Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready To Try Again...#126

2cute2Bfat
01-28-2002, 01:45 PM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

qsilver
01-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey everyone :)

Thought I'd better let you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. My knee surgery turned out to be a slightly bigger deal than it was supposed to be, and I'm still on painkillers. I'm not actually supposed to be sitting at the computer, but had to at least let you all know I'm still around. *HUGS*
I'll be back for real in a couple more days. :)

Andria

2cute2Bfat
01-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Glad you are home safe and sound.
Sorry to hear you are in pain.
Best wishes are coming your way and prayers too.

LoseForLife
01-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Hellllooooo!!!

Well, I'm finally back! *whew* what a holiday! I'm actually typing this from work. We got back last Sunday, but been sooo busy getting our new house in order I haven't had time to catch up on anything else....

So it's Tuesday now, my first day back (public holiday yesterday) and trying to acclimatise to the real world again! :lol:
Josh started school, so that was a bit of a shock for him too! :D

Anyway, I will have to keep this short, but just have missed you guys sooo much! I see a couple of new people have joined us and that this thread has been cruising along!

I'm starting my serious weight loss journey again today, officially, although last week was pretty good - lots of gardening and no money to buy junk food! Over the last 8 or so weeks, since I last made any effort, it looks like I've gained a couple of kilos, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad at all!
So today I've brought my lunch, and will be going for a walk this afternoon. I want to get rid of the kilos I've gained, and then down down down!!! :D

I'm talk to you all more later, and will try and catch up with what you've all been up to - won't be reading the missed posts though!!! :eek:

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Lynne :wave:

Grannie39074
01-28-2002, 09:24 PM
I miss DH. He made it to New York said he was going to eat in Little Italy.
I ate a hambuger and fries at lunch, I was stressed about DH being out of town.
Well news is short tonight hope everyone has a good night welcome back Lynn and Andria.

2cute2Bfat
01-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Good evening ladies....

I want to start with what I have learned about Wally World. :lol:
Wally World was an amusement park on the movie "Vacation" ....But I have tried finding if there is such a place and I gave up the search. I found 115,019 references to "Wally World" on the internet. :dizzy: I found WW Camp Resort in Ohio...WW Bookings for college entertainment... even WW -"Swingers/adult video. :eek:
BUT.. I did not find an amusement park or a slang for Walmart. LOL. Of course I did NOT read all of them. Just thought inquiring minds would want to know. :lol:

And now for an update on my burns. I am doing better. My right cheek already looks much better. :D My bottom lip is also better but my top is still unkissable. :( LOL
My chin has it the worst... still. Especially under my chin. It still looks pretty bad.
My stomach and boobs are doing great. My upper chest is so so. My right forearm is great ... but my wrist and outer armpit area is still not good. It just splattered me all over. No ryhme or reason to how it hit me. My lip and chin still hurt all the time but the rest is pretty much pain free.

Tuesday Tip.... This board is for YOU. Sometimes it can get overwhelming trying to keep up with everyone. Some may stop posting because they feel obligated to post to each and every one of us. NO ONE has to post to all of us. We just want to hear from you.... not hear about US from you. If you are lurking please continue to do so... but just remember... we want to hear from you too. We care what is going on in your life. We care if you are struggling as well as succeeding. We care if you skip your meetings and we care if you are losing or gaining. We don't judge you... we don't expect you to "lead" us all into recovery. There is a saying....

"Don't walk in front of me... I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me... I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

Dear dear friend.... this post is for YOU !!!!! ( yes...that means you) ;)

prism
01-29-2002, 03:03 AM
Hi everyone,

2cute, congratulations on your weight loss. You have the right attitude. I wish I had an ounce of your focus. I pigged out today. It would have been my parent's 52nd wedding anniversary. My mom was very sad. I bought a cake and ate quite a bit. I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself. During working hours, I'm on track. Off of work, I'm out of control. Time once again to cut out everything and eat the healthy stuff. Everything is in place.

Speaking of wally world, do you remember when chevy chase parked at the exit in the empty parking lot? I just laugh when I think about it. I've done it once or twice.

Andria, take care of yourself. Are you doing therapy yet? And welcome back Lynne. I would love to see pictures of your wedding.

Tuesday is upon us. Keep on moving.

Sweet dreams,
Malia

2cute2Bfat
01-29-2002, 12:18 PM
I have been on line reading all over the place.
I have read for so long I don't have time to post now. :^:
Just thought I would add a Tuesday Tip.

Start each day as if it were the first.
Start it with enthusiasm
Start it with hope
Start it with determination
Start it with new resolve

Today is a new day.
Today is the only day that counts.
Today is the day!!!
Today is the day for progress... .
Spit out just one bite and you have progress.
Go ahead.. spit it out
See... you can do it. :D

thinthinker
01-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Hello everyone!!! :wave: Long time no talk! :o No excuses, just didn't get here.

Last Thursday was the last of my visits to my dad's old nursing home. The program we started was unable to continue because of lack of interest. I had a hard time getting other family members to volunteer to help and communication from the Care Center was pretty much non-existent! So it had to be given up. My dad will be gone a whole year on Thursday. Seems so long ago, yet just the other day. I suppose that doesn't make much sense. I guess I was feeling a little down after the reception Thursday, or the darn things were just in my car, but I pigged out on white chocolate macademia nut cookies, more than a dozen, probably 4 WW points a piece! Then we had pizza for dinner and at about 11:00 PM I was sicker than a dog. Suppose I deserved that one!!!

I didn't even feel human on Friday. Saturday I was finally in the land of the living again. And Sunday I did so much laundry (guess I hadn't done any in a year, or something) I was in the basement more than anywhere else.

Monday's WI was good. I'm down 6 pounds! WooHoo! But........don't get too excited. I have done crappy since the first of the year so this just brings me down a little. How the heck did I make it through the holiday, not doing too much damage, and then the first of the year blow it all???? Not sure what happened, but it's about to change. :D

I dropped off some mail at the post office today and got into the left turn lane to go get one of those yummy Big Bufford burgers from Rally's. Luckily, no one was coming toward me in the intersection because I changed my mind at the last minute and came home to a big salad and about 4 WW points of leftover stir fry for lunch instead! Baby steps, just baby steps!!! :smug:

Tuesday's Tip..... NO more NoNo's!!! :nono:

Katrina: I loved the passage and the verse! I have copied them in my book. * My office and your computer room sound like twins. I do like the FlyLady website. I think the author was in my head when she wrote it. Some of her ideas are great and I'm already putting them to use. I was able to clean out my dresser the other day, all in one day. Able to put it all away at the end of the day. Had one big bag to donate, and one big bag to throw out. I had 1 whole drawer empty when I finished! Woohoo!!

Malia: I love pegasis'! I have a whole wall of them in my office. * The oriental vegetables from Costco are the BEST!!! I mix a handful or two into all of the Create-A-Meals and Lean Cuisine Skillets that I make. It makes for bigger portions without any additional points!

Mary: Hope you had fun at the genealogy seminar. Are you enjoying all of the time to yourself??? Stay on track. When my DH is out of town, I'm generally out of control. Be good. * My favorite flavors of Walmart water are Blackberry Apple and Black Cherry, but a friend says she really likes the Peach Mango Burst. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to.

LuckyLadyBug: Sorry you're not feeling well.

Pumpkinna: Welcome to the group. We're always happy to 'see' new faces.

Michelle: Figures that Andrew's up and running, and mom and dad are down. It's probably more fun for him that way! :) It'll all come together soon. Hang in there.

Susie: Another 1.5#!!! Good for you!! * I love a man who will clean toilets, don't you???

Valerie: Welcome to you too! Glad you are joining us on this journey!

Andria: Hope you will be feeling much better very soon!

Lynne: Welcome back, honeymooner!! Can't wait to hear all the details or your wedding and the trip. Pictures???? Pictures, please!!!

2cute: Those burns sound so horribly painful! I'm glad you're feeling a little better. * You are doing such a great job on this journey. You really are an inspiration! 32# is awsome!!!! * UR2sweet!!!!

I think I got everyone. If I didn't, please excuse. I will try to do much better at getting in here everyday. I get waaaaay too far behind when I don't. I love :love: all of you and miss you when I'm not here.

"If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always got." - Frank Maltese, WW leader

2cute2Bfat
01-29-2002, 02:14 PM
Hi guys !!!!!
Just a quick hello. I am avoiding cleaning. :rolleyes:
I bet you guys all think I must be some BIG slob. LOL
Trust me.. I am not. I am just a clutter collector. :^:
I am going to check out that fly lady site as soon as I get caught up.

Malia... I loved your idea of rewards for staying on program rather than just for weight loss. Often we stay on program and still stall. The focus should be consistency.
I thought your picture of Macho Man was a hoot. LOL :lol:

Lucky Lady...You have an evil side to you. :devil: LOL. Yes... my daughter has her passport... I wasn't there to lose it for her. LOL
Hope you are feeling better.

Mary... please come and vacumn at my house. PLEASE !!!!!!!

Katrina...I was a Girl Scout leader for 5 years. I think I was a pretty good one too. The FIRST requirement for each meeting was to give me a HUG ... and get one back too. I think it is sooooo important for children to feel loved .. unconditionally. I think a few of my girls only got hugs from me. :(

Susie...I got a kick out of your last post. Just writing away... and then said... "Time for lunch..gotta run." ....and you were out of there. LOL. It just sounded so cute. No one better get in the way of a hungry woman and her food. LOL

Andria... I know you aren't reading this.. but I still have to wish you well.

Lynne... WELCOME HOME. I want PICTURES of the wedding!!!!
You have got to make a web site or something. PLEASE please !!!!

I have been avoiding my cleaning long enough.
I have to get this big ole butt in gear.
Speaking of butts....

Jehari
01-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Hi! I am alive. Still not quite well. That sinus and ear infection has really been kicking my butt. The antibiotics that my MIL brought to me proved useless, so I am just trying to tough it out. I decided though, that I can't wait any longer for it to go away. I need to get back into an exercise program NOW. I dusted off the old TaeBo tape today. HOW SAD that was!! I've really let myself go. I was at a point where I could do almost the whole hour video. Today I couldn't get past 20 minutes and I didn't even do all the repititions :( . That's OK though. At least now I have a challenge, a goal to work towards. The reason I quit doing Tae Bo in the first place is because I could finish the video and doing it everyday was boring. Working my way back to being able to finish it again should keep me busy for a few months. I had cookies for breakfast, not a real good start, but I have the rest of the day planned to compensate.

I'm just concentrating on 10 pounds for now. That's about how much I need to lose to fit into all those pants I bought. I want to get into them SOON! While my DH is off at boot camp, I'll be putting myself through boot camp of my own. I want to look GOOD-FANTASTIC-AWESOME when I fly out to his graduation. I am so sad to be without him, but I'm going to use this time as "me" time. I will be able to concentrate on myself, my meal plans, my exercise, all on my own schedule. I will no doubt be spending much more time in here. Things have been so busy getting everything ready before he leaves. Only a few more weeks BOO-HOO!! I'm so glad I have you guys!! :love:

SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK LYNNE!!! :D
AND A "HI" :wave: to 2Cute, TT, Malia, and Andria!!

Gotta go for now,
Jen
:wave:

katrinabgood
01-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Hi all...

Very quick post from me for now...I have SO much stuff to do today...I will be forsaking sleep for errands...:yawn: Tonight is our last Cub Scout meeting. A little bittersweet for me, right now I'm going through pictures that have been taken over these past 5 years...so amazing to see how much the boys have grown! :)

Eating is under control today. No exercise yet, but it's on my mind to squeeze it in somewhere.

Gotta go...back later.

2cute2Bfat
01-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Thinthinker... you snuck in on me while I was posting. would have just edited but I was afraid you would miss it.
It ended up that Jen and Kat were posting at the same time and I couldn't get back in. LOL
So happy to see you again. I used to buy these expensive Macadamia nut cookies and save them for that "special" treat. But I had to cancel that... I have no control with those things... too too good. Mmmmm

I can't believe it has been a year already since your dad passed.
I imagaine that was an emotional situation for you. {{Hugs}}

Good job avoiding Rallys. We don't have those here but I have our own BIG BETTER BURGER places here too. Turning that car is even better than spitting it out. ;)

Jen... good to see you. You will be kicking TaeBo butt in no time.
It is a good plan to dedicate this time for you. Keep focused.

Kat... tonight will be very emotional. Be prepared. Don't let it turn you to food for consoleing.

I also want to send a big smile :D to Valerie and Pumpkinna.
I don't know how I missed you earlier... you must be on the last page and not this one yet. Now I worry about who else I missed. :dizzy:

I really really have to go clean.!!!!!!!!!
Just remember to HANG IN THERE !!!!

thinthinker
01-29-2002, 02:58 PM
Hello again! :wave: You'll all be sorry I came back! :p:

Jen: That will be terribly dramatic for you to lose hubby to boot camp. Hang in there.....and here, we'll pull you through.

Katrina: I wasn't a den leader for Cub Scouts but I arranged all of the Pack activities while my two boys were scouting. It will be a rough night for you. [[[hugs]]]

I was reading on another thread and someone posted this. I thought it was interesting and very useful. See what you think. It's from Dr. Phil's column in Oprah's magazine and is talking about success.

Sometimes we get so hard on ourselves when we feel like we're not being successful. And sometimes, that is rightly so because it seems that no matter how much we want to lose this weight; we still sabotage ourselves.

These are traits and characteristics that Dr. Phil has found in winners, champions and success stories:
1. Specific goals. These winners could describe exactly what constituted success for them. They visualized when and where their success would happen and how it would feel.

2. Strategy. They didn't flounder about, trying first one thing and then another. They had well thought out step-by-step strategies for attaining success.

3. Action. They knew their goal, made a plan and pulled the trigger. The road to he** is paved with good intentions. These people took action.

4. Self-management. They took care of themselves mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. They refused to be dragged down by themselves or others.

5. Passion. They were excited about their goals-- pumped and committed 24/7. They couldn't wait to jump out of bed in the morning and talk about, think about and work on their goals.

6. Support. I've never encountered a true winner who was a lone ranger. These people bonded with others through their enthusiasm.

Integrating these traits into your life can help you succeed in whatever you seek to achieve.

Later, ladies!!!

Grannie39074
01-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Hey look at all the posts!

DH called from the airport he is catching an earlier flight.:D

I ate a subway today. It is so sad i was just going to eat half but it kept calling me from the frig. so I caved in and ate it. at least it was a baked chicken breast.

Good to see you back thin.

LoseForLife
01-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Good morning folks!

In response to your request about photos, we do have a website, and I'm going to arrange to get them onto that. Unfortunately it will take a few weeks, but in the meantime I'll try to email you guys some.... I'll keep you informed!

2cute, WHAT HAPPENED???? Are you okay? You sound like you're in a lot of pain, poor thing!! Hoping for a quite recovery for you! All I can say is GOOD ON YOU for sticking to your weight loss under such hardship!! <<<<BIG HUGS>>>>
BTW, dare I ask where the Wally World quest came from? :lol:

TT, sounds like you've been away for a while, along with Jen and others. Bit like that over the hols. But guess that's why we all need to come in here to kick start each other! :D I can't believe it's been a year since your dad died, and I can imagine that this must be a hard time for you and your family. Our thoughts are with you.

Andria, sorry to hear that your knee's been a "pain" and hope you get better soon! <<BIG HUGS>> to you too!

Hi to Grannie - what's DH out of town for?

Malia, sorry to hear you and your mum have been sad, <<BIG HUGS>> as well!

Jen! I'm in full sympathy for the Taebo thing - I attempted to go for a walk last night, and we live in the hills, so I had a few mountains to tackle, and tell you what!!! I was struggling! At one stage I was practically walking backwards to get to the top! :lol: But as you say, it presents a good challenge to what you know you can achieve if you stick to it!!!!! :D Question: What's boot camp?

Katrina, hi to you too! You are just finishing, and my son is just starting - he's just started school and I bought his uniform today! We've got the joys of sport and music and stuff!

Okay, now if you can bear with me gonna do a quick run down of what's been going on with the wedding and stuff, so you can skip to the bottom if it all gets boring! :rolleyes:

Firstly, the wedding was FANTASTIC. Nothing went wrong. The bridesmaids came up to our house the night before, and Marc went off to spend the night in a hotel with his best man who came over from Sweden. On the day we did the usual hair and makeup, and were done in a nice amount of time. The weather was amazing. Blue skies and a big of white cloud and barely any wind. I had a 1938 Chevrolet vintage car (cream) pick me and my dad and Josh up from our house, and so we had a lovely 15 minute drive through the Adelaide hills to the wedding. The wedding music was Ferago in D minor from memory, and then Vivaldi during the ceremony. The ceremony went for about 15-20 minutes and was great. Marc's parents filmed it, so we've got a really nice video to remember it by. We then had a lovely reception in the garden (this was all in the gardens of friends in the hills, almost botanical in surroundings), with classical music playing in the background. Marc and Josh looked great in their top hat and tails, and I was really pleased with how my ensemble looked. Didn't get sore feet or back and just generally had a fantastic day. Then we left, went back to our B&B to change and have a drink, and then joined everyone at a local pub for drinks and dinner. Very casual and really nice. Then cruised back to the B&B and crashed!!! Everyone has said it's one of the nicest weddings they've been to, and we tend to agree!! :D
The next day we had a casual get together with the immediate family and bridal party to open pressies, and then left for our holiday the next day. We caught a train to Melbourne (11 HOURS!! Yuk!!) and stayed there for a couple of days, and then flew out to Auckland. We were there for a couple of days, and then drove up to the Bay of Islands on the 23/12 and stayed until the 3/1. Swam, walked, lazed, read books, played mini golf, caught Tua Tua shells in the surf on christmas morning, and got a great tan! When we got back we generally lazed about and caught up with Marc's friends, and then went down to Rotorua to visit the bubbling mud and thermal springs. Stayed there for a couple of days and then cruised back. Overall it was an amazing time, and felt like we'd been away for ages.

So now back to reality, and really glad to be home!!! I went for my walk last night, and eating better. We had pizza last night, but I only had 3 slices....

Well, that's my little speel, so I better go and catch up on some work!!!

Till later!

LuckyLadyBug
01-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Andria Glad you will be returning soon.

Lynne Good to have you back – what is a kilo versus a lb?

Malia Keeping myself out of trouble during work hours is easier for me also. I suppose I could just work hard at home to stay away from food there too! :eek:

2Cute Okay if you really want to know about Wally World / Wal-Mart I can ask my sister. She is in management at Wal-Mart headquarters, so she would have heard if they were ever referred to as Wally World. Only for you would I do this !!!!

I don’t know how you do it with your burns. My nose is sore and dry from my cold and I can barely handle that.

Thin WAY TO GO 6 lbs…..:cool:

Jen What Tae Bo tape do you have. I have a Billy Blanks one which you reminded me needs to be dusted off too. I keep thinking what exercise should I do…well, of course this is just a stall tactic for me so you have inspired me to get going. I have many different tapes: Richard’s, Tae Bo, Yoga, and, of course, my new belly dancing ones so my plan is to have them lined up and each day I can pick one and do it. The important part is “do it”. I need to quit trying to plan the perfect exercise routine and just do something. Thanks :D

Grannie39074
01-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Lynn: DH was on a business trip for his company. He had to go certify a supplier in New York. He still ahsn't made it in yet must not have been able to catch an earlier connecting flight.

prism
01-30-2002, 01:17 AM
Jen & Lucky, how I wish I could do Tae Bo. I got the set, but parts of my body act separately. It's scary. I've set it aside until the half way mark, it's pure richard for me.

Lynn, your wedding sounded perfect. Memorable and fun too.

Wow, we had a major rainstorm today. The college football players are here for the hula bowl on Saturday. It must be a bummer to be in this kind of weather. It was dark like night. On the bright side, the rain was warm and the ocean's still there. I woke up at 5am and exercised to richard disco. Had a few slip ups today, but feel pretty positive on my progress. Everyone's talking about Walmart's black cherry water. I have to try some. Yum.

Have any of you measured yourself? It's far more rewarding to see the change in inches.

Here's to sunshine,
Malia

LuckyLadyBug
01-30-2002, 08:03 AM
Malia Thanks for that sun....it's 9 below zero here right now so we need it....

Have a good Wednesday all....

Grannie39074
01-30-2002, 08:13 AM
GONE SHOPPING

Be back later:lol:

thinthinker
01-30-2002, 10:31 AM
Good morning all! :wave: Yesterday went pretty well. I had Subway for dinner last night. Put my own 2% cheese on it and no dressing to lighten it up! Minor victory! What is it that I can't stand about not taking everything that I'm paying for???? It almost killed me to tell them to "hold the cheese". After all, I was paying for the cheese! Geez!!! :rolleyes:

I'm off to work today. I'm taking mom with me and we're going to 'do lunch' while we're out.

It is snowing and has been for hours. I think this might be Michigan's first BIG winter storm. The snow is very wet. It still hovering in the low 30's so the temp's are not awful. The weatherman says it will snow through Friday with the majority of it coming between midnight tonight and rush hour in the morning. Oh Boy!!! :eek:

Lynne: The wedding sounds lovely. I bet your men were sooooo handsome. I love top hats and tails. What a great trip! Sounds like it was just very relaxing and 'together'. Just enjoying each other's company. Did you take Josh with you??? * It's good to have you back. And 'reality' versus the fantasy that it sounds like you've been living for the past 6 weeks will be a real change for you. But it sounds like you're ready for the challenge!

Mary: Hope your DH gets in before this winter storm hits New York. It's headed that way when it's through with us. My girlfriend is flying home from Florida tonight, late. We'll see if she gets in. * Have a fun day shopping!

Prism: Wow, you really have had alot of rain. I loved the part about 'the ocean's still there'. Like it would wash away??? I'm sure that's now how you meant it, but it struck me as cute!

LuckyLadyBug: Wow, 9 below???? Hope you keep the temperature out your way. I'll take all the snow in the world as long as the temp is tolerable!

2cute: Ok, girlfriend, now where are you????

For those of you struggling with the constant eating when you're at home, get out those 1 and 2 WW point recipes, Pumpkin Mousse, Orange Dreamsicle (which by the way is great done in raspberry too), and Pistachio Fluff, and have them on hand in the fridge for when you can't stop, but you don't want to do all the damage. If you don't have or don't remember the recipes, let me know and I'll post them again. It really helps to be prepared.

Gotta run and get dressed to go. See you all later.

"There is no such thing as can't, only won't. If you're qualified, all it takes is a burning desire to accomplish, to make a change. Go forward, go backward. Whatever it takes! But you can't blame other people or society in general. It all comes from your mind. When we do the impossible we realize we are special people." - Jan Ashford

katrinabgood
01-30-2002, 02:45 PM
Hey all...

How is everyone? I'm glad to see so many posts! I made it through my last Cub Scout meeting just fine, thanks...only three of my boys are crossing over to Boy Scouts, the ceremony is on Saturday--I might shed a tear or two then! It has been a lot of fun, despite the parental interference that I have had to deal with. I'm all for parental involvement, we could use a lot more (of the POSITIVE kind) than we get...but some of the petty, selfish little issues that these people raised had a LOT to do with my stress eating! No, I'm not BLAMING them for me being fat...and it was MY reaction to the stress that contributed to my inability to lose...I'm just glad to be done with certain folks...I truly feel sorry for their sons though. Don't mind me...just a little self therapy session!

Now about all of you!

Lynneyour wedding sounds WONDERFUL! Congratulations to you both! It sounds like a lot of you guys on this thread have been together for awhile...how long has this thread been going?

Thinthinker welcome back! Think positive...Shoveling snow burns a LOT of calories! How many inches so far? I hope we get some here on the East coast! I LOVE snow. We don't get enough here. Good job on "doctoring up" your sub! If you don't mind, I'd LOVE the recipes for the goodies that you mentioned! Thanks for the Dr Phil pep talk! I need it!

Go Grannie, GO! How was the shopping? I need a good session for myself...I haven't "gone shopping" other than food, since before Christmas! DH home yet?

2cute How are the burns coming along? I really admire the way you keep a positive attitude through your recovery...I don't know if I would be as cheerful!

Prism Has the rain let up? Did you ever try toe "Eight minute Tae Bo workout"? It's over before you can even think about it! I think I will dust of my VAST video collection...my favorite is "the Firm" although the chick is kind of annoying, the exercise routine is GREAT and you definitely see results quickly! Maybe I'll just turn the sound down and crank up some music!

Lucky BBBBRRRRR! I think shivering must burn some calories too! Although I DO love winter, that may be a little TOO much winter for me! How warm does it get there in the summer?

I have taken WAY more time than I wanted to posting here...so I will just say HI for now to everone else...keep posting everyone! It's great to hear what everyone is up to and dealing with as we deal with our weight loss issues...

Oh yeah, one last thought on the HOT TOPIC... Wally World/Walmart: I thought that "Wally World" was just a nickname in the same way that we call Target--->"TAR-ZHAY" (Sounds fancy, doesn't it?) :LOL:

Grannie39074
01-30-2002, 03:36 PM
I'm back I bought two dresses, two pairs of pants ( size 20), three tops, 3 panties and 2 bras. Spent too much money oh well.

Dh got home about 10:45

thinthinker
01-30-2002, 05:45 PM
Hello all! :wave: Just a quickie before I'm out for the evening. Going to this place where they have billiards and a midway full of games and stuff to do. We're going to dinner and the boys will play the games. Fun, fun!!! And it's not even Friday yet!!! :D

Mary: Sounds like you had a great day shopping!!! Size 20 pants! Woohoo!!! You're doing great!!! :)

Katrina: I'm glad you got your little Cubbies graduated. They're soooo cute!!! Here's the recipes for you. I even added a couple more of my favorites. The fruit pie is yummy and the ice cream sandwiches are really satisfying! Enjoy!!! :p (this really isn't 'sticking out tongue' it's licking lips!!!)

Orange Creamsicle

1 small package sugar free, fat free orange jello
1 small package sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding
1 cup boiling water
8oz. Fat free Cool Whip
1 small can Mandarin oranges, drained (reserve juice)

Add 1 cup boiling water to orange jello. Stir until dissolved. Add water to reserved juice to make 1 cup. Add to jello. Beat in pudding powder. Add mandarin oranges. Fold in Cool Whip.

Makes 4 cups. 1 cup = 1 point
A lady at WW says she tried it with strawberries and strawberry jello, said it was wonderful. I did it with raspberries and raspberry jello and it was really good.

