100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus December 24-30

mj5
12-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Welcome! Do you need some accountability? A place to list your plan? A place to list your menu? Support? This is the place to get it!!! We can do this!

mj5
12-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Ok, so I really should be getting ready for work....I have to go in for a little while today, although they will send us home early (and pay for a full day). Hubby has to work today too, so I figured why use a vacation day?

BUT, today is weigh in day and I just had to share..........I lost 1 lb!!!! I am shocked! I would have been happy w/ maintaining--with the treats I have allowed myself (not a lot, but some) and the little bit of exercise I have had time for I wasn't sure what the scale would say this am. I am thrilled!!!!

I cannot believe I am almost out of the 240's!!!

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support. I know that I am the one who has to do it, but w/ the support of everyone here I am learning that I can do it!

Have a great holiday!!

rakel
12-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Congrats MJ! I really think that we don't really need to swear of sweets for life unless we have something like diabetes -- I think I am speaking for most people when the main problem lies in that they are triggers, so if you can have one piece and stick to that, then you're doing great and I don't see how it could hold you back! *throws a party for MJ*

Happy Christmas Eve everybody! I'm going over to my fiance's brother's house in about 40 minutes to an hour.

I bought a pair of jeans that were a little tight to serve as some motivation. They fit pretty good except that they are kind of "low rise" and so my huge fat roll hangs over it... it fits my waist darn near perfectly though, so before I can really feel comfortable wearing these in public I need to down size in the stomach region, lol.

rakel
12-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm retaining some water today and probably gained about a pound... I didn't think I did too bad, though. I did sample some desserts again (homemade cheescake, how could I resist? I just had a little bitty sliver!) but I was mostly snacking on pretzels, crackers, etc so I had a lot of salty things. Today we're having turkey, stuffing, potatoes, salad, etc. Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas! We're just having a quiet evening at home and may have some people coming over later.

mj5
12-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your time w/ friends and family. I just had a mini-meltdown. It totally came out of no where. This is only the 2nd Christmas w/ out my dad and I miss him so much. I still can't believe he is gone. He was such a big kid--Christmas was his favorite time of year, so that makes it extra hard. I know I will be ok, but it just hit me like a ton of bricks while I was drying my hair. On top of that, one of my cousin's announced last night that she is expecting her first baby. Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for both her and her hubby, but we have been trying for soooooooo long and I have some issues that may prevent it from happening for us.

Rakel--Congrats on the jeans! I have a pair of "jeans that I will fit into someday" hanging in my room....just seeing them reminds me to keep at it! I agree, at least for me, totally eliminating certain things is not an option--it only leads me to feeling the need to binge on them later. I do know that I have limits though and there are some things that aren't good to have in the house, unless they are at least already pre-packaged. A quiet evening at home sounds nice!

Ok, enough feeling sorry for myself! I have to get ready for dinner. I will be ok. I will NOT use this as an excuse to eat a bunch of crap!

Purplefirefly
12-25-2007, 08:17 PM
:hug: MJ, that would be so hard to deal with, hope you get through all the emotions okay. Two big things at once, sometimes life is just not fair. You are doing awesome, hang in there.

I lost 1 lb. this week, not sure how, but i'll take it. That puts me at 8 lbs. for the month! That is unheard of for me in December! Talk more later, just wanted to say I am still alive :lol:

rakel
12-25-2007, 09:56 PM
MJ -- I can relate. My fiance's dad died December 15th, 2005, so it's rough for his family too, especially his mom.

Food wise, I'm pretty sure I've gone over my "diet" ... but the good news is that it's almost 10pm and I still don't feel hungry, so I probably won't be eating much more if anything tonight. We have plenty of leftovers so I don't particularly feel like I need to eat everything tonight.

I also have my second interview for a job tomorrow @ 2pm... eeee!

mj5
12-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Good Morning!

Purplefirefly--Thanks. Unfortunately, our family has a lot of unpleasant 'anniverseries' around the holidays. Normally I am able to prepare myself better for them, but yeterday, I don't know, I think it was just because that was the first kind of quiet time I had to myself and it all sort of came crashing in. The good news is, I have a great family (although it's hard to remember that sometimes!) and we can get through anything!!! CONGRATS!!! Hey, 1lb is awesome!!!

Rakel--Good luck at your interview! Not that you'll need it, of course! Let us know how it goes!

I am in MUCH better spirits today. As I said to purplefirefly, I think that I finally had a moment to myself and everything hit me at once. I did pretty good w/ food. I skipped desert--even though it was chocolate cream pie (who is this person?!), I just didn't want any. I had a 2nd dish of tossed salad instead! I did have an extra glass of wine, which I don't normally do, but that's ok.

Today it is back to the gym! I have to check w/ brother, I think he said that he finally signed up for his membership, if he did and used my name, I will get a free month added on to mine! Yippee! If he forgot to use my name, I should still be able to get them to add the month to mine...one of the benefits of going to a small gym!

Have a great day! I'll probably be around later!

Schmoodle
12-26-2007, 08:38 AM
good morning ladies. I am wrung out, hung over from the sugar and white flour and feeling like ****. Was it worth it? Well, it was fun while I was eating it, but now I definitely say no. I did fine until the cookie party Sunday (even had lost 2 more lbs. at weigh in on Saturday), and it's been downhill since then with the sweets. Otherwise food has been fine, but fudge, cookies, gah! Even typing those words right now makes me want to hurl. Okay, fun's over now, back to normal, and what a relief! This thread has helped me so much, and I feel like it's so important to plan today, since I've still got a lot of that other stuff hanging around. Although last night a lot of it went into the garbage, I kept a few things for the kids to finish over the next couple of days.

rakel, best of luck with that interview!
mj5, I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday.:hug: Christmas does seem to bring up lots of emotions, good and bad. My grandfather died on Christmas eve, and Christmas has never been the same for my grandmother since. He too, loved Christmas, and having all the family together. He had a spiffy red vest he would wear every year. will you and your brother be working out together? That sounds fun! I really need to find an exercise buddy!
purple, you are amazing! 8 lbs! I thought I was doing well, and I had only lost 4 in December. Although, we'll see what the scale has to say on Saturday! I'm sure it won't be more than 4, but it may very well be less!

Oops! Forgot my whole reason for posting!
B - Chicken salad on toast
S - Celery with LCLC, V8
L - leftover eggplant stuffed with shrimp and crab, green beans
S - Apple and a latte
D - Beef -vegetable stew

Purplefirefly
12-26-2007, 08:57 AM
schmoodle, if you get back on plan now I think you will be surprised what you could take off by your next weigh in! I was shocked at my lb. this week, so go for it! I am hoping for 2 more on Monday, I have never lost 10 in one month.

My son's birthday party is at noon today so things aren't back to normal yet. MIL insisted that he HAS to have his party on his birthday, not the first week in January like we did last year. Her birthday is the 27th and she feels doing it on any other day isn't right :rolleyes: I kind of feel he is getting cheated because a lot less people will show up today, though we already got their gifts, but energy wise he is being cheated.

Anyway, it's cake day and I am wanting a piece...they make sugar free cakes and I was going to get one for me and hubby, but I don't think I can handle Splenda. MIL made a bunch of desserts with it yesterday and I had some banana pudding and small bit of strawberry fluff, then came home and had a few small cookies made with it...and I was running in and out of the bathroom all night, my stomach just did not agree at ALL! So, I have decided I might let myself have one tiny piece of cake...there will be nothing there to binge on really, we are bowling afterward (he loves to bowl!) so that is active and will get my mind off food, and I don't want to spend his 4th birthday sitting there with my water while everyone celebrates. So, one small little piece for me and then I send the cake home with someone else if there's leftovers.

That's my plan, I'll let you all know how it goes :T

GirlyGirlSebas
12-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Sorry that I've been MIA. I survived Christmas, but went so totally off plan that I can't even find my plan this morning! I'm afraid to step on the scales as I imagine that I've gained quite a few pounds. I've made a promise with myself that I'll get on them tomorrow morning and get accountable with myself. My brother, sister-in-law and two little nephews are here for the holidays. They live in another country and haven't had some of their favorite foods for six months. Needless to say, my safety zone around here isn't so safe. The house if full of my favorite temptations.....egg nog, cookies, chocolate, pie, etc etc etc. I've totally overdone the sugar and am feeling very yuck! I'm trying not to wait until January 1st to get back on track. Its not easy. They are taking us out to eat at our favorite barbecue restaurant tonight. Yikes!

Rakel - Please let us know how your interview goes today. I'll say a prayer for you at 2:00.
Schmoodle - 'hung over' is the perfect description for how I'm feeling and it is sooooo not worth it.
Purple - Sounds like you have a great plan for handling the cake today. Hope you have fun bowling.
MJ - This is my third Christmas without my Mom. She passed on Dec 28 of 2004. I've enjoyed the holidays this year, but things still seem a bit bittersweet. I'm glad your brother is joining your gym. Will the two of you work out together some? That might be fun.

Well, I better concentrate on my work. I've been off for the last 7 days and I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

nicolen
12-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine wasn't too bad, but it feels so good to be back in my own house again. Best thing is I seem to have lost about a pound which for this time of year is phenomenal. Last year over the Christmas-New Year period, I put on 8...:o

The cat is OK - the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him. The foot is definitely tender, but there's no reason for it. She's leaning towards arthritis. They told me when I picked him up that they'd have him in any time - I'd hate to think what the other cats they had in are like because my cat is definitely hard work!

Thursday night, I'd just finished packing and sat down when there was an earthquake. It went on for such a long time that I knew it was a big one - found out that it was centered on a town 900 kms away and ended up being 6.6. Some property damage, no fatalities and only a couple of people injured. Still, not what you'd wish on anyone at any time let alone Christmas.

The sleeping dramas sorted themselves out. My sister took one look at the caravan my parents' had hired and refused to sleep in it. By that stage my mother had had enough and told her that she was sleeping on the lounge floor. And as for the caravan - let's just say that the C word in our family refers to a completely different word starting with C...

Christmas was good. Everyone loved the presents I bought which was great. I'm always nervous about that. I got vouchers for Farmers (slightly upmarket department store) and the Warehouse (cheap department store) from my grandmothers, new gym clothes from my parents and my sister and brother in law indulged my Lush addiction. We always get a Santa present as well - it's usually something like a book or similar - and I got a DVD of one of my favourite TV shows from years ago, so yay!

MJ, go you! You're doing so well at the moment! Sending lots of :hug: to you - it's a difficult time of the year at the best of times, let alone when you've lost someone recently.

Rakel, slightly too tight clothes are a fantastic motivation aren't they!
Good luck with the interview - let us know how it goes!

Purple, awesome at this time of year! Good luck with the birthday party.

Schmoodle, it's difficult at this time of year to stay 100% on track. Go you for getting back on track so quickly.

Rhonda, I know you'll get yourself back on track!

Have a fantastic day, ladies! :hug:

Beverlyjoy
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi folks....the holiday food fenzy is over!! I ate too many cookies..but, am anxious to get back to some more healthy and sane eating.

Sorry I couldn't post. So much company...non stop. It was a wonderful, wonderful Christmas - filled with many good memories. My 10 month grandson was here from Michigan. It was grand!

My plan for today:

breakfast - cherrios, banana, milk
lunch - open face turkey mustand, asparagus
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner, grilled light cheese, tomatoe soup, veggies and dip
snack - blueberries, yogurt, flax, milk

Have a great day!!!

mj5
12-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi again!

Schmoodle--Good for you for getting back on track!

Purplefirefly--Ahh, family....Have fun at the bday. You can do this!

Rhonda--enjoy your company! You can do this too!!! I am sorry to hear about your mom. I'm with you. I enjoy the holidays, but definitely bittersweet.

Nicole--Welcme back! Glad your cat is doing ok. I hate it when there is anything wrong w/ my 'girls'. Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas! Thanks!!

I think it was Schmoodle and Rhonda who asked about me working out w/ my brother. We probably will some, but our schedules are pretty different, so it won't happen a lot. Too bad too, he would really kick my butt! I do need him to tweak my weight lifting routine, though because I am starting to get bored with it. He is the one who put it together in the first place. It's really nice to be able to 'use' him as a resource. There are trainers at my gym who are more than willing to help, but w/ my brother, he knows about my knee and stuff and I don't have to explain everything to someone else.

Ok, I have to get ready for a meeting. I am SO tired today. I am going to go to the gym right after work for a bit of cardio. I must admit I thought about skipping the gym because I am so tired, but I really want to keep the routine of going, so I AM going!

rakel
12-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey everyone! Just got back from the interview. They have narrowed their choices down to 4 people for 2 positions, so I guess that makes it a 50% chance? I think the first interview went a little better, for some reason I was a lot more nervous this time around, but over all I think it went really well and I pawned off some of my homemade fudge onto them, muahaha. I have a few more bags to give away now, and I think I know where they will be going. Anyhoo, they told me to hang in there, and that they ideally want to start both positions at the same time in the first or second week of January. So I guess from here I'll get a call from the guy who interviewed me first and "we'll take it from there." This waiting and waiting is excruciating, and I think by now if I don't get it I will be more disappointed than I would if they just told me now they didn't want me -- but I am still looking and hoping to get some more interviews lined up.

xtrisaratops
12-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Ugh, I feel miserable today.

Way too much food. Waaaaaaay too much food. I'm bloated and lethargic and I just feel like crud.

I'm going to try to get right back on plan, though. I hate feeling like this. I don't even want to step on the scale; nor do I want to put on jeans.

I ordered myself a new journal this morning, and one of my resolutions this year is to journal regularly. It's always helped me to keep my thoughts straight in the past, but I guess I just strayed away from it and never really got back into the habit.

I hope everyone made it through the holiday season intact, and I hope those of us who strayed can get right back where we need to be.

mj5
12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Good Morning! I cannot wait for the weekend! Not that we have big plans...that the whole reason I can't wait! I could really use some r&r! The best news is, I have a four day weekend...treat to myself for only taking 1 day off for Christmas! (It was a scheduling issue at work, otherwise I would have taken more) I did get to the gym last night. Can't say I gave it my best effort....I was really tired, but I did my cardio. My knee is acting up...I really need to make a point to call the drs office! It's not calling that is the problem, it's being available for them to call me back that has been the problem lately! Today might be an 'ok' day to be able to give them my cell # for a call back....work gets in the way so much sometimes! ;) I did great w/ food yesterday--it felt so nice to eat a reasonable dinner for a change!

Tonight is the gym, then groceries, then home to relax w/ hubby and the dogs.

Rakel--I hate the waiting!!!

Sara--Good for you for getting right back on plan! I think journaling is a great idea.

Hi to everyone else! Cheryl, you haven't been around in a while. Hope you are hanging in there!

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
12-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi folks.....oh man - the best intentions for a sane food day went out the window when temptation of all the xmas goodies in the house got the best of me last night. I packed up the candy and put it in a box for my husband to give away or pitch. I can't go back to insane eating.

My plans for today:

meditate!!
water, water, water,
stretches
journal food
get the junk OUT of the house

food plans

breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - ff cottage cheese, fruit, ww garlic toast, veggies and lite dip
snack - natural applesauce with ff cheese
dinner - turkey, potato, veggie
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

Sara - I like to journal too. It's a useful tool for me. Glad you ordered one.

Nicolen - Earthquake!! Glad you are OK. Hope the kitty is OK, too.

rakel - good luck! I hope the job works out.

mj5 - Good for you...going to the gym when you don't feel like it rocks!!

Everyone - have a GREAT day. Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water to help get the sugar out. Keep it simple and ease back into it. We can do this!!

-Beverly

Schmoodle
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi chicks, draggin' my butt back again today with my head hung in shame. Cookies are evil. Here's today's attempt:

B - Chicken salad on toast, 2 date nut balls
S - Celery with LCLC, V8
L - Broccoli Cheese Soup
S - Apple and a latte
D - Beef -vegetable stew

Rakel, I am sending you positive energy. Hope you hear something soon!
Beverly, I had the same issue (again). You're right, it's all got to go.
You are showing us the way, mj!

nicolen
12-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Morning everyone!

I don't really have a heck of a lot to say today - went back to work and struggled for motivation to get anything done. I got a wee bit done, but not a heck of a lot. Everyone's in holiday mode still, so most people are feeling the same way. I wanted to get to the gym after work, but the gym hours were 9am - 4pm yesterday and today. Makes it a bit hard to get there when I work 7:30 - 4. Such is life - I'll go on Saturday.

Beverly, good on you getting the rubbish out of the house!

MJ, hope you're able to get an appointment with the doctor.

Rakel, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Let us know when you find out...

Sara, hope you're feeling better today!

Schmoodle, get those cookies out of the house!

Take care ladies :hug:

mj5
12-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi again! I never did call the drs office today. Tomorrow my doctor isn't in, so I'll wait until next week. I am hoping I can get by just asking my questions over the phone, rather than making an appt...is a 40 minute drive to their office. I will make an appt if I have to, though.

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for getting that stuff out of the house! Thanks for the reminder about the water! I usually do pretty good, but have been slipping a bit w/ that lately.

Schmoodle--No shame. Dust yourself off and start today fresh.

Nicole--We were the same way at work yesterday! Today is a bit better, but not great. That stinks about the gym hours. Are you able to go for a walk or a swim or something else? How's your kitty? Probably thrilled to be home!

Wow, you are all really great for my ego! ;) It's sometimes funny to me to think that I am motivating someone else! Of course, I get LOTS of motivation from all of you!!!!

xtrisaratops
12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Still feeling a little rough today, but I'm just pushing on through it. My sleep really has been all over the place lately; my body just isn't tired until like, 9 AM, and then I sleep until 2 or 3 PM. Dunno what's going on there, but it's messing with my eating cycles, and I'm not happy with it.

My goal for the next few days is drinking more water. I know some of the poundage I've put back on is water, and I want to get that taken care of ASAP.

And I agree. Cookies are evil.

rakel
12-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Still feeling a little rough today, but I'm just pushing on through it. My sleep really has been all over the place lately; my body just isn't tired until like, 9 AM, and then I sleep until 2 or 3 PM. Dunno what's going on there, but it's messing with my eating cycles, and I'm not happy with it.

My goal for the next few days is drinking more water. I know some of the poundage I've put back on is water, and I want to get that taken care of ASAP.

And I agree. Cookies are evil.

I'm constantly struggling with my insomnia too... or whatever it is. I went to bed last night at 4:30am or 5, and got up today at 1:20pm, but I've been much worse than that! It is frustrating when you're trying to lose weight, but I've found that if I get up too late then my exercise goes out the window, because I have a hard time exercising after it gets dark (for outdoor things), and the apartment complex gym closes at 11pm anyway. Then, I could do DDR in my house but it is noisy so I can't really do it late at night.

Beverlyjoy
12-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi folks....I made it thru yesterday. I ate my planned food and I hope I can build on it. I hate those uncomfortable feelings of wanting all the food in the house. Ugh. I am trying to get thru another day. All that water..slosh, slosh.

stretches
journal food
water, water, water
ice & heat
2 appointments today

food -

breakfast - ff cottage cheese and banana, pnb toast
snack - apple
lunch - egg white scramble with lite cheese, toast, veggies
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - french toast, lite sausage, sf syrup, veggies
snack - cherrios, banana, milk

schmoodle - I agree cookies ARE evil!. Don't hang your head in shame. We all have rough times - everyday is a new beginning.

nicolen - Yes, getting back into the routine at work is sometimes tough. Good planning to the the gym tomorrow!

mj5 - I hope you get a hold of the doctor. Yes...you DO motivate others!

rakel & sara - I hope you guys can get some sleep. It may sound silly - but, when I can't sleep - a glass of warm milk does it for my (tripophan in the milk, I think).

I hope you all have a GREAT day. Drink lots of water - do the best you can.

cckayac
12-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Hello all I would like to join your group for a little extra support for the new year coming. I also did some unhealthy food intakes over the last month or so extra stress and holidays mixed together doesn't make for a healthy me. I have set some new goals for myself being in more control daily, doing something each day for me, eat healthy and fit in my exercise no matter whats going on. I am not putting a lb. amt that I want to lose figure if I do all the above it will follow hopefully I am right with that one. I have a trip to HI in March to see my new grandson and want to be feeling great and look healthy too. I plan on it anyways at this pt. want to make it happen! I am a young gram, like to kayak, camp, knit, sew quilts, gamble a bit for fun only, and just enjoy life. Look forward to knowing you gals here. Social work is my line of work and I work with special folks and its rewarding but also can be stressful at times. Thats it! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1 raisin english muffin with a little jam no butter
Snack: plans etc. 1 fiber bar one bar
Lunch: salad with low cal dres.
Snack: 1 orange
Dinner: homemade pizza with veggies and hot peppers some cheese
Snack: a glass of red wine or maybe two.
No eating past 7:30 Lots of water only blk coffee
A visit to the gym to work out at least 45 min.

mj5
12-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone! Wow, today was SUPER busy! It was good though, I was able to get a lot accomplished. I am off from work Monday and Tuesday and I am VERY excited about that! A much needed long weekend!

I'll try to pop back in later, but if not tomorrow. No gym tonight, but I am going to do my new workout dvd at home later. I am really excited to give it a try! It's a WATP one w/ resistance bands. Even hubby said he might try it.

rakel
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, I'm losing about a lb a day (starting from around 278) for the past few days, it's probably just water because I haven't really been exercising or anything, which I really need to start up again. I just feel so... unmotivated and kinda "blah". The holidays were nice but over all but I'm just not as happy as I usually am, I'm not myself.

Purplefirefly
12-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Rakel--a pound a DAY? Wow, that is amazing...whatever it is, hope it keeps working!

I have been MIA, but know that I am still working hard, pluggijng away here, though the scale seems stuck at 236 this week..that's okay, that surprise lb from last week is staying off at least. Hubby is home and kids are nuts needing help with all the new toys...hopefully I can get back to normal and be around more when they start back to school on the 2nd. Tomorrow is a birthday party of daughter's friend, no temptations there.

rakel
12-29-2007, 03:28 AM
purplefly -- yeah I think it's just because I've had a lot of salty foods lately and so I was retaining some water and now that's getting all sorted out. I doubt I have lost that much FAT! I won't be losing any more fat until I get back down to 274. I was 276 today, so who knows! :P

Beverlyjoy
12-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi folks...I squeeked through a healthy day - I've got two under my belt (literally!) since my five day food bender around Christmas. I am hoping I can build on this. My plans:

meditation
stretching and movement
water, water, water
journal food

plans

breakfast - grits, ff cheese, flax, applesauce
snack - veggie
lunch - turkey and lite cheese, open face, mashed carrots and turnips
snack - banana, lite cocoa
dinner - lite grilled cheese, tomato soup, veggies and dip
snack - cherrios, strawberries, milk

Schmoodle
12-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Beverlyjoy, great job getting back on plan! I have been struggling myself. But last night I boxed up the rest of the goodies and took them to my mom's. She's got people (including us) coming for dinner tomorrow and again on New Year's. I told her to use what she can and then chuck the rest. I am back on plan as of today. On Tuesday I'll re-start Phase I of South Beach to detox and get myself back in gear. I'm going to spend the weekend planning my menus for the next two weeks, purging the kitchen of any remaining temptations, grocery shopping, and cooking.

Unfortunately, the refrigerator has been acting up, so there's not much food in there right now, so I have no idea what today's menu will look like. I'll start off with some oatmeal and go from there. That, and lots of water!

Hope you guys all have a great sugar-free weekend!

Purplefirefly
12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I had sugar today :s: I'm not sure why. Took daughter to her birthday party and they gave her a big bag of those little flavored tootsie rolls..I LOVE those things, and I ate about half her bag of them :o I counted them into my calories for the day and I am not even to 200 calories yet, so it will be fine but now I am wanting more sugar...decided to just keep under my calories for today whatever I do eat and on Monday it is back to detox. I am not really that mad at myself because I do feel in control, and I don't think it will set the scale back any.

I can't believe it's almost 2008!

Trazey34
12-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I had real oatmeal for breakie, with chopped walnuts & cranberries in it, yummers!

Lunch was a small BBQ hamburger with w.w. bun, and a side salad

Dinner is homemade turkey veg soup with some bread, yummy fruit salad for dessert

Treat is my nightly cup of tea, and I made some granola cookies, about 75 cals each and satisfy the sweetie craving for sure.

mj5
12-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone! I feel the need to put a warning first...I had a large cup of coffe late this aftenroon, something I rarely do anymore. In fact I have really been cutting back on caffeine, so if I get rambling, that's why!

Food today hasn't been great--not bad choices, I was just really busy running errands and didn't take the time to eat much. Now it is late and I am hungry. Ugh, hate when I do that to myself! I will eat something healthy and lite, but plan better for tomorrow!

Beverylyjoy--Awww, you are going to make me blush! Thanks! I think we all do a great job encouraging each other. Ugh, water. Something I rarely struggle w/ all of a sudden is an issue. That's ok, though, I will do my best to increase it!

Rakel and Sara--Do you have any kind of night time routine? I know for me, it's having a hot cup of tea and just taking some time (even if I only get a few minutes) to relax. Hope you both get some good sleep soon!

cckayac--Welcome! I work in the social work field too, I SO hear you...very rewarding, but can be even more stressful sometimes. This is a GREAT group!

rakel--How are you doing? It's pretty common to feel 'blah' after the holidays. I hope you can do something nice for yourself!

purplefirefly--You can do it!!!! Good luck w/ the toys!

Schmoodle--Good for you for having a plan! Hope the refrig is taken care of soon!!

Trazey--That oatmeal sounds great!

So, while I was running all of those errands, I was totally flirted with at the grocery store by a totally hot guy. Ahhh, did great things for my ego!

Today I did some serious bargain shopping! My neice is having her bday party on New Years Eve, so I was picking up some things for her. I found a really cool shirt for me (used a Christmas gift card, so no $ out of my pocket). My most 'expensive' purchase all day was a $4 leather 9 West purse. I couldn't believe it!!!! It is more of a summer color, so I'll probably save it for Spring at least, but I LOVE it! Even hubby couldn't complain about another purse when it was only $4!

While I was shopping (and trying on clothes) I realized that I may be able to fit into some of the pants hanging in the back of my closet. Tomorrow I will spend some time trying things on. I know there are things that won't fit, yet, but that's ok--they will sooner or later!

Ok, I really need to do a little bit of cleaning, tomorrow is my 'cooking day' for our New Year's Even dinner with friends, so it will make it much easier if I get some cleaning out of the way tonight.

Have a great night and I'll pop in tomorrow!

Purplefirefly
12-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Okay, that little bit of sugar turned into all day crazy munchies...I didn't do too bad, but went over calories and feel kinda miserable tonight. I'm going to exercise until I feel better in just a minute...I have been trying to exercise all day and couldn't get to it. Hubby had another hard night, in a horrible mood, he couldn't eat anything he wanted, nothing I had here was good enough...so we ended up wandering through the grocery store until we found a substitute for what he was wanting--chili cheese fries, but we found him something, and he is happy again :dizzy: I am so proud of him, over a month now with no sugar or "white stuff."

mj--I love finding those unbelievable bargains! I ordered some things for my daughter's birthday off Amazon the other day, they have end of year sale now and a lot of the toys are 70% off. I saved over $45 on 3 items--mostly on 2, the other was the biggest loser cookbook for me.

Beverly--great job on two healthy days! I need to crack down on myself, but it's so hard while everyone is home all day, every day, and just nothing is normal, if that makes sense. I'm going to go to the walking tack tomorrow and leave kids with hubby...it will be the first day in over two weeks that we don't have anything going on!

rakel
12-30-2007, 12:45 AM
mj -- that's true, I don't really think this is related to the holidays, but more about just about the past few months in general. It's been rough, to say the least. Getting back into the groove is hard for me, and always has been. Everything is great until something keeps me from being consistent! I've been playing the Sims 2 a LOT lately as well... I guess it's just easy to play and forget about life for awhile, I must admit, though I enjoy the game and have fun playing it too.

Beverlyjoy
12-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Hi folks - I made it through another day of healthy sane eating. That's three since Christmas. Whew! We have a dinner out on New Year's Eve and friends coming over to watch the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day. Then...finally, the party season is OVER. :)

Our neighbors and their five boys came over for a gift exchange - my friend, an artist, threw a beautiful bowl on her potter's wheel for me. She gave it to me full of Hershy dark choc. kisses. I did end up eating three - I counted them in and carried on. Unless my hubby wants them in his van - they will go down the disposal. (waaaaa...I love dark chocolate - but, I can't keep them in the house).

plans for today:

meditation
water, water water
stretches & movement
journal food

breakfast - oatmeal, flax, skim milk, ff cottage cheese
snack - pear
lunch - egg white and lite cheese omlette, brown rice, asparagus
snack - pnb toast, applesauce
dinner - don't know yet
snack - cherrios, strawberries, milk

schmoodle - glad you took the goodies to your mom.:carrot: Sounds like you have a good plan. Darn that fridge!!!

purple - I swear, sometimes sugar can be like a narcotic. That you counted it in your day is a victory:). Good luck with hubby and his food. It's hard enough to watch it for ourselves let alone others, too. Hang in there.

Rakel - I know how hard it is to get back to your plan. (been there most of my life). Drink lots of water, plan for a healthy day and do the best you can.

Trazey - yum - your breakfast sound so good, healthy and tastey too.

cckaycc - welcome - I am kind of new here. Folks are so nice, supportive and friendly.

Mj5 - busy, busy, busy - good for you - planning for a healthy meal inspite of being so busy!:)

I hope you all have a GREAT day. Today we are going to visit a friend that had knee replacement surgery and then just hang out and watch football.

-Beverly

cckayac
12-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Worked out yesterday at the gym a nice workout 70 min. and feel a bit sore today but thats a good sign I think. My intake wasn't to bad yesterday but the popcorn at the movies is a no no for sure. I did go to the health food store picked up some oats, flaxseed etc. Created some muffins which are healthy for my breakfast on the run days I will freeze them individually. I plan on a trip to the gym today to use the treadmill, swim and use the sauna. A relaxed workout. Then on monday pick it up again with the machines. Trying to fit in at least 3-4 times a week. My friend is joining and together we will motivate each other which is super.
Bev I like the idea of open faced sandwiches guess it saves us around 100 cals. I am going to use that idea. Thanks
Everyday a little more effort makes for a better life. Good luck everyone.
Yesterdays intake: scrabbled egg with a little onion 2 slices pumpernickle toast with little canola marg.
2 crab cakes small
popcorn 3 cups at the movies
one piece of choc.
cheese burger
healthy flaxseed muffin
orange juice

GirlyGirlSebas
12-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry that I've deserted everyone here during this holiday season. I must confess that I've been hiding from everyone as I've been so 100% off-plan. I'm afraid to get on the scales, but I will make myself do this on Tuesday morning. Thank God there won't be any more holiday events to worry about for quite a while! Part of my problems is that I'm feeling a bit depressed. My brother, sister-in-law and nephews will be going back out of the country at the end of the week. And, my favorite neighbors are moving at the end of this month. Additionally, the 28th was the third anniversary of my Mom's death. I thought I was handling everything pretty well....until I realized that I was searching out the sugary carbs. I always do this when I'm feeling tense or just a little down.

On Tuesday I'll re-start Phase I of South Beach to detox and get myself back in gear.

Schmoodle, this is my plan also. I lost 30 pounds this year and I know I can lose another 30 pounds or more in 2008. I need to go over the the Chicks on the Beach area on download the current phase one foods. Its been a while and I know there have been some changes. I promise everyone....I will be here everyday...no matter what happens with my plan. I really believe that the reason I actually lost weight this year and maintained that loss is because I have continued to visit 3FC almost daily.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

mj5
12-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone! I am about to start cooking for our New Year's Eve dinner w/ friends (that way I can hopefully relax tomorrow), but I thought I would pop in here first! Already a better day foodwise...I am making sure I plan to eat and have already drank lots of water!

Purplefirefly--Hope you were able to get some exercise in last night...I know what you mean, sometimes that is the only thing that will make you feel better!

Rakel--Well, if playing helps right now, then play!!!

Beverlyjoy--Yea three days!!! Good for you for getting rid of the chocolate...sometimes it's better to do that, then torture ourselves! Exactly! I have a bad habit of sometimes getting so busy running errands that I 'forget' to eat. The old me would have swung into a drive through--and I thought about it, but I actually dislike fastfood these days, so even though I thought about it -- I was in the part of town where every fastfood place is, so hard not to think about it!--I quickly pushed that thought away. Next time I will try to plan better, though.

cckayac--Sounds like a great workout! That's awesome that a friend is joining your gym!

This morning I did some cleaning, set up our new stereo (finally)....I only have two pieces leftover...hmmm, not sure what they are for! I didn't throw them away, though. I'll have hubby look at them....even after I checked the instructions, I can't figure out where they go. The sound is GREAT! Now I am going to make meatballs for the ziti we are having tomorrow. Our friends don't know it yet, but they will be eating whole wheat pasta...I'll tell them after!

mj5
12-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Rhonda--I meant to ask where you had been, but I hit 'post' before I realized I hadn't done that yet. I was afraid that you were hiding. Please don't hide from us. We aren't here to judge. We will support you always. That being said, I certainly understand needing some time to process everything you are going through. You can do this!!!!!

Purplefirefly
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I am officially focused again, ready to hit my first big goal..which I am only 5 lb. away from! I am content to maintain when I weigh tomorrow morning, and that is fine. I still lost 7 lb. this month (maybe 8, but I think the one lb was last week of Nov)--when I usually pack on at least that, with the everyday is Christmas mentality. I am proud of myself!

I sat down last night and worked out my exercise for this week, and then my calories and I am ready! I included today in my plan, give myself an extra day to strive for a loss next week! I really feel focused today, like making those plans last night just set in stone what I am GOING to do.

Welcome cckaycc! This is a very good group, and site as a whole, if you stick around you will reach your goals. You really sound like you know what you are doing and will succeed.

Sebas--I know the tendancy to hide when things are off plan. It is a big step to recognize what is driving the need for those foods, now you can find something else to substitute the food. exercise maybe, just a little 5-10 minutes of movement when you feel those urges? That is a lot emotionally to deal with, and it is so hard to overcome emotional eating :hug: but I know you can, and will do it.

Beverly--:carrot: three days is awesome, keep rockin' girl!

rakel--I understand the zoning out to the game...I do the same things when under a lot of stress. It's escape mechanism, but I have been exercising instead lately and that helps even more. :hug: you are dealing with so much right now anyway.

cckayac
01-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Mj5 thanks for the welcome and I look forward to the accountability here. I am trying to get in the swing of things too. I shopped for my mom who is 86 today got a 100.00 outfit for 17.00 with a coupon. Cool huh?
Purplefirefly thanks for thw welcome.
I hope to get to know you all better soon.
I am really motivated lately to make some positive changes. Doing a food journal is one of the things I need to get back into. Because I find that extra cal.s just slip in to easily.
Last couple of months were stressful as my hubby had a valve replacement and being a caretaker is stressful. I think not putting on only a couple of extra lbs. during that time period was lucky for me.
My son and his family live in HI Maui and I am forward bound towards the end of March to meet my new gs. So I have a real goal to tighten the ship here and get myself moving in the right direction. Looks like you have all made some great changes and lost lbs. so I will be glad to join in and learn some new stragies as well. I read somewhere that before going to the ref. to snack go to the scale and you will back off. I am not sure if I would beable to handle that but a little added exercise might be an idea or jumping on the web and looking up healthy ideas.
Well its wed.a.m. and I am ready to have a good day. I am starting off with oatmeal freshly made with a few walnuts and some bs and cinn. Then its off to work. I made a salad with chicken, romaine, veggies for lunch I will add in a few croutons for a crunch. This afternoon I plan on working out again yes! I seem to be serious this time. Dinner will be shrimp stir fry which I will create with lots of veggies. Take care and have a healthy day!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi CCkay. Sounds like you have a great menu planned for you day and will have a great on-plan day!

Please watch for our new accountability/planning/menu thread that one of us starts each Monday. We don't want to lose contact with you! :hug: