30 minute workout in :(.

This sight will not let me put a weight ticker on until I reach 25 posts? Guess I'll get posting! I forgot t0weigh myself this morning. I have to make it a habit again.

I am really excited about all of your successes and will be looking up to all you guys as i get back on track.

Enygirl
01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
20tg - I feel you. It's 10:30 and I didn't get a workout in today either. I got home from work at 4 - started working again at 4:30 and finished at 9:30. The overtime is nice - but GEEZ! I wish I could say I'm under cals today - but alas I'm about 300 over today - seems to be my theme for Mondays... ugh.

TOM's almost gone - I'm hoping to see a nice drop when he leaves :)

Twentytogo
01-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Well, i posted earlier that I did not work out, but I sucked it up and got on my stepper in front of TV. That was a little strange for me because usually when i do cardio (in the past, because its been about 6 months or more since I have done reg workouts), i go at it to music. So anyway, I was going thru recorded programs from my tivo and stopped to see the topic Oprah had. It was about obesity. Go figure. Anyway, I stepped the entire show, which was only about 30 minutes because I fast forward thru the ads.

Enygirl: I'm glad to read you are feeling better, still can't believe how close you are, small world.

Shay
01-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone,
Congrats on the losses Enygirl and Karen!

teacher1 & cherryautumn--I struggle everyday to stay on plan. Some days I do better than others.

ttg--great job on your determination to get that workout in!

Twentytogo
01-15-2008, 01:36 PM
I am so impressed witheverybodys progress. I am so glad I found this thread.

Karen31: WOW - 300 crunches? Do you do them all at one time or spread out in sessions? I have a stability ball that I use for crunches but never have I done that many. You are a huge inspiration that it can be done!

I started to use Fitday to monitor my food intake and workouts, but I have to admit, I am not convinced I will keep that up. It's so time consuming. I generally get home around 5:30, then there is the usual mom stuff. I think it might be best to not take the chance to get caught up in that when I could be using valuable time to workout. I did get in a very late workout last night, but generally, I would rather get it in between 6:30 and 8.

i have tried to keep food journals in the past, but found I quit that as soon as I fall off the diet wagon. I think if I do have a bad food day, I should do the reverse and punch everything in. I think seeing things in writing in front of me would be a deterent.

Hope everyone has a motivating, uplifting, "sweating workout" KIND OF DAY :carrot::carrot::carrot:

teacher1
01-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Okay, this was a bad day. The kids were horrible to say it nicely. Plus, I didn't workout and don't plan on it. I'm sitting here in my PJs playing on the computer.

Twentytogo
01-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't watch alot of tv, but I did get hooked on American Idol during season 4. It starts tonite. Since I am determined to get 60 minutes of cardio, my plan is to use my mini stepper while watching and use stability ball for cruunches!
ONE HOUR TO GO...:exercise:

Enygirl
01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm once again just getting home after a long day - and now I'm working. I swear I need to workout sometime! this is day 3 of this week - and I haven't worked out at all.

Maybe I should just say screw work - and do at least a 20 minute in home walk... ugh... actually that's what I'm going to do. Work can wait a 1/2 hour!!! I'll check back later - AFTER I do some exercise!!! :running:

teacher1
01-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I was back on track today with my exercise. I was still a little out of control with my food.

CherryAutumn
01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
i have to remind myself sometimes that i am not the only one having such a hard time.

Enygirl
01-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Cherry - there'es and Ann Landers quote that I think about (and actually have posted in my cube) that helps w/ my "poor me" moments - "When life's probelms seen overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate."

Not that I don't think everyone has rough times, hardships and needs sympathy from time-to-time.. but it helps to put things in perspective.

