Support Groups - Happy Moooo Year, here's to 10 years of perfection

Wabby
12-31-2007, 11:27 AM
If nothing else, this is a persistant herd. Cheers to you all. I'll be having a quiet evening with a much younger man. Baby :hat::bb:Vincent and I will be ringing in the new year together while his mommy and daddy get a break. It will be our first sleep over together. :hat::bb:

just_a_dreamy1
12-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Happy New Year!

My boyfriend and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary :) We're having a relaxing dinner at home, then going to a comedy show. Later, we might drop in at a friend's house (she's having a party). It will be my first time going to a party and not drinking, so it should be interesting! (Fun and tiring :dizzy:)

Wishing you all the best in the New Year. Cheers!

Bagzz
12-31-2007, 07:16 PM
happy MOOOOOOOOOO year to you all---CowCows!!! perhaps we will find a way to deal with our extra poundage THIS year---i agree Wabby--it is a persistant herd in the sense that we still hang in here pretending to looose weight while really hoping to sell a few sponges or find Betty's green shoe---OR walk around the Duck Hudda Pond=-====we are going over to sissy's tonight---i have a headache so that makes me not want to drink---BUT i WANT to drink so we shall see---i think spending the evening with Baby Vincent sounds utterly divine!!!! Can we see some pics soon---he must be getting bigger already!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR --I MEAN MOOOOOOO YEAR!!!

Schatzi
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Happpeee New Year all you divine bovines! :hat:

Wabby
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry. I hi-jacked the herd without telling anyone.

I can't take this rainy weather anymore. I'm going to Arizona for a couple weeks on the 16th. Any of youz cows want to meet me there?

Schatzi
01-02-2008, 07:42 PM
New Year - New Thread..makes sense wabbalicious.
I will be in loverly Lincoln Nebraska, the week of the 16th... My blood has thinned ! I'm a southinah now, I dont no how I shall cope with the midwest winter! I'd rather go to Arizona... I leave this Saturday for week with the wee people in Dublin, and may be there again the week of the 21st? I feel like a gypsy.

Xmas was a bust..I got the flu..phooey! We came home on the 26th... I had to cancel all my play dates with my galpals waaaaa.
New Years was marvy, our neighboor invited us to the neighboorhood NY Eave party.. We met about 30 neighbors - and various neighbors dropped by with candy and wine to welcome us to the neighborhood...
nuthin else to report...how was your news years cowies?

Bagzz
01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh schatzi lives on WISTERIA LANE!!! I wonder if they have any leave your keys in the fishbowl parties there!!! how nice,seriously,for them to welcome you and invite you to a party---sounds like a lovely neighbourhood----my sister who runs a few call centres has been to Ireland on business----i hear it's lovely and GREEEEN over there---my dd loved it when she was there ====said she had the BEST cheese EVER in Ireland!=====I think Arizona sounds about perfect Wabby----WE HAVE SO MUCH EFFIN SNOW HERE I WANT TO GET THE **** OUT OF HERE---WE HAVE HAD AT LEAST FIVE STORMS IN A MONTH---IT'S ABSOLUTELY NUTS--WE HAD A BIG STORM ON NEW YEARS'S EVE DAY AND ONE LAST NIGHT----THE SNOWBANKS ARE UNREAL-----WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bagzz
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
That Is The Square Across From My Market Where My Shop Is---it Has Stormed Three Times Since I Took That Picture!

Kiwonk
01-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Did everyone eat black eyes peas today? Mind are delicious and I have turnip greens and corn break. Mmm sounds pretty good. I thought about it, but I ate leftover moose hungarian goulash instead. What is DS doing working his tushy off on vacation? DD is so burned out from the semester that she declined to work at all during her time home. She was working sometimes 18 hours a week at school. I think that's too much. But you can't really argue with her grades, so far 2 As and an A-.

Baby :hat::bb:Vincent and I will be ringing in the new year together while his mommy and daddy get a break. Oh what a Perfect New Year! On New Year's Eve, I picked up DH's great-nephew to deliver to his grammie (my SIL) so his parents could enjoy an evening out. He was as good as gold in the car. Ah babies. Well, he's 2, but still. Glad you got to do that; who needs champagne and confetti when you have sweet baby smell?
I'm going to Arizona for a couple weeks on the 16th. Any of youz cows want to meet me there?Does that ever sound lovely! Like Bagz, we have been having snowstorm after snowstorm. I must take a pic of my back yard; I don't think I've ever seen quite this much snow here in Maine. It looks more like Buffalo (I lived there when I was a kid) with the tons and tons of lake effect snow.

New Years was marvy, our neighboor invited us to the neighboorhood NY Eave party.. We met about 30 neighbors -Nice! Sorry to hear your Christmas was flu-ed out. I didn't feel too great either because of pulling a muscle in my neck a couple of days before, but it was a nice quiet Christmas. I want to go to Ireland. How much luggage can you take :lol:
WE HAVE SO MUCH EFFIN SNOW HERE I WANT TO GET THE **** OUT OF HERE---WE HAVE HAD AT LEAST FIVE STORMS IN A MONTH---IT'S ABSOLUTELY NUTS--WE HAD A BIG STORM ON NEW YEARS'S EVE DAY AND ONE LAST NIGHT----THE SNOWBANKS ARE UNREAL-Isn't it insane? Did all of your snow stick around too? Last night we (DH & I, DD & bf) all piled into DH's truck and took turns plowing. How redneck is that? Couldn't believe all the snow on the main road. Usually that's plowed regularly, but at 11 PM they hadn't even made one pass and there was about 6" piled up. BF had to drive home in it, still a blizzard so he couldn't see.

So yeah, I went to dietitian and I'm allowed to eat cardboard, air, and floor sweepings. :p I have signed up at FitDay, which is sort of amusing, and very easy to use. A whole lot easier than that site we used to go to, what was it Diet Watch? Honestly I'm going to starve to death.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Just to let youse know, it got to 18 last night. I know that 16 F is 61 C so ... was cold in any language. My car got new antifreeze yesterday fortunately. The mechanics had told me the radiator is leaking but not to do anything. Just wait til it gets worse. Doesn't need antifreeze. Won't get that cold. So I called yesterday to say DS will be in town a few more days and could they please check the radiator while he's here so I'll have transporatation. They said to come right away and get antifreeze.

Me: You're the ones that said it didn't need antifreeze.

Them: I didn't know it would get to 18.

So was a lucky phone call.

I've had some ups and downs at work. Got fulltime status. Got trained for more responsibility. First day doing THAT job, the til was almost $150 short. I would be 98 percent sure I made a mistake BUT another woman (Ice Queen) was using MY till so I'm not 100 percent sure she didn't do something.

Then, as a regular cashier, a woman's credit card wouldn't go through and she acted not so coherent. As trained, I gave the credit card and the receipt to the bagger and told him to take it to the customer service counter. He stepped away from me, gave her back her credit card and she left without paying. I'm in trouble not him as English is not his first language. I'm supposed to know he didn't understand even though he's worked there 6 years, I've heard him speak English and he acted like he understood.

But it's all ok now, I think. I talked to my boss yesterday about it and he was nice .. said it's the cost of doing business.

I don't want DS to go back to school. He's apply for two summer thingies: one internship in another state and one summer job in another state. One thing that's surprised about me is that he can cook! He has made three dinners this week and they were yummy and well presented.

I was worried at work (he worked over the break) when he was bagging for me and he put three heavy bottles into one plastic bag for a woman. She said it probably needed double bagging and he said, "I think it's fine." I was shocked and asked him to double bag it but he did not. She winked at me. Later, he told me that she had made a rude comment to him that I didn't hear .. one of those condescending comments that adults feel they can make to kids and that customers feel they can make to hourly paid people. So at least I know there was a motive.

Baby Vincent sounds wonderful and cuddly.

I am getting my hair dyed gray.

Kiwonk
01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Wow, cold! It was -2 F when we drove into town today; I think it's up to 10F right now. Not sure what 18 deg F is in C, but 32F=0C. :dunno:

Good 4 U getting on full time, Cowpeach. I love how it's always the checker's fault, right? If someone falls down in the parking lot, it's still your fault, eh?

Gotta go up to friends' cottage to make dinner for them. DD and BF are going to try making sushi (I gave them a kit for Christmas) and we are also having shrimp, salmon, and steak tips (Guess who planned this? DH :doh: )

Later
Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
HI THERE PERFECT BABES! I followed a nearly perfect diet the past 2 days. 3 servings of floor sweepings, 4 servings of air, and 14 tons of snow! Mmmm.

Seriously, I'm still using Fitday (yeah, after 2 whole days! Don't I have a long attention span? note that I am surprised that I am still doing it); it's quite easy. And with dialup, it takes forever to enter stuff in, so I don't have time to snack. Whatever will I do with all that Christmas candy :chin:

The sushi feast was great fun -- my friend and I sat at her kitchen island enjoying a beverage while DD and BF played Japanese chefs. The (old) guys lounged on the couch talking plows... The sushi came out gorgeous and was truly delicious!! I've never been a big fan of sushi, but it helped knowing just what was going into it, and we all totally enjoyed it. Then we played pool for a while and finally grilled the salmon and steak tips and feasted some more. Incredibly, I didn't overeat. I may have had a little more than my share of Southern Comfort, but hey, life is short.

Isn't this nauseating, me talking about diets? I'm not even addressing weight at all. I am solely motivated by the whole cholesterol thing (at least I'm trying to be), which I figure I will nip in the bud by the time of my next appointment in 6 weeks. That is if I don't give it all up in boredom or frustration. But you're not going to let me do that, are you????

Ladidah.

Bagzz
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
i totally support kiwi's new diet regime-the fact that she has behaved for {2} DAYS at a time is laudable and noteworthy-----so far,she has the best habits of the herd. Now i have to go eat some chicken bone bark===it's white chocolate with crushed chicken bones in it.

Cowpernia
01-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Bagz's local cuisine is amazing. I don't have chicken bone bark. How dull it is here.

Kiwi may have started good habits but I have made my own change. I went to the beauty shop to have the grey streaks put in my hair. I have been dying my hair and she said to make it lighter and lighter as that would blend better. The streaks in the dyed hair looked interesting. I was happy. It looked weird though but I'm ready for weird. But then she put something on all the hair and it "toned down" the dyed hair and now it's all kind of light brassy colored except the roots. The roots are left alone so they can grow out. They are dark. I am confused about all this. But I look brand new and sparkly.

Bagzz
01-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Brand new and Sparkly!! i love it!~!---brand new sparkling cows!! what a lovely idea!!!---i am at work---NO ONE IS HERE,well,i lie---all the people who like to have 'breakfast at the city market' are here ---drinking coffee,eating bagels and Dave's famous Blueberry Pancakes and cinnamon buns!!! except for me,i am here in my shop,typing.Two weeks ago in this shop,i could not stop to go to the pissatorium.oh well, i knew this was coming----dd and i are changing all our prices to 'tax included'=----that way when the Boat people arrive at the end of may { til the end of october} they won't start wailing at me----" MY LAWD CHILE,THAT TAX IS AWFUL HIGH AROUND HE-AH!!!!" ----OKAY,I NEED TO LOOOSE TEN POUNDS FOR SURE CAUSE ALL ME PANTS ARE SINGIN ON ME----I THINK I MAY HAVE TO START BY LOOSING THE CHICKEN BONE BARK!!!

Schatzi
01-05-2008, 11:29 AM
:cp: Yay for Healthy Sushi eating ,sparkly new hairdooooos, and chickenbarkeatingtaxincluded cowsies.... I was beginnin to think the herd headed for the barn for the winter...
I'm suppose to be packing for my week in wee people world... I'm procrastinating.. the thought of flyin to newark 3 hour lay over and then another 6 hours has been in a whiny mood.
My eating is terrible.. I will need to take my lead from Kiwonkers. If you keep on track Kiwi you will be 5 pounds lesss in a weeeeeeek!
Congrats Peachers CashierExtrodinarie on the progression of your job!
We went to Furniture land.. they have a 500 foot Dresser as an entrance how hysterical! and floors and floors of all kinds of furniture TOOOO MANY CHOICES!!!! I got a nice office set.. time to return the kitchen table to its rightful place and use... and we picked out a couch and 2 chairs for the formal living room..I suck at picking fabrics so this should be interesting when it arrives.....ok, If I can find a way to connect with my work puter I'll check in - I need my fix of cows...
Cheers!

Kiwonk
01-05-2008, 02:50 PM
How appropriate for the Moo Year, to be Perfectly Brand New and Sparkly! I want pitchers.

I'm trying to decide whether you are sorry to have to be at work instead of at home with the kids, Bagz, or whether it makes a good excuse to escape from the mob of teens'n'twenties!

Seriously, a 500 foot dresser? I can't even picture it! Couldn't complain of lack of storage with that, eh? Good luck on the Ireland packing. Do you need an assistant to accompany you on your trip? I speak the language! :lol:

We ran out of tennis balls. How sad. I will have to send someone to the tennis ball store to get more.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Who wants to barbecue?

SugP
01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I am not sparkly, I am blah and fat. Too much before bed eating, something that I don't usually do. Kids go back to school tomorrow after a couple weeks off. I blame them. We put a new book shelf up in the bedroom. Whoo.

There were three hefty earthquakes off the coast of British Columbia yesterday so I panicked a bit but when I phoned my parents they were eating breakfast, happy as clams. Still afraid this might set off The Big One but will try to keep worry to a minimum.

Cowpernia
01-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I used to worry about the Big One too, Sugar. That's partly why I moved here. DS is going to Los Angeles later this month for a fencing tourney. I will resume worrying with you.

He just drove away. I am so sad. People at work NOTIcED my hair but didn't like it, I think. I don't either. It's ok for a while but brassy.

Can you light a fire in that thing and let the food cook and go back inside while it's doing it? Bagz does that on her back porch.

Blah. I am so .... whatever.

PainterWoman
01-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Glad to know you are perfect! I don't want to wait ten years, myself.;)
I mostly took off the past 5 months.
My dear friend succumbed to the multiple challenges of her melanoma on December 15. She was loving, gracious, faithfilled and even good natured to the very end. She knew she was loved, and we knew she loved her. The services were heart wrenching (her son and two grandchildren and a step daughter remembered her), but again, love filled. Quite a role model. Oddly, I'm not overwhelmed with grief, but I miss her many times each week.

I'm back to the WW plan of writing down everything I eat. This week, I'm not even trying to "manage" what I eat. It's just that if I eat it I write it. Next Monday, I'll start counting points (I'm probably not eating enough right now... but since I didn't hold back over the holidays, that seems reasonable!) In February I'll add Yoga. I hope to get some walking in before that.

Best to all.

Wabby
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
How can I lurk if no one posts?

PainterWoman
01-09-2008, 05:35 AM
I was wondering the same thing!

Wabby
01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
OK, cowsies, we need some fascinating subject to talk about. Weather? our dogs or kitties? the disarray of our abodes? our children/grandchildren/misc. family members? Please don't mention loosing weight. Or losing weight. either one. Shall we discuss our exercise plans? No? Have I mentioned I've developed a serious addiction to homemade white bread? I got the recipe off the internet. I think it may be the crack cocaine of bread. I think you all need to stage an intervention.

Bagzz
01-09-2008, 12:36 PM
how about the recipe instead???hahahaaaaa- oh my lord,i need an intervention---i have been soooooooooooooo blahhhhhhh and eating such crap=-===but you are right wabby---let's talk about cats!!hahahaha!!!---how about weather??? we had tons of snow and now it has been raining and 60 degrees farenheit!!! snow banks are falling!! it's great!----AND WHAT ABOUT THAT OLE HILARY CLINTON!!! I WAS HOPING FOR OBAMA AND WHOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH SHE PULLED HER OUT OF THE HAT JUST LIKE THAT!! I still prefer oprahbama though---i might like any other woman ---but she just doesn't appeal to me for some reason-----any more topics????? when are you going to arizona wabs??? where the blazes are kiwonk and peach??? it's pretty bad when the lurkers are forced to post!!! i am at work so i better look busy---i might have to speak to myself for my slacking ways!

Kiwonk
01-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Just speaking for myself, I am so depressed I can barely speak, even with my fingers. Pure blah, with crying jags. I was feeling pretty good, probably due to my change in um, I don't want to say the D word, uh food consumables, but for whatever reason, I am now down in the dumps fer sure. The weather changed, it's now soggy and drippy. Our snowbanks are not exactly melting, it's more like they are just getting wetter. Trying to slog through them is like walking through peanut butter (although fat free). Driveway back to ice as soon as the temp goes down tonight. Cripe. DD leaving to go back to school maybe Saturday, 5, yes count 'em 5 days early. Because she hates her mother that much. DD and DH high tailed it out of the house to the Big City this morning, apparently hoping to get out before I got up, but I foiled their plans. Of course they didn't ask if I wanted to go, left asap. They went shopping, returning, going to the movies. I did dishes, wiped up the bathroom, sobbed, drank warmed over coffee. Now I have to go to a meeting for the stupid music boosters I don't even know why I'm still in. Good god, somebody get me a lethal weapon. Oy. :barf:

Happy Happy Joy Joy

One thing did make me smile for a few minutes: I read an article in the paper about smoking: they passed a law in Maine that cigs couldn't be sold without Fire Safe Paper, and smokers are complaining about the taste. Made me laugh.

Kiwi, the mean and ugly

Bagzz
01-09-2008, 06:35 PM
kiwi!!! i feel terrible about how you are feeling!!!! my heavens!!! your dd could never think that way about you--you are soooooooo good to her and adore her--!!!!! oh,that makes me feel so bad!!!---it's kind of weird too,cause i was just thinking to myself this week---i feel depressed but i was telling dh that i was blaming it on meno**** and the weather --------------just the absolute WRONG time of year,and maybe of life---i will hold you up in my best of thoughts tonight dear friend!!xoxoxoxoxoxo

Wabby
01-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Oooooh. Crying jags R us. Did you mention to DD how many hours of labor it took to push her out into the world? did you mention 'roids and stretchmarks and swollen ankles? I can tell you something, Kiwi, if it gives you any consolation, some day she'll have babies and then she'll finally, really understand how hard it is to be a mother and have to let go.

Bagzie, I'm leaving next Wednesday for AZ, and not a minute too soon. It's been nothing but rain, fog and damp here for as long as I can remember. I'm so sad. I told my friend today that I felt like I looked as though I'd aged 10 years, and she said "you look like the same Wabby, but your eyes look sad." She's right.

Kiwi, meet me in Vegas. We can drink margies until we're senseless.

Bagzz
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
i would be so happy if kiwi would meet wabby in vegas---that would make my day---if i win the lottery tonight {yes--i do have a ticket} i am sending us all to vegas to meet wabby and we will find a way to be happy together-----peachers,bring yer new hairdo,sugar,git on the train,cherry---fire up your treadmill,shatzi,change your ticket,I'LL PICK KIWI UP IN THE BIG CITY,am i forgetting anyone???? LET'S GO TO MARGARITAVILLE!!!!

PainterWoman
01-10-2008, 05:21 AM
Sometimes being sad is so RIGHT, although I don't hear that anybody is actually enjoying it.

I think I sort of OD's on sweets a couple of times during "Christmas" and I haven't wanted the simple carbs and sugars as much as in the past... And I DO feel better (not to mention better about myself.)

We have appetites, needs wants, etc. etc. (whether it is warm weather in Vegas, or sunshine in the far North). Let's make some sort of promise to be gentle with ourselves AND kind.

If you need a bazillion questions (that a coach might ask you) let me know and I'll send you a PDF file with a 30 page list! Of course "work" and thinking aren't helpful if what you really need is a good cry and a nap.

Hugs to all.

SugP
01-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Just speaking for myself, I am so depressed I can barely speak, even with my fingers. Pure blah, with crying jags.

Awww, you too, huh? :hug: I've been feeling utterly carpy for days and can't figure out if it's mental or physical or what. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Is it just January, or what?

Loosing weight is the last thing on my mind although Leslie and I did have a 3 mile date on Monday. That woman's perkiness nearly did me in. :dizzy:

There are little bits of fluff and dry leaves all over my house that show up when the sun shines and make everything look shabbier than usual.

And I have KILLLLLLERRRRRR heartburn.:devil::devil::devil:

Bagzz
01-10-2008, 07:41 PM
finally it was nice enough to walk by the bay again----someone has set up a bench to look out at the ocean so i took a picture---tomorrow is supposed to bring snow and then freezing rain and then rain---sounds lovely. i am sorry the herd seems to be feeling down----i am ready to blame it all on our age,our weather and the month of january-----other than that we are stuck just being depressed. i wish it didn't make me feel like eating like a hog----i am reading a lonnnnnnnnnng book for book club--it's called 'Fingersmith'----i probably already droned on about it---anyway----its over five hundred pages and i am almost half way through--book club is next tuesday so i guess i better get crackin again-----hope we come out of these doldrums sooooonnnnnnnn ---love to all my cowcows! { i like it when wabby calls us Cowsies!}

Wabby
01-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I read that book a few years ago. Do you want me to save you time and tell you how it ends???

Go see the movie Juno. It's a movie to make you laugh...... at least for the moment. I've gotten into the routine of going with some friends to the movies every Friday night. Also for a good, but not as light hearted movie go see Atonement. Tomorrow we're seeing The Kite Runner. It was one of my favorite books, so I hope they don't mess it up in the film. On Saturday night I'm going to Bunco. I go, but I still feel like my heart is encased in lead.

I comfort eat. I'm getting fat. ---er. I'm getting fat-ter.

Wabby
01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Bagzie, I forgot to tell you ------ your picture is loverly.

Cowpernia
01-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Every once in a while, I meet someone from Maine and I say that I have a friend in Dogpatch, ME and they ALWAYS say, "That's way up there." No one from Dogpatch comes to Flawridder. One woman recently said, "That's just before the End of the Earth." The earth ends at the Canadian border I was informed. So what does that make Bagzie?

Kiwi, get on your boat and said down here. We can watch Channel 4 on my rabbit ears-tv and eat Tuna Helper. Or we can sit on your boat and eat take-out.

Did I brag about what DS accomplished while home? I don't recall. Since I have nothing else to say, I will risk repeating that he fixed a broken toilet, garbage disposal, sticky mailbox and electrical sockets in the bathrooms. All you had to do in the bathrooms was push a button but I pushed it a lot and it did no good. He removed a spring in the mailbox door; partially dismantled and remantled (well, what word would you use?) the garbage disposal; replaced the flapper and chain in the toilet. ANNNNDD he cooked dinner three nights and was yummy. He bought pasts once and used the recipe on the box for tuna sauce with capers and stuff. I was quite pleased.

I would probably vote for Hillary just because I know she tried to get that health care thing through once and she put up with Bill so well. But why didn't the other competitors get a chance? Just Hillary and Obama on the Demo side. They're just most famous, not best I think. Nothing against Obama but I'd prefer not to vote for anyone Oprah backed. Not a good reason but so what. A friend sent me a spammy email explaining that I should not vote for Hillary because Bill already gets a big presidential retirement check and this would give them two. My reasoning is as good as that, I think.

Bagzz
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
wabby!!! everyone here is sooooooo excited about Juno cause the leading people are Canadian and the girl lead is from HALIFAX!!! {just a hop across the bay}--here at the beginning of the Ends of the Earth,we are plotting the take over of american cinema!!---also i am actually enjoying that weird book wabby so if i don't finish by next tuesday,i will take you up on the offer!!---i just closed the shop for five minutes so i could run over to the two dollar magazine friday--there is a used book store that sells current {usually last month} magazines for two dollars--you can get oprah,martha and ALL the decorating mags that usually cost from 5 to 10 bucks--for two dollars on friday mornings----i am a mag junkie so it saves me alot while i overspend it!!---PEACHERS !!! HOW ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE OF YOUR DARLING SON to do all that work and to actually KNOW how to do it--that would have cost an arm and a leg if you got the plumber,the electrician etc to do it!!!----ohhhhhhhhh well--i better get to work--i need to order some rings!! kiss kiss----feel better sugar,wabs,peach and COME HOME KIWI---WE MISSSS YOU!!!

Cowpernia
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I am listening to Ringo right now on Early Show. He is ... not so good. They said that "in the day" he was one of the best and most requested singers in Liverpool. Now, he sounds creaky. Unlike me.

With no help from ANY OF YOU HEIFERS I won the postcard contest. I am still awaiting things promised by three of you. Now that my mailbox opens, I can check it more easily.

I love Ringo anyway. I love him most. I've never heard of him doing women wrong as I have heard about the other living Beatle.

Bagz, one of the best things about DS fixing the stuff is that he didn't know he could do it. I took him into the store, had the woman explain TO ME how to fix the toilet and handed him the stuff and left him to it. Then I found a website on fixing garbage disposals and showed him that and left him to that again. So I'm sure we're both proud.

Kiwi, come and sob here. I am home today. I want to hear your stuff.

Cowpernia
01-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I have an exercise secret to share. I hate hate hate hate hate lunges. But when I do them I can squat down to the floor and pick up stuff. When I don't do them, I pick up stuff by sticking my butt in the air, pushing my knees apart and leaning forward. In one scenario, I am a graceful dancer; in the other, I am old fart. Eh? And further secret, I can't do lunges. I hang on to chairs to get up and down. Obviously, I don't do them often enough.

Kiwonk
01-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I've been feeling utterly carpy for days and can't figure out if it's mental or physical or what.It's mentaphysical!

Actually for me it's a combination of Seasonal Affective Disorder, the recurring empty nesting that horrifyingly hits every single f:censored: time the little darling goes back to school, and something new -- not stuffing it all down with food. Yes, eating healthy is depressing. My mom told me years ago when she lost a crapload of weight one year that it resulted in a monster case of depression. Not because she was miserable about being thinner, but because she wasn't eating to cover up what was apparently there all the time. Good news, everyone, eating too much keeps your moods stable? Okay, that's bit backwards, but happy happy joyjoy one more thing to deal with. Yesterday I used the butter dish for the first time in a week, how weird is that?

I love the idea of 2 dollar magazine day -- I used to be quite the magazine addict. Then I discovered how much more time I could waste on the internet! I'm with you, though, Bagz, if they were only $2 I'd be bringing them all home.

I've gotten into the routine of going with some friends to the movies every Friday night. Cool! That sounds like a wonderful idea.

Every once in a while, I meet someone from Maine and I say that I have a friend in Dogpatch, ME and they ALWAYS say, "That's way up there." No one from Dogpatch comes to Flawridder. One woman recently said, "That's just before the End of the Earth." We are indeed right there on the edge of the abyss. The Earth starts over again at the Canadian border. Even people who used to live here for years aren't inclined to come allllllllll the way back up here to visit. Our 3d Oregon friends are coming to Maine for a week soon and we will have to drive 4 hours if we want to see them.

Did I brag about what DS accomplished while home?Wow, that's fantastic! So cool that he's just learned how to do those things and done them. Such a smark boy.ANNNNDD he cooked dinner three nights and was yummy. Indeed he is.
Nothing against Obama but I'd prefer not to vote for anyone Oprah backed. Not a good reason but so what. A friend sent me a spammy email explaining that I should not vote for Hillary because Bill already gets a big presidential retirement check and this would give them two. My reasoning is as good as that, I think.Your reason is worlds better than hers (his?). If you trusted Oprah, you might vote for Obama just for that reason, why not do the opposite if you don't trust her judgment? At least it's an opinion. Your friend's reason is nothing but ugly spite.
With no help from ANY OF YOU HEIFERS I won the postcard contest. I am still awaiting things promised by three of you. Now that my mailbox opens, I can check it more easily. OH CRAP!

I was waiting for you to get that mailbox fixed. Yes, that's it. Damn.

See? I suck. What'd I tell you?

Gotta go do something useful. I'm still in my pjs

kiwi

Cowpernia
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I was in my pjs til I went down to the water company and paid my $5.47 bill with coins. It was so low because I paid more last month. Then I came home and re-pjed.

Thank you for acting like my Obama reasoning makes sense. I found the following online. does it make sense?

Here's a little known tactic for getting out of credit card debt: Send in bi-weekly payments. Say you owe $5,000 on a credit card with a 17% interest rate and 3% minimum payment. If you only send in the minimum amount every month, by the time you've paid off that $5,000, your interest bite would be $4,119. Your $9,119 total tab would be paid off in a mere 14 years! This month, you'd have to send in $150. Pay it in advance of the due date, and start pinching your pennies. Believe it or not, if you get in $75 -- half of that $150 -- every fourteen days from then on, you'd cut your interest bill by $2,521. And you'd be debt free in 3 years and 18 weeks, not 14 years! Think about it ... a half payment every two weeks will result in 26 payments a year, since there are 52 weeks in a year. But that's the equivalent of 13 monthly payments, not 12. The entire extra month's worth of payments will go toward paying off your outstanding balance.

Kiwonk
01-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Good for you. I think it's important to commit to pj-wearing in spite of those small interruptions.

Yes, it somewhat makes sense. I am not sure it would save you any more than if you sent the extra payment in right now, or added $5 to each payment. What I don't know is whether they credit all of your extra payment amount to principal, in which case it would be of a real benefit. This method is usually used for paying down mortgages -- any extra you pay over your usual monthly payment is, I think, legally required to be applied to the principal, which reduces the amount of interest you will ultimately pay.

Wow, I know something financial. Yay me.

My daughter is going back to school tomorrow. I'm getting off here and go give her a big hug.

PainterWoman
01-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Well, I actually got my cajones together and went to WW. -.6 since before Christmas... Not much considering that it "might" have been 8 lbs in 4 weeks... On the other hand, there was a lot of cookie, cheese and "dip" consumption in December.

DH and I took a short walk tonight before dinner... (unseasonably warm here, but that should change because the Ft. Worth "Fat Stock Show" (cattle, not IPO's) is next week, and traditionally, it rains.

I forgot my meds yesterday, and I think my legs (all joints from toes to hips) are in revolt. OW!

I'm on call this weekend. I hope that the locals make sure they save their fights until NEXT weekend, and that nobody dies alone or in a wreck. Then I can sleep tight, and sleep in.

Any of you doing WW?

Kiwonk
01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi kids. Said byebye to DD and the bf today. She found out, oh I think yesterday, that she couldn't get in the dorm until Monday morning :rolleyes: so instead of spending an excruciating 2 more days with us and allowing us the privilege of driving her to school, she is hanging out at the bf's dorm until Monday am, when he will have to get up at the crack of dawn to drive her to the bus station. She is hauling everything but her guitar with her on the bus->subway->college shuttle (or walking 2-3 miles). We gave her a giant suitcase on wheels for Christmas, so she has that, a backpack and a stuffed tote/computer-bag. Hopefully she is leaving anything else with the bf to retrieve next weekend. Insanity of youth. I remember hauling a gigantic suitcase (no wheels on those then) up over a hill and down the icy road to the bus (->subway->train-or-airport) myself back in the day. I guess I was just as stubborn ("here's some cash, dear, get a cab" -- turns out she is as much of a penny-pincher as I was)

:cheers: on the walking, Painty. Hard to imagine being able to walk comfortably on pavement this time of year. It's a distant dream for me. No sidewalks for 3 miles, just snowbanks and icy roads. I've been sending Jet out to run around the (ice)yard by herself half the time rather than skid around with her in my boots. She's bored. She's actually gotten better about coming inside when I call her, it's funny. Used to be she'd look at me and then run up the driveway one last time (or more). Now she looks at me, looks at the driveway, and more often than not decides not to brave the ice any more and comes in. She gets lavishly rewarded for coming the first time I call her, so better obedience may be the surprise side effect of crappy weather. How odd.

I am boring. I would be bored with my MTnest™ but I can fill an entire afternoon entering food and nutrition in Fitday.

ta have a lovely
Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/country_profiles/791892.stm) is where DD would like spend her summer, and possibly part of her study abroad next fall. Their leader is a sultan named Qaboos. Sort of cute for a middle eastern country, I guess....

Cowpernia
01-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Why? She's studying abroad for a semester and in more than one country? Why that part of the world? Isn't it odd how our children think?

DS is going to LA in two weeks with his fencing team. I wonder if he wants to go because he was born there. Anyhow, he is going and spending two nights at UCLA.

Headache. Me. 12:15 a.m. Chewing gum. Exciting life.

Kiwonk
01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
That part of the world because she is learning Arabic and majoring in Middle Eastern Studies :shrug: I can't really argue with her reasoning. Personally I think study abroad should be an excuse to see pretty things, like Copenhagen. But clearly I am not a serious person...

Does chewing gum help the headache? It seems a strange time of day to chew gum, don't you think? Wouldn't 3 PM be more conventional?

Yesterday I had time to do some stuff and I couldn't figure out what to do. I think my brain went off to college or to the moon and forgot to take me with it.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-14-2008, 08:45 AM
I a so perplexed. This musical, dancing, delightful child is majoring in ... What are her plans?

I had a bad experience yesterday. Coming home from work, I have to go down a busy four-lane road with a little bike path on the side. Police car comes, flashes blue lights, zooms past me and pulls someone over. The other car tried to get into the bike path but the policeman stayed partly into my lane and partly in bike path. He was right in front of me and my choices seemed to be 1) stop and risk having drivers behind me plow into me or 2) pass him. I didn't have time to change lanes. So I passed. He left the person he had and came after me!!! I pulled into the bike path, he asked for license, etc. and I asked if I had done something. Had I ever heard of the "Move Over Law?" I meekly said no and I haven't if it involves getting around policemen in the road. I think it means you pull over if they want to pass you. So he checked me out, told me I had endangered his life by passing him as he would have to open his car door and I would hit him, told me law was widely advertised and let me go. Would have been a $150 moving violation, he said. I'm just glad to have gotten through it.

I can't remember lots of things like people's name, the Move Over Law, and when to chew gum. I have become so tired of customers. Bagzie do you feel this? They can say anything they want. I hate that. I am mean now. I was so sleepy and tired the other day at the end of shift that I could hardly keep eyes open. This man had to tell me over and over and over that I looked beat. I told him he was rude. He said he wasn't. I told him someone should have taught him better. I hated him. Yesterday, this couple came through buying a lot of organic crap. I pulled out a brochure with a bunch of coupons in it that woulda saved them at least $2. Then the woman said she didn't want one of the cans of beans she had hauled to the register and I put the brochure back. Mean mean mean.

I think study abroad should be to relax and mingle with attractive young people of countries similar to those your ancestors came from. Ones with good food and tulips and safety. Speaking of safety, NPR is exposing Homeland Security this week. Out of 38 government agencies, it is last in job satisfaction. This is what DS is looking at for an internship.

Kiwonk
01-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Did the stupid officer explain to you what the move over law actually said? I still don't see what you were supposed to do if he was blocking traffic. What a jerk. No wonder you feel mean. So do I.

I did not know about that Homeland Sec. rating; that's not good. DD is also applying to a summer internship that might land her there too. Wouldn't that be a riot if they spent the summer working down the hall from each other? We could go visit them at the same time!!! What is DS hoping to do there?

I know what you mean about her choice of major. If it was something less serious, I would have to wonder about her motives, considering her many talents that don't seem to be at all related to it. But she is genuinely interested in the Arabic language and cultures, the various issues of religion and politics involved and so on, so I can't really tell her I think she should be doing something else. And if it makes you feel any better, she is taking "Arabic Music Ensemble" this semester. :belly: And she has been taking at least one music class every semester.

My elbow is hurting again. And I haven't eaten anything today; never a good thing. I've got to clean up this dump. And furthermore it is snowing to beat the band outside my window (the part that's not blocked by computer equipment) right now.

Okay I'm done whining. tata

PainterWoman
01-15-2008, 01:51 AM
Aw, Cowie-- Too bad about the fright with the police officer. They've made a big deal of a similar law in Texas. (But I was well aware of at least 5 officers who'd been killed by passers by when they'd pulled people over. We're supposed to slow down by 20 mph AND give them a clear lane if at all possible. Glad you explained your way out of it:hug:

Kiwi-- we deserve to eat well! No more starvation or deprivation. I'm sorry your elbow hurts. I got delayed on refilling my bone-pain meds. They aren't even going to mail it until Thursday. Aleve, here I come!

SugP
01-15-2008, 05:51 AM
Just checking for new fodder. The Malaise has got me big time. And the cramps are here again. I am cranky. But whatever.

Before Christmas the display on our expensive fancy fridge started beeping and showing different temperatures for the fridge part. It was like a ghostly finger was pushing the temperature selection button which is supposed to stay at the temp you set it at. If we put it on "lock" it stayed put. Obviously. But if we wanted to get ice cubes we had to unlock it and it beeped. So we left it on lock for ages and called the repair service yesterday. They're supposed to call and make an appointment. Last night we unlocked it for good and it hasn't beeped since and I don't know what to tell the repair man. Is it fixed? Is it broken but just playing nice for now? What should I tell them? Am I going to totally embarass myself? I got problems, I tell yas.:D

I think my brain went off to college or to the moon and forgot to take me with it.

Sing along with me: I left my braiiiiinnnnnn in San Francisco!

Sometimes I have no idea where my brain is either. Can't even think of a word or need to read something 5 times to understand it. Must be the mentalpause.

Had I ever heard of the "Move Over Law?" I meekly said no and I haven't if it involves getting around policemen in the road.

Oh man, I have no idea what the law is on that here. I know you have to make way if they want to get through, but I never thought about what to do if you need to pass. Sheesh. He could have been nicer about it, though.

Customers are awful. I hated working in retail and being treated like dirt by people with more money than sense.

Well, I actually got my cajones together and went to WW. -.6 since before Christmas... Not much considering that it "might" have been 8 lbs in 4 weeks... On the other hand, there was a lot of cookie, cheese and "dip" consumption in December.

Well, considering that's more than I've lost in the past ten years it's wonderful. Congratulations! Cheese is my downfall too. I find that if I cut it out completely, I looose weight. But that would be foolish, right? Cheese is one of the four major food groups.

Hi Bagzieee! Hope you sell lots of stuff.

The holiday hamster is depressing me, but I'm too lazy to deep six him just yet.

Wabby
01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm going to fly faaaarrrrrr away tomorrow morning. To the land of the sun. Wouldn't ya know it, I came down with a stomach ailment and have been barfing and the other problem all day. I know. TMI - I hope I'm ok by tomorrow morning. It won't be fun to be standing in a long security line and be sick. I will try to be in a better mood. I can't promise anything, but I'll try. I just hope my parents aren't all perky and jolly. They do that and will never talk about Rick. It makes me feel like they'd just like to pretend he never was and that absolutely kills me, because even though it's been over a year, he is all I think of, and it helps to be able to talk about him.

The herds assignment whilst I am gone is to snap outta these doldrums. Or not. What ever you'd like.

Cowpernia
01-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I like these pick-your-own assignments. I choose to redefine doldrum. Doldrum: a drum that is on welfare.

DS went to a Dr. Kavorkian lecture today. I did nothing like that.

You?

Bagzz
01-16-2008, 04:01 PM
i have been awol since last saturday morning---there was a horrible van and tractor trailer crash in new brunswick and SEVEN beautiful basketball players from an NB highschool were killed along with their coach's wife---the poor coach who was driving lived,although his daughter was injured as were two other members of the basketball team---the funeral is broadcast on CBC right now and i am unfortunately watching it. Even the pope sent a message of condolence to the Bishop of NB----it is horrible.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2008/01/16/funeral-begins.html

Kiwonk
01-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Bagz, how awful. What a heart wrenching tragedy.

Kiwi-- we deserve to eat well! No more starvation or deprivation. True enough. Sometimes it just seems like too much trouble to decide on something healthy to eat, prepare it and eat it. But I'm trying, really I am. I have done well with the cholesterol thing, and even on calories, incredibly. Hopefully when I get my cholesterol checked next month some time, it will be impressively lower and at least it will be one less thing to stress over.
on our expensive fancy fridge started beeping and showing different temperatures for the fridge part. It was like a ghostly finger was pushing the temperature selection button which is supposed to stay at the temp you set it at. Here is my total guess about your fridge: the humidity changed and the fridge freaked out trying to compensate for it. Maybe? My very low tech fridge has a thing in it about humidity; you're supposed to adjust the fridge temp compared to the freezer temp or some such. Now and then I remember to fool with it. If I were youse, I'd tell the repair people never mind.
Cheese is my downfall too. I find that if I cut it out completely, I looose weight. But that would be foolish, right? Cheese is one of the four major food groups.Ah, cheese is one of my favorite things too. I have found that if you follow the (insane) dietitian's advice and buy low fat cheese, you will no longer be that enamored with it :no:. Yuk, I've tried Cabot lo fat (chewy), Kraft 2% (better, but still not satisfying), and yesterday Laughing cow low fat. She did tell me that softer cheeses had less cholesterol so I am occasionally eating provolone. mmm

God I hate being one of those people who "eats healthy". What a sacrifice. :lol:

My little sweetie finally got to school yesterday (got snowed in on Monday -- spent 3+ days with BF :rolleyes: ) and promptly started throwing up :eek:. She's okay today, but I wish I knew what it was. Hope it wasn't a visceral reaction to going back to school.

Wabbit I missed you to say goodbye to!!! Good grief, I hope you're feeling okay. And I hope you can get online while you're gone, otherwise I'm talking to thin air, aren't I?

Gotta go finish making dindin. ta

SugP
01-17-2008, 04:59 AM
I just hope my parents aren't all perky and jolly. They do that and will never talk about Rick. It makes me feel like they'd just like to pretend he never was and that absolutely kills me, because even though it's been over a year, he is all I think of, and it helps to be able to talk about him.

That must be so hard for you, Wabby. :hug: I guess in their own way they're trying to protect you and make everything all right again, not realizing that it WON'T make things all right.

Hope the barfiness is gone!

DS went to a Dr. Kavorkian lecture today. I did nothing like that.
You?

Dr. Kavorkian said he would never come here. It's too boring. I cleaned out my fridge. We're having mahi mahi filets for dinner.

there was a horrible van and tractor trailer crash in new brunswick and SEVEN beautiful basketball players from an NB highschool were killed along with their coach's wife

I know. It was in our news too. How utterly tragic for everyone concerned. :(:(

Here is my total guess about your fridge: the humidity changed and the fridge freaked out trying to compensate for it. Maybe?

I dunno. I was thinking along those lines, but dh insists that it's something to do with the electronics in the display panel itself. Could just be a loose wire, I guess and we've still got time on the guarantee. It's just weird that we had it for about a year and half before it started this. Luckily it was beeping its head off yesterday so I do have something to tell Refrigerator Repair Man who will be stopping by tomorrow between 11 and 2.

And yes, low fat cheese really sucks. That's why I look this way. :devil:

Cowpernia
01-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Bagzie, I heard that on the Canadian NPR show. They broadcast a girl's eulogy for one of the boys. Yes, very sad.

I have nothing else to say right now. Yawn.

Kiwonk
01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I am leaving town for a whole day. We are going to stay in a grownup hotel and maybe even eat in a restaurant with cloth napkins. (or order in pizza while drinking too much, who can tell how mature we will be?) Tomorrow we will have breakfast at lunchtime with our darling daughter and her darling beau who is now not a teenager. At least there will be one adult there.

See you on the flippy floppy side.

Kiwette. (Taking my bathing suit)

PS Sugar, I hope the mahimahi wasn't too far in the back. Or maybe that was why the fridge was beeping -- it has smellovision. :D

Cowpernia
01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
What is a grownup hotel?

I am noticing that no matter how extreme Britney Spear's problems are, she is always beautiful. I think that's why they keep plastering her on every magazine. She is just lovely and I am glad she got four paparazzi arrested. All the ones who photograph her kids are going to ****. You know that I believe that I personally know everyone who is going to ****. I have my own list. Hitler and those guys are on it, too, but I have the B-list.

PainterWoman
01-18-2008, 03:27 AM
I can't believe how little I got done today.
It was actually pretty divine. As was yesterday.
Painting class, grocery shopping, nap, reading, a little cooking.
Might actually have to do some scheduled things tomorrow... like get tires I ordered (on line) installed at "our" garage, go to WW weigh in (eeek), and get car inspected.

Hope you are all well.

Bagzz
01-18-2008, 05:20 PM
WELL WELL WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! kiwonkers is in beantown,wabby is headed for the sun,painty and peach already live in temperate climes,shatzi could be in the Emerald Isle---i guess that leaves sugar and i in out in the cold----i am starting a new wishful thinking question-----IF MONEY WERE NOT A CONCERN---HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA-------------where would you like to spend the next little while?????? okay,i will go first----i think i would like to start off at a five star hotel in Paris,in the marble whirlpool tub and plan my trip to the south of France-----i know it's not hot there right now,but it's in the fifties alot of the time---i can go for walks and breath the fresh air ----

Cowpernia
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I would like to spend a luxurious span of time in Scotland. I don't want to eat haggis and I don't want to be cold. I just want the best of everything and to see old historic stuff and try to understand those thick accents. Secondly, I want to take a train across Canada.

I am such a blob. Except for a middle section, I am thin. I keep feeding the middle though: chips, cookies, you-name-it.

Kiwonk
01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
What is a grownup hotel? The kind I am never willing to pay for. In this case, a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and a living room/kitchen with fireplace. BTW, it was in Portland, rather than Boston, but same difference.
-where would you like to spend the next little while?????? okay,i will go first----i think i would like to start off at a five star hotel in Paris,in the marble whirlpool tub and plan my trip to the south of France----I'd go visit Wabby for a bit, then I'd join you on your little trip, then visit Sugar for spring, then Peaches and I would head for Scotland (because by then it would have warmed up). In August, I would meet my DD on her way back from or over to her study abroad and we would tour northern Europe. In September I head across the US in my rented RV, and journey back by Canadian Rail. I am a copycat, but I think big.

Later gators. Gotta go marinate.

As opposed to get marinated, which is what I did Thursday night.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I think you only get to choose one place. Kiwi is greedy.

My feet are cold. When is Bush sending me money?

Bagzz
01-19-2008, 11:31 PM
damn ,not hilary again! i am getting worried.

Kiwonk
01-19-2008, 11:35 PM
It is snowing in Charlotte.

Bush is not going to send you any money. He just says he is so that you will not hate him. But in fact it is okay to hate him.

Cowpernia
01-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Is Ms. Eiffel Tower trying to influence our election? I can hate Bush just fine even if he sends me money. I remember when Ford sent me $400. That was nice. What's wrong with Hillary? Is she closing the border?

My son is disappearing. He used to be online every night and I could talk to him now he's never online. I used to be able to call his cell and he'd answer now he doesn't even call back. Is it a girl? How can I know. I am worried if it's not a girl .. I mean if he's depressed or something.

Did you see that guy on the news who bought a $2 million swimming pool for a Catholic school? He worked his whole life at a glass factory for $9 an hour. He didn't have a phone, tv, wife or kids. He worked overtime when possible. He bought ( and still busy) all his clothes at Good Will. He saved at least $3 million and was able to buy the pool. I feel that if I joined an online dating service, that's the kind of guy I'd meet. Nice guy. Not a lot of fun.

SugP
01-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I have sneaking suspicion that Hilary is going to end up winning the whole DAM thing.Oprah should have kept her large opinions to herself while Dh thinks it would be bizarre for l'il Chelsea to be able to say that BOTH of her parents were president. I cannot vote anywhere these days - been away from Canada too long, furriner in Germany (yes, even after 17 years and zillions of euros poured into the economy) and obviously the U.S. won't even give me the time of day, but I did one of those vote-o-meter tests and it came up with Bill Richardson. Who's he? :D :dizzy::cool:

Hmm, if money were no object where would I go? Three guesses. :D Already been to Paris and Scotland. Liked Scotland better. They have VERY nice cows there.:moo:

P.S. You know you've been at 3fc too long when you know all the smiley codes by heart. I did the cow one from memory and it worked. :p

Cowpernia
01-21-2008, 10:14 AM
One thing I remember about Hilary that I liked was that right after Bill was elected and reporters questionsed why Chelsea was being sent to a private school, not a public school like Amy Carter, she replied something like, "She didn't run for president. She doesn't owe anybody anything." I liked that she stood up for her kid with no apologies.

I haven't been to Scotland but like it better than Paris, too. Paris had porn on the street and surly people who looked at me and spoke French (about me!) and made other French persons laugh. Scots would be kind and cultured, I'm sure. I wouldn't like the food in either place and I only like Doritos and bagel sandwiches. Oh! I also like chicken bones! yum.

Cowpernia
01-21-2008, 12:46 PM
You know I'm constantly batching about customers who say "you look bored" "you look like you need something to do" "waiting for me?" I had a customer rush up and say "Here I am. Sorry I made you wait." I was so happy. I realized that the other statements are about meeeee and that's why they're irritating.

I agree Oprah should keep her large opinions to herself. I look at Chuck Norris following that guy around and think that Chuck has nothing else to do. I look at Oprah pitching for Obama and think she's trying to use her power and that she thinks she has more power than I think she does.

Speaking of power, don't you love that commercial that says, "Use your period for good."

So do we think Suri is the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard? The evidence is that he said he'd be back in 10 years and .... dum dum dum dum ... she was born 10 years after he said that. Plus, she has that weird dad.

Kiwonk
01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
My son is disappearing. .Is it a girl? How can I know. I am worried if it's not a girl .. I mean if he's depressed or something.I can identify. So far I am able to get in touch with DD when I need to, but I still wonder sometimes if she is having issues she's not talking about. In fact she told me over Christmas that she thought she ought to get off the pill because she had been moody and unmotivated "lately". Which is so not her (although it describes my life) that it is disturbing. I hate that she has to deal with that sort of thing herself and might never let me know until much later.
..I did one of those vote-o-meter tests and it came up with Bill Richardson. Who's he?He is a fellow Tufts alumni. And he has dropped out of the race. He has an extensive record, but not really an inspiring presence.
One thing I remember about Hilary that I liked ... she replied something like, "She didn't run for president. She doesn't owe anybody anything." I liked that she stood up for her kid with no apologies.Good for her. I wish more people would respond that way when it's none of the media's business.
So do we think Suri is the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard? Suri? I am too braindead to figure out who Suri is. (yeah, I know, it's sad)

I guess I would rather have Hilary as president than any Republican that's running, but I think she is a bad choice mainly because she is so divisive. All we need is 4 more years of people hating each other. At least with Obama, only really fanatic right-wingers can find nasty hateful things to say about him. I still think Edwards is a better candidate than either one, but apparently he doesn't have the appeal to win. DH thinks that what's wrong with him is that he is wealthy :rolleyes:. When I point out all the wealthy Republicans he just changes the subject. At least Edwards cares about the poor and has an understanding of their issues. What I like about him is that he wants to take on big business and kick their butts. I'm all for that.

It's so cold here that the satellite dish is frozen up. I can't live without TV.

Oh yeah, I went to West Podunk yesterday (3 hours away) for a birthday party for DD's bf and his twin. It was fun, but then I had to drive home by myself (couldn't even bring the monster puppy with me because it was too cold to leave her in the car, and she's too wild in company to be inside the whole time). I was about 30 miles from my exit on the interstate and the car started freak out. The battery light came on and then everything started to dim and finally it stalled out. I had no power and it wouldn't restart. Fortunately I had my cellphone and it was all charged up, so I got AAA on the case, got hold of DH, called DD who told BF's parents who happened to be behind me about 20 minutes. So I only had to sit in the (sub)freezing cold for 20 minutes before I had a warm car to sit in to wait for the tow truck. Left the party at 4:30, got home at 9 PM. Car got towed 35 miles :eek: $$$$ and is waiting for a new alternator now. What a life. I am appreciating cellphones quite a lot today.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
How scary. Do think about a real cell phone plan or still like the prepay? I really want to know. I am probably going to the prepay in May but need your advice every minute.

Suri is the daughter of that guy who jumped up and down on Oprah's sofa and his little wife. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are their names but I had to look that up. I know about the Suri-reincarnation-theory because it's in the tabloids in the supermarket. L. Ron left his sperm and Suri may have conceived thusly. Some believe she has his genes and his spirit. So says the tabloid.

I forgot about Edwards. He isn't on the news that much and when he is, his accent has sounded fakey to me. I could vote for him though. In fact, I wonder sometimes why the republicans are even trying. I can't imagine anyone voting for a republican. Haven't we had enough?

I guess I haven't thought about talks about birth control. Boys certainly wouldn't talk about that with mom. And hearing that my child is moody would drive me crazy. Not hearing anything drives me crazy too. When he was home at Christmas, he seemed so good. One thing getting me is that I can't get him to take care of his teeth. He has gone over a year without getting them cleaned even though I remind him regularly. He just says he hasn't done it yet. I think the problem is that they were cleaning teeth for free and he thinks he missed the phone call signing him up for that and he's mad and won't pay. But that's so stupid! But you know that. And he says he lost his retainer right here in the house but I don't see it. He says the dentist told him him could quit wearing it at age 20 which is April but I never heard that.

Gripes. I could talk about something else? Has anyone seen the film 3:10 to Yuma?

Cowpernia
01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I got a call from DS saying he just got back a math quiz and made the highest score in the class. The score was 16 out 20, he said. I said, that's great and he replied impatiently, 16 out of 20 isn't great! You can predict the rest of the conversation.

Kiwonk
01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
So I suppose he called you to tell you how bad his grade was? I get set up that way too. Can you imagine if you said "Oh that's terrible, DS" -- he'd have lectured you on how hard the professor grades or something. I'm pretty sure college students have a vested interest in being annoyed with their parents. I'm not at all surprised about the dental appts. DD is having her teeth cleaned when she is home for vacations. I know she wouldn't get around to it at school -- even though Tufts has a Dental School!

Oh yeah, Suri, I thought I'd heard that name somewhere. Maybe L. Ron will speak through her. Bunch of lunatics. Who was it I heard recently became a Scientologist? Somebody I thought was fairly intelligent.

Geez I thought it was cold yesterday -- it's -12 now. Seriously 12 below zero F. Utterly insane. I did get my car back. Cost a bundle but I am the proud owner of a new alternator. I can't wait to show it off :rolleyes:

Prepaid phones -- yes I still recommend it for those of us who are terminally cheap. We have 2 tracfones now and a sort of family plan that costs us $16.94 a month, which gets us 50 minutes on my phone and 30 minutes on DH's. DD pays almost $50 a month. Nuts. Heck, she has a free phone in her room at school; if it were me that would be what I'd use, I'm CHEAP!

Anyway, if you sign up for a new tracfone by any chance, let me know and I'll refer you (extra minutes!).

Whar's the herd? Frozen in place out in the pasture?

kiwi

Kiwonk
01-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Hello!
It's Tuesday!

It's 30 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday.

Which comes to 15°F.

I'm so excited I could thit.

Cowpernia
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I will be happy to have you refer me and would appreciate it if you could explain the whole thing to me. You have a monthly fee? Can I get a cool phone?

Bagzz
01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
i hate january---i feel shack-whacky,cabin fever,lethargy,insomnia,crabbiness,---everything that is GROUCHY. I have no direct reason for it,just ALL of it together---i am soooooooooo tired of the dark nights and the cold days and the icy sidewalks----it feels like forever----i think january is the worst,but i hear that February is considered the worst----i wish i could go through peachers line at the quicky mart---i would tell her that i was sorry that she had to wait and offer her one of my chocolates that i had already opened.

Kiwonk
01-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Bagz, you would be the best grocery store customer. If I went through Peaches' line, I would jump up and down with a big toothy grin on my face and yell "PEACHY!!!!"

I will email you with phone options, Peaches.

The picture is probably just a symptom of my own January Grimness, but honestly, why don't I deserve better than this? Huh?

Bagzz
01-23-2008, 11:11 PM
OF COURSE YOU DESERVE BETTER!!! I FINALLY GOT A SARANTOP?? ANYWAY--NOOOOOOOO BURNERS---I LOVE IT,===I TOTALLY HATED CLEANING ALL THAT BURNER CRAP!!!! ---- i went out tonight to glass class but we didn't do glass---just bagged about the crappy winter====it does help to harangue about things with otherssssssssssssssssss

Kiwonk
01-24-2008, 01:57 AM
That's what I need to do -=-- find me a *****ing class. I've done the whole dog training class thing; but that isn't social at all, especially with Jet -- I have to spend the whole time holding on to her trying to keep her from going insane because there are OTHER! DOGS! TO PLAY WITH!

I need suggestions. I once took a quilting class. That was pretty much of a waste of time, but it was social. I think I still have that half-made pillow in a bag somewhere... :lol:

Our satellite TV is on the blink. I've been on the computer for about 12 hours I think.

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh

Wabby
01-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Hey. It's me here in AZ. This will probably be my only post b/c my folks have dial up and it drives me crazy with the waiting and waiting. I feel bad that Bagzie and Kiwi are freeeezing up north. My chilluns are up north in freeeezing weather too. I'm trying to soak up enough sun to last me the rest of the winter. It's been sunny and perfectly perfect here. Upper 67-69ish. Today we went out to the army base and watched the parachuters put on a show, then stopped at a date grove and had a date shake. Very yummy. Then my sis and I went shopping and out to dinner. So far we've gone just over the border to Mexico, ate, shopped and I bought 2 pair of prescription glasses for only $190. Poly carb lenses and everything. Less than 1/2 the cost of one pair at home. Went to the farmers market and listened to music outside in the sun, ate street vendor food. Went to the movies and watched The Bucket List & out to dinner w/ my parents. Went to the huge outdoor market place and bought all kinds of bargains. Eygptian cotton 400 count queen sheets for only $22, shoes, jewelry, and we didn't even get half way thru the market. Saving all this money on bargains is costing me a bundle. My sis and I are going back to Mexico tomorrow so she can buy some glasses too. I've also had time to talk w/ my mom's cousin who lives here and she is a sweetheart who lost her husband when she was in her 50's too. She really understands how hard this is. I talked w/ my son and he said my doggies are having major separation anxiety w/o me. Poor puppies.

Bagzie, buy a magic eraser to clean your new cooktop. It's the greatest thing for cleaning it.

OK. I'll leave you to your haranguing about the cold weather. I'm so sorry to tell you how beautiful it is here, but I'll be back in the cold soon enough. I wish I could send you all a care package of sunshine and warmth.

All this running around and I still feel like something is squeezing my heart. I wish I could feel happy. Take care of yerselfs, cowsies.

Wabby
01-24-2008, 02:19 AM
Kiwi, start a wine tasting/book club. I'd join.

Cowpernia
01-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Please take a philosophy class, Kierkegaard, and explain to me where we came from and what we're doing here.

I am up early doing chores for Ds. He is applying again for an RA job and needs references. They must be done on a form. The deadline for mailing is tomorrow. He has asked no one. I am printing them out and delivering to people I guess.

Wabby, while you were in Mexico did you pick me up some postcards? If I send you all $5 will you get some for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need the d*mned things. I won the contest and need things to mail back to people other than the same beach scene.

Kiwonk
01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Wabby, you are having quite the holiday! Hope you can get all your loot home! Enjoy the warm weather.

Please take a philosophy class, Kierkegaard, and explain to me where we came from and what we're doing here.Okay, so a wine tasting philosophy book club, right? I'm pretty sure that the answer to all life's nagging questions can be answered right there.

gotta go. My new contact is ready to pick up. Lost one down the drain last week. Then I have to do the barfy old shopping. I mean, grace my local grocer with my smiling face.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I am back from my travels! I feel Lush-y -- I must make a list of all the things I've done:

Loaded the returnables into the car
Took the doggie with me
Picked up my contact lens replacement
Checked to see if the fish truck was there (sadly, no)
Bought new tennis balls for Jet
Took the bottles to the return place, got $$
Went to the grocery store, spent too much time & money
Ate a square of Ghirardelli mmm (would you believe that is spelled right?)
Drove up the Golden Road (http://wpni01.auroraquanta.com/pv/maine?img=1109) and found a place to park off the road
Followed Jet on my snowshoes for 20 minutes
Went home and unloaded groceries

I'm going to broil some swordfish for dinner.

Shoot! I just noticed my Google search has reverted to Canadian google. Nothing against my good friends across the border, but this causes me no end of problems. I forget how to fix it.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-25-2008, 03:04 AM
That's funny -- we have all been just doing what we're supposed to do! Beyotching and being miserable, right on schedule. I feel pretty good that I went snowshoeing today, as my nod to doing the right thing, even though it was only 20 minutes. Beheave it or not I am still doing Fitday, even though I kind of lost it for a few days going to Portland and visiting with the kids et al; I am back to it. So perhaps things will improve and spring will come again, eh?

Your step-dd quit school over a disagreement with her roommates?? Holy crap, must have been a doozie!

I am STILL on this flippin computer. Get me out of here - it's 2 am!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-25-2008, 05:05 PM
testing ... where did my post go ?

Cowpernia
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
K. That was weird. What I said was that yesterday I learned that DS is pursuing a double major in Math and Spanish. I said it longer.

I have indoors all day watching foreign films. The Syrian Bride and The Diamond Arm (Russian comedy).

DS is on his way to Los Angeles right now. Called from the airport to tell me he'll miss class Monday, missed class today, won't be prepared for Wednesday, is sleep now, forgot his camera and is bored.

Tomatoes are $2 each here. Canadians say they're cheaper and taste better at home. Bagzie, how much you paying? No problem believing they taste better. These are tasteless.

So hard to believe Bagzie-boy is a teenager. Just the other day he wasn't allowed to cross the road alone. How nice to have the kids home. I want some.

Bagzz
01-26-2008, 12:21 PM
bagzie boy is still not allowed to cross the road alone---maybe next year when he is in highschool--oh right--that is this fall----get this----the highschool is ACROSS THE PARK FROM WHERE I WORK!!!! poor DS!!!hahahah!!!!i was talking to one of the kids in grade nine and she was complaining that her mother worked uptown and was policing her noon hour activities----i don't think boys care as much about such things---after seeing "JUNO" i can understand her concern!!!! has anyone seen it---it's kind of quirky like Little Miss Sunshine without all the serious swearing-----i liked it but it made me concerned for the lifestyles of the teens!!

Cowpernia
01-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I am going to see Juno soon.

Here is my batch for the day. I mailed DS a box of towels and clothes in a nice sturdy vodka box. The box was brought back to me, today, with a label on it saying that boxes over 1 lb. can not have postage stamps on them unless they are passed across a counter in a post office. I mailed it at a satellite office and they put the stamps on themselves. The letter carrier said she thought the vodka box was not ok. So I called the local post office and they said to take it back to the satellite office, have them put a round stamp on it (it already had several) and mark out the vodka stuff. The satellite folks gave me duct tape and I covered everything.

Then I called the 800-ask-usps number and asked about it. I explained all the above and the astute woman with the federal paycheck surmised "there must be something wrong with the package." She had nothing else to offer.

The local guy said it's not a USPS problem but a Homeland Security problem. They won't allow whatever-it-is that's not being allowed.

DS called me several times last night to complain about being bored, hungry, where was the bus, etc. Today, I got a package from HIM with a book he thinks I'll like and a hefty check he made out to me. I'm so glad I hid my feelings about being woken from a sound sleep to hear his complaints last night.

Kiwonk
01-26-2008, 07:04 PM
DS sent you money? Cool. DD just calls to tell me more things she charged on my credit card. :rolleyes: Last year I made her leave it at home, but it's quite useful for sending her to the grocery store or getting her to gas up the car when she's here, so she's got it with her again.

Bagz, how is it possible to keep a 13?14? year old from crossing the street by himself?

I went snowshoeing through the woods today. I want congratulations and pats on the back. I'm tarrrrd.

kiwiiiiiiii

Cowpernia
01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Hoooooooray!! Kiwi is my exercising model-idol-goddessy-person. Even sounds fun.

Cowpernia
01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
DS's team won BRONZE !! Woo Hoo.. Out of 15 teams and most were in their own time zone!!

I don't mean to sound ghoulish but am wondering about grammar in the local coverage of that terrible story about the man who threw his four babies from a bridge and into a river. The news keeps saying the babies were "thrown over a bridge." Wouldn't it be "from a bridge" or "from a bridge?" Their funeral was held today, I think.

Kiwonk
01-27-2008, 12:36 AM
:cheer2: Good job, Z's team! :high:

http://bestsmileys.com/tropheys/2.gif

Yes, you would enjoy snowshoeing through the woods. Especially if someone was breaking trail in front of you (that's what I have Jet for). It really warms you up, except it was so cold today that my fingers and toes were pretty frozen. I wish I had taken my camera -- I never remember.

I'm trying to find my mother some cheap airline tickets to Ft. Myers. There don't seem to be any.

Kiwi
(pay no attention to those letters those team members seem to be throwing up in the air. It's their, um, coach's initials. Yeah, that's it.)

Kiwonk
01-27-2008, 12:56 AM
or "from a bridge"?

JK, you are of course quite right. The image of a man throwing babies over a bridge is just too complicated to fathom. Sounds like some sort of Olympic event.

I never seem to notice these horrific news items. Am I reading the wrong newspaper? Watching the wrong news channel? Ignoring my surroundings too much? Simply oblivious?

DH is listening to Brad Paisley on Austin City Limits. I can take a bit of that, but I may have to unplug it soon.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I meant "from" or "off." The words looks alike Fs and Os.

I remember Austin City Limits. Might unplug it, too.

DS's team of four guys was only part of the UF group. There's also women's epee, women's foil, women's saber, and two teams of men's epee. All competed yesterday except the women's saber who were expected to show up in support of the men. They went out of the town instead. The men, being oh-so-marvelous, plan to show up for the women today anyhow. I told DS that I wouldn't. Personally, I would follow the lead of the women and go see some sights.

The bridge story was local .. somewhere around Mobile but I'm sure it was nationally covered. The man was a Vietnamese fisherman with drug problems. He had a fight with his wife and took the babies. The oldest was four and the youngest four months. Two boys and two girls. He went to the police and confessed but when they didn't find the bodies right away, he said he was lying and the babies were safe. Then they started finding them.

I have noticed that American snowbirds like to wear their state name on their clothing. MICHIGAN or WISCONSIN across their shirts and hats. Why is that? I am being convinced that no grandparents are left in Michigan. They're pretty nice but blunter than southerners. One woman told me that another customer had told her that she had left her cart in the middle of the aisle and no one could get around. She said she was sorry and he said "the world is full of sorry." She replied, "I guess it's better than go to ****."

Kiwonk
01-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I meant "from" or "off." I know..just tweaking ya.

I know exactly why people wear their state on themselves. They are hoping that someone will come up to them and say "I have a cousin from Michigan, do you know him?"

I'm proud of that grandma. How dare some jerk respond to an apology that way? What the heck was he going for in berating her for where her cart was, if not an apology?

I'm irritated, can you tell? I paid $19.95 for a 4 minute phone call on our latest phone bill. Because I called from a hotel room. Highway robbery.

DD found out today that she is scheduled for an interview and testing tomorrow for the national security internship. Yikes! And it's going to take all day.

Other than that nothing is going on in my life.

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-27-2008, 03:46 PM
is the national security intern job IN AMERICA!!! IF SO---I HOPE SHE GETS IT--- i am unsure of her plans to travel to the other location----nervous i mean!!---CONGRATS ON THE EXCERCISE!! I HAVE BEEN TELLING MYSELF TO DO THAT FOR DAYS---HASN'T HAPPENED YET------------------TOO DAMN EFFIN FREEZIN-----dd returned from kiwonk's BIG city----the lover took the plane last night and is safe and sound in scandinavia as we speak---dd23 is sooooooooo sad----but she plans a visit and he plans to return so cheer up!!------CONGRATS ALSO ON THE BIG FENCING WIN FOR PEACHBOY!!!! i wish i was in LA today---sissy is heading to Phoenix today!!! maybe she will see wabby!!

Cowpernia
01-27-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree that Kiwidd should get a job in North America not .. you know.

I am cooking tuna helper. Will return.

Cowpernia
01-27-2008, 11:33 PM
somebody make this (http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/recipes/dessert_pinenutbundt.shtml)and let me know.

Kiwonk
01-28-2008, 03:24 AM
Wow, that's some recipe. I'm not sure we're legally allowed to make desserts with ground red chilis here in Maine.

Sad about the Danish dish having to go home.

Did you know that that sweet little blond boy Haley Joel Osment was arrested for drunk driving in 2006? He's nowhere near as cute as he used to be.

I'm looking at the Mug Shots on The Smoking Gun.

Cowpernia
01-28-2008, 09:11 AM
I hate people.

For example, a woman I worked with at the kid center used to talk to me on the phone and on email and we'd gossip and keep up and I liked her. Then, one day, I told her about some of my problems like the friend who said I couldn't use one of her cars and whom I haven't heard from since. She said, "People suck." Then she said, out of the blue, she would call on the weekend up check up on me. She never called, of course.

Today, I got a long spammy email from her, lots of email addresses in it as it has passed around the globe and it is full of advice on how to stay safe. I'm not reading it but the thing I saw before deciding not read is that if someone is in your car and has a gun to your head, you should gun the engine and crash into something and ruin the car. Your airbag will save you but the person in the back seat with the gun will be thrown around.

The UF women's team also got bronze. I haven't heard their excuse for taking a day to sightsee instead of supporting the men. I'd like to know what the coach had to say to them. (Not that I wouldn't have done the same thing.)

Kiwonk
01-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm a crappy friend to some people myself. At least I have the decency to feel bad about it. I don't return phone calls all the time. Partly because I hate talking on the phone. Partly just because I procrastinate. And probably a lot of the time out of depression. Who wants to talk to someone when they're depressed? Then I would put off making a phone call because I would feel I'd have to apologize for not calling before and that doesn't feel like much fun. So there I've gone and made it an issue. I mean, this is just me, and I don't do it to everyone, but I do neglect a lot of people that I genuinely like, so I hope you don't feel that these people don't like you. They may just be lazy, procrastinators, depressed, tired, or feeling guilty like me.

So here's my suggestion: call her up, don't give her time to mumble any apologies and ask her to do something. Go out for lunch or something. Dump the bad feelings, I think it will feel better.

Is that too Pollyanna? How about these:

Ways to Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.
6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write " For Smuggling Diamonds"
7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."
8 . Don't use any punctuation
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
12. Sing Along At The Opera.
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme?
14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.
16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.
17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"
18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."

I always write something goofy on checks when they are for people I know. Sometimes just "services rendered", which for some reason sounds risque to most people

think i ll stop using caps and punctuation

ta

Bagzz
01-28-2008, 05:15 PM
i hate using punctuation and paragraphs---i think you all know that----remember when i was semi-banned from "television without pity" for using run on sentences and poor grammar==i wish i was as grammatically perfect as all the people who post at that site {yeah,right!}-----regarding friends and phonecalls--i hate answering the phone as well---today alone i have hung up on THREE telemarketing calls=-----i used to let the phone ring and ignore it,now i just pick it up and put it back down---they keep calling either way-----they usually have a pause and then someone from bombay asks me a bunch of questions,but not anymore---i just HANG UP!! it is storming here AGAIN and school was cancelled-----------------this is the worst winter EVER EVER EVER!!!!

Wabby
01-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Peach, I read your request for postcards after I'd gone to Mexico. I could pick you up some Yuma, AZ cards. Not that anyone would want Yuma AZ cards.

I have one more day until I return to the frozen north. I miss home, even tho I know I'll be there one day and be frozen and depressed. Here I'm warm and depressed.

I sat in the sun and read a book today. You have to be from the north to understand how exciting this is.

I do the phone thing too. My DS is a big text messager. I can understand the appeal.

Kiwonk
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
I sat in the sun and read a book today. You have to be from the north to understand how exciting this is. MMM nirvana

I am spending all my time researching these flights to Florida for my mother. I should just get in the car and drive her there.

:beach:

kiwi, dreaming

PS I have seen flowers poking through the ground. On Sugar's blog :dizzy:

Cowpernia
01-29-2008, 01:25 AM
I am home from work, must return in the morning and am only taking time to ask a question you can ALL answer. How long does wine last after you open the bottle?

You're all right about the phone thing .. but must it be followed with a email about surviving in the inner city?

wAbby, I would love the postcards but mostly I love you. It's so wonderful to see you here.

SugP
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Just checking in to retire the Christmas hamster.

Yes! There are flowers blooming in my garden! But I am too tired to go out and look at them! I was in bed by 11:15 last night and it didn't help! My kids had, get this, 1 1/2 hours of school today! Why bother, I say. Tomorrow they get report cards, so only 3 class periods and then they get Thursday and Friday off. Sheesh. What a life.

Kiwonk
01-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi Sug -- go commune with nature! It's a lovely day here, sunny, all the way up to 35 degrees (that's 1.7 C)! Nature is really white around here. If I saw something green, I'd faint.

Wine -- well, depends on the type. I keep dry sherry all the time to cook with. I open the bottle and keep it in the fridge; as far as I know, it never goes bad. I believe fortified and sweet wines keep for a long time. However regular table wine like reds and whites don't taste very good after they've been opened and kept around for more than a week, I'd guess. You can probably stretch that by keeping them in the fridge (keep white in there anyway). Champagne doesn't keep hardly at all after being opened -- you must just drink it till it's gone, it's the law. I'm no expert though, I don't even drink wine; it gives me migraines. I do like to cook with it though.

And no, bossy mass mailings are really annoying. Not as annoying as cheesy sentimental ones or vicious reactionary rants, but annoying enough. I think if people want to send stuff to every single email address that's ever crossed their path, they should send embarrassing things about themselves.

Later gators

Kiwonk
01-29-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm going to go change my avatar. To something I call "The Toilet Cat".

Not to worry, she doesn't really have her drinking water behind the toilet; that's the sink there. However, she does spend way too much time behind the toilet. She has an inferiority complex. Jet poking at her constantly is not helping...

Bagzz
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh!!!! she is very pretty!!!!what a gorgeous kitty!!i must get rid of my pic of paris---it is not looking like i will be there any time soon-----i am going to change my avatar!!! that should cheer me up!!!!!there we go!!! that is the lupine walk that i take in june----that makes me feel better---NOT!!!! june is quite a ways away-----wabby is in the june weather right now----------sweet----peach lives in the june weather--what's the temp,peach???

Kiwonk
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
She is pretty. Unfortunately dumb as a post.

I must stop staring at the computer screen and go make dinner: I marinated chicken skewers and I'm making Chicken Satay with peanut sauce.

ta

PainterWoman
01-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Kiwi-- You are my model exerciser, too. Is having a model exerciser enough to make one fitter... without exercising onesself? Hmm;)
Aw, Kiwi... go ahead and call people when you're depressed. It'll make you feel better... and the person you call will either 1) be a codependent type who wants to make you happy, or 2) be a cynic who's just glad somebody's worse off than them. Either way, everyone wins.
(Oh, and I loved the healthy insanity recommendations.

Cowper: I heard that story about the man who threw his children off the bridge. Maybe Southerners are attracted to stories of people behaving REALLY badly, because people behaving only moderately badly seem so normal. But, like you, I often get distracted by insance grammatical constructs.

I haven't cooked since Sunday. We've been eating left overs. Or crackers and cheese and Starbuck's latte's. No wonder I feel wonky.

Best to y'all.

Kiwonk
01-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Oh no! Don't use me for a role model! I come in here and inform everyone every single time I go snowshoeing or something -- because it's such a rare occasion! :lol:

Right now I'm supposed to be up at a couple's house where DH already went; she wants me to go snowshoeing with her. But it's raining out. Ick. All I want to do is curl up on the couch under a blanket and watch TV. I'm procrastinating.

Cowpernia
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Kiwi, call ME when you're depressed. I will meld with you.

I am making soup.

Did you see the episode of Monk where the guy had hidden his gold by mixing it with ink and writing tons of boring journals? That's how I feel right now.

I am making soup. My cat has fur. Clouds are fuzzy. I have a pen in my pocket.

Wabby
01-31-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm home. It's good to be home, even if home is rainy and overcast and cold. Home is also my kids and my grandbabies. Vincent has become a real person while I was gone. He looks at me and smiles and talks in Vincent language how happy he is to see me. DS's gf's little boy5 ran in the house and hugged me and said "I missed you soooo much!" Kaydy will be here on Friday. My kids and spouses or significant others all were happy to see me and talked my ear off and DD made dinner for us all. My house looks messy and a little shabby and like home. My doggies are ecstatic.

I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed now. I'll talk to youz babes tomorrow.

Have I told you lately how wonderful you all are?

Bagzz
01-31-2008, 06:36 PM
wabby---you should become a writer--you are very good at creating pictures in my mind--i love your homecoming scene--especially all the babies===i have boomerangs living here but no babies---babies would make the place more cheery i think----i would like to watch tv with kiwonk,eat peacher's soup,drink painty's lattes and hold wabby's babies-----and get the **** out of dodge====WABBY WE LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY TOO!!!XOXOXOX

Kiwonk
01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Wabby! Your post made me smile smile smile! What a nice welcoming committee you have.

Bagzie, isn't there some way we can mail ourselves to each other's houses or something?

My yard and driveway are all ice again. I'm about done with this winter, what's next?

kiwi

Bagzz
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
February is tomorrow-=--or tomorrow is February---even though it's supposed to be an even MORE depressing month===i find that hard to believe----i mean---MARCH MEANS SPRING!!!!!---- so i am just glad that month number one is done----we do have the same weather kiwonkers---our driveway is all iced up too----and tomorrow it's calling for SNOW and then RAIN-----efffffffffffffff----Easter is really early this year---i think Pancake Tuesday is next week-----anyone going to watch Hillsie and Oprah-bama duke it out in an hour?????

Wabby
01-31-2008, 11:08 PM
I think I'll skip the debate. I turned on music this morning instead of the news and I managed to get lots more done. Of course I'm operating on leftover sunshine power. The gray and rain will make me crash soon enough, I'm sure. This was my day--

Drank coffee
Wrote a note to a friend
Made lists
Did 2 loads of laundry
Changed sheets
Walked in the freeeeeezing cold until my ears hurt - me and my Dotty dog.
Thought about Kiwi walking her Jet on the other side of the country.
Cleaned up deck area, took garbage can and recycling can out to street
Picked up trash that dogs had gotten into
Talked to my sis in law on phone, had a cry
Showered, dressed
Made and ate cream of wheat
Did an insurance audit report for last year of business & faxed off
Paid a bill
Put air in my tires
Went to cemetery to see if the marker had finally been installed - it had, seemed totally surreal
Went to Office Depot for w-2 forms for last year
Bought a few groceries went home and unloaded
Called my sis
Made some salsa in my new handy dandy food chopper doo-hickey that my mom gave me
Babysat pudgy baby boy while his mommy did a few errands
Did the w-2's for employees & mailed
Now I need to get off here and go pick up a prescription

Now isn't that a list that Lush would be proud of?

Bagzie, your lupines are so pretty. My daffodils by my back door came up while I was gone, and next month I may take the train to Seattle for the garden show. A definite sign of spring.

Don't you just love Peaches because she never gloats about living in the sunshine state???

Tomorrow one of youz cows needs to start a new thread.

Kiwonk
02-01-2008, 03:53 AM
wow, productive day, Wab! All I did was sort recycling today. The furnace guy fixed our furnace -- can I take credit for that?

I have posted a new thread, just in time for Febrilarry.

kiwi