The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

sportmom
02-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Gosh, is mark having PMS tonite or WHAT???

What's the deal with the little brother protection thing? You'd think he was mentally disabled or something. I think Jay can fend for himself just fine.........

sportmom
02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Oh, this is just weird and uncomfortable. It's like male bonding camp. Or else they all got transfusions with Kelly's blood over the last week.

sportmom
02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Wait, HOW is Mark's body broken down??? Is that why he lost only one pound? I don't understand why they would send him home when next week he will have a BIG LOSS.

sportmom
02-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Damn, Mark's looking GOOD. looking like some bob-cousin or something!!!! wwoohoo!

Shay
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
If blue loses next week, they need to vote Jay off next. I don't care for anyone on the black team so any one of them could go home if they lose the weigh in. Okay Bernie is alright. If he didn't have that sense of humor I would care less. Mark looks great. Yes they're going to individuals next week!

Shay
02-26-2008, 11:04 PM
I think this was the only opportunity to get him off the team because he would have pulled a big number next week. I guess that really doesn't matter since they are going to individuals.

zinkemomx2
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Mark had that stress fracture in his leg. Must not be healing very well. I am so glad they didn't back door Roger. I probably would have crawled through the TV and kicked some ***.

He said he was down to 195 and wants to lose 10 more. 185 and he will look perfect. He doesn't need to stay at the ranch to lose 10 pounds.

So glad we didn't have to see Jay's moobs.

missingmyerica
02-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Okay...so....here's my observations from tonights episode:

Episode starts off with....guess what? Kelly's crying!! Grrr....enough already woman. I hope she puts eye cream on every night, because she is going to have some serious wrinkles if she keeps this up!

The boys in their suits.....too funny....you could see how great they felt. That was nice of Bob to do that for them.

Does anyone else find Dan annoying now? He is getting a little too cocky for me. Plus that tattoo was so ugly. ick.

Thank you...thank you....no man boobs tonight. Jay looks like he has two tube socks filled with sand attached to his chest....I simply can't look at that.:(

Brittany is annoying at times, but she is looking hot....AND I feel like she is a wounded soul. There is a sadness about her. meh.

GO BERNIE!

Okay last but not least.....the vote. OMG. They should have had a warning that stated this show was not suitable for people like me....AND it should have been titled "when male bonding goes bad." WAAAAAAY too weird for me. Does Mark realize that his brother is a grown man with a wife and children....a job....AND a home? Why is he so OVER-protective? You can tell Jay is just dying to get out of his brother's shadow and fly on his own.

The ending was nice....a nice farewell. Mark looks absolutely AMAZING. No matter what his personality flaws are, he is an amazing competitor and he took this challenge and ran with it. He should be so proud of himself.

Next week looks like it's going to be good too. This season has really kept me interested.

Hun.e.B
02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
OMG I'm so sick of the black team and all their whining and crying and pissing and moaning. Seriously put on the big girl panties people! How can they sit there and talk about how unfair things are, oh its so unfair, its stacked against us.....HELLO! You've won more times than blue. Good lord, its time to suck it up and move on. Thats always their excuse...oh well we have to go against the big boys...uh huh and you won 3 of 4 weigh ins now havent you, continuing to cry about things makes you look pathetic?? And man are they sore losers...just sad. I'm sick to death of Brittney's eye rolls over anything blue.

I thought this was a really fun episode, the man bonding didnt bother me at all.

So looks like big losses next week because someone breaks 100 lbs.

NemesisClaws
02-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Man, I missed the show tonight! Must have gotten my times wrong because I didn't know there was going to be a Presidential debate on tonight. Sighs...

kissingginger
02-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Okay, I haven't written in here because I'm always afraid of what people might think of what I say. So please, go easy on me :)

I'm happy one of the blue (Mark) went home. Of course Dan knows he would have been a goner if he had not won biggest loser of his team.

This is how I would be looking at the game if I was one of the contestants: Not once has a woman won biggest loser. This is finally their chance. Black team picks off the blue team one-by-one and then the women should plot to get Bernie off as soon as they are able. Then, finally with only three or two women left, a woman can finally win the BIGGEST LOSER TITLE!

I think it's time.

Also, has anyone noticed that only Bernie and Brittany are left as an original couple. All the other couples have lost their other half. Interesting that the strangers (not the friends, teammates, family members) are still left in the game together.

Anyhow, these are just my thoughts. Who knows what will really happen and what kind of loops they will toss into the game to shake things up.

What do you think? Is it finally time for a woman to be the biggest loser?

Cheers,
Ginger

NoVaVTFan
02-27-2008, 07:50 AM
All I have to say is - all of the MALE CRYING WAS SO ANNOYING!! I thought Kelly was annoying with her crying in he past, but this crap from the men tonight just took the cake as far as emotional whiny teary crap that wasn't really necessary. You know, I understand that brothers can have a close and special relationship, but there was just something weird about how Mark was acting about leaving Jay. HE IS A GROWN MAN - HE WILL BE FINE! Seriously, I was just totally turned off from the crying. Geez people get it together!

Diva
02-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Okay...so....here's my observations from tonights episode:

Episode starts off with....guess what? Kelly's crying!! Grrr....enough already woman. I hope she puts eye cream on every night, because she is going to have some serious wrinkles if she keeps this up!

LMAO!!!! I made amental note of that too, but seeing the way you typed it made me spit a lil' of my coffee! :D

HoosierHeather
02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
The crying was so over the top. My DH goes, "Dude, they're not in Iraq or something... it's fat camp!" They were laying it on pretty thick!

Ilene
02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
"Dude, they're not in Iraq or something... it's fat camp!" :lol: that's so true, it was a bit much...

Danny need a hair cut, when will the makeover team come in...plus he is getting cocky...

I KNEW the black team was going to win just by the editing... I'm getting pretty good at reading those reality shows... It's all about editing...

Purplefirefly
02-27-2008, 09:34 AM
The challenge tonight was kinda boring because it was obvious who was going to win. Not saying they didn't work for it, but when the outcome is so obvious I get bored. Once again Brit just keeps going trying to get it done, and Kelly drags behind...I think Brit is good for their team because she is the woman that gives it her all and doesn't quit until she absolutely has to in those competitions. Think back, she's always the last standing when it comes to endurance, so she deserves to stay even if she loses slower for some reason. She is realy trying and doing her best. I can handle her eye rolls, but Kelly doesn't put out as much effort plus the whining and crying, I wish they'd please just eliminate her already!

It was nice to see Dan put in his place at the weigh in. He went in saying he felt unstoppable, that he was consistent and the blue team had this in the bag...and came out a loser! But that doesn't matter, the tough guy cockiness will be back next week. I just don't get how they lose most of the WIs, but think they are so invincible? And BL plays them up like they are unstoppable as well sometimes...and they are so cocky yet they keep losing :?:

Ginger--I would LOVE to see the black team pick off blue and have a female winner this year. I think it is possible, but still don't believe it will come out that way in the end. They will go to singles next week, right? Fighting for their own safety, the men could easily pull Bernie in and pick out the girls with their bigger numbers.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Ginger, so glad you decided to voice your opinion here! No one will rough you up around here, I promise.:)

Well, Mark's control issues were in full force this week. He really thinks that his brother can't do this without him. He sure is arrogant!

Roger is becoming a real hottie! I do love me a big ole' southern boy! And, is Brittney a beauty or what?!

I'm also over the Black team's whining. Okay...we get it...Bob stacked the Blue team. So, how's that working? Not so good.

Not sure yet who I want to win this one. I'm not as impressed with Bernie as everyone else seems to be. He's nice, but just doesn't have that spark for me. I think I want Roger to win this time.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I think Brit is good for their team because she is the woman that gives it her all and doesn't quit until she absolutely has to in those competitions.

I think she's probably the PCOS lady that Jillian talked about.

Hun.e.B
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
I totally forgot...did anyone else notice that last week Allison was wearing blue and the blue team won. And this week she was wearing black and black team won? Coinkidink?? LOL! I remember thinking last week that she shouldnt wear team colors...then she did it again this week. I wonder if its been that way EVERY week!

onthetee
02-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Now all the men are crying. I guess they are trying to make up for Kelly. She hasn't done any tonight, right? I think its funny that Jay didn't take off his shirt tonight.

I said that there is a point in every season where the men put shirts on and the women switch from jog bras to tank tops.

Robin41
02-27-2008, 11:03 AM
I have no issue with men shedding a few tears. Birth, death, your team wins the Super Bowl, Field of Dreams, no issue at all with a few tears. This was freakin ridiculous.

Take care of my little brother??? Freakin ridiculous. I don't care if they're close. That was just weirdly out of whack control issues. How about you wish your brother well and tell him you'll watch over his family and not to worry? Maybe try that.

The challenge. Freakin ridiculous. Four huge guys against three and a half women flipping a 200 pound tire. Why bother?

Loved watching Mark go home to his icky family. Not very nice of me but that daughter may be one of the homeliest kids I've ever seen.

Other than the look on Mark's face when he only lost one pound, I thought this episode was pretty much a trainwreck.

Catsgetnhealthy
02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Wait, HOW is Mark's body broken down???

He has that shin fracture and can't workout as hard as the others.

suesully
02-27-2008, 11:24 AM
The challenge. Freakin ridiculous. Four huge guys against three and a half women flipping a 200 pound tire. Why bother?

:rofl: Great comment!!!

Catsgetnhealthy
02-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Rhonda ~ I agree with you about Roger, I think if he can last he'll end up winning. I laughed when he went home and where they went to eat in Enterprise, AL . Dh was at Ft. Rucker going to flight school and we lived in Enterprise our first year of marriage. lol

Ginger~ I do believe it's time for a woman to win, but with the ladies that are left I don't see it happening.

Robin41~ Yeah that is pretty rude of you talking like that about a little kid.

zinkemomx2
02-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Loved watching Mark go home to his icky family. Not very nice of me but that daughter may be one of the homeliest kids I've ever seen.

I'm not very nice either because I thought the same thing.

I am still glad that Brit is in it just because of her determination in those challenges. She hasn't given up in one yet. Then to see her on the treadmill with Jillian. 14mph! There is no way I could run that right now. But I can identify with what Jillian was saying about quitting. I often feel as that is why I have never tried to lose weight. If I don't try then I can't fail. I need to change that thinking as every pound lost is a success. I don't need to lose it all overnight. There will be setbacks and I am learning from them every day.

Mark really could have handled things much better. Robin41 is right. Tell your little brother you will take care of his family and that you wish him luck. End of story.

Dan will probably lose an extra two pounds when he finally gets a haircut. His choice of tattoo was not wise. I think he is going to regret his decision. I also didn't care for Jay's cover up. It looks like he has a big black square on his arm. Not really fond of Rogers either. By and far Marks was the best choice.

Robin41
02-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Anybody else think that Jillian's little habit of setting the treadmill for 14 mph and then telling somebody to jump on from a standing start is just incredibly dangerous? It's one thing if you get on at 6 mph, get your feet and balance going, and then turn the speed up, but jumping on from the sides at that speed is a recipe for a face plant, broken nose and new teeth. I'm amazed every time she does that to a player.

ennay
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
OMG my DVR did not record last nights show...I am so PISSED

HoosierHeather
02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
And, is Brittney a beauty or what?!

She's so pretty! I thought she was pretty when they started, but man, she's downright hot now. :)

ennay
02-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Anybody else think that Jillian's little habit of setting the treadmill for 14 mph and then telling somebody to jump on from a standing start is just incredibly dangerous? It's one thing if you get on at 6 mph, get your feet and balance going, and then turn the speed up, but jumping on from the sides at that speed is a recipe for a face plant, broken nose and new teeth. I'm amazed every time she does that to a player.

very dangerous...both for falling and for your hamstrings..

ok read through all the comments. YAY mark is gone, what a jerk

There will never be a BL woman winner as long as they set it up the way they have. The closest a woman ever came, she would have had to be at an unhealthy weight to win - she just wasnt fat enough to begin with and had no extra body fat to lose at the end.

If the contest were set up as % of EXCESS fat, with women being set at about 10% higher allowable fat (as per what is healthy) then the playing field would be more level. But that is too complicated for prime time scale hounds.

I take it back...I think the bulk of the demographics is female viewers and eventually they will rig a way to get a female winner...either an all female competition, or rigging the challenges etc to favor women. Maybe rig the starting weights so that the women have a better shot. There was a rather large woman running an ultra last week...what if a bunch of fairly fit but very over weight women went up against a bunch of not too overweight but very flabby men...they could rig it.

As long as brit keeps on being endurance tough queen she is my favorite (gotta root for a chick even though she has no chance). Roger would probably be my second choice. Someone please kill Kelly and Dan

ennay
02-27-2008, 01:47 PM
OK...about this 14 mph thing...are they kidding? How long are they making them hold this? That is world class runner pace if they are holding it for more than about 1 minute. 4:16.8 minutes/mile.

Either they are doing 15 second intervals or they are lying or we have the fattest olympic athlete training team in history.

Shay
02-27-2008, 01:52 PM
I really don't think it is possible for there to be a woman biggest loser. They would have to practically get down to zero to compete with % of body fat lost. Now Britney may have a chance because she is the smallest woman right? but with a track record of small losses it may not help.

Dan is young. He will be cocky. He truly does need a haircut.

I guess I missed Kelly crying. I thought she made it through one episode. I almost forgot the show was coming on bc I was working on a paper for school. I guess by the time I turned it on she was done crying.

Percentages so far:
Men
Dan & Bernie--29%
Roger--26%
Jay--25%

Women
Kelly--22%
Maggie--21%
Britney--19%

At this rate Maggie and Britney would be in the bottom two next week. I think they would send Maggie home.

ggmugsy
02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree with Ginger (?name?) about the only way for a woman to be TBL is for all the finalists to be women.

Kelly bawling about "the pressure" . . . Good God, Woman!! The world does NOT revolve around you!!! The person on the black team under pressure to pull BIG NUMBERS is the only MAN on the team. Bernie saved their butts. He's getting small enough he won't be able to do that much longer.

I think they rig the challenge so whichever team has been losing the weigh ins has an unfair advantage. If the obstacle course had only 1 heavy lifting thing the black team would have had a chance. But flipping the huge tires AND moving a ton of sandbags?? Come on . . . Any moron could look at those two teams and see which one had an unfair advantage.

Mark HAD to go. He doesn't have the poundage to lose anymore. Bernie's getting there, too.

Brittany has been my fave since the pink team was eliminated. I love her. She's TOUGH. Kelly's a whiney-as&, spineless, bawl baby. Maggie just seems to be along for the ride.

FrouFrou
02-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Danny NEEDS a haircut and can't sing and I hope him or Roger go next. They are too cocky for their own good! and all that male bonding, the tattoo and the crying, jeez! So tired of all the crying already. Kelly and her crying self too! Although, I think she got thru one show finally without doing so. I think she was on the verge though after she weighed, ugh! REally tired of the whole blue team period.

Hoping the show gets a little better the next few episodes because last night was terrible...almost change the station.

Catsgetnhealthy
02-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Quote:

I'm not very nice either because I thought the same thing.

You're right, you're just as rude. Big pet peeve of mine is adults saying ugly things about little kids.

xGurlyGrlx
02-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Okay...I'm new to this section of the website and I'm SOO glad I found this. I have been following TBL for a few years now.

FrouFrou - :cp:THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one completely ANNOYED with Dan. He is WAY too cocky and he is driving me insane. He definitely needs a haircut - BAD! I wish he was kicked off last night...but oh well. Did anyone hear him say to Bob that he would take him to Puerto Rico if Allison backs out?!?! :lol3: I highly doubt she would be going with him. I actually like Roger.

Brittany or Britney? I don't know how she spells it...but she was my very fav. UNTIL she was totally nasty at the last voting towards Paul. I know he is a little different but I thought she was being very immature. So...my new fav. is Bernie. He is just the cutest, sweetest thing ever!! :hug: LOVE Bernie! :D

Anyone have a fav. trainer or do you like everyone? I have to say I am partial to Jillian. I love her. I wish she would kick my butt in the gym!

Hun.e.B
02-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I've gotta agree that isnt very nice at all. I dont understand attacking his family and children. What makes them icky? They all love and support each other and I found that little girl to be adorable. I love little ones in glasses.

sportmom
02-27-2008, 05:59 PM
She could be really cute. I didn't find her homely, but I did think that he better get working with her and the family's eating plan very soon or it will be too late to save her from an overweight teenage phase. She def looks on tv as if she falls into the childhood obesity category. It's one thing to do that to yourself, but to do it to your kids, no way. At least mine are healthy & active. They are my role models, actually. Hopefully they'll get things under control now that he's back, i know the wife said she's already trying.

dixied
02-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I wonder how long Mark had been home when they shot the update. He'd only lost another 6 pounds, which indicated to me that had he stayed on the BL ranch/campus, that he wouldn't have lost a massive amount. I just don't think he has that much weight left to lose. According to one height/weight calculator I found, he should ideally weight about 178. I think he'll be lower at the finale, because we know what they do to rid their bodies of any excess in the days prior to the live event. Just my 2 cents, but I think it was the best choice for the team.

I didn't mind the tatoos, but I wish they'd shown Bob's reaction. Or did they and I just missed it? I'd be interested in seeing Jackie's reaction too. So how did they keep the guys from calling home from the hotel?

Hun.e.B
02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh I wanted to see Bob's reaction to the tattoos too!

Ilene
02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh I wanted to see Bob's reaction to the tattoos too!What was Bob's reaction to the tattoos? I don't remember seeing it... Bob has a whack of tattoos himself, so I'd be surprised if he would think it was uncool...

Hun.e.B
02-27-2008, 10:21 PM
They didnt show his reaction, just the black teams. Which of course was eye rolling...although had it been their idea I'm sure it would have been cool.

Nori71
02-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah, there was a ton of eye rolling last night!

ksk571
02-28-2008, 10:24 AM
I wonder how long Mark had been home when they shot the update. He'd only lost another 6 pounds, which indicated to me that had he stayed on the BL ranch/campus, that he wouldn't have lost a massive amount. I just don't think he has that much weight left to lose. According to one height/weight calculator I found, he should ideally weight about 178. I think he'll be lower at the finale, because we know what they do to rid their bodies of any excess in the days prior to the live event. Just my 2 cents, but I think it was the best choice for the team.

I wondered the same thing, too. I also wondered if he took some time off from the intense exercising to let his leg heal and maybe that's why he hasn't taken much off since leaving the ranch. :?: I agree that he didn't have much left to lose and it was probably the right time for him to leave.

HoosierHeather
02-28-2008, 11:03 AM
PRIDE ON THREE! PRIDE ON THREE!

Will we be spared the rally call now that Mark is gone????

Jen415
02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
PRIDE ON THREE! PRIDE ON THREE!

Will we be spared the rally call now that Mark is gone????

Doubt it....Roger is the one that usually starts those huddle cheers....

My DVR freaked out right before the weigh-in/cryfest, so I missed all that boo-hooin' stuff. SO GLAD! LOL I do wish I had seen Mark's transformation at the end, though...

So is it looking like it will be every person for him/herself next week?

ggmugsy
02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Speaking of Roger . . . Do any of you check out the ivillage site with the exit interviews from eliminated players? Mark TRASHES Roger . . .

http://biggestloser.ivillage.com/diet/

Guess the "brotherly love" thing didn't last very long after he was eliminated.

Diva
02-28-2008, 03:10 PM

LIke I said before, I'd tell Jillian to KMA. I can see already on it and running and then slowly building up to that and then doing it for 60 seconds, but to just jump on from nowhere. I'd ask her if she was planning on paying my plastic surgery and dental bills? Otherwise she can bite me. When I do my walk/runs on the TM, I warm up slowly, then bump it up fatser for the walking and bump it up faster for the run and then back down and so on.... There's NO WAY I could do that. She's crazy. Don't y'all notice a lot of injuries on that show. I think they push them too hard, too fast. What's the point if you are going to end up hurt and can't exercise at all? Stupid if ya ask me.
I went from hating Jillian, to liking her, to loving her, to now slowly losing respect for her. It may be her annoying little laughter she does on these DVD's I have of her, lol! I was thinking I was going to be getting TBL Jillian in these workout's, instead I got some Stoner Jillian that can't stop laughing.

Hun.e.B
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Speaking of Roger . . . Do any of you check out the ivillage site with the exit interviews from eliminated players? Mark TRASHES Roger . . .

http://biggestloser.ivillage.com/diet/

Guess the "brotherly love" thing didn't last very long after he was eliminated.

Is there more to the interview than just those 10 questions because I didnt see trashing. All I saw was him saying that Roger had an "I'm better than you" complex (I can see that). And he felt he's been portrayed unfairly (I think thats generally the case) He also says that Roger would make it to the end, so he has confidence in him there.

LOL @ his goal to weigh less than Bob. Thats funny!

It seems to me those interviews happen before they are kicked off because several of them talk about themselves making it to the end.

dixied
02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
It may be her annoying little laughter she does on these DVD's I have of her, lol! I was thinking I was going to be getting TBL Jillian in these workout's, instead I got some Stoner Jillian that can't stop laughing.

Have you heard her podcasts? I swear I think she's on speed. She's practically talking over her callers and she's so hyper.

Purplefirefly
02-28-2008, 04:29 PM
It may be her annoying little laughter she does on these DVD's I have of her, lol! I was thinking I was going to be getting TBL Jillian in these workout's, instead I got some Stoner Jillian that can't stop laughing.

:rofl: I HATE that laugh, because it's constant and for no reason at all. She is too nice in the beginner videos...I am doing the regular boxed set ones now and she doesn't laugh but a couple times and she is more hard core, like you see her on the show. I like the boxed ones better because they are a half hour of solid exercise, straight through without the stopping. I thought I liked the circuits in the beginners, but then tried these and realized they are circuits but with no breaks, screen changes, etc. Continuous and she is a lot more hard core. I do have a lot of respect for her though because I have followed her advice from her book for my eating plan and her exercise programs and the shape of my body has changes...I am fitting smaller clothes than the last time I was at this weight because of the muscle and shape changes, so she does know her stuff if you do it regularly and stick to it...despite the annoying laugh! I haven't listened to the radio program in a long time mainly because I can't stand all the laughing.

Dea
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
She could be really cute. I didn't find her homely, but I did think that he better get working with her and the family's eating plan very soon or it will be too late to save her from an overweight teenage phase. She def looks on tv as if she falls into the childhood obesity category. It's one thing to do that to yourself, but to do it to your kids, no way. At least mine are healthy & active. They are my role models, actually. Hopefully they'll get things under control now that he's back, i know the wife said she's already trying.

I think Mark may get on top of that....remember when he went home for that short break?? Taking the donuts away from his son, and cooking for his family?? I think he sees the direction his family was going and will put a stop to it!!

I'm just glad that the black team might have a fighting chance at the weigh-ins now that they have one more team member than the blue team. They have all done an amazing job....also happy to see the men leave their shirts on last night!! My 7 year old asked if they make 'those things' for men that ladies wear (meaning bras), because those guys really need them!!

ggmugsy
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Is there more to the interview than just those 10 questions because I didnt see trashing. All I saw was him saying that Roger had an "I'm better than you" complex (I can see that).

Hey Hun.e.B . . . Yup . . . That's what I was referring to. When Mark was talking to Roger before he left campus he was all . . . "I love you, man. Take care of my brother." For him later to say Roger has an "I'm better than you" complex seemed like he'd lost all the "love." I wonder if this week Jay gets voted off and that's why Mark was so unfriendly with how he spoke about Roger. Time will tell . . .

Hun.e.B
03-01-2008, 03:45 PM
It doesnt seem to me like any love lost. They all seem to have I'm better than you complexes. He could have just been messing around. Besides the interview doesnt appear to have been done when Mark was kicked off. But, you could be right, maybe we have a big whammy for blue this week. I can see Mark being mad about that, and rightfully so.

vixjean
03-02-2008, 09:17 AM
I can't believe how much Mark was crying, I thought he was a strong guy. I don't know what was worse, the crying or the whine.

dixied
03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Arrgh! They are still crying over Mark leaving. And Bob's "he's moved on"...it's like Mark died or something.

sportmom
03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
it's :10 mins into the hour and we have our first product placement!! aaah, extra gum. but at least kelly hasn;t cried yet

Shay
03-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Dan is stupid! Roger made out! Dan is still stupid! He is stuck on the money!

dixied
03-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I can't believe Dan kept going. What an idiot. And how lucky is Jay?

Shay
03-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Okay based on Jay and Roger each getting 1 pound pass I think that will definitely keep them there. Dan is soooo young...The women are in trouble.

Shay
03-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Even though Maggie does get on my nerves hasn't she been consistently meeting her weight targets in the past few weeks? Like Jillian would say we each need to lose 6lbs and she would lose 7. Or Jillian says we each need to lose 8 lbs and she loses 8? She might be able to hang for a minute.

Shay
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Another stupid one--Kelly but we knew that! Okay dummy if you continue to eat the 1 pound pass will not help you.

gg--Of course Mark trashes Roger. He's an ***!

dixied
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Bernie cracks me up!

Shay
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I wonder what the twist is? Only one person below the yellow line and they automatically go home, no vote?

Shay
03-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Maybe its that they're going to individuals. Didn't she tell them that last week? I'm on here by myself. That's boring. I will check in later.

sportmom
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
yeah, it's too early for no teams isn't it?

sportmom
03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
wait! I'm here, did u leave?

sportmom
03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Woot! It is individuals!!

Shay
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Yes, yes, yes! I'm excited about individuals!

Shay
03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Okay that didn't look good. I'm tired of Kelly anyway! But who knows with these producers.

sportmom
03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
too bad britney did so well on the week she had immunity and the 1 lb'er. That great loss she had this week will make next week harder, if history repeats.

i know, my dd was just like - oh did you see that look on her face? and i said, don't worry about it, you can't believe anything they show you going to commercials.......lol

Diva
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Gawd I hope kelly goes home. I can abrely stand to look at her anymore.

And I hope Omarosa gets fired on celebrity apprentice, lol!

Diva
03-04-2008, 10:32 PM
BTW, MUST they repaet the last thing we saw after EVERY commercial? geeez!

Diva
When kelly speaks, All I hear is blah blah blah whine sniff, blah blah

sportmom
nope, can't believe the previews. that face wasn't even made in this sequence - they imported it in from somewhere else. sorry diva, not getting your wish tonite, unfor ;)

Diva
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I think Roger is turning into a very handsome man. http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/roni0467/Smiley/94.gif

sportmom
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
u may still get your wish diva!!

Diva
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
If she stays I may eat a whole bag of cookies! :D LOL! Just kidding! I don't have any in the houes, hehe, prolly a really good thing too. I saw some with Omega 3's in them the other day though.

Catsgetnhealthy
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I think Roger is turning into a very handsome man. http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/roni0467/Smiley/94.gif

I agree ;)

Shay
03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
If they are smart they need to send Bernie home. They can really ensure wiping out the blue team by sending Bernie home.

EDITED to say: Oops I meant the black team!

Diva
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
:tantrum::censored::bomb::no::snooty::soap:

Yellofly
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
BERNIE!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!

What a sucky week. I wish I'd missed this episode. Kelly sides with blue, of course. Like they won't kick her off the 1st chance they get. Ugh, I'm frustrated.

-Yello.

sportmom
03-04-2008, 11:17 PM
did anyone else think bernie looked chubbier, at least in the face, after he was back home? I notice they didn't mention in his write up how much he lost since being at home. awwww. We could also be getting to the point where he got home pretty close to when the update was filmed - there may not have been more than a few weeks turnaround time before they taped the segment for this airing. what do you all think?

NemesisClaws
03-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't get this...I turned on my television to watch Biggest Loser, but all they had on was this endless yaking about politics, and who was gonna win ALL NIGHT LONG. I didn't see Biggest Loser on any other channel!!!!!

Shay
03-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Sportmom--They said he had lost 108 lbs. I believe at the last weigh his total lost was 88lbs. So he lost 20lb since leaving.

Purplefirefly
03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't think individuals really matters. They still have that team mentality, especially the blue boys. I think there will still be that divide, at least for awhile. HOw much longer until everyone goes home to prepare for finale?

I kinda liked that Kelly stayed. She has the most weight to lose of the women and if she can kick her butt into gear maybe she can pull it off....maybe, but I still doubt it. Boys will get rid of her soon as they can, and some black team members may even join to get her out.

Yellofly
03-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Not sure there's even a chance... but wouldn't it be nice if the girls teamed up & pegged off the boys one by one? I'd love to see a female biggest loser.

-Yello.

HoosierHeather
03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
When did gum become a snack??? If a stick of gum is a 'snack' then my snacks are four-course meals! The product placement on this show is driving me crazy.

I think Bernie looked awesome in his after picture.

Have they had the makeover episode yet? I just can't wait for Kelly to ditch the blue eyeshadow and baby pink lipstick!

Ilene
03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Bernie looked sooo good in his after shots... and his mom :love: what a gorgeous woman... I didn't watch it all I only saw the ending...

Hun.e.B
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
My random comments while reading through.

I think Jay is so emotional because he really bonded with his brother. He was in it till the end with him so it really effected Jay to have to send him home. I think its nice to see that brotherly love, my dh hates his brother.

I like Maggie, she's the only one I like on Black. Maybe because she's not constantly crying, whining about blue or rolling her eyes. Shes just there to get the job done. On that note, why is it necessary to flash to Brittney everytime Blue weighs in?

Individuals matter now in only the weigh in, who is below the yellow line so instead of a whole team being up for elimination its just the 2 and they could be from either team. The voting will be team based.

I like that Kelly stayed too, yes she cries ALOT! but, she's got the potential to put up numbers to compete with the guys.

Product placement didnt bother me that much this time. Its when they do the oatmeal and the bags that is rediculous. The gum is their major sponsor so we are gonna see that every episode.

I cant believe noone commented on the Obesity Survivor!! That hit me like a ton of bricks! I'm gonna be an Obesity Survivor, and I just might have to change my goal shirt to that. I never thought of it like that before but its so true!

Hun.e.B
03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
OH!!! And what a snake Jillian is. Her smug smiling like that when her team was telling her who went home. I found that extremely unprofessional and made me start to not like her again. And yes if Bob did that I'd be mad too. Everyone was ripping on Bob for playing the game when picking teams, we saw right there Jillian only wants to win too.

chellez
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I didn't watch.... Idol had me won over last night! (PS for those watching... the aussie and the david guy = so cute!)

I'll have to watch TBL when I get home to my chicken noodle soup. I missed last week's episode too...

Someone refresh me.. who went home last week? ;) Thanks!

Hun.e.B
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Mark went home last week.

ggmugsy
03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I think I agree with everything everybody said. ;) Especially the repeating after every stinking commercial.

Roger is getting VERY handsome. His eyes are amazing.

I thought when Dan was going up on the step with that huge weight that it was an injury just waiting to happen. It would have been safer if he had some spotters to catch that weight if he didn't make it up onto the step. Just like last week when they showed Bernie jumping up onto the bench. It was unstable and he fell. I thank God every week I watch this show that I'm not their liability insurance agent!!

I think they keep cutting to Brittany just because she's so pretty. Kelly has very pretty eyes and beautiful skin, IMO.

Did anybody pay attention to Kelly's body language during the temptation? Her shoulders were all hunched over and she was looking down when she walked off. She looked like a woman with very low self esteem. I felt sorry for her.

I really loved Bernie. I'm going to miss him.

dixied
03-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Quick review of the stats, culled from BL website:

Weight loss by percentage:

Dan - 29%
Roger - 26%
Jay - 25%
Kelly - 22%
Maggie - 21%
Britany - 19%

If the guys are smart, they'll keep Brit and take out Maggie and Kelly. I doubt any of the remaining boys go home, but who knows, I never expected Bernie to go home last night.

Tomato
03-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I was happy (and surprised!) to see that Kelly stays for another week. Although I haven't seen the show from the beginning and some of the episodes I did watch I caught mid-way, I have always rooted for Kelly. I do like her, and somehow I think she and Paul did not have it easy, being ex-husband and wife. Even though they seemed to get on ok, I though it would be emotionally tougher for them than for anybody else.

Jen415
03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
I LOOOOOOOVED seeing Dr. Jeff from Season 2 again! Squeeeee!! He's put a few back on, but has kept off at least 80%.

Was not surprised that Blue all chose Bernie. Kelly lives to see another week, which I am glad for. I think she's matured a LOT since her ex left. I doubt she makes it another week, but.....

Brittney was not so b*tchy this week!

Dan is still a cocky little twerp!

Roger is looking REALLY handsome.....<blush>

vixjean
03-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Well that was a great episode, I am so lucky to have a piece of 4 calorie mint flavored.....
OMG are they serious?
I think they showed a whole 20 seconds of workouts on this episode. I love watching the workout parts!

vixjean
03-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Also, I think Jay might be crying more than Kelly now! LOL!

Shay
03-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Roger definitely is handsome. Love those eyes. There's a final four. I'm thinking the three guys are in. I'm hoping it will be Kelly or Maggie that is number 4. I'm really hoping Roger can pull this out and be the biggest loser.

scorpio88
03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't like the guys, they seem too cocky (Dan especially) for my liking. :( I LOVE Brittany, I hope she makes it to the end!

LeighHop
03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey All -

I'm a lurker here, but just saw a new commercial for Tuesday's episode and had to post. They show all of the team members who have been voted off back on campus. I believe it said 2 of them were going to get the chance to get back in the game. I guess it's the same sort of deal they did with the 50 state folks that season.

sportmom
03-08-2008, 12:09 AM
WOW!!!! Yea, BetteSue will be back!

kissingginger
03-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah, on my mythweb (like tivo) description of the next episode is:

All fourteen of the eliminated contestants return to surprise the six remaining contestants; at the weigh-in, the man and woman who have lost the most weight on their own get to return to the game.

Cheers,
Ginger

dixied
03-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah, on my mythweb (like tivo) description of the next episode is:

All fourteen of the eliminated contestants return to surprise the six remaining contestants; at the weigh-in, the man and woman who have lost the most weight on their own get to return to the game.

Cheers,
Ginger

Lost the most on their own...I'm going to say Mark won't be back, or Bernie. OMG I hope we don't end up with Neil back!

Shay
03-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Taking a break from writing my paper. I am so happy that Ali is back. With her back a woman should be in the final four. I hate that Mark is back. I really would love it if Roger became the biggest loser. All the women on the black team are a crying mess. Brittany is truly a mess because she knows she will be in the bottom two.

onthetee
03-11-2008, 10:36 PM
The "pride on three" was cute at first, but now it is just cocky manly crap.

Oh crap.......Jillian is going to kill Alison. I am in for that smack down!

Shay
03-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I think Maggie can do this because she normally does well but she has said she thinks she has been overdoing with food.

Shay
03-11-2008, 10:57 PM
She didn't lose any!!! Overeating did it! I think Maggie will go home because Brittany is not a threat.

Shay
03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I hate that because that could take her all the way to the final. So not fair to me!

onthetee
03-11-2008, 11:00 PM
And I would like to note that this is the week that the women switched from jog bras to tank tops.

Shay
03-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Are you kidding? I thought something was off about the time. Like I said they are sending Maggie home based on the previews. There going to say something like--"Blah, blah, blah about Brittany being a great competitor."

sportmom
03-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Really? I thought Brittany has pulled the better numbers. Hmm. Of course, I didn't do any research around this, was just going from her and Bernie being the awesome twosome. I thought Maggie was kind of hot & cold - like tonite. Yes, she could have a big loss next week, or she could keep eating and actually gain if she doesn't get straightened out. I can't believe they postponed the results, how weird was that. For "the most shocking elimination ever." Oh please - how shocking can it be? It's one of the 2. What am I missing?

missingmyerica
03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
OMG...how uncomfortable was it to watch the interaction between Jillian and Allison? Yikes. Allison looked really pissed and it looked like she was trying hard to hold it together. I wonder what got edited out? :dizzy:

Ali looks awesome and her Mom is so proud. Cute.:hug:

The dynamics in Neil and whatever his wife's name is (the white team) marriage is just too weird for me. I feel like her whole life is consumed with making excuses for his behavior. Sad.:(

Mark looks amazing...he is super cocky....but he has worked his *** off and it shows.:tread:

You can really see how much weight maggie has lost when you compare her to her former partner. What a difference.

Kelly reminds me of eeyore from "winnie the pooh", she is always so gloomy. :(

All in all, it wasn't one of my favorite episodes. I like Brittney but I would like maggie to stick around a little longer to lose the weight. She still has emotional eating issues. Brittney is going to do this no matter where she is...you can just see how much she wants it. :carrot:

kissingginger
03-12-2008, 02:10 AM
my computer/ tivo crashed - which two are below the yellow line?

Thanks!
Ginger

NemesisClaws
03-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Ok...here are my 2 cents about the show tonight..;)

The white team: it was so obvious that Neil didn't really put much effort into losing weight...only 55 pounds since they've been home, with some it due directly to the ranch? Kinda pitiful....and is it just me, or did his wife looked like she rather be anywhere than in that room while he was on the scale?
The Pink Lady....(forgot her name)....I don't think she realizes yet just what she walked into, but I do think it was smart of her to keep her pink clothes instead of switching to black, since it's more than obvious that the guys are creaming the girls in this competition.
Trainer Jillian....her attitude was totally inappropiate this week. For goodness sake, she devoted most if not all of her time to the Pink Lady during workouts, to the points that the other women were a bit miffed about it. Then her outburst during the weigh-in made me want to slap her! Cursing on television, trying to say Brittney had a bad week....in my opinion, most of these women need to knock it off with the whining and crying and get to work! :mad:
If I had been the host, Allison, I would've promptly told Jillian that her outburst was inappropiate, and ask her to leave. These women with the exception of the Pink Lady act like they have the world on their shoulders, when it's just a weigh loss competition..it ain't the end of the world here....If the Pink Lady could pull off a respectable number for the week, like Allison noted, then the other women had no excuse for 2, or ZERO pounds lost....

NemesisClaws
03-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Maggie and Brittney are below the yellow line...Maggie didn't lose any weight, and Brittney only lost 2 pounds.

rockstar87
03-12-2008, 02:23 AM
The "pride on three" was cute at first, but now it is just cocky manly crap.

Oh crap.......Jillian is going to kill Alison. I am in for that smack down!

Hahahaha. I agree with both sentiments. I think someone should invent a drinking game - take a shot every time one of the blue team members says "pride" or flashes their tattoo.

As for Jillian and Alison, I actually thought someone was going to burn a hole through the other they way they were glaring at each other...too much dramaaaaaa.

Diva
03-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't know what to think about Jillian. I don't know if I should admire that she was standing up for a member of her team, or if I should dislike her for being a sore loser. I do think she was rude to Allison. I mean, the girl is just doing her job. Jillian pretty much ignored the rest of her team when Allie was back in the GYM. I thought that was rude too. It was like "Yay, my start pupil is back, screw the rest of you".

What I don't get is this. They aren't "teams" anymore, so why doesn't Bob and Jill go back to training ALL of them as a team. It was seem less biased (sp) to me.

I'm glad allie kept the pink tee-shirt. They are singles again, NOT teams, so what difference does it make? Also, why did they Black "team" people get so offended by Allie eating with the guys? So what? Is it High school and they can only sit with their group? And Jillian going over to her and making hurl noises while she's trying to eat breakfast. OMG! I'm sorry, Jillian was just RUDE RUDE RUDE this entire episode, and I think I've decided during this post that I have lost respect for her.

onthetee
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Mark looks amazing...he is super cocky....but he has worked his *** off and it shows.:tread:

I still want him to be struck by a meteor.

If I had been the host, Allison, I would've promptly told Jillian that her outburst was inappropiate, and ask her to leave. These women with the exception of the Pink Lady act like they have the world on their shoulders, when it's just a weigh loss competition

Allison tries to badger people into drama. I think that is her job....get people to cry, bring up the uncomfortable, build the expectation. I was glad Jillian told her to just shut her pie hole. It is irritating.

As for J training only Ali, I think that was probably just her first day. She was trying to gauge where she was and was getting her back in the groove. I don't think it was the right thing to do, and I do think it alienated her team. She should have said up front, "I am going to be with Ali today, here is why. Let me know if you need me."

Purplefirefly
03-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I think Jillian spending so much time with Alli was editing, more than likely. There are lots of shows where trainers are shown working one-on-one with a contestant while the others do something like treadmills...and of course they are all going to get that time while there. I think Jillian probably took one long session with her and they edited it to look unfair...and the others were probably staring at her like that because she is back, she is looking amazing and obviously focused, and she has a tighter bond with the boys than with them, so they SHOULD be scared. But they need to put their jaws back in place and work on busting their own butts, not staring and crying and worrying. And definitely not letting it make them eat....what are they thinking :?:

Dan may have the swing vote this week...but Ali is the swing vote here on out. I think she'll side with the boys because she had bonds with them before leaving...it's kinda like both sides got a body back to workout with, but the boys got two more teammates the way I see it. The boys will want to keep her around because she's no threat to them, and could pull decent numbers to put some other girls below the line. I don't see her holding herself over the line every week, but I do see the boys voting to keep her in longer.

I think Jillian was very annoying and over the top when she was doing all the throw up stuff while Ali ate, ick! At the WI though i think she was trying to help Brit out, they are emotionally connected and she didn't want her questioned. PLUS, you know BL likes to find a weakness and pick it apart until the person breaks down, good TV ya know...and Jillian didn't want to let that happen. She coudln't yell at whoever wrote Allison's line so Allison got it...maybe she was right, maybe wrong, but I didnt' like her much in this show either. I do respect her as a trainer though...her training does get the results.

I still think Kelly has potential to pull this out to the end and maybe even win if she would just BELIEVE in herself and realize that she has a lot to lose still and could do this! She needs to stop moping and really push hard...or lay low to the end and push hard for big numbers to beat the boys in end...but that's a gamble really. I don't particularly like her, but I have hopes for her and would love to see her in the end.

BrokenButterfly
03-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Man I want Brittany to go. I find her really annoying..and Sorry Jillian, but when you defended Brittany and her whining you gave in to her loser mentality. Jillian has never been a favourite of mine, and I like her even less now, since last night.

Hun.e.B
03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Ok...here are my 2 cents about the show tonight..;)

The white team: it was so obvious that Neil didn't really put much effort into losing weight...only 55 pounds since they've been home, with some it due directly to the ranch? Kinda pitiful....and is it just me, or did his wife looked like she rather be anywhere than in that room while he was on the scale?
Trainer Jillian....her attitude was totally inappropiate this week. For goodness sake, she devoted most if not all of her time to the Pink Lady during workouts, to the points that the other women were a bit miffed about it. Then her outburst during the weigh-in made me want to slap her! Cursing on television, trying to say Brittney had a bad week....in my opinion, most of these women need to knock it off with the whining and crying and get to work! :mad:
If I had been the host, Allison, I would've promptly told Jillian that her outburst was inappropiate, and ask her to leave. These women with the exception of the Pink Lady act like they have the world on their shoulders, when it's just a weigh loss competition..it ain't the end of the world here....If the Pink Lady could pull off a respectable number for the week, like Allison noted, then the other women had no excuse for 2, or ZERO pounds lost....

55 lbs is actually alot for only 10 weeks. Plus he had to do it at home, we all know how lazy he can be so I'd say that was pretty good, even if his wife did smoke him! LOL!

and AMEN on Jillian and the black team! If you ask me all she did was make Britney more of the poor me victim. These women need to stop the whining and suck it up and make the most of what they have! Ali proved what can be done and she did it herself! All Jillian's eye rolling and profanity was totally inappropriate. I'm so glad that Allison made her final comment about how a woman won the weigh in...and the smallest woman at that!!

Dea
03-12-2008, 11:06 AM
I used to get tired of listening to Kelly complain and whine about being the next to go.....her attitude has finally rub off on the other two girls. I hope for Brittany's sake, her down week stays at just a week, and that she has another chance to do better. She needs her fighting spirit back...without Bernie!
I have mixed feelings about Jillians rant at Allison. I personally can't stand Allison, but I don't think she deserved to get balled out for comments that were probably scripted anyway. She looked really mad at Jill. Then, she really put Bob on the spot, by looking for a response. I have to say that Bob told a little white lie! There is no way he really believes that everyone there has a fair chance of coming out on top. If he really did believe that, he wouldn't have picked all the big boys for his team to begin with! I think he wants everyone to do their very best, but knows that one of his guys will probably win.
I agree with everyone else....too many repeated scenes after commercials...plus terrible editing.
So...when do we find out who gets voted off.....or did I miss something??

sportmom
03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
There was just waay to much F-wording going on last nite, in the altercation with Allison and even in the girl's bedroom when she was berating them. If I were on the show I would have to say, you know what, you don't need to talk to me like that. CLean up your language when you talk to me. Since when did f*** become America's favorite adjective? It's disgusting is what it is. And it's not like by bleeping it out we can't all tell what she's saying. It's offensive. Especially since it's on a 8:00 which is still technically family viewing time and many of us have young ones watching during the first hour. Blech. I'm ready to burn her books. A speech full of F's just means it comes from a mind lacking creative thought.

Hun.e.B
03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
A speech full of F's just means it comes from a mind lacking creative thought.

AMEN!! I have always looked at that word as a sign of ignorance, you really cant come up with anything more intelligent to say than the F bomb? Now I'm not saying I've not thrown them myself in anger before because I have. But I hate when I do!

RobertW
03-12-2008, 11:56 AM
. I hate that Mark is back.

It is pretty much a waste bringing him back, because i think he is already too close to his goal weight to win it. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes fourth or fifth.

RealCdn
03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
I've never really decided if I like or hate the show. I don't usually watch it, although I sometimes put in on before I go to sleep (with time shifting, it's on at 11pm-1am). I think it's skewed how society views weight loss. When weight loss of 5 pounds a week is considered a bad week - there's something wrong. I do think it's wonderful that some people find the show inspiring, but I wonder in the end if it does more harm than good.

How does the average person who couldn't afford 6 hours a day of personal training expect to compare their progress. I've fallen victim to it myself at times, being disappointed with no loss, or even a slight gain. And perhaps I've missed it, but not once have I heard a comment about women's cycles affecting their weigh in. I'm almost always gaining a few pounds before and then losing it after it finishes. On the show it makes for good tv (I suppose).

I do agree though, the women will have a tougher time winning. I'm not sure I've kept up, but have they ever had a woman win? I suppose I'd like to see a female/male winner system, where the best of each wins. Of course, let's face it, the show isn't really about weight loss. It's about entertainment. :)

As for likes/dislikes - Kelly and her crying would probably drive me nuts if I watched more. I'd probably be routing for Roger, although with the two brothers back together they might be hard to beat unless one of them goes home. Do they continue voting off until the end, or does it change at some point and only become about how much weight was lost?

Robin41
03-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I was pretty shocked during Jillian's little tirade. Language was completely out of hand; it's TV people, try not to look like trash. But what really bothered me was Jillian saying that Brittany has no chance to win and knew it. What??? Personally the minute my trainer tells me I can't win is the moment I get myself a new trainer.

Yes, it's harder for women. But everybody knew that when they watched the previous seasons of TBL and still decided they wanted to beat out 100,000 other people to be on it. What's the whining and moaning about it now? If that's your attitude then just go home. Lots of people still working hard and losing weight. When push came to shove last night, Brittany and Maggie only had to lose like 2-3 pounds to be safe and couldn't do it. It's not like they needed to pull 10-12 pounds. If they hadn't spent their week bemoaning their fate and eating too much, they'd have been fine. It was their own actions that got them below the line, not the unfairness of the game.

Could somebody please make Mark just go away? He makes me want to put a fork in my eye.

ggmugsy
03-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I pretty much agree with everything said so far.

If there are no teams, why are the trainers still divided? Seems like the teams are alive and kicking . . . except for Ali, who was my favorite at the beginning, sticking with her pink t-shirt!!

I think the show took a serious dive in the bedroom. Jillian's job was to convince the black team that they CAN do it. Jillian was the one that could have convinced those girls that losing 3 - 4 pounds a week can still get them a win because it's based on PERCENTAGES, not total pounds lost. The smaller you are, the less you need to lose to still win.

Jillian had a perfect opportunity to pump those girls up and get them back on track and she didn't get the job done. She sat there whining with them like a defeated little twirp. Shame on her for not motivating her team, for using the F word as many times as she did, and for letting the boys know how freaked out all the black team members are.

I'd like to throw rotten tomatoes at Jillian!!!

rockstar87
03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I think the editing definitely made it look like Jillian was spending more time on Allie than on everyone else. I highly doubt she would devote the entire 6hrs they were in the gym that day to training one person. She probably just wanted to see how fit Allie was in comparison to the rest of the team.

The outburst...eh. The swearing didn't bother me but it seemed unnecessary and diluted the point she was trying to make. I mean, personally I have days when I'm lose it and can swear like a trucker - I'm just not on national TV. I think what Jillian said was right though. Brittany can't win, Maggie can't win, Allie can't win...it's not being negative they just don't have the same % of weight to lose as a 400lb guy. AND even if they did women's metabolisms are slower so it pretty much impossible for a woman to lose 50% of her body weight in the same time a guy would. It bothered me that Alison Sweeney accused Brittany of giving up (I don't even like Brittany). I think that's what set Jillian off. Yes, the black team is whiny and need to stop focusing so much on not being able to compete with the boys but it's true that unless the guys do horribly at home the chance of one of those girls winning is slim-nil.

I also didn't like when Alison Sweeney asked Bob the same question like "okay well, Jillian's going to scream at me so I'm going to ask you now because you'll give me the exact opposite answer and be nice about it". Obviously Bob (I love him too) won't admit that his guys pretty much have it in the bag. Some women (ie: Isabeau from S4) might have been able to win because they had so much weight to lose but the girls who are left (with the exception of Kelly) just don't. I thought asking Bob that just made the situation worse...as did her little comment at the end about Ali winning the weigh-in. Obviously she was going to drop a big number after going from training herself to working out six hours a day and getting trained by Jillian - and she's so small to begin with that her percentage would understandably be very high. One weigh-in won by a woman does not mean anything...

*Sigh* Too much drama. I wish everyone could just stay at the ranch and lose weight and then weigh-in for the finale to see who wins.

carolineintx
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I was also really irritated with the women this week...yes, its easier for the men to lose weight..but get over it. You're not going to win by moping around whining about it, give it your all and show some pride for your achievements. I haven't really been rooting for anyone in particular, but after that show I'd be more inclined to see one of the guys or Ali win the thing, at least they're focusing on getting the weight off instead of whining about how hard the contest is.

I really don't like the host, (she has no personality. Why did they ever get rid of Caroline Rhea? I missed a few seasons) but I thought it was messed up for Jillian to go off on her like that.

I think they're going to get rid of Maggie next week. I was hoping she'd hit her stride at some point and get some confidence, but I think this is the end of the road for her. I don't get why they put off the elimination this week either. Would have been more interesting than the good 45 minutes they allocated for just having the kicked off people weigh in.

Shay
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't know why I continue to complain about this train wreck. I should just watch American Idol. I generally flip back and forth between the 2.

Mark coming back is a total waste because he stated he was 3 lbs from goal.

The black team-- what a mess. They are turning into a team full of Kelly's. Ali has completely taken their head out the game and that will get them sent home. Bernie is gone get over it. Maggie has gone from losing 6-8lbs a week to zero. I realize they may not become the biggest loser because of circumstance but you have an opportunity that most don't get. Stop whining and crying and do it!

ShyCammie
03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Really I do!

Ladies, never forget, they are in the business of "getting ratings" which requires them to have an entire staff of people who think up ways to "create the train wrecks." (Same goes for most shows that are on, although I'm not certain how Dancing with the Stars creates twists of any sort.)

Having had the misfortune of working behind the scenes in the business, I will tell you that "stress sells."
The more drama or stress created on the set (real, contrived, or simply the appearance of it because all you see is the stressful portion of an otherwise stressfree day) the better. TV is TV.

I have to ask...How many women will excel in weightloss in a high stress environment? I KNOW I don't! Therefore, is the contest fair? I don't know.
But it is TV.
And for all the stupid stuff they do on the show, I have to say it is still one show I'm willing to follow (I flip it on if I'm home at the time that it's showing), because it addresses people fighting to regain a better life. Physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually, I find that premise filled with intrigue.

I don't know about you, but I live with a significant amount of stress in my life. It's more now than it was 3 months ago, or will be 10 months from now. This week has its challenges and the fact that I'm not finding comfort in the refrigerator is not something I would have recognized as a NSV unless I'd been listening to the tube last night as I was working around the house.

What's the point? Yeah, there's plenty of unnecessary balony that goes on on TBL. It's a TV show.
But, for me, I find some positives in it beyond mindless entertainment. I found that I'm doing good this week even though it's very stressful.
So, please, as with all things (including my post) take things for what they're worth...
You and your health are worth the world to the people who love you.

Just my thoughts.

Ilene
03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Could somebody please make Mark just go away? He makes me want to put a fork in my eye.:lol3: Hilarious!! I only watched the last 25 minutes of the show and I was shocked when I saw Mark there...

With all the whining I saw in only the last 25 minutes I sure was glad that a "girl" won the weigh in :D.... :p poo on the wussy women and men ....

Robin41
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM
IT'S A TV SHOW??? You mean there aren't actually tiny little fat people in that big expensive box in my house?

Now I'm going to have to figure out why I've got so much Extra gum laying around the house.

HoosierHeather
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
IT'S A TV SHOW??? You mean there aren't actually tiny little fat people in that big expensive box in my house?

Now I'm going to have to figure out why I've got so much Extra gum laying around the house.

:lol: Oh my gosh I am cracking up!!! :) Great.

Um... okay, please don't yell at me, but will someone tell me how the show ended last night? My five year old was vomiting and so I only got to see the show in bits & pieces, and the last few minutes I saw were on mute with closed captioning. Was there not an elimination? I felt like it was time for elimination and then, Law & Order was on! What happened? I'm so sorry to come in after the fact and ask, but I really could not watch it! (and we don't have Tivo or DVR). TIA

GirlyGirlSebas
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Nope, Heather. No elimination. They are going to extend that...not only through yet another commercial break, but all the way until next Tuesday's episode! Now, was that really necessary?

I was hoping the guy from the Brown team was coming back. Mark irritates the "double sticks" out of me!

Personally, I don't mind the pride on 4 thing. Of course, I've often been told that I have the competitive mentality and team thinking that is typically reserved for guys.:D I'm not a typical woman. I think the girls could benefit from a little more of the pride. What's up with all of this namby pamby whining and crying stuff? Jeeze! Never let them see you cry, especially on national TV! And, you need Bernie to keep you going? Are they that weak that they have to depend solely on another person to keep all of them going?
IMO, this competition is not based upon the girls not having enough weight to lose or not losing as fast as men. This competition is all about who is mentally strong enough to put up a good fight. I hate to say that the girls just aren't that strong. If I were Allie, I'd join the men, too.

I don't like Jillian's language, but I'd still love to have her training me. This lady gets results that I'd like to share.

krjpy
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Nope, they left us hangin'

Elimination next week first thing. I think if the boys are smart, even though Maggie's had such a bad week this time, I still think the Brit will continue to throw low numbers. If they are playing the game, they should get someone who was consistently putting up deceit numbers gone while they have the chance. Britney has proven that even a good number for her is going to put her below the yellow line (last week when she pulled a good lose, if she hadn't had the immunity that Bernie gave her she would have gone to elimination).

trying2Bbuff
03-12-2008, 05:20 PM
They basically did a to be continued without saying so. Pissed me off to not be able to see who went home!

IMHO, I think that so much of this season has been overblown drama. I am getting really annoyed with all of the whining and crying everyone has been doing this time. I know I can't begin to understand what they are dealing with; being in the house with people they can't stand, working out 6 hours a day; cameras in their faces all the time. But I can't figure out why the **** they are not focusing on the rest of their lives instead of the next 3-4 weeks and all the game play? I would think that the whole "I can't possibly win the show" thing would have been completely shut down by the trainers who need to keep these people going even when they get home. the motivation needs to come from changing their lives, which to me is far more important that $250,000.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now! :soap:

Jayjay55
03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
LOL I wandered in here to see exactly what I hoped to see -- Mark bashing. There is something about him - the way he acted the season -- his attitude towards his family especially his brother that just makes me cringe. TBL was so much better without him. Thanks for backing up my feelings.

J

dixied
03-12-2008, 06:56 PM
LOL I wandered in here to see exactly what I hoped to see -- Mark bashing. There is something about him - the way he acted the season -- his attitude towards his family especially his brother that just makes me cringe. TBL was so much better without him. Thanks for backing up my feelings.

J

Mark bashing? I'd like to see Jillian use Mark as a pinata.

Ilene
03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
On Jilliane's site: Tune in to watch the intense elimination — and to see the remaining players get a confidence boost with makeovers by style guru Tim Gunn.so FINALLY they get a makeover :faint:

dixied
03-12-2008, 07:07 PM
On Jilliane's site: so FINALLY they get a makeover :faint:

If someone doesn't cut Dan's hair I swear you'll hear me scream all the way from Florida! (I LOVED Jackie's reaction to that tatoo...lol)

Not sure what they could do to Ali or Brit to improve them, they're both so pretty already. Although Ali needs to lay off the Crest Whitestrips for awhile. Geez her teeth are WHITE!

rockstar87
03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I so badly wanted Curtis or Bernie to beat Mark...SO badly. Call the black team whiny if you will but when Mark left the ranch it was like somebody DIED. Good lord, I don't think I've ever seen grown men cry so much in my life. I realize it's an "emotional journey" but seriously? Jay's like what? 30? 40? I'm pretty sure he'll manage without his big brother for a few weeks. I dunno how someone goes from so arrogant and cocky to a freaking sob-fest in the span of 10 minutes.

The other problem I see with bringing back the contestants who have lost the most weight is that they probably don't have that they barely have any weight left to lose. Ali looks fantastic and so does mark. They could probably each stand to drop maybe another 15 or 20lbs...maybe a little more for the finale...and look unbelievable but I don't think numbers like that would really give them a shot at the money... I wonder if there would've been a more fair way to do it to actually give one of the returning players a shot...

dixied
03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Me being a numbers dork again, I wish I could remember their weights from last night.

Mark - 33% (5'-10")
Dan - 33% (5'-8")
Ali - 32% (5-5")
Roger: 31% (6'-3")
Jay - 29% (6'-1")
Kelly - 25% (5'-6")
Maggie - 23% (5'-3")
Brit - 22% (5'-7")

My observations on the potential outcome: Mark, Dan, Jay and Ali don't have enough left to lose to be the threats that Roger is. Mark is already within spitting distance of his goal, although he'll go lower than what's healthy for the finale. Dan is under 200 too, right? He could lose maybe 50 more at his height? Ali could lose about the same. Jay is right about 210, I think? So at 6'-1" how much could he lose and not end up a stick? My brother is 6'-1" and if he goes lower than 175 he looks like a skeleton. Kelly might have a chance, but without the attitude I doubt she makes it on her own. Maggie and Brit aren't worth mentioning at this point. To their credit, I think the majority of their problems have to do with being young. Hopefully they can eventually use this as a tool to grow with emotionally.

Diva
03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
I've never really decided if I like or hate the show. I don't usually watch it, although I sometimes put in on before I go to sleep (with time shifting, it's on at 11pm-1am). I think it's skewed how society views weight loss. When weight loss of 5 pounds a week is considered a bad week - there's something wrong. I do think it's wonderful that some people find the show inspiring, but I wonder in the end if it does more harm than good.

How does the average person who couldn't afford 6 hours a day of personal training expect to compare their progress. I've fallen victim to it myself at times, being disappointed with no loss, or even a slight gain. And perhaps I've missed it, but not once have I heard a comment about women's cycles affecting their weigh in. I'm almost always gaining a few pounds before and then losing it after it finishes. On the show it makes for good tv (I suppose).

I do agree though, the women will have a tougher time winning. I'm not sure I've kept up, but have they ever had a woman win? I suppose I'd like to see a female/male winner system, where the best of each wins. Of course, let's face it, the show isn't really about weight loss. It's about entertainment. :)

Amen sista!!!!

SoulBliss
03-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks for being a "numbers dork", it puts things in perspective for us "numerically challenged". ;)

Purplefirefly
03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
dixie, I think you are right about them being young. They don't seem able to handle pressure that is in this house, and I had not thought about their age maybe being part of why. They have this defeatist attitude, like they cant' win the game so why go on trying. That annoys the heck out of me...I want to go in there and make them realize what an amazing chance this is to improve their lives, that they should focus on that not the money. OR get sent home and really whip into shape and try to win the at home money, that they might have a shot at, maybe.

Rhonda, I agree with most of what you said. I know weight loss is emotional, but they aren't crying over personal issues surfacing...they are crying over stupid stuff because they are weak minded, very much agree with you! I do think though that it is impossible for the girls to actually win here unless Kelly realizes her chance and really steps up to try. They just don't have the weight or metabolism to throw the numbers the boys are getting, simple as that. It is a mental toughness thing, but when it comes to who is going to win it is just a numbers/weight issue that gives them no chance. They could be the strongest emotionally ever, tough as nails confident, and it's not going to get them to the money, imo. I do think they are selling themselves short though by being so weak and stuck in the "I can't do this waa waa waa" attitude.

Tomato
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
What's up with all of this namby pamby whining and crying stuff? Jeeze! Never let them see you cry, especially on national TV! And, you need Bernie to keep you going? Are they that weak that they have to depend solely on another person to keep all of them going?

GirlyGirl,
I cannot agree more. I am glad to see that I am not alone in my thinking. I could not understand why Brittany kept whining so much. Sure, it was nicer when Bernie was around, they were buddies, but heck, she is there to lose the weight for herself, not for Bernie.
I was quite annoyed when Jillian started to defend Brittany at the weigh-in. What the heck? It was as if she cared only about Brittany and the rest of her team was totally unimportant. I did not like it one bit.

Personally, I was hoping Dan would be eliminated. I am not a big fan of his - maybe if he got a haircut, I would change my mind ..... a bit. :p

Tomato
03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Dan is under 200 too, right? He could lose maybe 50 more at his height? Ali could lose about the same.

You think Ali could stand to lose another 50?!? That's seems like a lot to me; I thought she looked pretty good already. I forgot what her weight was but she seems quite tall. JMHO

RealCdn
03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Rhonda - I'm with you, I think I'd rather be with the guys. Although I probably need a trainer like Jillian. I'll have to remember this if/when I get to the point where I can afford one. :)

Hun.e.B
03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Not sure who originally said that Ali needs to lose weight, but I think she looks FANTASTIC! I'd take her body any day of the week. And she's really struggled with her weight and body image, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe this is where body issues stem from. Everyone so overly critical. Where on earth would 50 lbs come from her?

zinkemomx2
03-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Ali is at 160 right now.

I am so mad. I have the VCR programed to tape weekly. I completely forgot about the time change affecting it and I didn't notice until 8:25 that the VCR wasn't recording. I missed how all the girls did. Anyone wanna recap for me?

Hun.e.B
03-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Ali is at 160 right now.

I am so mad. I have the VCR programed to tape weekly. I completely forgot about the time change affecting it and I didn't notice until 8:25 that the VCR wasn't recording. I missed how all the girls did. Anyone wanna recap for me?

OOOHHH! LOL! That Ali, I was thinking Allison when I read that. But Pink Ali definitely doesnt need to lose 50 lbs either!

vixjean
03-13-2008, 12:23 AM
As for the girls crying, yes---that is annoying. Kelly needs to step her game up, Brit is the Jullian's favorite and she totally babys her. But seriously, has Mark not cried more than all the chicks it the last few episodes?

sportmom
03-13-2008, 12:36 PM
You guys just wait, all you Dan-hair haters!! He is going to be the new Matt (season 2 reference of when Suzie cuts Matt's hair for all you newcomers) after the haircut. The best thing about next week will be hearing the comments that come out of Tim Gunn's mouth. I wonder if he is going to put his hand to his chin, look at those girls sideways, and say "Really? Do you ladies ever STOP crying???" lol

sportmom
03-13-2008, 12:40 PM
In real life, do you think they are all back at home now and ranch time is over? I think they probably are. When does the final air?

And when does the new season start airing? They are casting couples again, but who knows if its for the next season 6, or if they are currently filming 6 as we speak and casting 7. Since the writer's strike they are all on warp speed with production.

dixied
03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
You think Ali could stand to lose another 50?!? That's seems like a lot to me; I thought she looked pretty good already. I forgot what her weight was but she seems quite tall. JMHO

She's 5'5" and I think 162(?). I'm not saying she should, only that it would be possible. I'm 5'-4" and have weighed as little as 106 as an adult (years and years ago). My personal opinion is that she looks great now, I'd just work on adding muscle to finish firming up and let the weight loss fall where it may. But money is a big motivator, so she'll probably keep focused on the pounds lost. Plus we all know that they dehyrdrate themselves and live in a sauna for days before the finale, so she could possibly lose as much as 50 pounds more by the finale. KWIM?

Purplefirefly
03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
The best thing about next week will be hearing the comments that come out of Tim Gunn's mouth. I wonder if he is going to put his hand to his chin, look at those girls sideways, and say "Really? Do you ladies ever STOP crying???" lol

:rofl: I can SO hear him saying that!

dixied
03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Not sure who originally said that Ali needs to lose weight, but I think she looks FANTASTIC! I'd take her body any day of the week. And she's really struggled with her weight and body image, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe this is where body issues stem from. Everyone so overly critical. Where on earth would 50 lbs come from her?

Nope. I don't think she should, but I think she could, and probably will lose at least 30 more. I was just saying it was physically possible.

dixied
03-13-2008, 01:29 PM
You guys just wait, all you Dan-hair haters!! He is going to be the new Matt (season 2 reference of when Suzie cuts Matt's hair for all you newcomers) after the haircut. The best thing about next week will be hearing the comments that come out of Tim Gunn's mouth. I wonder if he is going to put his hand to his chin, look at those girls sideways, and say "Really? Do you ladies ever STOP crying???" lol

There's potential there. That's what were basically saying. Dude, your hair sucks. If you cut it you'll be so much better looking. Maybe he let it grow to make the makeover more dramatic?

Jen415
03-13-2008, 01:38 PM
You can cut Dan's hair, but you can't change his superior attitude! He is SOOOOO cocky!

Jayjay55
03-13-2008, 01:58 PM
You mean none of you ladies will miss watching Dan oh so carefully pull his "locks" away from his face when he goes for weigh in??? :rofl:
Looking forward to next week - the makeovers should be great - I hope they put highlights in Mark's hair -- wouldn't that just "frost" him!!!!

Hun.e.B
03-13-2008, 05:21 PM
She's 5'5" and I think 162(?). I'm not saying she should, only that it would be possible. I'm 5'-4" and have weighed as little as 106 as an adult (years and years ago). My personal opinion is that she looks great now, I'd just work on adding muscle to finish firming up and let the weight loss fall where it may. But money is a big motivator, so she'll probably keep focused on the pounds lost. Plus we all know that they dehyrdrate themselves and live in a sauna for days before the finale, so she could possibly lose as much as 50 pounds more by the finale. KWIM?

I gotcha! LOL...I thought you meant Allison Sweeney needed to lose 50 lbs LOL! Thats why I said...uh huh? Helps if I pay attention!

Shay
03-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I think age and level of maturity has a lot to do with Dan, Maggie, and Brittany. I will never forget Adrian from the season Eric won. Her immaturity was intolerable for me.

I'm rooting for Roger too win it all. He reminds me of Eric. Just a really nice guy. Kelly does get on my nerves but I wish she would stop crying and do what she needs to do. I would love it if she looks fantastic at the finale.

Mark--wouldn't you hate to work with him? The relationship with Mark and Jay seems a bit dysfunctional. SMH!

dixied
03-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm rooting for Roger too win it all. He reminds me of Eric. Just a really nice guy. Kelly does get on my nerves but I wish she would stop crying and do what she needs to do. I would love it if she looks fantastic at the finale.

Mark--wouldn't you hate to work with him? The relationship with Mark and Jay seems a bit dysfunctional. SMH!

I'm trying hard to keep liking Roger, but that Pride on Three thing is wearing thin. Also his comments this week about the other team "should be scared", that seemed petty. He didn't appear to be a petty or vinidictive person during the first half of the season, and I hope he isn't going to start being on now. I fear Mark's & Dan's attitudes are contagious. I think Trent kept Roger more grounded.

I was reading on the official site that Mark and Jay also work together. No wonder they are dysfunctional. It seems like Jay's never had the opportunity to be his own person.

Hun.e.B
03-14-2008, 11:42 AM
I kinda like the Pride on 3 thing, but then again I love competitive sports especially football which is his background. Mark has never bothered me, I actually like him. He's not afraid to show his emotions like so many men are. And I love that he and his brother are so close. I've got 3 siblings and dh has 2 and we hardly talk to any of them so to see a close family like that is a good thing! I hope my girls are close like that as adults.

missingmyerica
03-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I posted this in a different thread but figured I'd post it here too:

My husband works for the company that prints Prevention Magazine and brought me home the May 2008 issue last night. OMG! You have to see Kelly! She weighs 192lbs. in the Magazine and looks AMAZING. Her hair is styled and flat ironed and she has on a killer dress...she is the biggest transformation in my opinion. Ali weighs 149lbs in the photo and doesn't even look like the same person...she is radiant. Brittany is sexy as **** and should do plus sized modeling....she weighs 170 in the photo. Jay weighs 201lbs in the photo and has on a pair of jeans and a leather jacket....he looks so handsome.

I am totally blown away by these photos and truly inspired.

dixied
03-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I kinda like the Pride on 3 thing, but then again I love competitive sports especially football which is his background. Mark has never bothered me, I actually like him. He's not afraid to show his emotions like so many men are. And I love that he and his brother are so close. I've got 3 siblings and dh has 2 and we hardly talk to any of them so to see a close family like that is a good thing! I hope my girls are close like that as adults.

Melissa - If we ever agree on the contestants I'll consider it a sign of the Apocalypse. :D I like the fact we can agree to disagree though.

Hun.e.B
03-14-2008, 12:47 PM
LOL Dee, but I can truly appreciate all of your opinions! I think if we all liked the same things this world would be a very boring place wouldnt it! I think whats so fun is that so many people can watch the very same things and take it all in different light. So the test will be...are you hoping Brittney or Maggie goes?

dixied
03-14-2008, 01:34 PM
LOL Dee, but I can truly appreciate all of your opinions! I think if we all liked the same things this world would be a very boring place wouldnt it! I think whats so fun is that so many people can watch the very same things and take it all in different light. So the test will be...are you hoping Brittney or Maggie goes?

Well, at first I liked Brittney, and now I'm getting tired of the whine. But, I think that a lot of creative editing goes on, so I'm willing to still root for her. I don't like or dislike Maggie. I think she gets less face time than some of the others, and so I haven't developed any strong feelings for her at all. I hope she takes off all the weight she wants to lose, but then, I've never wanted to see any of them fail. So, I guess I'm rooting for Brittney?

Hun.e.B
03-14-2008, 08:39 PM
LOl well that figures, I cant stand brittney. Everytime she rolls her eyes I wanna smack her! LOL! I actually liked Maggie because she didnt partake in all the whining and complaining she just did what she had to do. But last epi she started with it. I do have to say I HATE the editing of this show! Not just with the repeating but also the way the portray these people including the trainers. I'm back to not liking Jillian because of it.

angeline
03-14-2008, 09:51 PM
I would've loved to have seen what Dan would do with his 2 votes if one of the guys fell below the yellow line. tHAT would have been interesting! Would Dan have played the game and gotten rid of one of his biggest competitors or would he have protected his team mate and perhaps dug his own grave? I'm bummed that didn't come to pass. Now that would've changed the game, a LOT.

I can't stand Roger or Mark (although they both have their handsome moments). Dan, I stomach because he's young.

NemesisClaws
03-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, I consider the two vote thingie a waste since Dan isn't even voting against his own team...That's generally when you want to use that....

Diva
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
My favorites are Ali & Roger. Both of them just do what needs to be done. No whining, crying, or complaining. None of that cockiness, they just do it. ALL the black team girls annoy me (I consider Ali PINK!) Mark & Dan are both entirely too cocky, and Jay is just there for me. But all that man crying got on my nerves after a while. I think Ali looks awesome. Just goes to show how we can transform our own bodies with a healthy lifestyle and exercise. ;)

Shay
03-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Okay so no suprise. Maggie went home but didn't she look fantastic? What did she say she weighed now? 172? That's only a 12 pound difference since she left and of course the later you get voted off the less time you have when the come and talk to you but....did you see that waist? She looked great!

I hope this not a threat thing does not get Brittany in the final 4. I am so rooting for Kelly to be up there with the men.

Missingmyerica--I am so excited about what you said about Kelly's hair. Didn't the curly perm with a ton a mousse look go out in the 80's or 90's. I have a friend that wears her hair in that style and it does nothing for her.

sportmom
03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
OMG, Mark's wife is wearing the "dowdy" outfit that they made Kelly take off! Sorry, shouldn't be so mean, but REALLY? Did no one on the show catch that??? lol

dixied
03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Okay, I'm a little behind, but when Kelly came out in the dowdy dress; she's walking like she's stalking onto the football field. Stop channeling Roger. I hope it was becuase the shoes didn't fit. ;)

Shay
03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh that's funny I didn't even notice that but I was on the phone with my mom.

OMFG Kelly looks amazing. She will rock at the finale. She says she's nurse I wonder what kind? You can't be crying at work all day like that when you trying to be supportive to your patients but that does explain the crying a little more to me.

I'm thinking Dan will get a Jon Bon Jovi haircut.

Mark and his freaking crying. I wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't think he was "putting on a show".

Can't wait to see Roger after the commercial break.

dixied
03-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Bob loves Dan's hair? WTH? Bob just lost respect points.

Shay
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
dixiedieter--I know what's up with that?

sportmom
03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Mark is looking a little scary. Not sure what it is - criminal maybe? But I saw something about Manson on ET right before the show started & that could be clouding my judgment. I think he has lost too much in his face now.

sportmom
03-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Bob was drooling a little when he wanted to look at Dan's new clothes. Come on, Bob, try to hide that sensitive side a bit more, k? ;) Nice product placement - wonder how many times they have to retake those to not bust out laughing.

dixied
03-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Is there a tear duct removal surgery that we can get for these people? The stylist dude kept crying too, I guess it's catching?

And why did they let Mark keep that ugly beard?

Okay how the heck did they keep Brit's boobs up like that? She looked great. I don't love that color for some reason.

Jay looked nice. Those clothes hid the moobs well. He did squeal like a girl, didn't he?

Kely did look good. Loved the hair, want the dress! For a brief moment as she walk toward her mom, she looked like a heavier Faith Hill. Her mom's comment about the sobbing cracked me up.

At least Roger shaved! He looked good, but I wanted to see his rockstar outfit.

Dan still doesn't do it for me. He looks like an odd woman I used to work with. :D

Ali looks amazing. Nuff said.

dixied
03-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Mark is looking a little scary. Not sure what it is - criminal maybe? But I saw something about Manson on ET right before the show started & that could be clouding my judgment. I think he has lost too much in his face now.

:rofl: I just spit Diet Mt. Dew all over my laptop.

dixied
03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Bob was drooling a little when he wanted to look at Dan's new clothes. Come on, Bob, try to hide that sensitive side a bit more, k? ;) Nice product placement - wonder how many times they have to retake those to not bust out laughing.

"Show me" Did Bob just ask Dan to strip? :o

Shay
03-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Sportmom--ROTFL regarding the Mark comment.
Dixiedieter--LMAO..Dan looks like a woman you used to work with?! Funny!

Shay
03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Okay its not just me...that scene in Dan's room...not right.

Shay
03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
It was just so staged...an awful commercial.

Nori71
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
OMG - I cannot wait until 8pm PST now! I has actually forgotten that it was Tuesday already!

dixied
03-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Roger is going to need neck work after the finale.

Shay
03-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Please let it be Jay & Brittany below the yellow line. I want Brittany to go home. She is hanging on like the black team women from last season and I hated that.

Shay
03-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes, Kelly is safe and I heard her say she wants to be the first woman Biggest Loser. Despite all that crying she does have a fighting spirit. She wasn't part of that crying defeatist fest that Brittany and Maggie had last week. It would be fitting in Brittany left this week.

Shay
03-18-2008, 10:52 PM
I really don't like this going to plead "my case". Its stupid. Accept your possible fate and move on.

sportmom
03-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Dan still doesn't do it for me. He looks like an odd woman I used to work with. :D

:rofl:

Meh, I really don't like Ali's haircut at all. I think it greatly ages her and makes her nose too prominent and makes her eyes bug. Maybe she's just tired.....

dixied
03-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't understand why they didn't vote off Jay, he's the bigger threat. :?:

dixied
03-18-2008, 10:58 PM
weird, when they interviewed her at home in the black & white print shirt, she looked heavy. Puffy even. Wonder if that sodium backfired?

Shay
03-18-2008, 11:01 PM
How much more weight can Mark really lose? I think the only thing that will keep him there are the guys when he falls below the yellow line.

onthetee
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM

I am willing to bet, because I am a horrible cynic, that he ends up being a big ol' cheater. He has the arrogance that could translate into big cheater dude. The display with his wife was understandable, but I don't think any marriage could stand him.

Shay
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM
I think Ali always looks tired. Kinda like she's lived a hard life. How old is she?

Shay
03-18-2008, 11:05 PM
onthetee--I agree with you. I also think maybe an emotional abuser which will get worse now that he has lost weight. I keep coming back to his interactions with Jay...they are so telling. And him trying to tell the world that he cares what others think...come on!!!

onthetee
03-18-2008, 11:10 PM
:rofl:

Meh, I really don't like Ali's haircut at all. I think it greatly ages her and makes her nose too prominent and makes her eyes bug. Maybe she's just tired.....

And the color has no contrast. It looks like a bottle job from the CVS sale bin.

sportmom
03-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah it was the classic voting down party lines tonite. J is totally the bigger threat, but alas, maybe they were actually playing the game right tonite and getting rid of dead wood.

YES - inappropriate is the total word - in dan's bedroom - all alone. Hmm, i wonder if dan was either "comfortable" or "crawling out of his skin." WIth someone else there it woulda been fine, I"m just sayin', I know how my dh would have felt! But we don't know much about Dan, do we....or is there a girlfriend at home? Maybe if we didn't just have to hear several times about how "Bob doesn't want me to cut my hair...." and then Bob saying "Oh no, did he cut his hair???" Just a little freaky-deaky to me.........

onthetee
03-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Why does Roger want to make Mark so aggressive? I hate Mark, but if he is trying to be a more agreeable person, I am all for that. An apology? That is being human, not being a wuss.

Roger has 'man' issues. Be a man! Don't be a girl! Good lord.

onthetee
03-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Ali and I weight nearly the same, and I DO NOT look like that!

sportmom
03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
How was Mr. Clinton???

onthetee
03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Why would Ali vote for Brittany? I cannot see the motivation. More one-on-one with Jillian?

onthetee
03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
How was Mr. Clinton???

Late!!!! See Blue Team post.

Shay
03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Ali voted for Brittany because she was thinking of herself. She said something about it will keep her there longer. Maybe she thought it made her look like a team player....I don't think so. She is starting to look like a threat to me. She keeps putting up big percentages.

sportmom
03-18-2008, 11:58 PM
She has to be on the good side of the boys so that is SHE drops below the yellow next week, they will protect her if she's up against Kelly or maybe even Jay - if she can convince them he's the bigger threat. Remember, she sits with the boys at lunch and said she felt closer to them.

Shay
03-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah I know...but her percentages through last week (they haven't updated the site for tonight) are better than Jay and Roger so they better watch out.

Dumplin
03-19-2008, 01:26 AM
he is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vixjean
03-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Okay how the heck did they keep Brit's boobs up like that?
RIGHT!?!?! I was wondering the same thing, an invisible bra?

vixjean
03-19-2008, 02:32 AM
KELLY LOOKED INCREDIBLE, I was seriously shocked what some make up and a blowdry did for that woman. WOW!
Dan's hair does look better, that's not saying much.
Mark was good looking till the beard thing.
Rodger's wife is so pretty.
Britney deserved to go home this week, and I am glad it was her simply because I COULD NOT hear another minute of Mark and Jay whimpering about being apart!
Ali looks incredible and her face is SO animated. But she does look older to me, I wonder how old she is.
That one interview with Britney, she looked terrible, acne and all, shows what make up can do.

SoulBliss
03-19-2008, 04:39 AM
I think they used something like this for Britney's breasts: http://www.advantagebridal.com/nubrasibrass.html

HoosierHeather
03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
It was just so staged...an awful commercial.

That was REALLY awful, wasn't it? "Show me your new clothes. Oh by the way have you been taking your VITAMINS? (close up on vitamins) VITAMINS ARE SO IMPORTANT (close up on vitamins again) WE LOVE VITAMINS. VITAMINS ARE PRETTY...." It was really, really bizarre.

I'm sad Brit went because I liked her, but her #'s have always been low. I wonder if she has something hormonal going on that hasn't been addressed. I mean, to work out as hard as they do and consistently lose 2lbs a week does not seem normal.

missingmyerica
03-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I LOVED this episode. My hero Tim Gunn made everyone look AMAZING! I can't wait to get to my goal weight so I can go out and buy the 10 essential items every woman should have in her closet.

Here's my take:

First of all....what was Allison wearing at the fashion show? OMG....with Tim Gunn standing right there! He must have been dying to rip that little ribbon off her neck. Egads.

Jay: Looked amazing. I'm glad he got rid of that old haircut. It made him look so outdated, and mentally challenged. You could tell he LOVED the way he looked and kind of felt like a "bad boy" wearing that leather jacket. He just seems like an all around nice guy.

Mark: Okay...no matter how much I think he is a jerk...this guy looks hot. Wow. Unfortunately, losing weight has turned him into a chick. Geez, get a grip already. yikes. Oh, and about the whole "I don't want to seem too competitive" thing.....all gameplay. This man is all competitor, he is going to win this thing if it kills him. I admire his competitiveness in a way, but all that crying...ugh. I have such mixed feelings about Mark.

Dan: I want to hate him but I can't. He is so cocky and acts like such an idiot, but I have to think of WHY he acts this way. God knows, he must not have been very popular with the ladies in the past. He must feel like a trillion bucks right now and all that testosterone must be getting the better of him. I'm sure he feels like a total chick magnet right now and can't contain himself. Dan's on a mission and I'm sure his goal is to catch a WOMAN!! I bet he could barely contain himself when Brittany was sitting next to him on the bed. I can just hear him say, in his best Austin Powers voice...."Oh Behave!" He probably thought Brittany was trying to come on to him or something! Too funny!

Roger: I don't know why, but I just don't like this guy. I can't explain why except he gives me a bad feeling.

Ali: I think in the beginning when she was there with her Mom, she broke down to Jillian and talked about feeling like she had to take care of her Mom when she was young. It definitely has taken a toll on her and she does look older than her years. That being said, I absolutely love Ali and I am truly rooting for her. She looks AMAZING and hopefully she will feel young and vibrant again and go out and live the life she missed out on growing up. She "owned" that dress on the catwalk....you work it girl!

Kelly: Another one of my favorites from last night. OMG....can you say FIERCE? When kelly gets to goal she is going to be stunning. She looked so amazing last night (how many times can I say amazing in one post?:) ) In prevention magazine she talks about always being the "caretaker". She has taken care of her family, works as a nurse...but never took care of herself. She felt guilty to do things for herself, even losing weight. You can definitely see that in her personality. Now she says she is taking care of herself and feels great. She had the biggest transformation in my opinion. Flat ironing that 1980's roller derby queen doo, and her make-up.....beautiful!

Brittany: Wow...nice boobs! She looked great and another one who "owned" the catwalk! She is gorgeous and could easily do plus size modeling. Looks like she and Jillian formed a really tight bond and it was touching to see how much they care about each other. Brittany seemed really scared to go home. She still doubts herself, and doing this whole thing alone. It must be really scary, but it looks like she is doing well. I can't wait to see her at the finale.

Can't wait till next week!

sportmom
03-19-2008, 12:08 PM
I believe they taped her up to create that cleavage. It looked like she had implants, didn't it. I think they tape the outsides with like masking tape and bring it up toward the shoulders to give it lift and volume.

Tomato
03-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I missed the first 28 minutes, can somebody tell me what happened? (I missed it because I was eating my dinner, very sloooooowly, as Mr. McKenna suggests, putting the fork down after each mouthful .... LOL) and I did not realize that the show already started. I caught it when the girls were getting their haircuts.

I hate Dan less with the new haircut (although they could have cut off more).

What the heck is it with Mark and Jay being such big time sobbers? I thought it was ridiculous how Mark cried when he hugged his wife .... gimme a break. Or even afterwards, he could not say anything without breaking down. Sheesh. They both such babies.

I laughed when I saw Brittany in her dress - the boobs -hahaha! I wondered how many pieces of some tape they had to use to keep her boobs from popping out.

Kelly looked absolutely amazing in her dress, it was so flattering. I actually prefer her with curly hair instead of straightened, but it doesn't bother me. But, if she wants to become the first woman Biggest Loser, she will have to start pulling bigger numbers. But I adored that black dress - I would not mind having it myself.

suesully
03-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm sad Brit went because I liked her, but her #'s have always been low. I wonder if she has something hormonal going on that hasn't been addressed. I mean, to work out as hard as they do and consistently lose 2lbs a week does not seem normal.

Wasn't it Brittany who has PCOS? I thought I remember that from early on in the show. That could explain her slow weight loss.

Hun.e.B
03-19-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm thinking I gotta stop reading this thread, you guys are mean. I need to make sure I never go on a show like this. Poor Mark, shows his wife some love, breaks down he's so happy to see her and now he's a potential cheater? thats harsh.

I thought Ali's cut looked fantastic on her. I loved it, very youthful. Kelly looked fantastic, she's got that thin hair like me, I wonder if I could pull that off.

I loved Dan's haircut too, so much better.

They all just looked so great in their outfits even if some of them I didnt like on the mannequin. I want Kelly's dress, I need to find something flattering to wear to my graduation and loved that style!

Does anyone know the mentality of upping sodium? Just curious what the science was behind that.

rockstar87
03-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know the mentality of upping sodium? Just curious what the science was behind that.

I'm gonna take a complete stab in the dark based on what Jillian said about her electrolytes being imbalanced: Maybe if Brittany had low blood sodium levels her blood pressure had dropped too low and her body responded by releasing a hormone (aldosterone) which causes sodium retention. This in turn causes water retention because your body is always trying to maintain the proper levels of sodium concentration in the bloodstream; too much sodium means your body holds on to water to try and balance out the concentration. By increasing her dietary sodium intake maybe the idea was to raise her blood pressure slightly so she would stop trying to retain sodium and lose the water weight. The only reason I can see for her blood pressure being low was when Jillian said she was working her out harder than she had ever had anyone and their calories are really low and she's quite young. I hope that was somewhat coherent. Besides her blood pressure being low, there could've just been a disequilibrium between her sodium levels and as a result her body tried to retain some sodium and ended up retaining water as well.

Again, that's a complete stab in the dark. If anyone has an actual verifiable answer I'd be really interested to hear it...

Shay
03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Updated %

Dan--36%
Mark--35%
Ali--34%
Roger--33%
Jay--30%
Kelly--27%

NemesisClaws
03-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Ok, Brittney in that dress with that kind of a cleavage....HECK NO.....It's not that I'm overly conservative, it's just that there are certain dresses that only folks with a certain body can honestly pull off. Brittney just doesn't have it in my opinion.

Dan's hair....I honestly don't like it. It just doesn't fit his facial structure. Then again, it seems to me like his hair is always flat, so if he put some volume in it, it might make it look better.

Kelly was the surprise transformation in this episode. Girl was rocking it!

Makeovers aside....I think Dan made an excellent choice in voting off Brittney instead of Jay. For one thing, he knows once the girls are all gone, then its down to the guys. For now, I think Roger is on his side, and he's gonna need Roger since I forsee Roger hanging in till the end considering the amount of weight loss he still has left to lose. Jay and Mark are pretty close to goal, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them voted off in the future....

Depending on who goes under the yellow line next week, Dan would be smart to get the girls on his side as backup.

Hun.e.B
03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I thought Brittney looked fantastic! She showed that plus sized girls can still be sexy as ****!

rockstar87
03-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I agree. I thought they all looked fabulous. Britney pulled off that dress with flying colors IMO... Kelly looked gorgeous and it was just nice seeing everyone in fitted clothes! You can't appreciated how much weight they've lost in the baggy stuff they're always wearing to work out in. I love the makeover show!

Suzanne 3FC
03-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Please start a new thread as this one has gone past the post limit :)