Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Sz 16/Sz 4/Sz 4

Height: 5 feet

Default Question Re Maintainance

I have a question for Marzbe, Dan and other maintainers. Where did you wind up after going through stabilization phase? Did you wind up adding all off the extra exchanges over the 6 week period? Did you alter your workout program to a maintenance level or did you stay the same?

I was put on Red 1 no lites because of exercise. I am starting stabilization this week and was just curious where I might wind up. All comments are welcome even if you are not on maintenance.

Thanks
Bermuda_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #2  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Bermuda:

It is my understanding that during stabalization you will add all the exchanges back over a period of time, depending on how your body reacts to the new exchanges. Here is an explanation that I previously typed up:

If you do not add the portion for the week due to the 3 lb increase, wait until your weight returns to the 3 lb range and then add the portion. Then move on to the next week in its order. For example, during week 5 you are up 3 lbs and cannot add the starch portion. Add Nothing. During week 6 you are back down within the 3 lb range, add the portion from week 5. After adding week 5's portion and completing that week of stabalization add the portion from week 6 (which will be in week 7, but not if you are back up 3 lbs). When you get to week 7 if you are back up 3 lbs, wait until you have stabalized on that and then add week 6. It may take you several extra weeks to complete a phase of stabalization, but you will be able to add ALL the portions listed, it just may take longer than 6 weeks.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Bermuda- How many hours a week are you exercising to get to Red1? Just curious in the difference between Red and Red1.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  

Default Thanks

Aguerin that makes perfect sense - Started my first week of stabilization today.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #5  

Default Moved to Red1 vs Red

Buffy - they moved me to Red1 instead of Red because I don't do the lites. I work out 6-7 hours per week.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I stabalized from Red with lites. So I'm on the same page as you Bermuda. Week 1 you add an extra fat, which is the easiest by far thing to add.

You don't add the extra 1/2 protein, but I take that day by day. I actually found for me I have to take the maintaing thing day by day. Most days the 6 veggies aren't a problem, but there's at least 2-3 days a week that I only eat 3 starches and 3 fruits. COD actually told me that as long as I get in the exchanges from the loss phase I'll be okay.

If you need anything feel free to PM me, I have my diary saved from all six weeks if that would be any help.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #7  

Default Thanks Marzbe

I may want to take a look at your diary but I don't think I can PM yet - I need more posts.