Weight Loss Support - 3fc 2008 Goals!
12-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Originally, I was going to make a thread for my W.O.W girls but decided to make one for all cause I wanna see what ya'll have planned for 2008. Some people make resolutions, some hate them but EVERYONE has GOALS! You can add on as they come to mind (I know I probably will).
My 2008 Goals:
* Learn to love myself.
* Take better care of myself and improve mentally, physically, and emotionally.
* Get at least 75% out of debt.
* Save money.
* Get back in school.
* Try at least twelve (12) new things.
* Smile everyday.
* Be a doer, not a wisher.
12-29-2007, 07:55 AM
JL those are great goals. Mine are similar, hope you don't mind.
* Take care of me as well as my husband and kids and make sure they know, everyday, how lucky I am to have them and how much I love them.
* Stick to my weight loss and exercise plan at least 6 days per week, by my 42nd birthday in June I will be at 120 if I can lose just over 5# per month. I made myself a promise last year that this is my last time to lose this weight, I am getting where I can by my birthday and I plan to learn to love myself, even if I get stuck at 140.
* Shrink from every double digit size I own, then donate them.
* Pay off my smaller credit card
* Takes classes for work, I cannot advance without a degree
* Finish the Couch to 5k, I want to run a sub 30 minute 5k
* Run the Distance Festival 10 mile race 4th of July weekend
12-29-2007, 12:57 PM
For 2008 my goals are the same and yet a bit more than just for January lol.
I should be at my goal of 120 by my birthday Nov 9th. That will be great. Will decide then if I need to lose more weight or not. Might just need to tone up who knows. I want to be able to do all of my 3 mile walking/aerobic videos. I also want to be able to do 3 sets of the resistance exercises that I do and be able to breath at the same time lol.
I am almost there is just going to take a bit more work and then I can do them and breath at the same time lol.
12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
yea! I have some goals I'd like to share...
*Finally put me first! My health, my needs... I need to focus more on me. Part of that includes keeping food and exercise journals.
*Start building the yoga practice that will be the foundation of my teacher training, hopefully to start in september.
*Eat right and exercise to feel better and have more energy, not only to lose weight. I've had a lot of aches and pains recently, and I know it's weight related.
12-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Ladies these are all great goals :)
Here's mine for 08:
Get healthier this year. I want babies soon, and I wanna give them a fighting chance.
Meet my goal weight of 150 lbs. Maybe less, but I'm just shooting for the goal weight right now. I'd like to be in the 170's by March. I'd really like to look halfway respectable in a swimsuit this summer. Not like we've got vacation plans but still.
Be better toned in 08. Goes along with the weight loss.
Complete the C25K this year. Maybe run a marathon at Thanksgiving.
Complete my weekly school work earlier in the week so I can spend my weekends for myself and my DH. It's hard writing paper after paper every weekend. If I can get it done earlier in the week I feel more accomplished.
Make A's in my classes. As much as I'm paying to go to this online private school, I need to make the most of it. I want to make sure I have A's in all my classes. I like the nice GPA :)
Be a better dancer.
Be much more organized with food and work and school. If I can organize and plan my meals and prepare everything the night before, I can get onto the treadmill in the morning before work. If I can do that, I can get ready faster, eat breakfast, and be out the door. The sooner I can get into work, the sooner I can get home, and get that extra half hour of relaxation time. I feel like I can accomplish more when I'm home that extra half hour earlier. That will definitely help when it comes to early completion of schoolwork.
I'm sure I'll think of others later on. But that's what I want to do for now.
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
OK, I'll chip in with mine...
* lose a bit more weight - 5 for sure, maybe 10, we'll see how I look after 5
* continue in my bid to put binge eating behind me for once and for all - it is so much better than it used to be, but still occasionally rears its ugly head
* visit my grandmothers (in nursing homes) more regularly
* continue cook more "whole food", stay away from processed/frozen stuff. I don't get the really fatty prepared stuff, but even the "healthy" frozen chicken souvlaki (and its ilk) is full of sodium, and it's so easy to pick it up for convenience.
* de-clutter my house (continue the campaign already in progress)
12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I hear you on the cooking Janie.....I need to do more of it. I figure with that extra bit of time I can actually feel better and want to cook more..
12-29-2007, 06:45 PM
*My 2008 Goals*
Hit my goal weight (150) and then some maybe.
Spend more time on my scrapbooking....lame huh.
Start running again once the snow and ice melts. I really enjoyed it actually and felt AWESOME when I was done with a good run.
Do my work out videos at least 3 days a week.
Feel confident in a swimsuit and take the girls to the pool more because of it.
Manage my money better. WAY better.
Take more time out each week for my hubby and I. Our relationship is much better when we do things alone every now and then. Even if we don't have money we can find something to do just the 2 of us.
These are the only ones I've been thinking about so far.
12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
My goals are:
Most my goals are weight loss related because that is honestly what I do.
-Reach my goal by Jan 1, 2009(that'd be 1.5 a week).
-Exercise 6/7 days a week
-Begin bellydance classes
-Learn to love myself more
-Tweak my eating habits to be the best they can be nutritionally
-Complete the C25k
-Do a better time walking(or maybe running?) the Reindeer Ramble 5 K walk/run(54.40)
-Be more organized
-Be more of a neat freak compared to clutter freak
-Complete more Anticraft patterns
12-29-2007, 07:05 PM
My goals for 2008 are to lose weight (169.9lbs), make As in all my classes when I get back to school.
12-29-2007, 07:10 PM
In 2008, I am making a plans,
:)BEGIN: 400 minutes a month workout for January.
:)LOSS: 5 lbs a month (jan, feb, march, april, may) Then I will be 'overweight' by my birthday, JUNE 1st. (counting calories)
:)COOK: Cooking healthy dinners at home, oatmeal for breakfast, and eating salads once a day (shopping on sundays for good foods)
.....OH YEAH and study my butt off to get my broker's licence
12-30-2007, 03:05 PM
1. Get down to 150 pounds, no more excuses or quitting! Hopefully by June/July
2. Work on being greatful for what I have and not focusing on what I don't have.
3. Loving on my kids more, fighting less and enjoying the moment before they're gone all day long at school.
4. Strength training 3 times a week, running or walking on an incline 4 times a week.
5. Getting organized in all aspects of my life.
12-30-2007, 03:57 PM
...work on being healthy/exercise/lose weight
...live every day to the fullest
12-30-2007, 04:13 PM
-Pay off atleast one of my credit cards
-Go to cliniclas and not chicken out like you did this semester
-Be more active
-Eat right, less junk
-Waste less money, work on getting out of debt
12-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I'll share too.
1. Be running 5k by July.
2. Enroll in school as soon as residency is established.
3. Get into the dating game... seriously its been too long!
4. Save enough moolah for a holiday in Scotland.
5. Have a "tight jeans" worthy backside
2008 is going to be the best year ever. I just know it!
12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
1. Get in shape. - For me. - Also because I want to go Tree Planting this summer I need to be in shape.
2. Go Tree Planting. Yes go and be tough and dirty and disgusting for at least 2 months of this year. :D I hear it's the worst summer job ever... but BIG $$.
3. Eat healthier. I want normal eating habits. Plus eat less sugar and less fat. More veggies/fruits and proteins.
12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
1. Get down to 190...and not be obese for the first time in 7 or so years.
2. Eat healthier...easier said than done for me.
3. Say I'll only have one Mountain Dew a day and mean it. Kinda goes along with the healthier eating thing but still...
4. Quit "social smoking" because it's harmful, even every now and then.
5. Treat myself...get my hair done for the first time in years...get my nails done...front like I'm girly lol.
6. Improve my grades. I have a 2.0 now, I want a 3.0 next semester.
7. Get more sleep.
8. Stop being jealous of what I can't have.
There should be more lol.
I'm new & hope you don't mind me posting here:o
my goals are the same as alot of what has been mentioned
1. Continue to be smoke-free It's 3yrs for me on Jan 3rd:carrot:
2. Get active,walks with my family,sledding just getting outside
3. Cooking healthy
4. Get back on track with ww points system
5. Organize our house
6. Keep paying down our credit & saving for a rainy day
Wishing everyone the best in 2008:D
12-31-2007, 12:16 AM
1. Worry less about others opinon of me and more about my opinion of myself.
2. Stop letting food/cravings control my life -- prioritize!!!
3. Spend more time being active with my kids.
4. Stop letting my husband's disappointment in my weight gain control my behavior.
5. Do more of the things I love to do and less of the things I have to do!!
6. Get out and do more instead of hiding out at home!! Get involved in everything I want to!!
7. Spend more time getting support here and less time looking for "comfort in the cabinets"!!!
:celebrate:Happy New Year 3FC!!! :celebrate:
May the problems of last year pass with the end of the year and may 2008 bring you more happiness than you know what to do with!! :D
12-31-2007, 06:47 AM
GREAT GOALS everyone!
And :welcome3: to 3FC Jaan!
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow...those are some awesome New Years Resolutions....And every new member is welcome to post anywhere. Welcome Jaan!!!! And may i say, Lynsdeylikes2lose...scrapbooking is not lame!! I used to scrapbook my favorite soap couples and storylines for a long time....that may be lame but i don't care. If it made me happy....then it made me happy!!
My 2008 goals....
1) cook more healthy for me and my kids.
2) make it to my ultimate goal of 120.
3) hire that personal trainer in february to start the "toning up" process.
4) pay as much in advance as i can on my yearly bills
5) get caught up in my house payment and car payment
6) don't bounce one single check in 2008!!!!
7) maybe even save up some money this year.
8) buy a savings bond so i can't spend my christmas money until November of 2008!!
9) de-clutter my house and get more organized.
10) be bikini ready by may!!
If i think of more that are not weightloss related...i'll post again. But that's all i got for now.
12-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Scrapbooking isn't lame...it's not my favorite thing to do but it's not lame :)
12-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Mine are similar to lots of you guys', especially the eating better/weightloss thing, obviously (says duh to self, lol).
1. I refuse to live bounded by my own fears or to settle for less than what I deserve
2. I plan to try many of the new things I've desired to pursue for so long
3. I plan to mingle, mingle, mingle, and mingle some more with the fellas.
4. I would like to reach my goal by my birthday.
5. I second bumble on the backside thing, my butt is slowly getting bigger and rounder, in a good way of course.
6. Most importantly, I want to live in the moment and enjoy it, and stop focusing on the future ALL the time.
12-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Finally kick it in gear and lose that last 10 pounds. I'm thinking of even lowering my goal another 5 to 130 pounds.
Saving up some money.
Finally getting that trip in to visit the in-laws that we seem to never get around to.
Finishing a few of my home projects I've been wanting to get done.
Be the best mom I can be.
12-31-2007, 03:38 PM
continue the exercise & eating habits (moderation) I've developed
pay down some debt
jog the Corporate Challenge (I walked it this year)
try different classes at the gym (pilates, yoga, etc) to vary it up from the usual cardio/weights stuff
12-31-2007, 04:38 PM
My goals are simple. I think if I give myself simple goals, I might actually achieve them.
1. Take a multi-vitamen every day.
2. Get up every morning, wash my hair, and put my shoes on.
3. Go for a walk every day. Make it a priority, even if I have a lot of work to do.
4. Eat vegetables every day. Even if I cheated and feel like I can't possibly eat another thing today, eat the danged vegetables.
My goals for JANUARY ONLY are:
1. Keep a food diary. Write down everything I eat.
12-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Is that analytical geometry? :)
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
It's a slerp.
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
My goals for 2008 are:
1) Work out 3 times a week (or more) consistently
2) Eat healthier
3) Drink less alcohol
4) Get my finances in better shape
5) Be happy and content with my life & if I'm not, make necessary changes so that I am
12-31-2007, 05:52 PM
I want to have lost 40 lbs by 19january, the one year anniversary of my journey.
Continue the good eating habits that I have established over this last year.
Continue getting a little exercise, with the goal of getting "a little more exercise" in 2008.
Lose 10 more pounds by Jan 2009
Decluttering continues to be a part of my life, and probably always will be! So, I would like to continue what few good habits I have acquired along those lines.
Stay off of eBay, out of Mervyn's, away from McDonald's etc? :lol:
01-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh I'm new here but I need to get mygoals set! I do so muchbetter when I do that and you girls inspired me to get a *real* list together....so here goes!!
- Get back to 150 where I feel *hot* again.
- Start running/jogging/walking again. I felt so good when I did that before.
- STOP LATE NIGHT EATTING!!! Its my worst downfall.
- Make myself sleep. I have a BAD habit of working all the live-long day, and night - sleep does factor in stress and weight loss!!
- Reach my goal by our July vacation dates!
- Start saving $$$ for our vacation as well!
- Finish up paying of four debt, we have been working so hard this is finally the year it will be all finished up! YEA!
- Be the best mommy I can for my 2 little guys.
- Be the best Christain I can, for countless reasons.
- Just focus on the positives, life is a gift
01-01-2008, 09:26 PM
This thread is stumping me - I don't make New Year's resolutions, because I never keep them, so I have no idea how to make a goal (except for weight loss, because that's what I'm so focused on right now).
So, here's what I'm thinking, and I reserve the right to edit! :)
1. Complete the c25k this spring, and run semi-regularly (at least weekly) after that.
2. Re-do the wardrobe, so that even if I am not my "ideal" weight, I still look put together and good.
3. Continue working on my diet to incorporate more veggies and fruits and whole foods.
4. Have an ultimate goal of wearing a size 8 by the end of the year.
5. Not be afraid of new things all the time.
There you go! Now, let's get moving!
01-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I tell you what, I would not know what to do if I wore a size 8. I've never even considered being smaller than a 12.
01-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Lol, HT - I fully intend to be the beneficiary of "vanity sizing." :) About 3 years ago I lost about 20 pounds and was comfortable wearing a size 12 in Old Navy jeans. I think if I get down to 140 I could be a size 10 or so, and from there it would be nice to try and get into an 8.
This could all be a pipe dream (get it, fellow WEED-ers?) but I want to try. I've been overweight my ENTIRE life, not an exaggeration, so it would be beyond amazing to be in a single digit size.
01-02-2008, 12:10 AM
LMAO "pipe" dream ROFLMAO
I hear you there. Been fluffy since i was about 8 years old. I remember being in jr high wishing I could wear the cool size 11 jeans my mom had. She's only 15 years older than me, so she still had cool stuff to wear. Matter of fact she still does. Anyway, I have like 2 pairs of what looks to be size 14 overalls. I love denim overalls. One pair is a GAP pair....i bought the first pair when I could barely fit into them many years ago, and the other pair i bought at the thrift store. I have jeans i want to wear, I just want to wear the jeans I have. *sighs* I hope I can do this soon. I bought this great pair of jeans at the same thrift store that laced up the side to the knee. When I was at my lowest on Atkins, 177 lbs.....they started to feel like they were gonna fall off my hips. they are low waisted anyway, and I was hoping that soon I could buy a belt to wear with them. Sad how 25 lbs changes everything. I won't wear them until I drop a good 10 or 15 lbs. Then I'll feel comfy in them again. Even when I lose the weight though, I'm gonna alter them so they fit...i love these jeans LOL
01-02-2008, 12:21 AM
* Lose weight/become healthier
* Learn to play an instrument (my boyfriend plays a bunch of them, but mostly drums and guitar - I'd like to learn one of those PLUS I think it looks cool when a girl can drum! haha)
* Get more on top of my finances (I have about $40,000 worth of school loans that I'm paying off) and try to put more towards savings
* Spend more time with my family
* Make more food rather than eat out (which would also help with the finances, I suppose)
* And lastly, I'd like to get my ears pierced sometime in 2008. I have my left cartilage pierced but never got my lobes pierced!
2008 finds me even closer to age 50 . . . my overall goal is to stop negative behaviors and to be more even keeled - will try to that by gradually changing my mindset/outlook:
*put me & my health first*
*stop procrastinating when it comes to me & my health*
*focus on losing the "all or nothing" attitude* - small changes add up auddie!
01-04-2008, 05:24 PM
you go girls!
I was sure I did this already lol but here goes
My goals for 2008 are:
1. To lose 42lbs and stay that way.
2. To get through this 2nd semester of uni (and then hopefully the 1st semester of year 2!)
3. To do more things with the family.
4. Be grateful for what Ive have.
01-05-2008, 09:21 AM
*Get up every weekday half an hour earlier and use the gym in my apartment complex (so far I'm sticking to it!)
*Sign up for a dance class at the dance studio down the street
My "wishlist" goals that may have to wait until next year:
*Join a community theater group again, after having taken over a year off to focus on my career
*Get a personal trainer
01-05-2008, 09:33 AM
1. Finish the diet once and for all so i don't have to still be doing it next year.
2. Learn how to relax and unwind.
01-05-2008, 09:49 AM
My 2008 Goals
1) The big thing is to be at 130 at this time of the year next year so my back and whole body in general feels better and I know I have to keep organized in order for me to stay on track-ex: doing a daily routine such as fixing my lunch for work and working out before I go to work otherwise when I get back home from work I'm too tired and it won't get done and etc..
2) Pay off debt
3) start saving money
4) go back to school full time so I won't be 40 by the time I'm done with my master's
01-05-2008, 04:13 PM
great goals ladies...
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
My goals for 2008 include:
Staying focused on eating health meals, and exercising 3 or more days a week.
Loving life NOW, not waiting until...
01-06-2008, 07:43 AM
All the goals I've seen are all inspirational but more importantly they're achieveable... especially with us lot pushing each other!
My goals are as follows:
1. Strengthen my faith and make sure I perfect and do all religious obligations required.
2. Try and eat three meals a day!!!
3. Try and eat more fruits and vegetables... but more especially fruits!
4. Carry on doing half an hour brisk walk a day but also join a gym and start off doing at least one session a week minimum!
5. Try and force myself to sleep - WITHOUT - sleeping medication!
6. Celebrate for every 10 pounds lost! (maybe I'll buy clothes yay lol)
Thanks guys oh and girls :P !!!
01-06-2008, 09:26 AM
*Get into a size 4
*Take summer classes to get ahead in school
*Figure out what career I'd like to pursuit
*Clear up some of the family drama
*Take advanced PE Junior year
01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
We all seem to have similar goals...it's good to not feel so alone in my struggles! I've had such a hard time in the weightloss arena this past year, I'm going to keep my goals simple:
1. stay away from buffets
2. track my food every day even when I eat poorly
3. don't buy bags of chips on a whim and then kick myself in the :censored: for it and wonder why, after I eat the whole bag
4. eat healthier: 3 healthy meals a day plus a snack or two
5. only use the credit cards in emergency situations
01-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Wow...a goal of a size 4!! That's fantastic! I can't even imagine being in an 8 :) Good luck!!!!!!!!
01-06-2008, 11:13 PM
My goals are,
1- eat clean 6 out fo 7days a week, including a protein with every snack and meal
2- exercise 5-6 days per week, including the days I work. This will include weight training every other day.
3- journal and be accountable for how I am feeling and what is going into my mouth.;)
4- stay ontrack with school and not get to stressed.
5- pay off my credit card by 2008.
6- save for family acation to carriabean Xmas 2008.
I think that's it but there is always room for improvement in life.
01-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Great goals everyone!
01-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Great goals, everyone! I read all 4 pages :)
Here are a few of mine:
Journal atleast 4 things that I'm thankful for every day.
Eat less empty calories, especially sugar.
Keep a food journal - write down everything that I eat.
Don't drink alone, and don't drink on weekdays unless for a special occasion. Have fewer drinks and enjoy them more.
Build a new, better wardrobe.
Get the bingeing out of my life.
We will do this! Cheers to 2008 :cool:
01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
My turn , my turn..................
My goals are:
Lose a minimum of 50 lbs (my long term goal is 80)
Get more organized (clutter drives me crazy!)
Treat myself more to pedicures, manicures, new things in general
Not only lose the weight but become more healthy
Venture out and try new colors and styles with my new figure!! ;)
01-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Hmm.. this is an interesting thread!
1) Pay my credit card bill
2) De-stress a bit
3) exercise more
4) Survive my first year of dental school!
5) Lower my body fat percentage by 5%
Hmm, does that sound ambitious?
01-30-2008, 12:58 AM
*Loose weight (this is kinda obvious) and mantain.
*Better grades at school.
*Try new things.
*Take guitar lessons
*Wear prettier (and smaller!) clothes
*Improve my photographic skills
*Take painting classes
01-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Good Luck everyone!
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I have goals of course, but I just want to tell Shari thanks for the sexy chicky. I'm so printing that out and putting it on my TM!!!
01-31-2008, 04:19 AM
No problem. :)
01-31-2008, 06:19 AM
My 2008 goal is to lose as much weight as I can for my birthday in May. Kind of like a gift to myself. I started my weight loss goal in May of 2007, and have lost 50 pounds so far.
Hopefully, I'll have lost 65 pounds by the end of May 2008, but any amount is good. I don't want to pressure myself into a set number, because that makes this journey stressful, and I don't want that. This year has been about learning who I am, and who I want to be.
06-28-2008, 05:55 PM
HI...great goals everyone! I will write mine in soon. I seen some write in about debt. Go to Daveramsey.com I have his book, total money makeover. It has been a tremendous help to me.
Oh and I loss 2 more pounds. I started dieting 3 weeks ago. So I loss a total of 6 pounds all together.