I bought a new Yoga/pilates DVD last night... i'm excited to try it out tonight! :D

Down to #180.8 this mornign .. I can "see" the#170's!! THAT ROCKS!!! :p

Karen31
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Everybody! My goodness it is cold here! When I got up at 5:00 this morning to let the dogs out it was -20 degrees!! They sure didn't stay out long and came back and jumped back on the bed! Can't blame them! But we are already up to a great bit 7 degrees now! WOW!

ttg- When I do the crunches on the ab lounge it usually takes about 15 minutes to do 300. I try to go at a steady pace and most times it is about 5 minutes for 100. So that is what I try to do. Now I'm doing 400 in 20 minutes. The ab lounge works better for me since I was in a car accident some years ago and this supports my back pretty good.
That is a good idea to use the time watching AI doing cardio! Think I will make that work for me too! I have the Gazelle in the living room so that should work fine!

enygirl-- I have found that I just have to make myself do for me first! I have tried to do "this" and then I will workout but for some reason "this" ends up being "20 This" and then I don't get to it! But I need to work on getting a better routine down for myself too! Like today--- I would much rather sit on the couch and wrap in an afghan and stay warm! don't burn off to many calories that way though!

Cherry-- don't be to hard on yourself! everybody has bad days. You just have to pick yourself up and keep on going. That is why we are all here and so happy that we can get so much encouragement from everyone here.

Well, I need to get going this morning. I do need to go to town and am not looking forward to going out in this cold! One good thing--- it isnt snowing YET! Have a good day!

Shay
01-17-2008, 12:52 PM
teacher1 & cherryautumn--I had 3 really bad days and now I'm on my second good day. One moment at a time.

enygirl--congrats on the loss!

karen--its snowing here!

ttg--LOVE American Idol. I started a thread in the general chatter forum

melekalikimaka
01-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey girls, I had a .2 gain at my WI yesterday, but I wasn't totally OP w/my eating last week so I'll take it! Now to work through all the b-day cake today and cake and party food on Saturday (it's my son's 9th b-day today and we're having a bowling party on Saturday...) :lol:

Congrats on all the losses and maintains, and heck, even if you gained a little, we are all still trying to lose right??? Good attitude Shay--one moment at a time.

twenty, I try to journal my food (since I do WW) even if it's painful to write down... sometimes I just right everything down, but can't even calculate the point values because I don't want to see how badly I did. I used to use fitday too, but yes it is time consuming, and alot of ethnic foods that I eat I have to create myself to log it, so it is a pain in the butt. A good old fashion notebook works just fine for me too.

Another Idol fan here :wave: I didn't get to catch last night's show though :(

teacher1
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi all-
This week has dragged on. I'm soooo glad the 3 day weekend is right around the corner :)

BabyNicole
01-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi all-
This week has dragged on. I'm soooo glad the 3 day weekend is right around the corner :)

Ditto! I actually stayed home from school today and yesterday b/c I have bronchitis. I'll be going back tomorrow, but TGIF anyway! lol :carrot:

Enygirl
01-18-2008, 06:03 PM
nicole - are you feeling better? I hate being sick!

I'm tired today - 68 hours of work in a week tireds one out.. ugh. I'll probably have to do more this weekend. - but tonight I'm just chilling. I have to remember to drink my water this weekend. I don't want a bad weekend to ruin my GREAT week! I didn't work out as much as I wanted to at all - but It's getting better.

Teach- you're right - I do need to put myself first. I did last night and the yoga felt great :yoga:

Alright girls - here's some :hug: and :dust: for the weekend!

teacher1
01-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey gals,
I'm so happy the 3 day weekend is here. My plans are to get lots of exercise time in :)

Shay
01-18-2008, 07:47 PM
teacher1--I look forward to these 3 day weekends too. I want to catch up on some reading and exercise some more too.

Karen31
01-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi Everybody, Just a quick pop in here tonight. I weighed in this morning and I lost 2 pounds this week! YAY!! I hope I can continue and I really didn't get in as much exercise this week as I wanted. Still trying to get the routine down! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

callmelorena
01-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Today i am so sore i can hardly move. Last night i took two classes at the gym back to back. I took Zumba and Desperate Housewives ( which is like aerobic striptease)..my legs hurt alot!! But i still plan on hitting the gym in the morning

Twentytogo
01-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Well, I got slammed with mother of all colds. I left early from work Thursday, and I did come into to my office for about 2 hours yesturday. Now here it is Saturday, and still not to good, but i think its getting better. I do not usually get extreme colds but this one had me right down. No energy, my head felt like it was 3 sizes to big, cough, sunny nose, blah blah blah. The worst part is I have a big project at work and I need to have it completed by Friday. So I am in office right now. I usually do not come in Sat. All I feel like doing is going home and getting back in bed.
I did loose 1 pound last week. The sight will not let me add a ticker until I post more? strange.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know I am still around and thanks for your feedback about my questions.

ENY- I feel your pain with the work issues, however, I'm not working that many hours-hang in there!

Enygirl
01-19-2008, 10:03 AM
twenty - wtg on the pound loss - that means only 19 more! :) I did bring work home this weekend as well - but I'm avoiding it until after today. It's my daughter's birthday - and you're princess only turns 6 once! I get to dress like a fairy and go do build-a-bear. :D

I copmpletely binged yesterday. I was doing good up until about 11 am - then it all went down hill. WAY too much salt - and not nearly enough water to wash it all out! So I was up a puound this morning. Official weigh in isn't until tomoorw and I'm hoping I can flush it out of me. :)

teacher1
01-19-2008, 03:01 PM
ENY- our daughter's birthday is a special day, enjoy

Mel- those sound like fun classes

20- feel better

My official weigh in is tomorrow but I'm not sure I'll drop any weight after my crazy week.

Karen31
01-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Hello Everybody--- Just a quick pop in here--- it is almost 11:00 pm and I was jsut reading some posts--- and I noticed my time and temp. deal said that it is 73 degrees here!!! Well, I don't know where it is being measured tonight but it is defintiely not 73 degrees here!! More like 10!! I'll check it tomorrow and if it isn't correct then -- I'll take it off!!! That is just too funny as I sit here freezing!!!

teacher1
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi gals,
It's my official weigh in day and I'm still at 171. So this week I'm going to work extra hard to get over this hump. I guess my body is just adjusting since I lost 3 pounds last week.

CherryAutumn
01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Just a short Hi to ALL. Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan.

Enygirl
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
down another pound this week - could've been more but I sabotaged with 2 days of full on binging. I need to stop that! I'll check back later - things are crazy right now and I'm off to finish filing my divorce :yay:

teacher1
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Eny- Well, I'm guessing the divorce is a good thing by the smilie face so congrats.

I didn't get as much exercise today because I'm so sore from this weekend workouts.

CherryAutumn
01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Just thought i would post a quick HI. I am working on getting back on plan and for my own sake it is going to have to be soon. Proud of all of you ladies who are sticking to their guns and loosing this weight.

teacher1
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi all,
Back to work. The day was smooth and the kiddos were great :)

Twentytogo
01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Well finally got over the mother of all colds as I call it. Had a super busy weekend and celebrated my oldest sons B-day on Sunday. My Mom is the cake baker in the family. I was bad bad bad. I did send most of the cake away, but I ended up having a piece for breakfast Monday. I got in a workout today. First time since I got sick. Hope all is well with everyone else.

sweet fang
01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi, I got off work about an hour and a half ago. Think I'll go to bed before I get hungry.:) I started yoga a couple weeks ago and really love it. My next class is tomorrow. Well, good night.:wave:

Shay
01-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Karen, TTG, Enygirl--Congrats on the losses!

Teacher1--Maintenance is a fantastic thing.

Lorena--Those classes sounded fun.

CherryAutumn--Struggling myself. It ebbs and flows.

Enygirl
01-23-2008, 01:40 PM
ok girls - I'm back! back on track - back to working out - back to me! Weigh in this morning I was back down to #180.4 - MUCH better then the #182/3's that I saw late last this and early this week. :woohoo: oh and I updated my tickers just because i wanted to - even if it's not the "official" weigh in. I needed something positive to look at.

I have to keep things up. :) And remember not to kill my bosses. - work is a Bit*h right now - it SUCKS!

teacher1
01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Hello ladies,
School was great today. I'm not sure if the kids are better or I'm in a better mood because I've been exercising before school. It's a win-win :)

Twentytogo
01-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, no workout today. I don't feel to bad about it today because I have been cleaning non stop since I got home from work. I washed my tile floors on my hand and knees. I also did about 3 loads of laundry and ran up and down stairs with that. Oh, at work as well I ran up and down stairs several times today. So, I felt like I was pretty active.

teacher1
01-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Good job 20-2-go :)

I had a rough day- no workout. Back on plan tomorrow.

Twentytogo
01-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Here I sit, feeling so lazy. I finished a huge project at work today, managed to get some much needed things done around the house, but here I sit. I am thinking about working out but not doing it. There is no reason why I am not doing it right now. Here I just think about it. This sucks. I feel like I need someone to tell me to get of my a__ , and just do it! :coach:

Karen31
01-25-2008, 11:11 PM
twentytogo--- don't feel so all alone --- that happens to everyone. I have been saying I will workout when I get this done or that done and then it jsut never seems to happen-- Today I made myself do that first and now I feel better. Just need to keep it up now!

Shay
01-26-2008, 06:55 AM
enygirl--Congrats on the loss!

ttg & Karen--I just work out when I feel like it. LOL you think that would be never but that worked out to 4 days last week and 2 so far this week. I think I will feel like it later on today or this morning. It is still early. If I force myself or so I have to do it that doesn't work and makes me resent exercise. Generally that makes me quit exercising all together. I will make an exercise plan for the month of February but it will be okay if it changes from day to day and week to week.

I'm thinking I will maintain this week. I keep moving my weigh in day. It is now on Mondays. I changed from WW plan to the Shay Plan. The Shay Plan includes more fruits and veggies, less processed foods, and 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. It does include pre planning and measuring of food but I'm not counting anything...points, calories, fat grams, etc. I will keep you updated.

its my time
01-26-2008, 07:05 AM
My goal is to be at my goal weight 135 by the end of the year, keeping my fingers crossed,

Good Luck to everyone on there goals

teacher1
01-26-2008, 10:17 AM
I hopped on the scale this morning and it said 169!!! Yeah, finally some progress so I decided to update the ticker today. Have a great day everyone.

Shay
01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Great news teacher1!

Twentytogo
01-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks for everyones encouragement. I actually finally talked myself into a workout and actually started my Slim N Six workout, at 10 pm no less. I did this routine three years ago and the results were amazing. One downfall, it is BORING! Since I have the moves down I turn off the volume and use my I-pod.

Teacher1-great job. Doesn't it just feel awesome everytime the scale moves, even 1 notch?

I need a new scale. Mine is old, and I am unsure of the accuracy. I might get one today. I was looking and it seems they now calulate BMI and other things. I wonder how accurate they are with that. Does anyone have a newer scale that they really like?

This sight still will not let me put up a ticker because I am "new", I feel like having a :tantrum::tantrum: because I think that would be a great motivator.

Enygirl
01-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Great job on the losses everyone! I weigh in tomorrow "officially" but I tend to dip lowest mid week.

My great news of the day - I DID MY FIRST 5K WALK-RACE TODAY!!! :yay: :woohoo: :yay: My time was 52:59 - which I thought was good considering it was 28 degrees out, and the snow on the ground. PLUS I came in FIRST for my age group!! :cheer:

Here's a pic - http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/Enygirl/DSCN0601.jpg

:dust: & :hug: girls!

Karen31
01-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Congrats enygirl!!!! That is awesome!!! I don't think I would have even tired with it being so cold!! Great Job!!

its my time
01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Congrats enygirl!!!! that is great,

also Teacher1 congrates on your news also that is awsome,

Twentytogo
01-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Enygirl, I am so happy for you. The fact that you accomplished that in mid-winter is something to be so proud of. Where was the race at?

Anyway: :bravo:

teacher1
01-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Enygirl- Soooo cool. Great pix :)

The scale still has 169. Have a great day.

Shay
01-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Enygirl--Congrats again since I did that on the other thread. The ladies here are right...in the cold. Amazing! The cold always affects my breathing when walking or running.

crbowles
01-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Renee and I'm the shortest person in my family. =0( I cannot exercise for medical reasons but I goal is to get to 140.

Good luck to all!

CherryAutumn
01-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Enygirl - you did great. Love the pic. You look so alive and proud.

Shay
01-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Welcome crbowles!

Enygirl
01-29-2008, 08:39 AM
cr- :welcome: We're a fun bunch w/ lots of support!

Speaking of which - girls is anyone else really really struggling to stick with this? I'm down *almost* #20 and I feel myself slipping. This is the longest that I've stuck with anything - but right now it's so easy for me to talk myself out of a workout - or to go and endulge on something... I'm having a really hard time this last 2 weeks. I'm recognizing it - and trying to fix it. I did the 5K on Saturday - and Sunday i was WAY too tired to work out. I did a 20 min cardio last night. I need to get back to 1200-1500 cals a day, and 6 work outs a week. I guess that if I use Sunday as my rest day - and write of what I ate (didn't even calculate because I know it's tha tbad!) then I can start over as of yesterday.

I REALLY want to start hitting my goals - but it seems that I sabotage myself. Last week I was less then a pound away from my Super bowl goal - then i binged the rest of the week - didn't workout and now I'm #4+ away... it's stupid!!! GIRLS HELP ME FOCUS!!!!

teacher1
01-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Enygirl-
I feel your pain. It's gets hard, tonight I was trying to talk the DB into pizza :(
But I'm eating on plan with a big salad. It's hard but you're doing so great. I can't even imagine doing a 5k. Just keep moving ahead, baby steps.

Twentytogo
01-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi Enygirl, I certainly relate to your feelings and that is exactly why I joined this forum. I was in desparate need of support. I'm no expert by any means, but since I have lost a great deal of weight in the past, here is my suggestion. Workout harder, longer every day for the next week, I know what it took. It's the reason I am here, I need a push all the time. You have lost a lot of weight and maybe it is time to step it up. You have have it in you, because you just accomplished a great feat (5k walk in freezing weather, helllo?) that is amazing. I say keep going, get stronger, you have it in you! I :cheer: you on!!!!

Shay
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Enygirl--I'm coming on the other side of it. I've been there when I've lost a ton of weight (130) and I slipped hard. Please do not pressure yourself to the point that you regain all of your weight. All of us need to slow down. I understand that we want to be healthy. Hello I need to lose 81 pounds to even be considered overweight. But slow and steady wins the race. I'm not saying give up, because never do that but give yourself a break. How about 5 days a week of exercise vs 6. 5 is okay, 4 is fine, and 3 is alright. You're doing it that's the point. Maintaining is okay. Sometimes I think we put so much pressure on ourselves that we make the situation worse. Slow down, take a breath, its okay. If you lose it fast you won't keep it off.

Regarding the bingeing. That's an issue I have myself. I'm currently working on a binge free challenge. Yesterday was my first binge free day. I'm working on my 2nd day now. The Shay Plan is actually working for me. I may only lose 1lb a week but as long as I'm losing. I'm not in a hurry.

teacher1
01-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Hello ladies,
Boy, it's so cold here. I've done okay this week with food but I still need to step up the exercise time.

teacher1
01-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Hey all,
Today is a snow day :) No school!!!!

Shay
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Any exciting plans, Teacher1?

I will start a new thread in the morning for the month of February so be on the lookout for it.

teacher1
01-31-2008, 03:14 PM
No fun plans, I did turbo sculpt this morning. I want to run errands but I'm a big baby when it comes to driving in the snow.

Karen31
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi Ladies, I was watching a news show the other night and they were saying that here if you are a child under 4'9" then you have to ride in a booster seat in the car---- Does that mean if I lose another 2 inches that I will need a booster seat to Drive??? :rofl::dunno:

Hope everyone is doing fine. Just thought that I would pop in for a minute.

Twentytogo
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Maybe a snow day tomorrow for us, well the kiddies, my daughter said her teacher told her to do a snow dance tonite. Wish it worked for a snow day at the office!

Karen31: I heard that quite some time ago, about that height. Maybe I should start Osteoperosis meds eariler in life to be sure I don't shrink! Older people worry about loosing their licences, I might have to worry about being strapped in a car seat, YIKES.

I don't know how I did it, but today marks 6 days in a row I have worked out, and I can really tell. I think reading these forums really helped motivate me. I was good with the food as well. I don't want to post my weight until I see the scale stay there for a few days so I can be sure that is where I really am. So thanks for all you gals for motivating me.

Shay
02-01-2008, 05:31 AM
See you in the February thread everyone!