Old 12-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #1  

Default CygnetC I have a food question

I have just come back from THE BEST vet's (in the world!!!) office. It seems my baby is a special needs baby. Our vet told me that although they do not do the intestinal biopsy, he has what amounts to celiac sprue. So now he's off of anything that has wheat, soy, dairy, or corn.

I'm looking for recipes for treats that are gluten free and pretty much everything else free. I am currently dehydrating sweet potatoes (they have these as treats at the office) and banana chips (both totally fine for him). But what I really need is a recipe for "cookies" which is what we call his dog treats. Something I could bake up and keep on hand for him. We will be putting him on an organic diet and he will be taking supplements like fish oil, Er Yang, culterelle (pro-biotics) and he's going to be taking an antihistimine for a little bit to help with his ears. All this food allergy has taken a toll on his body in the form of horrible yeast infections in his ear. One ear is ulcerated (man I feel like a horrible mommy!) We've been to so many doctors for this, and she seems the first one who wants to treat this wholistically (sp?) and actually sat with us and LISTENED to us and what we see, smell, hear, feel when he has a "spell". She did not come in, look in his ears and just prescribe us meds and walk out she sat, talked, and bonded with the dog. (Can we say BUTT RUBB!)

So if you have any recipes or links to recipes I'd certainly appreciate it!

Last edited by 1hothockeymom; 12-28-2007 at 03:12 PM.
1hothockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Wheat free salmon biscuits:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/R...dog.htm#Salmon
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Dehydrated or dried liver is a good treat - given in moderation! Too much can cause the runs If you have a dehydrator you can make your own, or you can do it in an oven on low (275ish). Dried fish are also good treats, but a lot of dogs don't like fish...

BP
bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166/160/140

Height: 5'4"

You can get the dried liver and dried fish treats at most pet stores -- especially the fancy "boutique" type shops. The fish treats may be packaged and sold for cats, but my dogs LOVE them! --Sue
threegreygirls is offline   Reply With Quote