Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #1  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Talking Night-time noshing no more!

One of the things that I have read consistently is that keeping your hands busy will keep you from eating. Well, duh.

The problem for me has been finding what do to. My mom has done well with her "Knit, not nibble" program. After 7, she knits. No snacking. I cannot knit well. It would frustrate me right into needing something crunchy....and salty...and potato-based.

I tried blogging, but I just don't have two hours a day worth of interesting things to say.

I have found my answer:

Puzzles, not pigging.

I got three new jigsaw puzzles, a jigsaw puzzle mat to keep my little people away from my progress and I start tonight.

I would love to hear what everyone else is doing to keep their hands out of the chip bag.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Iīve also tried to find something that motivates me and keeps me away from temptations.. I havenīt been succesful though, maybe Iīll try with the puzzles too!

Iīll tell you how that goes!

Ahhh cooking makes time fly for me, but I canīt cook everyday cause thereīs no one to eat it all lol! I made loads of ginger cookies (I didnīt eat any of them) but everybody hereīs almost sick with the cookies jaja
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb

So far, my best ideas are...

Journaling. You're right, it's not going to take a whole two hours...but I know that writing things out is going to help me a lot.

Moisture mitts. My hands are so awfully dry...and once I put the lotion on and the gloves are on, I can't eat...two birds with one stone

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's answers!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I enjoy counted-cross stitch - impossible to eat while you're doing that, but less technically demanding than knitting. If you can count, you can cross-stitch. Unfortunately, my favourite evening activity is reading, which lends itself quite well to night-time nibbling.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I like to scrapbook so I could do Scrapping not Snacking. LOL! I don't have a problem late night snacking though. It's the snacks at work that kill me! And the soda!

Great ideas though girls!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #6  
active kids, active mom

Obviously, by my name, I knit like crazy. I do it both when I want to eat and when I want to yell at the kids.

Now if I could just do it while driving to curb the driving munchies...
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote