Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #283

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #283

Jane
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

Jane
12-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Jules - yikes, I'm about to bite my nails, wondering what the hospital doc will say! Let us know ASAP, ok?

jules1216
12-30-2007, 04:59 PM
She's having contractions, but nothing to worry about. She is only 3 cm apart and they sent her home.

sz2atheart
12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Something to share!!The Week After Christmas
================

'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt

I said to myself, as I only can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

So away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
"Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

~Author Unknown~

-----------------------------

pattygirl63
12-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Jules - My DD did that with her 3rd one. They sent us home and we went to the hospital early they next morning. She went in while I went to park the car. When I got to the nurses station, they told me they were preping her and they would come get me when they got her settled. I waited and waited and finally went back to ask the nurse when I was going to get to back to her room. She said, "Oh, we'll come get you in a few minutes, your daughter has had the baby". I walked into the room right after he was born and the doctor told my DD, "show your Mama what you got". Turns out we barely made it to the hospital. She practically walked in and had the baby on the spot. I hope things will go as well for Teri, but not quite as close as we did.

Sue - I read in the newspaper about the soap about a year ago. A doctor wrote about it and said that he didn't know why it works but it does for a lot of people. I have had leg cramps ever since I was a teenager so I put a bar under our mattress. DH laughs at me, but I haven't had leg cramps or charlie horse since I put it there. DH MIL (his deceased wife's mother is like a Mom to both of us) told me about putting vicks on your feet and wearing socks to bed when you have a cold coming on. She said a friend told her about it. I recently read about it & I read it works & I read it is a hoax. However, I tried it before reading it was a hoax and I actually believe it worked for me. I never had the full fledged cold. I was over it within a few days rather than the usual week to 10 days or more. Crazy and a hoax, maybe, but it worked for me. Go figure.

Trish

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi All.

Jane -- Yeah I definitely would have rather seen Matthew's behind than Teri's lol. Yeah I think that 2008 will be a brighter, happier year, or at least that is what I am hoping for. :)

Jules -- Hope you have a Grandbaby soon!!!!! He is definitely taking his time, isn't he? lol.

Sue -- Thanks for the tip. I used to get really bad Charlie Horses in my legs when I was younger. I was also told that they are caused from low potassium.

I hope you all are well and keeping warm.

:hug:

tommysgirl18
12-31-2007, 01:44 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out around the house. we did end up taking my sister up on her offer to watch the kids. so we went out to dinner. (I did really good....half of my dinner ended up coming home with us!) we were going to go walk around the mall, but we realized when we went to find a spot that the mall had closed an hour before we got there. so we just came right home since it had started to snow when we left.

Jules~ I bet little Dominick is waiting so that he can be the first baby born on New Year's Day!!! Sounds really promising that she will be having him soon since her contractions are getting closer and closer.

pattygirl63
12-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Good Morning Ladies

I am excited today as I weighed today since I didn't get to do it yesterday. I lost 1.5 lbs this week. I'm ending this year with a 4 lb loss. I wish I could say I lost more this year, but I am thankful that I'm at least leaving 2007 with a loss and not a gain. It is going to come off slower this time, but it is going to come off. I don't know how this eating whole foods using IE works, but it does. And at my age, I know that losing it slow is really smart because I don't want sagging wrinkles.

I think one of the best things that happened to me in 2007 was finding you Ladies and becoming a part of the Jaded Ladies. I appreciate each and everyone of you. I look forward to 2008 with all of you. I don't know if I'll be back here any more today so I will go ahead and wish all of ALL OF YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hugs,
Trish

jules1216
12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Tammy--cute poem!! thanks for sharing!!

Mindee--she was having a level 6 out of 10 contractions yesterday at the hospital and not able to tell she was really having them. I guess that's a good sign!!

Sassy--he is DEFINTELY on his own little schedule...

Trish--her not feeling those level 6 contractions do have me a little worried---I hope she goes as fast as your daughter and as long as she makes it to the hospital we will be good!!! I am glad you found us too!!!

Jane--I am thinking like Teri at this point...he's not going to come out until he's forced---just like she did when I was pregnant with her. He is comfortable in the "grow womb"!!

Happy New Years Eve to all!!

Jane
12-31-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm in a hurry here; we're headed to Mary's party soon, but I wanted to say - Hope you all have a great evening, and

I'll see you next year!

Marti
12-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Just a quick one from me too......

:wave:

Went to work early and I'm off.... will be going to my sisters later to play Wii. Too much fun.

Have a safe New Years Eve!

tommysgirl18
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM

nothing new on this end....just waiting for Tommy and Brandon to get home. They took my sister over to one of my other sister's house for the night, and then they were picking up some friends of ours on their way back. Logan is sitting and watching Shrek 2 while holding a box of Banana Nut Crunch cereal, and Marissa is tossing her toys off her high chair tray.

Jules~ I betcha he is going to be the first baby born on New Year's Day!

FrouFrou
12-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Hello ladies...

Tammy...I concur...cute poem and thanks for sharing!

Jane...have fun at Mary's party!

Marti...have fun at your sisters!

Mindee...have fun with your company!

Sassy...another cold one here but I am keeping warm jin front of the fireplace.

Sue...glad your mommy is feeling better and gained a little.

Trish...WTG on the loss!

Jules...hoping little Nicky makes his debut tonight or at least by tomorrow morning. I think he has decided he wants to be a 2008 baby!

Today was a nice day. DD, me and V went to see Juno and then to dinner for mexican. Good movie and good food! I slept in till 9 and then got up to exercise for a hour before doing a few things around here and then leaving for the movie. Went to go and my vehicle wouldn't start so had to go in V's truck. Came home and the thing started...not sure what is up with that. Anywho...hope everyone has a safe, fun New Years Eve!

Sassy_Chick
01-01-2008, 12:28 AM
:celebrate:Happy New Year!!:woo::grouphug:

Jules -- Any News Yet??????? Do you have a New Year's Grandson yet?? lol

Hi Marti and Jane....:wave:

Cristina -- Mmmmmmm I love Mexican Food.......:drool: Juno.......hmmmmm can't think of what movie that is........Our car did that too and our mechanic said it could have been bad gas.........anyways hope all is well now.

I made a mistake and watched a movie lastnight that I felt was deragatory to fat people. Basically all it did was make fun of fat people and how ridiculous they are in certain situations. Pathetic what they do to make $$. I won't mention the name of the movie, but it has some rather well-known actors in it. I may have just taken it the wrong way, but I felt like it was totally wrong. There I'm off my :soap: now. lol!!!

Well I'm having a fun New Year........:woo: Party Party Party.........lol. Oh Well at least I am getting paid very well for working........;)

I wish you all a very Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year!!

:grouphug:

Jane
01-01-2008, 09:55 AM
A brand new year, with a brand new slate!

Tammy - love the poem!

Trish - I got the email about the Vick's trick, and Mary used it on Madison just last night. She did cough some, but not nearly as bad. Aww, we feel the same about you, and are very glad you found us. Great job, losing another 1.5. :cp:

Sassy - woohoo for getting $$ for working last night.

Mindee - glad you had a good time out to dinner with Tommy.

Jules - hang in there, grandma, he'll be worth the wait!

Marti - did you have fun playing Wii? I've never seen one irl, but on tv, it looks like so much fun!

Cristina - Juno seems like a good movie. Glad you had a good time.

We had fun at Mary's last night. Katie's fiance Clint sure is good at Trivial Pursuit! Neal and I came home shortly after the ball dropped, and left the younger ones there to party hardy.

Today I have absolutely nothing that has to be done, and since we're having soup from the freezer, I don't even have to cook. :carrot:

TTFN,

Marti
01-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Quicky to day, lots to do, (does it EVER slow down?)

Enjoyed last night. Played the Wii, won some lost on most! :D

I have a house that needs cleaned, taking down the tree.....

Off I go! :running:

jules1216
01-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Marti--glad you had fun

Jane-I am sure he will be..

Sassy--no news yet...

Cristina--we had Mexican too...no movie though

Mindee--no, looks he doesn't want to be born on New Years Day either...

We worked yesterday, but got invited to go to our friends house since they were staying home with the baby. Right before we left work, got a call from Teri (no she wasn't in labor) Dave was going to go to his Dad's work and was going to drop her off at his mom's until his dad got off work. She was really weepy and emotional after waking up from her nap and had Dave turn around and she ended up coming with us. We had enchilada and a big salad and lots of veggies. We all had fun with the baby and left around 11:00 to take Teri home since Dave was on his way back. Then Jerry and I stopped where Ry & Alicia were and finally made it home around 1:30ish. I am soooo tired today....that was way past my bedtime!!
Teri is having some contractions today that she is beginning to actually feel and know what they are. She was going to take another nap and I haven't heard anything more so I guess he's not ready yet. Her friend Geneva is going to spend the night with her on Thursday night (Dave works to 2 AM) and then 8 AM Friday she goes to be induced. I guess we will see if she actually makes it until then.

Jane
01-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm back....

Marti, don't work too hard, or you'll be setting the precident for the whole year to come, lo.

Jules, Mary's last baby was overdue a bit, if you remember. When she complained to the doc, and asked what would bring the baby quicker, he said sex. Dale said "allRIGHT!!!" Just a thought for Teri. :D

Note - Marti and I are interested in letting the thread reach 100 before we begin a new one. Seems like nobody here has a problem loading pages anymore, so no reason to keep them to 50. Of course, if any one of you Jaded Ladies prefer to keep it the way it is, just holler. We aim to please. :)

The wind chill here is below 0! Brrrrr... glad I don't have to leave.

Later,

Sassy_Chick
01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow what a way to start the new year! Its cold :brr: (22 degrees F but with the wind feels like 8 degrees F) and windy and snowing, :snowglo: or at least it was when I came in at 5:30 PM or so. DH drove me in since its snowing and blowing outside.........

Well another long boring night ahead..............but I get paid well for it. ;) It probably will pick up though around 3 AM EST, that is when Europe Business Hours begin. So maybe the last half of my shift will go by really really fast!!! lol. Hopefully tomorrow night will go by fast too. Then I can begin my weekend. :)

So far I haven't began the NY off that great, but I'll work on that. ;) I'm not going to beat myself up anymore, just get up and try again. My Resolution for This year is to just be a Healthier and Happier Me, Outside AND Inside. :D

Jane -- Yeah good $$ for sitting here not doing a whole lot, at least for now, until Europe wakes up. lol. Glad you had fun. I am not good at Trivial Pursuit, we bought the 80's version of Trivial Pursuit and I am better at that, but still not the greatest. lol. :woohoo: for not having too cook or anything -- Enjoy!!

Marti -- Glad you had fun -- if you get bored stop by my place it needs to be cleaned too! lol!!

Jules -- Sounds like you had fun -- mmmmm Enchiladas.....:drool: Sounds like it could be any time now. Wonder if she will make it until Friday...........time will tell I guess.

Hope you all are having a Great New Year so far!!

FrouFrou
01-01-2008, 08:47 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR, LADIES!

I have already written the year on several checks to get me started remembering the new year. Still wasn't used to writting 2007, lol.

Glad everyone had a good time last night. We watched some fireworks in the near distance...really nice. Tried to go out and watch but it was tooooo cold!

Enjoyed dinner with Josh and his GF this evening. He leaves tomorrow and I am sad about that. I hate good-byes and I don't know when we'll see him next...I think that is what is hard. Anyway...

Watching The Biggest Loser...it's a couples one and it's going to be interesting to see how this one plays out. They went to the hospital morgue!

I did get in 90 minutes of exercise today in between some cooking. Nothing fancy, just Josh's favorites...chicken enchiladas and banana pudding. I made enough pudding for a stinking army, lol...not sure what I was thinking.

Have a good evening ladies.

suetalks
01-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Quick good evening to you all. We had a very lazy day here...it was so cold outside and blowing snow. We ate leftovers, so I didn't cook either. I did one load of laundry, just to be able to say I did something...lol.

Also watched the Biggest Loser. It made me stop and think when they went to the morgue. Ugh. DH and I both said we need to get busy and take the weight off...but we say that all the time. And we mean it all the time. Hopefully we can follow through in 2008.

Hope you all have a good, short work week and have great plans for the week-end. We have no plans until next week.

da fat n da furious
01-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Sue,,,I watched the Biggest L<oser too,,,I really got into watching the last one. Tried to watch the Australian one but I really don't like the hostest...she seems nasty.

Jane,,,sounds like a good way to spend a New Years Eve...Monte didn't make it to midnight but I talked with my friend Shawna till 1 am,,,she works 12 hr shifts starting at 6 pm.

I got alot done today,,,cleaned out the back closet,,even had Monte make shelves. Looking good. So I have a few more things to arrange and I am good to go.
We are making plans for a holiday to California at the end of March. Im pretty excited about that.

Jules,,,what Jane said is what Ive heard too.

I have to go to bed,,,Tanner is giving me the evil eye,,,Brandon borrowed our Wii controlers and hasn't returned them....he wants me to drive over there and get them...I don't want to...so going to bed.
night!

tommysgirl18
01-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Man, for some reason I didn't get a notice about posts. I will have to go and check that out.

Me and Tommy were watching an infomercial for Turbo Jam on early Monday morning. And if all goes well, which I hope it does, I will be getting it next month!

just a quick post to see how every one is doing....and to see if there was any news on Mister Dominick.

Jane
01-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - enjoy your "weekend"!

Cristina - I'm thinking of you today, saying goodbye to Josh. Are he and gf getting serious?

Sue - let's make 2008 THE YEAR to reach goal. We aren't getting any younger, right?

Angie - which part of CA are you visiting in late March? Let's meet up near MaryKate! Yay for more shelves in the closet.

Mindee - I don't know what a Turbo Jam is, but since you want one, I hope you get it. Blackberry Jam I understand.... Turbo Jam? Not so much.

Ok, I've been lazy for too long, and the house is showing it! Time to bring up the Stones on my iPod and get going! It's sooooo cold here, any activity will surely help keep me warm.

BBL,

FrouFrou
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Out of time for right now but will be back to do individuals later.

Hope everyone had a good day!

tommysgirl18
01-02-2008, 06:00 PM

nothing new on this end.....same stuff, different day! we watched Superbad and Knocked Up. We laughed our butts off at Knocked Up, but didn't really care for Superbad. We will be buying Knocked Up when we get the money.

Jane~ Turbo Jam is a work out program. It is kind of like Hip Hop Abs, if you have seen the infomercial for that.

Cristina~ You are doing great on your goals!!!

FrouFrou
01-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Hello ladies...

Finally able to get some time in, although I should be in bed...kind of sleepy.

SASSY...kickboxing at home would be a good start for sure. I think it is the same concept. Hope you don't work too hard.

MINDEE...hey, I saw those infomercials too! And I had to have the Turbo Jam, lol. got them right before Christmas but was waiting until I started the Biggest Loser challenge to do them. I'll let you know how they go once I start. I am going to be following the 10 day program that comes with it...I think. I say I think because it seems like a lot of food to me but it's good, healthy food and protein shakes. Supposedly you can lose up to 10 pounds in 10 days. I am not aiming to lose 10 pounds in 10 days but 3 would be good. And THANK YOU for noticing my goals, it means a lot. :hug: :thanks:

JANE...yes, the boy and his GF are serious...he proposed to her when he was home for Thanksgiving. Going to wait a year to get married so they say. I think they are getting antsy...don't like being apart. Of course I wouldn't either.

HIYA SUE & JULES :wave: No baby yet Jules?

Nothing much happen today...Josh left of course. Went with DD to Target to spend a gift card and pick up a couple of things. My schedule has totally been thrown off so didn't realize that tomorrow is grocery shopping day and what I bought today could have waited, lol. I think my head was with Josh...just hate every time that boy leaves.

Got my exercise in and started a new book. Had to take a break from the Eat, Love, Pray whatever it is...kind of bored me. But this book is great, very inspiring...The Diving Bell and the Butterfly...sad though. Once I read how the guy wrote it I was in awe. He had a stroke and his only communication was thru blinking his left eye. Wow! If that's not inspiring I don't know what is. Already half way thru it and I think it has inspired me to finish the other!

Grocery shopping tomorrow and not much else on the agenda except exercise! Chat tomorrow ladies...good night!

Marti
01-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Evening ladies...

I'm getting ready to walk. Then after that I have some floor/exercise ball exercises to do. Then.....relax before going to bed.

I'm determined to lost 20lbs this year. So for 2008 my goal is to lose 20lbs. I don't want a quick loss...I just want a loss, so that is why I'm giving myself the whole year. Of course I'm not saying that I have plans to slack either. I will be working my butt off to lose the weight. And if I manage to lose those 20lbs, my plans are to learn to maintain that lose.

I'll have to do individuals another day, my times is a wasting away while I'm on the computer....better get to moving!

Hugs to you all!:hug:

jules1216
01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi all--quick pop in...I thought Teri was going to end up in the hospital last night....but it didn't happen. I was up alot and then couldn't sleep worried I would miss her next phone call, but then the last call said it was easing up again and she was going to sleep.

Hubby's yelling cause after being ok with going in late to work...he''s now gung ho to get there....I will be back later tonight for individuals....unless I am at the hosptital!!

Marti
01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Good Morning!

Jules--Teri is going to have her hands full with such a stubborn little boy! When he finally decides to come, I hope she has an easy time with it.

Cristina--10lbs in 10 days would be scary but kind of nice too! I'm aiming for 10lbs in 6mos and then the other 10 the last 6mos. :dizzy:

Mindee--Have fun w/the turbo jam. My sister has it and like it.

Jane--My house is being ignored too. Well maybe not ignored but I could put more effort into it that's for sure! I had lots of fun playing the Wii. It's great aerobic exercise I'm telling ya! I keep joking w/James that that is the reason we need one!

Angie--Watcha gonna do in CA in March? I would like to go on vacation this year but I don't know if we'll be able to afford it. Would love to go to San Fran during one of the holidays.

Sue--I watched the BL-couples too. The part that touched me was seeing the couple tear up about leaving their little boy. That would be so hard. I hope they last awhile, even though previews didn't look promising. Bette-Sue makes me smile......tough cookie who really isn't that tough.

Sassy--Great resolution. I really believe that we need to take care of ourselves both physically and mentally. So no beating ourselves up......take care of ourselves and lets have a great year!

Patty--Congrats on the weight loss! That's fabulous during the holidays. I'm so happy that you enjoy it here, we sure enjoy having you!

Tammy--Cute poem. How are you doing? Has it been slow at work due to the holidays or crazy busy?

Hello to anyone I have missed! :wave:

I really should get myself ready for work. Something is wrong w/our clock in our room (it's one where it shows on the wall or ceiling, where ever you aim it) and it's an hour ahead! So I got up at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Sheesh! Should have gotten dressed and headed to the gym! Maybe next time.

Ok ladies, must get moving.

Have a great day!

tommysgirl18
01-03-2008, 02:25 PM

nothing new on this end.....just a typical Thursday around here. Logan and Marissa are taking their naps, and Brandon is watching movies. I am putzing around online, listening to some music, and checking my email.

Jules~ I hope he makes up his mind and comes soon!

Marti~ Thanks! Tommy told me to check out reviews of it first to make sure that there weren't a lot of bad reviews of it.

Cristina~ You are very welcome! I need to up my exercising and cut back on some of my bad eating. But since we are going grocery shopping tomorrow, and probably on Saturday, I am going to make sure that we have plenty of healthy foods in the house. Oh......and I just happened to be paying attention when I poured myself a pop last night and noticed that I had grabbed plain Cherry Coke Zero. I will have to look into if they have Diet Cherry Coke Zero, but I am sure that they do. Congrats on your son and his gf!

FrouFrou
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Hello ladies...

Nothing much going on today...exercise, and grocery shopping. It is cold out and I can't seem to warm up today. Have the heat up high and the fireplace going. May have to go get some gloves or a blanket.

MINDEE...that's what I did today, grocery shopping. Getting ready to start the turbo jam Monday. I'll let you know how it goes and how I like it, what's hard about it if anything.

MARTI...yeah, the turbo jam says you can have a 10 pound loss in 10 days but I don't see how. I don't plan on doing it but if I do it would be great. There is a menu to follow and it is a lot of food-3 meals plus two snacks and they are protein shakes...I actually thought it was too much food. We'll see what happens though. I am doing the Biggest Loser challenge and it is 12 weeks and I am aiming for 12 pounds in that 12 weeks so...will probably lose more, I hope but again, we'll see. You are busy, busy, busy!

JULES...little Nick is just going to stay in his home until someone drags him out, lol. Stubborn little boy...at least Teri has only one more day! Will be thinking of you guys.

HIYA SASSY, JANE, SUE, TRISH, MARYKATE and TAMMY!

Have a good one!

Jane
01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I've been gone most of the day, running errands. Now we're taking off to meet my sisters at the Eagles. Have a good evening, and I'll chat at you later. :wave:

jules1216
01-03-2008, 05:33 PM
She's at the hospital!!

suetalks
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Mindee- I think the Coke Zero is because it has zero calories. Diet, right? My DH loves Coke zero and Pepsi one, but hates anything that SAYS diet. I wish they had the Zero in caffeine free....I like it but can't have caffeine.

Jules- Biting my finger nails here....hurry in and let us know...:)

Cristina- So, you will become a grandma by default. Cool. I hope things do work out for Josh and his GF. Does she want more children, so he can have one (or more) with her?

Marti- Yeah, I also liked Bette Sue. I like when Bob was talking about her. haha I hope the 22 year old gals do better in the future. I want to see them succeed.

Sassy- How are you chickie? Keeping toasty?

Well, like Marti, I decided that I am shooting for a 20 pound loss in 2008. If I hit it then I will have to learn to STAY at one weight. Or I can choose to go for another 10. I feel like I can do it as I lost 11 pounds last Spring. I just have to be sure I can KEEP it off as I didn't this year.

By the way. I tried Progresso soup tonight which had 80 calories a serving. I thought that would not be enough, but it really is a decent serving. I also made drop biscuits with Bisquick Light. One biscuit is 130 calories, but only 20 from fat. (and if you make 5 like it says they are pretty large) Trying a few new things so I can count calories again.... Oh, I also re-discovered sf jello. So...off to the races again. :carrot:

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Yay Jules! Hoping to hear the good news tonight!

Yeppers, I will be a grandma by default which is fine by me. Her kids are cute...ages 8 and 3 and that little girl is ADORABLE! But yeah they will have one or two more. Josh is good with the kids and they love him already. when they were over for Christmas Eve, she kept calling me Josh's mom...Josh's mom did you get me a present? Josh's mom can I have some chex mix? She a smart little one too! I too thought that coke zero was called coke zero because there are no calories but what do I know. I only tried it once and it has a different taste from diet coke so I just drink my diet caffeine free. Hoping you mom is feeling good!

Nothing going on. Was watching movies this evening and not sleepy right now so thought I would get on the 'puter for a few minutes. Chat tomorrow :wave:

tommysgirl18
01-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Cristina~ I can't wait to hear your personal review of Turbo Jam!

Jules~ I can't wait to hear about little Dominick!!!

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! I actually just did a search to see if there was a Diet Cherry Coke Zero, and alas there isn't. Just the plain coke zero and the cherry coke zero. But they do have diet cherry coke. I had to do a search because I was wondering myself if I was going to be able to find it at the grocery store when I go there on Friday.

Marti
01-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

It's a cold and blistery day out! The wind is knocking everything around and looking like a mess! I'm hoping we don't lose power. (at work, yes; at home, no) :D

Jules--Ooh ooh......can't wait to hear the exciting news about little Dominick arriving!! He's probably here already and you're just too busy being grandma! Don't blame ya! Take your time and share when you get the chance.

Sue--I'm right there w/ya on counting calories! All the sweet treats are gone, all the fatty foods are gone and the junk is gone! I'm already planning my meals and plan on exercising like crazy! We will both lose those 20lbs this year!!

Cristina--Here is to losing those 12lbs in your 12 week program! You're doing so well w/your workouts I know you can do it! How sweet that Josh has a sweetheart. And wonderful that you really like her and her children. Let us know when they get more details about wedding!

Mindee--I hope you enjoy your Turbo Jam once you get it. James has found that when I see something that I like (workout DVD's) he'll get them for me, but then he see's that I don't really stick w/it long. Terrible of me I know! I'm determined though to find my YBB DVD's and do those again.

Jane--It's later.....ready to chat? :)

Ok, it's Friday! So happy the week is over. Only a couple more weeks and hubby has vacation and then I have three of those vacation days w/him. Don't like having vacation used up the beginning of the year but he didn't have a choice. In fact, his next (and last for the year) vacation is the end of February! :eek:

Weekend plans for me is to hit the gym, both days and then do some clean eating shopping. The next time I plan to indulge in food is my Birthday, I have requested a Prime Rib dinner. There is a local meat market that has the best Prime Rib I've ever tasted!

I need to shower and scoot off to work. You all have a great Friday!

Marti
01-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh yeah, today is WI day.

I'm up again! 146.8!! :no: Sheesh...it's going in the wrong direction! But not to fret, I'm working on it. And I'll see that 144, that I have seen in years, soon!

Off to change me stats.

Jane
01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
TGIF! - Dominick's birth day!! :carrot:

Jules - do tell! How are mama and child? How did it feel to hold the little sweetie for the first time??

Mindee - hahaha, I had no idea about the Turbo Jam! Yay for bringing healthy foods into the house.

Marti - yep, your birthday is right around the corner - 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm probably up at the scales, too, after our NYE celebration. Seems I'm having a hard time with sugar cravings.

Cristina - yay for being a grandma soon. The kids sound so sweet. Katie's wedding is Aug. 9, and we're really starting to make a lot of plans now. Good luck with TBL. :cp:

Sue - the sf "cook" puddings from Jello are great! My fave is the chocolate, of course. They taste so much better than the instant ones.

Angie, Mary Kate, Sassy, Trish, Tammy, and anyone else reading this - a big hello to you.

I've been getting in the mood to start my Winter cleaning. As you know, I like to have it all done before Spring actually gets here so I can go out and play when the weather gets nice. Although it's coooooolddd right now, we're supposed to have temps in the 60's next week, so I can get the windows done then.

I am struggling to stay OP! These cravings for sugar are just about to do me in! :dizzy:

Have a good one, ladies.

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...you are sounding like me...I am having the sugar cravings bad too! I've got to nip that in the bud now before it gets worse. All those stinking desserts over the holidays did me in. Hey, Josh and his GF originally were thinking August too. Josh kind of wanted around the time me and his dad were married which was the 24th and my parents were married on the 9th. But with him being in the service talk of a church wedding began to dissipate. The talk now is a small initimate wedding in Hawaii. Just have to wait and see. I know they can't stand being apart. And thank you!

JULES...how's it going today for the family?

MARTI... thank you! Seems we are all having this cold and blustery weather. Hope you enjoy your weekend at the gym! V's company was offering their workers a big discount at the Y if anyone wanted to join. Would have been perfect and I would have loved to join but for now I am doing okay. Just that they have a lot to offer. Bet you can't wait for you min-vacation with James.

MINDEE...will definitely let ya know how I like the tj. I watched the dvds except for the one last night and I am pretty sure we both can do them no problemo. I am starting it Monday and am excited about it but will watch them a couple more times, maybe walk myself thru them.

HIYA EVERYONE ELSE! :wave:

Not much going on with me today. Had to run a couple of errands this morning one being picking up a few things I forgot at wal-mart yesterday. Gearing up for the start of tj Monday and needed some other foods I thought I already had. Getting some laundry done as well and that's about it. Oh, I did get in my exercise this morning, just 75 mintues today. I may do a video or dvd later, 15 mns to make it to the 90...we'll see. Figure I might as well be moving instead of sitting on the couch.

Have a great day ladies!

jules1216
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Real quickie cause I am exhausted!! Teri went to the hospital around 5 pm on Thursday and had him Friday the 4th at 9:57 am. Little Dominick was 8 lbs 11 1/2 oz, 20 and 1/4 in long and looks just like his Daddy with darker hair. It looks to be a little reddish. Mom and baby are doing fine. He's been fed and had a diaper changed and just made one little cry to say his diaper needed done. Dad did better than I ever expected. His great grandma has held him and my neice Trish is there now. I am thinking about going back to bed...being up for 32 hours straight with only a couple hour nap isn't cutting it!!

pattygirl63
01-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Jules - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad baby boy is here and that he and Mom are doing well. He sounds precious. Rest and then get ready to enjoy.

Hugs,

Trish

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
:yay: :congrat::yay:

CONGRAT'S JULES and FAMILY! Give little Dominick lots of hugs and kisses from me! Now go get some sleep lady!

Hello everyone else :wave:

Thought I would drop by with a quick HI since I was online checking out something.

Have a good night.

tommysgirl18
01-05-2008, 04:01 AM
just a quick one from me since it is late and I really need to head to bed!

Cristina~ Tommy was wondering if you had gotten the gloves with your TJ. I saw the infomercial where she offers the gloves with the package. (I think that is the one that I am going to go with) I am extremely excited about TJ....that I can't wait to get it!

Jules~ Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Marti~ That sounds like me. Tommy bought me this workout DVD from Wal-Mart that was a dollar, and I haven't even watched it yet! I keep meaning to, but I get so distracted by getting other things done, that I haven't had a chance to.

Jane~ I have to second the yay for the healthy foods! We went grocery shopping on Friday and I have to say that NO junk food was bought! Not even for Tommy's lunches, which is odd because he usually needs something like that in his lunches.

hello to every one that I missed! I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Jane
01-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Hello ladies,

Cristina - I guess I'm going to have to google this tj thingy, and see what it's all about. Sounds pretty intense. If Katie and Clint don't get busy making their decisions where to have the reception, there won't be one available on Aug. 9! They're checking out a place today - a church and hall that his mom knows about.

Jules - :bb::cp: :carrot: woohoo! :carrot: :cp: :bb: I'm so happy to know they're both fine. How does it feel to be a grandma?

Trish - good to see you! How are you liking the laptop by now?

Mindee - what's on your agenda for the weekend?

Hi to everyone else. Madison is here with me today, but she's on the extra computer, playing at pbskids.org. Lots of fun stuff there. She helped me make fruit salad, which is taking the edge off my sugar cravings.

Not much going on this weekend, except we're having a going away party at church tomorrow for our youth minister and his family. I have to help with that. I'm going to make a big pot of chili today, for tomorrow.

Later,

Marti
01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Jules--Congratulation grandma!! I'm so looking forward to seeing pictures!

Jane--I'm not having problems w/the sweets, I'm having problems w/the evil carbs! But I'm doing better and I'm hoping to see at least a little lower weight by next Friday.

Cristina--I was thinking how 75mins of exercise is so much... then I realized that when I go to the gym w/my hubby...we're there for 2 hours! Time does fly when your there though so it's all good. You're going to do fabulous!

Trish--How are you doing? Enjoying that laptop?

Mindee--So have you made the decision to get the TJ DVD's? (or have you already purchased them and are just waiting?)

Hello to all the rest of you gals.

Got late start today. Stayed up way to late last night, think it was 3:45 last time I looked at the clock! :eek:

Not sure what is planned for the day kind of undecided. Not sure if the gym is in our plans for the day, I'm ready if it is. Thinking of maybe going bowling....just don't know!

I should probably get ready for something! So off I go.

You all have a great weekend.

FrouFrou
01-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Hello ladies...

Kind of got sidetracked as I do often when I am on, lol. I try to do things in between posting at times.

MARTI...you are right! I'll start exercising and if I have good music the time just flies by. I don't think I could do 2 hours though, yikes! I did do 90 minutes today so kind of close. But I don't really care to do more than that. if I get 45 mns in that is great for me but I aim a little higher now days.

JANE...as fast as these months are going by August will be here before we know it. Chili sounds good today but it's tacos/taco salad for us tonight. I did get some pinto beans and tomato sauce yesterday though for some, sometimethis week, next week. Sorry your youth minister and family are leaving...they will appreciate the chili.

MINDEE...yes, it came with the gloves. I thought it was going to be 5 individual dvd's but it is only 3. There's two in the one which is the Learn & Burn, 20 Minute, Turbo Jam, Cardio Party and AB Jam and the the other one is Punch, Kick & Jam...that's the one I have yet to watch. It also came with a tape measure and a card to post your measurements should you do the 10 day plan. A Turbo Results guidebook and the Turbo Slim 10-Day Kick Start.

Anywho...hello to everyone else :wave:

JULES...how's the grandma doing today? And the mommy and her bundle of joy? Hope you are able to share some pictures soon...can't wait to seem little Dominick.

Nothing much going on today. I did get in my exercise, 90 minutes :woohoo: I am very happy...I made my second 10 pound goal today! :yay: :yay: I can't tell you guys how happy that makes me. Ain't no stoppin' me now! I was so afraid of WI this morning for fear of either being the same or gaining. And no Susan...we can't share my exercise minutes :lol: That's something ya gotta earn on your own missy. :D Anyway, just had to share the good news.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

sz2atheart
01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Good Evening Ladies and Happy New Year!

I got a great jump start on my diet with a 36 hr stomach flu!!! What a way to lose a few lbs. Still not much of an appetite today but plan on making an appearance to WW on Monday and going to try to get back to my usual class on Sunday morning. I love that instructor but it's hard to get up on Sunday when you want to sleep in. If I was always up that early on Sun, then I would be getting my butt to church :D Trying to rid the house of "toxic food" as Jane would say and did grocery shopping with dh today for my usual diet staples. I gained 5 lbs over the holiday but lost some over the past few days in the bathroom ;) Work has been busy with high respiratory season upon us.

Marti--We are the same weight & height (I'll change my weight on my tracker when I weigh in at WW on Mon.) so I'll challenge you on those 20 lbs. I've got two weddings coming up over the next 18 mo so I've got to get in shape.

Jules-- Congrats and welcome to little Dominick!! Even though I haven't been on here much over the holiday, I have been sneaking a peak while I've been at work to see if he has arrived yet. (can't post anything at work)

Not much else going on. Have all the holiday stuff packed up and getting into the deep clean and de-clutter, new-year mode. I have a huge storage area in my basement (under my sunroom) that is wall to wall shelving that most people would die to have and it looks like a salvation army drop off site. I really need to get it re-organized. Hopefully that will keep me out of the kitchen and pantry!!

Hugs :hug: to everyone else. Now that the holidays are over and I'm back in full swing with my diet, I hope to be a bit more chatty. Now, I'm off to make some dinner. See ya!

da fat n da furious
01-06-2008, 01:36 AM
Jules,,,congratulations on being a Grandma....Master D, is quite a big boy already. 8-11

Not much happening around here,,,Just checking to see about our newest Jaded Baby arrival.

Hope all are having a wonderful weekend...I call it catch up days. Not that i caught much today. Tanner and his theatre.
ttfn

tommysgirl18
01-06-2008, 02:11 AM

nothing new on this end....like usual! just checking my email and doing some putzing around online.

Jane~ Did you google TJ yet? It looks like it is really interesting and I have been wanting something to boost up my exercise and to make it so that it doesn't feel like I am exercising, but that I am having fun! we don't have anything on our agenda this weekend. Tommy didn't get a check this week because they are putting all the holiday hours and the two days that he worked last week on his check next week. So, besides grocery shopping this past Friday, there wasn't anything on the agenda except for staying home!

Marti~ Yup, I have made my decision and I am going to get the Turbo Jam DVD's. I just have to wait for the money....which will hopefully we next month when we get our taxes done!

Cristina~ That is I think the package that was advertised on the infomercial, and the one that is listed on the Turbo Jame website! I am hoping that that is the one that I get! I am not really sure if I would be up for doing the 10 day plan. I might like you watch them first, and then go from there. I just don't want to burn myself out too quickly, YKWIM?

Tammy~ My goodness! I sure hope that you are feeling better soon! I did some shopping for some diet staples as well. (If you ask Tommy, I went a little over board with them. But hey, i usually don't buy enough, so this time I made sure that I bought enough for lunches and what not)

Angelia~ How are you doing in the great white north?

Marti
01-06-2008, 02:24 AM
Evening ladies..

Snowed here today. Didn't see it in the forecast so it was a surprise.

Cristina--Congrats on reaching your second 10lbs lost! That's great! So happy for you. Things like that just keep a person motivated. Keep up the great work!

Tammy--Oooohh...a challenge eh? :s: You're a bit taller (I'm actually 5 3/4 but 5'1" sound better) and you're lighter than I am. But together, this year, we'll lose our 20lbs! Hope you're feeling better.

Angie--How is Tanner's theatre going? Chat more when you get more time.

Mindee--Have you tried seeing if there is any tapes you can rent like at block buster or somewhere so maybe you can try them before you buy? I've seen many exercise tapes out there maybe TJ is one of them.

Evening to the rest of ya.

Something I ate today is NOT agreeing w/me. Making me rebel towards exercise but I'm ready to get it over with and clock in some workout time. Will not let a tummy ache stop me.

Better get going. You all have a good night!

jules1216
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Baby Dominick--more pics to come later. We were all so exhausted that we just didn't take alot of pics...Geneva took the most and will be getting copies for us. Teri & family are coming home today and she wants macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes & peas. Will get more pics today.

Marti
01-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Good Afternoon ladies!

Jules--Awww.....Dominick is adorable! Can't wait to see more of him. I just love seeing brand new babies! I love that new baby smell. :D

today is a lazy catch up on laundry day. Stayed up way to late (again) playing that darn Guitar Hero!

Only a week and 2 days and I get 5 days off! :carrot:

Have a lovely Sunday!

FrouFrou
01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Hiya ladies...

Marti...thanks! :thanks:

Tammy...hope you get to feeling better.

Mindee...I do know what you mean...I often wonder if I will burn out but so far, so good!

Jules...aaahhhh, give that baby lots of hugs and kisses from me! He is quite the cutie pie! Can't wait to see more pics.

Nothing much going on wit h me today. Going to watch my dvds and do a sort of walk thru with them. Starting it tomorrow and I will be happy to do something different. Have a good day!

tommysgirl18
01-06-2008, 06:15 PM

nothing new on this end....just hanging out around the house. the boys got grounded today and tomorrow, so that means no special treats. (ie. no special movies, no special treats, no going outside)

Jules~ What a handsome big boy!!! How is Teri liking motherhood?

Marti~ I will have to check into that!

Jane
01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - how's your tummy? Hope you aren't getting the intestinal flu, or anything. What do you have planned for your 5 days off?

Cristina - yay for you making your next 10 pound goal. You're doing great. :cp:

Tammy - yay for your recommittment to WW! It really is a do-able program. I'm feeling a lot more in control now.

Angie - what play is Tanner doing now? Are you helping with the set?

Mindee - yep, I googled the TJ stuff, and first of all, there were so many different types. :dizzy: Also, I believe it would kill me, lol.

Jules - OMG, I just want to snuggle that little bundle! He's just perfect! I bet he smells good.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I've been taking it easy, after church today. I'm re-reading The King of Torts by John Grisham, and it sure is a good one! You'd think I'd remember it all, but I don't, lol.

I'm doing better with the food. Not perfect, but better. Tomorrow my exercise is going to be completely cleaning and scrubbing my living room and dining room, where Katie's cat has been. Mary is so allergic to the cat dander, she broke out in hives, even in her ears and the bottoms of her feet. Poor girl! We just found out this evening what caused it, so that's why I didn't already begin. I may even have to have the carpets and furniture professionally cleaned.

Have a good one, ladies.

suetalks
01-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Good evening ladies. It was a little warmer here today, but I didn't venture outside due to RAIN.
Just finishing packing for our mini-trip tomorrow. DH and I will leave in the a.m. and be back Wed. evening. Should be fun.
I have been playing with my computer most of the afternoon. DS called and I asked him some questions about my new monitor and he helped me set up some different sizes to things. The web pages still had very small printing, and at my age I need bold, not tiny. :) So, I adjusted and re- adjusted until I got something I am happy with. Trouble is that when I go from here to hotmail the hotmail is small again...grrr. Regardless, I do like my new larger monitor.

Jules- Yay, and congrats! I know you are all just beaming. Enjoy your baby boy "grand."

Jane- Ugh for Mary being allergic to the cat. No fun for her I am sure. And no fun for you cleaning all the area the cat had been. What a chore. We are going to French Lick....have you been there?

Cristina- You are doing so well. I am very proud of you gal. I wish my lightbulb moment would hurry up and arrive. :) (I know, I know...I am a procrastinator)

Tammy, Angie, Mindee, Marti, Sassy...Hope you all have a wonderful week and that we all can get on track for 2008.
I had been feeling low for a few days and then someone said to me "some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield." Kinda made me smile.

Talk to you gals Wed. night or Thurs.

Sassy_Chick
01-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey all,

Its warm here today. Still is 60 degrees! Making people sick though. My DH is sick. He is at work and has a fever and vomited all over the floor. I told him to call our boss and that way he is covered if he wants to come home. He wants to try to stick it out.

So I just hope that I don't get it because I have 3 nights this week to get through (M-W) I don't wanna be using any of my personal time on being sick......:p

Congrat's Jules!! :bb:

Well that is about it.

tommysgirl18
01-07-2008, 01:46 AM
hello ladies...how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end......just working with Brandon on potty training. we were talking at dinner time about looking on walmart.com for a new bike on the condition that he needed to be potty trained in order to get it. Then Logan pointed to himself and did his arm gesture that means Thomas the tank engine. And I told him "yeah if you get potty trained too, then we can get you something with Thomas the train." Then Tommy says "maybe we will get you a big Thomas the tank engine train set." Then Logan pointed at Marissa, and I told him that she still has plenty of time before sissy starts to go potty on the potty.

Cristina~ Great job on hitting your goals! I am going to switch things up on my signature so that it looks a little smaller then it is! Let me know how the turboing goes!!!!

Sassy~ How are you doing? I hope you don't get sick!

pattygirl63
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Hello Ladies

Sorry I've been missing last few days. Just being lazy. We did start back to church yesterday. Went out to eat and came home and just watched television. I am enjoying playing new games DH got me for the laptop. Already mastered and finished two of them. Haven't been feeling really well. I heard recently some stuff about balancing the ph in our bodies. Seems we get to acidic and I think I've always had that tendency. I remember reading years ago that an alkaline body doesn't feed diseases. So been thinking about eating more vegetarian for a while and get my body more alkaline ph balanced. I'm feeling too sluggish. My weight was up 2 lbs this week and I wasn't too happy about that. Acidity could have caused that. Any way, that is what is going on with me. Trying to ride stationary bike a little bit each day too to strengthen my knee. My sister said that is the first thing they did with her when she had her knee surgery.

Jules - Baby Dominick is so cute. You will love being a grandma. I have pictures of all my little ones on my refrigerator and pray for them every time I look at them.

Y'all have a great day and I'll catch ya later.:)

FrouFrou
01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...thank you! Jason is the same as Mary...that's the reason I don't have a cat. I've wanted one the last few years but as long as he is living here it won't happen. My cousins husband, well, ex, he wouldn't even go in my Aunts place half the time. He was down right rude about it too. He did a few times and the times he did he wore a mask over his nose and mouth. Anway, good to getting back OP.

SUE...enjoy your anniversary trip! :cheers: and thank you too!

SASSY...you be careful and not get sick. And I hope DH is feeling better. V had it Saturday and is feeling a little better today but after work Sat he slept the rest of the day.

MINDEE...thank you too! And your signature looks good! I took away my exercise info because it was getting to big and I am going to start TBL challenge...don't know what I will add then.

MARTI...hope you are feeling okay today.

Started my turbo jam this morning and man, what a workout! geez, I think I got a better workout with just the learn and burn than what I could ever get in with walking a hour. I am feeling good about that though. Pretty much got most of the moves down...will take me a few more times to get it completely and to get up to the speed they are doing but I am very confident that I will. And I must say I had fun doing it! Also got some walking in too! Now I am getting laundry done and a few things on the computer...mostly to do with pictures. I have them all on the computer now just need to get them on shutterfly or walgreens and get copies. Oh joy...we have dial up so that will be fun!

Have a good day ladies!

sz2atheart
01-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Back to WW this morning and wow, was I not surprised!!! I've gained 5 lbs. not to include the few that I had already gained over the fall. So, I'm almost back to square one but I'm so motivated that I could give a #$&@! I think I'm going to stick with my Sunday morn class but the Mon class was nice to fall back to if I'm off that day. Jane, have you tried the new peanut butter bliss snack bars? They are to die for!! So Marti, I believe I weigh more than you at this point...but the challenge is still on :D

I have an appt with my plastic surgeon to discuss getting my eyes done on Wed. and am ashamed for him to see me with the extra lbs on but he has seen be at my worst :o No matter how much weight I lose, I am still left with a double chin so I wonder what a little lipo there might achieve ;) Not thinking about doing anything until mid March, (need to wait for dh's yearly bonus) so I'll have some motivation to stay OP.

OK, so to keep OP today, I worked more in my disgusting storage area in the basement and got about 1/3 of it done with about 12 boxes of stuff to donate. I've already walked the boys once and will get out there again before dark...it's in the 60's today :carrot:

I'm off to watch Dr. Oz on Oprah before my walk. See ya! :hug:

Jane
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - yes, we've been to French Lick, and it's great. The hotel has been redone, and it's gorgeous. You should also visit West Baden, it's really neat. We took the train ride, past Larry Bird's childhood home. Also, there's a Five and Dime that I hope you get to see.

Sassy - I hope you don't get sick. I'm finallly feeling better.

Mindee - good luck with the potty training. I'm all for bribes or whatever gets it done, lol.

Trish - there you are! Hmmm, I've never even though about the acid in my body. Maybe I should!

Cristina - I just love sending my pics to Walgreens. I can load them anytime night or day, and not have to wait at Walmart. Their machine is out of order half the time, anyway.

Tammy - darn it! I missed Dr. Oz on Oprah! He's there the first Monday of every month, you'd think I'd remember that. No, I haven't tried the bars you were talking about - I don't go to meetings. Is that where you get them?

I shopped most of the day. One thing we needed was a DVD recorder. Our old one bit the dust, and I still had a lot of VHS tapes to record on DVDs. I also met Clint's mother. She's nice, and will make a good MIL for Katie. Anyway, I was gone most of the day, and am ready to hop in the shower then get to bed. <yawn>

Nighty night, ladies. :hug:

tommysgirl18
01-07-2008, 11:34 PM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....I finally bit the bullet and pulled out the 30 minute work out video that Tommy bought me a while ago. I was fine until I sat down with Brandon to cuddle. When I went to stand up, I was all stiff. So, as long as I do it and then keep moving I will be fine! But I feel great that I did it, and I am debating about doing it tomorrow. I will probably do it every other day for now until I get it all figured out and my muscles conditioned for it!

I do have a question for you ladies though. Logan has been mean lately. He got a set of blocks that sit on a cart with wheels on it. Well, he likes the throw them and the cart, and usually on Marissa when he does it. He did it earlier today and got them taken away from him. Then while we were making dinner, he decided that it would be fun to sit and hit Marissa as hard as he could. Is this normal behavior for a two-year-old? Tommy thinks that he might be bipolar or something because one minute he is really good and nice and then something changes in him and he turns into a little meany. Part of me just wants to pass it off as being the terrible twos, while the other part of me wonders if there is anything to it all. What do you ladies think?

Trish~ I sure hope that you are not getting sick! I have thought too recently about going vegetarian, but I am pretty much almost one now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a steak or hamburger now and again, but lately I have just been more into chicken and fish (which I know are still meats....of some kind, right?). I will eat hamburger in different things, but I really have thought about doing it. The only thing holding me back on it is that I don't like that many vegetables! (which is a big downfall for me)

Cristina~ I love your new avatar! I am in a Valentine's Day challenge on another board that I post on, so that is helping me in getting the ball rolling and keeping my New Year's Resolution this year!

Sue~ happy anniversary to you and your hubby!!

Tammy~ Good for you for getting back on WW! I have some sites bookmarked that are related to WW, but haven't checked them out yet. I am going to check them out soon though! Good luck with getting your eyes done.

Jane~ I am right there with the bribes! As long as it gets him motivated to get potty trained then it will peek Logan's interest.....and then I can kill two birds with one stone! We bought Brandon some Thomas the tank engine underwear when we went to Target the day after Christmas. We were going to get Logan some of the vinyl waterproof ones but they didn't have them at the Wal-Mart that we went to after we left the mall. I am going to look at the one close to us to see if they have them. Logan was really excited about getting some underwear of his own, but then we thought that Wal-Mart would have them and they would be cheaper. But they didn't have them so Logan got a pair of Cars pajamas instead.

Sassy_Chick
01-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi All.

Well not sick, yet at least, but very very tired. :tired: Did not sleep well at all yesterday. (Monday) I think I've mentioned about our furnance and that it um has never worked right from day one for us? Well it has gotten a lot worse so now when its cold, we are on Emergency Heat, well since its been warm out, its been hot in the apt. (we live upstairs) So we wanted the air on while we slept during the day, not. Forgot if it doesn't work for the heat, it won't work for the air either. So we sweated to death and I can't sleep when I am hot so I tossed and turned. We had windows open and fans on, but it was hot, about 76 degrees in the apt. (too hot to sleep at least!!) Well DH did talk to the owner and she said it is our heat pump and so they have to replace that. I just wonder how long its been bad? Our furnance hasn't worked right from day one.

So I am battling to stay awake. :tired: I so wanted to call off but really couldn't do it and plus want to save my personal time so I can take a week off eventually........

DH is feeling a bit better but still not quite 100% yet........

Did you all happen to check out "How to Look Good Naked" Lastnight?? I watched it. OMG there is NO WAY I would do that though! They had this girl's body plastered on a side of a building for people to see!!! Um don't think so, not this chicky. lol. But it was amazing the transformation. Amazing how clothing and your attitude can make you look and feel better!!!

Well that is about all.............

tommysgirl18
01-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Sassy~ I hope you get your furnace fixed ASAP! It is good to hear that your DH is feeling better. Now, I just hope that you don't get sick!

FrouFrou
01-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Sassy...I didn't see that show. With a name like that I figured it wasn't something I would want to watch, lol. Hope you get your heat fixed, that sucks. We always sleep with the ceiling fan going and the heat down to 67 at night...can't sleep good in the heat. Glad you are not sick and hope you don't get sick.

Tammy...good for you for getting back on track with WW.

Jane...I've not met Josh's GFs mother, don't really feel the need to, lol. She doesn't like her most of the time herself, lol. Don't figure there will be too many, of any get-togethers with her so...

Trish...interesting, we learn something new everyday-thank you.

Sue...hope you and hubby are enjoying your time away.

Mindee...middle child syndrome! I don't know...kids act out sometimes I think, I think at that age it's hard to tell. Are you doing the valentine challenge on 3fc? That's cool!

Okay, I am sleepy so ciao for now.

pattygirl63
01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi Ladies

Well I have been reading a lot online about ph balancing of acid/alkline foods in our body. It seems that an acidic body has inflammed joints and feeds diseases such as cancer, diabetes etc. Since my body seems to be so inflammed right now, it must be way out of balance and very acidic. Therefore it only makes sense for me to work at getting it balanced. It means eatiing more fruits and veggies. Another great plus from all that I have read thus far, the body will automatically lose access weight when it is balanced. The rules seems to be 20% acidic foods to 80% alkaline daily. It is worth trying and see what happens.

Well, that is what is happening with me right now. Hope everyone is doing well as we start the new year working on getting OP. Have a great day!!!

Hugs,
Trish

Marti
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Been walking ever night since The new year and plan to continue. (Of course I'll take a freebie day here and there but I'll keep walking) I have still yet to go to the gym alone. Not sure what is holding me back.....try and go before work sometime soon. Maybe during the time off I'll go "ahead" of hubby and workout until he gets there. Kind of get myself used to the idea of getting to the gym alone.

What I dork I am! (can't even go to the gym alone)

Eating is under control again. Still can make improvements but so much better than it was. Last night was salad, chicken breast, cottage cheese and rice pilaf. Too bad we didn't have left overs, sounds good for tonights dinner.

Well ladies, I need to hit the showers, so I better scoot. I will try to catch up and do indi's later tonight.

Have a good one!

FrouFrou
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Good morning, ladies...

Hiya Trish...hey, makes sense to me! Have a good day!

Marti...I think I would be the same way. V mentioned his work giving the family discounts and while it sounded good I just wondered how much it would be used. Just like working out in the comfort of my own home. WTG on the walking!

Hi to everyone else!

Nuthin' much going on today. Going to be a light workput day for me. I slept wrong Sat night and thought my shoulder/neck was better until I rolled over this morning. Need to get some ice on it. Needless to say I think the turbo jam is out for the day...too many punches and jabs...geez, it hurt when I sneezed!

Have a GREAT one ladies!

tommysgirl18
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

Today is going well. Tommy has lodge tonight so it is me and the kids. I will more the likely just pop in some tv dinners and then call it dinner. I am hoping that the kids cooperate with me and I can get them in bed early so that I can get in my exercise DVD before Tommy gets home from lodge. Logan didn't take a nap today, so he is being a monster.

Cristina~ I didn't know that there was a Valentine's Day challenge on this board.

Trish~ Good luck with the ph balancing! Sounds like it is something worth trying! Let us know how it goes!

Marti~ I am like that! I don't like to do new things alone, but then once I do them, I ask myself "this isn't so bad, now why did it take me so long to do this by myself?"

pattygirl63
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Good Evening Ladies

Mindee - Good luck with the potty training. It does help with the younger for the older one doing it. DD used to little treat bribe to train my nephew. Had him trained in one day.

I didn't know there were so many different types of vegetarians. Like you I do like a steak or fish etc from time to time. I think we could be considered what they Semi-vegetarians or Flexitarians. DGD and I loved fruit when she was a wee one and I often thought we could have easily become a Fruitarian. I learned they eat only fruit and fruit like veggies. I think I love fruit and veggies so much because we never ate it when I was growing up. Discovered them both when I went to live with my aunt for a while when I grew up. Only thing is I didn't give up junk along the way. Semi-vegetarians or Flexatarians eat mostly fruits, veggies, grains etc but only eat meats 2 or 3 times a week. I believe I can live with that. Big deal tomorrow is we are starting classes up again at church tomorrow night and DH called and made reservations for us to eat. I will have to hit the alkaline foods really heavy during the day to off set the BBQ dinner. I really didn't want to eat anything like that as of yet. I haven't eaten a whole lot and I have not been hungry. Actually I've done really well today. I mainly ate alkaline foods to get it into my system just to get the acidity down some.

Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Trish

tommysgirl18
01-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Trish~ Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have heard about the 3 day potty training. So, I am have been kind of dragging my heals because I want to make it so we have three days in a row where we won't have to go anywhere. And since our schedule is never in stone, it is hard to say. BUT I really need to do this! Logan has already stood up in front of the potty so he knows what he has to do, he just needs to do it when he has to go potty. I didn't know that there were different kinds of vegetarians out there. I will have to look into the one that you mentioned. That sounds like me, what you described as the semi-vegetarians.

Jane
01-08-2008, 11:02 PM
We have been w/o internet power for most of the day, due to strong winds, then a bad storm. Now I'm just about ready for bed.

Mindee - I really don't think there's a thing wrong with Logan other than he's 2. Plus, he's figured out that he's bigger and stronger than the baby, so it's fun for him to act on that fact. I wouldn't worry about it for at least another year. Just my 2¢.

A big hello to all the others, but I'm just too tired to do indies right now, it's just past 11 here, but I've had a busy day.

'Nite, all. :hug:

tommysgirl18
01-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Jane~ Thanks for that! I keep forgetting that even though he is huskier then Brandon, that he is still younger then him. Plus, I sat down a realized when I was on another board, that I don't spend as much time as I should (let alone Tommy doesn't either). There was a thread asking what was the last thing you did with your middle child by himself/herself.....and I couldn't think of anything! So, we need to work on that. I have found that if we both spend some time with him by himself, then he doesn't act out. I did spend some time with him while Brandon and Marissa were napping on Tuesday. Logan wanted nothing to do with napping, so I had to keep going into his room to put the toys back in the toy box and off the window sill, then I would spend a couple minutes with him, and then laid him back down. So, my main project to do now is to spend some time alone with just him and me so that we can work through this!

pattygirl63
01-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Mindee - It is good to spend time with your middle one. When I married my now deceased hubby, he had 3 children we raised together. Our middle son was always acting up. One night when we were playing around with the children, I suddenly realized that Russ was feeling left out. From that day on, DH and I worked very hard to alwayds see to it that he did not feel left out. I didn't realize you were potty training the 2 year old. I wouldn't worry too much about him right now. I've heard good and bad about potty training a 2 year old. If he goes and stands in front of the potty and knows what to do, I suspect he is thinking about it and probably will surprise you one of these days by doing it on his own. If he see and knows big brother does it, he will want to follow suit.

Jane - Sorrry your internet was off. I wondered and missed you. Hope your day is better today.

We have a busy day as well... lots of running to do before church Bible Study tonight and after. Leaving around 3:30 or 4 and probably won't get home until around 9. So I probably won't be back online until late or even tomorrow.

Everybody had a great OP day!

:hug:,
Trish

Marti
01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Fly by for me :running:

I have 10mins. before I need to leave. Just wanted to pop in and say :wave:

I WILL be back on later tonight.

How is everyone doing now that the holidays are over? Getting back to exercising and eating your veggies and fruits?

Gotta go!

upswife
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi ladies, I was hoping I could join your group. I have been following it for a few days, and I love the "family" feeling.

A short intro...will do the bio later:

I am 29 yo SAHM with 3 kids, I have been actively trying to lose weight, and eat healthier for three years. I did manage to lose about 20 pounds, then plateaued for a year, and gained it all back this last summer. I am writing down everything that goes in my mouth, and I am getting back to going to the gym on a regular basis. I am looking for some support, because the last thread I belonged to dwindled, and melted away(I wish it was like that for wt loss).

I hope everyone is having a great day!

FrouFrou
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello ladies and a big :welcome: to you ELLEN! Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to getting to know you. And of course you can join! We love having new people so just jump on in. :hug:

Mindee...oh, I don't know if there is a Valentine Challenge on here. I just saw that you mentioned it and thought that it was one here.

Jane...hope the weather is better today.

Trish...have fun at bible study.

Marti...you betcha! I am definitely on track and plan on keeping it that way. I am lucky I didn't gain thru the holidays. Of course being sick on Christmas Day was a big help, lol. Actually, I don't think I lost the 2 pounds just from throwing up, but I don't know.

Sassy...hoping all is well with you.

Jules...guess you are off enjoying being a grandmama! Give that little one lots of hugs and kisses from me!

Sue...guess you are still enjoying your mini-vaca. I know you are having a wonderful time.

Anywho...got my exercise in for the day and keeping my fingers :crossed: for at least a pound down come WI. Getting some reading done too...Got bored with Eat, Pray, Love and put it down for a short while. Read a book called The Diving Bell and the Butterfly...excellent book, very inspiring to say the least. Now I am back to Eat, Pray, Love...she is in Indonesia and it's a little better. Will be finished with it tonight! Then starting another. Hoping to keep up with the goal of 3-4 books a month. Tomorrow I am going to Barnes & Noble and get a book for my reward for my first 20 pounds gone! Woohoo! Of course I've changed to smaller, 10 pound goals now so...won't be long before I get another little reward.

Have a good day!

tommysgirl18
01-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Trish~ That is what I am trying to do with Logan. I try to let Brandon and Marissa sleep during their naps, if I know that Logan is awake. Then I will bring him out and spend some time with him. But lately Brandon hasn't been taking naps, so it was hard to spend some one on one time with Logan. So, I really need to get on the ball with that one. Right now, they are both sitting here at the dining room table with me and they are both coloring in their books they got from Santa. We are not full blown trying to potty train Logan. He is just testing the waters, so to speak, by watching Brandon.

Marti~ I am actually getting back into the swing of things....in fact I finally remembered what exercising was! (and for once I enjoy doing it!)

Ellen~ Welcome to the group!!! Nice to meet you! I am Mindee, and also a SAHM to three kids. I too, am writing every thing down and working out with a workout DVD at home. I am getting the Turbo Jam work out system within the next couple of months when we get our money situation straightened out.

Jane
01-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Hiya ladies,

A big :welcome2: to Ellen, my western neighbor! (I'm from southern Indiana) We're glad you've joined us, and yes, we're like one big ol' family here.

I am still having trouble staying OP - I thought I had it under control, but obviously I do not. Oink, oink!

Katie's wedding is exactly 7 months from today, and there is still so much up in the air. Most of the reception halls are already booked. Plus, Clint's aunt is going to be giving me some trouble, I think. The church where she wants the wedding held is simply too small, but she's insisting we can all squeeze in there! Yikes! I told her we'd just leave it up to the kids, since it's their wedding. :dizzy:

BBL,

jules1216
01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=msegrlr.czmnqlv&Uy=h6547j&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

jules1216
01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Boy...you guys have been busy posting and I have been enjoying being grandma!!!
I am totally in love!! I will catch up on individuals with the next go round!!
Special welcome to upswife!!

pattygirl63
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
:welcome3: Ellen to our group. I love this group because of that family feeling you get here. I haven't found that in too many other groups. These ladies are really great. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jane - Sorry about the problems with your aunt. Hope the kids will choose what is best for them and what they want. Some times it is hard to say no to people we love and then later wish we had.

We enjoyed the Bible study. A few of the oldies were there, but a lot of new faces. We met a really nice new couple and visited with them during dinner. I even did really good eating. I only ate a helping of the BBQ and cole slaw. DH got me ice water to drink. So over all I have really had a good OP day.

See y'all tomorrow.

Good night:hug:
Trish

sz2atheart
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow, three days OP. That's a biggie for me!! Haven't started with much exercise but at least eating right.

Jane--What is the date of the wedding. My son is getting married Nov 15th. And yes, I got the WW bars at the meeting. Don't think they sell them in the regular grocery store.

Jules--Your granson is darling. I loved the pics. Congrats again and enjoy being a Grandma!

Ellen--Welcome!!!

My dh is in Lake Charles, LA on a business trip for 3 days so no cooking for me. Just doing WW meals and salads, soup, fruit etc. Gotta work the next 2 days and it seems like everyone is bringing in all their junk food and piling it up in the conference room including me. I still have tons of chocolate to get rid of. Someone gave my dh a tower of Hershey's for a xmas gift so that is heading to work with me tomorrow. I won't put it out until I leave and then let night shift devour it. ;) Well, I'm off to iron uniforms for work, shower and hit the bed. Till then......

pattygirl63
01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Jules - I am so happy for you. You make me want to see my Grandbabies. Such a sweet picture of Little Dominick.

upswife
01-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Jules~I caught myself up on how long your Grand baby took to get here. He is so adorable. The pics are so special and sweet!

Jane~Take it one day at a time, wedding and food, for this too shall pass. I hope you didn't have the nasty weather that came thru here on Monday. We did pretty well, except our back yard seems to be underwater.

Mindee~I have seen the Turbo Jam, it looks great...I just knew it was too much for me to handle. I did the work out at home, but the kiddies got underfoot...literally! Thankfully our gym has awesome child care and they love going. I still do some yoga at home,because only one is home during the day and I can get her to play preschool games on the comp for a little bit.

Christina~So nice to see another avid reader! Although lately I have been doing relaxing reading, nothing high powered that I have to think too much about. I will have to look up some of the books you mentioned, they sound nice.

I really blew it with dinner today, I waited too long to eat. so now I feel the guilt, but I will start anew tomorrow. Also have to make it to the gym in the morning, I have a friend coming by for dinner...we lost contact about 7 yrs ago, and we got reconnected right before the holidays. The funny part is that we both have moved from Chicago(where we grew up) to a suburb about 40 mi away. so for the last 4yrs we have only lived about 5 miles from each other.well, gotta run and get settled for bed. ((hugs))

upswife
01-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Trish and tammy thank you for the warm welcome!

Marti
01-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Welcome Ellen! Happy to have you join our "family".
This is a great group of girls whom I have grown to care for. You'll just love it here.

Ladies...I must apologize in advance, but this has to be a quicky for me. I've been on and off the computer since I got off work and time is just getting away from me....I need to get my butt moving on the treadmill before it gets too late!

I will eventually slow down and catch up on indi's but until then, you all have a good night!

Hugs to each of you! :hug:

Marti
01-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Oh...just had to pop back in to tell Jules....darling little baby boy!! Thanks for sharing those! He's perfect!

tommysgirl18
01-10-2008, 01:07 AM
just a little quick one from me this time around.....

Jules~ Very handsome little man!!!

Ellen~ I do my workouts after the kids and my hubby go to bed. I don't like an audience when I work out! My hubby told me that if we ever win the lottery that he is going to get me a gym membership. I told him that if we ever win the lottery, I want a gym at my house! That way I can go and work out whenever I want to and not have to worry about prying eyes checking out my areas that really need to get worked! The work out dvd that I have now, does some of the moves from Turbo Jam, so I am glad that I am getting this chance to prepare those areas for a work out of a different kind! Plus, from what I gather it pretty much looks like a dance party so you never would realize that you are actually working out!

Trish~ It is good to hear that things are going well. What kind of exercise was suggested for the ph balancing? Or do you just do regular exercises? So far I have done my workout dvd on Monday and Wednesday. I love doing it, and for doing it only for the second time on Wednesday I pretty much stayed right along with them until they started doing their "power" moves, then I kept right on trucking at my pace for now.

pattygirl63
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Yep Surprise!!! I'm up early this morning with a fly by here. Going to the beauty shop this morning to get a perm. I can't believe it has already been 3 months since the last one. How time flies. Got that this morning and then going to NC to go shopping this afternoon. We are spoiled. Costco has the best tomatoes. Been getting them there or at Sam's for years. Just don't like the flavor or texture of the ones in the store. Plus I like some of the fruit from there as well.

Mindee - I didn't see much about exercise in the ph thing except that moving around instead of a sedentary lifestyle is not good for keeping ph normal. Right now I am using the stationary bike because of my knee. My sister who had knee surgery a few years ago and DD who worked with orthopedics for years told me that the stationary bike is the first thing they put you doing after knee surgery. I remember when my second DH (deceased) Mother had knee surgery they had a machine that they put her on that moved like turning a bicycle to help keep her knee working a day or so after her surgery. I learned yesterday quite by accident that if I miss a day doing using the bike (I only do .3 of a mile right now starting slow) that my knee acts up. I just never had time to do it yesterday and it was sore last night. So I have decide to make it into a morning routine (I am a routine person). I will make it one of my it first one of those first things to do in the mornings. In fact, I am going to ride it as soon as I get through here so I don't miss or forget to do it today. It is good that you are doing your exercise at your own pace. It work better for you. The old idea I grew up with is not true "no pain no gain". They now say that it does more harm than good. DH doctor told him to start out with an exercise and do just 2 minutes a day or a week and then add to it as he was able. We started out at .2 miles and I am now up to .3 this week. This is one reason we have started getting more actve... going shopping etc because for some reason it is more fun and easier to walk around a place like Wal-Mart for an hour than it is to do actual walking in the neighborhood. Aren't we strange creatures? LOL

Better get busy. Got to leave in an hour. Y'all have a great day!!!

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
01-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi ladies,

Jules - what a little darling! He's so sweet, I could just sop him up with a biscuit!

Trish - seems like a perm should last more than 3 months, but what do I know, lol. Maybe they should call them a Temporary, instead of a Permanent, haha. Yay for you, staying OP.

Tammy - yay for you, staying OP. I'm doing better, too. The wedding is Aug. 9. Now Clint's aunt says she isn't going to use all of Katie's colors in the bouquets! Oh dear.

Ellen - I'm a voracious reader, too. Right now, I'm re-reading a John Grisham novel. I also like Sue Grafton, and many others. I love Chicago, and have taken the Amtrak up there several times. My buddy and I went just last Nov. Have fun with your friend today.

Marti, Mindee, Cristina, Sue, Angie, Mary Kate, and anyone else reading this - :wave:

I was supposed to meet my niece in town today, for lunch, but put it off until next Thursday. Seems like all I've done is run to town and back, and since I have a meeting tonight, I just wanted to stay home, and chat with you!

I've been busy with phone calls regarding the wedding. :dizzy: So many details, but I'm loving it.

Later, taters! :hug:

tommysgirl18
01-10-2008, 02:38 PM

nothing new on this end.....Tommy got his court date in the mail yesterday for the ticket that he was given from the accident. So, we are going to get a babysitter for that day so that we both can go. The kids are doing great. Brandon got up and had underwear on this morning......until about 15 or so minute ago when he had an accident in them. He wanted a diaper back on, so maybe he is going to fall asleep now. Logan has been very well behaved since he got his blocks taken away for hitting Marissa with them. And Miss Princess is getting ever so closer to crawling forward with each passing day! She goes backwards like a champ.....but still prefers the rolling around method as oppose to crawling, so far.

Trish~ I need a haircut.....I have been telling myself that I need one. but Marissa keeps grabbing it and yanking, so it is time to go for a short look again. I have been meaning to do a search online to see if there are any websites that have some looks that I like. I do have pictures from when I got a makeover done my senior year of high school that I loved the cut and style. So, I am hoping that I can find someone that will be able to replicate the look for me. Tommy called the style my attitude hair.....so it should be interesting to see if the attitude comes out again when if I get the same style. That sounds like me.....I have this new work out DVD that I started doing on Monday. I had a hard time falling asleep and staying motivated on Tuesday because I didn't do the DVD. So, for now, I am just doing it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday....I will bump it up to probably doing it every day once I get more used to it and more sure of myself about it. I have to agree that it is more fun to walk around Wal-Mart for an hour....but since we live right off the water I like to walk around the neighborhood.....somewhat! This past summer I used to do laps around our apartment complex with the kids while Tommy slept during the day. Boy, do I miss the nice weather!!

Jane~ How are you doing on this fine Thursday?

Shopaholic1204
01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Can I join in on the chat?

Jane
01-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Mindee - I'm doing fine. Well, I still have a cough that doesn't want to go away, which is very annoying, but I'm ok.

Shopaholic - :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies group! I think you'll like it here, and you'll have to be sure and tell us about your sailor.

I'm just killing time until Grey's Anatomy comes on later. Finally, not a rerun! :carrot:

Later, ladies.

suetalks
01-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh, I forgot about Grey's. Wonder how many episodes they have made.

Just a quick pop-in to say we had a great time on our get-away. Couldn't have been better. Well, I guess it could have...we could have won lots of money at the casino. Sadly, that was not the case.

Just tried to get back in the swing of things today. DH and I went to Lowe's and to the grocery store. I did the laundry...as usual.
I plan to go to Wally World tomorrow and then clean house. Nothing very exciting.....but that's my life. Ha.

We tried to go for a walk this afternoon and got about half way around one lap and the rains came down...again. We had waited so long for the rain to stop. Darn! Got plenty wet trying to rush home too.

So, the good news is I was OP. I used my new steamer for veggies and they were quite good. I am going to have to come up with seasonings and different mixtures that are low fat, but I think it is doable.

Jane-We didn't get to do any of the outdoors type things at FL due to the rain and flooding. But, we do plan to go back when the weather is nicer. The hotel was very comfortable. Beautiful too.

Gotta run...talk to you all tomorrow.

Sassy_Chick
01-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey all.

Hope your all doing well..........

upswife
01-10-2008, 10:12 PM
HI all! Today was busy, I don't like to be so rushed, but it all worked out. DH hit a pot hole on his way home lastnight, so we traded cars today and I took it in..the rim was too badly damaged, so they ordered us a new one, so it looks like I have the smaller car for the week. After that Cecilia (my baby, she is 4) and I came home and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, then Veronica came home from school(5yo) and we headed right off to the gym:ebike:...poor girl, I made her eat her lunch in the car.

After the gym I stopped at the store, got back home in time to receive a call from Ben's(7yo) principal telling me that there had been a fight during recess. :kickbutt: I started dinner and about halfway thru my friend calls...she had to cancel because of an emergency with her MIL. I was disappointed:dunno:, but i hope the MIL is doing ok.

So, we had dinner (spaghetti), watched Dirty Jobs with the kids, then they went off to bed...to my surprise DH was sleeping on the couch...poor guy had to work late yesterday(and fix the flat) and early today. I finished my book by CHris Mooney...he writes like Tom Clancy, and I am thinking of turning in early because DH's alarm kept going off at 4:30am and woke me up.

Wow, I don't usually write this much!:comp:

have a wonderful Friday Ladies!!!

Shopaholic1204
01-10-2008, 10:32 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm excited about Ugly Betty & Grey's Anatomy coming on tonight!! Thursday nights have been sooooooooo boring without my 2 fave shows!!!

My hubby has duty tonight so it kinda sucks being here without him..but then I'm sorta glad because I have the shows to distract me. LoL. And I'm hoping that he found out that the new orders came out today and not tomorrow, because I'm dying to know whats available!!!

tommysgirl18
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM

nothing new on this end....same stuff different day! I am about to go and get some exercise in. I do this DVD that seems almost too easy now....but it still kicks my butt! I am going to look at Wal-Mart to see if there are any more cheap work out DVD's.

Shopaholic~ Welcome to the group!!! What new orders is he waiting for? Or is it classified?

Jane~ I hope your cough goes away soon! Those are the ones that I hate the most.

Sue~ How are you doing? That is great to hear that you had fun on your getaway! I have walked, on occasion, in the rain. I just make sure that it isn't thunder storming out.

Sassy~ How are you doing? Are you avoiding the sickies?

Ellen~ How are you doing? I hope you were able to get some down time on Thursday! You sound just as busy as me, and right now I just chase three little ones around the house!

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
We're waiting to see where dh will get stationed at for shore duty. And no, its not classified. He sent me a list of places that are currently open..and the place we're dying for has 6 openings, so he's gonna put in for that one!! And I guess we're going to talk about the other places when he comes home tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
01-11-2008, 02:13 AM
sorry for being nosy, but are in the US or are they abroad? I am guessing since it is shore duty that it might be abroad.

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2008, 02:23 AM
You're not being noisy at all. Some are in the states and some are overseas.

Marti
01-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Evening ladies..

Welcome to Shopaholic! :wave:

Ladies...I'm having troubles w/the computer today. Earlier I wasn't able to get online at all....I was frozen in time. Now, it's just puttin' along.

So, before I freeze the darn thing again, I'm going to go for now. Hopefully hubby will have it fixed by tomorrow.

Hugs to you all and hope I can chat more tomorrow!

:hug::hug::hug:

upswife
01-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Buenos dias chicas!

Shopaholic~welcome to the group (I know a little late) and a big salute to you and your sailor. thank you

Mindee~yesterday was a bit of an odd ball, I am not usually so busy. Today will be much slower paced, laundryin the AM then a trip to the gym with DH this afternoon/eve. Possibly a trip to the library. Good luck finding a new WO video!

Jane~I hope you feel better soon! My girls had that cough, and it is still lingering.

Marti~I feel your pain. I hate when the comp acts up. DH and I both just had to completely rebuild ours. Good luck fishing out the problem!

Sassy, Sue and anyone else I have missed~HI!:wave:

Well, The kiddies are off to school and Cecilia is playing nice, so I better get started on the laundry.

Jane
01-11-2008, 10:01 AM
See you at #284! :wave: