Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 PM   #1  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Default January Detox anyone?

So I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to start this new year off with a bang!!!

So to ensure that this year is successful for me, I would like to start off witha a bit of a detox. And I'm wondering if anyone wants to join me? You might not want to detox the same things as me... but maybe you need a buddy to get you through those days you are craving like crazy the things you are trying not to eat too much of.

So my plan is to eliminate sugar and cheese and most dairy products and flour products for a week or so. The sugar and cheese I will continue to eat in minimal amounts (as in once a week.). I will be drinking milk alternatives for as much as I can.
I plan to avoid sugar for all of January. Although I will allow myself three days "off" so if some events come up, I won't be racked with horrible horrible guilt if I do have some sugar...

So would anyone like to join me in a detox? I plan to check in every day and/or whenever a serious craving hits.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

I think this is a great idea. I'm doing something similar, though I'm using a series of herbal pills I bought at Whole Foods. When taken in combination, they are suppose to cleanse many of your major organs. I've noticed a difference and I've only been taking them for three days. Tomorrow, I have to double up on the dose until the month is out. I'm sure I'll notice even more change then.
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #3  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

I'm also avoiding refined sugar for the first week in January. I've done it once before, and it REALLY cuts down on the cravings once the week is over!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/150's/140's

Height: 5'6.5

I would love to participate! I definitely have problems with cheese - it's one of those foods that sometimes I'm okay with, but other times gives me tons of problems. As far as dairy, I've found that it's only the dairy products with sugar in them (ice cream!) that really give me trouble. So I would definitely be up for some help in taking sugar out of my diet through January. One of my friends gave up sugar for Lent and lost a ton of weight!
tofulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Definitely count me in. One week of no processed foods and no meat. I'll have to sit down and really plan it out, though, so I'll start next Monday (on top of which I'm hosting a potluck this Sunday coming up!)
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good luck!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/234/135

Height: 5'8"

Talking detox

Sounds like a great idea. I'm doing something similar. I'm cutting carbs, sugar and sweets for two weeks. I'm not starting until January 7th though. My birthday is the 5th and my husband and I are going out of town the 6th to visit family and I know I'll won't be able to eat completely healthy. My "detox" is Phase 1 of the South Beach diet.
agirlscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #8  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I started a few weeks ago but I've cut out all chocolate. I've done it before and I felt like I was really becoming dependent on it. I was craving it all the time so I decided I'm not having chocolate until March. It has gotten a lot easier - Christmas was tough but I still survived chocolate free! These kinds of things help to remind me how strong I really am. Ive given up all sugar before and it is great! I just want to cut down for now. Count me in. I may not be on here every day though.

GOod luck everyone!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #9  
Reformed carb abuser

S/C/G: 222/193/150

Height: 5'4"

i plan on doing a colon cleanse (aka lemonade diet) next week when my girl friend gets back from the holidays
ive done it before, and loved it
i dont do it to lose weight, but to clean out my system
it also find afterwards it helps skrink my cravings and appiette, especially if im slowing down on the self discpline
you probably dont want to hear the details, but seriously youd be surprised what still comes out of you (bathroom wise!!) after a week of not eating solids
OneGirlArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I've been working 12 hour days for weeks and weeks now, and haven't been exercising OR weighing, so I KNOW I have to get back on track. This is actually a really good time for me because I'm going back to school (I took a year off) at a school I LOVE LOVE LOVE!! So my whole lifestyle is changing. I feel like since everything is changing it'll actually be easier to get into a different routine.

So my detox is sort of a full life detox!! But I can't WAIT to wean myself back off the crappy packaged food that I've been eating -- I'm already excited to eat real good (cooked by me!) food tonight!!

People are still saying that I'm looking better, though, so who knows what's up with my body. I have no clue what my weight is right now, haven't checked in FOREVER!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #11  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Well the holidays have officially over for me.

So starting tomorrow morning I am going to:
- cut back on milk products (i.e. cheese)
- stop eating sugar every day. I'm taking this one day at a time. I have to sort of fool myself, because if I simply say sugar is "off limits" I crave it like mad....
- add in some soy milk/milk alternatives.
- add in protein and veggies.

Alright. I would write more but I'm basically sleep walking here and I have to get stuff cleaned up before tomorrow's classes start.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/222/140

Height: 5'6''

Default Happy New Year!

OOO I wanna do a detox I need to I feel as if this year is going to be a good year, I'm gonna lose weight, do well in school, graduate, have fun, and maybe snag me a man, but yes a detox would really get things started!
MsShes2BigShes2Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

So I jumped in without posting. I thought I did but I guess I missed that part! LOL Last night I bought and started a 14 day detox program. I don't think it makes you lose weight because you keep eating unlike the lemonade diet (which I will try sometime).
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote