The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Amberelise
01-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Uuugh, initially I thought I'd go to the gym and watch BL while walking on the treadmill. . . but I don't think I could do that for 2 hours.

Purplefirefly
01-15-2008, 06:07 PM
I will be stomping and sweating all over my exercise step during the show tonight :carrot: I hope the white team gets the boot.

Shay
01-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Melissa
OMG you watched that mess on Celebrity rehab. Jeff Conaway was so sad. I didn't watch the tv show Taxi but I LOVE Grease! I've seen it a million times and my friend gave it to me on dvd for my b-day.

Scott Baio--I watched the first season but now he just gets on my nerves and that one friend of his, can't think of his name, is like nails on a chalkboard.

I love New York--now why would you pick Tailor Made? Come on.

Rock of Love started back up. I missed it. That's okay VH-1 will rerun it a million times. He should have picked Heather!

Diva
I love American Idol too! We're opposites though. This is the time I hate. I usually don't watch until Hollywood. I will probably be flipping during commericals though. I started an American Idol thread in the General Chatter forum. America messed up the last two years. They need to get it right this time around.

My shows: Alot of reality shows, Criminal Minds, Psych, The Closer, most things on truTV

dixiedieter
I hope the white team goes home tonight too!

sportmom
01-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Kelly, I'll be working out with you. GOt my cardio in this morning, so I'm reserving Tuesday nites as one of my thrice weekly weight lifting sessions. Too funny, bc my dd's will jump on the mini too while I work out! But I've found I need to get them to bed before it starts now since it runs 2 hrs, otherwise they will try to stay up til 10 to see the end.

I think the white team should go home too, but, I'm sensing that Neill is going to be the cinderella story of the season like someone else mentioned. Ugh!

Chelle, much congrats to you on your grand accomplishment! Great time to buy as well. May you sell high when the time comes in 10 years or so to make more room for the babies!! ;)

Diva
01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Changed my mind. I was gonna dvr TBL but Dude is in bed early not feeling well so I'll record Idol and we'll watch together tomorrow when he gets home. It's no fun making fun of ppll by myself, lol! Shay, I do like when they get to Hollyweird so long as there's someone worth watching. I just seriously though last yr blew, yanno?

I watched Rock of Love last night. He is such a ho. I cannot believe he is doing a season 2 when we ALL know Heather is the one for him. I think her and Lacey( the crazy chic) are even making an appearance on the next show.

That Scott Baio got on my nerve the first show so I stopped watching. I mean seriously dude, get over yourself! LOL!

I'm a total TV addict and it's prolly why my butt is as big as it is, lol!
Here's what I watch:
Weeds, The Tudors, Dexter ( I LOVE that lil' serial killer! LOL), Californification all on Showtime, Men In Trees, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Workout (on Bravo), Dancing With The Stars! (I got the DWTS Cardio Dance! hehe) I like the Soaps, Especially General Hospital. Luke and Laura are my ALL time Favorite Couple! their love is ageless and forever! American Idol, Will and Grace{Karen RULES!} Friends, That 70's Show reruns, Saving Grace and The Closer on TNT, TBL, Bionic Woman, Journeyman, Friday Night Lights, Las vegas, Moonlight, Desparate Housewives, Brother's & Sister's, Ghost Whisperer, Medium, One Tree Hill, Supernatural...

Hun.e.B
01-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Shay...celebrity rehab was really hard to watch especially Jeff conaway and his oh so disfunctional relationship with his girlfriend, he's not ready to get off drugs. So sad. I used to have the biggest crush on Scott Baio, his show was actually really cute, better this time than last time around even if it is overly scripted. I loved that she picked Taylor Made..did you see the reunion? Could it be love? LOL! I only saw the last half of rock of love so I dont know any of the new girls but I did see previews where Rodeo shows up.

I'll be on my elliptical for at least part of the show tonight!! Thanks for the reminder girls!

Shay
01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
I'll be exercising too but haven't decided what yet. I better get on it. The orange team is a bit cocky. Don't like that.

Diva
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Ut oh! Jillian and the Young Pink girl made me have a cry moment. sniff sniff....

ksk571
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Shay - I really like Psych too. No one else I know watches it.

ksk571
01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I was crying with Jillian and Ali of the pink team. I guess I can really relate to how she feels about hiding behind my weight and using it as a "reason" I'm alone.

Diva
01-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I was crying with Jillian and Ali of the pink team. I guess I can really relate to how she feels about hiding behind my weight and using it as a "reason" I'm alone.

Yeah I had a light bulb moment myself. :(

I wonder if they are supplied with clean shoes after treading through all that muddy water in the tennis shoes? I'm weird I know. I wonder about stuff like that, lol! I could totally relate to germ girl not wanitng to Kiss bret last night on Rock of Love after all them girls were frenching him, YUCK!

ksk571
01-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Diva - I also wonder about things like that. People look at me like I'm crazy when I say it out loud!!!

Diva
01-15-2008, 09:45 PM
PLEASE send home the White team! Neil DOES not want to be there!!!!

Andi18
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
I agree with you Diva!!!

kgood2005
01-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah. They sent home the white team. He wasn't really working like everyone else.

Shay
01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Okay I think they are going to try and send the black team home next week. It looks like they get to choose a team and have to work toward sending them home. I just noticed tonight that on the back of their shirts is the name of the trainer. I still can't keep them straight. I do remember Neil specifically said he wanted Jillian because they didn't go there to do yoga. See that's where nasty gets you. He couldn't handle Jillian. They looked pretty good at the end. Still don't like them though!

Shay
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how do they chose who votes first. Of course when they weigh in being random is not a big deal but when they vote matters. It looks like its planned where they sit too. Weird! Meaning there's no scrambling or confusion but I guess that's a product of having a good producer.

Andi18
01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
think the votes go based on their order in the weigh in. The team that ranks highest goes last.

Shay
01-15-2008, 10:50 PM
I thought that too but didn't the black team vote first and the yellow team were the biggest losers this week?

Shay
01-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Oops it would help if I read that post a little better. But still didn't the black team vote first and they weren't last above the yellow line?

Shay
01-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Okay it takes me a minute to process I think I get it now. At that rate I will never know who goes first having to remember where they placed and when they weighed in...thank goodness for the producers.

NemesisClaws
01-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Ok, here are my thoughts.....

I couldn't help but feel bad for the white team, specifically the woman. I mean, talk about working your fanny off and making excuses for a husband by saying folks don't understand his sense of humor. I'm sorry, but did anyone else catch that comment at the elimination table where he said she could turn on the tears, which was his excuse for not saying much beforehand in their speech to everyone? Even the host couldn't believe he said that!

Regardless, it looks like she's well on her way to being skinny, and he's...well, somewhat working towards it. This may be a couples show, but ultimately it's how badly do you want it for yourself.

The orange team is a tad bit on the cocky side, no doubt. But at least they're honest. They weren't saying nothing no one else on that ranch wasn't saying. However, if they continue to be so cocky, that may be their downfall eventually.

Personally, I'm not even trying to remember which team goes with with trainer. Since both trainers are training everyone, it's pretty much useless. I am rooting for the purple team because they are the underdogs with their weight loss at the moment.

FrouFrou
01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Okay, I know there's a lot here that like Bette Sue but she is annoying me still! First off, what is with the tongue? Why does she have her mouth open and doing the tongue thing...has anyone else noticed this? And the way she wears her glasses and that hair, ugh! Lol I am a fan of Jillian now...she made me laugh when she told Bette that she would be her first casualty, lol.

I am glad the white team went home! Neill just acted like it was the last place on earth he wanted to be and he didn't want to do anything. Next...I would like to see the black team go!

Briefasa Hime
01-16-2008, 05:34 AM
The orange team having two elimination votes was pointless since the white team would've gotten voted off either way. I felt so bad that they didn't pick the one that allows a family member to visit the ranch for 24 hours!

lovnmom
01-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Yes, the white team had to go. I felt sorry for Amanda at first, because Neill wasn't pulling his weight, but when you're married you don't continually make excuses for your hubby. You kick him in the arse and tell him to pull his load...she may have been strong enough to drop the weight, but my hubby disses me on national tv like he did at the vote?!?! You don't take that lying down.
It sounds like ole Bette Sue lived some kind of life!!!!! Now I'm rooting for Ali for sure....I think that would be a good exciter...give them the option to switch team members hoo hoo!! Because I like Ali, Bette Sue drives me crazy. I like Jay, but Mark's yuck!!! Let Ali and Jay team up to end the season..
My first pick was the orange team, but all the gloating is getting to me too.
I want to know why the young girls (purple?) can't drop better numbers. I didn't like them at all at first, but now I find myself feeling sorry for them.
I would like Blue to win, because they both seem like positive people and I would love a woman to be part of the winning team...
Oddly though, I find myself liking the football guys. They just seem....nice...I know I went on and on, but I may not be back to my computer for a day or two....
Hope the move went well Chell
C Ya!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Bye Bye White! I am so glad to see them go. Hubby just wasn't stepping up and really needed to leave. I'm still not sure who I'm routing for now. I like the football players (Gray?) But, the producers don't show much of them. Maybe they just aren't as into the drama, keep their mouth shut and do their thing? Personally, I still like the orange team. Yeah, they do some trash talking....but, for some of us, that's part of the fun of competition....and, they definitely are competitive. It was very smart of them to choose the Gameplaying option for their reward. Ultimately, it didn't help them much, but it showed their priorities. Well...sounds like I have chosen a favorite team, huh? Go Orange!

Did it seem like they spent much more time last night showing workouts and interactions? I loved that.

Diva
01-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Sooooooo glad they voted off that White team. Neil was a lazy, arrogant POS and didn't deserve to be there. Guess his wife didn't "turn on the tears" enough. If he were my husband, he would receive a really good cussin for THAT comment. Did you see Allison's jaw drop when he said that? OMG!

I'm still loving betty Sue & Alli. I am liking the gray team as well.

gotta take the boy to school, Later gators! :)

krjpy
01-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I have to say that I feel that the Purple Team (the young girls) ... expecially Jen, need to focs more on what they need to be doing and less on what everyone else is not doing.

I disliked Neill as much as anyone, but maybe if they had been more concerned with themselves and less concerned with complaining about him they would have done better.

Bob is right. They need to focus on doing it bigger, badder, and better than everyone else. I am just getting tired of the "we shoulds" that keep coming out of their mouth. We really aren't hearing that from everyone else that was having a bad time. Purple Team take all that whining energy and put it into pushing yourselves a little harder ... you might find that extra bit you need to get those pounds you want.

Scenestealer
01-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Ugh, I am so glad Neill and Amanda are gone. Interesting that they're newlyweds though... he was such a selfish jerk to want to do things his way and not even consider how badly Amanda wanted to stay. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of a rocky relationship.

Also, this is my first time in this thread... what is meant by spoilers? Does that mean actual spoilers about upcoming episodes? Or just discussion of what's already been shown on TV?

NemesisClaws
01-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Spoilers mean we talk about the current episode that we just saw, and sometimes the previews. :) If you haven't watched the show yet, and don't want to know what happens ahead of time, then most folks are warned off by the SPOILERS. :)

onthetee
01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
I think back to Jillian's comment about the enablers. Obviously, Amanda is Neill's enabler to the nth degree. "People just don't get him. They don't understand. He takes a long time to adapt. It is easy to misinterpret him." Or, you could strap on some ovaries and tell him to get his butt in gear. That marriage will never last.

On the other hand, the fact the Ali had HER enabler there was the key to a really important change in her life...how she views herself, her relationship with her mom, knowing WHY she eats. I really feel like the pink team has consistently had the most changes in thier personal and world views.

Orange team--I do love them. I like the arrogance, because they back it up with hard work. I like the nasty comments when others deserve it. I don't think they are mean, but I think they really don't care about the other teams' opinions of them. That's good TV.

Black team--I don't care where you are, you don't treat people the way Mark did. I hope that if he treats Jay like that again at home, Jay slugs him.

Blue team--still rooting for a little smooching.

Grey--we never see them.

Purple--their weight should be FLYING off them. They should be melting before our eyes. Are we going to have an episode where we see that they have been hiding Oreos in their rooms? With their age, the decrease in calories alone should have them losing what they are. With the crazy exercise schedule, they should be ready for the pageant circuit. I think all will be revealed in the next few weeks. Something is just not right there.

Yellow--they break my heart. She seems so cold, and he loves her so much. DH listened to her for a while and said, "She has some serious issues. We don't know what they are, but there is something going on with her." He said he reminds him of his first wife who had been sexually abused and refused to seek help. Anyway, I just shout at the TV, "She is never coming back. You need to move on." I think he is setting himself up for huge disappointment and a possible relapse in weight gain.

Is that everyone?

As for the things I learned last night, I loved Jillian's reminder not to quit when you get uncomfortable. That is when change is made. I need to push somethings a little more. I have bumped up my resistance on the elliptical, but I need to get back to running more past my comfort zone.

Catsgetnhealthy
01-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Glad the white team is gone. I feel for Amanda, I'm sure she's gotta keep pushing Neill to keep at it. I was happy for the yellow team. They really worked it this week and I hope it keeps up for them.

Diva
01-16-2008, 09:46 AM
I warmed up to orange last night. I do thik it sucks that their "game" choice was preety much a watse. she could have seen her hubby but o'well.

The Yellow team breaks my heart too. he is still so in love with her, and I know she loves him too and cares about him, but I don't thibk she is "in love". if he doesn't move on I am also afraid he's gonna be hurt again. he's so sweet & supportive of her and it's such a shame really. He deserves someone to love him back. I think he has a lot to give. I sort of wish there was another single lady there he could fall for. What would the ex do if she saw him actually showing interest in another woman? Would it wake her up? I think she has some deeply hidden emtional issues and amybe Jillian can help her like she did Betty Sue & Ali. I LOVE Jillian now.

Speaking of, Pink broke my heart last night. I went to bed all snotty, lol! Oh LOL! Snotty, i think I was called snotty yesterday, what a co-winki-dink! :D

The brothers. OMG! Mark is a disrespctful butthead and needs anger management. I wonder if he treats the rest of his family or children that way? Does he even have a wife or kids? I hope his brother succeeds and one day stands up to him.

The Purple team are a disappointment. I hope someone finds their oreo stash.

Blue- No feelers for them yet.

Hun.e.B
01-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Oh the more and more I see the orange team the less and less I like the mom!

dixied
01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I had a huge post and then lost it, WTH?

White Team - Divorce in the making there. He's a jerk and I don't think he's made amazing progress at home. Amanda seems sweet, but stop making excuses for him.

Orange Team - I don't think that their cocky as much as excited over their progress. Look at her when she's talking to the camera, she's beaming. Remember in Week 1 where she looked haggard and run down? I love that they went to exercise after the challenge, instead of rest. That's the difference between a good weigh in and a great weigh in, IMHO.

Gray Team - ROLL TIDE! No drama queens there, they just do what needs to be done.

Blue Team - I like them. They seems so sweet. Not sure that it's a couple in the making, but they are certainly going to be close after this.

Black Team - Lord I hope Mark's mama was watching and smacks him upside the head. Jay needs to learn to fight back.

Purple Team - Do they get medical tests before they show? Cause I'm thinking there's go to be a medical reason for Jenn not to be losing if she's staying completely true to plan. Then again look at Amy from last season, didn't lose much at the ranch per week, then melted when she got home. Or she could be like me and just be a slooow loser. If I lost 4 pounds in a week I'd be thrilled.

Yellow Team - He's breaking my heart. I hope they can reconcile, but I think Jillian is going to have to stage another intervention.

Pink Team - DRAMA! Bette Sue is starting to annoy me a little with those expressions. I LOVED Jillian's answer about her being the first casualty. Didn't they want Jillian as a trainer? What did she expect?

dixied
01-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Melissa - LMAO - have we EVER agreed on the contestants? She reminds me of my Mom, I guess that's why I like her.

onthetee
01-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Pink Team - DRAMA! Bette Sue is starting to annoy me a little with those expressions. I LOVED Jillian's answer about her being the first casualty.

You know what, though? She NEVER quits, and I find that admirable. I think the faces are part of her personality, but it seems soooo obvious in post-production. "Oh, there's another face! We HAVE to put that in!" I bet she is great fun to edit.

ksk571
01-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Purple Team - Do they get medical tests before they show? Cause I'm thinking there's go to be a medical reason for Jenn not to be losing if she's staying completely true to plan.

That's exactly what went through my mind also. I wonder if she has hormonal imbalance issues (or is pregnant?) I wonder if the medical tests would include checking things like hormone imbalances/thyroid, etc. Of course it could be the alleged oreos. ;)

NotTheCheat
01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I think back to Jillian's comment about the enablers. Obviously, Amanda is Neill's enabler to the nth degree. "People just don't get him. They don't understand. He takes a long time to adapt. It is easy to misinterpret him." Or, you could strap on some ovaries and tell him to get his butt in gear. That marriage will never last.

On the other hand, the fact the Ali had HER enabler there was the key to a really important change in her life...how she views herself, her relationship with her mom, knowing WHY she eats. I really feel like the pink team has consistently had the most changes in thier personal and world views.

This was exactly my thought. If Amanda doesn't put her foot down and say she won't take that crap he won't change. However, the fact that Ali was able to talk through things with Bette Sue was invaluable.

Like everyone else I was thrilled to see white gone. I didnít particularly like black to begin with but now I really don't like them.

I do like the orange team. Their relationship reminds me a lot of my relationship with my mom. I also wish we would see more of the grey team.

OK - I know this is a spoiler thread, but even so I will write this in white in case anyone doesn't want to read something that Jillian said on her show this Sunday (highlight to read):

Jillian was describing how one of the young girls on this season's show had undiagnosed PCOS. Even though they went through extensive medical checks the doctors didn't find it. Jillian pushed the issue when the girl continued to have bad numbers week after week. Once they figured out what was going on things really changed. I am pretty sure she is talking about Jenn.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
If I lost 4 pounds in a week I'd be thrilled.

Me too! Heck, I'd be doing flipping cartwheels....and I don't even know how to do a cartwheel! :D

dixied
01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
You know what, though? She NEVER quits, and I find that admirable. I think the faces are part of her personality, but it seems soooo obvious in post-production. "Oh, there's another face! We HAVE to put that in!" I bet she is great fun to edit.

I don't dislike Bette Sue, I think she's doing a kickbutt job, it's just that her expressions just remind me of someone. I had the same issue last season with Nicole.

Diva
01-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Thank Nancy. I hadn't even thought of that. Maybe she's not hiding oreos then, lol!

lovnmom
01-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Help me out what's PCOS?

Amberelise
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned. . . but did anyone notice the white team's weightloss numbers AFTER leaving the ranch?

The wife lost 24 pounds AFTER leaving the ranch.
The husband lost 23 pounds AFTER leaving the ranch.

That's pretty sad for the husband.

Diva
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)

NotTheCheat
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Regarding the losses after leaving, one thing that is really strange is the timing of this one. This show is still being taped, but it is already on the air. For the other shows, the season was filmed long before it aired and there was a lot more time in between when they left and when the show started and hence there was a lot more time for people to lose at home.

onthetee
01-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Nancy--I called that one to DH last night! I work in women's health, and she has a lot of the physical traits. I am not surprised that they missed it because unless you test at the right time in the cycle or over several cycles, you can miss the hormonal markers.

The Oreos Theory is just so much more interesting.

krjpy
01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Regarding the PCOS ... it could be Kelly (Yellow Team). We already know she had problems with getting pregnant and staying pregnant. Just a thought.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Regarding the PCOS ... it could be Kelly (Yellow Team). We already know she had problems with getting pregnant and staying pregnant. Just a thought.

Yeah, that was my first thought.

dixied
01-16-2008, 11:37 AM
My 2 cents, I think Kelly would have already been tested to death, since they had fertility problems. That's why I'm leaning toward it being Jenn.

ksk571
01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
While Kelly has had a bad week, Jenn has had mostly bad weeks (by TBL campus standards.) I think it's Jenn, too. I hope they can get things figured out for her. I feel bad that she's struggling like she is.

misschris531
01-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Not to be repetitive here, but THANK GOODNESS White is gone. I wanted to punch Neill when he made that "turning on the tears" comment! I mean talk about an uncomfortable silence!

I do sort of feel bad for Amanda, but at the same time, she needs to stand up for herself. Neill made a comment about her being a "people pleaser" and although I can't stand the guy, I have to agree with him there. Especially with her husband, it seems like she is always trying to be nice to him about his bad attitude and she seems so meek. She needs to be strong and put Neill in his place! I didn't see one thing in him that constituted a "sense of humor"... just a bad attitude, laziness, and a whole lotta cockiness!

Diva
01-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Not to be repetitive here, but THANK GOODNESS White is gone. I wanted to punch Neill when he made that "turning on the tears" comment! I mean talk about an uncomfortable silence!

I do sort of feel bad for Amanda, but at the same time, she needs to stand up for herself. Neill made a comment about her being a "people pleaser" and although I can't stand the guy, I have to agree with him there. Especially with her husband, it seems like she is always trying to be nice to him about his bad attitude and she seems so meek. She needs to be strong and put Neill in his place! I didn't see one thing in him that constituted a "sense of humor"... just a bad attitude, laziness, and a whole lotta cockiness!

I agree 100% and once she grows some ovaries and stands up to him that is when their marriage will be in trouble. Neil prolly chose her for all her meekness and people pleasing ways and one day she IS going to tire of it and she WILL (hopefilly) call him on his BS. THAT is when he will not want her anymore because he won't be able to take being told about himself. That or he will just verbally and emotionally abuse her back into being fat and meek. JMO.

Scenestealer
01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Nemesis. I always thought it meant real spoilers, so I never ventured into this thread before because I absolutely hate spoilers - they ruin the show for me. Maybe the title should be changed to indicate that the thread doesn't have spoilers but just discussion of the latest episodes? Other people might be confused like I was.

Amberelise
01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Oh, I understand they have had less time to lose a large amount. I was just pointing out that the wife lost more at home than the husband lost. He weighs more plus he's a guy and still she lost more weight than him. . .

practiceliving
01-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Nemesis. I always thought it meant real spoilers, so I never ventured into this thread before because I absolutely hate spoilers - they ruin the show for me. Maybe the title should be changed to indicate that the thread doesn't have spoilers but just discussion of the latest episodes? Other people might be confused like I was.

Don't forget that not everyone is in N America though! For the Aussies on here, and others, TBL doesn't air when it does in N America - it's a couple months behind. Plus for us west-coasters, the spoiler tag is a nice reminder NOT to come in here after 5pm PT, or the show gets ruined for us! ;)

I missed it last night, and from people's descriptions, it doesn't sound like I missed too much. I'm SO glad the White team is gone, Neill was just ticking me off!

Hun.e.B
01-16-2008, 02:56 PM
LOL Dixie, I agreed with you whole post except for orange LOL!

Hun.e.B
01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
The thread could have spoilers if someone hears something, thats why its in the title just so noone gets upset if they hear something. Plus east coasters see the show before west coasters so for people like me, i gotta stay out of here once 5pm my time hits so I dont get spoiled.

Scenestealer
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Ah, in that case I'll duck back out then - don't want my fav tv show spoiled by hearing stuff! :) Thanks, Melissa.

sportmom
01-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I think Mr. Yellow & Bette Sue should hook up!!!! :rofl:

I think it is also one of the purples with pcos. I mean, not sure how old Kelly is, but I'm looking at her thinking more perimenopause time, that she's beyond pcos phase. But i could be really off. I also do not understand why these 2 young girls are not doing the numbers they should be. More soy sauce, perhaps?? lol (Season4 reference)

NemesisClaws
01-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Hmm...regarding the issue of PCOS and the purple team, while that would explain one team member here, it doesn't explain the other one not losing that much. I'm not that familiar with PCOS myself, but I have heard most doctors tend to dismiss it when one's so young and hasn't experienced fertility issues yet. I would love to know how this individual with PCOS lost the weight more rapidly after being diagnosed because I have also heard of folks having trouble doing that even with medications.

onthetee
01-17-2008, 10:29 AM
I would love to know how this individual with PCOS lost the weight more rapidly after being diagnosed because I have also heard of folks having trouble doing that even with medications.

Absolutely true; from my experience, it really depends on what you are prescribed. This explains it somewhat:
http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/glucophage-metformin-pcos.html#top

Often women who are prescribed glucophage continue to hold their weight because of the effect on short-term energy stores, AND when you mess with the sugar/insulin relationship, things will get screwy with appetite and weight.

Shay
01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Orange team--I think I mentioned the cockiness. I mentioned it in the sense that they don't want to let that go to their head. I agree with everything they are saying about the other teams but make sure they are focusing on themselves too. Which I realized they did because they were in the gym when no one else was. I think they have an excellent chance of winning.

Purple team--I agree with whoever said they need to focus more on themselves. As young as they are they should be losing more weight as onthetee said

Gray team--they are really nice but I don't want guys to win again. BORING!

Pink team--Bette Sue is a survivor. She looks like she's lived hard. Like she's been through some stuff. I like the team. I would love it if they won!

dek6
01-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I am 30 and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19. PCOS isnt just about weight. It causes irregular menses, extra hair growth (which I am lucky enough to not have) and infertility. Which I have struggled with for about 5 years. I took Metformin which is the generic of glucophage and I lost 10 pounds while I was taking this and that without alot of effort. Over about a 6 month period. It is like pre-diabetes. It causes enlarged ovaries that have a lot of little cysts all over the ovaries. It also produces to much testosteone hence the hair growth and menstraul issues. Women with PCOS do not ovulate very often if at all. So they dont get their menstraul cycle as regular as they should.

There is no cure for PCOS but with diet and exercise and weight loss, most of the symptoms can be controlled.

I have lost about 20 pounds and I have noticed the my cycle has regulated a little more than before.....

dek6
01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
I LOVE BETTE SUE AND ALI. I hope they win. The purple team gets on my nerves and so does the black team...

NemesisClaws
01-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks Onthetee for the link! Very interesting info!

Dek6--after reading a bit more on the link provided above, it rather struck me how the side effects of Metformin can derail you big time....such as fatigue, naseua (sp), hair loss, etc....almost like it wouldn't be worth it to take it! I'm not advocating by any means that folks don't, just that from reading up on the side effects it sounded like it would give you more issues to deal with. What was interesting is that in most of these PCOS articles, they state that with diet and exercise, you can regulate your PCOS much better. I'm wondering if when a person gets down to their goal weight and maintains that if they no longer need to take pills for it, or if that's going to be a lifelong thing?

Still, I hope Biggest Loser does highlight it a bit when it is revealed on the show, and what the contestant is taking.

onthetee
01-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks Onthetee for the link! Very interesting info!

[after reading a bit more on the link provided above, it rather struck me how the side effects of Metformin can derail you big time....such as fatigue, naseua (sp), hair loss, etc....almost like it wouldn't be worth it to take it! I'm not advocating by any means that folks don't, just that from reading up on the side effects it sounded like it would give you more issues to deal with.

If you really want a baby, and they tell you that metformin will help, you take it and power through the consequences. I know several women who really felt it was their last hope. On the other hand, I have two dear friends who took oral contraceptives to treat it and BOTH got pregnant on the Pill.

Bette k
01-17-2008, 10:01 PM
As person who has was diagnosed with PCOS in 1987 and probibly had it for 10+ years before that I can say that Metformin is a life saver, literally. When I was first diagnosed there was no options for treatment, if you wanted to get pregnant you went on fertility drugs, otherwise it was BC pills. I went to a medical library and did research on it, about all I could find there was a small paragraph in an outdated medical book saying that it was suggested for PCOS sufferers to lose weight, he recomended a 500 calorie a day or less diet. Yes, only 500 calories! Later I found something by a woman Dr who wrote that the women with PCOS just didn't like being women and if they embraced their femininity by wearing dresses and quit any job where they competed with ment that it would go away. Then in the mid 90's Metformin was found to help treat PCOS. When I first heard about it I went to my Dr, a RE at a large teaching hospital, and he did some research and agreed to prescribe it. It changed my life, I went from being depressed constantly to feeling normal, and yes I had tried antidepressants several years earlier, they made me suicidal, my body acted like it was supposed to, and I was much easier to live with. The side effects went away, and even tho I do not want to get pregnant I will never give them up. Also my GP has told me that Metformin helps prevent Diabetes, which with my family history, and PCOS was almost a given in my case, in fact I would have had it years ago without the Metformin.
I realize this is long, but since I have lived through the modern treatment of PCOS I thought you might want to know why someone would put up with the sideeffects.

Diva
01-17-2008, 10:29 PM
WOW! I had no idea peeps with PCOS take metformin. I take 1000mg a day, once in the morning and once at night for my diabetes. Go figure. All I know is I have been trying to lose weight for about a year and 7 months and it's been a struggle. I actually weigh more now than when I started, but it's due to stress and emotional eating. I am having a hard time losing and the last doc I saw said it could be the medications I take and that she'd consider changing them come Feb if I haven't lost any...Well I haven't but now I have a new doc I haven't even met so I'm sure THAT won't happen now. I'll be gald when I lose this weight though because I am hoping I can STOP taking metformin and actos altogether.

jordan
01-19-2008, 04:41 PM
I just downloaded some of Jillians radio show (LOVE IT, by the way) and boy, talk about spoilers! She has given away SO much about the season that is airing right now. I am almost tempted to stop listening. Can't wait until Tuesday night.

chick_in_the_hat
01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
IKWYM...but she's SO fun to listen to!

Andi18
01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Last Sunday's radio show was definitely a spoiler but I'm not going to quit listening. I listened to last weeks show while working out last night at 24 Hour. I'm kinda bummed to know who a couple of teams are still on the show, but I am glad that THEY are still there as they are probably near the end of filming since they started b4 Thanksgiving! LOL

Hun.e.B
01-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Any predictions or wishes on who goes home this week? I hate to admit it because its gonna be their demise but i kinda like the Black team, yeah they've got issues, but they kick butt and I love their determination to win. I dont know who I want to go home at this point the only team I dont like is Orange but only because of the mom and her arrogance. I still wanna see them succeed though. It think this is the only season there are people I just dont want to see go!

lovnmom
01-21-2008, 08:39 AM
I have to agree with Melissa. Since they booted off Neill there is no one else I really don't like. I'm not sure if that will make for good tv. I like to have that one to dislike that each week you hope it's he or she that goes home! Like the Amazing Race, each season there's been a team to hate. This season's annoyer stayed on until the second to last show and was actually eliminated on her b-day. It made for great drama lol
We shall see....I still think one week the teams should be given the option to switch team mates...we'd see some claws then! Even if the mixer was no more teams, making each an individual, when they're down to like 3 teams. Something to spice it up!

Purplefirefly
01-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Looks like it's everyone against one team tomorrow night...what a twist! Looks like it will be the yellow team so I am guessing the one below the yellow line that isn't booted off has to get above the line next week or they automatically go home. Can't wait to see if that's it...that is really tough if it's going that way!

Catsgetnhealthy
01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Well well well what an intersting show tonight. Drives me bonkers when people throw the weigh in and it backfired big time tonight. I'm not happy with who got booted off, as it should have been another team. I'll wait til ya'll get here to discuss. :)

zinkemomx2
01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I'll agree that throwing the game tonight backfired big time. I'll miss Bette Sue.

Cassie501107
01-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm so mad that they voted her off.:(

She was my favorite.

Hun.e.B
01-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow, hardly any chatter! Well I really thought Purple should go, but I've thought that for weeks which means they'll be around awhile.

So yellow was my favorite. And I just knew they were gonna end up going when the gauntlet was thrown...good job to them! But, I was under the assumption that he wanted her back, but then I heard him make the comment that he missed his girlfriend. Just goes to show ya, we dont know much about them at home. But, that comment changed them for me a little bit. Still like them, just not sure if they are my favorites anymore. No idea who is!?

Good show! AND I did the elliptical for 30 minutes while I watched!

sportmom
01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Best - Episode - Ever!!!!

OMGosh - if they were all this good! I don't know if I enjoyed it more bc I was working out or if it was just beautifully done. From Bob busting on the orange son for not knowing his way aroudn the kitchen, to calling him out for his breakfast soda. I'm SOOO guilty of that. Not being a coffee drinker, I'm the BK croissanwich queen & give me my large COKE to go with that. I was really embarrassed - but weird to see I'm not alone there. So I took the shock on Bob's face over that as if he were talking to me directly. "What exactly is a breakfast soda?" (like it was an herbal tonic or something!) and then he just confessed it's a b'fast soda, bc it's the first one you have that day. Oh, so sad but true..............

Nice that they threw in the kink about immunity at THE LAST MOMENT. Nice that Bob stepped up to the plate and let them know they better NOT be stepping on that scale with a 2 lb weight loss unless they tell him first (they did not). Interesting that they didn't try to get the whole team to swing, but clearly, they did enough damage.

I knew from the start YELLOW would win, if for no other reason than they would only need 2 teams like purple and one other to do lousy or so-so and it would bring the team AVERAGE down just enough to let yellow eeek it out, and alas, it may have happened regardless.

That BetteSue and Ali went home was JUST a travesty. I love BetteSue even more that she just cutoff the apologies, and said, "You know what, just cut the crap and open that thing. Quit talking and apologizing, we know what you wrote, get on with it." LOVE HER FOR THAT. I thought she would be more honest than that in her closing comments but I guess she left it to Ali. But at least she called out the faking and the a$$ kissing going on. But Ali is so right - they were the ONLY team that hadn't been below the line, had a decent loss even that week, and didn't "throw" the weigh in. SO what we are left with are the biggest liars, the biggest cheaters, and the one team that will always max out on the weight, the black team. Everyone else will have to just run in circles to kill each other off. Still need to tweak somethign with the formula on this show, imo, bc it's not really about being the biggest loser. Those purple girls are going to make it to the finals just like the people in the last season, bc they were not threats. UGH.

I don't think one of the blacks goes home next week either - I think that was just a teaser to confuse us. One of them just comforts Jillian when someone else gets split up - maybe yellow, maybe blue. Heh, let's face it, purple is there til the end now.

I wouldn't have voted for the yellow team in the beggining at all, so I don't even understand why this show got there - to me it was all about black or gray, but then, I'm not staring at the numbers either, so I could be wrong.

I KNOW WHY THE YELLOW TEAM GOT DIVORCED. OMG, he is SOOOO all about himself. I hope he noticed that when he FINALLY let his wife go that last time, she was far faster and more nimble than him. ANd then that whole Jillian stage scene, while practically ignoring his wife. And the letter giveaway - he just said, we're doing it, didn't ask if she was ok with it. She just stands by and takes it all. Oh man, it's all about him and his universe. Makes me ill to watch it. Now I get it - and NO, I DON'T predict they will be getting back together. He loves himself too much. Poor woman.

OK that's it! Like I said, loved this show. I got in 30 mins of t'mill and 15 mins elliptical, so I'm off to chart that on the other thread. I'm going to try to make this Tuesday nite my "last chance workout" nite. I just have to figure out how to get the kids to bed. They won't listen to dh, who just yells up to them from his recliner :rolleyes: so they were bouncing around waiting for me. I finally got them to sleep at 10:45. THat will NOT work. They both have to be up by 7:30 and still really need 10 hrs of sleep a nite. (See? This is one way we get sidetracked from our programs! grrr But not me - next week there will be rules in place on Tuesday nites!)

chellez
01-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Just wanted to say that out of all of the seasons of TBL I've watched, I :love: how real the Pink Team was during their elimination.

"There's no need for words" translates into "Stop pouring sugar on poo you selfish yellow team and just let us leave!" :lol3:

vixjean
01-23-2008, 12:20 AM
EWE- did the yellow team guy say he had a girlfriend, and then they showed him laying in bed with his X!?!?! What is that about. I love their chemistry together, but as individuals, they don't impress me.
I love betty sue, and her daughter looks freeking awesome after the show lost 60-something lbs!!!
WHY IS IT MEN loose all thier weight? That is so annoying they should have it separated by sex because it isn't fair.
I loved how Bob was being so honest about how he wasn't happy.
The mother and son team are total sellouts, they should be on survivor, not TBL. Now everyone will know they are fakes!!!
How about that next week, splitting up the teams and getting rid of one person, crazy huh!? I was getting so used to the couples, great ideas this season.

vixjean
01-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Betty Sue remind anyone of Rosanne? LOL!

practiceliving
01-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Ugh.

I am so disappointed with tonight's episode. Bette-Sue and Ali are/were my FAVOURITES. I did love that Allison was tearing up, too, as Bette-Sue was talking.

Just... ugh.

kaplods
01-23-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm guessing that someone from yellow team is going home next week. Obviously Kelly and the producers would already know that Paul has a girlfriend, so there has to be a good (for the show) reason that it only came out this week.

I think the most likely reason is that one of them is going home next week, so they don't have to continue keeping everyone in suspense over whether the couple will reuninte. However, if neither of them go home, I would expect the "will they, won't they" drama to actually step up, and we'll see them at least comtemplating getting back together.

I still don't quite fathom why they voted off purple team, as it seems gray would have been a better choice if they were going for competition factor, as they had relatively good alliances built with the other teams. However, since pink was the most "shocking" choice, I wonder if there were behind the scene enticements for making the most dramatic choice.

NemesisClaws
01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Honestly, I cannot understand the yellow team's choice of sending the pink team home. Since black got immunity, the next logical choice would've been either the gray or orange team. In the end, they just bit themselves in the foot.

The teams that threw the weigh-in.....boy, was that a dumb decision! When I heard about the immunity, I knew instantly that someone behind the scenes knew ahead of time what the teams were gonna do, so they came up with this at the last minute. Pretty ingenious really.

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 01:48 AM
I am a happy camper, woohoo! So elated that the pink team finally went home! And now if the black team would go I would be even happier!

Good show tonight for sure!

SoulBliss
01-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Bob must have been SO mad at those who threw the weigh in, especially after his warning!

jlbake
01-23-2008, 01:51 AM
The yellow team should have gotten rid of the orange team. The orange team is the biggest threat next to the black team. I think the orange team would get rid of the yellow team in a minute if it served them. It really ticked me off that they chugged water. I would love to see Bob and Jillian refuse to train them for a week because they threw the weigh in.

Shay
01-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Why or why did they send the pink team home? I agree with Sportmom that purple will be there til the end. If it ends up like last season they really need to make some changes. I guess it wouldn't be good tv if the team or the individual with the lowest percentage goes home without a vote. I think it was Season 1 and Season 2 (maybe) when the biggest loser automatically got immunity. I guess that's too easy too and not enough drama. You know how it is...money, money, and more money. They have to pull people in and get them to join the club and buy the products. I would've done that without all of the drama. Is it me or have they not reported the overall totals that everyone has lost as whole at the beginning of each episode like they have been doing the past few seasons? I could miss that part bc I'm always multitasking.

Nicoyaangel
01-23-2008, 02:41 AM
I really thought they were going to send the purple team home. But again, the pink team looks marvelous now.

I was reading past posts - who has PCOS?

Briefasa Hime
01-23-2008, 05:18 AM
I'm so upset pink went home! D:<
Yellow team giving up their letters from home was really touching. I would've never been able to do that, even if it was to form alliances.
Dan in the kitchen making the oatmeal cracked me up! It's pretty much how I am.
Like I've said before, Orange team is JUST like me and my mom. I'll be devastated if they're the team that gets separated! D:

Tina30
01-23-2008, 07:55 AM
I just want to say that I love Betty Sue...I think that women had more spunk then any of them, and I'm sad she's gone:(

chellez
01-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I think my clear favorite this season is the gray team for the following:

You never hear them planning against anyone :nono:
They are the most genuine :high:
They love there families and have adorable kids :bb:
They have the most to lose :goodscale
They have a better friendship than most of the teams on the show :hug:
They dont get a lot of face time but when they do they don't make a****s of themselves :crazy:
Something about them makes me feel all squishy inside with feel good feelings :cloud9:
Did I mention they are the most genuine? :lol:

Now that I've said something they will get voted off... :p

Purplefirefly
01-23-2008, 08:34 AM
After last season's water weight issue, Jillian said on her radio program that they had made new rules that would prevent that from happening again. Now here we are not long after and it happens again...so, either this season was already taping and new rules start next time or the rules don't really exist/aren't being enforced.

I loved Bette-Sue and the show won't be as humorous without her. I was really happy to see her daughter, she looks great and will be a knockout for the finale.

missingmyerica
01-23-2008, 08:35 AM
I can't stand the woman on the yellow team! (I can't remember her name) She is such a wuss, stop crying already you big baby! OMG, does she EVER stop crying? She reminds me of Eyore from winnie the pooh! I get depressed just watching her. It's like she has a perpetual grey cloud over her head! Geez, lady...don't you eyes hurt from all that crying? UGH...get over yourself.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I have to say the yellow male partner is quite funny. I truly think in his mind he is a NINJA! LOL! I about died laughing when he put that suit on and did that karate move thing. They make quite the pair. :dizzy:

I was so pissed when the pink team went home. Good for them for speaking up. I can't stand that people would blow their weight loss like that for strategy. What about integrity? The purple team should go home and hang their heads in shame!

Diva
01-23-2008, 08:35 AM
That BetteSue and Ali went home was JUST a travesty. I love BetteSue even more that she just cutoff the apologies, and said, "You know what, just cut the crap and open that thing. Quit talking and apologizing, we know what you wrote, get on with it." LOVE HER FOR THAT. I thought she would be more honest than that in her closing comments but I guess she left it to Ali. But at least she called out the faking and the a$$ kissing going on. But Ali is so right - they were the ONLY team that hadn't been below the line, had a decent loss even that week, and didn't "throw" the weigh in. SO what we are left with are the biggest liars, the biggest cheaters, and the one team that will always max out on the weight, the black team. Everyone else will have to just run in circles to kill each other off. Still need to tweak somethign with the formula on this show, imo, bc it's not really about being the biggest loser. Those purple girls are going to make it to the finals just like the people in the last season, bc they were not threats. UGH.

I wouldn't have voted for the yellow team in the beggining at all, so I don't even understand why this show got there - to me it was all about black or gray, but then, I'm not staring at the numbers either, so I could be wrong.

I KNOW WHY THE YELLOW TEAM GOT DIVORCED. OMG, he is SOOOO all about himself. I hope he noticed that when he FINALLY let his wife go that last time, she was far faster and more nimble than him. ANd then that whole Jillian stage scene, while practically ignoring his wife. And the letter giveaway - he just said, we're doing it, didn't ask if she was ok with it. She just stands by and takes it all. Oh man, it's all about him and his universe. Makes me ill to watch it. Now I get it - and NO, I DON'T predict they will be getting back together. He loves himself too much. Poor woman.

I have had a really tough time getting into TBL this time around and BettySue & Ally were my favorites so now I have no reason to watch really. I LOVED when she cut the BS going on in the Elimination! OMG! LOVE her! I don't know how long I have wanted someone to just say exactly what she did! You go Betty Sue!!!

I feel differently about the Yellow team now. I do think it was nice of them to give the letters to everyone but I dunno. Mr. Yellow got pretty cocky last night and I can also see why they may have split. I am not seeing them back together either. I guess the only ones left to root for is Gray for me because they just seem like really nice, sensitive, down to earth guys to me. I could care less about any of the rest of them.

chellez
01-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I guess the only ones left to root for is Gray for me because they just seem like really nice, sensitive, down to earth guys to me. I could care less about any of the rest of them.

:cheer: Gray team is the best! Convert the to the Gray side! :lol:

Diva
01-23-2008, 08:46 AM
:cheer: Gray team is the best! Convert the to the Gray side! :lol:

Never underestimate the power of the Gray side!!! LOL!

jlbake The yellow team should have gotten rid of the orange team. The orange team is the biggest threat next to the black team. I think the orange team would get rid of the yellow team in a minute if it served them. It really ticked me off that they chugged water. I would love to see Bob and Jillian refuse to train them for a week because they threw the weigh in.

I would LOVE to see that too!

krjpy
01-23-2008, 08:59 AM
I know that some people have been asking why they didn't vote off the Grey team or the orange team since they were a biger threat. If you remember, they said they were only going to vote fore one of the teams that voted for them to go home (Black, Pink, and Purple). With the Black team out of the running with them being the biggest losers of the week, that only left the Pink and the Purple team.

I agree with DIVA and jibake, I would love to see them really slack off on the ones who threw the weigh-in (including the yellow team as they were in on it). I hope Bob and Jillian call them on it next Tuesday.

lovnmom
01-23-2008, 09:31 AM
1st, I couldn't understand anyone's reason for voting yellow to begin with. They won 1 week and suddenly they're a huge threat?!?!?! It was everyone's chance to rid themselves of the black team and they blew it. So, either there were alliances in place we were not privy to or the whole thing is rigged worse than survivor.
I didn't like pink so I don't care that they're gone.
Someone said the yellow guy is all about himself. He has to be. His ex is too busy crying and whining to step up and make any decisions. The only reason she wanted to get their second to last peg was because she didn't want the "pressure" of retreaving the LAST one. What pressure he had the other team smoked? If their strategy was for him to do all but one it made scence for him to continue since he was in a groove.
Purple, still not liking them. I started to feel sorry for them last week. They're young life sucks being young and heavy ya da ya da. Back to thinking they're just a product of the "me generation." Hand it to me, make it easy on me. They should go home.
It would be nice to see Mark go home and Jay stay. He's the much kinder gentler brother.
Nothing against Blue. They're both nice we'll have to see.
Orange, I'd like to see the son get it together. I think he's only weird, because his weight has made him too self conscious. The mom just seems like a bitter person who probably has a hard time being a real friend to anyone. Send her home so the apron strings get cut!
Go GRAY all the way! Loving these two guys and hope they can pull it off and live a long healthy life with their families.

lovnmom
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Oh and yes, Bob and Jillian both should call every water guzzling cheater out and leave them on their own.
I want to see more working out and less crying over letters from home. I want to see some sweat. Maybe even a little vomit. ( I know gross, but...) I want to see people glare at Jillian when she says, "ok, 10 more because so and so is slacking."

missingmyerica
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=lovnmom;2015164
Someone said the yellow guy is all about himself. He has to be. His ex is too busy crying and whining to step up and make any decisions. [/QUOTE]

Exactly! Amen sista, that woman must keep kleenex in business all on her own. My family thinks I'm nuts because I keep yelling at the TV, "Stop crying you big baby!"

Catsgetnhealthy
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Bob must have been SO mad at those who threw the weigh in, especially after his warning!

Yes I'm waiting for them to show his rath on that. I think he knew something would be up though and makes me wonder if the camera people let him in on what the constestants are up to.

Catsgetnhealthy
01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Why or why did they send the pink team home?

I think it's partly that the pink team voted for them to leave and that Betty Sue and Ali have been putting out big numbers each week.
Yellow team aligned with Blue, Orange and Purple.

Catsgetnhealthy
01-23-2008, 09:55 AM

They dont get a lot of face time but when they do they don't make a****s of themselves :crazy:
Something about them makes me feel all squishy inside with feel good feelings :cloud9:

ITA with ya Chellez. I've like these 2 from the get go.

dixied
01-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Even though I'd love to see a woman take the BL title, I'm gonna have to root for the Gray team from now on.

I just checked out the BL website, percentages lost so far are:

Mark - 18%
Dan - 15%
Bernie - 15%
Paul - 14%
Trent - 14%
Jackie - 13%
Jay - 12%
Roger - 12%
Kelly - 11%
Brittany - 9%
Jenn - 10%
Maggie - 9%

Looks like a close competiton as individuals, especially if you factor in those thrown weigh-ins last night.

Catsgetnhealthy
01-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Maybe even a little vomit.

I saw enough of that from the kid on the Blue team their first few days at the ranch. lol

Hun.e.B
01-23-2008, 11:41 AM
I think the rule was that if you had immunity and you gained weight you were automatically up for elimination.

Also, if both the purple team falls below the yellow line (which is very likely since neither of them ever puts up big numbers) then one of them will go. I'm not so sure they'll be there till the end.

I hope they show Bob giving it to Orange next week!

And, yellow team did say that they said going in that they would vote off black, gray or pink. And I think thats because those 3 teams banded together in that walking through the mud pit ball challenge. Not sure why after black got immunity they didnt go after gray but like Chellez said they are really good guys so maybe yellow saw that. Who knows. So much happens that we dont even see.

Hun.e.B
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Dee...OMG!! I need the same BL shirt as you! to not look like my mom!!!! that gave me goosebumps! I totally look like my mom when I'm fat!

NotTheCheat
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Chellez - I totally agree with your comments on the grey team. I recently watched season 2 because I hadn't seen it when I was on, and I was so moved by what good people both Dr. Jeff and Pete were. I know it is a game, but I really hate all the game play stuff.

I really didn't like how they made it all against one. I thought it was really cruel. The producers want drama and they are going to stir things up as much as possible to get it. I even wonder if some of the producers don't suggest to the contestants to do things like try and throw weigh-ins.

I really liked that the yellow team gave their letters to the others, regardless if it was game play or not. It was a really generous thing to do. Then of course the Trekkie in me melts a little bit when anyone quotes Spock. I also donít understand the argument about choosing anything besides game play as the reward for winning the weigh in. To me it is a no-brainer because you can see your family once it is done and if you manage to win you can buy yourself all kinds of luxury.

I was sad to see the pink go, but at this point I will be sad to see anyone go except for Mark. I figured they would have to go to individuals soon or else their season would be REALLY short.

dixied
01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm going to have to go back and rewatch parts of the show. I thought the Yellow Team said they would only vote for the Pink, Purple or Black because they were the ones who voted for the Yellow Team. And I can kinda see why, I'd be thinking, "You wanted to put us out, we'll put you out."

Melissa - Last year when my Mom, Aunt and Grandma came down for a visit we went shopping and we got separated in the store. I was looking for my Mom and said to my Aunt, there she is....umm, no wait, that's me, it's a mirror. Horrifying!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Okay...at the risk of alienating everyone here, I have to say that I love the orange team. They plan like Hubby and I would play...and, they're still losing weight! If you don't like trash talking, you'd hate to play card games or board games with us! We think the trash talking is the funnest part.:D

Anybody notice that Bette Sue didn't participate in the challenge last night? Yet, she did get letters? That's not too fair.

The ex-Hubby on the yellow team is a bit nutty, huh? Ninja master wanna be! :D

NotTheCheat
01-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Rhonda - There were several people who didn't end up participating in the challenge since yellow was so far ahead of the others. Bette Sue would have had to go eventually but they just didn't get to her. That isn't her fault. I really like the orange team too. I think if I were in the game I would probably play it like they do.

The thing that keeps annoying me the most is that in the end it is a GAME. That is what makes me so confused as to why people take things so personally. It isn't like anyone has a choice not to vote someone off. If they are all working hard, none of them deserve to go home more or less than anyone else.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Rhonda - There were several people who didn't end up participating in the challenge since yellow was so far ahead of the others. Bette Sue would have had to go eventually but they just didn't get to her. That isn't her fault. I really like the orange team too. I think if I were in the game I would probably play it like they do.

Actually, at the beginning of the competition, there was only one pink shirt...Bette Sue was missing from the line-up.

ggmugsy
01-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Rhonda - I see your ticker is coming down. Good for you!!

I used to be an American Idol fan but got totally turned off last year when I learned about the votefortheworst website. That website completely scewed the results of the AI competition IMO. What bothered me is that the AI people KNOW about the website and yet completely ignore it. It's BS.

At least with TBL people KNOW the orange team gained water weight on purpose to keep the Yellow Team on. I think it was crappy they didn't tell Bob and I hope he calls them on it.

I loved the pink team. They were quietly kicking butt and got booted for it. I don't, however, understand why they voted for the yellow team in the first place. Maybe they secretly hated the wife . . . lol!!! :)

Hun.e.B
01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Dee...you are probably right with it being purple and not gray.

zinkemomx2
01-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Now I need to wrestle the tv away from the kids so I can go watch that part of the show again.

Maybe if they didn't show so much of the crying about the letters we would have known if Bette Sue had an injury.

I was all for the pink team just because I liked Bette Sue's spunk. But now that she is gone, clearly I am with the ranks of all the rest of you smart gals in rooting for grey. They seem pretty real and so far have acted like really nice guys all the way around.

I would love to see a woman win it someday but I don't think that will happen unless they all start banding together to vote the men off. I would also prefer it to be that the lowest percentage person goes home. No ifs, ands, or buts. Not quite as much drama that way obviously, but I get tired of the game play. You are there to lose weight. Lose it or go home.

NotTheCheat
01-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Actually, at the beginning of the competition, there was only one pink shirt...Bette Sue was missing from the line-up.

Oops - I didn't notice that. Sorry about that.

chellez
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
If you watch closely... when everyone was on the treadmills Bettie Sue was on the bike alone in front of them. I think there's also a part of the show that you can see her ankle wrapped.

Shay
01-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Maybe that was from Bette Sue's fall on the treadmill? How long ago was that?

iwmonn
01-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Maybe someone with tivo would go back to the "private meeting" going on when deciding to do the water. As it ended they were saying pink, gray and Jenn must never find out? Was Maggie in on it and not Jenn from purple? What teams were there? And who was walking by outside as they were all leaving wanting to know what they were all talking about?

LOL I hope Bob whips all there behinds next week!!!

zinkemomx2
01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I personally like to think they didn't want to get Jenn involved since she had such low numbers all the time. I really need to watch that episode again.

sportmom
01-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Yes, that's what it was, one of the purples was in the hall saying "what's going on?" as they walked out and then it faded to commercial. SO we were unclear as if they looped her in or WHY they would keep her out (would she be opposed? The friend with MORALS? lol) But yes in the weigh in, it did appear that one of the purps was playing while the other was really trying hard that week and Bob gave her the death ray with his evil eye when he noticed the gap in the 2 of them. ANd he only spoke bad about her number, not the other girl.

The "water rule" they implemented is in place, but it's been stated by Alison as only, you must lose at least one pound our you will be eliminated. So they are not allowed to stay even or gain, but if they lose even one lb (like orangesun) they are safe. They are really cutting it close to play with numbers like that - what if they guess wrong with measuring the water and do too much? It's a crapshoot for sure.

I don't know why pink cast the final vote for yellow in the beginning either! It was probably just personalities OR, OR the beginning of an alliance we didn't get to see much of bc it was killed b4 it could get off the ground (purp, pink and black!!) Hmmmm....... I could see where black would ally with them - neither would be a threat to them but could keep them safe in votes if it ever came to it and black could keep pink & purp around til the end knowing they would never take home the cheese.

Verrrrry interesting!!!

Jen415
01-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey y'all: The water rule only works if a team/player has been given immunity and they "pull a Neil" or "pull a Matt" and water load to give them a good number at a weigh in that counts. What the orange team did not violate anything, since they did not have immunity at the weigh in.

And I HATE that pink is gone....who's gonna make those weird faces that Bette-Sue used to make? LOL

HoosierHeather
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I was surprised they picked pink, too. Seems like gray is a much bigger threat in future weeks than a girl-girl team. Those big boys always lose huge numbers and now that they're thinning down, those big numbers will result is a larger percentage than ever before.

I hated that they tried to manipulate the game though with the weight... IMO they should LOSE all they can and just do their best. It obviously backfired right in their faces, yk?

kaplods
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't fault players for the "game playing." Whether their goal is primarily the money or the weight loss, I can definitely understand the temptation to throw a weigh-in if it seems likely to better a person's chance of staying in the game longer. It's kind of sad when they throw another player under the bus in doing so, but I can definitely understand it. I think the premise of the show and the way it is and has been played makes it inevitable. It isn't a "fair" game at the outset and participants aren't rewarded for playing fair. I think it's what makes the show and it's contestants so easy to love and hate (and sometimes at the same time).

dixied
01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Sometimes I think the only fair way to play would be to have a season with all the contestants the same gender, same age, same height, and same weight. Other than that scenario, I think some form of gameplay is going to have to come into in at some point.

Anyone else F/36/5'4"/171 and want to test my theory? :rofl:

NotTheCheat
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I have been trying to think of a formula where TBL would actually be fair, and so far I can't think of anything besides what Dee suggested, and somehow I think TBL won't go for that. :)

The one I have been kicking around lately is % lost of available weight to lose, but then that adds the complication of setting a goal weight, and how do you base that? BMI? That ends up being unfair to people who have more muscle.

Purplefirefly
01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks for clearing up the rules on water everyone. I never heard the details of it.

scgirl32
01-23-2008, 07:20 PM
I think that at least part of the reason why there's never been a female winner is that there really haven't been *that* many women who were super-big when they got started. By that, I mean that so many of the men have about half of their weight to lose to even approach "healthy." Take the Gray team this season or Eric from the past season as examples. All of those guys started at a point where, losing half of their total body wouldn't make them "skinny." Most of the women on the show start at under 250 pounds. If a 5'7" woman weighs in at 250 and loses half of her body weight, she'll actually be at the low end of the "healthy" BMI range.

In the first few seasons, this was something that really bugged me. It wasn't until Isabeau and Amy (and the girl who got the boot first, whose name I can't remember!) showed up on the ranch that there was a woman at the ranch who weighed more than I did when I started working on losing weight (at least not one that I could remember!).

Ilene
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I love and will miss Bette-Sue :cry: I can't wait to see her on the finale show, she looked sooo good last night....With her double chin gone she looked fabulous!!

Ilene
01-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I just wanted to also add that I think it almost seemed Bette Sue and Ali were voted off last night because they were the ones to break the tie... If it would have been one of the other two teams who voted for yellow last, THEY would have been voted off...

Hun.e.B
01-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe the could do a women biggest loser and a man biggest loser. Men just lose faster the only way a woman is gonna be the biggest loser is if all the girls band together and kick off all the boys. But that would also require the men to not get immunity too.

sfj
01-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Sometimes I think the only fair way to play would be to have a season with all the contestants the same gender, same age, same height, and same weight. Other than that scenario, I think some form of gameplay is going to have to come into in at some point.

Close.

F/35/5'4"/178

onthetee
01-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Way to go, Chelle....you JUST killed them. As I read it, I could hear their dream dying in a distant corner of the universe.

Okay...at the risk of alienating everyone here, I have to say that I love the orange team. They plan like Hubby and I would play...and, they're still losing weight!

Oh, I totally dig them.

The pink team started the whole alliance thing when they were putting the balls in the bins. They teamed up with black, who was doomed to have a target on their back, and that had consequences. Once they started cozying up to the dark side, they put themselves in a position to be taken out. I do not feel sorry for them one little bit. Don't give me that "unjustly" crap. You play, you pay..... Why they voted for yellow in the first place is a mystery OTHER than the fact that they were aligned with black. When black could not go, they were the next in that bloc.

I think that for your exit speech, you can choose to be gracious, or you can choose to be "honest". It was not so much what they said as how they said it that rubbed me the wrong way. Gently saying, "We know it is us, can we please just end this?" would be much more tactful, IMO.

krjpy
01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
I think that for your exit speech, you can choose to be gracious, or you can choose to be "honest". It was not so much what they said as how they said it that rubbed me the wrong way. Gently saying, "We know it is us, can we please just end this?" would be much more tactful, IMO.

Maybe more tactful, but not necessarily more honest;). I personally was getting tired of listening to Kelly (Yellow Team) try and apoligize without apoligizing:cry::blah:. IMO Betty-Sue was right, enough was enough, just get on with it.

That being said, I didn't really care for the Pink Team 1 way or the other. I do think that the way they were gotten rid of (by the producers of the show who dreamed this twist up) was VERY shoddy:devil:. They didn't go below the yellow line, then or ever, hard work was not rewarded. I lost some respect for the show with this little game that was played.

ksk571
01-24-2008, 09:57 AM

Close.

F/35/5'4"/178

Me too! F/36/5'4"/177 Bring it on!! :lol:

chick_in_the_hat
01-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Me 3 or is it 4?! F/41/5'4"/168

suesully
01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
I just LOVE this thread! :love: So many interesting comments & thanks for telling about the water thing. I missed that somewhere.

Promised myself I would NOT get so emotionally involved this year. Keep repeating to myself that this is just a game. I still get POd when they vote off someone who has been doing good (remember Kae last time?). Ya, I know it is a game. I keep telling myself that. LOL :blah: I still hate that those who are not doing that great (aka purple) get to stay until the end.

I always liked the gray team was afraid to root for them as I figured I would jinx them. How weird is that??? :rofl:

hellcatjill
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I love how the Orange team is constantly plotting but still seem to work their butts off. I wonder how much they would have actually lost this week had they not thrown off the weigh-in?

I don't care for the Black Team, but they do work hard, so they would deserve to win, IMO.

Really, I'm all for anyone winning other than the purple team. It's not even that I have anything against them, but they just aren't doing that well. I can't believe they've made it this time.

So. . . next week one person from a team will go home? How will that work in weeks following?

sportmom
01-25-2008, 06:51 PM
But see, it seems to me like the black team is doing SO well and with not many struggles, that they could have done this at home had they just decided to. Does anyone else think that? I mean the one mean guy, is it mark?, could RUN a bootcamp I think.

cuppajoe
01-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Definitely time for nice Mr. Bob to kick some a$$. Take away their water bottles and get in some faces!!!!

So. Okay. Did everyone notice that the guys of the two "Romantic Hopefuls" couples [Blue strangers and the Yellow Ex's] BOTH mentioned girlfriends? I don't think we're gonna see sparks with either team!

AND--I definitely got the impression that the Blue team girl threw her weigh in too, right? If her partner Bernie finds that out for sure, he seems the type to be disgusted with her. Remember how he called out the White team guy for not trying hard enough? If I were him, I'd volunteer to give up my partner!

Those Purple Princesses have GOT to go! I don't think there's any mystery here--they're coasting. Self-involved whiners that would rather scheme than actually work out to win. They're lovin' the drama, but look at those petulant, spoiled faces at weigh in time!!

I'm sorry Alli got voted to go home. She seemed so sincere in her efforts and in how much she wanted to be there!

Deep breath......I LIKE Mark and Jay! They're big, competitive guys' guys. So they snarl a bit, they ARE like brothers and it's not like they were fistfighting or anything! They give the rest of the contestants a run for their money.

The Orange team Mom does get on my nerves...she seems to have a ton of control issues.

My other fave is the Yellow team guy. He just seems funny and cocky and I llike how determined he is. But his ex wife-----sheesh! She actually considered trading a pounds advantage for a massage?????????

Counting the minutes to Tuesday!!!

cuppajoe

Shay
01-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Melissa--They tried the guys vs girls in Season 2. The one with Matt and Susie. Jillian had the guys and Bob had the girls. The guys were putting up huge numbers and the girls had to chose someone to vote off on almost a weekly basis.

Cuppajoe--The girl on the blue team--It was her idea about the water. About throwing the weigh in. She was coaching people. Saying they would weigh the water, etc

I think Black has it but two brothers winning again...Same S.... Different Day. Boring. They just get on my nerves.

Diva
01-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm totally bored with the show to be honest, especially with Betty Sue & Ali gone. :(

I did just purchase the YOU on a Diet Book and The Biggest Winner - How to Win by Losing: The Complete Body Workout (5-Disc DVD Set: Shape Up - Front, Shape Up - Back, Cardio Kickbox, Maximize - Full Frontal, Maximize - Back in Action)
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BT99CK/ref=pd_cp_d_0_img?pf_rd_p=316286001&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000B5XPII&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HW6PXXP94Y4TBCY09FR) I'm excited! Jillian is so gonna kick my butt!

sportmom
01-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Roni, it must be a good dvd bc I've had it top of queue in my netflix for like 3-4 wks now (since release, basically) and it is so backordered. First it was short wait status and now it's long wait status! Eegads - I may never get the thing!!

Shay
01-28-2008, 05:35 AM
I was thinking of ordering Jillian's set for myself but I have so much stuff that I decided for the month of February I need to use what I have before ordering anything. They have a great price for it on Amazon. I don't know how long that will last. See...now I'm talking myself into buying it anyway. Maybe I will but use it as a reward once I begin using some of my stuff. Diva tell us how you like it.

Hun.e.B
01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
I dont mean boys vs. girls I mean...a boy BL and a girl BL.

Diva...where the H E double you know what have you been!?

eastcoastgirl
01-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Hun.e.B I was thinking the same thing - it seems like it's always so oddly matched when they have girl teams against boy teams. Even when they're doing percent weight loss, the guys have genetic/hormonal advantages plus in the end they usually have more to lose. They really don't show the purple girls working out very much so I don't know what kind of effort they're really putting in. But I have to say, after a few weeks of Jenn hardly losing anything, and with her history of loads of time at fat camp, I wonder if maybe she has some kind of medical issue that is holding her back. (Or on the other hand, if she's spent all this time at fat camp and the motivational factors are there all the time, maybe she's desensitized to it.)

I am generally kind of bored about this season still, even though I can't help but watch it every week. I don't have favorites, although it's kind of easy to root for blue since they're such a couple of cuties (and they will clearly be major knock-outs when they finish and have hot bods to go with their cute faces).

As for romance, whether or not they have girlfriends at home, I get the sense that Bernie and Paul would be happy to ditch their SO's to get with their BL partners if the opportunity came up. Let us not forget that whats-his-name left his wife for one of his BL competitors a couple seasons ago. Weight loss definitely changes people's outlook about their relationships.

Diva
01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
{{{{{mel}}}}}}

I've been around girly. I'm just not "feeling" this challenge. I don't feel like I am getting the support I need from the Black team as I do not know MOST of them and I feel left out a lot in the chat thread. A lot of times when personals are done there I am skipped right over as if I am invisible. I get that enough in my real life. I feel like I was purposely left off YOUR team so in return I am totally struggling. I am still posting, still reminding peeps about weight as requested, but I dunno...not feeling it at all.

Shay, I am suposed to get the DVD's on friday and will most likey start them next week, so I'll let ya know. :)

NotTheCheat
01-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Diva - :hug: As a member of the black team who hasn't been chatting as much I had intended I apologize! I will definitely try and step up my game in the thread so that you and everyone else feel supported.

Hun.e.B
01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Aww Diva, well you know you've always got my support 100%, I really want to see you succeed, you deserve good things in your life and gosh darn it its your time!! C'mon girl, we can do this!! Its not an easy road but we will end up on top!

Shay
01-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Melissa-After I typed it I thought maybe I read that wrong. I think that is a great idea. Even though I don't think I would watch the men only. I don't think it would be as inspiring--at least for me personally.

Purplefirefly
01-28-2008, 02:04 PM
I got all of Jillian's workouts from amazon...all 7 for $24, can't beat that! I started with the beginner ones, thinking I would move right to the boxed set...but NO, the beginner ones kick my butt! I just did the frontside for the second time this afternoon and can tell I will be sore. Last week after the first time I was sore all week from it! They are DEFINITELY worth the money, esp. the price they are right now. I had to order a book to get the free shipping, which is unbelievable for getting all of them. I do recommend to anyone thinking about getting them.

I wouldn't watch an all men BL show as much as I would an all woman one...but if they had it all in one show, but one man and one woman won at the end I would love that. I don't know about two seperate shows though. One would probably flop for sure.

YWeight
01-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Diva....I'm a fellow Black Team member who doesn't know anybody. What say we go hit that board and take over? I’m on the West Coast and mainly peek at the board during work….but, I’m here.

I have a BL idea - I've lost 70lbs on my own and now I am stuck, what if they got a bunch of us together….kind of like a BL Plateau Buster edition?

But back to this season...yeah, the Purple girls gotta go...and the Orange mom is kind of scary. Roll Tide, I'm rooting for the Grey team.

dixied
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I have a BL idea - I've lost 70lbs on my own and now I am stuck, what if they got a bunch of us together….kind of like a BL Plateau Buster edition?

But back to this season...yeah, the Purple girls gotta go...and the Orange mom is kind of scary. Roll Tide, I'm rooting for the Grey team.

Okay this jiggled something in my head. So they picked the Blue (strangers) team from the BL Club Online. Wouldn't you assume then, that Bernie and Brittany were already dieting/exercising when they got to the show? Isn't that the point of the online club? So their bodies may not have gotten that big first week loss that some of the others may have had. Of course they couldn't have been working out at Jillian levels, considering they way he was puking all that week, but still?

I've been listening to Jillian's podcasts all day here at work, and I've picked up some great ideas that I'm going to try and implement to break this stinking plateau. I will see 165 before the end of this challenge if I have to work out 3hours a day.

SoulBliss
01-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm just not "feeling" this challenge. I don't feel like I am getting the support I need from the Black team as I do not know MOST of them and I feel left out a lot in the chat thread. A lot of times when personals are done there I am skipped right over as if I am invisible. I get that enough in my real life.

I know EXACTLY how that feels. There have been 20 posts since I posted with personals to everyone who had posted on that day and not one person since commented on anything I said.

Last challenge, I was the Biggest Loser and I felt much the same. I lost every week, I said no to off-plan food and yes to exercise each and every week and felt like I was going at it alone most of the time.

It is very discouraging to feel like you don't matter even when you are doing all you can for the team and for yourself to ensure you don't let the team down.

This isn't meant to upset anyone, I'm not feeling sorry for myself or trying to guilt anyone. I just am posting because your post resonated with me, 100% and I don't know how to remedy it. I don't like putting myself out there when I feel I am just talking to myself in a vacuum.

:(

Diva
01-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Awwwww SB, I am so sorry you felt so alone last challenge. That's how I've been feeling in this one. WTG on losing anyways. I have the opposite happen with me. I end up feeling even more alone than I already do in my real life ( as far as the weight loss struggle goes) and it sends me straight to the fridge, even though I know it's wrong and I shouldn't be doing that. It's like I am outside of myself watching me do bad things. I NEED the support of the people here. This is why I have just decided all 3 teams are gonna have to put up with me, hehe. I'm gonna post everywhere! So there! :p

SoulBliss
01-29-2008, 09:17 AM
That is a good attitude! I just feel like that would be 2 other places I could be ignored, so I don't want to take that risk. :o

I just let things like this fuel my desire to better myself, to say YES to improving as I can. ;) It just gets tiring and discouraging.

:hug: Here's a hug for all of us! :)

On topic:

I look forward to the show tonight and wonder how it's going to go down. At least they are changing it up!

This season is not catching me like ones in the past. I usually DVR it and do something else while sort of watching. It's just not so compelling this season!

lovnmom
01-29-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm not on a BLT team, but I'd like to put my 2 cents in.
If you're doing well and have even been the biggest loser in the past...maybe some of your teammates are jealous of you? Maybe they would vote you off if they could, because you're the biggest threat?
Maybe a challenge thread isn't the place to look for support?
Just a thought.

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything but I think those last comments were pretty uncalled for. I certainly wouldn't vote ANYONE off this challenge. This isn't about who is the biggest threat, this challenge is about coming together and offering each other support in a fun atmosphere. I'm not jealous of anyone here, in fact all the success is what drives me to keep coming back.

I think with the team shake ups that happened this time around its taking awhile for everyone to meld and get to know each other. I don't think anyone here is purposely ignoring anyone, and if that is the case then THEY are the ones that don't belong in this type of challenge. We are all here working towards the same goal...not trying to beat anyone down.

Soulb..you weren't on my team last time around so I can't say what the dynamics were but I can tell you that you have my support 100% in your journey and if you ever need a pick me up, kick in the pants or a pat on the back you just let me know! I'm here for ya! I know without a doubt that I'm not the only one that thinks that!

knitsforfive
01-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm confused. I didn't know we were voting people off in the challenges. I just thought we were all there to challenge and support each other. Are we supposed to vote someone out? Sad.

eastcoastgirl
01-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Roni: I didn't know you weren't on the blue team! I totally see how you and Soulbliss are both feeling kind of left out. The teams are so huge, it's really easy to get lost. I don't know how it could be set up so everyone can be involved and also have the support of knowing everyone on your team. I have been struggling with the challenge, but I've also just been struggling in general for a few months and I have a really hard time keeping up with the team chat thread.

So, I don't have a solution, but I thought I'd chime in and say I am with you. And Soulbliss, congrats on being the biggest loser before!

Edit: I don't think that Lovnmom meant anything negative by her comments - she said straight out that she's not in the challenge and so she would have no reason to know that people aren't really competing with each other so much as with themselves. It just seems like her comment is getting taken out of context and starting rumors about the nature of the challenge.

Diva
01-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm not on a BLT team, but I'd like to put my 2 cents in.
If you're doing well and have even been the biggest loser in the past...maybe some of your teammates are jealous of you? Maybe they would vote you off if they could, because you're the biggest threat?
Maybe a challenge thread isn't the place to look for support?
Just a thought.

I think you couln't be more wrong about this. We are ALL iun this together and are truly happy and inspired for all the success everyone has in this challenge and also in other forums on 3fc's. It's a FRIENDLY competition, but mostly, we are in this for the support we can give and receive from eachother.

Diva
01-29-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm confused. I didn't know we were voting people off in the challenges. I just thought we were all there to challenge and support each other. Are we supposed to vote someone out? Sad.

Noooooooooooooooo we do not vote people off. That was just a comment from someone thats not even involved with this challenge hun, don't worry. :)

dixied
01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Diva, Soulbliss - I wouldn't vote either of you off. :grouphug:

Come on over to the Blue team thread, we're chatty so you might get more responses. Of course this week I'm barely keeping my head above water myself, due to big projects at work. And I decided to take Jillian's advice from her latest book and work out twice a day to maximize the afterburn. So, I'm feeling seriously deprived of internet time.

In defense of lovnmom's comments, if she's not in a challenge she probably didn't understand that we don't vote folks off like the show does.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Okay...since the subject came up, I feel perfectly justified in voicing my opinion. (well, you know I would have anyway!;)) It is extremely difficult to personally address each and every post. That is why many of our team member's don't even try to post as they don't want to offend anyone. Now, our threads are getting quieter and quieter. I'd prefer to hear how everyone is doing even if they don't personally chat with me. There are days when I get really really busy and just don't have time for personals, however, I do take the time to read each and every post. We need to stop putting pressure on others here and just provide the support, accountability and encouragement that we all need. This is why I joined the challenge and, so far, it works for me.

PS...If you get your feelings hurt and stop posting, you're only hurting yourself.

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 10:19 AM
NOOOO voting off LOL!! We are all in it to win it! A little friendly competition but we all want each other to succeed!

lovnmom
01-29-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm truly sorry my comment upset some that are in the "challenge" that is obviously not a challenge lol
I didn't mean to for sure.
Your BL teams must work like our miles walked/ran per month challenge. We really only challenge ourselves and encourage everyone else. I thank you for setting me straight. I've been posting at 3FC for many years and was confused that anyone here would "actually" challenge someone else.
Good luck to you all!

Diva
01-29-2008, 01:06 PM
lovnmom-I'm truly sorry my comment upset some that are in the "challenge" that is obviously not a challenge lol
I didn't mean to for sure.
Your BL teams must work like our miles walked/ran per month challenge. We really only challenge ourselves and encourage everyone else. I thank you for setting me straight. I've been posting at 3FC for many years and was confused that anyone here would "actually" challenge someone else.
Good luck to you all!

Not a problem. :) This Biggest Loser challenge has been going on a for a year, maybe a little more and is actually one of the most popular and successful ones on 3FC's. Lots have lost weight and continue to come back for more! Soulbliss was actually our winner last time. :) We do "challenge" each other and keep each other accountable. At least for those who chose to participate in the chat's and side challenges.

chick_in_the_hat
01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Ummm....at the risk of sounding like a PITA...but isn't this a thread about the show? You guys have a ton of chat threads about your challenges.

Speaking of the show - it's on tonight at 8PM!! :cb:

Dea
01-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Speaking of the show - it's on tonight at 8PM!! :cb:

Yes it is!!!

I don't think the purple ladies are going to last much longer.

I had to laugh last week when the orange guy talked about 'breakfast sodas'.
I had been quilty of those every once in a while....not in a long time though!

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 03:18 PM
My dh has his breakfast soda in the shower every morning!

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
LOL Gina...you know how chicks can be...we tend to wonder with our topics!

So who is everyone betting will go tonight? We should make a game out of it and see who is the best predictor!

I'm thinking that both purple members are gonna fall below the line and one of em is gonna go.

ksk571
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
My dh has his breakfast soda in the shower every morning!

In the shower? Doesn't it get soapy? :rofl:

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 03:31 PM
LOL, apparently not either that or he doesnt mind the taste of soap LOL! The man just loves his shower, I wouldnt be surprised if one day he was eating dinner in there!

Forgot to ask....who all is working out tonight while watching the show? I am!!

Dea
01-29-2008, 03:48 PM
I usually do laundry, or help one of the kids with homework while I watch TV.
Most of my workouts involve having a DVD in the tv anyway, so I wouldn't know what to do.
What kind of excercise do you do while watching the show...maybe I will give it a try!!

krjpy
01-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I am ... it is my "Last Chance Workout" since Wednesdays are my weigh-in days:)

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I have an elliptical so I use that, but you could even just do stretching, lunges and squats, work some abs during the commercials. Or I stepped up and down my stairs one night when I had to watch downstairs and couldnt do the elliptical.

I've got a challenge for everyone!!!

Try doing the imaginary chair during a commercial break! You know how you act like you are sitting in a chair with your back against the wall. Lets see who can make it through an entire commericial break!! Who's gonna try?

SoulBliss
01-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Aughhhh! Chair pose! :o

Okay, I'll do it. I had to do it for 6 minutes once to win a contest, so I'm game! :lol:

dixied
01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I'll be at the gym tonight, but there's only one TV, so it's a toss up as to what will be on. I will however be tivoing it at home.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Try doing the imaginary chair during a commercial break! You know how you act like you are sitting in a chair with your back against the wall. Lets see who can make it through an entire commericial break!! Who's gonna try?

Through a whole commercial break?! Yikes. Okay, I'll try.

sportmom
01-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I had planned to lift but am on the tail end (I hope) of yet another cold - seems to be a monthly installment plan I'm on. Will probably just be trying to get some sleep early through it.

YWeight
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Imaginary chair during the commercial break....hmmmmm...I'm in. I'll let you know how that goes.

Purplefirefly
01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Okay, I guess I am in for the chair thing, though I do that with Jillian's DVD and it about kills me...BUT, that is chair squat reps, so maybe sitting still on the wall won't burn as much :eek: During the show I like to do the walking steps from wakl away the pounds, either on the ground, on the step, or now I am loving jumping on the trampoline while watching (just have to pee every commercial break).

Hun--I had to laugh at your hubby! My hubby is that way with his baths. He takes in a big drink, his sudoku puzzle books and the week's worth of newspapers, and we all know he'll be in there for at least an hour :lol:

chiquita623
01-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I will try to do the chair pose during a commercial break. I'll report in tomorrow as to how that goes.

I know this is off topic but someone mentioned they had an eliptical. I am going to get one within the next couple of weeks and was wondering what kind you had and why you do or don't like it. I really don't know what it is I should be looking for in one so maybe you ladies (and gents, if any) can help me out. Thanks!!!

P.S. I'm hoping the purple team gets voted off tonight. Or at least one of them. It just doesn't appear that they are giving it their all or have their hearts in it. JMO!!

chick_in_the_hat
01-29-2008, 06:25 PM
LOL Gina...you know how chicks can be...we tend to wonder with our topics!

Say it ain't so... :s: I might try the wall sits during commercials - I've only ever tried a minute at a time. Official gym time is before the show - it usually makes me cry...can't concentrate on working out and watch, too. :dizzy:

chick_in_the_hat
01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I know this is off topic but someone mentioned they had an eliptical. I am going to get one within the next couple of weeks and was wondering what kind you had and why you do or don't like it. I really don't know what it is I should be looking for in one so maybe you ladies (and gents, if any) can help me out. Thanks!!!

Check out the exercise equipment forum (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213) - here's one (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101017) about ellipticals, but there are prolly more.

Dea
01-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I will take that challenge!!

I have a step thing....from the old Jane Fonda step aerobic days. Maybe I will pull it out, dust it off and do some steps while the show is on!!
Jane would be proud!

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I have an elliptical. Its a bodyfit by Sports Authority...their own brand of equipment. I really like it alot. It wasnt terribly expensive I think maybe $350 if I remember right. Its super quiet, pretty basic machine but it gets the job done. Its got manual tension and a heart rate monitor as well as calorie counter and distance counter and all that. I've had it I think 2 years now and never a problem!

Shay
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm thinking about doing a program on my treadmill but I don't know because I tend to miss quite a bit when I'm on the treadmill. I also don't know about the wall chairs bc I was running during commercial breaks one time and I was complaining out loud about the length of the breaks! We'll see. Okay I will do the wall chairs so that just means I won't do the treadmill. Maybe I will workout with my dumbells.

Diva
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Hmmmmm, they are gonna go Black vs Blue. Are we doing away with Red all togther on the show? I wonder if Kim will come back next season? Interesting....

Shay
01-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Okay I'm not doing the wall chair yet. I usually exercise during the 2nd hour. I was so surprised with Bob's choices. The team he gave Jillian is the team he would have picked in the past. How dare they say something about my Bob? I think he was wise. Purple talk, talk, talk and don't do anything. Yellow they just cry and complain--whoa is me. Blue--remember Brittany orchastrated the water logging last week. Go Bob! I already don't want the black team to win...can you tell? No repeats of last season please!

Diva
01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
WOW! I am actually getting a good little workout in during the commercial and storm breaks! I'm getting the heart rate up and working up a sweat. We don't have any empty walls for me to do the chair, but I did try out some of Bob's yoga poses....wow!

Anywho, we have some bad storms rolling in so if I am gone a while, that's why. All we need is a nice breeze and my internet (charter) is down, lol!

Shay
01-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Okay I haven't exercised at all or did the wall chairs. I flunk. I'm hoping Jenn goes home. I think Maggie is the stronger of the two and maybe she will flourish after Jenn leaves. I'm just tired of Kelly. If she goes home instead I wouldn't have a problem with that. What do you think about their weigh ins? Do you think they did some behind the scenes scheming to get one of the girls to go home? I just think its funny they are the only ones that did well on their team. Okay Bernie pulled a 5lb lost....but hasn't he lost more in the past?

Shay
01-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Aren't the girls in that family beautiful? Here's hoping Jenn continues to do well.

Now who are they kidding? Paul's feelings for Kelly are hidden? In what world?

Diva
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I was really hoping Kelly was going home. I am so sick of her. grrrrrr I had fun exercising during the show though. it was fun and I would have never have done it had it not been for you girls on here, so Thank you all very much for motivating me. I feel good. :)

onthetee
01-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Tornados and power outages here....WHAT HAPPENED??? I saw the weigh in, but not the elimination.

Diva
01-29-2008, 10:15 PM
They voted off Jenn. :(

onthetee
01-29-2008, 10:16 PM
They voted off Jenn. :(

How did she do at home?

OT: I am eating the worst tangelo ever. I am going to throw it away. Gack.

Purplefirefly
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Jenn was the best choice if the black team wanted to have any chance at all in future weeks. Yes, Jenn pulled 5 lb. this week but she hasn't been a big loser in the past weeks, and the yellow team did pull bigger numbers most weeks.

I really, really hope the black team can pull through at least a few weeks, but I honestly feel they don't have a chance.

I was disappointed after Bob picked his team. He tried to make it out like he was picking those teams because he really liked the people, but it is obvious he picked them because they are the biggest losers and he just wants to win. It had nothing to do with who was in the shirts, just their numbers on the scale. He could have at least been honest instead of making it out like he had to leave brittney for Jillian since they bonded...please, anyone can see through that one.

Teams are so uneven and unfair now it's not going to be as fun to watch for me :( Unless Jillian can pull them up and make them lose like never before, I think they'll be wiped out quickly, then they'll go to singles and the last woman or two will go, and it will be another battle between the men. It's getting old...why not just start with all men to begin with? Seems the women don't have a chance anyway.

Okay, I did get 90 minutes on the trampoline though :carrot: I feel good at least about that :)

Purplefirefly
01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Jenn looked really good! I forget now, but she lost either 50 or 60 lb. and her comparison picture was amazing.

onthetee
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I was disappointed after Bob picked his team. He tried to make it out like he was picking those teams because he really liked the people, but it is obvious he picked them because they are the biggest losers and he just wants to win. It had nothing to do with who was in the shirts, just their numbers on the scale. He could have at least been honest instead of making it out like he had to leave brittney for Jillian since they bonded...please, anyone can see through that one.

Okay, I did get 90 minutes on the trampoline though :carrot: I feel good at least about that :)

Yeah, not feeling the Bob love. I think he wants revenge from last season. Bob has always railed against game play...I notice mostly when it is his team that is effected. HATED game play when it eliminated darling Kae. Perfectly happy about it when other teams were losing members. I was glad to see him feel bad after Brit's speech. He should.

90 minutes on a trampoline?? After my babies, I cannot imagine the amount of urine that would be lost! :o

onthetee
01-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Applications are being taken for Season 6. They are looking for pairs again. I would love to see two 3FC women team up and get on the show. What a great hook for TV---Internet friends who met on a weight loss board!

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/about/casting.shtml

zinkemomx2
01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
I get a "D" for my workout. I had to work today and I lugged around 22 boxes of books and did tons of bending and reaching. I am a little bit sore so I only did some stretches with the new resistance bands I bought today.

Jenn is looking good at home. She was down to 201.

Kelly's crying is starting even starting to drive me nuts.

At first I thought Bob was trying to get back at those that threw the weigh in last week. But the orange team water loaded to unless he didn't think they did.

I can't believe Brit only lost 2 pounds this week since the whole water thing last week was her idea.

Did I hear Paul correctly when he said he was trying to cut back an extra 400-500 calories a day without anyone finding out about it? Poor guy is probably starving himself to death.

I always tape the show to watch again later in the week while I am on the treadmill so I will get some walking in next time around.

Shay
01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Jillian plays the game herself she just didn't get a chance to do it this time because she lost the challenge. I remember her making comments and giving looks last season. I think its interesting that it happens in a season when they are trying to show the "softer" side of Jillian. I never remember the trainers being so involved with game play until last season when they started including the trainers at the weigh ins. I so do not like that. I like the separation of the trainers from the alliances, etc. I say go Bob. There's nothing wrong with stacking the deck in other competitions why not this one. I say this gets Jillian back for Season 2 when they gave Bob the all woman team. How unfair was that? Everyone knew he would lose.

Purplefirefly
01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Applications are being taken for Season 6. They are looking for pairs again. I would love to see two 3FC women team up and get on the show. What a great hook for TV---Internet friends who met on a weight loss board!

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/about/casting.shtml

I think that is an awesome idea! I would LOVE to see a pair of us get in the real competition!

Purplefirefly
01-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Jillian plays the game herself she just didn't get a chance to do it this time because she lost the challenge. I remember her making comments and giving looks last season. I think its interesting that it happens in a season when they are trying to show the "softer" side of Jillian. I never remember the trainers being so involved with game play until last season when they started including the trainers at the weigh ins. I so do not like that. I like the separation of the trainers from the alliances, etc. I say go Bob. There's nothing wrong with stacking the deck in other competitions why not this one. I say this gets Jillian back for Season 2 when they gave Bob the all woman team. How unfair was that? Everyone knew he would lose.

I don't fault Bob for picking those teams...I just thought it was cowardly to for him to say he's picking them because he cares for those people, etc. when we all know he picked based on winning. He should stand up and be honest about that, not try to make it out like he's picking them because he's bonded with them. The big thing that I didn't like was when he said he couldn't pick brittney because she bonded with Jillian and he knew Jillian wanted her...BS! He didn't want them because they didn't put up the biggest numbers.

Game play is fine, but at least be honest about it.

onthetee
01-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Did I hear Paul correctly when he said he was trying to cut back an extra 400-500 calories a day without anyone finding out about it? Poor guy is probably starving himself to death.

I wasn't sure if he was cutting 400-500 or if he was down to only 400-500. either way, that boy needs to eat more. B did the same thing last season. Blondie was BEGGING him to eat 1700 cals a day. (Can you imagine? Oh, the things I could do with 1700 calories a day!)

Ilene
01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
I agree that there should be two shows, one for men and one for women... We just don't lose the same way as men.... It is definitely not fair, like comparing apples and bananas....

Great idea to send someone from 3FC :woohoo: c'mon girls send your applications in :cp: ...

chellez
01-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I wasn't surprised a purple went home... I'm really satisfied with the teams that Bob chose.

Did I mention he looked super hot winning over Jillian?

IF they end up getting rid of the Red team completely then it will make for interesting future shows!

Wonder if they are going to stick with pairs for the next few seasons... I hope not!

BTW... I worked out after I watched TBL for a full 25 minutes on the treadmill! :D

Go me for a strong first workout in forever!:carrot:

Shay
01-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Purplefirefly--Got it now. But I don't think he was BS'ing. I've watched this show every season and although I don't know him personally (of course I don't) I just don't see BS coming from him. Kim, yes. Bob or Jillian, no.

sportmom
01-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I was disappointed after Bob picked his team. He tried to make it out like he was picking those teams because he really liked the people, but it is obvious he picked them because they are the biggest losers and he just wants to win.

And what is wrong with that??? lol :) I mean, that's the name of the game, right? I just wish he would have answered up to Britney's sob story with something like, "Dear Brit, I had a real hard time picking you when you were one of the organizers of last weeks water gain when you knew I had asked you all not to do game play." Shove it right in her face about why she had burned HER OWN BRIDGE with Bob. Bob isn't doing game play - nothing hidden or behind the scenes in what he did - he made the best case scenario for himself from the rules presented to him.

It's no more unfair than last season when Jillian had to take on all the outcasts in the desert. And look how well they came out of it. She took perceived slackers and turned them in to winners!

I took was wondering if Kelly/Paul intentionally gained, but the way Jillian jumped all in about next week's focus was food, it's almost as if she suspected that something was not adding up in the kitchen. I can't see what the benefit would have been to gain - yes, maybe to force purple off, but that could have SO easily backfired against THEM knowing that their orange allies weren't around to help them. I could have totally seen them getting sent out bc they will both have ddigit wl's next week.

And you guys named Kelly spot on. She was even crying tonite BEFORE she got on the scale. Puh-leese. Clearly she was just having TOM - i wonder if anyone ever mentions that big fact of life for the women & if NBC just edits it out, or if it truly never comes up!

kaplods
01-29-2008, 11:25 PM
I only got to see the weigh-in, so I didn't catch how the teams were picked, but did Bob really get to pick his entire team? No wonder they teams are so mismatched.

It's funny, because my husband hates the show, and plays computer games while I'm watching, and even he noticed how mismatched the teams were, and commented on it, saying "how can they pretend that's fair," and compared it to watching jeopardy and seeing adult geniuses pitted against fifth grade special ed students.

It does seem to me that the weight loss is secondary to the soap opera stuff
this season. I had a feeling that if Kelly or Paul weren't voted off we would be seeing romantic sparks in some way (even if one-sided) down the road, but I didn't expect them to reveal it already in the preview.

Hun.e.B
01-29-2008, 11:29 PM
I dont think it was cowardly of bob at all, I believe he really does feel that way about those teams. We don't get to see all the interactions with the trainers and the teams and we all know without a doubt they bond more with some teams that with others. Some of the former contestants blogs talk about how the trainers are around the house a lot, we don't see any of that hardly. Maybe he just didnt meld well with Bernie and Brittney, we dont know. I'm glad he didnt defend his choices, let them eat sour grapes.

Of course Bob wanted to best team, I'd be willing to bet anything Jillian would have done the same thing. Both bob and Jillian are fierce competitors. Thats what makes them great trainers and great for this show.

I really hate to see the poor me stuff, suck it up and do what you are there to do. And I really cant feel sorry for black team because they have Jillian as a trainer...now if they had Kim, I might feel differently LOL.

chellez
01-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Thinking about anything romantic between Kelly and Paul makes me want to barf! :barf:

Look how they cheesed it all up in the previews for next week too! :barf::barf::barf:

NotTheCheat
01-30-2008, 12:08 AM
One thing I can't figure out is why everyone is saying the purple girls weren't losing well when they had both lost more than Britney. Why are they getting on their case and not Brittney's?

It was totally obvious that Bob was stacking his team, and in a way I don't blame him. It is a game and he wants to win. Jillian kicked his :censored: in the last season.

That was very shocking about Paul and Kelly gaining and not losing. It is almost unthinkable in a weigh in where someone isn't' trying to throw the numbers.

I loved the part with Trent doing yoga. He is such a cutie!

NemesisClaws
01-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Honestly, I'm not surprised that Jenn got voted off. But I do think that if Kelly didn't already have the potentional to lose even more that she would've been voted off first. Frankly, I wish this woman would stop crying every time they feature her. I know this is an emotional journey, but golly!

However, I just don't see her taking her ex-husband back. Even in the previews next week, from the expression on her face when he admitted he still had feelings for her, she just didn't look like she was digging it. In fact, she kinda looked like she had heard all this before. I betcha when his girlfriend back home watches this episode, she's gonna be really pissed....

And finally....while the resulting team match-ups were grossly unfair, I personally would've been rooting to get on Jillian's team. I like her style of training a lot more than Bob's pretty much. :)

practiceliving
01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Okay - did anyone else LOVE seeing Jillian very raw and human this week? When she was crying about losing her teams and everything... Oh man. I think that is what I like about TBL: Australia, that they show the human side of the trainers more than TBL: USA does.

Brittany rocks my socks - I think she might be one of my favourites.

I felt SO bad for the Black team this week - what the heck was going on?! That said, I am soooo not surprised that Jenn went home. As much as she ran her mouth about working hard, she just didn't seem committed to the ranch. I'm glad she's having success at home, though!

Also - the product placements are actually PAINFUL. It's like they aren't even trying to disguise the mini-commercials anymore. Sheesh.

Yellofly
01-30-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm sure I'm going to get some flack about this, but... Did it seem like Jillian was really trying to win the challenge? I mean, it seems as though she kind of slacked off after the first 3 or so runs up the escalator. *I know I couldn't do more than one or two, please don't take this arrogantly, I'm just really trying to figure out what the heck happened here*

Maybe she didn't want the responsibility of choosing the teams. It seems that it was a catch 22 in her mind. She didn't want to alienate herself from anyone, I think. (example: britney was opening up to her. So if Jillian chose Britney to be on her team, Brit could have felt as though she wanted to be with Bob. But if Jillian didn't choose Brit, Brit might have felt rejected, etc. Same with all the other contestants. No one likes to feel rejected, plus, it brings back the old high school feeling of being excluded / gym class / etc.)

But also, Jillian REALLY didn't seem to be digging the fact that she had to compete. Sure, she must have been thrown that the teams were dividing up again, and she did state that it's hard to have to realize that the competition just got less friendly than it was, but her body language was very different than I've seen before. From the time she was taking off her jacket, she was acting very differently than she usually does. She really didn't want to compete. Maybe she was feeling sick? (dare I say, TOM? / some phsyical issue / injury)? Or was she frustrated because she was scripted/told to throw the challenge?

I don't know, something about her just seemed off. She didn't have that competitive fire in her eyes. And when she cried, (OK, maybe she was hormonal), but maybe she was frustrated with herself for having thrown the challenge? I don't know. Again, something felt unauthentic about her challenge, but the tears felt real.

I'm not bashing Jillian in any way, I just got a weird vibe about the whole thing. If I had to guess, I'd say she avoided being the "bad guy" to anyone by throwing the challenge and letting Bob have to pick the teams. (Smart girl, if that's what she did.)

Did anyone else pick up on Jillian's behaviour? Maybe it's just me?

-Yello. (Please don't throw the tomatoes at me too hard, I suck at dodgeball.)

Shay
01-30-2008, 06:26 AM
No it wasn't just you. It wasn't that I think she threw the challenge. She just didn't try hard enough purposefully. Does that make sense? She could of slacked off and still won but that wasn't the case. I mean this woman is fit and you're trying to tell me she can't do this? I know she's human but she could've did a better job than she did. I agree she didn't want to pick the teams. She has never had to do that. Only Bob and Kim.

missingmyerica
01-30-2008, 06:32 AM
I was disgusted by last nights show. Talk about exploiting people, geez! Okay, so here come a bunch of obese people who have to be at their lowest point to begin with, they most certainly have endured being ostracized, made fun, and left out for most of their fat lives. Doubtful, any of these people have a whole lot of self esteem. They finally see some light at the end of the tunnel, they start opening up to their trainers and develop a relationship with them....and then what do they do? They make them stand there like kids in grade school waiting to be picked by the popular kids. I was honestly disgusted. Then for Bob to pick a team that gave the other team NO chance whatsoever of competing against, made me lose all respect for him. I know this is reality TV, but as we see week after week, these are real people with feelings. How many of us have been left out? How many of us have felt we aren't good enough to be picked? This show should be better than that. It is supposed to be inspiring, not encourage people to open up to someone only to be betrayed by them. What kind of message is that? Bob should have had the guts to make the teams even at least. There is NO possible way for the black team to win against the blue team. It's not possible. I am very disappointed in this show. I think I'll stick to "you are what you eat" on the BBC network. Much more uplifting and positive.

Purplefirefly
01-30-2008, 08:47 AM
I didn't think Jillian seemed the same either, but we will probably never know why. She said on there that she didn't want to pick the teams, right before they started the challenge. When she was basically walking in one place as Bob ran right past her I felt something wasn't right. She's fit enough to be running up and down, not walking as if out of breath. She was either throwing it or isn't as fit as she looks.

Jillian taking the outcasts in the desert last season was different than this...I don't see how it can be compared in terms of fairness. They were left in the desert right from the beginning, before anyone really got to know anyone so it wasn't so personal. They weren't chosen to be left there by the trainers but by other competitors. AND Jillian took on that job knowing from the beginning what her job was. This time around, it's a surprise to them all, they are being hand picked by the trainers and it's far enough into the show to feel very personal. Jillian took the black team knowing up front what the game was last season, but this was thrown on her.

I still think Bob was not being honest with the obvious reasons he picked his team. There is nothing really wrong with how he picked, but come on...he didn't pick Britney because he was thinking of Jillian? I dont' see how anyone can think that was a genuine excuse. I would have a lot more respect for him had he just come out and said "I picked the best team possible because I want to win this game. It's my turn!" I would have loved that...though I still won't find much pleasure watching this unfair competition at weigh ins.

BUT you know, it is the transformations that make this show worth watching for me. I really hate seeing people drug out and beaten down emotionally in the process, but it's the ending results and personal stories that motivate me, so I keep watching. I just feel every season they slide deeper into the gutter, and it's going to get so dirty I won't be interested anymore...and I'm sure I'm not the only one :( Losing weight is emotionally hard to begin with, but to deal with all this other pressure is sad.

missingmyerica
01-30-2008, 08:55 AM
I just feel every season they slide deeper into the gutter, and it's going to get so dirty I won't be interested anymore...and I'm sure I'm not the only one

That is EXACTLY how I feel. It is going from a show that inspired me to just another exploitive, makes you feel dirty for watching it....do anything for ratings reality show. So sad. My 9 year old son and I have watched this show religiously, but now I think it's going down the wrong road. Maybe they will realize that all of America is not the dim witted, shallow...britney spears news addicted idiots they think we are. I for one can handle a show that is geared towards people with a brain and emotions.

Diva
01-30-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm sure I'm going to get some flack about this, but... Did it seem like Jillian was really trying to win the challenge? I mean, it seems as though she kind of slacked off after the first 3 or so runs up the escalator. *I know I couldn't do more than one or two, please don't take this arrogantly, I'm just really trying to figure out what the heck happened here*

Maybe she didn't want the responsibility of choosing the teams. It seems that it was a catch 22 in her mind. She didn't want to alienate herself from anyone, I think. (example: britney was opening up to her. So if Jillian chose Britney to be on her team, Brit could have felt as though she wanted to be with Bob. But if Jillian didn't choose Brit, Brit might have felt rejected, etc. Same with all the other contestants. No one likes to feel rejected, plus, it brings back the old high school feeling of being excluded / gym class / etc.)

But also, Jillian REALLY didn't seem to be digging the fact that she had to compete. Sure, she must have been thrown that the teams were dividing up again, and she did state that it's hard to have to realize that the competition just got less friendly than it was, but her body language was very different than I've seen before. From the time she was taking off her jacket, she was acting very differently than she usually does. She really didn't want to compete. Maybe she was feeling sick? (dare I say, TOM? / some phsyical issue / injury)? Or was she frustrated because she was scripted/told to throw the challenge?

I don't know, something about her just seemed off. She didn't have that competitive fire in her eyes. And when she cried, (OK, maybe she was hormonal), but maybe she was frustrated with herself for having thrown the challenge? I don't know. Again, something felt unauthentic about her challenge, but the tears felt real.

I'm not bashing Jillian in any way, I just got a weird vibe about the whole thing. If I had to guess, I'd say she avoided being the "bad guy" to anyone by throwing the challenge and letting Bob have to pick the teams. (Smart girl, if that's what she did.)

Did anyone else pick up on Jillian's behaviour? Maybe it's just me?

-Yello. (Please don't throw the tomatoes at me too hard, I suck at dodgeball.)

No tomatoes here. I felt the same way.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Maybe they will realize that all of America is not the dim witted, shallow...britney spears news addicted idiots they think we are. I for one can handle a show that is geared towards people with a brain and emotions.

While I am disappointed in the road that BL has taken, I do love my reality TV! Big Brother, Survivor, Apprentice, Amazing Race...I'm all over it. I guess I'm one of those dim witted and shallow Americans.:D

Purplefirefly
01-30-2008, 09:26 AM
While I am disappointed in the road that BL has taken, I do love my reality TV! Big Brother, Survivor, Apprentice, Amazing Race...I'm all over it. I guess I'm one of those dim witted and shallow Americans.:D

Me, too! I love reality TV and hubby rolls his eyes when he comes home and sees what I have saved on the DVR to watch :lol: BL has just been one of my favorites and I felt it had more of a positive purpose in the way it changed the participants lives (or at least had the potential to if they stuck with it afterward). Just seems like now the emphasis is not on the weight loss or making positive changes as much as shaking it up for ratings, and I find that sad. A lot of other shows, like Big Brother, you know it's in the gutter and just expect that, they didn't start out with a bigger purpose and slide downhill.

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 09:26 AM
No tomatoes from me either. I can see why Jillian wouldnt want to pick the teams because then everyone would be talking about her like they are Bob today. I dont get why its so hard to believe that bob was sincere in his picking when he's been nothing but sincere every season. Thats what we've all fallen in love with, that and the fact that hes HOT! I also dont get how people can feel sorry for Black team, they have Jillian as a trainer and we all know what she is capable of, just look at the history. yeah, they had a down week dont expect every week to be that way. She's gonna take control and we'll see numbers again.

Nancy I noticed that about Brittney last night too.

I still love this show! I think it is great! No matter all the drama and the twists and turns which btw is what keep people coming back. But these people ARE losing, they ARE changing their bodies and their lives. The inspiration factor hasnt left.

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 09:28 AM
And Big Brother is starting soon!!!!!

missingmyerica
01-30-2008, 09:38 AM

That's a shame. I too, like many of those shows, I just don't like the fact that producers feel they need to keep dumbing down the shows to get ratings. Last night was a prime example of that. Let's watch the fatties not get picked for the team....isn't that funny? Let's watch them work their asses off only to realize they don't have a chance in **** of winning because the deck was purposely stacked against them...fun times...fun times! I'd like to think we as an audience deserve more than that. Just because someone is selling garbage doesn't mean you have to buy it. Just sayin.

missingmyerica
01-30-2008, 09:40 AM
BL has just been one of my favorites and I felt it had more of a positive purpose in the way it changed the participants lives (or at least had the potential to if they stuck with it afterward). Just seems like now the emphasis is not on the weight loss or making positive changes as much as shaking it up for ratings, and I find that sad. A lot of other shows, like Big Brother, you know it's in the gutter and just expect that, they didn't start out with a bigger purpose and slide downhill.

I completely agree with you.

onthetee
01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I wasn't surprised a purple went home... I'm really satisfied with the teams that Bob chose.

Did I mention he looked super hot winning over Jillian?

Chelle--be honest. Bob could suggest adding babies for protein to your Weight Control Quaker Oatmeal, and you would forgive him.

It's funny, because my husband hates the show, and plays computer games while I'm watching, and even he noticed how mismatched the teams were, and commented on it, saying "how can they pretend that's fair," and compared it to watching jeopardy and seeing adult geniuses pitted against fifth grade special ed students.

I don't think they have ever tried to pretend it was fair. I think they are trying to make good TV.

I agree that they must assume the audience is moronic. I am willing to go a step further and say that they make assumptions about an audience that is more likely to be overweight. I think they see us as more emotional, dumber and enticed by drama.

SoulBliss
01-30-2008, 09:47 AM
So TBL is looking for pairs again? I am so ready to do that! I am willing to drop everything that's going on in my life for the opportunity to focus just on me for a good run! I can only imagine how well I would do, how much weight I would lose when that was ALL I had to do! Who wants to partner up? ;)

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree onthetee...I didnt ever get the idea they were trying to play the teams off as fair.

You know, NBC sells those BL shirts but the biggest they come in size L/XL. I emailed them and asked them why they were ignoring the target market of this show and they refuse to answer my question. Just thought it was kinda funny, they do a show for fat people but dont make sizes big enough for us to wear.

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 09:51 AM
SB...if I could get out of classes without the financial penalty I'd sign up for sure!

chellez
01-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Chelle--be honest. Bob could suggest adding babies for protein to your Weight Control Quaker Oatmeal, and you would forgive him.

:rofl::lol3::lol:

Yes my dear.... you are correct!

I don't care how far in the gutter the show goes.... as long as they keep Bob around to show me some of his fine self every week I'll be happy!

OMG! totally forgot....

Anyone see him do the downward god... um I mean dog :lol: pose last night?
Look at that cute little butt! :drool:

zinkemomx2
01-30-2008, 09:57 AM

:rofl: :lol3: :rofl:

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 10:06 AM
LOL Chelle you are too much! I got down and dogged with him!!

SoulBliss
01-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I love doing a modified downward dog, with forearms and palms ON the mat. SO much better for me!

Maybe we should start a thread for people interested in applying and pairing up. I am serious, I want to do it, and no one in my day to day life is looking to lose weight!

Hun.e.B
01-30-2008, 10:12 AM
I bet there's gotta be someone around here that would LOVE to sign up and needs a partner too! And you've got a great shtick you met in a weightloss support forum!

Ilene
01-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Anyone see him do the downward god... um I mean dog :lol: pose last night?
Look at that cute little butt! :drool:Totally agree :flame: :flame: man!!

Diva
01-30-2008, 10:25 AM
LOL Chelle you are too much! I got down and dogged with him!!

HA! So did I. I had to keep my drool in check. The boyfriend was watching with me! LOL!

ggmugsy
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree that Jillian seemed "off" during the competition. I wouldn't have wanted to pick teams. How awful for everybody involved.

I lost a lot of respect for Bob after he KNEW Bernie and Brit's feelings had been hurt and he said NOTHING to them about it. He was completely cold when Brit was crying at the weigh in. I understand why he picked the people he did, but the former blue team had bonded with him and I believe he owed some sort of explanation or apology to them. Particularly Bernie.

I'm sick of Kelly and I don't like Paul. He's a loose cannon. Eating all that food at the first temptation, not eating his calories now . . . blah, blah, blah. I'm certain every contestant has been told they will lose more weight by eating the proper number of calories. Isn't this entire competition supposed to be monitored by doctors to make nobody endangers their health?? He's either a total idiot for cutting back so much or he's lying through his teeth.

Wasn't Jenn's weight loss 7 pounds last week and 6 this week? She's hit a consistent stride IMHO. It's the yellow team that is inconsistent.

Kelly is injured and so is Paul. I know this opinion won't be popular but I felt Jenn pulled her weight and the yellow team didn't. I'd have sent one of those two home.

Brit kicked fanny. She looked so strong on the escalator!! I think she's emerging as my favorite contestant.

I, too, am interested in the TOM situation. How can they avoid discussing something that can completely throw the weight for each woman off for a week each month??

Trent was amazingly flexible. :) Fun to watch a man enjoying yoga like he did.

Robin41
01-30-2008, 11:08 AM
First, I could not be more tired of people moaning about how they weren't picked. This is not the fifth grade. Grow up. Maybe Bob didn't pick Blue for the obvious reason that they are dull as dishwater. How bout that for a more "acceptable" reason?

The Jillian crying thing was ridiculous. They're obviously trying to soften her up but she's as hardcore competitive as anybody I've ever seen. I thought most of the tears were over getting her A** handed to her in the challenge. I don't think she would throw it; I think Bob just ran her into the ground.

Kelly, Stop Crying! Holy cow she makes women look bad.

Paul did not Gain 3 pounds because he cut his calories too much. That was crap. Too few might make you stall but it doesn't make you gain 3 pounds in a week. You need extra calories to gain. He ate too much, it's that simple. Ninja boy ate too many pieces of Extra gum, apparently.

Totally developing a crush on Roger. That accent just kills me and he is just so sweet. He was cute fat and he's only getting better.

onthetee
01-30-2008, 11:22 AM

I am a weeper by nature. I cry at EVERYTHING. I cannot listen to country music; I cannot read certain children's books; I cannot watch Oprah. So I try to be really sympathetic to those who also are cry babies....and Kelly is even getting to me.

chellez
01-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Bob after he KNEW Bernie and Brit's feelings had been hurt and he said NOTHING to them about it. He was completely cold when Brit was crying at the weigh in. I understand why he picked the people he did, but the former blue team had bonded with him and I believe he owed some sort of explanation or apology to them. Particularly Bernie.

One word....

EDITING!

You have to remember there are producers behind all this so they are going to make things look really bad on TV. It generates more money for them.

I'm pretty sure that Bob did apologize off camera to them, but TBL and NBC didn't want to show you that because they like to make things look Good Guy vs Bad Guy.

Diva
01-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I am a weeper by nature. I cry at EVERYTHING. I cannot listen to country music; I cannot read certain children's books; I cannot watch Oprah. So I try to be really sympathetic to those who also are cry babies....and Kelly is even getting to me.

LOL! I do too gf! I also am not ashamed of it.

onthetee
01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that Bob did apologize off camera to them, but TBL and NBC didn't want to show you that because they like to make things look Good Guy vs Bad Guy.

And maybe he is a big, ol' baby-eating, hateful yoga dude....

GirlyGirlSebas
01-30-2008, 11:53 AM
First, I could not be more tired of people moaning about how they weren't picked. This is not the fifth grade. Grow up. Maybe Bob didn't pick Blue for the obvious reason that they are dull as dishwater. How bout that for a more "acceptable" reason?

The Jillian crying thing was ridiculous. They're obviously trying to soften her up but she's as hardcore competitive as anybody I've ever seen. I thought most of the tears were over getting her A** handed to her in the challenge. I don't think she would throw it; I think Bob just ran her into the ground.

Paul did not Gain 3 pounds because he cut his calories too much. That was crap. Too few might make you stall but it doesn't make you gain 3 pounds in a week. You need extra calories to gain. He ate too much, it's that simple. Ninja boy ate too many pieces of Extra gum, apparently.

Totally developing a crush on Roger. That accent just kills me and he is just so sweet. He was cute fat and he's only getting better.

Robin, I love reading your posts! Where've you been, girl?! And, I have to agree with everything single thing you wrote.

ksk571
01-30-2008, 11:53 AM

I could have written this myself. I cry at the drop of a hat, too. And I was so hoping Kelly would go last night!