Pumpkin Mousse

2 boxes of sugar free vanilla pudding
2 cups Fat Free (skim) milk
1 3/4 cups of canned pumpkin
3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 - 8 oz. container of fat free Cool Whip

Beat the pudding, milk, canned pumpkin and spice together. Fold in the Cool Whip. Chill for a couple of hours.

Makes 6 - 1 cup servings 1 point per serving
You can use this in a Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Crust and serve as a pie. You will have to add 2 points per 1/8 of the pie.

Pistachio Fluff

1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1 small pkg. sugar free pistachio instant pudding
1 - 8 oz. fat free cool whip

Mix together thoroughly the crushed pineapple with its juice and the pudding powder. Fold in Cool Whip. Chill. I add a little green food coloring at Christmas just to make the color more festive.

1 cup = 1 point

Fruit Pie

2# Strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1 small sugar free strawberry jello
1 small sugar free cook and serve vanilla pudding
2 cups water

Spray deep dish pie pan with cooking spray and wipe excess. Put in fruit. Put water in saucepan. Add jello and pudding powders and bring to a boil. Boil for just a minute. Pour over fruit in pie plate. Chill in fridge for a couple of hours. 1/4 of the pie = 1 pt.

You can put it in a reduced fat graham cracker crust, but then you must count the crust, 2 pts. for 1/8 of the pie. It sets up real good without a crust and it is yummy! Use a dollup of cool whip on top if you're serving guests, they'll love it. Try it with different combinations of fruit. I use strawberries, blueberries and raspberries for a 3 berry pie with sparkling berry jello. I have also done it in all blueberries with either berry or white grape jello. Experiment, this one is good. I make it at least once a week, sometimes twice, when the berries are in.

Ice Cream Sandwiches

Chocolate Graham Crackers
Fat Free Cool Whip

Break crackers so that 2 sections are attached. Spread 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip on a bottom and use the other 2 section piece for the top. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. 1 sandwich = 1 point
You'll love these, tastes just like ice cream sandwiches!

Well, girls, there you have 'em. They should keep you satisfied and on track. Gotta love it!!!!

Later.

Oh, 2cute, where are you??????

LoseForLife
01-30-2002, 07:26 PM
Hi all!

I'm going to have to keep this short, as I'm still catching up on the work from my absence, and I've now got to put my resume in for application on a new job - just going to recruitment agencies at the moment.

So just quickly to say that I got my walk in last night - took the boys :devil: they thought the hill was hard too, but I was pushing them! hee hee
Eating has been so-so, but I haven't unpacked my filing, and all my WW stuff is in amongst it, so I'm just guessing at the moment...

Talk to you all later - I'm hoping to get in tonight...

LuckyLadyBug
01-30-2002, 10:42 PM
I just got home from seeing Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper & Richie Valance...It was great and my favorite is Richie (at least the gorgeous man in TIGHT pants that played him). He is a hot cutie....

So I will post tomorrow cause now I want to get to bed and dream....hmmmm wish my name was Donna.

katrinabgood
01-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Oh boy, I am stopping at the store in the am to pick up the ingredients...those sound great!

Nighty night, all!:yawn:

prism
01-31-2002, 02:47 AM
Hi all,

How's everything? No rain today. Major flooding yesterday. It's heating up and very humid. The hula bowl football players had to practice in the gym. Tomorrow should be a clear, beautiful day. Everything sparkling after the rain. Looking at my progress, I went downhill today. On the bright side, I drank 8 glasses of water. That's not much is it. Try again tomorrow.

Dreamtime calls...sweet dreams of success,
Malia

2cute2Bfat
01-31-2002, 03:13 AM
Well here it is 2 am so here I am. :lol:

This thread is about to go to another page so I am going to start a new thread. This thread will be continued at 300+ and ready to try again... #127.

If you want to know where I have been.. you will have to come check out the new thread. :s:
Don't you just love a mystery?? :lol:
See you all there. :wave: