Old 12-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy O.k....getting scared now

Hi, everyone,

So, I made it through the holidays---way better than last year at this time, but I did overeat somewhat---but it was planned. I have been doing Weight Watchers---didn't weigh in last week. I will this week. Hopefully at least no gain.

Anyhow, it has been slow going on WW. So my son offered to help me try a new plan---I think workout and diet. I am willing to do something to get better results---maybe make it work with WW???? Anyhow, he is coming over tomorrow, but only has a little time to talk about the new plan. He wants me to try it for two weeks and then we can talk about what worked or not. I am getting scared. I need certain things to feel comfortable ---and do not do well with drastic changes---but I want to get the support and try to get better results. How can I deal with this in a successful, positive way and not get too freaked out about it?? I am very determined to reach my goal. Thank you so much for the support.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #2  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdkathy View Post
I am very determined to reach my goal.
Great attitude! I think that 2 weeks is a good time frame to try almost "anything". You'll probably know before that if it's doable for you. You son knows you and your personality and I think it's great that he's willing to help you to reach your goals! You're lucky! I'm interested to hear from you after he gives you the plan tomorrow.

P.S. Kuddos to you for coming through the holidays intact! Great feeling, isn't it?
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

It's great that your son is interested in your goals. However, does he have any experience with weight loss, been trained as a personal trainer, etc.?

Exercise has been a huge part of my weight loss so I'm all in favor of doing more. It can really help motivate you.

Weight Watchers is a plan based on a lot of science and experience. Personally I'd be a little hesitant about giving that up in favor of the plan of somebody with little or no experience with weight loss in adult women.

That being said, a couple weeks of trying something new won't hurt anybody. Just don't feel like you can't do what works best for you because you don't want to hurt your son's feelings.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good luck tomorrow, let us know what he has in mind.

But be honest. If his plan doesn't sound good to you, stick with what has been working. We are all in such a hurry to do this sometimes and really all we need is to stick with it!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:47 AM   #5  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I find it hard to figure out what is really working and what isn't since there are so many variables involved. I've been doing this for a few months now and I'm just starting to figure out what really ensures progress for me... now it's just a matter of sticking to the plan consistently, which has always been my downfall.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:11 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

surely you don't have to make up your mind tomorrow what you're going to do? Does your son have experience with weight loss? I know a lot of non-fat people just shake their heads and say "you need to eat less and exercise more" Ohhhhhhhhh right! great thanks that's all it took LOL

Not to joke - but I think robin41 is right - be sure to do what's right for YOU and not just make your son happy.

and yay on your holiday success! more days & weeks like that and helllllo there's your plan!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote