Old 01-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #1  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Jan. 08 **5 Pounds a Month Challenge (#2)

Let's make it simple.

1. Let's see who can loose the first 5 pounds first.

2. Make every effort to loose 5 pounds.

3. Let's see who can loose the most this month.

4. Make commitments to self and try to keep them. Post them or don't.
What ever helps you.

5. Come here and post as much as you can. We are all here for each other.

6. Feel free to add other personal goals.

7. Jan. 5th is the cut-off to get your name added to the contest. Anyone that comes after this date, please come on and join. The support will still be here. And your name will be added the next month.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Mom23BC; 01-01-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #2  
TBL-Red Team Member

................................................St arting............Pounds.......................... ......Actual
................................................We ight..............Lost............................ .......Weight

Mom2........................................205.5. ...............-10.5..............................195
ShrinkingGlizzy (S).......................145...................-3.................................142
Loosing4another..........................240...... ..............-4................................236
MotherMavis...............................157..... ................-8...............................149
KCWMU....................................211...... .................-3.................................208
Fea..........................................168.. ..................-6.................................162
Michiemish.................................263
Emerson613...............................234
CupofJoe.....................................
Alisluv......................................209
Cianocue...................................
Vixjean.....................................
Wish4fit.................................(will officially start in Feb.)

Please let me know if I need to make any changes.

Last edited by Mom23BC; 01-29-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #3  
TBL-Red Team Member

December final total......

Jan. 1 Goal
Weight:

******************Starting: *****Jan.Goal:*****Ending

Losing4Another:*******250***********245********241
MotherMavis:*********153***********148********153
ShrinkingGlizzy(S)********148***********143******* *14 4
Mom23BC (Rachel)*****205***********200********205.5 (did get down to 199.5...darn holiday treats)

5 pound race:

Losing4Another:................................... ...................-9
MotherMavis:...................................... ....................-0
S..................:.............................. .... .....................-4
Mom2SBM (Rachel):......................................... .........+.5

Wow.....Losing4 and S........look at those numbers.

Last edited by Mom23BC; 01-20-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #4  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I"d like to get in on it!! Let me know how!! Thanks

Kim
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Rachel, I'll give you my starting weight for this month tomorrow. We ate drank and were merry last night so I have some serious water issues today. There is no way I gained 4 lbs overnight, I certainly did not eat and drink 12,000 calories yesterday!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

My starting weight is 211, so my goal weight is going to be 206! =) YAY! I'm ready to say bye bye to these 5 lbs.
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #7  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I will give my starting weight tomorrow too. I had stomach issues last night and I know whatever is on the scale will not be right. Started out the new Year with a stomachache
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #8  
TBL-Red Team Member

Alisluv: Welcome. Just let me know what your starting weight is for January, and come back to give and get support. So glad you decided to join us.

Mothermavis: Gottya!!!! I wish that mine (weight gain) was from being too merry last night. More like being merry the past two weeks.

KCW: Will add your weight to the "list". I hope you are doing good today!

Losing4another: I hope you start feeling better.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I am so excited for all the new "faces"!!!!

Rachel, thanks for starting us up again! And for all your encouragement!
MotherMavis, you gotta get on track to catch up, lady!! Though considering my bad behavior the past few days, it may get a little easier! I know you can do it.
VixJean, I don't eat the BK burgers because they're good, I eat them because I want something disgusting! It's really twisted, huh??

OK, I posted these in the Dec forum but here they are again:

My January Goals:

1. 5 lb loss, making my goal weight 1/31 139.
2. No alcohol. None. Seriously this time.
3. 30 min exercise 6x a week, at least . And one yoga class a week.
4. 3 Nalgenes of water a day
5. 1400 cals/day (I decided to move it down from 1500)

And away we go!!!!!!!!!!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #10  

Oh, and can I just tell you girls that this trainer dude said he'll keep training me for free and he kicked my A$$ yesterday!! I am so sore it hurts just to breathe!! So today I'm taking off from the gym to nurse my hangover and my sore muscles, but tomorrow it's back to work and back to reality.
--Sonja
Old 01-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #11  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for letting me participate! I'm looking forward to this - and hopefully many more - small victories!

My starting weight for January 1 is 209.

Kim
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Unfortunately, my butt woke up just as bloated today. My starting weight is 157. I go back to work today, so hopefully, my water intake will be back up, it's always better there.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #13  

Can any of you help me understand why my weight has gone up AGAIN this morning? I've been under my calorie goal of 1500 all last week except for New Years.
What is water weight? Also, what is the deal with strength training and weight gain? cuz I've been doing weights at the gym, too.
I am so annoyed.
Rachel, please mark me down for 147 as my starting weight, since that is the sad case this morning, after yesterday at 146 while the day before was 144.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Sonja
Old 01-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #14  
TBL-Red Team Member

Okay! Stayed on plan yesterday. Still the same weight, but that's okay. I reaped what I sowed. I'll make it to my goal by the end of the month. So my goal is to lose the 5 pounds that I lost last month and then regained; plus I want to lose another 5 pounds to stay on track of my 5 pounds a month plan. So my goal is to lose 10 pounds this month.

I would have thought that I would have lost 5 pounds this past week in just my boobs from not nursing....ha, ha. Got the little one to only nurse once during the night last night. Of course, I had to get up with her at 5 this morning to get her mind off of my ......well you know.

Alisluv, I'll add the starting weight to the "list" on page one. So do you have any specific "plan" you're following? I hope you are having a good day.

MotherMavis: Grr........I am so sure it is water weight. Don't ya hate it. You will get back down pretty quick. Weren't you going on vacation someplace this spring? If yes, just keep that in mind. Think of how good you are going to look and feel.

Sonja: A personal trainer! Wow! Just rember muscle weighs more than fat. Have you ever seen the picture of the muscle beside the fat? If not, I'll try to find it and post it. Also remember that Muscle is a great way to rev up your metabolism to help reduce the fat.

I know the water weight thing can be so frustrating. That is why I do the following: First I do weigh myself everyday. But one day I may be 202 the next 200 then the next back to 202. The weight gain does not even bother me, because I know that I am 200 and the 2 pounds is not fat but water weight. Okay I have been dieting for the past 20 years....so sad but true. In those years of dieting I have learned that, for some reason, my body will gain the day before I loose. So, if I have been good, I do not count any weight gain, because it just is not true.

The problem with weighing everyday, is becoming a slave to the scale. So, just remember, the scale is not "the know it all".

Here is the basic answer to your question about water gain: I got this from this site: http://health.howstuffworks.com/question227.htm

"Main > Health > Fitness PRINT EMAIL
Quote:
What causes me to gain 2 or 3 pounds during the day and then lose 2 or 3 pounds while I sleep?

The main thing that is changing overnight is the amount of water in your system. It's amazing how much water weighs! A gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, and a pint of water (16 ounces) weighs 1 pound (in metric, 1 liter of water weighs 1 kilogram). This means that if you drink a 1-liter bottle of soda, you instantly gain 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) from the water! That's a big weight change, and it can happen very quickly.

Overnight, there are two processes that cause you to lose water gradually. The first is respiration. Each time you exhale, you lose a little bit of water (exhale onto a cool piece of glass and you can see this moisture). The second is transpiration through the skin, also known as sweating. Over the course of a night, both of these processes eliminate quite a bit of water.

Then there is the tradition of using the restroom prior to the morning weigh-in. That process can eliminate up to 1 pound (0.5 kilograms) of water.

According to this page, the average person eliminates about 1.2 liters of water in urine each day, and also eliminates about 1 liter a day through perspiration and respiration. That's 2.2 kilograms (almost 5 pounds) of weight fluctuation happening throughout the day!

You may have heard that it's important to drink about eight glasses of water every day. Respiration, transpiration and urination are the reasons why!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Keep up the good work and remember......

WE WILL BE AT LEAST 5 POUNDS LIGHTER BY THE END OF THIS MONTH.
:c arrot:
Old 01-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #15  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I'm going to go ahead and weight in .....My stomach is still a little off though. I'm down to 240 ...this could be because of everything that is no longer in my body. If I gain a little then I will know why but my goals are still the same.
Start weight 240....
5lb goal 235
goal for the month 230. I lost nine pounds last month with Christmas treats taking me off track some what ...This month I should be able to lose 10lb without all those treats in the way
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote