100 lb. Club - My Valentine Contest!!

View Full Version : My Valentine Contest!!

RitzyFritz
12-26-2007, 12:36 AM
So, Christmas has passed and the New Year is quickly approaching. This means that Valentine's Day is only 7 weeks away. After the fun we had with the Christmas Gift Contest, I thought it would be fun to do another short-term contest, aiming for the loss of a pound a week between now and Valentine's Day.

How about it? Anyone else want to join in on the fun? I certainly enjoyed the Christmas contest and hope you will join me in this one as well. Week by week we are getting to goal. Just think, we will soon be where we have only dreamed of being for years. :goodscale:

:chockiss: :chockiss: :val1: :chockiss: :chockiss: :val1: :chockiss: :chockiss: :val1: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :val1: :chockiss: :chockiss: :val1: :chockiss: :chockiss: :val1: :chockiss: :chockiss:

kasmin
12-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Although I'm not yet finished my dec 31st goal, I'm going to hop on board this one. I was wondering what goal to set next;) Thanks for stepping in, Ritzy:D:D Now my weight 2 days ago (well, pre 2 day Christmas binge:o) was 236. I'll say then that my valentines days goal will be 229!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Ritzy, I was hoping you'd do this! You're such an awesome cheerleader for us and your support and motivation is priceless!

I'm not sure what my weight is as of today. I've been too afraid to get on the scales for the last week as I'm sure they are up quite a few pounds. But, I plan on getting on them tomorrow and I'll post my Valentine's goal then.

Schmoodle
12-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm in! 7 more lbs. will put me at 190, which I can hardly believe. If I can do a little more, then I would be in the 80's gasp!
The Christmas challenge was such a great motivator, I hope this one works as well...
Thanks Ritzy!

Tonia
12-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Count me in!

But, as I am just getting back on program I am going to make my goal 20 pounds by then. ;)

Thanks for the inspiratioin! :hug:

gina1221
12-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Ritzy - Thanks for putting this together. You did a GREAT job at cheerleading us through the Christmas challenge.

Count me in. My next weigh in is on Saturday so I will start from there and will plan to loss 10 lbs by Valentine's.

remydey
12-26-2007, 02:03 PM
My goal will be to lose 1 stone by then ( 14 lbs).. i havnt been watching what i eat for a few weeks now.. fell off the wagon big time.. so this will hopefully help me get off my tail and do what i know i need to do:)
great timing

RitzyFritz
12-26-2007, 02:06 PM
WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy to have you join the fun. ;) Thanks for your very kind words as well. Wasn't the Christmas contest fun? I thought everyone did great, especially considering it is a tough time of year to stick to a plan with all the foods that we get bombarded with.

I just know that we will all be much further down the road on Valentine's Day! We will be able to have such a sweet time with our Valentine!

We can and will do this!! Let's go! :-)

Trazey34
12-26-2007, 02:10 PM
yah count me in! these are fun little motivators that keep me "remembering" to do a little extra each day :)

I'll pledge 10 pounds off the back forty by Valentine's!

Rosemund
12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I'd love to join! That would put me at 193. (190 would be even better, but we'll see how I do.)

quyana21
12-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I love to join also, with a goal of 14 pounds lost. Good luck everybody!

RitzyFritz
12-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Excellent!!! So glad to have you all join in! I'm anxious to see how we do. I know we will do GREAT. :hug:

jellybelly06
12-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I am totally in again! The Christmas challenge helped a lot. I will go for 7 lbs in 7 weeks. That would put me veeerrrrrrryyyyy close to goal! Here's to loving a lot "less" of us on Valentine's day. Good luck everyone! Jelly

Purplefirefly
12-26-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm in this time! I my goal is 10 lbs. which will put me 1 lb. below where I gave up and went off track last time I tried this! I am determined to pass that point and NOT quit this time around...no matter how scary it is.

xtrisaratops
12-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm totally in!

I really don't want to step on the scales, but I'll suck it up and do it on Friday, which is my normal weigh-in day. I really got off-track this holiday season, and I'm ready to get back to where I was before.

7 pounds by then would be great; 10 would be even better, but 7 seems like a reasonable goal to me.

okiechick
12-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I would like to join too. I was on this site forever ago and have since sent the scale in the wrong direction. I am back and would love the support and to be support for others. This competition is exactly what I need to get moving now instead of waiting until the first. I will post my weight as soon as I weigh in the morning. Ugh, really NOT looking forward to it. I think I will also make my goal 10 lbs since I haven't been drinking my water and I am sure the first few pounds will be that water weight. I hope to loose, no.... I WILL lose 7 lbs of fat by valentines.

I wish us all healthy choices and determination!

jay41
12-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey...I've never done this before -- I'm in! This seems like a great way to stay on track!

RitzyFritz
12-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! I'm so thrilled to have each of you join in!! I'm getting excited about what progress we will see in the coming weeks.

Don't let any holiday slip-ups bring you down....we can regain any lost ground now that the holidays are behind us. Just get in the game, and watch yourself win. :-)

Go, 3FCs, go!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Beverlyjoy
12-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I'd like to join in. Seven pounds in seven weeks. However, I won't weigh until next Wednesday.

Most importantly - I want to plan my food, drink lots of water, get stretching and movement into my regimine, and meditate, too.

If I can lose these seven pounds...I will be securely into the two teens. That would be GREAT.

Thanks!

BAILYBOO
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone I would also like to join in .My goal will be 7 pounds :)

RitzyFritz
12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Welcome, Beverlyjoy and BAILYBOO!!! So glad to have you join us. Won't this be fun? ;) We are going to get this weight off yet. :cheer: GO, team, go!! ;)

Daimere
12-27-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm in. I want to loose...12 pounds which is 1.7 pounds. It'd get me below my next goal. I'm trying to get back on track so, I'm pushing harder!

RitzyFritz
12-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Glad to have you join us, Daimere! You will get there...I just know it! :)

Tonia
12-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Well...not off to a great start ~ sigh ~ but not ready to give up yet!

gumboot
12-28-2007, 12:55 AM
I would love to join in! I am thinking 14 pounds for Febuary 14th :)

gumboot
12-28-2007, 12:57 AM
PS- I was not following the Christmas contest. What are the "rules" ???

xtrisaratops
12-28-2007, 01:27 AM
As far as I know, there aren't any rules.

I think we're just supposed to set our goals, and support each other in getting there. I had joined the Christmas challenge originally, but I never followed through with it; I won't make excuses for that, except that I just didn't do it, and I regret it greatly.

I think the idea is to just check into this thread regularly and give and get support from all of these other wonderful ladies.

gumboot
12-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the 411!

purplecrush
12-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Id love to join this as well. I always do better doing a challenge. Ive been on here off and on for a few years now. It helps having friends to come talk to when your having a good or bad day!

So im sticking around this time(I know ive said that before) but this is ridiculous! Ive gained back SO much weight since last year..it just makes me sick...so im in it for the long run this time. The only thing stopping me , is the lazy me, and im kicking her to the curb and taking my life back!!

So I want to lose 14 lbs by Valentines day, drink more water and exercise again. Ill have to set up my tickers and stuff when I weigh myself tomorrow.

Kriss
12-28-2007, 04:03 AM
;) Hi I'm Kriss, I would like to join the challenge! I have exactly 100 lbs to lose. But to lose 1 pound a week till valentines day would be so incredible! Plus really love Valentines day so what a great confindence boost.:carrot: I have not figured out how ro get my ticker thingy up but I will post my weight loss. I am calorie counting. It is amazing to think how many calories I must have been eating to reach this weight. Has anyone lost an amount like I am aiming for here and had alot of loose skin? I am not so worried about my stomach ... After 3 c sections and 220lbs its a given I'm gonna have loose skin there. I am more concerned about my upper arms and my face. I do not have access to a gym so It will have to be walking, running, swimming stuff like that. Have a great day!!!:hug: i think this site rocks and so do you all for the support you lend. :dust::running::exercise::val1:Kriss

math puppy
12-28-2007, 04:28 AM
next stop 261!

hurray!

RitzyFritz
12-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Gumboot: Sara is right - there are no rules except the ones you make for yourself. We just have these little contests to make it a little more fun and challenging (I mean who wants to let her 3FC friends down? :lol: ) on our weight loss journey. I just suggested 1 pound a week, but by all means please set a goal you feel most comfortable with! It was so encouraging to see others lose in the Christmas Gift challenge, and I know it will be the same with our Valentine's Day challenge as well.

Randee: You definitely will get the support you need here at 3FC! This is what I give 95% credit to for the weight I have lost so far. It is incredible the support you get here. I'm anxious to see how we do in our Valentine's Day challenge. :)

Kriss: The loose skin is definitely a problem for me after losing 77 lbs. I know I have seen this topic addressed in the forum before, and I'm definitely no expert myself. The upper arms and thighs are huge problem areas for me in this regard. My face hasn't really been as much of an issue. However, I'm sure there are others who can give better advice about this. No matter how the skin is after the fact, loosing the weight is definitely worth any nuisance the skin might be when our weight is back to a healthy level. ;)

math puppy: So glad to have you join us!!

WELCOME to each and every one of you!!! I'm thrilled to have you all join in the VALENTINE'S DAY CHALLENGE! I so enjoy it when everyone comes back to these threads and posts their success and setbacks as well as offer encouragement to their fellow 3FCs. I encourage you to do this, as there is motivation for yourself in that act alone. It sort of helps keep the reminder in the front of your mind instead of letting life and all the hectic things that come with it shove it to the back of our minds.

We are going to do it!!! Let's go, chickies!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

jellybelly06
12-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I am very pleased to announce I have lost my first lb in the V day challenge! I am surprized by it, after the damage I did at Christmas, but I will take it!! Jelly

quyana21
12-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Grats Jelly! I am happy to say that I finally dusted off the exercise bike and rode for 20 minutes today. :) I hope this isn't a one time occurance. I'm very good at biking for a day and taking a month off...

KrisR
12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Count me in too! I weigh on Monday, 12/31/07. From that weight, I'd like to drop 10 pounds by V-day, but would be happy with 7!

RitzyFritz
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
WOW, Jelly!! That is wonderful! Keep up the great work! With that kind of success, you will surpass your Valentine's Day goal! I'm proud of you!

Guana21, that is wonderful! I'm sure you will have may more riding days between now and Valentine's Day, and this will definitely help propel you to your goal. Great going!!

Welcome, KrisR! I'm thrilled you are joining us. We want to make this a fun aspect of the weight loss journey, and I know you will be an inspiration to us all as well.

denialisnthappiness
12-28-2007, 06:16 PM
you know what I think i'm in too.

I dilly dally'd in the christmas target thread and didn't stick to it... stopped weighing myself, stopped checking in here... basically went down the denial route again.

Today was day one (although I remember posting that a week or so ago ho hum!). Managed to avoid all the junk food - just gotta keep remembering one day at a time is doable... thinking 'lifetime' freaks me out right now.

I pledge to get back down to my lowest ever which is 159lbs by valentines. I think that's about a stone away

Kriss
12-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Hooray!!! yay Jellybelly! You are on your way. is'nt that just too exciting. You know once you start on that loosing jag it is very good for your motivation! guyana good for you on the bike. !!! this si mmy prob is exercising. I can be incredibly lazy. It is really hard to admit this stuff. I still dont have a scale. I hope to be getting one by the 10th. You may be wondering ... why did I join this challenge if I cannot weigh in daily! well it keeps me focused I really need motivation at this begining stage. have a great day all of you. Cant wait to post my weight soon. Kriss

remydey
12-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Started my journey today.. both longterm as well as the V day one... drank my coffee with splenda(not my usual 3tsp of sugar), and i have already drank half a liter of water(not my usual coke or pepsi).. im feeling really good about this and my confidence lvl is high.. lets hope it stays that way lol.. im going to have hubby take some 'before' pics of me when he wakes up .. like most overweight people i dont have many pics of myself.. and when i do reach goal, im gonna wanna see the difference:D
good luck on this contest everyone... We can do it:hug:

gina1221
12-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Congrats Jelly... you are already on your way.

I had my weigh-in this morning, so I'm starting the V-day challenge at 267 with plans to be 10 lbs lighter by Feb 14th... my ticker is all setup and I'm ready!

Best wishes everyone for a successful challenge!!

dcapulet
12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
7 lbs in 7 weeks sounds awesome. Count me in. V-day is also around b-day time for me. :love:

xJox
12-29-2007, 05:08 PM
IM IN!!! I signed up for the Christmas one, and did lose the weight, but didnt post enough on the thread because I was doing the biggest loser one at the same time. Ill be doing TBL this time too, BUT Im gonna try to post here too. I def think I can lose 7 lbs by Valentines day. YAY! Lets do this. My weight is 244.8 today.

AuntChuChu
12-29-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/cartoonfish01/lb/290/150/292/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
I am in and pledge 7 # by Feb.14.

Kriss
12-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Hey, this is Kriss. I am already in but wanted to say Hi! I have nothing to post weight wise cause my scale is dead. It will be another 10 days before I get a new one. Thats ok! I am on plan. Feeling good. Hope you are all too. I pledge at least 7lbs by Feb 14th. Have a wonderful day! Kriss

denialisnthappiness
12-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Well that's it.

I now 'own' my regain - ticker updated, 100lbs lost piccie taken down, exactly on plan friday, out at relatives yesterday so bad food choices but total calorie count not too bad, not great choices today but total calorie count again not bad just avoiding the snacking temptation tonight (keep chanting 'i'm not hungry'). Back in work tomorrow (thank god), new years day and then plodding along again (and gym is back open hurrah!)

Little steps. 15lbs by 14.2.08 << actually it is 17lbs! argh

Miss Casey
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Count me in! I'd like to lose 10 pounds by Valentines Day.

althepirate
12-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm going for 14 lbs in 7 weeks. Completely count me in!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
:cheer: I weighed for this week - 219 - so, I am ready!

Goddess Jessica
01-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm in for a flat 10 pounds.

Current Weight
Your weight is 238.5 lb as of 01/01/2008.

Weight Goal
Your goal is to weigh 228.5 lb by 02/14/2008

Goal Progress
You are currently 10 lb above the target weight.
To meet your goal you need to lose about 1.59 lb per week.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Okay, so I finally got on the scales and faced reality. I've updated my ticker. Even though I still have a house full of company (and loving every minute of it!) and there is still tons of junk around here, I'm trying to get started again. I've set a very big goal of 20 pounds by Valentine's Day. Yep, its a biggie, but I'd like to try. I won't be terribly disappointed if I don't reach the full 20. I'd settle for 19 1/2.....:rofl:

MorticiaAddams
01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm totally in this one to.
Valentines is my wedding anniversary so I'm on board.
I want to lose 12 pounds by then. :val2:

dandk0204
01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Okay I'm in....I'm going for 19 pounds, that will put me in the 200's again and I know I can do it!

famograham
01-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm going to start small and see how I do!
Since I'm a week late in starting, I'm setting my goal to be 6 pounds in 6 weeks.

I'll be happy if I make it :yes:

:hug:
Linda

valpal23
01-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I doubled the '15 by the 31st' goal and was 7 pounds shy... but I need to commit a date to the rest of the weight so I have a deadline. It'll be even more rewarding to officially pass by 20% of my original body weight being gone :) I'm in for 7!

gumboot
01-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm down 2 lbs this week. 12 more to go!

amandaxx
01-03-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm in, except i'm aiming for 15 pounds by valentines day. (20 by end of feb)

I know I can do it =)

RoyalAthena
01-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Ok, count me in! I want to weigh 214 by 2/14. Kinda cleaver, huh?? :dizzy:

I wont be weighing in until Saturday, so honestly I dont know where my ticker is. I'm a little nervous :o.

Oh well, we can do this! I am going to check in and be held accountable. I started the Christmas Challenge and didnt stick with it. A lot has been going on and I just havent been coming to the site or even journaling myh food. Well, I'm going to start fresh!

Thanks for the incentive!!

Purplefirefly
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
:woohoo: YAY on 2 lbs. Gumboot! Great start to the new year.

RitzyFritz
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm TOTALLY THRILLED at the participation and the very motivated-sounding people who are pumped up about meeting their goals on Valentine's Day!!! :cheer: I have to admit, it has been very crazy around here and I haven't been able to get to the computer to post like I want to, but everything is settling back down to a manageable schedule so I should be able to post a little more than I have been.

You know, these contests are only for fun and they certainly are not for pressure - but I personally think it is motivating to know I'm working with a group of folks "somewhere out there" (people whom I have not personally met but yet I have so much in common with!) who have the same goal in mind - to get to a healthy weight.

I'm SO GLAD for each of you who have joined in on the VD contest, and let's keep this FUN! We need to add fun on the journey to eliminate (or at least reduce) the chance for burnout and/or discouragement.

We DEFINITELY can do this!! I have watched many of you make astounding acheivements, and so I KNOW you have what it takes to do this. I'm definitely cheering for each and every one of you!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Come on Valentine's Day! We will be ready for you!

Turtle Mommy
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I would like to join too! My goal is 10 lb!

famograham
01-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I love it!!! VD contest...:lol:

:rofl:

RitzyFritz
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I love it!!! VD contest...:lol:

:rofl:

Let me in on the joke!! I wanna laugh too!! :lol:

gumboot
01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Okay,so I won't count the 2lb loss in the contest. I will start with my weigh in next week. I jumped the gun a little :) But I am still happy about the loss!

Woot Woot!

quyana21
01-03-2008, 07:52 PM
gumboot: Great job on the 2lb loss!!! :) Why won't you count it?

RityzFritz: I think she is referring to the other vd abbreviation, which is venereal disease, am I right famograham? Kinda funny...like we are competing on who has the best STD, lol

I had a great week this week and lost 4 pounds. I've been using the exercise bike every day for 30 minutes. It helps so much to have an mp3 player. I lose track of time when I listen to my music. I hope next week will be just as easy. :)

purplecrush
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Well so far so good! Ive been sticking to my points and drinking lots of water. My only down fall is that I have a major headache. I havent had any caffeine for 3 days, so I broke down and made a pot of coffee. I only put in half the creamer and half the sugar I normally did. And guess what?? It wasent gross! So Yay! Hopefully my headache will go away!

famograham
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
guyana21, that's right :) And CONGRATS on the 4 pounds! :cheer2:

It just reminded me of the old fashioned way my Mom calls STD's "VD".

Although, if that were the case, I don't think I'd like to win...:lol:

Looks like we're on our way to meeting our VD goals!!! :woohoo:!!

luckyducky
01-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I too, would like in on this contest, some accountablity will be good for me!!! My goal is 7 lb by VD!!! And no, not by getting the
STD!!! Thanks for putting up this contest!

Jannibanni
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes, I might as well have a goal I can work on with other people...I am so in.but I really need help with that stupid ticker thing...for the life of me I cannot get it to show up....I have tried cutting and pasting and all that jazz...can somebody walk this computer illerate through it...thanks

I would like to lost 15 lbs by valentines Day!! We can do it.

Michiemish
01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
I would like to join. I am starting over yet again. But I want to take a different approach then I normally do (since my other ways hasn't worked:D)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I really need help with that stupid ticker thing....

Here's a thread that can help you. Let us know if you still need some help.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332

Schmoodle
01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Congrats to those making progress on their VD goal!
I am doing Ph1 of SBD for the next two weeks and have vowed not to weigh or change my ticker until then. Hopefully by then I will have some good progress to report. I just didn't want to face up to any damage done during Christmas week. Sometimes denial makes life easier...
Just wanted to check in and see how you motivated chicks were getting along.

Switzie6
01-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I'll a little behind the game but I would like to join in too. I just started on this board, I was only posting on calorie counters before. I'm going to aim high and go for 12 lbs by Valentine's. That will mean hitting my first goal and treating myself a massage as a reward. Can't wait! Good luck to everyone...lets make 2008 all about being healthy!

Trazzie
01-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I'd like to join in on this challenge as well, better late then never right ;) . I'm going to aim for 12 pounds lost by Valentines Day!

RitzyFritz
01-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Welcome!!!! We love having newcomers join us! The more the merrier - really! ;)

Let's roll!! (er - let's roll them rolls out never to be seen again, okay? :lol: )

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

gina1221
01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Well, after a perfect week on plan, exercising, and getting all of my water in plus some... I have NO loss at all! What!?! :?:

I hoping that this is just my body adjusting to being back on plan more consistently after the holidays and that I will have a big loss next week.

Congrats to all whose scale is showing them a loss... and stay strong to those whose scale isn't being so kind. :hug:

ChrissyBean
01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I guess I'd like to lose 7 lbs. (in addition to the 5 I gained over Xmas/NYs) to bring me to 170 lbs.

purplecrush
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Gina- Im sure that next week you will have a loss. It probably is just your body wondering where all that yummy holiday food went to :D lol Hang in there!! Your doing great!

ChrissyBean-You will get those pounds off from the holidays!! Good luck! I know how frusturating that can be!

Trazzie-Better late than ever!!! You can get those 12 lbs gone!

Switzie6-You can shed those 12 lbs also!, like I said up top, better late than ever! You can do it!

Schmoodle- Good luck on SBD! You should post your results when you weigh in! Dont be a stranger!

As for me, im doing great! I really need to be eating more points though, throughout the day, I get so many pts left over at night and I have to rummage through my house trying to find something..but so far so good!

sgs66
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi, I will try 8, because I will be 215, and I like clear-cut numbers.

hairdesigner
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
CW~252
GW~240 by VD
Thats 12 pds that i would like lose. and at 2 pds a week i think it is do able.

denialisnthappiness
01-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Last week 80kg (176lbs)
This week 75.4kg (165.88lbs)
Loss 10.12lbs
Lbs left to get to VD goal of 159 - 6.88lbs

famograham
01-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Well, I suppose I forgot about the power of the first week on plan!
I've already lost 5.5 of my 6 pound goal :lol:!!!! I know it's mostly water, but since it doesn't come back...I'll take it with a giant grin!! :yes:

SW- 253.5
CW- 248.0
Loss = 5.5 lbs :) (ticker says I've met my goal, but I still need half a pound)

Feeling great, yes indeed!
Yesterday we had a family get together with a FULL turkey dinner, all the trimmings and a table full of goodies to boot. I must be in hardcore mode because I didn't find it terribly difficult. I had a big salad with a tiny bit of dressing, some yam/sweet potato, a few baby carrots and about 5 oz. of turkey breast, didn't put butter on anything and left the treats alone...I'm positively shocked at myself!
On the unfortunate side of the story, our van died on the way to said party, and is going to end up costing over $500.00 to fix :(

Oh well...thank goodness for the emergency credit card...:lol:

I am feeling positive and proud at the moment :)
Linda

Lyn2007
01-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I really need to kick it up a step... sooo... here goes:

I am 246 today (still up 5lbs from xmas). I would like to lose 11 pounds by Valentine's Day and be 235. I can do it.

Switzie6
01-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Great job Linda!
So far I'm down 2 lbs since I started towards my valentine's day goal.
Keep going everyone!

dandk0204
01-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Well I'm 11 pounds down so I have 8 more to lose till Valentine's. I might put it up if I lose those 8 pounds before time.

Way to go everyone, Remember that ya'll can do it!!

CT Cabo Girl
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Chicks,

I posted a new thread to say hello after being a way for 2 years and changing my SN from Seashell to Ct Cabo girl. Anyway, I'm back to lose some of the weight I put on since starting my own bar / resteraunt and I can't wait to chat with you and join this challange! My mini goal was for Feb 12 (My b-day) but V-day gives me some extra time! LOL.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Valentines Day on Atkins.

Talk to you all soon!

purplecrush
01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
:welcome3: new members!! We can all do it! There is tons of support here! I know its helping me alot! My first weigh in is tomorrow and im totally excited and cant wait to find out how I did! Ive been eating on plan, staying within my points, drinking 64oz water and exercising ...all daily. Im very proud of myself, because I havent cheated at all! Normally I would have. I havent ate any fast food, drank soda or Starbucks since Ive been doing WW.

kissingginger
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi there -

At the rate I am going (1-2 lbs week) - I am going to aim for a weight loss of 12 pounds by Valentines!

Ginger

RitzyFritz
01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
WELCOME too all the newbies!! We are glad to have you join in on the Valentine's Day contest!! We are doing this to make our weight loss journey a little more fun by breaking it up into parts according to holidays, etc. I'm THRILLED at all those joining and those who are going strong!! You all are AWESOME!!! Keep it up!! We are watching you, and you are our inspiration!

purplecrush
01-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone! I just stepped on the scale, finally, after waiting a whole entire week (im normally a daily weigher..)and was very pleased to see the results.....7 lbs!!! I couldnt be happier!!!

Hope everyone is doing great on their plans!!

famograham
01-09-2008, 01:53 PM
5.5 pounds this week :)

:cheer2:

Way to go everybody!!!!
Linda

NESunshine
01-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm jumping in on this, but I'm gonna shoot for 2lbs a week.
ahhh back on the wagon. I'm also going to update my ticker...to reflect the weight that I've gained back so I'm being completely honest.
here goes!

Switzie6
01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Great Job everyone!!!
Keep working at it.
I've been doing well staying in my calorie range and exercising, but this week is the evil TOM when my weight loss stops. I am hoping for a few pound loss once it's over maybe the end of this week or early next week.

Beverlyjoy
01-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Well, I weighed in today and stayed the same! I have been losing steadily for three monthes and thru the holidays too - so, I am not that upset. Hopefully next week....I want to get my VD weight off!! ;)

dandk0204
01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Great Job everyone!!

Tonia
01-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Well, I am down 7 pounds! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: and pretty excited about it!

Also, while I am boasting, I will add that today is my daughter's 16th bd and although I did have a small amount of dessert (very small, actually!) I DIDN'T have any fettachini or lasagna...huge for me! As a matter of fact, I only ate one bowl of ministrone soup and had the dessert. It was worth it, though...lol

So, I am almost halfway to my VD goal!!!

okiechick
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I am staying on plan today because I am halfway to my valentines contest goal and officially in the 230's (by half a pound but I'll take it! :P)

Also, I don't remember what what thread it was in, but someone posted about Just My SIze Yoga and I ordered it. It came yesterday and I did it last night! I have never done any Yoga before and really liked it. I giggled through half of it and looked more like a butterball turkey than a child in the"child pose" but I did it and will keep doing it! I love the relaxing part! Sending thanks to the one who inspired me, even if I can't remember the name. :)

quyana21
01-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Great job everybody on your losses. :) I'm down another 4 pounds for a total of 8 pounds. I've been faithfully riding my bike and I'm getting to the point where I no longer dread getting some exercise. That's something I'm very excited about. :)

okiechick
01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
I found another reason this Valentines Contests is just what I need. I was running errands after work and of course, now the first thing you are bombarded with when you walk in a store is the Valentine Aisle. Normally the chocolate would be calling my name, and for a moment when I saw all those pink and red wrappers my heart skipped a beat in excitement. This time though, within 2.5 seconds the word valentines linked itself to challenge instead of chocolate. I wasn't even tempted to go down the aisle. It's a good feeling to be focused on healthy living vs. my next "fix" of chocolate.

kasmin
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
I found another reason this Valentines Contests is just what I need. I was running errands after work and of course, now the first thing you are bombarded with when you walk in a store is the Valentine Aisle. Normally the chocolate would be calling my name, and for a moment when I saw all those pink and red wrappers my heart skipped a beat in excitement. This time though, within 2.5 seconds the word valentines linked itself to challenge instead of chocolate. I wasn't even tempted to go down the aisle. It's a good feeling to be focused on healthy living vs. my next "fix" of chocolate.

Oakie chick, that's pretty awesome that you have now associated Valentine's Day with a health challenge rather than chocolate! WTG, chick:cool:

So far I am 4 pounds down, just 3 left for the challenge! (which is a good thing since I am going on holidays the first 2 weeks of February--figure I'll be concentrating on maintaining then rather than anything else:^:)

leah_0600
01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
i'm setting a small but achievable goal of 5 lbs for valentine's day. Good luck everyone!

valpal23
01-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Today was my WI - and I'm down four pounds! (I only lost one pound a week for all of December) So I'll take it when I can get it :) How's everyone doing?

Schmoodle
01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Finally some progress to report! I have undone the Christmas damage and am 2 lbs. down towards my Valentines goal. :carrot::carrot:

gina1221
01-12-2008, 02:32 PM
You ladies are doing fantastic. I'm seeing lots of 4 to 7 pound losses! Wow! :dizzy: Congratulations and keep up the good work.

After no loss last week, I am down 2.5 pounds this week. Of course, I'd rather have a 4 to 7 pound loss but I'll take the 2.5 and be thrilled! :D

redjb7
01-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I am joining way late, but since the second I have lost between seven and eight (not sure because the scales fluctuate). I am going to try and go for 2 pounds a week now until Valentine's.

denialisnthappiness
01-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Starting week 80kg (176lbs)
1st week 75.4kg (165.88lbs)
Loss 10.12lbs
Lbs left to get to VD goal of 159 - 6.88lbs

2nd week 74.3kg (163.46lbs)
Loss 2.42lbs
Lbs left to get to VD goal of 159 - 4.26lbs

Daimere
01-13-2008, 02:08 PM

Chelavon
01-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Well I am new to this community, but I like it already! Everyone is motivated and what better way to start meeting people! Acheiving a small goal with others makes it more fun. I would like to loose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day.

Purplefirefly
01-14-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm down 3 lb this week...6 more to go for the challenge :carrot: The BEST news though, is I am 1 lb. away from reaching my first goal (10% of starting weight) and earning my prize package! I can't wait to get some new jeans, mine look horrible falling off me!

denialisnthappiness
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Congrats firefly :carrot: nothing like a new pair of jeans to brighten the day.... and boy do I LOVE jeans :D

jellybelly06
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Doin good ladies! I am finally able to say I am down 1 more lb! It has taken 2 weeks to loose this lb! I am really slowing down now so close to goal. Having a challenge like this really helps me see my progress, even if it is slow! Jelly

dandk0204
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
I lost 5 pounds so that is 16 pounds down and 3 more to go till Valentine's Day!!

Congrats everyone and keep up the good work!

Switzie6
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Everyone is doing so well!!!!
I am down 2 lbs since last week. So 7 more to go to reach my goal and then I'm scheduling my massage :)

purplecrush
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow!! Im so proud of all you guys!!! Keep up the great work! You guys are my motivation!!

I kinda had a bad weekend. I didnt go out of my points, but I made bad food choices. Also I had two cookies. My body felt like crap after eating all that sugar and icky food. I hardly drank any water, which made me feel MORE like crap. Glad today is Monday!!

Here's to a new week!!

Tonia
01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Well, 2 more pounds gone. I know it is progress, but, honestly, I am a bit disappointed. My second week on my program and I expected a greater loss. Sun wasn't a great day but I thought I stayed in my calories. Oh, well, it is still two pounds...I guess.

Purplefirefly
01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Down 3 more...6 to go :cheer:

famograham
01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm down one more for a total of 6.5 pounds lost. Half a pound past my VD goal :)
I guess my new goal is to see just how much I can lose by VD!

Great job everybody!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Linda

jay41
01-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Down 4 pounds this week :woohoo:

:cheer2:10 more to my VD goal

MrsHoney1
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
This is new to me, let's give it a try :carrot:

quyana21
01-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Happy to see you all doing well. :) I only had a 1 pound loss this week. I thought that because 8lbs in the first 2 weeks was such an accomplishment, I deserved a little reward by having a free day. Well that didn't do me any good. I ate to the point of making myself sick, literally. I didn't get any exercise for 2 straight days as I was trying to recover. That taught me a lesson though, to not go overboard if I allow myself a little leeway.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
I only had a 1 pound loss this week.

Guyana, a one pound loss is great! I celebrate each and every pound I lose because I know how much work it takes to lose each and every one. Each pound adds up and eventually you'll reach your goal.

valpal23
01-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm down 3 pounds this week so I'm past my 7 pound goal and I'm going to push for another 5.

gina1221
01-19-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm down 1.5 this week... 6 more to go for my V-Day goal.

Keep up the good work everyone!

denialisnthappiness
01-20-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm down 4.4lbs this week and have met my vday goal bang on the 159 :D Going to see how much more I can get down by vday.

Daimere
01-20-2008, 12:53 PM
219.5. I Hit My Goal!

Tonia
01-20-2008, 01:02 PM
:carrot: :carrot: YEA DIAMERE :carrot: :carrot:

I am down nine pounds, still have 11 to go but I think I will make it. I weigh in again tomorrow...

Schmoodle
01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I am down 3 lbs. 4 to go. But I've decided to stay off the scale until Feb. 14, so I won't know until then if I've made it or not. I'm trying to show the scale that it doesn't have as much power over me as it thinks! I'll check back in at the end. Good luck everybody!

Purplefirefly
01-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Huge congrats to everyone already at goal for challenge :cp:

Goldana
01-21-2008, 03:52 AM
I'm joining the contest a bit late...hope you don't mind!
Put me down for 3 kilos or 6.6 pounds.

Purplefirefly
01-21-2008, 10:10 AM
I am down another 3 lb....3 more to go, I will make this for sure :D

NESunshine
01-21-2008, 11:01 AM
5lbs down so far :)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Well, I'm a bit of a turtle on this one.:) I set a very optimistic goal for myself, but I'm okay if I don't reach it. My idea is to aim high, but be very happy with any loss. Progress is still progress...and, its all good!

dandk0204
01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I reached my goal of 19 pounds plus one :)

I will add another 5 pounds to my goal so it will be 24 pounds!

Good luck ya'll and congrats to all the losers

Tonia
01-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I am down another four pounds for a total loss of 15! Yea!!! Five more to go till my VD goal!

jay41
01-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Down 2 pounds this week and 10 pounds total. Only 6 more to go!

CT Cabo Girl
01-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Half way to my Valentine's Day goal and STUCK! Sigh . . . nothing in almost 2 weeks and I've been good!

purplecrush
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
10.6 down only 4 more to go. I can do it! We all can! Keep up the good work ladies! We are all doing wonderful!!!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Hey, Ritzy! We haven't heard from you lately. You doing okay?

okiechick
01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I am down 8.5 pounds. 1.5 more to go! Yippee!

Well, in all honesty. I was a sick puppy this weekend and my food consisted of chicken soup and orange juice so I expect the scale to webble wobble a bit before it dives under 235 but! I have seen it (2 days in a row) so I will claim it and that is my next number to beat.

quyana21
01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
I weighed in today at goal! *bounces around happily* I've set a new goal of 6pounds by Valentine's day. Keep up the great work everybody. :)

leah_0600
01-25-2008, 05:56 AM
i've got three pounds to go..... pleeeassseeee let me stay on track so i can feel great for my romantic weekend away on thr 15th :P and look half decent in a bikini!

RitzyFritz
01-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Hey, Ritzy! We haven't heard from you lately. You doing okay?

Hi, Rhonda (and everyone else)! Thank you for thinking of me! :hug:

This is the first time I have gotten to log on in a LONG time! I'm so VERY sorry to do that to you all. I have had some rough waters in my life lately, and I just now was able to check in with this thread.

YOU ALL ARE DOING SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is almost with tears that I type this: I'm still where I was when I started. :?: I have really had very few off days, so I guess I have put myself in maintenance mode. But, ONWARD I GO!! There may be places to rest on this journey, but never a place to turn around - right? ;)

I cannot say enough how PROUD I AM of you all!! You are doing so FABULOUS! Everyone of you are so inspirational - the fact that you keep coming back and reporting here - and reporting some great losses! - is so awesome!! Keep it up!

Even if I don't meet you at the finish line for this contest, don't count me out yet! :) I'm just a little behind but am definitely still on the track - even if it is around the last bend and you can't see me from where you are. ;)

Here's to us ALL - KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!! Every ounce lost is worth every effort made.

Switzie6
01-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Down another 2! Now I feel like my goal is very reachable.
Keep up the good work everyone.

denialisnthappiness
01-27-2008, 05:00 AM
down a pound this week to 158lbs :)

luckyducky
01-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I almost don't believe it ,but, I hit my goal this week!!!!!! I am very happy about it, and my co workers are actually noticing how I am changing my eating habits. I haven't felt deprived of any of the foods I like, ( even though I don't eat them all the time like I used to). I know 7 lbs doesn't seem like much, but, for me, it is a giant victory! Even when I was walking 3 miles a day, the scale didn't move much. Now, even without the walking ( I am dealing with a bad case of plantar fasciitis ( that really sucks BTW), the numbers on the scale are still moving!!!!

Tonia
01-27-2008, 11:15 AM
:carrot: :carrot: CONGRADULATIONS, LUCKYDUCKY! :carrot: :carrot:

I am down one more pound. It may have been a little more but I have decided to change my weigh in date to Sat (instead of Monday) as I found it is much easier to stay on my program on the weekdays than on the weekends. This is going to have to change, btw, as I am a teacher and have the summer off....!

Four pounds to my VD goal!

gina1221
01-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Ritzy - It's good to hear from you. I hope those stormy waters turn to calm seas for you very soon. You have a great attitude about it and that will definitely help you through. :hug:

Well, I'm down one more pound - half-way to my V-Day goal. My weight loss has slowed down a lot lately so I think it may be time to lower my calories... :^:

dandk0204
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Down 3 more pounds..2 pounds until I reach my second V-day goal!!

kissingginger
01-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone,

I am down 10 pounds and I have only 2 more pounds to my Valentines Day goal of 255!!!
I feel really confident I can do this!

Whoo Hoooooo!

Ginger

RitzyFritz
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
luckyduky: WOW, wow, wow!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :carrot: That is totally awesome!!!

Thanks, Gina!! I know attitude is everything, isn't it? ;) You are doing great - as are all of you!! I'm SOOOOO impressed!! You 3FCs ROCK!!!

Keep on keeping on!!! We all are going to be at goal before we know it!

Just TWO MORE WEEKS and TWO MORE DAYS until Valentine's Day! This is doable!! :D

thehappyface2003
01-29-2008, 07:44 PM
V goal is 299 break the 300 mark! Ya hoo!

RitzyFritz
01-30-2008, 04:29 AM
WHEW!!!!!! The scales finally went down for me! I got really radical with my salt restriction, as I was still "on plan" diet wise but stayed the same weight wise, and it sure paid off! Down 2.2 lbs this week. :woohoo: Still have 4.8 lbs to lose by 2/14. It is a stretch but is doable. Wish me luck! ;)

Here's hoping you all will meet your Valentine Day goal as well!! :hug:

Beverlyjoy
01-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Welll.... I am down 4 pounds this month :) - maybe I can lose three more by VD. I have been doing the other things that were part of my goal - planning my food, meditating, drinking lots of water, etc.

Good job to all you "losers" and all folks that are giving it a try.

purplecrush
01-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey all! Sorry Ive been MIA lately. Ive been working so much, I dont have time to come here :( Today my DD is sick, so im home, so while shes sleeping, I thought Id come on here and check in. I weighed in today and lost 3.2 lbs this week....so ...drum roll...I already made my Valentines Day goal!!! Im actually .4 over...also .4 into my Spring Break Goal!

Keep up the good work!

Trazzie
01-30-2008, 03:35 PM
I've made my Valentines Day Goal today. It was to lose 12 pounds and to date I'm down 13! I'm going to shoot for another 4 pounds by VD.

dandk0204
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Way to go everyone!!
I switched my days to Thursday so I will weigh in tomorrow and hopefully I reached my goal.

Purplefirefly
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
:woohoo: I made my goal today! :woohoo:

We still have 2 weeks so I am upping my goal to 15...see if I can take 5 more off in that time.

CONGRATS to everyone who has made or surpassed their goals. It's a big step foward for us all.

Those still working to get there...keep your head up, a lot can be done in 2 weeks!

valpal23
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm down two pounds so I have 2 more to go until I make my new revised VD goal.

I'm not going to weigh myself again until Feb.9 because I have a compulsive weighing addiction. heh

Switzie6
01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Great job Trazzie and PurplefireFly!
I still have 2 lbs to go but I think I can make it!

quyana21
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
I've been pretty sick this past weekend and didn't get much exercise in. I am down 1 pound though. Hopefully I'll do a little better the next two weeks. I'm happy to hear a lot of you met and surpassed your goals. :) Two weeks left all, we can do this!

Purplefirefly
02-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Switzie--2 lb. in 2 weeks is very reasonable, you can make it just stay focused.

jellybelly06
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Wow! Everyone is doing really good! I am down another one. I only have one more to go to get to goal. This is really putting me crazy close to my goal weight, which is such a weird feeling. Good luck and keep up the good work everyone. Jelly

Schmoodle
02-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Hooray everybody! So many chicks making goal so early!:carrot:

gina1221
02-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh wow, so many have already met their V-Day goal and others are getting very close. Way to go!! :D

I am down another 1.5 pounds this week... so 3.5 more to go to meet my V-Day goal.

Keep up the good work!

leah_0600
02-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Hey i'm up one this week :o but i know my mistakes and i'm not put off!! I can do this! Just 3 more to go :) :carrot::D;)

denialisnthappiness
02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
down one more lb to 156.8lbs now. Surpassed my vday goal by 2 n a bit lbs so far, got another 7.8lbs to hit my easter goal :carrot:

Trazey34
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm happy to say I snapped back into the ZONE, and changed my ticker! Down another 4, and have 6 more to go to hit the valentine 10 I promised! I love a challenge!!

being a loser is awesome ;)

jay41
02-03-2008, 04:50 PM
down 2...need to lose 6 more to make my VD goal.

Tonia
02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
:dance: I did it! :dance:

Another 6 pounds this week which brings my total weight loss to date...

drum roll.....

22 pounds! WooHoo!!!

Honestly, though, more than the loss of weight (which is fabulous!) this month I have learned a few things:

1. Portion control.
2. Forgive myself when I mess up. 'Cause I will mess up.
3. Allow myself treats - just be sure to count it in my daily counts!
4. Exercise is not torture. It really does make me feel better for most of the day.
5. A basketball game/soccer game/volleyball game/track meet is not an excuse to eat a bunch of junk.
6. Yes, I have a sweet tooth. But, that tooth is just as satisfied with a piece of gum or some 25 calorie hard candy as it is with a box of candy. (notice I said 'box of candy' here...not candy bar...sigh)

I am sure I have learned more but this is all I can think of now!

Best of luck to everyone so close to their goal....YEA!

dandk0204
02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Reached two goal for Valentines!!!

My first goal was 19 pounds and I reached that on the 21st
My second goal was 25 pounds and I reached that today with 1 pound extra

I'm sooo happy, I never thought I would lose this much weight this fast!

RoyalAthena
02-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Ok, I am down 2 pounds this week. I have 1 pound until my V-Day Goal. I am going to try to make it this week (hopefully pass it by one pound) So, here goes! I haven't made a Easter goal yet. I would like to though. Maybe I can make it to 199 by then!

jellybelly06
02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
I made it! I made it! 135 the last 2 mornings! Thanks so much for the challenge Ritzy, it worked like a charm again!

Keep it up everybody. We can do this. Jelly

GirlyGirlSebas
02-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Well, looks like I might not reach my very optimistic goal....but, the scales are moving down again and that's a very very good thing!

Jelly, you're 2 pounds from goal...and 2 pounds from a 100 pound loss?! WOW.....just WOW!

Schmoodle
02-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Just popped in to read for inspiration. I really want a good week so I can pull into V-day meeting or surpassing my goal. You chicks are doing great!
Jelly, you're 2 pounds from goal...and 2 pounds from a 100 pound loss?! WOW.....just WOW!
Jellybelly, I agree with Rhonda, this is amazing!

RoyalAthena
02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I made it! I made it! I weighed myself today! Thanks everyone for the motivation!

Rosemund
02-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow, I haven't been here in a while - I have actually met my original goal. In fact, my unofficial weigh-ins are putting me around 191 right now. So I'm hoping to make it to 10 pounds lost, rather than the 7 I originally planned for.

valpal23
02-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I made my 11 pound VD goal today :)... I made it to 255, my original goal a few weeks ago so now I'm at 249 :carrot:

Schmoodle
02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Congrats chicks!
5 more days until weigh-in. Soon I will know. Not too optimistic, since I have had some slips this past week. Wish me luck!

Switzie6
02-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Great job everyone!
I hit my goal today!!! 225 is my first mini goal too so that means I'll be treating myself to a massage :)

denialisnthappiness
02-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Lost another 1lb so 155.7lbs now - I might be single but vday is looking rosy from where I'm sitting - having this goal and seeing everyone progress has helped so much :D

Onwards and upwards to the Easter goal! :cheer2:

Well done to those who have met and those who are losing :carrot:

RitzyFritz
02-13-2008, 09:46 AM
You all CONTINUE to inspire me!!! WAY TO GO!! Tomorrow is THE day....we shall see how we all do. SO MANY of you have met your goal, and that is FABULOUS!!!! :carrot: I'm SO VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL!!!

I am still 4 lbs off, but that's okay...I'm still in the game, and that's what counts. Things in my life are starting to look a little better, so hopefully I can get re-focused on my plan every day. I have basically been maintaining.

HOWEVER, you all ROCK!!!! I'm so extremely happy to see all the success stories here!! :hug: You continue to be my inspiration!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi Ritzy! Well, as you can see, I didn't do well on the Valentine's Day challenge. But, I'd be game for another holiday challenge if you were so inclined. ;)

RitzyFritz
02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi Ritzy! Well, as you can see, I didn't do well on the Valentine's Day challenge. But, I'd be game for another holiday challenge if you were so inclined. ;)

Aw, don't worry, Rhonda....you are still here too, and that counts a LOT! :hug:

I'm already looking at my calendar trying to figure out the next holiday to set for a goal. Easter is 5 week and a few days away...I will possibly start a thread for that. After all, we must do something to stay focused OFF all that candy! LOL!!

Take care, girl. We are going to make it to goal afterall! ;)

Trazey34
02-13-2008, 12:08 PM
ugh, i know i won't make it! I pledged to lose 10, and I'm down 6 :( Oh well, still a LOSS! that's the silver lining!

How about all of us who didn't quite make it - we'll make it by St. Patty's Day!!!

famograham
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey :grouphug: You guys did great! :cheer:
You still had good losses!

Let's ROCK those Easter goals!

(I feel bad posting this part now!)

I'll check in tomorrow, on our official day...but as of today I have doubled my V-Day goal, plus 2 more!!!! I'm positively thrilled!
I've been on plan for 6 weeks, and if I average it out, that's 2.41 pounds a week :) :dizzy:

GO LADIES!!!!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Linda

kissingginger
02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone!

I made my Valentine's Day challenge - I weighed in at 253 yesterday! It's my first mini-goal and I made it. It feels really good to accomplish something.

Congratulations to all the losers out there!~

Linda - a huge CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!! You go girl!

Cheers, Ginger

leah_0600
02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
i didn't quite reach my goal but i didn't really think i would. I will soon though and i haven't lost that motivation :) congrats to everyone who had a loss, no matter how small it was, those scales are moving the RIGHT way :)

Tonia
02-14-2008, 01:08 AM
I appreciate this thread ~ it helps keep me focused and there is a bit of accountablilty here as well.

The success stories are inspiring and help motivate me to keep on truckin'! Thanks, Ritzi...here's to an Easter challenge!

quyana21
02-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks for starting this challenge, it helped me lose 20 pounds! Yes, I made my second goal of 6 pounds lost by today. *cheers* Grats to everybody else and your losses. Even if you haven't made your goal, you still have a loss!

Beverlyjoy
02-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi Ritzy! Well....time to report....I did well in the challenge. I journalled my food everyday, did meditation and lost 6 pounds (I challenged myself to 7 - but, 6 is awesome to me!!).

Thanks for this challenge!

Congrats to folks partaking in this challenge. You are winners - all of you!

Purplefirefly
02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Happy to report I met my goal of 10 lbs :woohoo: I hoped to get another lb or two in the last week but it didn't happen and that's okay...I still made it!

:bravo: to everyone who worked hard toward their goal...whether you made it, went beyond, or fell short you did an awesome job!

RitzyFritz
02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL REPORTS SO FAR!!!!!! I'm THRILLED with each and every effort - it takes them all (big and small) to get us to goal. You all did AWESOME! I cannot wait to read the rest of the reports. I know they will be great.

For those of us who didn't meet the goal we wanted to, let's get a tissue, wipe the tears from the eyes, and move on. :hug: We are going to make it to goal - and each and every step counts in the journey no matter how big or small those steps may be.

Be looking for an Easter Weight Loss Challenge thread - coming soon!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to all you losers and BRAVO to all those who tried!!!

Switzie6
02-14-2008, 10:16 AM
:val1:
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Great job everyone, even if you didn't quite hit your goal any loss is wonderful!

luckyducky
02-14-2008, 11:03 PM
I made my Valentine's Day challenge of 7 lbs PLUS, I lost 5 extra lbs!!!!!! Happy, happy day!!! I am so excited, I have not ever tried a challenge like this before, and I am so glad I did!! I am up for the next one!

jay41
02-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Well, I did not make my goal :( but I did lose 13 pounds :carrot:

gina1221
02-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I had my "official" Valentine's weigh-in this morning. My goal was to loose 10 lbs and I lost 8.5 lbs... so I didn't quite make my goal but still had a loss that I'm happy about. Now on to the Easter challenge (thanks Ritzy!).

Congratulations everyone on your losses!!!