Support Groups - That 70's Show -Here's to a new year and a new us

2Bthinagain
12-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone! I know I've been MIA with the holidays, I read as much as I could on our Christmas thread to catch up.
Sounds like everyone is doing so well.
I'm pertty much the "same", :devil:
But I am doing okay, not horrible, but okay.
My husband wants to take a vacation in 08 which is wonderful news if it actually happens, and all the more reason to stay on a path.

I need to focus on mini-goals, and come heck or high water I need I need to set a work out schedule for myself and stick to it, with NO excuses right??

Happy New Year 70's Club !

:newyear:

sockmonkey70
12-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey! I haven't been around much lately either. And the holidays have had an effect on my weight LOL. But I am ready to kick it into high gear now for the New Year!

SunshineRunner
12-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies - haven't seen y'all in forever!!! Hope you had great holidays. Eny, Flower, & I have been holding down the fort and missing everyone who has been crazy busy. I don't blame you for being absent...some days I wish I was....I still haven't gotten more than 5 hours sleep any night this month. Can't wait for it to be over.

I have been hitting the gym hard. I am enjoying it and seeing great results. Still not fit and fabulous, but I've got time for that. I even went out and bought a new pair of running shoes...nike shox...i think they are ugly and I avoided trying them on in about 5 different stores..then I gave in and found they felt perfect for my running. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill in intervals yesterday. Today I took off but did plenty of walking around the mall looking for new sneakers. Tomorrow I am hiking through a nature preserve with my mother...hope that goes well!

2Bthin...schedule your gym time!!! Didn't we discuss this last month??? I'm just playing with you...but you know, I'd never get it done if I didn't plan my life around those 2 hours a day.

I think I am going to try and fit in a beach run tomorrow (on the sidewalk that runs next to the beach here...not running in sand!!!)...of course that will be after the hiking....anywho..we'll see...

Keep it up ladies!!! Let's make it a great & goal oriented 2008!!! Check in more often!

2Bthinagain
12-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Gator - - "a beach run" Oh man !!! So not fair. I'm all bundled up here freezing cold in OHIO.
That is awesome that you are doing so well ! I need to hear stories like yours, even though I'm slacking, I'm still inspired and will always have good intentions!;)
We cancelled our gym membership, so it's just what I have at home, which does include a weight bench, video tapes, and a recumbent bike heck we even have a leg press. I just can't get on the bike, I think I'm afraid.
I'm afraid I will only do 5 minutes and want to quit. I know the more I do it, the longer I can handle it.
My DH has been home on vacation over a week now and is going back to work on the 2nd. The kids go back to school on the 7th, and hopefully that week things will go back to normal around here.
Anyone feel free to smack me anytime, I know I need it !
:D

SunshineRunner
12-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Smackity Smack Smack Smack!!!! I know the beach run thing is awful to write about seeing as the rest of the country is cold...or frozen...I was born & raised in South Florida....and I just don't get why everyone doesn't live here...I actually live in a small town..nothing big like Miami...that place drives me crazy...but we do have beautiful beaches here in my small town...don't get me wrong, sometimes I hate it here...but honestly....I can't give it up at this point in my life.

For your bike...this is what I do...I compete with myself...that is the way that one day I only do 2.5 miles, then the next 3 miles...I tell myself that I am better and stronger than I think I am....sounds a little corny...but it has always worked for me. Before I met my dbf...I was a gym rat...and about 70lbs lighter...it worked for me then and it is working again for me now. When I started out at the gym about 6 months ago...I could only do about 10 minutes on the elliptical and was huffing and puffing the entire time...I can do more than an hour now and then do another 30-40 minutes on the treadmill...I know...ridiculous...but all I did was tell myself each day that I was better than that...that I won't be a fatty...and that all those skinny muscular girls were just me in the future...even though they look good...I can do it too..jiggling all the way...but doing it. You can do it too!!!!!

Guess what I'm taking a break from????? Cleaning out my closet...it's like shopping again...basically because I managed to keep a good selection of my size 14 pants...although I have about 30 pairs of pants in a bag ready for Goodwill in the morning...still working on shirts...arduous task, but fabulous at the same time. Mom says...dont' say you won't ever fit into those pants again..thinks I should keep them...but she is so far from wrong....although she is greatly supportive of my new lifestyle...she has always been heavy and struggled with weight....I didn't...until I met DBF and got his bad habits shoved down my throat!!!

Anywho...enough yapping....

2Bthinagain
12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Gator - thanks for the slap!! I love how you talk yourself into your great workouts. Do you have kids ??? I don't know how people with kids find all the time they need for themselves. We have a 3 and 5 yr old and they are always with me. They go to bed at 8pm and by then I'm always ready to collapse!
When DH is working he wakes up at 5:30 and is out the door at 6:30. I don't know how the man does it. He wants to beat the AM traffic on the way into the city. I know I need to wake up when he does to get my work out in. Once the kids are up, usually no later than 7....my day just revolves around them and their schedules.
I am also always tired, and don't know if it's from the weight, my thyroid, my snoring, or getting up a dozen times at night to pee.
I bought a bottle of B12 several months ago and have not taken one yet, do you ,or anyone else take that?
And Gator - by all means - enjoy that sunshine! I'd live there if we could, but due to my husbands occupation -- we are limited to where we can live. Mostly up north, yuck !

flower
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Amanda... I used to do that with my walking. On Monday I would walk. The next day I would beat my distance. And so on and so on. Then on my day "off" I would reset my time back to zero. It worked wonderfully. During my most fit times I would do 2 walks, sometimes totaling 8-9 miles a day. More laters, gotta take son to work. I still sick, diet is still on, excersice is way off.

2Bthinagain
12-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh Flower I remember when I did 2 walks a day, usually with a baby carriage! You have FOUR kids....how do you find the time? I only have TWO and I find it so hard to schedule ME time. One is in half day kindergarten (afternoon), the other is in preschool 2 mornings a week..., so I always have one with me. And we always are going going running here, running there.
Please please please share the secret !!!!!

OMG, I just checked out the success stories ---
Have you guys seen this girl? These are her stats - I LOVE reading stories like hers.
June 05 - 216 lbs -- Size 20
Nov 05 - 200 lbs -- Size 18
March 06 - 172 lbs -- Size 14/16
August 06 - 150 lbs Size 8
Oct 06 - 141 lbs -- Size 6
Dec 06 - 131 lbs -- Size 5
Jan 07 -- 129 lbs -- Size 4
Feb 07 --127 lbs -- Size 3
April 07 - 124 lbs
June 07 - 120 lbs
August 07 - 119 lbs
November 07 -- 116 lbs -- ONE HUNDRED POUNDS LOST

flower
12-31-2007, 10:03 AM
If I can not get hubby to watch the kids so I can have an hour to myself I walk my 7 year old to school with my 1 year old in the stroller. That is a 1/2 hour walk each way x 4. I have a park near by that my 7 year will play at while I push the stroller around the 1/4 mile path that encircles the play ground structure. It is made just for that. :) But normally I will go do my walking with the stroller at the fitness path at the park after driving son to school. No cars to worry about, the pond is pretty to look at and the ducks entertain my little one. I strive for alone walks 2-3 times a week, but if I don't get it, it is okay. My 2 older ones are 14 and 17, they don't need me all that much anymores. Well, not to baby sit them while I work out anyways. :)

I am hoping this is the last day of my yuck. I have a slight fever today. Scale is refusing to visit a smaller number. I know it is cause I haven't worked out all week. Dieting alone doesn't do it for me. Fine for maintaining. I don't want to maintain 190!

2Bthinagain
12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Flower - we have a park just like that with a walking path around the play gym, I love that place! But it is freezing temps here now...until late spring so that is not an option. I didn't know that park existed until late fall, it was next to a field where the kids played soccer. We'd lived here a year by that point and I never knew it was there!

Side note today:
My oldest (5) just made a random comment -- out of the blue ---- he says "I'm glad I'm a boy, 'cause if I was girl I'd grow up to have a fat tummy".

Nice huh? FYI - my DH has a 32" waist, very thin.

sockmonkey70
12-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Hope you'r feeling better Flower!

2Bthinagain...Kids are so funny! I guess he hasn't been around alot of larger fellas LOL.

I stayed on plan yesterday, and worked out! I am hoping I can keep it up :)

Have a great day everyone!

flower
01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
I am starting to feel human today. I think I will do a yoga DVD this afternoon once hubby goes to work. I don't want an audience. Not ready for that!

SunshineRunner
01-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi Ladies! Hope everyone started their new year off right! I didn't. I hate to admit it but went out to eat for all 3 of my meals on the 31st!!! This is nowhere near something I have done in the past 3 months...I tried to eat light..but I was nowhere near light at the end of the day. I have tried to correct myself by having 10 servings of water today and only ate some fruit for breakfast, slimfast shake a little later, and then a salad late afternoon. What a bummer this was as it is my first slip up. I'm disappointed and it doesn't feel good...seriously...my belly still hurts. I'm avoiding the scale for a couple of days until I can see if the water is going to help me out. Still on schedule with gym and what not...but I can't believe I just had my first binge. Argh!

Flower - glad to hear you are feeling better...that cold has been going around down here and I had it for 10 days...it was awful!

2BThin - the success stories are what keep us all motivated...I love to read them...even multiple times...they are one of the reasons I keep coming back...especially when someone posts new photos...love it!

Speaking of new photos...I posted one in my profile...it's not good quality as I had my dbf use my camera phone considering my real camera took a dump this week...sooo..that's me...in all my Gator Glory...good news is those are thick sweat pants...but I'm down to a size 14 and was able to get to the Gap Outlet and get 3 pairs of pants to tide me over until I'm a 12...at which point I have a fairly good stash of those in my closet.

Well..off to bed...hope my tummy feels better...yuck!

~Amanda

flower
01-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Guess what??? The scale finally says 189!!!! This is with shorts, undies, t-shirt on. woohoo! I am so excited. I am going to get a walk in as soon as one of my family memeebers wakes up to watch baby. I think it is a tad windy for him outside. I am looking forward to the chill. :)

Amanda, we all got days like those. Just gotta make sur eit doesn't happen again for awhile.

2Fat4myJeans
01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm here! I'm here! I'm so sorry for being MIA...things have just been NUTS! DH and I had our one-year anniversary in December... and we bought a house!!! Way sooner than we planned, but we are just in love with our new home. Hopefully we'll be closing by the end of this week. So between inspections, getting our loan, traveling/vacation for the holidays, I feel like I've hardly been home, let alone staying on my diet. :(

I don't know what I weigh, but I do know that my eating has just gone totally in the crapper alongside the exercise. It's back on track today. I have a new motivation... DH and I are going to Moab, UT in mid-April for his birthday (he loves to mountain bike and do outdoorsy things), and I said I'd go on a hike with him in one of the parks. So I need to get myself in shape!

Things are going to be difference since we moved. First, our old house is 5 minutes away from the college campus and we get to use their new rec center for free since we're students. So it has been great (and a money saver) for us to be so close to the gym. Now that we are moving, we won't be as close, and it will take extra motivation to get up and go.

BUT, our new house has an unfinished basement, and DH already has plans to bring down his weight machine (still stored at his parent's house from high school!) and set it up. I bought a pilates mat and plan on doing pilates along with something like WATP or Couch 2 5K on the days I can't make it to the gym, along with weights.

Anway, I'm so glad to see everyone still here!!! This year is the year!!!

2Bthinagain
01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Flower - :carrot: That is awesome about 189 ! Woo Hoo for you !!!

Amanda - you look FANTASTIC !!!!! Be glad your binge is over. I'm also avoiding the scale, I have no idea what type of damage I did over the holidays.

Biggest Loser - anyone watching the new COUPLES edition? I heard one of the trainers say something interesting last night. "Never drink your calories".
I said that over and over to myself several times. They also took the contestents to a hospital and it was enough to jump start "again" with new found motivation.
I know people have questioned before, and I don't remember the answer - do they truly weigh in ONCE a week ?

2Fat4myJeans
01-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I heard one of the trainers say something interesting last night. "Never drink your calories".

I need to keep that in mind as I give up soda... again! :cool:

SunshineRunner
01-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Flower - congrats on 189 and the kind words...not sure I am even in the 180s right now - hopefully it is just sodium kicking my butt....I'm aiming for 10-12 servings of water today. Gotta get this outta me!!!! Argh!

2BThin - Thanks for the compliments! The yuck part of my binge is that it wasn't even for the holidays...seriously...I just kept saying yes when people asked me to eat out!!! Seriously!??!? I know it won't happen as bad as it did this time again...but dang...how depressing! I'm working hard this morning...having a SlimFast now and planning on a big bowl of fruit in a bit.

Biggest Loser - nope, I only get to see it whenever it is on at the gym - I cancelled my cable about 6-7 months ago because I decided I was wasting my life in front of it ...now I can't say...oooh..I can't go to the gym because such and such is on tv....I DO NOT MISS IT!!! The only calories I drink are my slimfast which I have for breakfast almost every single day...and I consider it a meal as it does keep me full (I know this is not the case for everyone!)...other than that, everything else that I drink is calorie free...I mostly drink Water (I prefer Dasani over tap), hot tea (spiced or vanilla chai, green, or any other interesting flavor), diet coke (the more tea I drink the less I want this these days), Arizone Diet Green Peach Tea...yummy!

Enygirl
01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Hello ladies! I'm here! the party can now start! :D

Actually - I'm not doing much partying - i've had a killer cold since Thursday.. the only good thing about being sick is weight loss. I haven't worked out since THursday - and I'm feeling weak because of it. I tried to do some yoga last night - but when I was in the Downward facing dog pose my nose started to drip... EWWW!!!

My good news - My official weigh in for the week (Sunday 30th) was #187 - my official weigh in for the New Year (1/1) was #185.2 - only #.3 away from my New Years challenge goal! :woohoo:

My goal for this month is to get out of the #180's completely... my plan is to drop into the next 10's every month - If I can do that I'll make my ultimate goal by June - but i'm giving myself until Christmas of this year. I wrote a blog about it if you'd like to read it. :)

flower
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM
What is it with the holidays and being sick? It isn't like I did very much either.

I walked for an hour. It was wonderful to get away from my monsters for a little while! I feel recharged.

SunshineRunner
01-02-2008, 02:35 PM
ENY!!! I was wondering where you were! You are right, the party can now start!!! Anywho...sorry to hear you are sick...but glad to hear you are hitting your New Years Goal!!! I'm with you...I'd like to just get down into the next 10's every month....it just makes you feel good to say...I'm never going to be 190 again!!! I can't wait to say that about 180!

Went shopping yesterday and got a few items...it was nice and an amazing feeling that everything I picked out to try on fit...seriously...that hasn't been the case in a few years...clothes just weren't made to fit me very well at my start weight....I kinda love it right now...shopping that is...but I can't do too much because it is just a waste of time considering I'm still shrinking!

Well, I'm eating well today and am putting that binge behind me. Lesson well learned...just making me feel poopy for 2 days afterwards is just not worth it!

Glad you got your exercise in Flower - I don't go until about 7:30pm...when I get to workout with the same group of folks (especially since within that group there are some nice looking men that keep me working hard...I know, lame...but they do keep me coming there!!!)

Well, I need to clean bathrooms...joy! Put away most of Christmas last night - tree is still here but ornaments are off it. Wish I could stand to keep it all out longer...but I'm just tired of the clutter...so sad that Christmas feels like clutter to me this year...oh well!

~Amanda
P.S. I signed up for thedailyplate.com - I had tried Fitday.com but didn't like it so never went back...really enjoying the daily plate...hopefully it helps to give me a boost this month!

2Bthinagain
01-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Eny !! Hope you feel better soon!

Amanda - do you really like the slim fast? I have figured out my lunch and dinner, but I am working on my calories for breakfast and keep thinking about Slim Fast. I never heard of the daily plate, I need to check that out.

Well, sort of good news here. I braved the scales. I only gained 3.5 over the holidays. By my defination that is Dec 24 thru Jan 1. My DH gained 8 pounds! LOL I thought for sure I'd be up in the 220's if not 230's.
I'm still in the 2-teens. Hee hee.
My goal is also 10 pounds a month.

TTFN

2Fat4myJeans
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
I love The Daily Plate, too! I use it now. I've used fit day and spark people in the past, but daily plate has the most food (including fast food) I think. I was surprised to even find Great Value chicken breasts in their list of food (the wal-mart brand of chicken breasts). Plus it's nice to see a number of how many calories you have left to eat that day instead of trying to subtract it... nice for those lazy math people like myself. :)

So far today has been great. It's off to the gym when I go home!

SunshineRunner
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
2Fat - glad you agree with me on the daily plate - definitely much nicer than the others...also, in FL we have a grocery store that most people up north don't have..and today they had my deli meat in the system when I searched for it - love it!

2Bthin - I love SlimFast - I usually have one for breakfast at 8:30am (I buy the rich chocolate royale in the cans, not the powder) and I keep them in the fridge regularly, but put them in the freezer for an hour before I am going to drink them...that makes them really like a milkshake. For some, they take getting used to...but they provide a lot of good nutrition...5 grams of fiber, low cal, low fat, lots of vitamins...and they keep me full for about 3-4 hours...I usually follow up about 3 hours later with either a Fiber One bar or an all bran snack...just to keep me full until lunch at 2pm.

SunshineRunner
01-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Had a wonderful workout ladies!!! 3.7 miles on the elliptical, followed up by some upper body and ab exercises, then 2.5 miles on the treadmill...I do interval training - ended up with 1.5 miles of pure running, 1 mile of fast paced walk...wish I could do 2.5 miles straight running, but I'm just not there yet....oooh..the cute guy was 2 treadmills over from me!!! Yum! Made me work a bit harder :)

Oh...got on the scale once I got home, read 187.8...so not as bad as I thought...but I'm sure the flushing of the system the past 2 days has been a help...since I drink a ton of water at the gym, I am hoping the scale god will lower me down a bit in the morning...hey, a girl can dream right???

Night night!

Enygirl
01-03-2008, 08:24 AM
gator - I'm starting to get scared by the scale gods! I weigh myself every day - and write it down - but only count the official on Sunday - well since I've been sick this is what's happened:
Sun - 12/30 - #187
Mon - 12/31 - #186.8
Tue - 1/1 - #185.2
Wed - 1/2 - #184.8
Thur - 1/3 - #182.8

That's almost 5 pounds in 4 days - not too healthy...
I even had my dd get on the scale the last few mornings to make sure that my new scale isn't broken! but every day she weighs between #39.6 and #40.2 (she's almost 6)

I'm still eating at least 1100 cals a day - but this illness is kicking my *** and I'm feeling weaker and weeaker from it. I did manage to do about 10 mins. of pilates last night - but then I couldn't take it anymore - my head felt like it was going to explode!

2Fat4myJeans
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Good morning everyone! Well I faired very well on my official first day back on the diet...even got to the gym for half an hour...not as quite as long as I'd like, but it's better than nothing! :carrot:

Anyone else get a sugar craving right after dinner? I think this is partially due to lately eating a lot of sweets over the holidays, but also because I think I was raised so that we always had dessert after dinner. I notice my dad does the same thing whenever we're at home. Last night I did just fine - had two reduced fat oreos and I felt satisfied.

flower
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Oh yes, I desire the sweets after dinner! It is a hard habit to break.

Scale said 188.5 today. I only count Mondays W/I as official though. I don't get on every day but if I am in the kitchen first thing I will.

Eny...I was hungrier during my illness. What is up with that?

SunshineRunner
01-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Eny - don't stress about the weight loss...it happened when I was sick last month as well...I dropped like 5lbs. in one week...I don't think any of them came back...if they did, they weren't memorable...just think...even though you are sick...the scale gods are in your favor! Don't overwork yourself..you won't get better any faster that way!

2Fat - I don't normally get sugar cravings after dinner...not too much of a sweet person - however, I did find out about Breyer's Double Churn Fat Free Ice Cream and spotted some this week at Walmart - Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk...all I have to say is OH MY!!! Bestill my heart. It was fabulous, I tried it last night for the first time (only the 1/2 cup serving size too!) and it was absolutely amazing...yum yum yum! I might have a new weakness!

2Bthinagain
01-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Amanda - thanks for the slim fast tip. I will pick some up. Congrats on the 3.7 miles !

Eny - I do hope you feel better, though I know it's not the best way to lose weight, I'd take it any way I can. But stay healthy!

2Fat - OMG, I have always craved something chocolate after every meal my entire life !

SunshineRunner
01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Another night, another good workout. I ate really well again today...tons of fruit, 2 Slimfast shakes as I was out of the house and only like to eat real meals sitting down at home....I know, weird...packed in 31 grams of fiber for my day and stayed below the rec. sodium allowance. I like that! Switched from American to Colby Jack cheese and cut my sodium in half!!! Woo hoo!

Still freezing in FL! Yuck! Ready for bed - will check in tomorrow - hope all is well!
P.S. I am really enjoying the daily plate....really gives me a good perspective on what I am eating and what not.

P.S.S. Some of you have noticed, but I did start blogging on 3fc...soooo...maybe an update tomorrow on how I feel.

P.S.S. I'm about to upload another sweet shot I took of myself into my profile...love my face in this shot...besides my fatty cheeks, I'm starting to remember this face!

flower
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I woke up to a raging headache and my period. Lovely! At least I know where my rotton mood came from yesterday. I made cookies yesterday (I always bake when mad) and I only had 1! And when baby wanted one, I broke one in half and stuck the other half in the cookie jar. Normally I eat his half. Major accomplishment!

flower
01-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Love that picture Amanda!

Enygirl
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
isn't TOM so lovely? doesn't make a quiet arrival huh? I'm still feeling crappy... stayed home from work again today. At least my boss understands. I love my job, but it's going to be killer to try to catch up next week. Ugh.

I've taken your advice and I'm not worrying about the weight loss. I think I'll just revamp my goals come Sunday - nothing like a little extra boost to get my butt in gear this new years!

Amanda - I like the new pic! I think I may follow suit when I'm feeling better and take one too. especially now that I'm down about #15 from the first one - like to be able to compare the 2. :)

flower
01-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Got a hour walk in. Gotta modivate myself to clean some and then plan a shopping list out. Want to make the boys muffins this week from scratch.

SunshineRunner
01-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Scale still isn't moving this week....but I am logging in everything at thedailyplate and I am staying very well on track. I figure it's just gonna be one of those *praying/hoping* short plateaus and it will start moving shortly. It's kind of annoying...but I'm living with it.

Went to farmers market this morning and stocked up on all sorts of fresh fruits. Forgot to get a couple items, but that is nothing new! Strawberries are just coming into season (All Hail the Plant City Strawberry Festival...can't wait to go!! - Flower are you going???) and I bought a pint and they just smell delicious...can't wait to eat some tonight.

Anywho...working out is going well, I just wish my gym was open later on Sat/Sun...I'd go more on those days if it were...but still plan to fit it in tomorrow....was lazy afternoon for me...which reminds me...I need to clean as well...boo hoo...I have just put it off for far too long!

Off to go burn some cals with cleaning!

flower
01-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I have never heard of that festival. When? where? I LOVE strawberries!

My old town was flooded in a levee break. {fernley NV} I was mesmerized by the photos and videos on the web yesterday. I got nothing accomplished in the afternoon. Good thing I had already done my walk!

W/I is in the morning. I gotta stay away from salt today and drink more water so I can get the best results possible. :)

Enygirl
01-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Flower - I should've got that advice last night! :) I'm at #184.4 this morning for the official weigh in. I knew that I should have stayed away from the pizza last night... late night binge w/ lots of salt and not nearly enough water yesterday.

I'm going to keep my goals the same instead of changing them. I still can't do a full work out - I'm still not 100%. I need to not push myself right now.

I'm still well on schedule to be out of the #180's by Kickoff of the Super Bowl - I just need to stick with it, take things slowly. and start building back up - I have the Frozen Blueberry walk in 3 weeks!!!

SunshineRunner
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Ugh. I feel like I got nowhere this week. I was on plan...exercised...but didn't lose any. The scale did hit 186 a couple times, but I don't feel like I justifiably lost that weight as it has also said 187. Oh well, I hope I get out of this rut real quick...I guess I'm just used to losing more quickly...and although it doesn't sound that way...I have mentally prepared myself to be patient when times like these arrive...they usually last about 10 days for me...but this one feels like forever. Anywho...just a little "poor me" rant...hope everyone had a great weekend.

Flower - the strawberry festival is in plant city...just google it, they have a good site...has a fair and all the different strawberries that you could ever want to eat. It is in February...lots of concerts...if you like country music.

flower
01-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Last Monday was 190.5 dressed, today dressed I am 188! Woo hoo! After 3 weeks of no change, FINALLY!

Enygirl
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Flower - WTG on the loss - it must be great to be out of the rut!

Gator - hang in there - it's a small plateau - just stick with plan hon - it'll change. Are you still training for the 5K?

2Fat4myJeans
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey everyone! You're all doing so great...and you are such great motivators and so inspiring! Congrats on the weight loss, flower!!

DH and I close on our new house tomorrow afternoon..ack! So the past week has been spent packing and cleaning..ugh... and then moving, unpacking and cleaning and organizing starts Wednesday at the new... no fun. But I'm so happy about our new home!

Something I realized this weekend... we have basically been living out of boxes for the past few days and things are obviously very hectic with getting everything in order and buying a home... so I have not been able to exercise as nearly as much as I like. Anyway, I was falling back into that "well we're moving and I don't have time to exercise/eat healthy" blah blah same old excuse... well just because I'm busy doesn't mean that I have to go off the deep end with eating, which is what I typically do.

I don't know about anyone else but when I eat poorly for a few days-week, I physically FEEL it. I feel sluggish, my stomach hurts, I'm tired all the time. I started "detoxing" i.e. EATING CLEAN (no processed foods/no fried foods/no more soda/etc.) and I already feel so much better. My stomach is finally saying THANK YOU for feeding me wholesome food! :o

2Fat4myJeans
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh, also!!!! I am so excited I just had to share.

We are expanding our building at work and taking over the office building next door. Well as of Feb 1 the new building and all the construction will be complete... WITH A GYM! I am SO excited!! I get in way earlier than everyone (6 a.m.) and I can have the gym all to myself for the first hour I am at work! Of course I will have to work later, but that's ok.. I am just SO excited that we are finally getting a gym at my office!!! No excuses for me now! :carrot:

Enygirl
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Anna - That's awesome a new house and a gym at work! WOO HOO!!!

SunshineRunner
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Okay - think I am getting back on track...I'm officially accepting 186 into my weight loss...it has been there all day today...even after coming home from the gym at 10pm...so I'm taking it and running with it!

Made some good low cal/low fat/low sodium chicken noodle soup and had that around 4pm for lunch/dinner....was too busy today to eat a true meal before then...just snacked.

Had a good workout...enjoyed it at least. :)

Eny - I'm not training for the 5k...I honestly don't think I am ready and would prefer to run in it....I can run inside on the treadmill or elliptical easily for that distance...but outside is another story...especially in the land of hot where we live in FL....but I am not forgetting it, I am just going to wait for another one after I drop 10-15 more lbs...I think I would be better then...you know, when my arse isn't shaking like jello! :)

Anywho..I'm tired and it's past bedtime...see you ladies in the morning!
~A

Enygirl
01-08-2008, 01:15 AM
I understand - except I have the opposite problem with the weather - it's SO cold here! I'm still going to do the 5K - but I'm walking - so the Jello shaking isn't so bad :) I haven't walked outside in 2 weeks because of the weather - I'm going to get out a few times this week though - since the weather's warmed up some.

And you're right - it's WAY past bedtime - but I just got done trying to catch up on some stuff from work since I missed 2 days... yuck! Oh well - Over time's nice :)

SunshineRunner
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
The Scale Gods are back in Full Swing!!! Weighed in at 184 this morning! I know, i weigh myself too much, but seriously...it works for me. I'm glad I'm getting off this plateau...I think my cooking light chicken noodle soup must have been the big helper...either that or all the miles I ran at the gym last night...whooo...that whipped my butt...over 6 miles :)

As for my jello wiggle butt...it can't be completely bad...2 guys started talking about it at the gym last night...I know...kinda rude, but it still felt good :)

Hope everyone is having a great day...I'm going to try my best to get some cleaning done around here!

SunshineRunner
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning ladies!!! Where is everyone? How is everyone doing? I don't have much to say...just a different day :) Hope everyone is doing well...
Amanda

Enygirl
01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
:yay: gator! - WTG on getting back in the scale God's good graces! Also - even if it is rude to talk about others back sides - it feels really good when it's a positive comment about yours! :D

Yesterday at work - I was wearing a pair of Khaki corderoys - and one of the girls in the office pulled on the back of them towards the top of my thigh and said "you're looking ****ing Great!" - yes it probably crossed some line somewhere - do i care - not really. I'm pretty open - touchy/feely wise. :)

2Fat4myJeans
01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone, I'm here in body but not in mind... lol. We closed on our new house and began moving stuff yesterday afternoon. It snowed a good 4 inches the night before and as I was helping DH move our headboard up the driveway, I slipped on the ice and fell flat on my back. My back is killing me this morning! I'm hoping it's just a minor pull...ouch!

Well it's halfway through the week... I hope everyone is doing well! Amanda, way to go on breaking the plateau!! You should be very proud of yourself!

flower
01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Getting over the old w/i hump is wonderful!

I have not a whole lot to add either. Just eatting lean, excersiceing more. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Enygirl
01-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Good morning girls - I guess since none if us have a lot to add that we're all doing pretty good huh? This week is going good for me. I was finally able to do an actual work out yesterday.. it was nice. i'm going to ad in my ab video tonight... I'm feeling really squishy in the middle right now :D

I may actually walk outside today - it's not too cold - a lot depends on time - I get out of work at 3:30 - home by 4 - and then have to get dinner and DD to drum lessons at 6. maybe after if it's not too dark.

I've gotten SEVERAL compliments today on the suit that I'mwearing. A friend had given it to me a month or so ago and I now fit into it w/ out it being too tight! and it's a 16!! I'm SO EXCITED!!! :yay: :cheer: :woohoo:

Ok I'm off to actually accomplish something at work now :) here's some :dust: for the rest of the day!

SunshineRunner
01-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Eny - Congrats on the nice suit & the compliments it brings!!! Fabulous! Glad you are on track and everything is going well!

Flower - we are all talked out this month heh? Ha! I know, we are in a chitty chat slump!!!

2fat - Congrats on your new home!!! I know better than many - I sell homes for a living...so it is an amazing feeling - I love when I get someone into a new home....especially first time home buyers - it's great! Oh..the falling part and moving during winter kinda suck though :) I heard people up north don't really move at this time of year???

Well...I found a new pasta - Hungry Girl sent me the info this morning - as you all know, I am a fiber freak....so I have checked out online reviews and (3fc even has one about it) www.fibergourmet.com - 18-20 grams of fiber per 2oz. serving - only 130 calories and 1 gram of fat - and comes in different flavors and apparently...this is a bit tough to believe - but tastes just like real pasta - so great with a light alfredo sauce or tomato sauce...yum yum! I'm getting my order ready - so many rave reviews on non-whole wheat pasta are amazing (I try to eat whole wheat, but it just tastes like dirt to me!)

What else...not much to report...having a good work out week. Ewww...Started TOM today...but that is okay as I usally see a drop after TOM is done...sweet :) Who knew one could love TOM so much?

Anywho...I have a lunch date with a banker...at a mexican rest....so let's see how good I do...Mexican is my fave...so we are talking major holding back will have to take place...oh...and this banker hasn't seen me since the first week of November - when I was 208...sweet (cause I went to HS with her so she remembers the old me!) so I'm sure it will be a fun lunch :)

I'll let you all know how it goes! :carrot:

flower
01-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Good luck at lunch Amanda! Eny, congrats on the suit! Anna...moving is fun, but stressful. Breathe!

Hubby and I worked out together Tuesday night. I am still in pain! I need to get lundges and squats back into my regular workouts. Once in a blue moon doesn't cut it! I will give my legs one more day rest (walking doesn't count, uses different muscle groups) and do an upper body workout and hubby is off tomorrow so he can torture me again.

Food is fine here. Yesterday was a eating day {healthy, within alloted points} probably as I am getting in 2 workouts a day lately. It is catching up with me. Trying to stay off scale til Monday. We will see if I can.

Enygirl
01-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I can never stay off the scale! I weigh everyday - but don't bum on the flexuations of day-to-day. I only change the ticker on Sundays though... which is still hard for me when i have a loss in the middle of the week :)

My BF said last night that he wants to lose #45 - that's be awesome to have him doing this with me - but I know he's not quite ready to go for it yet... he's still in the talking phase.

Gator - have a great lunch! It's exciting to see people that haven't seen the "new you' yet.

Anna - :congrat: on the house - that's SO COOL!!! I have moving and packing and trying to settle in - but in about 6 months you'll be all set again. :D

SunshineRunner
01-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Lunch was good - I got grilled chicken breast that was delish and it came with rice & beans that I didn't touch! Yay me! I'm sure there was plenty of sodium in it, but hey...I drank a ton of water today...

Went to the gym tonight & attended my first class - Cardio Kickboxing - 1 hour - more like "Cardio Kick Amanda's Arse" should be the name of it. It was fun...I'm absolutely the worst coordinated person in the world...but I think I'll go again - I even saw 2 different people that I haven't see in about 10 years in there. Amazing :) I followed up Kickboxing with my normal gym routine...not bad...but I'm tired now...

Long day at the vet's office tomorrow (I work there part time) the receptionist called today to tell me that we have 3 emergency surgeries to do after our appointments...so who knows how long I will be there...guess a nap tomorrow afternoon isn't in my future...oh well :)

Eny - I'm like you with the scale - I actually like to watch the fluctuations...I usually don't get too depressed...until I have my once monthly 10-day plateau the week before TOM..which arrived so I should be seeing some loss this weekend...let's keep our fingers crossed!

I'll check in tomorrow btwn. appointments!
~Amanda

flower
01-11-2008, 08:12 AM
No, I am the most uncordinated person in the world. Good for you for getting to the class! Grilled chicken sounds yummy. I hate Spanish/Mexican rice. wouldn't tempt me in the least. The beans, I can take them or leave them.

I have cleaning and scrapbooking planned for the weekend. Getting in daily workouts as well.

SunshineRunner
01-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Flower - you lose on being the lease coordinated. I now have 2 broken toes (my small ones on my right foot) courtesy of my bedroom door frame last night. They are bad and painful and the black and blue goes into my foot...not good...but not much a doc could do...so I'll just tape them up and let them heal...probably no running for a bit...but at least I can do weights and maybe some walking. Hurts sooooo bad right now!!!

On another note, I signed up for the Kmart challenge - I found out about it this morning on 3FC and went after work...today was the only day to sign up - but lots of prizes and you weigh in every 2 weeks. A little bit of motivation there! I'll let y'all know how it goes - they only require that you lose 2lbs every 2 weeks...so I should be okay! Especially since I weighed today and TOM is here...sooo..I'm pretty sure I'll be a bit lighter next weigh in.

Oh well, I'm tired and hurt...hope everyone is doing well...cold front coming here tomorrow - yay!

Enygirl
01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm an emotional TRAIN WRECK this weekend.. TOM's here - work is a complete stressful MESS!!! BF and I started fighting last night and it hasn't stopped yet. I'm praying that things will have calmed down by the time he gets home from work tonight.

It's just stupid stuff - nothing important - just me being overly emotional and I know it. UGH

I weigh in tomorrow for the "official" I have been very bad the last 2 days. I still think I'll be down from last week - but not as much as I could have been. I can't wait for this week (TOM) to end!

SunshineRunner
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm with you Eny - my life has been a mess as well - constant fighting, tom, the toes....yuck! Wishing you luck!

Enygirl
01-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Well I'm officially down #1 this week. Not as good as it could've been - but it's still going in the right direction. Things will get better after TOM leaves. :)

As for personal life stuff - Joe and I had a much better night then we did day... I honestly don't think it's bad that our biggest problem is that I want him around! so we talked a little bit last night and then watched a movie. - relationship stuff is hard!! ugh!

flower
01-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Hubby and I used to fight every 3 months, never failed. Bickered during TOM but every 3 months I just went crazy. Thankfully we have seemed to outgrow that, now our melt downs are limited to about once a year. After 1o years together we have figured out what sets the other off. I understand where you are coming from.

I am down 1 pound. 187. I ate entirely more than I normally do. My waist is down to a 39.5" though! woo hoo, under 40!

I have smashed toes like that, hurts like the dickens!

Enygirl
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
:woohoo: flower! WTG on the smaller waist! Luckily for me - my waist has never been the problem... but the spare tire around my hips is getting smaller :) Good job on anotherpound gone too! :D

SunshineRunner
01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Congrats on the weight loss ladies! Toes are still killing me but I am determined to go to the gym tonight, so will have to see what I can actually do...that should be interesting. :) I'm dying to see the scale say 179 (not that it moved past 184 this week)....I know it will be at least another week or two...but I can't wait for it to happen.

2Bthinagain
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi girls!
sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I can see lots going on! Weight loss, broken toes and moving! Wow, you miss so much in a short time!

I took hydroxycut this morning. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Also finally picked up some Slim Fast -- the choc kind. Stuck it in the freezer this morning for 45 minutes, and it's not so bad. Like a breakfast shake. I'm still loving my SMART ONES chicken fettucine (sp?). My husband is actually a food scientist and he said his company has been retained to try and find some new formulas so that it doesn't make you feel bloated. It actually doesn't make me feel that way. Less of course my waist is so fat I just can't tell anymore when I'm bloated!

Have a great week everyone!

;)

2Fat4myJeans
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Hello, hello! Wanted to check in this morning...feel like I have finally resurfaced and coming back to life after moving all week with the big Move In last Saturday. My back is still hurting...got so bad on Saturday night that I couldn't even stand up. I finally took it easy yesterday and put heat on it all day and took some anti-inflammatory pills...feel halfway back to normal today. I did end up losing 1 lb. last week..MIRACLE! We are finally settled in and can start eating at home again instead of having to eat out. Went to the grocery store with hubby last night and got lots of healthy food. :D

It was very exciting buying our first home! Though very emotional and stressful, too. I was laughing about the comments about fighting. I think DH and I fought more over the past two months than we did the entire 4 years we've been together. We have been married just over one year and I definitely had the "what did I get myself into?" moment while going through the stressful closing process/moving process. Thankfully it's over and we seem to be back on track. They weren't lying when they said that marriage/relationships take work! It was definitely a test of our marriage but I feel sooo great now that we've weathered the storm!

Amanda - OUCH on the broken toes! I hope you heal quickly!

2B -let me know how you like the SlimFasts. I've been thinking of picking some up for breakfast, since I have a hard time liking breakfast foods in general.

Flower ~ congrats on the weight loss!!

Keep it up, everyone!!! We can do it!

SunshineRunner
01-14-2008, 03:50 PM
2Fat & 2B - I drink slimfast every morning, put in freezer for hour and they are delicious - even have one in the evenings sometimes if my calories are low.

Enygirl
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
2B & 2 Fat - Welcome back! I'm working late again tonight - I'm getting very sick of these hours - but the overtime is really nice ;) It's killing my workout schedule - what's a girl to do??? well back to it...

2Fat4myJeans
01-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Good morning, ladies! Eny, sorry to hear about the late night hours... no fun! I hope you get back to working some regular hours soon. :)

Amanda, thanks for the Slim Fast tips. I have to stop by the grocery store on the way home from work today so I may pick some up.

Well the house is coming together, though I tried to pick up a large, heavy tub of books last night and aggrivated my back again. It's hurting pretty bad this morning...boo! :p Other than that, DH and I are back on track with eating healthy at home... yippee! Last night we had baked chicken, brown rice and green beans. It tasted so good, and my scale was very kind to me this morning, as well! :D

SunshineRunner
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
2Fat - S/F canned is cheapest at Walmart in my area - 6pack +2 free for I think $4.98...either there or BJ's wholesale club.

Eny - guess what? okay, you dont' have to guess...but a friend of mine is going to walk the 5k this weekend and she asked me to do it with her...so I am going to...broken toes and all...I was able to do the elliptical for 45 min. last night...so I shouldn't have too much trouble with the 5k...a little sad I wno't be running it, but very happy that I will be in it! Plus, I get a free tshirt designed by the person who it is in memory of's wife (weird sentence, I know) which I can show off at the gym...which might sound lame, but I am excited!

In other news...the scale gods are back in favor as even though TOM is still lingering, scale showed 183 this morning!!! Very exciting for me as with all the bloat the scale was showing 187 at times through the week...can't wait for it to all be gone! I have a love/hate relationship with water weight....but at least I know how to track my own...so it gives me some relief as I know it will go away quickly.

Flower...did you check out the strawberry festival?

flower
01-16-2008, 09:43 AM
The strawberry festival is the same time as Bike Week in Daytona. hubby REALLY wants to go do that. We may have to compromise. :D

I got yelled at today, security thought I was a student at the high school. I will take that as a compliment at age 38.5!

My engine collant light went back on. I just filled it up on Sunday. That means I have a leak. I don't need this, going to WDW on Friday!

I have today to finish cleaning. Parents{dad, step mom} come in at 6, thank goodness they are staying at a hotel but they will still visit.

SunshineRunner
01-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Bike week, strawberries, bike week, strawberries - I'll bet there are nicer looking men at bike week :)

My weekend is getting filled with fun things to do - y'all are going to start making fun of my festivals...but Saturday (after the 5K) I am going to the Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival - yup - frog legs. Like...people eat them down here...I have before, they taste like chicken...nothing too exciting...not planning on eating them this weekend though...not really my thing, just really in it for the festival. I'm going with my mom - she had the idea - and heck, sometimes it's just nice to get out of town for the day.

Still haven't cleaned my bathrooms...they are getting to be hazardous to my health...ugh!

2Fat4myJeans
01-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Yippee! Down another lb. this morning! the healthy eating is definitely paying off, plus our new house has stairs and I'm constantly running up and down them... always good to get in a little extra exercise! Last night I made stuffed shells with lowfat ricotta and Mmmm...so yummy. I brought leftovers for lunch today.

What's your survival plan for the weekends? They tend to be the hardest for me...

Enygirl
01-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Anna - :yay: on the weight loss - the extra exercise - and getting everything organized again! My plan for the weekend - hopefully I'll just sleep and won't have to worry about it! :rofl: actually As long as I keep my water intake up I usually don't do too bad - it's when I forget the water that everything else falls apart.

gator - I feel ya - I finally broke down and scrub my bathrooms last weekend. I generally keep them tidy - but a full cleaning had been awhile! Now if I could just get the gumption to do the kitchen floor! ugh.

flower :hug: for the visit - I always stress whenever my mom comes over too! That's awesome about being mistaken for a student!

Ok girls - off to work - again... I'm down to #180.8 this morning.. hopefully I'll keep this up for Sunday's "official" weigh in! :hug: & :dust: for all!

SunshineRunner
01-19-2008, 01:43 AM
Looks like we are all working hard and keeping on track of our goals. Weighing in at 181 today...sweet!

Eny - I can't wait to hear what your Sunday weigh-in comes in at! You are kicking your own arse this month!!! Awesome!

I'm headed to the Frog Leg Festival tomorrow and hopefully...keep your fingers crossed everyone...I have time to clean those darn bathrooms on Sunday! Ha! I should be shot for how dirty they are (I mean, they aren't filthy..but they are far from shining!).

Oooh...I spoke with a trainer at my gym tonight...we are going to meet on Sunday to discuss personal training (his price isn't bad...$35/session) and I have talked with him plenty..he's kind of annoying, but not awful...and he works the door almost every night that I come...so...I'll try it out a couple times ....since I am just around the corner from losing 50lbs...I think I need to get harder into toning up...right now I use the machines, but would love to use the big boy weights :) I haven't told anyone (family) that I am doing this...so we'll just see how it turns out!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Enygirl
01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
gator - How was the 5K? I am doing good this month - but I ate WAY TOO much salt yesterday - and not nearly enough water to flush it out - so the number this morning was back up! I'm going to be extra good today - lower end of the cals scale - up the water to 80 oz... tomorrow is the official - I'd LOVE to see a 0 or 1 behind the 8 instead of a 2 or 3!!! This morning it was #181.8... so very borderline.

It's also my baby's 6th birthday - so I'm off to be a fairy and stuff teddy bears. Have a great day everyone! :dust: for all!

Enygirl
01-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok girls - I once again self sabotaged... I'm down to #182.4 this week.. only a pound loss. I guess it could've been worse - but I was doing SO good up until Friday. I could kick myself! But alas - it just means I need to focus more on me.. get more sleep, work out more and treat my body better. I still have #50 to lose and one pound a week just isn't going to cut it right now.

I'm still on schedule to hit my Super Bowl Goal - but I'd like to get past it early - so that I can meet my Valentine's goal of #175, and my St. Patrick's goal of #164.8 (1/2 way mark) - can't do that if I'm sabotaging myself every week!

I need a lot of :dust: girls!

SunshineRunner
01-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Fabulous News Ladies - I hit 179 this morning!!! Yahoo! I can believe it - just because I have been working so hard these past few weeks. Eating well, working out very hard and staying on track. It feels great! :) Just wanted everyone to know!

Eny - I didn't do the 5k - my toes are still bothering me...boo hoo- I know that I could have done it, but I really didn't want to be the last one across the finish line....sooooo....I'm pretty much cancelled due to fear. I'll get my courage up though!

I worked with a personal trainer this morning...it was good, she understands what I want to do...worked me hard...not too hard, but she did push me...she didn't let me slide when she knew I had the strength to do something...in any case, I am going back to the gym tonight, but I also plan on working with her maybe once a week for a bit to get my arse in really good shape. She seems smart and I like that :) Can't ask for more...now I just have to explain to the guy that wanted to train me (he is often there when I come in, but couldn't fit me into his schedule at this point) that I'm going to stick with her.....that should be fun...yeah...right.

Anywho...I'll be back later...hope everyone is working hard and staying on track...no more splurges Eny - you are supposed to be at 179 with me!!!...actually, you were on schedule to beat me to it...so get back with it!

Enygirl
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Gator - I'm back with you! I was at #180.4 this morning - although I'm wishing that I was 5'8" so that I could be as close to goal as you are ;) I'm sorry about the 5K and your toes. Mine's this weekend - I'm excited. I don't care if I cross last - as long as I cross :)

I changed my tickers to reference this morning's ticker - I needed something happy to look at. Alright - i have to get back to work. I'll check back later.

flower
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Okay, I read all the posts I missed but I can't remember anything I just read cause I am fixed on the frog leg festival. roflmao What do they do there? Please don't say frog jumping contests cause no one could eat a poor frog then! I love frogs, I just couldn't do it.

WDW was fun, but not as much fun as Disneyland. I am just too used to how they do it there to change my ways now. lol Gosh, I am getting old.

Time to get back to a regular eatting schedule. Regular walking schedule too, although I waled enough in Orlando. That first night I sat in the bath for an hour to soak my calves and feet. My worst vice on vacation was not drinking enough. Gotta work on that big time!

SunshineRunner
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Haha flower - the frogleg festival was interesting - a lot smaller than I thought. I don't eat the frog legs either...however, I have tried them in the past....the funniest part is that there were actually anti-frog leg eating activists outside of the podunk town festival. Seriously...they tried to give me information - my response was "I don't eat frog" then I whispered to my mother..."but I don't care if someone else does"..seriously...we have so many dang frogs where I live...I don't care if they are eaten or not. It was cute and fun...of course shopping on the way home was much more fun. I got 2 new pairs of reeboks from the outlet for $35/each...and I love them better than my nike shox...which I have grown to loathe.

I wrote on my blog about (yes, I'm updating more often!) how I did with the personal trainer and how bad I ache...I'm still kicking my own butt into gear though....have to do it since I didn't for all those years.

I know I am at 179...and I'm being greedy...but I'd really like to hit 177 before the end of the month...just so I know the scale won't fluctuate back up to the 180's...it always scares me! Gosh...I really am greedy.

Eny - I am VERY thankful for my height...I have never ever been jealous of people shorter than me..the weight does spread out a lot better this way and it is nice to know that once I hit 162 I will no longer be overweight...gosh..that's only 17 freaking lbs away...it seems like it will take forever to get to though...

Okay...I'm having a semi-off day - no working at the vet's office and hopefully no more real estate appointments for the day :) I'm going to lay on the couch and catch up with some online television shows (I don't have tv!)...so this is my way of vegging...and I'm excited....good news is I won't be munching down a whole bag of chips while doing it!

~Amanda

flower
01-25-2008, 07:56 AM
There are a few extra frogs in these parts, aren't there? lol

I am going to Key West for the weekend. I feel like such the traveler. This time, hubby comes along. I don't want to go anywhere else without him. The baby is too much work alone! Have you been Amanda?

As for diet, I am not being a glutton, but I am not at 100% either. I am not gonna beat myself up, I need to get rid of my parents. :lol They have NO concept of diet! Wed I will be back on track. :D I am at least still getting in excersice without even trying much. I brought up 9 loads of groceries from car up 3 flights of stairs yesterday. Mall walked in the evening.

SunshineRunner
01-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Flower - of course I have been to key west - bad news for you though - not great beaches at all...but a fun time can most definitely be had...make sure you stop by Mile Marker #1 - it's a good photo spot - hopefully you find it....the kids will have tons of fun this weekend I'm sure.

Not much going on other than keeping rather busy - lots of work to do around here...gotta run!
Amanda

Enygirl
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I DID IT!!! :yay: :cheer: :yay: I finished my FIRST 5K walk-race! My time was 52:59 - which was decent considering the snow on the ground and the fact that it was 28 degrees out. :) I'm SO proud of myself! Oh - AND I took FIRST PLACE for my age group!! I FREAKING ROCK!!!

I'll check in with you all tomorrow after my weigh in. Hoping it's good - although i tend to dip the lowest mid week. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A #17X NUMBER!!! :dust: & :hug:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/Enygirl/DSCN0601.jpg

SunshineRunner
01-28-2008, 11:52 PM
ENY - your smile says it all - you are so proud of yourself and so am I!!! Congratulations - and a medal to boot - so fabulous!!! When is your next 5K???

Big question everyone...should I go skydiving this weekend or not? I'm scared of heights and never thought I would want to...like seriously totally against it...but I guess the right person asked me and I may very well go..we'll see...I'll keep you updated, but please let me know your opinions!

Enygirl
01-29-2008, 09:10 AM
i would love to go sky diving!!! I say go for it!

The next one I think I'm going to do is the St. Patrick's day one in my hometown. :) It was a BLAST!

SunshineRunner
01-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Glad you are going to keep up the 5k's...it'll be worth it and keep you on track with your walking program :)

Got my measurements this morning...will post on my blog in a bit...but they were all positive - and mostly unexpected. Good news!

As long as I can get someone to cover my shift at work (which I'm thinking I can) then I am on for skydiving. I'm not scared yet...so keep your fingers crossed that I make it!

~Amanda

flower
01-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Skydiving, you are braver than me!
Eny-congrats AGAIN. :)

I am a bit overwhelmed in bills/debt right now. Hopefully I will have a plan and can get back on track and be happy or somewhat calm again.

SunshineRunner
01-29-2008, 11:49 PM
You'll figure it out Flower - us women always do :)

Enygirl
01-30-2008, 06:13 PM
flower - I agree! You'll get it taken care of. :)

I sucked it up and changed my tickers back to my Sunday weigh in. I'm doing better this week - and hopefully I'll be back down by the end of this week. My NSV this week - My friend at work - who used to be a 12/14 - is now a size 6... Anyhow - she gave me a TON of her old "fat girl" clothes. And since her old clothes are still too small for me - I greatfully took them! So now I have 4 new suits, 6 new pairs of dress pants, Tons of dress shirts and 17 - yes 17 new pairs of Jeans. Best part - I put on one of the 14s and they fit!!! not in the comfortable - now favorite pair - kind of way - but I put them on - and I could zip them up with out having to lay on the bed - pull out the pliers. :) :yay: :)

I haven't seen a 14 since HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!

flower
01-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Eny, that is awesome! I need to find a score like that. lol

I turned in a job application yesterday. I am looking for childcare so I don't have to scramble when I accept the job. {yes, I am thinking possitively!} They aren't calling for interviews for a week, so I will check the #1 on my list today and then more on Mon and Tuesday. Internet/cable is caught up. And on Wednesday I will get their call for a formal interview. I talked to the mgr yesterday, that went well.

Enygirl
02-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Hang in there flower!

flower
02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I paid/caught up on all the bills today except for the medical bills. We have to call them on Monday and plead to let us set up a cheap payment plan. lol I have 25$ til Thursday and my gas tank is on a 1/4 tank. This will be a fun week. lol I got my period to, but I am gonna have faith it will all work out. Sometimes that is all we got.

SunshineRunner
02-03-2008, 01:30 AM
I survived and am down to minus 50lbs...which basically made me feel better about skydiving...like it was meant to be...because I did not expect to be down to minus 50lbs today! Whooo!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/100_1561.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/100_1569.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/100_1567.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/100_1577.jpg

Enygirl
02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Gator - HOW FREAKING COOL!!!! I love the pics! Was it completely Exhilarating??
Also - :bravo: on the #50 pounds lost! That's INCREDIBLE!!!!

I'm down #1.2 this week. I didn't hit Super Bowl goal - so I really have to step it up this month and lose #10.2 total in order to get back on track for the overall plan (#9.4 to go!) Those few weeks of binging and not exercising screwed me.

I've put up the new mini-goal ticker.. it's going to be hard - but if I stay OP the next 11 days and work my butt off (literally) I can do it!

here's some :dust: for the big game!

flower
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Amanda, girl good for you for being so brave and getting to the -50 mark!

SunshineRunner
02-04-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm still amazed that I did the skydiving (I'm totally afraid of heights...or at least I thought so!)...now I think I can do anything!

Scale ready 175.6 today...I'll move my marker if that is true...seems odd...it's flying down this weekend...weird weird weird...but I'll take whatever I can get.

P.S. did you see how HOT my instructor was?? He's from Italy...so hot w/an accent! Yum!

P.S.S. I guess you can see I'm still a man crazed woman!

Enygirl
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Gator - the instructor was VERY HOT!! :) I'm a little jealous.

Good job on the loss! I did that the second week of Jan to - and then I screwed it all up by not exercising and keeping the metabolism going - DON'T DO THAT!! IT SUCKS TO START BACK #3!!!!

I'm having a good day so far - eating's right on - started my day w/ a 10 min power yoga video. I think i'm going to do that from now on. Do a 10 - 15 min video first thing in the morning to get the metabolism going and then do a longer work out at night. I'm going to see how it works out. :)

Here's some :dust: for the week. :)

2Bthinagain
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Okay so I'm not checking in for a while and I'm missing all these motivation stories, all the weight loss success, a 5K and sky diving !
You girls rock!

Sorry I've been MIA..with little ones it's just one thing after another. I had to call an ambulance for our 3 yr old 2 weeks ago. He's fine now, long story, but he is fine.
As for me, my grand total weight loss since the start of our 70s club is only about 12 pounds. But I do feel good. I enjoy the slim fast shakes, they've been filling me up....I am also snacking on tootsie pop lolloypops. I know, I know, not good, but it gives me the fix I need for the day.
I promise to check in again very very soon.
Thanks for posting so much and sharing all your daily ups & downs with the board!

Enygirl
02-08-2008, 01:19 PM
2bthin - welcome back! We're still here - pushing and plugging away.

I'm trying to hit what appears to be impossible goals! I know the scale is moving in the right direction - but not nearly as quickly as I would like. I'm going to do best best not to get on the scale again until Sunday - I have quote a weekend planned though for my birthday. :)