100 lb. Club - Accountability / Menus / Planning 12/31-1/6

mj5
12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Are you looking for some accountability? This is a great place to get it and support too! :^:

mj5
12-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Good Morning! I just finished doing a 3 mile Leslie Sansone "Walk Away Your Waistline" dvd. Oh, my! I was sweating and I can SO feel it in my legs! It is a great dvd for some aerobic activity and really easy to follow! I am really happy to have my exercise out of the way for the day. I may do some yoga later if I have time, though.

purplefirefly--Good for you!!! Having a plan is half the battle sometimes! I know you can do this too!!!

rhonda--How are you doing today?

nicole--How are you?

sara--Hope you are getting some sleep finally!

Hi to everyone else!

Today is weigh in day, but TOM is on it's way, and I am so bloated and feel icky. I did step on the scale, but am not counting the weight for today--I am sure it is water retention.

I am just hanging out at home today. Later we are going to some friends for dinner--we are taking the food--they always cook for us, so I thought it would be a nice treat if we cooked for them! Plus, they cook SO unhealthy that this gives me an opportunity to have control over what we eat!

I am about to go snuggle up with the dogs, but I wanted to pop in here and wish everyone a very happy new year. I am so very thankful for finding this site and this group in particular. I know I can do it this time! It just feels different!

Beverlyjoy
12-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi folks - Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy 2008! Tonight we are going to dinner with my mom, aunt and cousin & wife. Chinese is our tradition for New Year's eve.

I made it through a fourth day of sane eating. I weighed myself to day - it's been a couple of weeks. Somehow those 1000 cookies I ate around Christmas didn't stick...I lost 2 pounds in the past two weeks. :D

My plans for today:
meditation
ice and heat on my pieces and parts
journal and plan food
stretches

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - clemintine, turkey
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese on whole wheat, mashed turnips and carrots
snack - yogurt and flax
dinner - won ton soup & steamed veggie dumplings
snack - cinn. toast and lite cocoa

Mj5 - good job on the the workout!!!!

Have a great day folks.

Beverly

mj5
01-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Good Morning!

beverlyjoy--CONGRATS on 2lbs!!! That is awesome! Hope you had fun last night! The workout was awesome! I can totally feel it in my legs today!

Today is a 'pajama day' at our house! Can't wait to just have a day to relax w/ hubby! That doesn't happen too often!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Beverlyjoy
01-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Hi folks - had a good evening last night. Hope you did too. Today we have friends coming over to watch the Rose Bowl. My DH is a USC fan. I've worked it out to have things that are healthy for me to eat. Along with the regular munchies and treat folks will bring - I'll put out a bowls of strawberries and pretzels, too.

My plans:

Meditate
Jouranl food
water, water, water
walk up and own the stairs a few extra times

Food -

breakfast - yogurt with flax, pnb toast
snack - 1/2 banana
lunch - saurkraut & pork on some baked potato
snack - strawberries and pretzels
dinner - chilli with some crackers
snack - bite of pie, bite of brownie

Have a GREAT day.

Mj5 - Do you like yoga alot. I know folks that do it usually love it. I meditate every day. I think it gets me through the day better - maybe yoga next.

Beverly

mj5
01-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Beverlyjoy--I LOVE yoga! I love that it's not getting the moves perfect, but trying that counts. I bought a dvd recently and it is great! It even has a cd that you do right in bed before you get up--some breathing and gentle stretching and ends with positive affirmations. I start most mornings with this cd and notice a HUGE difference when I don't. I have also noticed different muscle development--even though I lift weights, doing yoga is helping develop some other muscles. I say give it a try as long as you make modifications for your back, etc.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Happy New Year!

Its a little quiet around here, huh? Everyone feeling okay after their New Year's celebrations? I had a big total of two drinks last night, so I'm feeling okay. A little headachey from my sinuses and my back is sore....no idea why....but, otherwise :D I'm feeling okay.(Boy, am I getting old?) This was our first New Year's since we moved from Florida and we quite enjoyed the evening. Usually, Hubby and I just hang out around the house where its safe. Last night, there were two parties in our neighborhood that we were invited to. One was a big block party with bonfires and a live band. That was a lot of fun, even though it was bit chilly outside. The other party was indoors at a lovely couples house with some of our favorite neighbors. I have to say that last night was one of the best New Year's Eve I've ever had....and I didn't overindulge on the alcohol! Of course, I can't say the same about the food. Beef brisket, roasted pork, homemade tamales, tons of sweets...Yikes! It was definitely a dieters worst nightmare!

Beverly - Congratulations on the 2 pound loss! :carrot:
MJ - Enjoy your relaxing pajama day.

Today, I finally braved the scales and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I thought I had probably gained about 10 pounds since my last weigh-in on Dec 17th. But, the scales show that I've only gained 2.4 pounds. Whew! What a relief. My plan was to start phase 1 of Southbeach again today, but I forgot to pick up a couple of things. Plus, my family is coming back to my house today and will be here through Friday. Its tough to do Phase 1 with family here as the food is quite restrictive. So, I plan on doing a modifiied plan.....no sugar, no breads, no potatoes...and we'll see what happens. I've been bingeing on sugar so much lately that I'm sure these small changes will bring some small changes on the scales.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day! I'll be back tomorrow...no more hiding!

Purplefirefly
01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes Seba...no more hiding! I am glad you enjoyed your night, the parties sound really fun. And I do agaree, SB phase 1 is really restrictive, it is hard to do unless you have normal day to day living going on.

I did as usual last night--stayed in with hubby and kids. I try to get them asleep before the new years shooters start because it keeps them up, and I have to bring all 3 dogs inside because it scares them to absolute death, so I stayed busy. Then kids collided in the hallway and knocked my daughter's front top teeth out! Completely out, it was just horrible, but they were baby teeth and she'll be okay. She goes to the dentist later this week, so good timing at least. I did get to smooch hubby at midnight, then we went to sleep :lol: guess we are getting old!

Today I have done a lot of cleaning, a little laundry, got the kids all ready to return to school tomorrow, and tomorrow it's back to 6AM wake up calls :yawn: I am not a morning person, so not looking forward to that.

I have done an hour of cardio and a short 8 min. leg workout though, so exercise is right on target. I'll be back to my JM workouts...doing that during biggest loser later on! I will be tired tomorrow, but should check in at some point.

Oh, and check out my new "binge free days" count in my siggy...my big goal this year is to whoop the binge/emotional eating habit. I have a list of things I'll do instead of eat and by the end of the year I hope it will no longer be an issue. Today was day one of binge free living.

Beverlyjoy
01-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi folks - I am so, so glad the holiday season is over. Hubby's team won yesterday - yay USC. I made it through the six weeks of the holiday season losing weight for the first time in my life. (lost ten pounds in those six weeks) I want to thank you all for your support. You folks rock.

My plans for today:

-stretching
-meditate
-office work
-journal food and values
-walk up and down the stairs before each meal - we live in a ranch style home - so I don't do stairs always every day. - But today I will - unless it bothers my knees.
-warm water pool - walking & the jets on my back

food-

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
snack - mashed carrots and turnips
lunch - Healthy Choice Pea & ham soup, veggies and lite dip
snack - yogurt with flax
dinner - turkey polish sausage, brown rice, green bean salad
snack - cherrios, milk, strawberries

Purple -Oh goodness! Your daughter getting her teeth knocked out! Glad they aren't the permanent ones. Good job on the cardio!

Rhonda - 2.4 pounds is not bad for the holiday season to gain. That's what "normal eaters" probably do. Your plan sounds good.

Mj5 - they have water yoga at the health center where I go. I've been thinking about it.

Everyone...have a GREAT day.

Beverly

Purplefirefly
01-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Ahhhhh, the wonderful joy of a quiet house :) The kids are off to school and I felt bad they had to go because I loved them being home...but soon as they were both out of the van and the quiet set in I realized I didn't feel bad at all :lol: they were SO ready to get away from me and back to their friends and I can actually get some cleaning done this morning.

I had a little binge last night...not a good way to start out the new year! BUT, I know why and this is my big goal this year, to control this, so I started a little binge journal. It's a small little notebook and I just put week one, and then binge #1 and put what I ate, calorie count, and then how I was feeling. today I will journal in there about why I feel it happened. This helped a lot because I had to think about the calories i had taken in, WAY more than I thought when i ate it, and then just thinking through the cause helped. I feel I can control better next time. Mainly I am looking for patterns of what causes it, last night I was very tired and just anxious about the new year, my goals, afraid I will not succeed...so I will be listing those things and looking for patterns, then coming up with specific plans of attack for the future.

:( Still not a great start to that goal.

Schmoodle
01-02-2008, 09:09 AM
sorry I've been so scarce the last week or so. I had my first completely on-plan day yesterday in the last 10 days. Feels great, and I hope to add another today. At least all the temptations are gone, and I'm stocked up with healthy food. I am redoing Ph1 of SBD for the next two weeks to "detox" from the sugar and get rid of any cravings. So here's today:

B - cheese omelet with veggies, V8, coffee
S - string cheese
L - turkey and cheese salad, 3 bean salad
S - sugar free gingerbread latte, celery and peanut butter
D - Mediterranean chicken and eggplant Bolognese
S - fudgesicle

The kids are out of the house (except for oldest DD - home from college for 2 more wks). They were not happy to go, it took both me and DH shoving them out the door to get them there. I'm anxious to get settled back into "normal", or what passes for it around here. Have a great day chicks!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Well, I'm back to work today, but things still aren't "normal" around here yet. The girls don't go back to school until Monday and we still have company. I sure do wish I didnt have to work. Hubby and I both work from home and the temptation to "play" instead of work is not so fun. And, I didn't do well with staying on-plan yesterday. My house is definitely not my safe zone right now. There are so many sugary snacks around here that I feel like I'm walking through a mine-field! And, my self control is almost non-existent. But, I'll continue trying. This weekend, my plan is to purge the house of all the unnecessary junk. None of my family really needs this stuff and it will help Hubby and I to get back 100% on-plan.

Beverly - Congratulations on losing 10 pounds during the holidays! :carrot:
Purple - keeping a journal sounds like a great idea. Many of our successful 3FC weightloss heroes kept journals. I've decided to start blogging again each day as a way to track what I'm thinking and feeling.
Schmoodle - How are you doing with Phase 1? I really think I need to repeat that phase too. I'm thinking that Monday would be a great day to do so.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Schmoodle
01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
So far, so good Rhonda, but I am only on day 2 of Ph1. No headaches or anything like that yet, but I'm a little anxious because I've heard Ph1 is harder the second time around. We'll see. I'm expecting some kind of withdrawals because I have eaten so much sugar and white flour over the last 2 weeks. At least I've got lots of company because a lot of chicks in the SB forum are starting out the new year with a Ph1 re-do. I hear you about the safe zone because my house has been sugar **** lately. I got the kitchen all cleaned out over the weekend, then we had a second Christmas dinner on Sunday with some family we missed the first time around, and I came home with gifts of a pumpkin log, homemade shortbread, white chocolate peppermint bark, and dark chocolate almonds. I took it all to my friend's house for New Year's Eve with the remaining cookies and fudge and conveniently "forgot" to bring it home after. So I am pretty safe now, with the exception of some candy the kids have from their stockings. I know you'll be glad to get your house cleaned out over the weekend. It's such a relief! Maybe I'll see you on Ph1 on Monday. There's a Ph1 thread going on the SB forum, if you want to pop in and say "hi".

mj5
01-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Good Morning! Last night I gave in to TOM cravings and went for the bag of dark M&M's...I ate a handful before I realized they tasted pretty bad--kind of waxy. I set them aside and didn't want any more.

This morning I did 15 mins of yoga and one mile of my WATP dvd. I am planning on going to the gym, if the weather clears up--othewise it's home and I'll do more of the WATP dvd. Drinking LOTS of water today too.

Rhonda--Your NYE sounds like fun! Glad the scale wasn't as bad as you thought! You can do it!!!

Purplefirefly--Oh no, I hope your daughter is ok! Great job on the exercise!

Beverlyjoy--Great job losing through the holidays!!! Water yoga sounds great! I say go for it!

Schmoodle--Welcome back! You can do it!!

Nicole--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else! I am trying to get back into 'work mode', not easy!!!!

nicolen
01-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Gah!

I'm trying to be around guys - my ISP is having connectivity issues at the moment and this is the first time I've got online since Sunday. Naturally this happens when all the technical bods are on holiday.

It's been very frustrating - I never realised how much I needed my online fix until now! I think I might need a 12 step programme. ;)

Anyway, posting really quickly just in case things go down again - will try and catch up and post properly tonight. Hope the new year has started well for everyone - so far so good for me.

Take care :hug:

mj5
01-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Nicole--Isn't technology wonderful...until there is a problem?!!!! I seriously start to panic if there is a problem w/ our internet. Luckily, so far there hasn't been anything I couldn't fix myself, yet. Great to hear from you!!!

mj5
01-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi again! I did go to the gym right after work, even though I was running late. I did my legs/back workout w/ weights and 20 mins of cardio. Add the 15 mins of yoga and 15 mins of cardio from this am and I am really happy w/ my exercise today! I drank lots of water and have a healthy dinner planned.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Beverlyjoy
01-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi folks - I had a huge binge last night. I know exactly where it came from. We had a big party for New Years day and I resisted the pie, brownies, cheese and crackers, chip and dip and all the things that came in the door. Well - it was a rebound for me. It's my MO from years before.--get through the party and binge later. But, I threw away everything that I don't need to have as a tempation. I'll drink lots of water and plan for a healthy day. I am feeling hopeful that I can get through it.

food plan:

breakfast - applesauce with ff cheese, peanut butter toast
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white salad sandwich with lf cheese open face, roasted veggies
snack - yogurt with flax, crackers
dinner - turkey sausage, blueberry pancakes, sf syrup
snacck - cherrios, banana, milk.

Purple - good job on the binge journal - I think that will help.

Schmoodle - on plan - good for you! Good job getting the junk out and giving away the goodies. Your' right - it is a releif when it's out.

Rhonda - Do the best you can - it will be a little bit easier when the junk is out.

mj5 - putting down the m&m's is awesome. Good for you!

Nicolen = sorry about your computer having issues...it know that I feel "lost" when mine is on the fritz.

Everyone - have a GREAT day!

Beverly

Purplefirefly
01-03-2008, 08:10 AM
mj--Great workout yesterday! Keep it up.

Beverly--so sorry about the binge, but you know exactly what to do...get right back on plan and maybe think about how to handle this since it is a problem you've had for awhile it sounds.

I had a really good day yesterday, completely on plan. I planned to do 2 hours cardio, but was so tired and just feeling horrible, so I went to bed early...did get in an hour and 15 min. during the day though, so that still meets my minimum goal of an hour a day for the points challenge.

I'm really striving for perfect 4 point days until weigh in on Monday because I didnt' lose last week and so far this week am still at 236, so I looked at my points and realized I've been earning just 2 pts. a day, my eating has been off so I know that is the problem. I will shoot for 4 points and hope to still lose something...I really love that point challenge, it helps me look back and pinpoint what is going wrong when the scale stops!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year. I can't complain here, it's just suddenly turned cold and that always makes me feel tired and depressed, so I am trying to fight that with exercise instead of food.

Schmoodle
01-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Good morning chicks. That's two days back on plan under my belt now. That's in spite of the huge box of Lindt chocolates we received yesterday from DH's aunt. I have not touched one! Today's menu:
B - egg salad wraps, coffee, milk
S - string cheese, V8
L - rutabaga soup, grilled veg, beans
S - latte, celery with LCLC
D - Taco Bake, salad
S - NSA fudgesicle

I know I'm being tested, but I can do this!:carrot: Keeping my eyes on the Valentine's Day challenge, but I won't weigh again until the end of Ph1, 11 days from now.

Purplefirefly
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Great job avoiding the chocolates, schmoodle! Maybe put them somewhere out of sight, and they will leave your mind as well? I've been doing that and find the whole house forgets about the junk and it ends up getting tossed...I don't buy it anymore, but that's how I deal with what gets sent in.

And what is taco bake? I think I asked before but don't remember where to see if you answered :lol: sorry.

Schmoodle
01-03-2008, 08:45 AM
That's okay purple, I remember posting the recipe, but I don't remember where either. It's a sticky under Phase I entrees in the recipes section of the South Beach Diet Sub-forum. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38592
It's so yummy, I make it all the time. Love it!

mj5
01-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Good Morning! This morning I did the 2mile walk and I feel great! I have already started drinking water and brought my lunch w/ me....for a brief moment last night I considered ordering out today, but I am trying to stick to just going out w/ my friends from work on Fridays. Right after work I am going to the gym for 30 mins of cardio, then to the grocery store.
Beverlyjoy--Ok, so you had a binge. You got rid of the temptations and have a plan for today. Brush yourself off. You CAN do it today!

Purplefirefly--I hope you feel better. Great cardio! It's really cold here too, but at least today the sun is out.

Schmoodle--Yea! Wow, that's willpower, not sure I would be able to resist the chocolates!

Rakel and Sara--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else! Have a great on plan day!

nicolen
01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Morning everyone!

All my connectivity issues seem to have been resolved - yay! Let's hope I haven't jinxed everything by writing that.

Anyway, New Year, New Me has got off to a great start. I made up my mind that I'd readjust my tickers on New Years Day, so that's why I've shot up. I've got through the silly season without gaining anything so that's got to be a good thing. I've made it to the gym 3 days in a row and had a couple of really good workout.

Actually, speaking of that, it's been funny and annoying watching some of the newbies. I was the newbie this time last year, so I'm trying not to show my annoyance, but I wasn't impressed when one of them grabbed the elliptical I had booked last night. Given that it's written on the machines and on the booking boards to check if they were booked before using the machines, I think I was allowed to be annoyed... Rather passive-aggressive of me, but I just walked over to the booking board, looked at it to confirm I'd booked it for that time and then walked over to the bike. She looked a bit embarrassed and got off the elliptical. I got a giggle out of one of the other newbies - a skinny little thing - followed me around the circuit and clearly thought she could do what the fat girl did - and had to adjust the weights considerably downwards after the first rep!

MJ, sounds like you've made a fantastic start to the new year. Long may we keep it up!

Beverly, good for you for throwing the leftovers away. Sounds like the binge could have been much worse than it was...

Purple, keep up with the exercise. Good luck with the food as well...

Schmoodle, great stuff. Keep it up!

Everyone else, as well as lurkers and newbies. That's a bit of a mouthful! Stop by and introduce yourself or let us know how you're doing. We'd love to hear from you!

Take care :hug:

mj5
01-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi again!

Nicole--Yea you!!!! Awesome start to the new year! I had to laugh at your gym experience....I must say, I was somewhat annoyed when I pulled into the gym parking lot last night and saw what looked like a zillion cars. Now, I suppose I should be happy that so many people are trying to be healthy. However, if history repeats itself, but the end of next month the "crowd" will be back to normal. Good for you for making sure you got your time on the elliptical!

I have a headache that just won't quit today! It's almost a migraine, but not quite. As soon as I finish eating, I will take some more meds and hopefully that will kick it. If not, I may have to resort to getting a cup of coffee--something I have been trying not to do in the afternoon, but sometimes the caffeine will help.

Hope you are having a great on plan day.

kissingginger
01-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Okay, so I'm a newbie and have never posted in this area before.

My menu for today (all my veg/fruit/meat/teas is organic except for the tuna).

1/2 cup of oats and 1 small banana
green tea - no milk no sugar
water
water
water!!!
I missed my snack and went on the treadmill instead....this was a huge mistake as I was SUPER HUNGRY. by the time I showered and got downstairs it was already lunch time.
big salad - lettuce, tomatoes 2 tbsp. of olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper
1 can of tuna with flax seeds and 2 Kavli crackers.

I plan for snack: 2 apples, more tea and something protein, but I just don't know what. (any ideas?)

Dinner is chicken breast, brocolli & brown rice, (portioned to 1/4 cup).

More water, more tea.

I plan to *allow* myself 1 small portion of dark chocolate anytime during the day (not after dinner) in the event of a craving...but I don't have it yet, so it's on my list for the next grocery shop.

That's it for today!

Any feedback would be GREAT!!!

rakel
01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Today is definitely the day. I'm starting and ending this right, no excuses, and I will be exercising today. I'll check in later with how I do!

rakel
01-03-2008, 05:15 PM
PS: If you guys think you have it bad, it's probably worse for me since my livelihood depends on the internet functioning properly :P

Purplefirefly
01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Schmoodle--Thanks for the link, I am going to try that this week!

Nicole--:lol: at the gym story, must feel so good for you to show that a fat girl can be strong :strong: but you won't be fat for long!

Rakel--:drill: you can do it, girl! Get moving!

Sara--I wondered about you today, hope you are okay!

I am having trouble staying alert today, but I managed to scrub floors by hand, grocery shop, and shuttle the kids around as usual. Tomorrow is a very busy day, daughter has a cheerleading pep rally in the evening...there will be 100 cheerleaders, plus all the basketball players, then ALL their families packed into one gym :fr: and I have to try and get a seat where I can take pictures of her...that might not happen because I can't go an hour early and sit with a 4 year old that long, he'd go nuts!

Okay, I'm showing my crankiness so I'll end this there...I am not feeling hungry either, only 900 calories right now and I don't feel like eating :( what the heck is wrong with me? :lol:

BigMommaTX
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I would like to have an accountability partner. does anyone want a stray Texan??

rakel
01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
BigMommaTX: Welcome! This thread is for group accountability, I find it works pretty well because there's usually always a few people in here that you can talk to and I like the group atmosphere. You might reach a wider audience with your one-on-one request if you post a new thread about it in the 100lb club. Good luck, and know you are always welcome to join in and be accountable to all of us, and we to you :)

I did my exercise on DDR today, and so far food is pretty good: I had a salad, handful of pistachios, WW Progresso soup with saltines and laughing cow cheese.

Purplefirefly
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Okay, I have been fighting this for the past couple days, but it is official...I am SICK! I've had this draining going on down the back of my throat, taking Mucinex and it was getting better but now my throat is really hurting :( my head hurts, I ache all over, and had to give in this evening and hit the bed early. Except I got woken up twice by the kids, and then by the dog..and now it is 11:30 and I can't go back to sleep.

I have also been having trouble sleeping the past couple nights...I think because hubby is gone again. He is a truck driver and I am used to him being gone during the week, but he was home 6 days straight for Christmas, then left for 2 and came back for 4 days for new years, and now he is off again and I got used to sleeping next to him, so being alone now is hard. I thought he was coming home tonight, but he got a good load to California so will not be back until NEXT MONDAY. I absolutely hate him being gone that long, and it's been happening a lot lately...but I can't complain because it pulls in a lot of money and after Christmas we really need it right now.

Okay, I'll stop whining. Back to try and sleep AGAIN.

mj5
01-04-2008, 05:32 AM
Good Morning! Ok, so I looked at the clock wrong this am and ended up getting up at 4am!!! YIKES! I am going to pay for that later! No wonder the dogs were looking at me like I had lost my mind when I took them out this am! Oh well, by the time I realized it was 4 and not 5 (like I thought), I was wide awake. So, I did an hour of cardio. I may not have time to go to the gym later, so it was good to get some cardio in now.

kissingginger--Welcome!

Rakel--Good for you, I knew you could do it!

Purplefirelfy--Wow, I don't know that I have every scrubbed my floors by hand! I hope you were able to get a good seat the the pep rally! I hope you feel better soon. I hate it when my hubby isn't home and that doesn't happen often. I give you a lot of credit for being able to work w/ your hubby's schedule.

BigMommaTX--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy
01-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi folks - I am so glad I had a good, sane and healthful food day yesterday. I was feeling kind of shaky after the binge the night before. I think (hope) I am past that. What I have read about folks that have long term/time weight loss is that when they fall off the wagon - they get right back on and carry on. I hope that's my direction, too.

My back is still hurting a bit. I'll give it another 10 days on the meds, if it's not better, I'll check back in with my doctor to see what else we can do for it.

ice & heat on my pieces and parts
-warm water pool
-massage - it's my reward for losing 30 pounds, plus hopefully, it will make my back feel better (I love massages)
-paper work
-journal food and feelings
-water, water, water
-meditate

food

breakfast - cottage cheese & 1/2 banana
snack - carrots
lunch - openface turkey pastrami and lite cheese on whole wheat, veggies & dip.
snack - applesauce and cheese, crackers
dinner - grilled light cheese and tomato soup, green bean salad
snack - cheerios, skim milk, strawberries

Purple - hope you feel better! Glad you've had some good days. That's great. I hope you can sleep better - it's hard when you can't sleep. Warm milk (really) helps me.

Schmoodle - Yes, sometimes it's best not to weigh so often. Sounds good that you have a day in mind. In the long run - it's a process of good eating that really matters - then the end product of weight loss will follow.

Mj5 - a 2 miles walk! Awesome! Keep up the great excersise!

Nicolen - so glad your computer is working!!

Kissingginger - it's good to have a plan - then your mind doesn't have to "spin around" - with "What will I eat next". Welcome!

rakel- good for you!! Excellent.

bigmamatx - Welcome!!!

I hope you all have a GREAT and healthful day.

cckayac
01-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Girlygirl thanks I found you now. I am off to work in a few min. but wanted to stop in. Did good yesterday up until my last meal which was much later than norm and I think I was over hungry. But still wasn't over too much for the day200 cals extra from munchies naughy choice. Oh well at least my rest of the day was healthy.
Talk to you all soon looks like everyones on a roll here. Keep it up.

Purplefirefly
01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I feel much better today, even though I was up past 2AM...oh I hated that alarm at 6AM! My 5 year old daughter was up at 1 until about 2AM as well, not sure why, she just said she couldn't sleep. That's not like her, so who knows. It's strange, my throat hurt really bad last night, took some Ibuprofren for my aching head and woke up this AM with a clear, not hurting throat :shrug: I thought I was sick, but I just have the stuffy nose this AM, so no clue what the sore throat was about...can that happen just from being overly tired?

I am sure I will be okay tonight, even if I don't get pics of her out on the floor, I will get some backstage with her friends all dolled up...we are talking kindergarteners that have never cheered before, so they are all really excited..and I cannot wait to start a scrapbook page! I just hate going to these things just me and my 4 year old, he is such a handful if we go early to get good seats, and people around here get there like 2 hours early just to save seats for their entire crew...and every single day they line up at the school over an hour before it lets out, so they will be first to pick up their kids...how do they have the time? And why do they want to do all this sitting around just to be first? It drives me INSANE, I do not understand it.

Okay, way off subject there :lol: sorry everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

My house is too quiet this morning. My brother, SIL and nephews left last night. They live in another country and I won't see them for another 1 1/2 years.:( I'm feeling just a tad depressed and weepy today. And, the number on the scales finally caught up with me. I am showing a significant gain. I won't update my ticker until my official weigh-in on Monday. Maybe, by some miracle, I can drop a couple of pounds in three days. Today, I'm drinking tons of water to help flush my system and eliminate any of the pounds that may be water retention. I have no more of my flimsy excuses now. The holidays are over and my guests are gone. Its time to get back to the business of losing weight and building a healthy future for myself and my family.

Nicole - I laughed at your story about the newbies at the gym! I work out from home, so I'm not fighting the New Year's resolution crowds, but I am always amazed at the diet commercials on TV and the number of "diet" products on display in the aisles of the grocery stores and Wal-mart. Weight loss is definitley a big money industry. I wish I had all of the money I've spent on weight loss programs and products. I'd be a rich woman!
Kissingginger - :welcome2: Your menu sounds great. Are you tracking calories?
BigMommaTX - :welcome2: How about a whole group of accountability partners? We'd love for you to join us each day.
Rakel- Great job on getting exercise yesterday!
Purple - glad you're feeling better today!
MJ - 4 am! Wow....guess your body wanted that hour of cardio! :D
Beverly - Sorry to hear that your back is giving you problems today. But, very glad to hear that you're back on plan after your binge. Jumping back on the wagon after a short detour=success! I must remember that for myself.
CC - 200 calories is not too bad. You can recover from that with no problem. Keep trying.

My plan for today: Its time for some detoxing and prepping my body for losing another 80+ pounds. So, I'm on phase 1 of Southbeach today. Hopefully, the first few days won't be as bad as last time. But, if they are, I have the weekend to recover.

Cheryl - I really miss you. If you're lurking, please know that we'd love to hear from you.

rakel
01-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks everybody! I'm still up from last night... trying to turn my schedule around for probably the millionth time. Not sure how long I'll last... I think I'll go take a nap for a few hours and just keep staying up as late as possible until I'm on a day schedule. I don't know why I can't just stick to a schedule once I get on it, but once I get a job I will pretty much be forced to do it.

kissingginger
01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Morning everyone!

Thanks for all the wonderful well-wishes! I'm happy to report I've lost another few pounds (I think that is what usually happens when you start eating healthier in the first week...so my scale said 264.6 down from 267 yesterday). It feels good to see the numbers go down so quickly, but I know it's temporary and mostly "water weight".

Girlygirl, I am not tracking calories at this point. A) I don't really know how B) I've tried to use fitday and find it so time consuming - Do you have any suggestions or advice? Should I be checking to make sure I am getting enough or not eating too many?

Today's Plan

I had to get up this morning and get the office to get some bloodwork done and I had to fast for this (no eating after 10pm - which was no problem) but I am pretty grouchy in the morning without food/tea///anything!@!!!!

I've neglected myself for too long since I've had my kids, so following a doctors appointment, today was the only day in my schedule ( I run a daycare Mon-Thur) that I could go get my bloodwork done --which involved getting up, take all my kids with me and have them dressed and ready to go and out the door at 7:15. They were so shocked, they are used to being in their jammies till at least 9am everyday! Such is the life when you have 3 1/2 year old triplets!!! So the boys got fruit bars on the way and I promised them we would stop at the bagel shop (Tim Hortons) on the way home. I knew this and planned for this for today.

Breakfast
-after the bloodwork, I brought my own apple and ate it right away.
-1/2 low fat-blueberry muffin from Tim Hortons (the kids all wanted a "piece")
1 extra large decaf coffee with milk
Snack -carrots& hummus
Lunch-eggs and cucumber, tomato & 1 kavli crackers
snack - 2 organic apples, tea
Dinner- chicken, green beans and salad.

I love having a PLAN - it helps so much and then I don't have to think!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Hi folks - feels good, I got thru another day. I loved my massage - it felt good. It was my reward for losing 32 pounds last year. Today, I am staying close to home - maybe out to the bank. I have things to do here. I am trying to stay focussed despite lots of aches and pains.

I went to the warm water pool yesterday (92 degrees) before my massage....the warm water felt good. I am in the pool with folks all in their 70's and 80's - I love those folks. Here I am at 55 with the same aches and pains. Oh well - the water helps and I made the time to do it.

put away xmas things DH
calls for storytelling
ice and heat for my pieces and parts
stretches
journal food and feelings
water, water, water
PMA - positive mental attitude

food -

breakfast - grits, lf cheese, flax
snack - clementine
lunch - hummus, crackers, veggies and lite dip
snack - crackers, strawberries
dinner - out with friends - (I checked the online menu) salmon, rice, veggie
snack - cheerios, 1/2 banana, skim milk

cckayac - good that you stopped eating and only went over by 200 calories. That's actually a victory in my book.

Purple - sometimes a sore throat can come from a stuffy nose dripping down the throat. Whatever the reason...so glad it GONE. Scrapbooks are so cool! :)

Rhonda - I understand the sadness that comes when family leaves and you won't see them for a while. :hug: Drink LOTS of water - everyday is a new beginning. You'll take that weight off in no time. Once you have a couple good days under your belt - you'll be back into the swing of it.

Rakel - hope you got that nap! :) Hope you can get that schedule going soon. Have a great day.

kissingginger - congrats on the weight loss :carrot: - it's always encouraging when that first bit comes off! You have triplets!!! Wow - you are one busy lady! Great planning.

I hope you all have a healthy and great day!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

I made it through day 1 of being back on-plan. It was tough as there are still a couple of tempting things in the pantry....some cookies and some chocolates. Also, I was feeling pretty down and missing my family, so I was tempted to just go easy on myself yesterday and start my plan today instead. Today, I will make sure those temptations go missing! ;) I did have a couple of small glasses of wine last night, however, the scales dropped this morning. I lost the pounds that appeared this week, so I'm back down to last Monday's weigh-in amount. Maybe I can lose a pound of two before this Monday.:crossed: I feel okay. Just a bit tired and headachey from the sugar detox. Thats what I get for eating all of that sugar these last few weeks!

Today's plan - Still on Phase 1 of Southbeach. Not sure if I'll stay on phase 1for the whole 2 weeks. I may just do this for a few days, then jump back into a modified phase 2. I miss my steelcut oatmeal and my smoothies! Today is also housecleaning day. I plan on keeping myself too busy to think about eating off-plan. Plus, I'll probably burn a ton of calories.

Ginger - Although I follow Southbeach, I do periodically count my calories. These helps me to stay on-track as its very easy to start overeating with the healthy foods, too. When my weight loss stalls, its usually because I've started eating too many calories. I also get very frustrated with using the calorie counting sites, so I use my own spreadsheet. I may have to look up the calories of something to enter them, but I tend to eat the same stuff each week, so I have most of the calories counts handy.
Beverly - The massage sounds great! I'd like to do that one day. One question....if you get a full body massage, do they massage everywhere? Like, your bum? Not sure I'd feel too comfortable about that.:D

mj5
01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone! I totally slept in today--9:30am! I haven't done that in, well, I can't remember when! I guess all those early morning finally caught up with me! (I was still awake at 5am, but I just forced myself to stay in bed and I did finally fall back to sleep).

Today I was going to start my big cleaning project at home, but I am just not in the mood, but maybe next weekend! I am going to do just 'normal' cleaning and finishing putting away Christmas decorations. Hubby did most of it yesterday, which was AWESOME!!! I also have a few errands to run and laundry to do. Not a terribly exciting day, but that's ok! Hubby has tomorrow off (YEA!), so if I can get a lot done today we can have the whole day together tomorrow.

Hubby was just asked to be in a wedding in July at a fancy country club. Now we both have even more incentive to look fabulous! I would like to be able to buy a great dress for the wedding--maybe with super short sleeves. I have never been happy w/ my upper arms, so it's time to get serious w/ my arm workouts!

Later I will do at least the 2 mile watp--I will shoot for the 3 mile, but would be ok w/ the 2.

There is some drama going on at work (Rhonda, makes me even more envious of your telecommuting!), BUT there is a small chance that it may work into a good opportunity for me. I am not getting my hopes up yet, although it is hard!! I will know more on Monday as things unfold further. I should probably do some yoga later too, to help center myself!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for getting right back on plan! Hope your back feels better. The massage sounds wonderful! I haven't treated myself to one, yet, but will one of these days.

cckayac--Glad you found us again!

Purplefirefly--Hope you are still feeling better! How was the pep rally? Have fun w/ the scrapbook--I work on one from time to time, but I am super far behind w/ it.

Rhonda--I am sorry that you are feeling sad and depressed. It's hard when you know you won't see family for so long. YEA for the loss! Drinking water is good and you are back on track with your plan. You CAN do this!!!

Rakel--Hope you get your schedule back on track.

kissingginger--Congrats on another loss! Oh my, 3 1/2 y/o triplets, they must keep you super busy! Good for you for having a plan!

ok, I need to eat some lunch and then run my errands. I will NOT make the same mistake as last weekend!

I'm sure I'l be back later!

nicolen
01-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Morning everyone!

I meant to post yesterday, but the day got away on me. I wasn't supposed to be that busy - I'd planned to have a quiet day! Best laid plans and all that...

Anyway, gym yesterday and I met up with a friend for what was supposed to be a coffee. I got home around 6 hours later. She's having a few issues at the moment and I knew she had to rant, but I wasn't expecting that much. Still, better for her to let it out than have it fester inside...

Today I started running! Yep - the non runner! I've been thinking about it for a while and I know a lot of people have started using the C25K programme so I thought I'd have a go. It was a bit harder than I thought - my legs are a bit tingly at the moment, so they'll be sore later on. But it'll be a good sore...

Anyway, hi to everyone and a big welcome to our newbies, BigMomma and Ginger. I'm looking forward to getting to know you both!

Take care all :hug:

kissingginger
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Hey everyone!

Great to see all your posts. they are so inspirational!! So yes, I have triplets...and it's been great to be able to tell everyone how much work they are, and how I don't have any time for myself.....BOOOO HOOOOO sob....it's been a great excuse to be lazy and eat whatever I wanted. But I want a better life for my boys and I want to be with them and be able to hike with them and ride bikes with them....As one of the contestants of The Biggest Loser said....I don't want my son to know that I am "fat" and I want to lose the weight to be able do SWIM at the beach, and RIDE a bike with them...and basically I want a better QUALITY of LIFE!!!!! So I find inspiration everywhere and I am determined to keep this up.

So the excuse is gone. They are older. They are potty trained. They can understand now that I have needs too. My treadmill is in their playroom and I tell them now that Mommy needs to exercise and no fighting and whining allowed! Hahahaha! I've talked with my daycare parents and they are all okay that I workout when all the kids are in the playroom. Very Supportive!

So my husband let me sleep in this morning till 9am, I had oatmeal then hit the treadmill and then off for a shower. It's been great! He knows that the last few days have been hard on my body and let me get the extra rest I need. My shins are hurting from my workouts, just enough to bug me, but not enough to stop me.

Today's Plan:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (didn't want to eat too much, cause I was hoping on that treadmill almost right away)
Workout for 50 minutes - walking between 3.0-3.5 mph
lunch: big salad, leftover chicken
snack: apples and 1 banana
dinner: not sure, but I have plenty of time today to figure it out. Veggie will be brocolli.
early evening snack no later than 7pm: popcorn, no butter. Just a little salt.

Girlygirl: right now I think I'll leave the counting out just to simplify my life a bit, until I hit a major stall and then I'll start to track a few days to see where I am at. Right now though, the way I'm eating is so much more of an improvement over what I used to do!

kissingginger
01-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Nicolen - how can I find out information on the C25K program? I'd like to eventually start running and would love to see what the program looks like.

Thanks!

Ginger

nicolen
01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Ginger, it's found on the Cool Runnings site. Here's a link for you:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

There's a heck of a lot of people around here that have done it or are in the process of doing it, so you'll get heaps of support.

Purplefirefly
01-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey everyone! Last night was really awesome, my daughter had the time of her life and we all came home completely exhausted. This morning she had to go back and cheer her first game. They were so adorable! When the teams went to huddle they got to run out on the floor and do their cartwheels or do a cheer, and she has not stopped cheering all day, I am so ready to put her to bed and get some quiet :p

I stayed completely on plan yesterday and today, actually was a bit under calories both days and had extra water. I'm feeling better...just ready to get back on schedule. It's been so long since I've had just normal day to day living where things are scheduled and normal. I am ready for normal again!

Nicole: Thanks for posting that site, I have been wondering about that myself but kept forgetting to ask when I see it in a post.

Ginger:I also used my kids as excuses to be lazy...but I am tired of being the "fat mom!" and I want to change that before they are old enough to be ashamed. Welcome to the group!

mj5
01-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi again! Confession time...I did not get my workout in today. I felt kind of icky today--headache/sinus and my knee is bothering me. I WILL do the 3 mile tomorrow. When I was running errands, I parked at one end of the plaza and walked the whole lenght--rather than moving my car and running into each store.

Nicole--I am sure your friend really appreciated your time. Good for you for starting running!

Kissingginger--Fantastic idea to put the treadmill in the playroom!

Purplefirefly--Yea for dd! Hope you get some quiet tonight ;) Great job staying on plan!

Have a great night!

Beverlyjoy
01-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi folks! I got thru my day OK yesterday - we went out for dinner - the salmon was a bit more then I'd fix for myself - but, I am not going to worry about it at all.

I did my meditations twice - it is so wonderful for me. I think it's made a big difference in my life and program.

Today, I am off to a storyteller's meeting this afternoon.

Here's my plan:

meditation
water, water, water,
journal food and feelings
stretches
meeting this afternoon

food -

b - oatmeal, flax, milk, ff cottage cheese
sn - clemintine
lunch - open face turkey pastrami on ww bread, veggies and light dip
sn - strawberries
dinner - crockpot chicken, rice, spinach
sn - cherrios, banana, milk

I don't have time right now to say hi to all. I'll try to come back later.

Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day.

Bevelry

nicolen
01-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Morning everyone!

Right, barring disasters, this will be my busiest work day of the year as my clients will be back from holiday and wanting their claims sorted now. At the moment, I just want it to be 4pm so the day will be over - or at least the working part of the day.

After the running, I am a bit sore today - legs, obviously and also down the backs of my arms and across the top of my shoulders. Still, it's a good sore...

It's going to be another stinking hot day here - it's not even 6am and I've already got the doors and windows open wide. Still, at least it's a gym day so I'll be exercising in air conditioned goodness tonight. And at least we're getting a summer this year - last year we didn't get any days above 30 deg and I've lost count of the number we've had so far...

No worries about posting the link, ladies. I would suggest, however, that you avoid their forums. I lurked on them last week and they're full of trolls and flamers and have a really nasty atmosphere. To be honest, I've got much friendlier places where I can spend my time!

Take care, everyone! :hug:

cckayac
01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone well I have been making healthier choices and trying to workout so very busy days. Tonight I did the treadmill for 25 min. then did aquatics for an hr. so it was a super day.
Our weather has been in the 60's crazy I tell yah. Here in central new york we never get it like this year. Last week it was below 0 one day this week no way. Wed is to be in the 50's but the driving to work is nice no snow! Well gotta fly just wanted to stop in and say hay I am hanging in there and trying to make a difference.

Purplefirefly
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey cc! We are in 70s this week...unbelievable! We have a new thread for this week so come on over :)