Old 12-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Me love me challenge! 13 weeks till April 1!

Hello lovely friends!

this idea started as a 13 weeks till April Challenge but then loving ourselves seemed much more important. I have realized that losing weight requires a certain level of self-love and setting aside time for myself and my health!

What do you think?

My self-love goals are to keep up with at least 5 hours of walking a week and since I have a new recumbent bike coming in the mail, adding some biking while watching telly. Being consistent with my diet yet forgiving about my lapses is also a big part of it. Also--I want to learn what is the right weight for me not by numbers but by how I look and feel. My original goal was 164 but I might stop at 175--we'll see how it goes.

I look forward to getting to know some new diet buddies and continuing to get the brilliant support from some of my old ones.

Take care and let me know how you plan to love yourself in 2008!

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 12-31-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

So I fell off in our 17 Weeks til New Year Challenge...Got bogged down in food boredom.

But I am back. I had originally set a goal of 25 pounds by April...But I think I am going to change it to 20. I think losing 2 pounds a week at this point is unrealistic for me. Maybe 1.5/week will be more attainable. I don't want to starve LOL.

Milestones:
Feb.1 - 181
March 1- 175
April 1- 169

I want to get back to my exercise routine. I did yoga last night for the first time in a couple of months, and some cardio too! It felt good.

I want to be swimsuit ready by June and now is a good time to get a head start. I love swimming, but the self consciousness thing always holds me back.

I missed you girls, and I hope I can stick with it this time! Don't let me quit on ya'll LOL.

Mary

Edit: I just went back through the 17 Weeks Til New Year thread to see my goals from then...

"Starting weight: 188
Goal:160"

I am all the way back up to my starting weight from September LOL. Oh well!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 12-31-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: sp, added info
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am in as well. I wanted to lose in December, but I maintained. I am still 153. Right where I started the month but 10 lbs less than I was.
On a bad note, I have had 4 Lindor truffles today. On a good note, I have done 3 videos and gone snowshoeing for almost an hour thru the woods.
Being good to me is going to entail
*taking one hour for me every day for exercise. One hour minimum. Can be a video in the AM and a walk at lunch and sit up during commericals, but one hour every day will be devoted to making me feel good about me and I feel good when I've exercised.
*a treat every 5 pounds, maybe a mani or pedi, maybe new undies or a new bra, but something for me!!
1/31 148 Manicure?
2/29 143 New undies from VS?
3/31 138 Pedicure?
4/30 133 - 130 even we'll see what that brings???

Last edited by mothermavis; 12-31-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Goals
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #4  

Default Welcome 2008!

to my old friends Mary and Mavis! It is so nice to hear from you!

I note that despite not losing as much as you wanted to, you are both still well below where you started--that rocks!!

Lets really do it in 2008! I have a good feeling about this!

Sno
Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #5  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 242/242/182

Height: 5'5.5

Hi All

Im new to the boards but i was looking for a challenge to help me feel better about myself and i think this may be it.

My names Sam and im 24. Im the heaviest ive ever been at 14st 2lbs before christmas (198lbs) and somehow over chrismtas i managed to lose 6lbs so im currently at 13st 6lbs (192lbs) which put me on a boost plus tis that girly time too and i weighed myself the day before so im wondering if that makes a difference - will weigh myself tomorrow morning to double check though.

Anyway i have really low self esteem adn not very much self like through various events in life but im hoping this will help me to take more me time and learn to actually like myself and hopefully i can set some challenges to boost my confidence too.

i look forward to working out with you all and losing the weight!!! Im hoping to do at least an hour of exercise a day in the house and then 45 minutes fo dog walking a day (in 15 minute bouts) plus healthy eating obviously.

my goal eventually is to get to 11st (154lbs) but by april i hope to be about 170lbs (12st 1lb)
LittleLostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:42 PM   #6  
I have less blubber!

Welcome to the boards! We must do something about your self confidence! I found that was the key to me finally losing the weight. I stayed down on myself way too long about how heavy I was..and when I finally accepted myself I found the self love to attempt to make the best me possible.

Losing the weight won't fix all of your problems, but as you see the weight slowly drop, you should start to get a boost of confidence. In no time 1-2 pounds turns into alot more!

Try to look inside you and find the things that make you special. You are a person, and you are no less of a person than ANYONE else. What we are on the outside is not always a reflection of what we are on the inside

Big and Good Luck!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 01-01-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:53 PM   #7  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

What a cool challenge - mind if I join in??? I read Sno's initial post about achieving her goals and thought it was worthy of reposting. For me, the "me love me" challenge is exactly about what she states below:

"How will I achieve this? Well I am going to continue to work on my relationship with food--I want to learn to be around people who are eating fattening food and say no. I want to learn to be able to take a tiny portion of a rich dessert and stop. I will catch myself with automatic eating and make mindful decisions about what goes into my mouth."

For me, this i also about regular exercise. I got a cool new pedometer for Christmas and am starting the 10,000 steps challenge. My measurable goal is to lose 30 before 30 - my birthday is in July, so that gives me 6 months. My initial goal for Feb 1st is 175.

Sno: Notice we have the same Feb. 1st goal - let's get there together!! Thanks so much for this challenge. I look forward to getting to know you in the next 13 weeks.

Sockmonkey: We WILL be swimsuit ready come June! January is the best month to start anew....

MotherM: Great job maintaining in December - it ain't easy!

LittleLost: 3FC is a great place to gain support - you have come to the right place.
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/156/130

Height: 5'1

Hello everyone!!! This has been a tough holiday season... I have eatten every thing in sight and I've gained about 6lbs in two weeks! So I decided that it would be a good time to get back into the swing of things before I lose control! I got a new stepper for Christmas so my goals are to use it every day, even if for ten minutes. I also wanted to lose about 10-15 pounds by april 1st! I am very excited to join you ladies!!! I hope everyone has a great new year!
futuremrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #9  
I have less blubber!

Welcome wish4fit! I am totally excited for summer. I know I will have lost more by then, and I've pretty much decided I am buying a swimsuit whether I think I thin enough or not

Hello futuremrsp! I know ALL about those holiday pounds. I am up to 188 from 182 since November. We will get this weight off though! Atleast we are conscious of the fact and actively trying to do something about it
Old 12-31-2007, 08:33 PM   #10  

Default Welcome all!

Hi everyone:

Lovely to meet you future,Sam , and wish4!

I just came in from my hour walk and my plan is to do more stretches and my leg exercises tonight. It feels good!

Sam: I think it wasnt until I learned to love myself and my body no matter what my weight that I was able to let go of this poundage. Working on this on these discussion boards has really helped. Posting and putting it out there that you want to take better care of yourself is a good beginning. I found posting a lot about why I want to lose weight and my successes helped to build my strenght. Exercise is innately confidence and self-love building. You might think of a positive statement about yourself that you would repeat while walking.

Wish4: yeah we are twins! I have no doubt that we will achieve this goal and really enjoy our slimmer and stronger bodies. Gosh--that was a good quote from me! Now where did I post that?

future: 6 lbs isnt too bad for two weeks of feasting my weight really packs on quickly when I eat off plan.

Mary: great to have your welcoming and energetic presence on the board!

Have a safe and calm evening!

Sno
Old 12-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #11  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Happy New Year!!!

I've been able to stay under 140# up until now and that was my goal for the end of the year. So I'm thinking hard about how I want this next year to go:

WHAT: Lose 5 pounds a month until I hit my 120 goal weight by April

HOW: Exercise 5 days per week, either a video or bike/weights

WHEN: Hope to reach goal in 4 months [a little over our April Fools's deadline]

WHO: ME! Because I'm the only one who can do this for me!

Best wishes to everyone here for a SUCCESSFUL 2008!!

cuppajoe
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I'm in. I'm finally in the 120s, weighed in at 129 on friday. So I now have an extra burst of will power. I'm hoping to be at goal by April (if not before) and I'm hoping to walk 35 miles a month.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:22 AM   #13  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 242/242/182

Height: 5'5.5

Hi all,

thanks for the encouraging words - im looking forward to gettign started on this challenge. Ive weighed myself this morning and came in at 189lbs so not far till my next target - damn that choccie bikkie last night!!!

For my 'me love me challange i thought about what you said about setting goals etc and Ive managed to come up with a few things id like but wouldnt necessarily get for myself just willy nilly.

196lbs - buy new coat - Done, love my new coat
188lbs - new make up - (1lb to go!)
182lbs - new hair cut
174lbs - join a new exercise class
168lbs - have a day to myself shopping
160lbs - new clothes
154lbs - get some nice pictures of me done by bf (hes a photographer - think Gok Wan - How to look good naked style pictures).

Im hoping these goals will help not only keep me on track but will give me some more confidence when out and about. These things are also taking time for me which is somethign i havent done in about 4 years!

Fingers crossed and am off to walk the dog for his first walk today.

Hope your all having good days

Love
Sam
x x x x
LittleLostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Happy New Year!!

Went to dinner w Dh and 2 other couples, was great fun but definitely retaining lots of water this am, rings feels like they are being worn on sausages instead of my fingers!!

2008 Here we come!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #15  

Default Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year all!!

Well I was bad last night and after a really good day had some fudge. So today during my walk I am going to sacrifice the rest of the fudge off the top of the mountain--I thought I could have it around to maybe treat myself occasionally but I ate some and I didnt make my New years goal of 188--I weighed in at 190 this am. So live and learn.

Today loving myself means being accountable and reporting honestly where my weight is!

I feel good tho--I am still in onederland and as I said before this is the first time in over a decade. So I cant really complain. I am mostly just going to relax today--I have a few writing and household projects to do and my exercise of course.

Cuppa: good to hear from you. And super congrats on maintaining under 140--that is a big triumph.

Diva: great job at reaching your goal! How cool is that after the long holiday season! You are an inspiration. Tell us how you did it!

Sam: great goals-so nice to reward yourself like that with non-food rewards. We are very close in weight--we are diet twins!

Mavis: yah--I hate that bloated feeling. Make sure to drink a lot of water today and flush out all that goo!!

Have wonderful 100% day all!

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 01-01-2008 at 01:03 PM.