Old 12-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/173/148

Height: 5'7"

Default Holiday Success

Christmas Day went well for me, as I feel I made good eating decisions. I ate very little high fat/high calorie foods, and still managed to be full. I also baked two low fat/lower calorie pies to take to our party. Everyone thought they tasted very good, I didn’t tell them it was healthier for them than the store bought pies we usually eat. There was no butter or milk products, the crust was made with graham crackers, and one pie had no added sugar. I’ll have to calculate the total amount of fat/calories per slice but I know they were a lot less than anything you can purchase pre-made. I’m also happy to report that I was able to stay on track with my exercising all week, not missing a day! I even managed to burn some calories Christmas day with my 14 year old niece. She received a Nintendo Wii for Christmas and we played the sports package (baseball, tennis, bowling, & golf) for about an hour. It’s a pretty physical system, I woke up with my right arm shore and my leg muscles were stiff. My husband bought me the Dance Dance Revolution 2 for XBOX 360. It was such a thoughtful gift, as it will encourage me to burn more calories by playing. He’s doing such a great job in supporting me with my weight loss, even though he never saw me as fat/overweight. We also purchased an early Christmas present for ourselves November 4th, we bought a total gym from Sears and I love it. Once my ankle fully heals I’ll be able to use my new DDR and start strength training my lower body again. I never thought I’d be so excited about exercising! I hope everyone had a great holiday.

-Samantha
Samybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like you had a good time. Congrats on all the exercising goodies...that was nice!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote