The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Diva
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't know if we can ask Molly Gee Biggest Loser questions, but I just asked this:

Will there ever be an episode on the show where this will be discussed? Women have so many other issues involved slowing down their weight loss efforts. Everything to slowed down metabolism, age, hormones, stress hormones, Time of the month. A man and a woman with the same amount to lose and doing the same diet and exercise program, I would bet away my car, that the man will lose faster and easier than the woman. I really think this needs to be recognized on this show.

The team drafting last night where Bob choose mostly men was SO obvious. He wants to win and there's a really good chance he will with his mostly male dominated Blue team.

I overheard two men having a weight loss conversation at Walmart the other day. Everyone goes to our Walmart to socialize, lol, Small towns.... Anyways, the one man was saying that him and his wife went on a diet recently together, and thats he's lost 30 lbs and she's only lost 10. Then they stood there looking all proud like he was so much better and perhaps he did stay OP better, I don't know, but I felt the need to chime in and inform them (nicely of course) that it's easier for men to lose than it is for women. That women have hormone issues and other factors that slow it down and make it more difficult for them. All I got was smug, Uh huh look. They totally didn't believe me and thought I was simply sticking up for the girls. grrrrrrr. I told them to google it and they'd see...if they even know what it means to google... Freaking Hillbillies...LOL!

dixied
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
And maybe he is a big, ol' baby-eating, hateful yoga dude....

LMAO. Chelle is gonna get you. ;)

Okay, I have totally mixed feelings about last nights show, and right now, I was going to keep my opinions to myself, except this.....

Jackie & Dan were all "Mark and Jay have to go" last week. This week they are new best friends. Too funny.

I like Brit. I just can't help it. I'm wondering if she isn't the PCOS chick in question a zillion of pages back, cause she should be losing the weight with the way she did those stairs. I like Bernie too.

I also think they was a vaild point brought up by Roger (I think) in regards to the challenge last night. Jillian is 5'2", even though Bob isn't abnormally tall, it's going to be harder for her to keep up the pace against him in that type of challenge. Also, she mentioned in a podcast I listened to yesterday that she hates to run. HATES IT! So maybe that challenge just wasn't her thing. No shame in that.

Diva
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM

:rofl:

GirlyGirlSebas
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
that it's easier for men to lose than it is for women. That women have hormone issues and other factors that slow it down and make it more difficult for them.

On Monday, Hubby and I started calorie counting. This morning, he anounces that he's already lost 4 pounds. I smiled at him and told him "that's great, Honey. All of your hard work is really paying off." :rollpin:Secretly, I wanted to knock him upside the head for being a lucky testosterone driven piece of mankind!!!

Seriously, I am very happy for him...afterall, I get to enjoy the benefits of his weight loss, too. :drool: But, why can I lose like that? (she says in an extremely whiney voice)

Diva
01-30-2008, 01:13 PM
On Monday, Hubby and I started calorie counting. This morning, he anounces that he's already lost 4 pounds. I smiled at him and told him "that's great, Honey. All of your hard work is really paying off." :rollpin:Secretly, I wanted to knock him upside the head for being a lucky testosterone driven piece of mankind!!!

Seriously, I am very happy for him...afterall, I get to enjoy the benefits of his weight loss, too. :drool: But, why can I lose like that? (she says in an extremely whiney voice)

I hear ya girly! Jess lost 13 pounds in a month when he started his new job. Wasn't even trying and didn't even need to lose any. Makes me sick, lol!

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree with Robin, enough belly aching over how the teams were picked. As if getting Jillian for a trainer is such a bad thing. And Chellez...amen sister! We have NO idea what went on between bob and brittney, we only know what is edited into the show. I really dont like how bob is being portrayed this season. They are really trying to take that hard @ss stigma off Jillian but what are they doing to Bob in the meantime? I really hope we dont have to hear more moaning and groaning out of bearnie and brittney...play the cards you are dealt people!

and OMG I almost shot coffee out my nose "and maybe he is a big, ol' baby-eating, hateful yoga dude.." that is hilarious!! SO NOT TRUE! but hilarious! LOL!

I'm a crier too!! When I get angry or frustrated omg the tears come!

dixied
01-30-2008, 01:17 PM
DH and I are both (supposedly) doing South Beach and working out. Reality is that I'm working out and doing SB/calorie counting and he's doing some freaky no carb thing. Not Atkins, which has some carbs, but absolutely no carbs. (idiot) He's not working out and giving into cravings left and right, while I'm remaining 99% POP. The other night he had me pick him up a pizza on the way back from the gym. As witchy as it sounds, I'm glad when he doesn't see great results. He's whining about only losing 4 pounds this month. Imagine what he could do without the pizza. The first time he dieted he switched from regular bread to light bread, and from light beer to low carb beer and lost 40 pounds. Grrr!

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I've been cursed with one of those men that can eat whatever he wants and as much as he wants and still be skinny. Although lately the beer belly is catching up with him. He eats fast food every day though and that breakfast soda in the shower! And still the most he's ever weighed is 180...I hate him! LOL jk!

The sick thing is...he tries to lose weight from time to time. His methods drive me insane!!!

chellez
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM

Well you can send him to my house and I'll punish him GOOD!!!! :lol:

He can bend me every which a way he wants... I dont mind :^: *hums* bend me, break me anyway you need me all I want is youuuuuuuuu!

Amberelise
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I thought Dan was absolutely hilarious in last night's episode. I thought the temptation was great for him since I'm sure he's missing his breakfast soda.

I'm contemplating writing NBC and asking them to not make the next TBL so hokey, though.

The ad placement is especially hokey. It's not only obvious on the show, but it's glaringly obvious elsewhere. You know what I mean.

ksk571
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
I like Brit. I just can't help it. I'm wondering if she isn't the PCOS chick in question a zillion of pages back, cause she should be losing the weight with the way she did those stairs. I like Bernie too.

That's exactly what went through my mind when I realized that Brit hadn't lost as much as I thought she had.

Also, I can't remember which grey team member said it but it's so true. Basically that it didn't matter which trainer he had, but he would want to be picked by whoever was choosing. I don't think anyone would want to be picked last. Even back a few weeks ago when the teams were picking trainers, Jillian filled up before Bob even got his second (or third) team I believe. It just stinks to not be the first (second or third) choice. I wish this show didn't have those elements to it (even though that's part of the "entertainment factor").

I would have liked to see them take turns picking with Bob earning the right to pick first, however that would leave one team being the absolute last pick which would really stink, too.

onthetee
01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Well you can send him to my house and I'll punish him GOOD!!!! :lol:

He can bend me every which a way he wants... I dont mind :^: *hums* bend me, break me anyway you need me all I want is youuuuuuuuu!

Your pervy mind is one of the things that I love most about you. And with DH out of commission, you need something to occupy your time.

chellez
01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Your pervy mind is one of the things that I love most about you. And with DH out of commission, you need something to occupy your time.

:lol3: Did I mention I'm going to a "toy" party on Friday? But that's neither here nor there... I just think its ironic the hosts always name the "toys" Bob! :rofl:

Dea
01-30-2008, 03:46 PM
I just have to wonder how bad the blue, yellow and purple teams felt watching Jiillian stand there crying and hugging the black team goodbye. Talk about feeling like the leftovers.
The show felt like more of a competition between the trainers than the competitors...which, I guess it what it really is anyway!
I would have liked to have seen Kelly go last night...I think Jenn had more potential to loose more lbs.
The "infomercial' for gum was a little much, and I can only say it one way....Men, keep your shirts on...PLEASE!!!

ggmugsy
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh Chellez - It is apparent to all that your obsession with the big 'ol baby-eating yoga dude runs deep. VERY deep.

I appreciate that you think TBL is editing to make him appear tough but in all honesty, I do not believe he apologized or spoke with Bernie or Brit about his decision to not choose them for his team any time prior to the weigh in taping. Those two were truly hurt and it showed.

His behavior toward the former blue team was, IMO, beyond rude. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Ilene
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Speaking of "Editing" ... I'm starting to wonder if Bob HAD to pick those teams because the producers knew it would make better "TV" :shrug: ... Just a thought...

Another thought.... When someone is eliminated or is voted off, it always surprises me that the trainers had "not idea" and they look all surprised ... I really do think it's all fixed and edited.....

Just venting a bit here... It bugs the poop out of me that after every single commercial they have to repeat the 2 minutes that was already said before the commercial :rolleyes: No wonder the show is 2 hours long ....

OFF :soap:

Diva
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Speaking of "Editing" ... I'm starting to wonder if Bob HAD to pick those teams because the producers knew it would make better "TV" :shrug: ... Just a thought...

Another thought.... When someone is eliminated or is voted off, it always surprises me that the trainers had "not idea" and they look all surprised ... I really do think it's all fixed and edited.....

Just venting a bit here... It bugs the poop out of me that after every single commercial they have to repeat the 2 minutes that was already said before the commercial :rolleyes: No wonder the show is 2 hours long ....

OFF :soap:

:p That totally bugs me too, lol!

I had something else I wanted to say but I am spacing out. :dizzy:

YWeight
01-30-2008, 05:44 PM
....baby-eating, hateful yoga dude.... hehehehehe...that should be a bumper sticker.

Anyway...I dvr'd it and will watch it later, so nothing to report on the imaginary chair challenge.

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Man bob is getting it from all sides today...cyber molested, bashed, name called.

I dont think bob talked the B&B before the weigh in either but I bet he did afterward. He is too kind hearted to not deal with that situation. Ilene I am with you, I bet both Jillian and Bob knew what was up going in. I hate editing, and the people who do this show really do a lousy job of it, all the way around. But I still love the show even if you do watch it twice or three times at the same time LOL!

chellez...bob = battery operated boyfriend, my cousin just went to one of the "toy" parties last weekend. Liked it so much she's decided to have one of her own LOL!

NotTheCheat
01-30-2008, 07:15 PM

This drives me INSANE. Do they think we have the attention span of a 2 year old with ADD? For goodness sake. I can remember what happened all of 2 minutes ago. I have been thinking of getting a stopwatch and timing how much of the show is repeated time. I just might do it. . .

Dea
01-30-2008, 08:09 PM
In addition to repeating scenes after commercials, Allison must say the same lines over and over again....'your previous weight', 'your current weight', 'that's one vote for...', 'one more vote'....it never ends!!!

But we do love the show!!!

Ilene
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh, but we do love the dang show :tantrum: .....

Nancy, that would be neat to time all those repeated scenes and sentences :lol: ... It's probably less than an hour long :lol3:

Purplefirefly
01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
soulbliss--I would love to go on the show, but I could never leave my little ones that long. I hope you find someone here to partner with, it would be awesome watching you on TV :D

I got to thinking about this today and I was really hard on Bob earlier and I still feel what I wrote...but I do sympathize with him some as well because he was put in the very difficult position of having to pick and basically get demonized. I think it is editing that made me so mad with him. He has always looked like a nice guy to me, but last night he was so smug...and just looked not like himself. Jillian didn't seem like herself either! I'm thinking maybe they were forced into this and neither of them liked it...contracts and paychecks and all that good stuff.

Anyway, I might try and give the baby eater another chance :rofl: I still don't like the teams and it won't be so much fun to watch this season if black team just gets beaten to the ground every week no matter how hard they work...that's just no fun.

BUT...they definitely got people talking this week, didn't they? Guess the off camera people are very happy now.

chellez
01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
chellez...bob = battery operated boyfriend, my cousin just went to one of the "toy" parties last weekend. Liked it so much she's decided to have one of her own LOL!

:lol: You sure they didn't nick name them after someone that's especially sexy? ;)

Amy0505
01-30-2008, 11:23 PM
I honestly would love to go on the show. A couple months ago I talked to my mom about keeping my kids.......if I was ever accepted. I would hate to be away from my kids that long, but if I could lose the weight. I think I need someone on my case all the time to lose the weight.

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 11:54 PM
LOL Chelle I have an advantage you dont have...my dh's name is bob too! LOL!

vixjean
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
okay what about the contestants repeating the phrase, 'pulls big numbers' they must have said that 30 times. there aer so many other ways to say that they lose a lot of weight, were they coached to say that or what?

vixjean
01-31-2008, 12:32 AM
"Ninja boy ate too many pieces of Extra gum, apparently."

FUNNIEST thing i have read yet! LOL!

Purplefirefly
01-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Vix--I think some terms just become like slang and everyone says it without thinking. Like when I go to eat lunch with my kindergartener at school I hear the same things over and over from all the kids...like they all say "hey" when they pass each other so I hear that word at least 10 times in one lunch period, every child that passes the table they say it back and forth. It just catches on, and I think "pulls big numbers" has just become the slang for losing a lot of weight. Almost any group thrown together will in time have little sayings that just click and hang around.

chellez
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
LOL Chelle I have an advantage you dont have...my dh's name is bob too! LOL!

Daniel could be named Bob too if I close my eyes and pretend really good! :rofl:

Tina30
01-31-2008, 09:33 AM
LMAO Chellez:)

YWeight
01-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Morning Ladies....
I was able to watch the show last evening via the magic of DVR. I read all the posts yesterday so it was kind of fun to know what was coming and a little of what to look for.

Here is what I saw - Both Jillian and Bob did not want to do the challenge. Imagine what it would be like if you were built up as this uber trainer and then you lost a challenge. What happens the next time you are in the gym cracking down on someone and they mentioned the escalator challenge. No doubt each of them didn't want to go through that....somebody had to lose.

How about that soda challenge? I think the blue team should have taken a shot. You are alloted so many calories a day...spend a few on the chance to get an edge on the weigh-in...know what they were up against. I haven't had a non-diet soda in so long it probably would have knocked me on my :censored: but I think I would have taken a couple of shots.

And how about Trent and the Yoga....all I can say is WOW!!!

Finally....at the weigh in, Bob did look a little choked up when Brittany was speaking, and maybe the editing cut out something. I think the best thing Bob did for Bernie and Brittany was not choose them....look how motivated they are to stick it to him now.

Just my take on it.

ggmugsy
01-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Vanetta, very good point. Brittany sure seemed angry and motivated. :) Bernie, too.

melissa73
02-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Every Tuesday I designate 2 hours in the evening to go to the gym from 8pm - 10pm and work out while watching the biggest loser. I also have to mention that i'm the most pathetic sobber out there when people get emotional. That's the hardest thing about working out while the show is on, I always end up crying and looking like a complete A$$ on the treadmill. "im just wiping away sweat" LMAO when it's actually tears. PATHETIC!!! I just couldn't help myself when Jillian was crying when Bob was picking his team. :(

BTW, my DBF's name is Bob too. (seriously)

But he is DEFINITELY NOT Blue Team Bob, he's a bit squishier. LMAO

I would have totally done the soda challenge and it would have been worth it.....somebody would have grabbed the soda up front. I noticed that Bob was very emotional when Brittany was talking and yes, I agree, Brittany and Bernie are VERY motivated now!!!

NemesisClaws
02-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I predict the next person going home will be.....either Jen's best friend (can't remember her name) or Brittney.....

zinkemomx2
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
IIRC, Brittney has only lost 22 pounds. Maggie has lost 28. Kelly is at 31 and Jackie is at 40. Brittney should be going home based on that. I like her to much for her to leave though. I think Kelly should just because she drives me nuts.

onthetee
02-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Repeats tonight during the Super Bowl

sportmom
02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
And Bob has a podcast that you can listen to now on nbc.com. I'm not sure it's downloadable, but you can def play it right from the site.

suesully
02-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Repeats tonight during the Super Bowl

I was so happy about that as I missed so much of last week's episode due to them giving primary results. I guess it was not to be for me to see this episode...they kept cutting away to the superbowl.

Thank goodness for this thread...at least I know what happened! :)

iwmonn
02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey Now Fellow TBL Fans,

So Super Tuesday....... whoop!

I already know TBL will be pre-empted here tonight. Anyone know if there are plans to re-air it anywhere? OK, so I know the elections are important, but........... I'm so bummed. You would think with all the 24 hr news channels intensively covering them, that NBC could just use tickers or something on the bottom of the screen. But NOOOOOOOOOO.... :shrug: Whataya gonna do? guess I'll be hanging out here getting the scoop from those who are able to watch it. Keep us informed girls ;). Sounds like it's going to be a good one too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Hun.e.B
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm with you, I think its rediculous to interrupt scheduled shows. When you know the news which is on at 5,6 and 10 here is going to be filled with nothing but. Plus at the top of the hour. And you can get up to the minute info on the internet and if you really want to be following it that closely you can tune into a news channel where thats all it does. I for one would like to see my show in its entirety and find out the results (which at that point noone can do anything about anyway) when its all said and done, or on the regularly scheduled news!

Plus tonight Rocco is supposed to be on showing them how to cook healthy!

sportmom
02-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Is anyone watching it? We're not too affected by the updates - they are giving some, but seem to delay the show rather than cutting it, so that makes me happy.

I was just struck tonite by seeing the DIFFERENCE in Jackie's face for the first time tonite. That's what 40 lbs does for you!! wow Did anyone else notice it?

onthetee
02-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Second week in a row that I am getting interrupted by TORNADO warnings in Indiana in February. How crazy!

onthetee
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Paul needs to learn to shut up if he wants her back......and she needs to cut a little slack for his emotions.

Diva
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I am by NO means a Kelly fan, in fact she annoys the crap out of me, but Paul totally ruined her moment with his selfish crap. His outpouring of feelings could have waited a little bit. Dang...Let the girl enjoy her moment, geeez...go do your hong kong foey dude!

onthetee
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Jay's chest.....I hope he has surgery when this is over.

And oh, the drama of Mark's taking off his splint to weigh in.....like it matters.

dixied
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
OMG Dan's face when Paul weighed in.

Diva
02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
OMG! Tha Black team totally kicked butt this week! Good for them! This show really makes me wanna see ONEderland!!!! I am gonna so work my butt off tomorrow!

Shay
02-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Okay I was planning to read all the posts but I figured they were planning to send Jackie home!

Shay
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
To me its was a no brainer to send the woman home even though she loses big. Okay the last two weeks not as good but she's lost 42 pounds now.

Shay
02-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Dan better watch his ***!

HoosierHeather
02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Second week in a row that I am getting interrupted by TORNADO warnings in Indiana in February. How crazy!

Ditto!

And BTW just realized you and I are watching the same channel at the same time! :)

Purplefirefly
02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Brit knocks out 10 LBS...I was so happy for her! But, she'll probably become a target now. And no surprise they voted Jackie out, but they could have at least told her instead of lying straight to her face...I just have no respect for people like that. I did expect it though, no brainer decision there. But how she looks now...WOW! See the difference in her face, she looked so much younger.

I am very curious about next week...what could make Bob walk out from a weigh in :chin:

Purplefirefly
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Dan better watch his ***!

Seriously! I thought it was just because she was the only woman on a man's team...but they did it for deeper reasons which would hint Dan might be next. I wouldn't mind that, him and Jackie really annoy me. They are so cocky in most of their comments...which is a further reason I am sure this totally shocked them!

kaplods
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I have to say I'm superstitious enough to wish that the guys hadn't answered her when she asked them to swear on their children's lives, but I thought it was a much lower move on her part, than theirs to agree (maybe they had their fingers crossed). Then when she had the nerve to call them out on it, as if it had been THEIR idea, not hers. I have to admit, the b**** in me felt she definitely deserved not only to go home, but the double cross as well.

The show has a lot of faults, but it has inspired an "inspiration addiction" in me. I check the tv guide, here and online for any mention of weight loss, diet, exercise, and other health related shows, and even go to youtube to find them.

kaplods
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Oh, and no tornados here in Wisconsin, but winter storms in some areas, and I think it might have been responsible for the "technical difficulties," with the NBC feed from Rhinelander. The picture was out for a good part of the show. I didn't see any of the cooking competition.

missingmyerica
02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
What a great episode. I didn't mind the political updates since I'm watching this race VERY closely. (with a Daughter in the Military, this election is very important!) Anyway, GO BLACK TEAM!!! Take that BOB, you little cheater you. Karma came, it saw, and then it kicked Bob's butt!! :carrot: I actually like Bob, but I didn't like how he stacked the deck. Looks like his plan is going to backfire. Heheheh.

Rocco...what can you say?...I'd love to have him in my kitchen!;)

Brit losing 10lbs! Take that, blue team!

Bernie losing 13lbs...icing on the cake baby!

Jay's chest...are those udders? OMG....I'm sorry, but I can't even look at the screen when he is up there. I see breast augmentation in his future.

Paul and Kelly.....It's painful to watch the drama between them. I hope Paul gets his confidence back and moves on.

Jackie being voted off....adios. She definitely got a little too cocky. I hope her son learns from her mistakes.

Next week looks like a good episode too. This is a good season so far. I'm glad they are discussing nutrition more this season.

sportmom
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I SO knew jackie was going home as soon as I saw trent give his roommate the look. It was like, mmhmm. I also sensed he was not being honest -he looked really uncomfortable doing that.

Putting a curse on their kids - oh please Jackie. They shouldn't have said that? YOU shouldn't have asked such a TERRIBLE thing just to serve your own purposes! Again there, I knew it was a lie - did she not sense it was just too easy and quick to gain agreement? Or is her self-centered opinion of herself really making her think she is the center of their world and they are bowing down to serve her wishes. Puleez.

And were was the video of Pauls' gf? Hmm, just mom & dad. Wonder if that one is over....... LOL probably from watching him on the early episodes she dashed off a quick dear john letter to him! his selfishness is why they're not together, which he demonstrated by ruining her moment of pleasure by only focusing on his own needs.

sportmom
02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh, and Paul's loss? Not that great, imo. Remember that he GAINED last week, so he was easily going to lose those 3 lbs plus what he should have lost last week (5 lbs?) making that 8 right there. He only lost another 4 for this week, really. Like someone else here said, not eating enough may stall your WL, but it doesn't make you GAIN 3 lbs. Something else weird was going on there, and unfor. for him, he can't even blame it on tom!

NotTheCheat
02-06-2008, 12:23 AM
If I had liked the brothers at all before, I really didn't like them now. If they had planned to vote Jackie off that was their prerogative, but they really shouldn't of said to her face that they wouldn't have. That was so immature.

At the same time, Mark just blows things out of the water. He ate by far the most in the temptation, he was injured and he was the biggest loser on the team? Wow.

I felt so great for the Black team. I just love Jillian more and more each day.

Rocco is a total cutie. He probably has an ego the size of Mars, but whatever.

NemesisClaws
02-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Very interesting show! I really liked the cooking temptation...definitely made you think about how to substitute in your foods, but still have that great flavor. The blue team were very creative in their food design, but just way overboard on the calories...wow....

I knew from the minute Jackie "assumed" that Trent was going home that she just got played. For goodness sake, Trent is a major player with the most pounds to lose here woman! It would be sheer madness to send him home at this point! And that whole "swear on your children's lives" was really immature on her part. I haven't heard that in years....sheesh...

As for Paul and Kelly, we don't know all that happened during their marriage, and from the way Kelly acts towards him at times, I rather get the impression she's trying to keep her distance from him emotionally and hoping that he'll get the hint and move on himself. I also think it's curious that his own girlfriend wasn't in the video....obviously she would not have seen these episodes ahead of time, so she had no reason not to be in the video. One wonders if he even has one?

suesully
02-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Really enjoyed tonights episode...LOVED the cooking challenge! Now that Dan's alone it might be a good thing for him if he doesn't get all mopey about his mom being gone. I get the impression that he's somewhat of a momma's boy & being with the guys might be good for him. That's if they accept him as one of the guys. We'll see. :)

jlbake
02-06-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm glad Jackie's gone. She was annoying and arrogant. Jillian's team was awesome this week. She is so great at motivating others. I loved the cooking challenge. That was very cool. I'd love a cooking lesson with Rocco. Learning to make low calorie, healthy, delicious food would be awesome.

vertigoskyy
02-06-2008, 02:24 AM
Jay's chest...are those udders? OMG....I'm sorry, but I can't even look at the screen when he is up there. I see breast augmentation in his future.

I AGREE!! I shudder when I see his chest. :o

Tina30
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I wasn't sad at all to see Jackie go...she was starting to get on my nerves!!! I understand you need to have self confidence, but I think her and her son are both a little too full of it at the moment! I was happy to see the black team pull a victory, like many of you have said Bob divided those teams unfairly. I love Brit and Bernie...I just think both of them are so cute. I want to pinch Bernies cheeks:)LOL! Paul and Kelly...that could be a dang soap opera. I don't understand why those two went on this show together. It just seems like a really bad idea to me if she has moved on and is seeing someone else. I know for me personally I wouldn't want my husband/boyfriend to leave for 4 months to live on a ranch with his ex...NOPE not me! I have to say that I think Mark I believe his name is on blue, is starting to look really nice. When he was walking up to WI yesterday you could see that he has really nice muscle tone and is going to look great once he reaches goal. His poor brother though will need some surgery. I do think though that Jay is like the shrinking man. When he WI last night I couldn't believe how thin he was looking in his mid-section. Something big looks like it's going down next week...I can't wait!

Oh Melissa I did your challenge also...chair pose. Girl that did almost kill me. I had to do it in 35 sec. intervals. :) I also did step ups and planks. I have to say the planks were not as bad as chair pose. Thanks for the challenge though. It was funny because I have tivo and am so used to fast forwarding through commercials...I would start to fast forward and be like "oh crap and have to go back and watch the commericals:)"

Tina30
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
PS....I never knew who Rocco was, but he is a really cutie isn't he. I'll be putting him in my Tivo to record:)

krjpy
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok, I did the challange as well. I got in 130 minutes of workout last night (started before TBL, but worked out during most of it).

QUESTION:
Does it not seem right that they added the +3 lbs to the Black Teams weight loss (i.e. removed 3lbs), but then they removed them again tonight, by not allowing 3 of his pound to count. Doesn't this seem like a double punishment since they already had the 3 lbs count against them in the pervious week to count them against them this week? Maybe I just missed something.

I was so sad for Brit when she had to tell Jillian in front of everyone on the Black Team that she was doing 500 cals some days. I think she learned a lesson regarding eating this week (that you have to eat to live not live to eat).

I also LOVED that Bernie and Brit got such great kudos from Rocco for their Blue Cheese idea on the Filet. That had to be a confidence booster for them with them still feeling low from Bob leaving them behind.

As for Mark, I agree that he is going to really buff out with his weight loss. You can already see the good beginnings of a waist on him and with having to do all this extra upper body work and swimming since he has the fracture is only going to help define all that out.

Jackie's gone :woohoo:

I didn't like but 1 thing about her ... how well she supported her son. She looks good and I am happy for her, but I really think Dan needs to be on his own.

I LOVED Bernie's little "Dan" dance with his 13 lb loss. It really seems like he was blowing a rasberry to the Blue Team.

kaplods
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
The Paul and Kelly thing is a trainwreck. I imagine that the producers jumped at the chance to have an ex's team (maybe they were even specifially looking). Kelly had to know that Paul was going to see this as his "second chance." Having them share a bedroom wasn't necessary either, and set them up even further. It looks like Bernie and Brit are sharing a bedroom too, doesn't it? Maybe I'm weird, but I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a bedroom with a male stranger.

sportmom
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
No, I'm sure they are not. They had to agree to separate bedrooms for them - there is no way they'd want that potential liability on their hands of someone doing something weird in the nite. Maybe Kelly & Brit were actually "Sleeping" as roommates and b & paul were. They were just in these other rooms for the daytime scenes.

onthetee
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
QUESTION:
Does it not seem right that they added the +3 lbs to the Black Teams weight loss (i.e. removed 3lbs), but then they removed them again tonight, by not allowing 3 of his pound to count. Doesn't this seem like a double punishment since they already had the 3 lbs count against them in the pervious week to count them against them this week? Maybe I just missed something.

Yes, it does, and I noticed that too.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
QUESTION:

I think this might be the show's answer to Neil's water play last year...the one where he deliberately gained 13 pounds to force the team to go to the elimination table. I can see where it might deter someone from intentionally playing with the scales again.

Ilene
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Jay's chest...are those udders? OMG....I'm sorry, but I can't even look at the screen when he is up there. I see breast augmentation in his future.:rofl: I spit my coffee when I read that !! You're so right though....

I missed most of the episode :( .... I saw Rocco though :love: .....

onthetee
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM

Let's not be too unkind. I am sure many here would love to have the saggy boobs from losing that much weight.

kaplods
02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Not to be unkind, but I do think that whoever wins the prize money may be spending quite a bit of it on cosmetic surgery, since many insurances still do not cover skin removal surgery after weight loss - especially if the weight loss isn't specifically a result of WLS.

Losing very rapidly does increase the risk and severity of loose skin. I would bet most of the contestants will deal with it to some degree.

I often do find it annoying that they remove so much clothing to get onto a scale that isn't even real. I think that in many ways, it is unnecessarily sensational and exploitive. Yet I'm also glad to see fat bodies "exposed" on telivision without only shame attached, and a good part of the show does show fat people doing things many thin people watching can't.

ggmugsy
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I have a prediction . . . in the clip of next week's show and we see Bob walking out . . . I bet Dan gets really angry and waterloads so his team loses. Just a thought.

My husband and I agreed Jackie was off when they played the video. She was strutting around like a rooster in the hen-house. They HAD to vote her off. None of those big, burly men needed a mother telling them what to do.

Purplefirefly
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Mindy--that's an interesting theory about why Bob would walk out. It would be a suicide mission because they would vote him out for it, and I'm not sure I see him doing something so stupid. He'll want to stay in there now to win for him and his mom, hoping she wins the rest of the money as well.

Jillian has said on her radio program that a lot of the contestants have full body lifts. She actually rattled off several names and the surgeries they have had one day...I'm sure they appreciated that!

ennay
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
OK finally finished watching it on DVR....I knew she would be the first to go, but man, Jackie was my favorite on the black team. She reminds me of Dharma's mom on Dharma and Greg. Brit is probably my favorite overall.

I do have to add that I dont watch any of the chitty chatty stuff, I DVR it so I can watch it faster. That stuff drives me nuts. I just watch the challenges, workouts and weighins. I dont care to know the secrets of their soul.

EviesMommy
02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
OK I'm just jumping in in the middle here, but I Loooove this show. Does anyone else here wonder if the black team loaded up on a little h2o that first wk they were a team. Kind of a sacrifice method, we'll have low numbers this week but be able to kick butt next week! I'm seriously they had pathetic numbers last week and this week was awesome!
Also I think its a good thing Jackie got kicked off, I think Jay needs to stand on his own feet without his mommy!

onthetee
02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Does anyone else here wonder if the black team loaded up on a little h2o that first wk they were a team. Kind of a sacrifice method, we'll have low numbers this week but be able to kick butt next week!

I think that Jillian explained that it was because they were not eating their calories.

Dea
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Did Jackie really believe that Trent...being the kind of competitor that he is..would just bow out they way she wanted him too??? Like he is going to give up the chance to loose a tonne more weight, stay on the show longer, and win the $$$$?? I didn't follow her logic at all!
Unfortunately, I think the black team, in winning last night, and getting Jackie voted off, may have just made the blue team stronger. I am still in their corner though!! Love Britt and Bernie!!

Nori71
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Jillian has said on her radio program that a lot of the contestants have full body lifts. She actually rattled off several names and the surgeries they have had one day...I'm sure they appreciated that!They must not care if people know. I saw Suzy at Costco a few weeks ago (she looked great - heavier than when I last saw her, but she had a baby) and then the very next night they announced on local news that she was having plastic surgery - I think she was doing it live too? I didn't follow the story. But she certainly wasn't hiding the fact - it was on prime time news here in Seattle!

BTW - I LOVED Jackie's house last night!

onthetee
02-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I saw Suzy at Costco a few weeks ago (she looked great - heavier than when I last saw her, but she had a baby) and then the very next night they announced on local news that she was having plastic surgery

BTW - I LOVED Jackie's house last night!

Can you imagine BEING Suzy? I would have to look in her cart and judge her, and I am sure about every other person in Costco who knows her does the same thing. "Hmmm, no wonder Matt got heavy again...ground beef, not ground turkey. And are those peanuts I see in there? tsk tsk tsk"

And I had horrible kitchen envy for Jackie!

chick_in_the_hat
02-06-2008, 08:16 PM
:tantrum: no BL for me last night...freaking election coverage here in CA. I :love: Rocco, too...another eye taco. :drool: I forget what show he had, but it was a reality show to be the chef of a NY Restaurant. Good stuff. :D

I believe the proper term for Jay's boobs is "moobs"...dunno what the term for what I have is...something including the word floppy. :p

For the finale they never have to take their shirts off. Unless they want to like the old dude last season...:carrot:

Catsgetnhealthy
02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
QUESTION:

Yeah I didn't get that either. They added it last week but only gave him 9 instead of 12 lbs this week. Doesn't seem fair at all.
*adding to my own post. They didn't do that with Neil when he drank the water and put on 17lbs the one week and dropped 33lbs the next. They gave him that whole 33lbs.

Catsgetnhealthy
02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
I forget what show he had, but it was a reality show to be the chef of a NY Restaurant. Good stuff.

It was called The Restaurant and it was his restaurant, but he wasn't very good at making money. They ended up taking it from him or he gave it up.

sportmom
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I think this must be teh new NEIL RULE guys. Double jeopardy, so to speak. Really makes a person think - penalize you now, penalize you later. Otherwise, it would still be too attractive. It's the other half of last season's MATT RULE!

Hun.e.B
02-07-2008, 12:18 AM
What a great episode. I didn't mind the political updates since I'm watching this race VERY closely. (with a Daughter in the Military, this election is very important!) Anyway, GO BLACK TEAM!!! Take that BOB, you little cheater you. Karma came, it saw, and then it kicked Bob's butt!! :carrot: I actually like Bob, but I didn't like how he stacked the deck. Looks like his plan is going to backfire. Heheheh.

Okay havent read every post yet but how on earth did bob cheat? Its not cheating when they tell him if he wins he gets to pick whatever team he wants. He won, fair and square and he picked his team just like he was allowed to. where's the cheating?

Hun.e.B
02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
:tantrum: no BL for me last night...freaking election coverage here in CA. I :love: Rocco, too...another eye taco. :drool: I forget what show he had, but it was a reality show to be the chef of a NY Restaurant. Good stuff. :D

LOL, this cracks me up everytime I read it, what exactly is an eye taco? I've never heard that phrase before! I love Rocco!

Hun.e.B
02-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I cannot wait till next week! Im going with whoever said that Dan is gonna waterload, and if he does what a sorry loser! Seriously. Talk about some drama!! Not nearly enough Bob in this episode though, but Rocco is a lovely alternative. Rocco and Bob in the same show...what more can you ask for!

kaplods
02-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Bob didn't cheat. Neither did any of the contestants who water-loaded before a weigh-in to minimize their weight loss, nor did any of the contestants who lied or mislead their fellow competitors. The fact remains that all of those actions, while not prohibited, violated many people's concept of fair play. The word "cheaters" was applied to these people as well in this thread and others, and while technically not true, the "unfairness" does strike people strongly.

This is my primary problem with the show, and it nags at the back of my mind, even as I enjoy the show. The show is stacked against certain players, who have absolutely no chance at the final prize. Some of the challenges are also stacked against certain teams and individual players. And while the show doesn't promise to be fair, when it is not, people notice, comment, and criticize.

The show was not created for the competitors, nor for a fat audience. It was designed as a "gawkfest" for thin and average-sized people. As Melissa pointed out earlier, they do not even sell plus-size tshirts on the website. They may not have responded to the question, but the reason is obvious whether they replied or not - they aren't targeting a fat audience. If they were, they would be marketing to us.

Hun.e.B
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I checked again recently and now you can get a black shirt in size XL or XXL but not the blue or any of the other shirts they offer.

ksk571
02-07-2008, 10:19 AM
:I believe the proper term for Jay's boobs is "moobs"...dunno what the term for what I have is...something including the word floppy. :p

floobs? :D

zinkemomx2
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
I have floobs. :o

suesully
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Jillian has said on her radio program that a lot of the contestants have full body lifts. She actually rattled off several names and the surgeries they have had one day...I'm sure they appreciated that!

I am so disheartened to hear that. At the end of every season I notice how great the contestants look (no saggy skin) & was hoping that it was those super workouts that did it.

I read a lot of posts on diet boards where people are just planning to have plastic surgery after their weight loss. Is everyone rich except for DH & I? I don't know but dropping $10-20K or more just isn't something in our budget. Ugh. I was hoping I would look great like they do. Hmmm.

Sorry...not meant to drag down the thread...just sayin'

dixied
02-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Wait a second....isn't it against BL rules to have surgery before the finale? I know I read that somewhere. No WSL or WL meds. So they would have had the surgery after the season finale, right?

Nori71
02-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I never see much skin at the finales? They are usually dressed. I think J meant that after the show they have the surgery.

I think Brit pulls another 10+lb loss next week. And that sends Bob over the edge.:dizzy: I have no idea!

scgirl32
02-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I think Brit pulls another 10+lb loss next week. And that sends Bob over the edge.:dizzy: I have no idea!

I'm kind of worried that she might pull a big loss, but say something that upsets Bob...maybe something about how he made her feel like a loser when he didn't pick her.

dixied
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
My thoughts are leaning more toward the producers throwing another curveball at them. Mixing the teams up again, or some new "rule" created to cause drama, and therefore ratings. Probably not, but that's the thing that makes me most crazy about the show, so I'm probably projecting.

Side note: I've created a monster. It seems that every week my Mom calls during BL. This week she didn't call...because she was watching. So she called last night to rehash it all with me instead. :D

SoulBliss
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I never see much skin at the finales? They are usually dressed

I do. I notice wobbly arms, saggy knees, chests and bellies (I'm not criticizing, I think it's a natural part of the weight loss process for most of us) and really don't think they have had surgery at that point, but many have it afterwards.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I've seen a lot of sag on the finale...especially the tummies. I'm one of those who'd love to have surgery, but probably won't be able to affort it. So, I'll have to invest in some great spandex to suck it all in and fool the masses!:D
http://fitness-loving-chica.tripod.com/blog/spanx.jpg

diamondgeog
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I think if you lose it at a 'normal' clip you should not have the skin issues people on the show do. I lost a 100lbs (sadly some if it came back slowly) over around year and half to two years.

Never had a problem. Was in my mid 30s when I lost that. But 50lbs in a month?

On a slightly different issue I am suprised that some of the men now getting down under 250 are not showing more muscle tone. I weigh more than they do (right now) but still look slimmer because I have good muscle tone. They are all working out so much, where are the muscles? When I do strength training for a month I end up looking like an NFL linebacker. Still overweight yes...but maybe TV doesn't show muscles. Not sure but it seems the guys should be looking more muscular.

onthetee
02-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I often do find it annoying that they remove so much clothing to get onto a scale that isn't even real. I think that in many ways, it is unnecessarily sensational and exploitive. Yet I'm also glad to see fat bodies "exposed" on telivision without only shame attached, and a good part of the show does show fat people doing things many thin people watching can't.

But at some point, they switch, and the women wear tank tops instead of the jog bras. It may be only at the finale, but I thought last season it was earlier.

onthetee
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I read a lot of posts on diet boards where people are just planning to have plastic surgery after their weight loss. Is everyone rich except for DH & I? I don't know but dropping $10-20K or more just isn't something in our budget. Ugh. I was hoping I would look great like they do. Hmmm.

Sorry...not meant to drag down the thread...just sayin'

I have a friend who had a tummy tuck and arm flaps removed this week. She and her husband are up to their noses in debt. They take only the best vacations, and three or four a year. Big house. Oversized vehicles. Lots of clothes, shoes and jewelry. They just chalked it up to another expense they could not live without.

I am guessing if you were a TBL contestant and had lifting done, the surgeon would be willing to give a substantial discount if he could advertise that he worked on you.

krjpy
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
On a slightly different issue I am suprised that some of the men now getting down under 250 are not showing more muscle tone. I weigh more than they do (right now) but still look slimmer because I have good muscle tone. They are all working out so much, where are the muscles? When I do strength training for a month I end up looking like an NFL linebacker. Still overweight yes...but maybe TV doesn't show muscles. Not sure but it seems the guys should be looking more muscular.

I thought Mark was starting to look more muscular on this last episode. I think that Trent is more muscular than you think, but still too much fat overlaying the muscles. I think he is going to be a buff big guy if he stays much longer (he is 1 of my favorites - it was the yoga)

Everyone's body build is different, having a six pack for abs is part gentic and part sweat equity. That body fat is going to keep melting at a high rate, but the muscle is going to be bulking up too, which is part of the reason you have a slow-down in the weight loss, they are still losing fat, but gaining muscle, the appearance changes more than the scale at that point.

scgirl32
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I think if you lose it at a 'normal' clip you should not have the skin issues people on the show do. I lost a 100lbs (sadly some if it came back slowly) over around year and half to two years.

I'll have to disagree with you here. I lost my weight over a two year span, losing about 1 to 2 lbs. a week. This was done with lots of cardio and weight training. And I was in my late 20s. And still I have *tons* of loose skin, particularly around my stomach where I carried most of my weight (I had been heavy all my life up until this point). I've been at this weight for a year, and my body fat percentage is currently 23%, so that's not a factor. The loose skin is more of a luck-of-the-draw type of thing. Some folks have it; some don't. The rapidity of weight loss or the incorporation of weight training may help reduce the skin issues, but it doesn't erase it.

kaplods
02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I was reading recently that skin elasticity is the biggest factor. Age plays some role (you lose skin elasticity as you age), but it's also genetic (as scgirl32 says the luck of the draw). I've heard the same about stretch marks, and I wonder whether stretchmarks are a predictor of "sag". I've had stretch marks since I was 11, so that makes me a little nervous.

Hun.e.B
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm kind of worried that she might pull a big loss, but say something that upsets Bob...maybe something about how he made her feel like a loser when he didn't pick her.

If she does I'll lose any liking of her whatsoever. To be complaining about it 2 weeks later, I mean c'mon! and what an insult to Jillian. Noone can MAKE you feel like a loser but yourself. And obviously the teams werent so unfair since Black won both the challenge and the weigh in this week. I still think its dan that upsets bob.

Nori71
02-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah I remember seeing the women switch to the tank tops at some point. Maybe just the finale though And not all the men took their shirts off at the finale either. I did see the older gentleman take it off.

WOW! I was looking at some pics of last finale and I don't remember seeing her in this dress! It did seem like most of them wore black. I would too!
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/images/photos/scet/1517/NUP_113769_0127.jpg

dixied
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Back to the moob topic....how the heck can those guys jog? Some of them are as big as I am, I can't imagine not wearing a sports bra when I run. I think they should let the guys wear them too. Of course half of my workout consits of getting the darned thing on sometimes, depending on which one I grab outta the drawer. ;)

NotTheCheat
02-07-2008, 05:16 PM

Another nay on this. I have lost at a slower than normal clip and I am having some major skin issues on my arms. I have done everthing "right" but the damage was already done. I am hoping it will spring back a bit, but I will probably never look anywhere near normal without surgery.

I was also thinking that either Brit or Bernie might lose a lot and then say something nasty to Bob.

SoulBliss
02-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I was also thinking that either Brit or Bernie might lose a lot and then say something nasty to Bob.

Unfortunately, this is possible. I just don't understand the need to be bitter and resentful, especially when achieving goals. I mean really...Celebrate! You are where you want to be, right?

Hun.e.B
02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree SB, all that bitterness and negativity only hurts yourself. You get back what you put out into the world, and at this point how can they feel they got the short end of the stick? She lost more with Jillian!

Nori71
02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah whether or not they are as upset as the editing makes them out to be - it does seem strange.

RE: loose skin. I lost nearly 120 pounds 10 years ago and had almost no skin issues. The area I did notice it was behind my knees - but as my legs toned up (leg work and jogging) it seemed to lift - or readjusted at least due to my quads filling out. Since I have gained all my weight back plus have had 2 kiddos (back to back in a 16 month time frame with hardly a single crunch in between!) my body is different. For sure I'm expecting some tummy/saddlebag hang.

chick_in_the_hat
02-07-2008, 06:24 PM
LOL, this cracks me up everytime I read it, what exactly is an eye taco? I've never heard that phrase before! I love Rocco!

It comes from the Mexican side of the family...Taco de Ojo...loosely translated as "something tasty for the eyes". :D

chick_in_the_hat
02-07-2008, 06:25 PM
floobs? :D

:rofl: Poifect.

chick_in_the_hat
02-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Loose skin? I have plenty...3 years later (after losing 100 pounds over the course of a year). Given I still need to lose another 20 pounds or so...but it can't be complete denial that some of this isn't permanent. That being said I think I look pretty good with clothes on. You won't see me in a mini skirt...but we'll chalk that up to a good thing. ;)

onthetee
02-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I have no problem considering a tummy tuck if our financial situation is right. My babies were huge, one was a c/sec...my tummy has been through a lot.

diamondgeog
02-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Sorry about the loose skin. It never happens to me. But I have been gifted with good skin my whole life. People think I look 10 years younger than I am.

One thing I might suggest is Andrew Lessman products. BEST, by far, supplements I have ever taken. He has a hair, skin, and nails product. My wife swears by it for her nails and I think my hair has gotten thicker. Not sure if it would help elestacity (sp) or not. But it does work from the inside out which is the smart way for a product to work.

We also really like his CQ10 products, green foods complex, omega 3, and urgent energy is worth a try. It is a good energy boost and feel good product without being in any way addictive and does not make you jittery. The best thing about buying from him is I know what is on the label is in the product.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
One thing to remember about flabby tummies is that its not only the loose skin. For those of us who've been pregnant or carried a lot of excess weight in our abdominal area, the fascia (the connective tissue layer that holds everything in) gets stretched. No amount of crunches, situps or weight loss will totally tighten this area. The only way to tighten this tissue is with a tummy tuck.

BTW, has anybody ever tried the Tummy Tuck Jeans? I'm thinking these might be a great investment when I get to goal. A lot cheaper than a tummy tuck!

sportmom
02-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Having had 2 c/sections after laboring with 9+ lb babies with bowling ball heads (no, I wasn't diabetic), I can't imagine enduring the pain of a tummy tuck! Has anyone here had both - and can you describe if the tuck hurts as much as a C?

Hun.e.B
02-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Well I've never had a tummy tuck so this is just my opinion, but I would venture to say that it would hurt much worse than a c-section. Of course, my c-section wasnt that bad, I didnt think it hurt all that much, the vag. delivery was more painful in recovery. With the tummy tuck they take all that skin and pull it down tight...thats gotta hurt to heal!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Well, I am the queen of abdominal surgeries.

1993, I had a fibroid removed.
1996, C-section.
1999, another C-section.
2005, a full abdominal hysterectomy....this one hurt!

I've heard that the tummy tuck pain depends quite a bit on how tight the doctor makes the fascia. The tighter the doctor makes it, the more pain there is. I know that Meg has had a lot of this stuff done. Despite the pain, I'd do it in a hearbeat....if I win the lottery! I'd also get the "girls" lifted a bit, but that's TMI, huh? :D

Hun.e.B
02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
LOL I'd get the girls lifted too, not implants just a lift. Of course that'd make em smaller but I'd rather be small and in place than large and swinging to and fro!

sportmom
02-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Well, you all have convinced me then!! I wouldn't want a reduction for the same reason - I heard they are dreadful to recover from, with drains inserted - gah!

Shay
02-08-2008, 06:23 PM
sportmom--ROTFL about what you said about your babies. Maybe it was that funny to me because I've never had kids.

Loose skin--I lost 130 pounds over 2 years. No loose skin. Stretch marks galore though.

onthetee
02-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I often have said that I just want the girls back where they started. I am an eternal breastfeeder, but our last kid is three and hopefully will wean soon. It will be interesting to see where everything lands. Tummy tuck and breast lift would be lovely.

I was smart to have waited until I did for the right man and the right situation to have my kids. But I am fairly certain that if I had them 10 years earlier, my body would not have been demolished.

Tina30
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I want a tummy tuck, after 3 kids my stomach is just shot. It's just loose skin that hangs, and like Rhonda said no amount of ab work will ever tighten it. It needs to be removed. I watch Nip/Tuck though, and yes I know it's just a show, but the whole procedure looks scary to me. I've heard that afterwards it's not so much of a pain, but your very uncomfortable...does that make sense? The tightness is really intense I've heard. I don't know I would love to have it done, but then again if I had that done I'd have to have the girls fixed and then heck why not shave a little off my thighs and rear!LOL! I know I wouldn't just be happy with fixing my stomach, and I don't think I could handle all the other stuff. When I've seen people having liposuction on tv it literally makes me sick....it just looks so barbaric. Their so rough and the brusing is insane afterwards. I don't know in clothes I look pretty good, and the only one to see me naked besides myself is my husband, and he doesn't seem to mind. Heck I think the new style is letting a little flab hang out...all these young girls just let their tummies hang out over their jeans, and they don't seem to care at all. God I really just went on a rampage, didn't I?

Diva
02-08-2008, 09:11 PM
What really sucks about this for me is I want to look better and be able to wear sexy outfits for my man. Not to mention feel comfortable in a swim suit. If I have lose skin I'll still be just as insecure as I am now I think. We can't afford cosmetic surgery and after they almost killed me last time just having an ovary removed I don't think I EVER want to have surgery again. Ya do good to get me into the doctor's office now, lol! Anyways, I hope I don't have a lot of lose skin. I know I will in my tummy area because I already have the pooch as it is. It would totally bite to STILL have body image issues after I struggle to lose all this fat.

vixjean
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
WHAT?! to go back to an earlier comment, they don't sell the shirts in plus sizes for biggest looser??? And all this talk about Rocco and Bob being HOT, yecky. They are too skinny for me!

Yellofly
02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
WHAT?! to go back to an earlier comment, they don't sell the shirts in plus sizes for biggest looser???

I'm rather surprised about that too. Maybe their excuse is that the shirts are supposed to be "goal" shirts? (ie: in XX pounds, I'll be able to wear a TBL shirt)

I dunno, sounds odd.

-Yello.

kaplods
02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I think their rationale is that really fat people (over 1X or 2X) are the minority, and they aren't marketing to the minority. It's a financial decision not a philisophical one.

YWeight
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Predictions for tonight anyone?

dixied
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I can't believe Bob was acting like that about therapy. Who cares if it was Jillian's mom.

Dang, these folks have ISSUES.

onthetee
02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I hope lightning strikes Mark RIGHT NOW!

onthetee
02-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Darn....didn't happen.

Shay
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
This would be the opportunity to send Mark home....not smart for Trent to me to offer himself up. Maybe if Roger and Dan vote for Mark. Come on...

Purplefirefly
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I am really trying to like Bob this season but GRRRR come on! Walking out on your team because they fell short by 1 pound? I know he was :mad: they lost again but come on...he needs to stand by his team no matter what. It makes it feel worse for his team, he needs to think a bit more about them, and a bit less about his wanting to win.

Brit's 1 lb....wow. Something has to be up with her, right? And Maggie did NOT deserve immunity, but whatever :rolleyes:

KELLY STOP CRYING ALREADY, sheesh! They would be stupid to send her or the ex home because they pull good numbers...she has to realize they have a brain and stop the tears over it.

Shay
02-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Okay didn't happen. I hope Trent looks good. He does and his son is precious.

Going home will be interesting

dixied
02-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Trent's baby is so cute.

So who do you think will really screw up by being at home next week?

Shay
02-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I love myself some Bob but I didn't like his gameplay speech or his walking off today. SMH this season with Bob.

Shay
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Trent's son is almost a dead ringer for my friend's 7 month year old son.

ksk571
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Darn. I really like Trent. He looks good now. And how sweet was the pep rally! And his baby is ADORABLE!

Purplefirefly
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Bob telling them to go ahead with whatever game play they needed to do was a complete turn around from his getting mad at the water logging earlier in the show. It's like now that it's his team that he picked, he has no problem winning at all costs. He just wants to win and it doesn't matter HOW they win. Very sad. I would love to see him win, but winning just isn't as impresive when you have to stack the deck and cheat to get there. Disappointing that he doesn't see that.

dixied
02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I love myself some Bob but I didn't like his gameplay speech or his walking off today. SMH this season with Bob.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in Bobalicous this week.

Has there ever been another contestant who offered themselves up as a sacrifice? I can't rememer anyone else doing that.

sportmom
02-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Yeah, it's happened a few times. Usually someone who's injured or just miserably homesick. I kept wondering too why kelly was so focused on getting the boot. I was racking my brain and coming up with nothing. I mean, she even still had her partner to pull for her, unlike some of them.

How anticlimatic that Bob just walked off bc, well, bc he was a bad sport. That team there did look pretty sad alone. Like all of you, I was waiting for the Brit snide comment about 'how does it feel now' but that didn't happen. BOy you could see that VEIN bulging out the side of his forehead, couldn't you? He was NOT a happy camper.

kaplods
02-12-2008, 11:26 PM
After reading more of Kai's blog about TBL during her season there, and watching the show more carefully, I'm more convinced that we can't believe that anything is remotely what it seems. It seems that the producers may be behind more of the contestant and trainers behaviors and the outcomes of the challenges and weigh-ins. It almost seems like they thought "wouldn't it be cool, if we have one of the trainers get to pick what seems like the team with a huge advantage, and then have the underdog team win two weeks in a row - wouldn't that be cool?"

Trent was the biggest loser so far, and even tonight they didn't really clarify why he was going home, but his friend pretty much spilled the beans when he mentioned that Trent had to have his knee "worked on." Ah, now this makes sense - and last week makes more sense too, except that the "bait and switch" kept him on another week despite his needing knee surgery?

While I was watching, I channel surfed during commercials and saw that Big Brother House (which I normally wouldn't watch five minutes of) announced that they were pairing up people for Big Brother Couples - and the real hook - the contestants did not know they were being hooked up. A pair of ex-fiances were hooked up. Also a girlfriend and boyfriend were both put on the show and were assigned different partners. The rest were strangers paired up with strangers AND they have to share beds like "real" couples (Two couples per bedroom. I did not get to see whether girlfriend/boyfriend are sharing the same bedroom with different bed partners). So much for the theory that a reality show wouldn't assign co-ed strangers to the same a bedroom.

Reading more about reality shows in general, it seems that you literally can sign away all of your rights against everything but intentional murder. Parents of kid nation particpants promised among other things, not to hold the show responsible if their child became seriously injured, got pregnant, or got an STD on the show (weren't some of those kids like 10?)

I think this is finally the last straw for me. It's going to be hard, because I really want to see what happens next week, but I know that these shows are going to get worse and worse as long as people are watching. The shows keep pushing the envelope and people keep watching. We are going to end up with a Running Man scenario where people watch specifically to see someone die.

NemesisClaws
02-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Kaplods: I sincerely hope we never get to the point of watching Running Man in real life here. I am a bit frustrated with this show so far because they literally leave you guessing, as in the case of Trent needing his knees worked on. If it hadn't been for his teammate mentioning that, we would still never know. Mainly I'm watching this show for inspiration, to see folks lose the weight and feel good about themselves. And by the by, I can't stand Big Brother myself...ugh...

I was really ticked with Bob's behaviour in walking out like that. His team really did bust their butts here, and it's just a fluke that they only lost by one pound. It's not like they GAINED here! This show is supposed to be about helping folks lose the weight, not about gameplay. In the end, all the money in the world ain't gonna make you happy if you're not happy with yourself.

As for that whole therapy, I missed the first hour of it due to running errands, but what little bit I did catch, I was a bit uneasy about watching. For one thing, this is all incredibly private, and I felt like I was intruding on someone's elses pain. While I understand the show's intent in showing us this, I also would've never said anything on TV if that had been me....

And finally....Kelly....is she ever gonna stop the waterworks?

Catsgetnhealthy
02-13-2008, 12:28 AM
I am really trying to like Bob this season but GRRRR come on! Walking out on your team because they fell short by 1 pound? I know he was they lost again but come on...he needs to stand by his team no matter what. It makes it feel worse for his team, he needs to think a bit more about them, and a bit less about his wanting to win.

I thought he walked off upset that one of his guys will be leaving, not so much that they lost. And I also think his speech earlier was said basically to see where these guys heads are at, their reasons for being there. I can't see Bob in the "win at all costs" light. He's more invested in the people than that.

kaplods
02-13-2008, 01:07 AM
In some ways, I think we're already at Running Man. While I've watched Project Runway, Top Chef, and other contest shows including a couple episodes of Fear Factor, TBL is the only "life in a bubble" reality show that I've watched. Except for Project Runway, it's the only unscripted show I've watched on a weekly basis. But the glimpses of some of the other reality shows and pseudo-documentaries are pretty disturbing. Celebrity Rehab, the Juvie Detention show (don't remember what it was called) and the Brookhaven clinic one (with the super morbidly obese), they all delve into people's very, very personal lives with little regard to the consequences. The juvie show disturbs me the most, because the kids may not fully grasp the ways in which having their faces on national television could impact on the rest of their lives. Imagine applying for a job interview at 25 and having the intevierwer ask "Didn't I see you on Juvie Jail, weren't you the girl with the crack-whore mother?"

Confidentiality is often an important part of treatment, and I think dismissing it so lightly has more negative impact than positive. Even with the weight loss shows, I wonder what the impact psychologically is on contestants who lose all their weight on national telivision only to gain it back. If someone suicides as a result, harms themselves or harms others, is the show (and indirectly the audience) not at least partially part of the problem if not directly to blame?

I wonder, do reality shows affect people's level of empathy, and if so - positively, or negatively?

I don't know, I'm thinking it's a bigger moral dilemma than just simple "harmless" entertainment.

HoosierHeather
02-13-2008, 08:18 AM
As for that whole therapy, I missed the first hour of it due to running errands, but what little bit I did catch, I was a bit uneasy about watching. For one thing, this is all incredibly private, and I felt like I was intruding on someone's elses pain. While I understand the show's intent in showing us this, I also would've never said anything on TV if that had been me....

And finally....Kelly....is she ever gonna stop the waterworks?

ITA... And Bernie didn't do therapy (or I spaced out? :) ) or he did, but they didn't show it, but they never mentioned it? Anyone else think that was odd?

But yes, I agree, I was really uncomfortable watching that part. But it's like a previous poster said, these people are willing to do anything to be on this show and win the money apparently. I have some horrible deep-rooted issues but I would NOT discuss them openly on national TV. Some things are personal, some things are sacred, you know? But to some people, nothing is.

And Kelly. Man. Wah wah wah.

scgirl32
02-13-2008, 09:14 AM
To be honest, with the camera angle and everything, the shot of Bob "storming out" of the weigh in could have just been a shot of Bob leaving the room after everything was done. We all know that these shows aren't "reality." I know that on some shows (The Amazing Race and Project Runway, in particular), they'll splice together reaction shots and comments. So, you'll see one thing, see a reaction shot, and you're meant to assume that it was a reaction to what you just saw. But in reality, the reaction shot was to something totally unrelated.

I also think that the producers are making a concerted effort to make Jillian more like-able. She had a contract holdout and left the show (that's why they brought in Kim). Now that she's back, perhaps she doesn't want to be seen as the "bad guy" to Bob's "good guy" anymore. And perhaps Bob doesn't want to be seen as the "weak" trainer.

As for Bernie not having a therapy session, I've got to say that, if I was on the show, I'd be kind of mad if they forced me into a therapy session that was going to be filmed and shown on national television. It's one thing to show people struggling with weight loss. It's another to air all of their long-held internal issues and problems (many, if not most, of which won't be resolved on a tv show) for the whole world to see. Plus, I don't think that a drop in by Jillian's mom to uncover all these issues is going to do jack squat to resolve them. I've visited a therapist before, but I have to say that I would have gone on the hike with Bob instead of talking with Jillian's mom.

Purplefirefly
02-13-2008, 09:39 AM
On the therapy...we don't know that they were "forced" into anything. Bernie wasn't shown, so he might have opted not to have it shown on TV or not to do it at all, so there is no evidence they were forced to do this. I wouldn't do it either with cameras in the room...but I might without cameras, more than likely I'd have opted not to do it. there just is no proof they HAD to do it and/or HAD to have it taped. There is a reason Bernie didn't do it, so to me that goes to some proof they weren't forced to do it, or at least to have it taped.

When it comes to bingers and emotional eaters I absolutely believe that if you don't uncover why it is you eat like that, you will likely put the weight back on because you have not dealt with those issues...or, you will deal with those issues in another, probably just as destructive way. it's abuse on your body, using food like a drug, and there is a reason for that. When i started dealing with my issues the ways my past tied to my eating today amazed me. And this has been so much easier since I understood the roots of my eating problems.

But, I don't know that Jillian's mom really helped them get it out or not...one session is definitely not enough, esp. with traumatic abuse in the past, but hopefully it opened that door so they could dig deeper themselves and see the connections to their weight.

scgirl32
02-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Also, for all we know, Bernie's session might have just been considered too "boring" to show! Not every overweight person has a dramatic story to tell about why he/she is fat.

Hun.e.B
02-13-2008, 10:49 AM
I think its interesting how the viewers are so quick to make such harsh character judgements of the people on the show. For instance, bob walking off. We only know what the producers showed us. We dont know if he didnt give a speech to his team, we dont know exactly what happened. scgirl makes some very good points. And yet, Bob, who we all came to know as a very loving caring man is now labeled, cheater, poor sport, poor loser, among other insinuations. Remember how they used to portray Jillian as nothing but a cold hearted, hard nosed, B@tch. she even stopped doing the show because of it. Doesnt it seem to anyone else that the producers are changing Bobs image this time around?

I'm at the point where I dont want to see anyone go home. Well except the black team, good **** with those people! I'm so sick of seeing Brittney appear to look over at Bob everytime something happens. And Whats her Name with the crying...it never bothered me till this episode. I like Mark, and I thought he was totally justified in snipping at Allison. She was almost cheering for him to fall and thats hard on the concentration. She wasnt doing it to anyone else.

Thats all I can think of right now, I'm sure more will come to me LOL!

Hun.e.B
02-13-2008, 10:50 AM
OH! Paul's therapy session...OMG!! Bawling here! Poor guy has really been through it hasnt he. Certainly explains alot!

dwnloom
02-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Can someone tell me a quick description of the show from last night? Our power went out.

I have gathered some stuff, but it would be nice to hear more.

Thanks,

Dawn

dixied
02-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't have a problem with Bob walking off, but I do with his making light of therapy. I agree that one session (OMG I hate that word now) won't fix someone but at least maybe they will become aware of situations that have caused them to turn to food for comfort. Not that everyone who needs to lose weight has issues like these, but it did get me started thinking about my own situation, and I realize there is something that I probably do need to get help with.

As for the cameras in the therapy sessions, I thought that was just odd. I guess though that if you're the kind of person who can strip down to spandex shorts and a sports bra and step on the scale on national TV, you don't think twice about outing the skeletons in your closet on TV.

krjpy
02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
I think Bob's walking off had more to do with him and less to do with any kind of disappointment with his team. I think he is just upset that his best never semms to really be good enough, and to lose a person on your team for 1 pound, that had to hurt. I just hink he couldn't watch anymore ... that being said, I think he needed to "be a man" (whatever that really means ... I think is is kind of the same as "putting your big girl panties on") and stand there with them. I also think he needed to take some ownership (not all of it) for their failing to beat the Black Team.

I also have to agree with most everyone else ... Kelly needs to suck it up and STOP CRYING! I was yelling at the screen last night:D.

Ilene
02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
It is so interesting reading everyone's opinion.... I suppose that is why we keep watching the show :lol: ... I enjoyed the episode last night, drama and all, even if the drama was because of editing :lol:

ggmugsy
02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
That thing on the right side of Bob's head is a vein??

They sure had a bad camera angle because his head looked totally crooked.

I think last week in the teaser clip the narration had something about "A trainer storming out." He was casually walking. He wasn't "storming out" in my opinion.

Jillian comes from some good, thin genes. Her mom is quite pretty.

I was proud of Dan making nice. I felt the blue team was truly remorseful for lying to him. Sometimes you just gotta fake it 'til you make it.

I would like to chase Kelly down with my big Dodge Ram and give her something to truly cry about.

Ilene
02-13-2008, 01:18 PM
I would like to chase Kelly down with my big Dodge Ram and give her something to truly cry about.:lol3: ....

krjpy
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Jillian comes from some good, thin genes. Her mom is quite pretty.

I was listening to one of Jillian's radio shows and evidently she was heavy as a child and didn't thin out until she got into martial arts and bettered her self esteem.

ennay
02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I just finished watching and was bawling like a baby when Trent left. I was praying they were going to do a double cross and send either mark or dan home (not that they would, but they should get rid of mark soon...he could win this.)

I have no use for kelly.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok...I'm going on record here....I despise Mark! How dare he speak to Allison like that! He's an A## and needs to be sent packing....the sooner the better!

For me, I'd much rather go hiking with the guys then sit around talking about my issues with a therapist. Reflection and "digging" deep has never helped me lose 1 solitary pound. It just digs up those negative feelings and makes me run for the kitchen for my medication of choice. I guess I'm more of a "just do it" kinda gal. (Please don't shoot me!)

NotTheCheat
02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Important Ė If you do not want spoilers before the show do not go to the NBC Biggest Loser website. It may have been a one-time fluke, but I went there yesterday afternoon to look at clips and they already had one up about Trent going home. I wasnít able to load it and watch it, but I could see the title up on the site.

They also have a clip with Kae and Nicole visiting the blue team and Jim visiting the black team. I thought it was really weird that they left that out of the episode.

I am another Mark hater. The man has no shame. He keeps talking like he is going to take one for the team and be the one to leave, but there is no way he would do that without a fight.

I am starting to wonder if Jay has some type of male hormonal imbalance. It would make sense with the boob issues and the slower weight loss. I know it is a lot rarer for men to have those issues than women, but it is possible.

I was also proud of Dan for making nice, even if it wasnít wholehearted.

Hun.e.B
02-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I guess I dont understand everyone's hatred of Mark. Could someone please explain cuz I just dont get it. He very well could win this and IMHO deserves too, he's worked his butt off.

That challenge was totally unfair to those that have lost big numbers. And one of the black team had 1/2 their weight. Was anyone really shocked that blue lost? I mean c'mon.

I would have yelled at Allison too. I had to go watch it again to make sure I got it right the first time but she was entirely too cheerful to see Mark wobbling which I found incredibly unfair and distracting to him. He was already holding over 100 lbs its not fair to have someone cheering for him to fall. IMO she deserved it, it seemed to me she wanted him to fall and as the host shouldnt be cheering for one side or the other.

dixied
02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
The main reason I don't like Mark is because he reminds me of my BILs.

Another reason why I don't like Mark is this; last night before they started the challenge, he was saying that it was "HUGE" and acting like they had to win, after they lost he was all "we didn't want to make that choice, it will be negative". Umm, what? I think he's completely two-faced and it will show in the end. It will come down to a choice between him choosing weaker players to remain in the game or Jay and he'll sellout his own brother, because he'll be the bigger threat. I think the way we've seen him treat Jay is his normal operating procedure with anyone he thinks is "weaker", he seems like a bully to me. Of course, that could all be clever editing, he might be the greatest guy in the world.

Tina30
02-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I have to say that Bob acted like a baby last night...I love me some Bob, but he would've been pissed if one of the guys walked off like that. You can't win them all and I just don't think it sent a great message about what this should really all be about! I have to agree with Kelly and the crying...I swear the women cries every single show....and it's at the drop of a hat. I mean Allison should give her the name of who to contact to get on a soap herself. Give me a dang break already:) Poor Paul sounds like that man had an awful childhood...I hope can find a way to heal from it. Also my little Brittany...I just want to put that girl in my pocket and take her home with me. Ahh and Bernie he is too funny. What did he say something about he got the looks and laughs the only thing is his weight...I was dying. He just seems like a genuine guy. I was sad to see Trent go...I really liked him, but you could tell he was ready to go. He looked great in his follow-up and I have no doubt he will continue to do great. He was there for the "real reason" and he got it...his little boy was to die for:) I can't believe how good Roger is looking also...he's lost a ton of weight.

Shay
02-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Trent's baby was so precious. I have to tell my friend about that.

Allison's comment to Mark was funny to me.

I don't like Mark because is an arrogant a**hole! Once he treated his brother that way earlier in the season I was done with him. Jay seems to bow down him.

This show is kind of getting like American Idol with me. I am so near done with both of them. I almost made the decision not to watch last night.

kaplods
02-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I think the shows' attempts to increase the drama and excitement are actually making it less watchable for me. The moral dilemma makes me feel a little dirty from watching, but doesn't actually stop me from watching, and I rationalize it, rightly or wrongly, by the fact these people volunteered for this (even if they didn't quite know what they were in for).

I knew that black team had won the weigh-in when they were showing the clips during the inteview, because they were all pointing toward black team having lost. Reverse-psychology doesn't work if it's predictable.

Also, the over-the-top displays of emotions are getting more and more frequent. I can watch blood and guts surgery and crime shows, but I'm very squeamish when it comes to watching too much raw emotion (whether it's fake or not). I've even changed the channel when a cartoon character was being intentionally embarassed. I can't watch soap operas. My husband calls it a "sap allergy."

I think in earlier seasons, there was definitely more of a balance between what I felt was the good and bad of the show. This season it seems to be tipping very much in the bad direction for me, and I may just have to face that it's reached the more bad than good and it's time for me to stop watching.

vixjean
02-14-2008, 12:34 AM
About Alison- SHE IS SOOO CHEESY!! I think I know her script better than she does. She is a horrible host, but so is the one from bb (i am not watching this season bb). On survivor, the host is great, but again these shows are SOOOO predictable. Alison totally deserved Mark's little dig on her, talk about drama, that was so raw!---Loved it!
Mark- yes, total bully... he might just win it
Brittney & Bernie- LOVE THEM! (Although, get over the damn Bob thing already)
Kelley- okay, I AM A CRYER too, but get over it. And then Alison asking her every second how is she doing, OMG, shut up Alison.

Jen415
02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
SO MUCH WORD on the following:
--Mark being an a**
--Kelly being a crybaby
--Alison's commentary during challenges needs to STOP!

The one GOOD thing: I cannot remember a single intentional product placement last night--hooray!!

YWeight
02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Product placement....At the beginning when Dan was talking about staying away from the team for a little while. He said he ate breakfast by himself, as he was saying it you saw a shot of him opening and pouring the pack of Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal in the bowl.

zinkemomx2
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Product placement....At the beginning when Dan was talking about staying away from the team for a little while. He said he ate breakfast by himself, as he was saying it you saw a shot of him opening and pouring the pack of Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal in the bowl.

I noticed the oatmeal but at least there were no gum in sight.

kaplods
02-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I think the crying is almost intentional to get more screen time. Even with the money, I think you have to be at least a little attention-seeking to be on a reality show. I think some people are thinking that they will be "discovered" on the show, or at least are looking forward to becoming famous.

I think it was the first weigh-in where someone started crying after they got on the scale because it wasn't very much (maybe someone from purple team?) and then Kelly started balling and she hadn't even weighed in yet. It seemed like a crying competition. Then again, I get teary-eyed easily, and my voice will crack, but I can't remember the last time I sobbed. Oh, wait I do - I was on the diet drug Meridia - it messed with my emotions big time.

I have to admit though, my tendency NOT to cry and my sap allergy make me more cynical about the cryers' motivations. I don't think the show would be displaying so much of the emotional stuff if they didn't have good reason to believe it helped ratings, so a lot of people must love this stuff - or love to hate it enough to enjoy watching. I end up channel surfing as soon as the crying starts or things like the sad music while showing family photo montages. Isn't it so sad that these people aren't able to see and talk with their families? But, wait they could if the show let them, and the only reason the show doesn't let them is for dramatic purposes, and people know this going in. Kind of ruins the sincerity of the emotion for me, so I check out for a few minutes and hopefully come back during a challenge or something.

ennay
02-14-2008, 05:05 PM
All of this is why I will only watch this show on TIVO. As soon as any of the pseudo drama starts up I ff to the next challeng, workout or weigh in scene. I have seen enough to agree that Mark is an a$$ although I also know that they are casting him in that light, but some of it has to be real.

I love Brittany mostly because of the escalator challenge. She is tougher than she looks.

NotTheCheat
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
One thing I keep thinking about with the crying is how I have felt occasionally when I have been pushed to my physical limits. This happened a few times at my highest weight when my body was very close to shutting down and saying “enough!” I got EXTREMELY emotional. I mean PMS times 100. I cannot imagine how close these people are to exhaustion all the time with the amount of effort they are putting in and it must put them on edge emotionally. I am pretty sure it would do that to me, and I am not normally a crier. Also for the women losing lots of weight it is probably throwing their hormones way out of balance and causing mood swings that way as well.

That doesn’t mean that it isn’t somewhat annoying to watch, but I do understand where it might be coming from.

Tina30
02-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Gotta love tivo...I would go mad if I didn't have it, especially during this show~

Jen415
02-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Amen about TiVo....I definitely FF through many parts of this show!

Shay
02-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Reality shows in general are getting on my nerves. At first I just stayed away and now I watch quite a few. They are basically over produced. I find myself channel surfing and flipping back and forth during the crying too. I used to be like Kelly when I was younger--middle school. I would cry at anything but people started to see that as a weakness like they could walk all over me. I snapped out of that quick.

onthetee
02-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I want to know what Dan's parents do. Their house is GORGEOUS.

dixied
02-19-2008, 09:39 PM
I think that Jackie said they ran a foundation that works with kids?

onthetee
02-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I think that Jackie said they ran a foundation that works with kids?

Two words: IRS Investigation ;)

JennyRaye
02-19-2008, 09:41 PM
New to the board--watching TBL right now. My question--what is with these families and the food (junk) they are throwing in front of their loved ones as they return? C'mon--Mark's and Jay's families had a buffet made up of brownies and cinnamon rolls from the looks of it.

dixied
02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I really hope Dan gets a haircut while he's at home.

dixied
02-19-2008, 09:44 PM
New to the board--watching TBL right now. My question--what is with these families and the food (junk) they are throwing in front of their loved ones as they return? C'mon--Mark's and Jay's families had a buffet made up of brownies and cinnamon rolls from the looks of it.

I thought the same thing. I'd throw a major hissy if my family tried to do that to me.

Editing to add: Welcome to the boards!

JennyRaye
02-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I thought the same thing. I'd throw a major hissy if my family tried to do that to me.

Editing to add: Welcome to the boards!

Thanks!

Truly--my jaw hit the ground when I saw that spread. No support--I was impressed that Jay went through and pitched all the junk--or was it Mark?

dixied
02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Two words: IRS Investigation ;)

Maybe Mr. Jackie had a trust fund? Or a $$$ job?

Thanks!

Truly--my jaw hit the ground when I saw that spread. No support--I was impressed that Jay went through and pitched all the junk--or was it Mark?

That was Mark. His kid was funny, hiding under the table like that.

dixied
02-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Has anyone actually tried those ziploc bags?

onthetee
02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Has anyone actually tried those ziploc bags?

I haven't specifically because of the leaching. I don't care what they say. Plastic is going to leach something, and if it is that flexible, there are pthalates in them.

missingmyerica
02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
OMG....Paul cracked like an egg at home! Chicken wings? Yikes.

onthetee
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Yay Black team challenge!!! The problem is that the blue team all did so well while they were away, and the black team (PAUL!) was not so good.

missingmyerica
02-19-2008, 10:16 PM
OMG....16 and 11 pounds!!! Whoa....no way black team is winning this week! I'm so mad at Paul. grrr.

Diva
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM

I liked that Mark went and tossed all that junk too especially since the wife also wants to lose and they want to teach their kids to eat healthy and not eat junk. What better time than when they are young?

What amazed me and what I thought was unfair as **** was their families having these things around when they all KNOW what they are trying to do. I thought the family and friends were VERY insensitive. I would have gotten pissed and went off on all of them. I'm busting my butt trying to lose weight and my 1st visit home and they wanna shove JUNK in my face! WTF?!:mad:

dixied
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Yay Black team challenge!!! The problem is that the blue team all did so well while they were away, and the black team (PAUL!) was not so good.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he'll do well at the finale. His girlfriend didn't seem like she was trying to lose weight at all, whereas everyone else had support or spouses that were either trying to be healthy while the contestant was away or really tiny already, like Paige, Roger's wife.

That support system can make or break you.

missingmyerica
02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't see Paul doing well either. Even though he annoys me, I think Mark is a fierce competitor and will do well no matter what. He looks amazing and you can tell he really wants it.

Diva
02-19-2008, 10:31 PM
OMG! Jay, as handsome as he is has some serious man boobs! :fr: They did a great job losing weight though! WTG Blue team!

missingmyerica
02-19-2008, 10:34 PM
OMG! Jay, as handsome as he is has some serious man boobs! :fr: They did a great job losing weight though! WTG Blue team!

I can't watch when he weighs in because of those man boobs! Moobs? I think they're called that. He looks great otherwise and I'm so happy for him this week.

onthetee
02-19-2008, 10:36 PM
You know they are saving Paul for last.

I think it is sad that losses of 5 or 6 are considered "not good enough".

Andi18
02-19-2008, 10:36 PM

LOL OMG I was thinking the same thing during this episode and every episode prior. Holy Man Boobs Batman!

Nori71
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm on West Coast, so it hasn't aired yet (yeah, I was the kid always peeking in Christmas presents too!), but this is the thing that bothers me the most.

Diva
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
You know they are saving Paul for last.

I know right. I'd be OVERJOYED at losing 5 or 6 lbs in 1 week.

Diva
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Crossing finger's that paul's smug behind goes home! I simply cannot stand him.

missingmyerica
02-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow....Paul is really acting like a jerk. The best thing for Kelly will be Paul going home. Their relationship is obviously toxic and they need to move on with their lives. I hope Kelly voted for Paul.

Diva
02-19-2008, 10:56 PM
:cp::high: YAY!!!! :dance: :dancer: :woohoo:

missingmyerica
02-19-2008, 11:00 PM
OMG.....what happens next week??????????? Why is everyone crying??? I hate cliffhangers!

NemesisClaws
02-19-2008, 11:41 PM
:dizzy:My 2 cents as usual....

there is a moment when Paul is at home, and has recorded himself in a steaming hot tub, with a coke nearby, and saying that "it's been a rough week so far"....I love to have his rough week!!! Goodness...:dizzy:
the family and friends for the most part, and this was particularly true in Paul's case, were so NOT supportive. I couldn't believe how one scene had Paul's family and friends egging him on with the hot wings and a sky high cake! What the heck???:mad: I couldn't believe how in the majority of the contestant's reunions, there was plenty of sweets and fattening foods galore....doesn't sound to me like the family and friends really understood the whole concept of losing weight here....:?:
one thing that I kept looking for was scenes of everyone exercising at least while at home. while they showed a few, for the most part, one was left with the impression that everyone else didn't really do much. so I was very surprised by the massive amount of weight loss on the blue team, but not so on the black team....
and finally, I can't believe they voted off Paul...think about this now...he's their biggest player with a lot to lose, and they're competing against an all male team....therefore, you need a big hitter on your team as well, and I'm sorry, but Bernie hasn't been doing too hot in that dept. The previews for next week was a huge spoiler in itself! I immediately recognized in one scene the elimination room, so obviously the blue team lost....one wonders why though...unless after such huge numbers this week, their bodies went on strike....

zinkemomx2
02-19-2008, 11:51 PM
I think Paul was doing okay in the house. He seems to me to thrive on the competitive spirit. At home with people shoving food in his face it his only competition is going to see who can eat the most chicken wings. I was so hoping it was just editing that they sat down three plates full in front of him.

I liked that Bernie said something to his mom about the sweets. I did want to smack her silly though when she replied that not everyone is on a diet. I also can't believe he willing went into that bakery.

I think the Blue team has a lot more support at home. While there were sweets there the wives were encouraging the guys to eat healthy and to think of the kids. The Black team doesn't have that spousal support.

I don't remember in all the past seasons if anyone ever didn't have a nice house. By the looks of things they could all have afforded personal trainers, IMO.

NemesisClaws
02-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't remember in all the past seasons if anyone ever didn't have a nice house. By the looks of things they could all have afforded personal trainers, IMO.

Exactly!!! I have yet to see one contestant that's from the projects, or lives in a trailer at least....

practiceliving
02-20-2008, 01:42 AM

This made me sad too.

I feel like this is one of those weeks where a LOT must have been edited out, or something fishy is going on. That huge difference in WIs (double digits for all the blues?!!?) can't just come down to behaviour at home, y'know? Just being on an airplane 2x in a week would have me up a couple pounds! ;)

practiceliving
02-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Also - Paul's girlfriend sure does look like similar to Kelly, eh?

onthetee
02-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I did want to smack her silly though when she replied that not everyone is on a diet.

The Black team doesn't have that spousal support.

Yeah, Bernie's mom put in a lot of effort for his homecoming! Store-bought pastries. Nice.

But the Black team has more control over their lives, which I think is a plus. When I was single, I worked out all the time, I bought whatever food I wanted (not pop-tarts and canned peaches, which, thankfully I have weaned DH from), and I was not trying to accommodate the schedules and whims of three other people. I did not always make great choices, especially when I was working and in grad school, but I had more control over what I did.

While they may have nice houses, that may not be an indicator of wealth. There are many people in my uppity neighborhood who cannot afford to be here. And remember Julie? She was in a dinky little apartment.

Yeah, noticed that immediately.

SoulBliss
02-20-2008, 10:46 AM

Same crunchy-permed hair and all.

Diva
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
HA! I noticed that too.

Also, maybe I am just nit-picky, but Paul and his family all have whiney, annoying little voices, LOL! They grated on my last nerve.

ksk571
02-20-2008, 11:08 AM
HA! I noticed that too.

Also, maybe I am just nit-picky, but Paul and his family all have whiney, annoying little voices, LOL! They grated on my last nerve.

I was going to say the same thing about Kelly. I noticed that even when she wasn't crying, her voice sounded whiney. Hmmm??

Bette k
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I too was pretty upset about the amount of junk food being forced on the contestants but then I started thinking, they all refered to it as a challenge, maybe the families were asked to provide all this crap food. I think Paul's pigout at the hotwings place clued me in, how many restaurants do you know of will provide free all you can eat hotwings for that many people?
I think they were required to go out to eat and the friends and family weres supposed to tempt them.

Diva
02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, you are prolly right about that Bette. I sometimes forget that the producer's of this show set things up for the 'drama" of it all.

Did I hear right last night that Jillian wanted them to get in 15 miles in one day??? I am lucky to get that in one week, much less a day. How long would ya have to be on the treadmill to get in 15 miles??? anyone know???

Jen415
02-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Too dang long, Diva!

I found out by watching this show that Paul and Kelly live in my city! How weird is that!

HoosierHeather
02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah Paul's Kelly-Clone girlfriend freaked me out a bit too.

Diva
02-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Too dang long, Diva!

I found out by watching this show that Paul and Kelly live in my city! How weird is that!

Be afraid.....be very afraid! LOL!

BrokenButterfly
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I think they were required to go out to eat and the friends and family weres supposed to tempt them.

Thats exactly what I thought. I mean, come on. Bernie's friends just happen to drag him to his favourite bakery, where wow, they named a cupcake or something after him? And then he just stands around while they stand and eat infront of him the way they did? :lol: Please. If that was me, I would be out the door. I wouldnt even walk in the place.

It was definately set up to test them..in an obvious way. To make it more "interesting" :)

NotTheCheat
02-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I think there was something fishy on the timing of this one. One clue was Paul saying something about having a week here (talking about the ranch) to work out. The other was Paulís girlfriend saying in the end that she just dropped him off a week ago. That would seem to be indicating that he had been away from home a week in-between the first week and getting voted off, instead of just a day or two. I could be wrong about these two things and I already erased the show so I canít go back and check. Also, with all that he ate I was really shocked that Paul lost anything. It seems like they must have had more time in there.

I had no sympathy for Paul getting voted off with his behavior at home. If I was Jillian I would be really pissed off too. I canít believe he totally ignored her!

Also, I thought the promos were rather funny when they called the blue team something like an unstoppable force . . . um, the black team took 2 weigh ins and several challenges in a row. How is it that the blue team is so unbeatable?

krjpy
02-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I think what made the ultimate difference was that the Blue team treated this as a Challenge and not as a mini-vacation. I think that Mark's talk to his wife in the kitchen at home showed that they were still in ranch mode, not party mode.

dixied
02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah, you are prolly right about that Bette. I sometimes forget that the producer's of this show set things up for the 'drama" of it all.

Did I hear right last night that Jillian wanted them to get in 15 miles in one day??? I am lucky to get that in one week, much less a day. How long would ya have to be on the treadmill to get in 15 miles??? anyone know???

I thought it was 15 miles in the week they were gone? Dang, 15 miles a DAY? That's more than a 1/2 marathon.

Go check out the 24 hour fitness place for us and see if he's working out.

I think what made the ultimate difference was that the Blue team treated this as a Challenge and not as a mini-vacation. I think that Mark's talk to his wife in the kitchen at home showed that they were still in ranch mode, not party mode.

Mark is still a twerp, but at least he's going to be a thin twerp who keeps the weight off. He's one of the few who get that you have to change your whole lifestyle, not just temporarily diet.

Diva
02-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I think Jay is a sweetie, but I think Mark is a bully. I mean seriously. I am still not over how he yelled at and disrespected his brother during the challenege in the beginning. When he was home last night I was paying close attention to how his wife behaved and was actually looking for signs of abuse (mental). Of course if there is any at all, I am sure she was doing her best to hide it and cover it up. He just seems like the type to me. I don't blame him at all for tossing the food the way he did, but I still don't like him....that being said, I like him more than I did Paul. I think Paul has serious issues.

Shay
02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Diva--I agree with Dixiedieter. I thing it was 15 miles for the week. I also noticed that about the whiney voices too...like nails on a chalkboard. Paul and Kelly are those people when you see them coming you're thinking "oh here we go". She'll be crying and he'll be *****ing.

Notthecheat--It's not clearly stated anywhere but I think they had a week at home and a week at the ranch. So I believe it was a two week weigh in.

I think the Blue team loses next week and Mark votes off Roger. He is a threat. They better watch out, Dan puts up some big numbers. Whoever said it that boy does need a haircut. Someone needs to tell those guys on American Idol too. Long hair is over!

Nori71
02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't remember in all the past seasons if anyone ever didn't have a nice house. By the looks of things they could all have afforded personal trainers, IMO.You'd have to be able to afford to be off work for up to 4 months, right? That eliminates a lot of people. I think some contestants actually even quit their jobs. I'm not sure if we could do it financially or otherwise - I don't have family here to watch my kids while DH works. And we couldn't afford the 1500/mo for full time daycare.

zinkemomx2
02-20-2008, 03:31 PM

I went to the 24 Hour Fitness website. If you use Titusville there is not a gym around anywhere. The closest I could find was near Fort Lauderdale nearly 190 miles away. There is one in West Palm Beach that is supposed to be opening in March. What kind of gift is that if you can't use it?

I also couldn't find on in my home state of Michigan.

dixied
02-20-2008, 03:56 PM
I went to the 24 Hour Fitness website. If you use Titusville there is not a gym around anywhere. The closest I could find was near Fort Lauderdale nearly 190 miles away. There is one in West Palm Beach that is supposed to be opening in March. What kind of gift is that if you can't use it?

I also couldn't find on in my home state of Michigan.

Yep. That's useful. About the same amount of useful as that free Bally's pass they give out on the National Body Challenge. There aren't any of those here either.

zinkemomx2
02-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I went back and watched the tape again. Kelly clearly says her homework is 15 miles a DAY!

Shay
02-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I went back and watched the tape again. Kelly clearly says her homework is 15 miles a DAY!

Who has that kind of time?

kaplods
02-20-2008, 11:54 PM
A brisk walk is about 3.5 mph, I believe so that would take up to 4.5 hours. Max running speed I think is about 25 mph and the average about 15 mph (I'm assuming these numbers are for healthy, in-shape people though). I don't see Kelly being able to sustain a 15mph speed for an hour. So more than an hour and less than 5. Doable, I suppose if you have absolutely nothing else to do (and you've built your calf muscles up).

NemesisClaws
02-21-2008, 08:49 AM
*rolling eyes* brillant....giving out free lifetime gym membership that you can't even use unless you move from where you live. One would think somebody behind the scenes would have done their homework first. I bet Paul ends up selling it on Ebay....

zinkemomx2
02-21-2008, 09:49 AM
It's probably non transferable, lol.

dixied
02-21-2008, 11:02 AM

Based on my speeds on the treadmill, it would take me 4.5 hours to walk that distance. Of course they are supposed to run more than I do, so I'm guessing it would take them about 3.5 hours. That's just a little over 4 mph.

Nori71
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Didn't Mark say it was 3 hours of working out for him each day he was off campus? It's a lot!

Jen415
02-21-2008, 05:28 PM

That's the funny part--there is no 24 Hour Fitness within 50 miles of us!! So that prize was a huge waste!!

Shay
02-21-2008, 07:06 PM
That's the funny part--there is no 24 Hour Fitness within 50 miles of us!! So that prize was a huge waste!!

Jen-- I chose to reply to your post but many of you have said the same thing...come on you have got to be kidding me! You know that membership is non transferrable. Many of these places its like an act of congress to get out of the membership. Producers do some research--do your job--please. Well I'm guessing maybe it was a pa but details, people, details.

sportmom
02-21-2008, 10:54 PM

That was my biggest thought the whole nite and it kept getting stronger everytime I saw her. She said they only dated a few wks before he left. Wonder if she'll still be around by finale time after she sees all his declarations of love for Kelly on this playback. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the producers told the families to really test their loved ones with junk food, as a way of making better tv. They probably promised them more airtime if they made their section really good.

chick_in_the_hat
02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
A brisk walk is about 3.5 mph, I believe so that would take up to 4.5 hours. Max running speed I think is about 25 mph and the average about 15 mph (I'm assuming these numbers are for healthy, in-shape people though). I don't see Kelly being able to sustain a 15mph speed for an hour. So more than an hour and less than 5. Doable, I suppose if you have absolutely nothing else to do (and you've built your calf muscles up).

Umm..15 MPH is normal if you are on a bicycle. 25 MPH is professional biker on a $5000 road bike kicking towards the end of the race. As in, not me...yet. :p For running - marathon world record holders do like 12.5 MPH. I do more like 6 MPH...5.5 is easier to sustain.

15 miles a day means they should spend around 3-4 hours doing fairly intense cardio. I'd venture a guess that's less than they would do at the ranch. Not a real life scenario for most of us - but these guys didn't go back to work when they were only back for a week.

chick_in_the_hat
02-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh and - I have no regrets "Mr. Yellow Team" went home this week. Hopefully all he learned will click for him someday - but he's not there yet.

And it was purely for the drama that they had all those temptations...LOL at Mark's kid hiding under the table with his donut. :lol3: If it wasn't because the families were told to do it? That ain't cool. But a lot of people are fat because it's how they were brought up. I'm not saying it's not their responsibility to take the weight off - just that families can be enablers.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Is it true that BL is being pre-empted by the debates tonight? I'd rather watch BL. :D

kaplods
02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Yep, my numbers were WAY, WAY off.

Hun.e.B
02-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Rhonda...I'm not sure, its showing TBL on my guide, seems weird to have an episode if its not gonna get aired. They've skipped weeks of airing before.

Diva
02-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I can barely run on the TM@ 4 mph. If Jillian told me to run @ 14MPH, I'd tell her to KMA. LOL! :snooty: Whateverrrrrrr....

Diva
02-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm a lil' shocked that they are keeping their shirts on during WI. No man boobs tonight! YAY!!! :carrot:

Shay
02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Is Maggie getting on anyone else's nerves?

Okay they should send Mark's *** home! But I wonder if it is Roger based on the previews. Roger stick up for yourself. Send Mark home! If they split I think the black team would vote for Mark.

Shay
02-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Now all the men are crying. I guess they are trying to make up for Kelly. She hasn't done any tonight, right? I think its funny that Jay didn't take off his shirt tonight.

Diva
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
If Mark doesn't volunteer himself after that cryfest, and votes for Roger, may a truck stike hi down! LOL! No not really, but y'all get the gist.

Shay
02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I so hope they are going to individuals next week. I think Roger and Dan can be the top 2 in the finals.