LA Weight Loss - Dec. 24-29 Losers and Friends Thread

Dan2112
12-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Good morning ladies.. I realize I just screwed up the dates for the thread, but I don't know how to change them at this point.... Sorry!

I'm starting this thread a bit early....

Liz and I are off to her parent's today for Christmas.. Should be a nice uneventful trip.. At least I can hope...

I've come to the realization that we spent WAY WAY WAY Too much this Christmas, but the good news is that we didn't go into debt for it... What really comes to mind is that we need to work on curbing our spending...

POP eating has taken a bit of a beating this weekend, but we weren't too bad.. I'm hoping her parents are still in diet mode...

Anyway.. May all of you celerating, have a blessed and very safe Christmas... We'll see you either Wednesday night or Thursday...

Cheers!!

Debbie24
12-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Morning everyone.

Dan congrats on all the weight you have lost. Are you following the purple plan? My DH is starting the diet with me next week and i just want to make sure that the purple plan is right for him. From what i remember all men follow the same plan.

Dan do you have any tips for my DH? From your experience has it been easy to lose the weight? I know everyone is always saying that men lose faster but have you experienced that? You've done great.

We've been waiting to start because i'm not 100% sure which plan i should be following since i'm breastfeeding but this old LAWL file i have says Red, i was actually thinking i'll follow purple also. Still not too sure, if anyone has any advice i'd appreciate it.

I cant wait to get started, i really need to go get some groceries & figure out which plan we need to be on. I definitely want to get started by Jan 1st. I really want to start because i'm feeling like such a fatty.

Anyway i hope everyone has a good Christmas.

EmilyLashea
12-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Good Morning everyone! :wave:

Happy Christmas Eve! :) I'm getting that excitement like a child.. I Love Christmastime!

Dan- 2 weeks in a row starting the thread.. have you made that your mission now? ;)

I'm working, so I really don't have much time to do the individual check-in's.. I'll catch up on that later...

Everyone be safe as you are out travelling and celebrating the holidays!

dolphn545
12-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Today we are celebrating our Christmas, since I have to work tomorrow. It just doesn't seem the same though. This will be the first time in about 20 years that I was not with my WHOLE family for Christmas. :(
We are planning a trip to Buffalo next weekend though, to spend with the family.

I got a digital scale. It is WAYYYY off from the dial up scale, so I will have to adjust my ticker. Needless to say, my New Years goal will not be met. I am now in the deficit of weight. But, I also have not been POP the last couple days. Too many goodies at work, and not enough will power. cookies, homemade fudge, rum balls, etc ... Even back to drinking diet soda at work, instead of water. When I stick with just water, the pounds melt away.

I know when we go into Buffalo I will be having pizza & wings, so I may just need to maintain where I'm at for right now until after that trip. Not that I can't get pizza & wings anytime here, but that's not the same neither. We got used to one particular place, and everytime we visit, we have to order from there.

I will still be checking in.

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas, and that santa is good to you all!

michie
12-24-2007, 10:47 AM
is it bad that i am not completely done shopping yet? no, right? that's normal isn't it? everyone waits until xmas eve to finish their shopping, right??!? i guess i am going to find out when i head to the mall aren't i????!?!?

i will be spending xmas with my DBF's family. they are generally healthy, but during the holidays they can go crazy... mashed potatoes with heavy whipping cream??? not the best for my plan i bet! so i will kindly make goood choices without making them feel bad. i hope!

in anticipation of the terrible eating i will do today i went to the gym for like 3 hours yesterday! not sure if that is good for you or not.... but it was fun! (i'm not crazy.. my DBF is a lifeguard at a Y and i went to work with him and worked out while he worked! see... not crazy at all!) so i will keep all that work in mind while we're sitting at the dinner table!

i think my COD is open today, so i should go and check in between my shopping! i will keep you all posted! have a very very happy holiday and be POP!

Michelle

dolphn545
12-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Michelle - this is the first year in a very long time that I am not out shopping on Christmas Eve! I have ALWAYS shopped on Christmas Eve, usually because that's the way my paycheck would fall! And each and every year, I say I'm not doing this again, and that I will start shopping in January :blah: :blah: :blah: and never do. I actually just finished my shopping 2 days ago.

Have fun!

ferrarimomof2
12-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Michelle- I just finished my shopping yesterday and for the past 5 years it has been that way. So, I would say that it is completely normal.

I went to WI today and was down to 189. We stay home on Christmas day and my parents come over so I should be able to stick to plan tomorrow. Although, I must say I didn't do bad yesterday. We had Christmas at my parents and I made macaroni and cheese for the whole family and fresh green beans and squash the way I can eat it. I made enough for the whole family and told them it had no salt and to please add it on their plates. I had leftovers to bring home. I was not surprised there was a lot of food there and I almost caved in. My family is real understanding when I tell them I will cook certain things so I can eat them. I have been on so many diets they are used to it.

I hope that everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.

bayoubelle68
12-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Merry Christmas, everybody! Our kids were both in our bed this morning by 4:45, but we were able to hold them off until 5. Then they burst into the living room and the fun began! It was loud and crazy and wonderful. I've cleaned up the rubble left over and they are now playing quietly with their toys. DH took DS outside for a little while to try out his new bike. Now DH is out running 4 miles in this cold!

I'm in the middle of packing to go to our parents' - DH's mom lives just 3 miles from my parents, so we will stay a few days and visit everyone. I don't intend to be POP while we're there. I will enjoy what I want to, but much more in moderation than in years past. I made over half of the food for my mom and dad's - we always do finger foods - and substituted low-fat or fat-free where it was an option, so I've already made healthier choices. Of course, there's not much you can do to lighten up Oreo balls (a pack of Oreos and a block of cream cheese in the food processor until smooth. Form into balls, refrigerate until firm, dip in chocolate. Make embarassing noises while eating them!). But I took a lot of fat and calories out of several old favorites.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful holiday!

bradleys mom
12-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Good Morning and Merry Christmas! DS is still in bed! I am trying to get back on track! I think I have gained around 3 or 4 pounds! :O My plan has had absolutely no structure for about 5 days. I am supposed to WI tomorrow and I am going to get a major chewing out! I think I may wait and WI on Friday and give myself a couple days to recover.... :) Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

whatazoo
12-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Merry Christmas all. I am with Kimberly, I have also gone off plan the last few days... I am up 3 on my scale. UGH. I go to COD to w/i on Thurs and Friday, hope to see a decrease in the scale by then. Ah well, I have weight loss weeks for 4 more weeks after this one. We'll see what happens the next month. Now, I'm off to my grandparents for dinner (lunch) - roast beef for sure, I am taking a relish tray and the pumpkin pudding (thanks Lynn) so there are some things that are good for me!

michie
12-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Merry Christmas!!! It's a little weird to wake up on Christmas by myself... my family moved to Nevada and I'm in California all alone! Okay I'm not alone, but I think I need to get married soon so I have someone to open gifts with in the morning! Sorry for that... I'm done whining.

Had dinner with my DBF's family last night. It was surprisingly health as far as i could tell. Had the most delicious spinach salad and ham... and some Russian Salad i think it's called.. so good! I didn't feel too bad after dinner. Even dessert wasn't bad!

However, today I am having dinner with my BFF and her family friends. She was telling me about some pumpkin ball thing covered in milk chocolate that is covered in white chocolate... i didn't get it, but it did not sound OP! Whatever, it's the holidays!

Hope everyone has a very blessed and happy day! Take care and be safe! (And stay POP! ;))

dolphn545
12-25-2007, 04:17 PM
:clause::present:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!

bradleys mom
12-25-2007, 09:25 PM
After the post earlier, I felt extra guilty, so I went for a jog. And I was closer to being on plan today than any day this past week! I had 2 bites of carrot cake (carrot is a veggie right? jk) and I had a couple pieces of Russell Stovers SF candies. I had a Tbsp each of mashed potatoes, stuffing, and I had about a cup of green beans and a lot of turkey (no skin). So I feel like I did very well considering the rampage I have been on (and TOM being here didnt help at ALL)... I also got in about a 20 minute workout, (would have been 30 but I almost threw my back out, can anyone say SCIATIC NERVE??)

The good news is I have to work the next three days and I almost always stay on plan while I am at work because everything is pre-planned...Speaking of planned, I better go cook my breakfast! I feel some HLW is in order for tonight! Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and I hope you all with me plan on getting back on track (if you fell off our wagon! lol)

aguerin
12-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Good Morning All and Welcome back to work! Hope Santa was good to everyone.

I had a very good Christmas. I really enjoy being with Family and Friends during the holidays. I have out-done myself on the eating though. We won't go into that; and I still have 2 more dinners to go to (tonight and Friday night). Does it ever end?

My goal is to get back on track as much as possible over the next few days, but enjoy myself at the dinners. I will re-focus on the 31st and of course I am avoiding the scale. I should probably step on it to give me a shock so I do'nt over do it at the next two free-for-alls. :)

Congrats to you that were able to stick to plan!

JerseyMadchen
12-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Good morning guys! I hope everyone had a great CHristmas! I sure did!

Dan, I too went over te top with spending. Each year I say I am going to cut back...

Kimberly et al, don't worry about sliding off the wagon. I am sure we all did it one way or another! I sure did! We'll all be back on it within a few days and losing!

Hope you all have a great recovery day today!

cecil
12-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh my goodness I was sooo bad, but I am right back on track today that's all that I can do? I guess i will go weigh in tomorrow not looking forward to it at all. Ha! Congrats to everyone who stayed POP! That wasn't me!

BarbaraB
12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Cecil, I too slipped into some old bad habits this holiday, but I really feel that the secret to long term weight management success is just getting right back on the plan when you've slipped off. So let's all get back to being healthy.

I hope everyone had a good holiday time!

Now what to do with the leftover cheese cake???? What was I thinking when I baked it? OK I used the reduced fat cream cheese and the non fat sour cream, so it was not so very bad (yet so very good!).

cecil
12-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh Barbara! I know what you mean everyone wanted to send goodies home so I said I would take some for my BF but of course I had to have a little taste. Ha!. I just have my birthday on Friday and then New years and everything will be right back to normal. Thanks for the encouraging words.

EmilyLashea
12-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Hope everyone had a great Chirstmas! :) I did, and I'm sure the scales will show it!

Felicia- Oreo balls... sounds like Heaven! [or ****? depending on which way you choose to look at it :)]

I was definately not POP, although I didn't do too terribly bad either. Dessert, which is where I usually fall, was as close to POP as was possible. I passed on the cheesecake for angel food cake and fresh strawberries.

Work is crazy busy today! everyone bringing back in all the money they got for Christmas.. I'll check in later.. Everyone have a great night! :)

Julzanne72
12-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Merry Christmas to all-hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I was pretty good over the holidays with the exception of yesterday-tried, but just too many good things to eat. So over the weekend from last Saturday to my WI today I was up a lb. But honestly-I am so happy w/ my progress so far and I am back to POP today-I know that by the time I go back to my next WI on Saturday that that lb. wil be gone and then some. They did my first measurement today and I have also lost 8.5-inches in 3 1/2 weeks, so I am totally happy with how things are going for me. They told me today also that when I lose another 3 lbs that I will be switching to a new plan. I can't say enough about how much I love this plan and how well it is working for me. The thought of being able to shop in the stores I want to and not be emarassed to wear shorts/swimsuits next summer is actually in my sights now and I will not stop until I am there!

Dan2112
12-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Morning everyone.

Dan congrats on all the weight you have lost. Are you following the purple plan? My DH is starting the diet with me next week and i just want to make sure that the purple plan is right for him. From what i remember all men follow the same plan.

Dan do you have any tips for my DH? From your experience has it been easy to lose the weight? I know everyone is always saying that men lose faster but have you experienced that? You've done great.

We've been waiting to start because i'm not 100% sure which plan i should be following since i'm breastfeeding but this old LAWL file i have says Red, i was actually thinking i'll follow purple also. Still not too sure, if anyone has any advice i'd appreciate it.

I cant wait to get started, i really need to go get some groceries & figure out which plan we need to be on. I definitely want to get started by Jan 1st. I really want to start because i'm feeling like such a fatty.

Anyway i hope everyone has a good Christmas.

Hey Debbie.. Sorry it took me a while to respond. We've been out of town for the holiday and made a point NOT to take our laptop! I started the program on Red, moved to blue for a while, back to red and then to purple.. Since our COD closed before I met my goal, I'm not sure if I should've stayed purple or not.. However, since I did reach my goal, it didn't hurt...

It all depends on where your DH is right now with his weight, level of physical activity and his work schedule... Give me some of the particulars and I'll give you some opinions.. Keep in mind that I can only base what I think on my personal experience, so what worked for me may not work for him..

The important thing is to get rid of the bad foods from the house.. If you're both doing it, there's no excuse to have real butter, sodas, bags of chips, candy or even real salt lying around, waiting to be used.. We thought it would be hard on the kids when we started this, but they've not missed the bad foods as much as we thought they would... If you remove the temptations, you'll be ahead in the game for him so succeed...

Dan2112
12-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Sorry to double post, but I thought I'd add that Liz and I did "ok" while down in Roswell... With her dad on a diet too, we avoided a lot of the bad stuff, but still had our fair share of starches and fats.. Luckily there were a lot of fruit and veggies around too..

That said, I just had a small handful of DS's holiday M&M's.. LOL...

We got back from Roswell this afternoon and decided we didn't really want to cook, so I picked up a roasted chicken at the store.. Sure, full of salt, but at least it wasn't fried!! We've been chugging a lot of water the past couple days, so I hope it won't hit us too hard..

Hope you all had a great holiday!!

IKIF
12-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Merry XMAS to all -- I've never posted on these posts before :D -- umm I fell terribly this past days (24-25) not enough proteins, 1 too many starches, non-existent veggies // terrible

*~* today, so far, has been POP; but I'm really unmotivated, uncommitted -- I don't know what's wrong with me I've spent a lot of money on this and as I get closer to goal I start indulging myself...

Debbie24
12-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Dan i totally understand, i knew you wouldnt be back until today or tomorrow.

Anyway DH weighs about 175 and only wants to lose about 15-20lbs. I have an old LAWL file that was sold on ebay (i didnt buy it, someone sent it to me) and it says for healthy male you should not drop below purple. I think thats the plan we will both be on. He's never dieted and i know its going to be tough on him so i'm just trying to get some info to keep him motivated.

I'm trying to get rid of some of the junk in the house but not the healthy way. I've been snacking on so much junk but i think thats because we didnt go grocery shopping this week and dont have too many healthy things at home right now.

We're getting lots of fruits and veggies this weekend and also a juicer to help with consuming 4v a day, hopefully it will help. Veggies has always been the hardest for me.

The kids love chocolate and cookies so i know they will miss it but they are young so they will adjust. I dont think it will be too hard for them, it definitely wont be too hard for me because i know i'll be doing the best for them. They need to learn early to eat healthy or they will be fighting the weight like we are.

How much has your wife lost, if you dont mind me asking? Are you losing more than she is? Do you guys compete? I think its great to have DH diet with me this time, it will make it easier. I hated cooking separately for myself the last time i was on LAWL.

Thats great that you managed to be good over the holidays.

ETA: Dan i forgot to add that my DH works as a mail carrier, sometimes he walks all day and sometimes he drives. He drinks a ton of water all day but he loves chocolate and sodas.

Dan2112
12-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Debbie...

Since he walks all day, I'm not sure he'd be put on purple, but perhaps blue.. That said, I failed miserably on blue.. The COD figured out I wasn't getting enough protein... Start him off on purple and see how it goes..

As for the kiddos.. The way Liz and I have worked around the snacks in the house is that we get them fruit snacks and other 100 calories treats.. They can take them in their lunches and more importantly, I can't be bothered to break open a bag to indulge...

You will learn to eat your veggies soon enough.. I NEVER ate veggies unless I had to, and now I've learned to tolerate brocoli, asperagus, and even zucini... Look for ways of cooking it without using lots of oil and salt and you're good to go...

Getting rid of the bad stuff is the main thing.. If it's in the house, you'll eat it.. Should you get an urge to pig out once it's gone, you'll be less likely to run to the store to buy a bag of chips or fries... By the time you've grabbed the keys and made it out the driveway, your conscious will have hopefully won the battle and you'll go back inside and have an apple!!

If your hubby ditches the sodas and chocolate (replace with sugar free candies and no more than two diet drinks a day!!) and increases his lean proteins (especially important because of his daily walking), he'll dump that 20 in no time.. It's also very important to look at what he eats for lunch.. He's got to ditch the processed beef or turkey sandwiches, if that's what he's eating.. deli meats are a diet killer.. Make him (or show him how to make himself) fresh, salt free beef roast or roasted turkey breast.. then use that for sandwiches.. Instead of two slices of bread (even if he uses "lite" bread, use whole wheat pita pockets...

I also recommend buying a food saver or one of those new handheld vacu-sealers.. That way the food you make will last longer...

As for Liz, she's dropped 30 or so.. It's been really frustrating for her, because even though she followed the same restrictions I did (more on that in a minute), she stuggled for every pound.. She has some medicine that works against weight loss, but even so, she's gotten discouraged...

Now, speaking about restrictions, you and he will HAVE to follow the plan to the letter.. if you do well during the week but then slack off during the weekend, you're wasting your time... As you approach goal, your body will be more forgiving towards an occasional cheat, but for now, you have to stick to it.. Otherwise your body won't be shocked into losing the weight.. As we progress through the diet, the body is better able to expell the bad stuff, rather than just pile it on as it does right now...

Sarah.. Similar message for you.. As you approach goal, you mentally and physically get accostomed to the "new you" and while that's a good thing, it also leads to more cheating.. Once in a while becomes once a day and that's not gonna cut it... You have to stick it out and make it to the maintenence phase.. Then you can start adding in more of the things you haven't been able to.. The more you nibble on this or snack on that, the longer it's gonna take.. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Debbie24
12-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Dan thank you for all the advice. DJ usually has leftovers from the night before for lunch the next day so as long as i make it everything will be fine. He has a huge problem with breakfast and snack time but i'm going to try to prepare everything for him so that should be taken care of also. He also doesnt like yogurt but i'm going to try to work on that because he cant have milk and cheese everyday for his dairy.

We probably have veggies about 3 times a week, which is soo horrible. I know if i tried a bit harder we would be having more. DH is very picky with his fruits and veggies so i think the juicer will help & since most store bought juice is not on plan anyway we will still be able to have a glass of juice a day & still get some of the fruits and veggies in.

I'm so sorry to hear that Liz is having a tough time. When i was on LAWL 2yrs ago i lost the 1st 30lbs with no problems but getting the last 15 off was very hard then when i was down to 132 (goal was 125) i started getting really discouraged and cheated alot which led to a gain. I agree that it gets easier to cheat when you are close to goal but its the worst time. I wont be making that mistake this time.

Goodluck to you both, whats your goal now?

EmilyLashea
12-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Good Morning All :)

Just checking in, but not really much to tell.. since, to be honest, i have been so NOT POP lately. I haven't been particularly bad, but also not sticking to getting everything in. I suppose I should go to the grocery store and pick up some things, but I am so.. blah! I haven't been feeling good for the past few days (cold/sinus) and haven'te really felt like doing much of anything.

Plus, I know that when I go there will be no fresh fruits that I want which will irritate me. I love fruit, just a limited variety.. the variety that happens to be seasonal. Strawberries, particularly.. and green grapes. And I just can't do 3 apples a day :no:

I just need a good kick in the rear and some motivational speaking [Dan, you've got the motivational thing down.. help me out!:listen:]

Debbie- I just have to tell you.. your boys are gorgeous! :)

Have a great day everybody! :wave:

Debbie24
12-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Emily thank you.

I'm with you, i have nothing in my house right now that would be OP. I really need to get to the grocery store but i'm not lugging 3 kids so i'll just have to wait until the weekend. oh wait i'm lying a bit, i have yogurt and an orange tree in the back yard. I should get off the computer and pick some oranges before the baby wakes up.

I agee that eating 3 apples a day wouldnt be good, neither would eating 3 oranges :). I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

I'm sure Dan will be by soon with some encouraging words.

i'm off to pick some oranges..

Julzanne72
12-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Good morning to all. I am feeling pretty good today-after my christmas gorgefest...I only gained a lb and was POP and back to getting my water in yesterday and glad to say that nasty lb is gone and then some. Been POP today-but I too need to get to the grocery store. My fruit supply is dwindling as is my veggies....:) So I will try to swing in there tonight after work and my workout. I have some Christmas returns to take care of tonight as well. I am only working until 430-today-so I started eating my meals a little earlier, it will be nice to have my last meal in by 7-730...:) I know my DH is probably sick of chicken-and I have just been moved to the expanded menu plan-so maybe tonight I will make him something with red meat:) Everyone have a great day and try to stay POP:)

Dan2112
12-27-2007, 11:18 AM
My goal now, Debbie, seems to be to lose the weight l seemed to have picked up over the holiday... Sigh...

When it comes to yogurt, have him try the "Lite and Fit" smooties.. The rasberry and strawberry in particular... On of those counts at 1 dairy.. I have one with some fruit for breakfast most mornings.. Depending on what I'm having for lunch, I will also have a piece of toast or lite english muffin...

Repo girl
12-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Good morning everyone! I am back on plan, trying to be honest with myself. I am going to follow the normal old red plan. I did so much better on that than anything else. I am really getting back to my old lifestyle. I have gained at least half of my weight back. I can see that things are not working really well for me. First of all, I did so much better when I worked from home. A lot less stress, home to prepare my meals, and time to exercise. That being said, due to a lack of contract resolution, I have quit my job. I will be done there on Jan 30th, and back to home daycare on Feb 1st. I am so excited for this to happen. I have really missed being home. I have missed being able to get online and visit with you guys too. I will drop these pounds easily once I am home and able to keep on top of life. I am going to start now though. No reason to mess around for another month, right?

Have a wonderful day everyone!

sscott
12-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! I had a wonderful Christmas. My DD is 10months old and had a blast. She got spoiled rotten! Now the trick is finding places for all the new toys. Yicks! Not enough room! Food wise I have been way off! I feel like I have fallen back into some bad habits. I think I am in a tough spot in the program. The new excitements has worn off, but I haven't done it long enough to make it a habit. Falling back into old habits was way too easy it's scary! I am feeling so discouraged lately. My husband has lost over 35lbs and I was at 20lbs before Christmas. I just wish I could lose as fast as him. Frustrating! Maybe things would go better if I jumped off this pity wagon and just got to work! :) We have dinner plans tonight, but I am going to try my hardest to stay POP as much as possible!

Dan - I know you are the "salt police" so maybe you could help me out by explaining why salt is so bad for me. Does it just make our bodies retain fluids? Will you help me understand the reasoning behind the anti-salt? I need things to make sense to me :)

Also, I was reading in our local news paper the other day an article about water. The article was stating the the 8 glasses of water a day was a myth and not necessary. What do you guys all think? I try to get all my water in every day. It makes me feel better. I wanted to get opinions from the people in the trenches!

Well, I look forward to hearing from you all. Enjoy your day!

Lynx
12-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Good Morning All :)

And I just can't do 3 apples a day

Hi Emily,
Isn't plan 2 just 2 fruits a day? Also, I have found that it is important to measure fruit weights because an average apple actually counts as 2 fruits. Per the plan booklet, a 4 oz apple = 1 fruit. It is hard to find apples small enough so that they weigh only 4 oz. I just happen to have a fruit basket and I just weighed 3 apples. The smallest one I have on hand is 5 oz; then another one is 9 oz and the last one is 10 oz.

I just had a pear and it weighed enough that it is both my fruits for today.

Hope everyone has a great day.....

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Lynx
12-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey Katie,
We missed you and your wit....... Glad to see you back on board..

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

bradleys mom
12-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Would someone please come remoe all the christmas goodies from my home and my work!!!!!! They are attacking me! So far so good today. I only ate a mini hershey this morning.

I will post a new avatar soon, I got 7 inches cut off my hair yesterday! BIG change!

MTdebster921
12-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey guys,

I am back once again. Now that the month of he** is over for me, it's back to some sense of normalcy. The bad part is that during that month, I relied on fast food, frozen meals and the vending machine to get me through. So need I say I have gained some weight back. Last week I drug my butt into the COD and faced my demons. As of yesterday, hopefully, I am back in the game. DH is going to join me starting the next week too, so that will help.

Katie- It's good to see you. I am glad that you are going back to you home daycare. You could tell that you were so much happier when you were doing that. Let's stick together and get this stinkin weight off.

Today my goal is to get my exercise room cleaned out so I can use it. I have been getting some stuff packed up to donate to the Salvation Army, and can't get to the exercise equipment.

aguerin
12-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome back Repo and Debster, we have missed you. Where is that Nicole Girl. and Lettie? Oh yea, Lettie is in Flordia. I guess Nichole is under a mound of wrapping paper and boxes and can't get out as of yet.

I cannot face the scale until next week. I just refuse to see the damage that this Christmas eating has done until it is all over. I am trying to eat my fruits and veggies during the day, but then the dinners come and I just start grazing.

At least this year my New Years resolution won't have to be to lose weight. I have already done that and will only need to trim off the Holiday Fat. LOL

You gotta love it though when your family starts digging for before pictures to show you how fat you were and exclaiming that they didn't realize you had gotten that big. Yep, my favorite SIL. You know the one, that only calls when when she wants something. Her.

BarbaraB
12-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Debbie and Katie, So good to see you back again!

I have got to throw out that cheese cake, as I ate some for breakfast. Yikes! Oh well... at least I made it in the low fat version so I can count the exchanges (and have that many to count) and go on with my day. Sometimes it is hard to stop eating the bad stuff.... Perhaps I can get my DH to throw the cheesecake out for me, as I seem unable to throw away perfectly good cheesecake.

Anyway, tonight I will hit the elliptical trainer and see how many calories I can burn off in an hour. I think I will challenge myself to do some extra exercising to counterbalance the extra eating that I've already done.

aguerin
12-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Nice new pic Barbara. I had to laugh about the cheesecake comment. That sounds just like me. I struggle with waste, but then again, it doesn't look that good on my hips right? I have some house cleaning to do today also.

BarbaraB
12-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Amy, I got a new camera for Christmas.

Wow, your SIL actually said that? It does not look to me as if you were ever all THAT large, what a rather rude thing to say.

My mom saw me and said look at my skinny daughter! That was nice of her to say. Well, at least I thought so, my sisters didn't. LOL. I hadn't seen her since last Christmas, and I had already lost most of my weight by then, so it was especially nice to hear that he last 10-15 pounds made a big difference, since I felt that they had.

Repo girl
12-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for all of the welcomes back everybody!

Deb- We are in it for the long haul!

I posted a pic of my daughters and me, and a true weight tracker. I was glad to see that the damage was not as bad as I had first thought. So far POP today!!!

pjbeau
12-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Just a quick check in. We had a nice holiday...much better than I anticipated, being so soon after FIL passed. I have been trying to go back and read some threads to catch up on everyone's progress and activities. Reading the threads has helped get me back into the right state of mind to recommit to getting healthy. I have not really got back on plan yet though. Tonight I am going to plan out my meals for next week, and tomorrow I will get all stocked up on fruits, veggies, etc. I'm going to start fresh on Saturday morning, counting and measuring all my foods.

ferrarimomof2
12-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a terrific Christmas. I have not been able to read through all the posts but wanted to say hey. I have to go get my bridesmaid dress altered. It is great. I tried it on and it is too big. I just hope my mom can take it up. The wedding is Saturday. I went and weighed in yesterday and was down a 1/2 pound. I have been POP except for the bite of mom's dressing I had. But it must not have hurt. Well, I better go and will try to address everyone later. Have a great night.

Dan2112
12-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! I had a wonderful Christmas. My DD is 10months old and had a blast. She got spoiled rotten! Now the trick is finding places for all the new toys. Yicks! Not enough room! Food wise I have been way off! I feel like I have fallen back into some bad habits. I think I am in a tough spot in the program. The new excitements has worn off, but I haven't done it long enough to make it a habit. Falling back into old habits was way too easy it's scary! I am feeling so discouraged lately. My husband has lost over 35lbs and I was at 20lbs before Christmas. I just wish I could lose as fast as him. Frustrating! Maybe things would go better if I jumped off this pity wagon and just got to work! :) We have dinner plans tonight, but I am going to try my hardest to stay POP as much as possible!

Dan - I know you are the "salt police" so maybe you could help me out by explaining why salt is so bad for me. Does it just make our bodies retain fluids? Will you help me understand the reasoning behind the anti-salt? I need things to make sense to me :)

Also, I was reading in our local news paper the other day an article about water. The article was stating the the 8 glasses of water a day was a myth and not necessary. What do you guys all think? I try to get all my water in every day. It makes me feel better. I wanted to get opinions from the people in the trenches!

Well, I look forward to hearing from you all. Enjoy your day!

Well, a big part of it is water retention.. But there are also problems associated with blood pressure.. I'm obviously not a doctor, but there's a lot of info out there on how too much salt can be bad for you...

Salt is a natural, needed part of our diets, but we consume so much more per day than we need. I've read that on average, we consume 4,000 mgs of sodium, which is way more than we need...

equinetcan
12-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm glad to see that pretty much everyone had a good holiday even with the minor (or major) indulgences that we did. I though and very glad its over as this was the first time I was ever completely alone for xmas and it was awful but I made it through with only a little damage I think.

About 2 weeks before xmas I applied for a promotion at work and last friday I found out I got it. So that was a nice present. It means a significant pay raise and move to salary instead of hourly.

Now we just all have to get through new years. I don't expect it to be too bad for me as I don't think I am going anywhere. I am off from jan 1-8 inclusive so I get a little break before I start the new position sometime mid to late January.

I get weighed tomorrow so I'll post again then to see how much damage I really did this week.

Have a good evening everyone!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Hellooooooooooo out there! MAN, I havent made a post on here in 2 weeks! That must be a record for me!

Hope everybody had a great Christmas!

Update on my mom, shes doing fantastic! The physical therapist is way impressed with her progress from her knee replacement!

Its wonderful seeing lots of oldies returning, jump back on track and you'll recover in no time! Preaching to the choir here! I ate terrible for a couple of days and my tummy rebelled. I've had a virus I guess for 3 days now. All I've had to eat is toast and tea, yuck! The amazing part though? The scale hasnt gone down at all, sheesh! LOL Oh well, this too shall pass!

dolphn545
12-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Just a quick check in.

Katie - good to see you back!!

We are going away this weekend, so I don't think I will be posting at all. I may be able to hop on tomorrow evening though.

bayoubelle68
12-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey, everybody! We just got home from visiting our parents and, although the visit was wonderful, it's good to be home and away from all that food! Everybody in my family loves to cook and Mom and Daddy's house was filled with yummies. I haven't stepped on a scale, but I feel horrible! I'm actually quite nauseated and I'm sure it's from all the sweets and fatty foods that I've eaten in the last few days. Funny how my body just doesn't want that stuff anymore! I will likely do a TO tomorrow and Saturday - just to get myself back on track.

I'm exhausted and I just want to go to bed, but we have a carpenter coming early in the morning, so I will be up for a little while cleaning.

Great news! Our old house has been on the market for about 2 weeks and our realtor called DH this morning to say that a lady who has asked to see the house more than once is planning to make an offer in the next day or so. That would be an AWESOME Christmas gift! I'm not counting on it just yet, but I sure hope things come through!

Dan2112
12-28-2007, 12:54 AM
That's fantastic news Felicia!!! I hope it all works out for you!

Have a great night, all.. See you tomorrow!

aguerin
12-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Welcome back Kim. We have missed you. Glad to hear your mom is doing so well.

Felicia - Good Luck on the possible offer on your house. That will be a nice Christmas Present.

Congrats on the promotion Alannah. That is also a great Christmas Present.

O.K. THis morning I had the face off with the scale and it was not pretty. But I'm not worried. I mean I got it off before right? What is 7 pounds to a professional LAWLer? Nadda. I just hope I haven't lost focus. :o)

I have the last of the Christmas dinners tonight and then I will try to get refocused on Saturday. Maybe with a Take Off or Express or something.

EmilyLashea
12-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Good Morning! :)

Lynn- Plan 2 is usually only 2 fruits, but I, being the veggie-phobe that I am do not get in the veggies I am supposed to, so I have an extra fruit and 1/2 dairy a day.

Felicia- Good Luck with the offer on the house!

Alannah- Congratulations on the promotion! That's great news!

Hi to everyone else! :wave: I hate that so many slipped during the holidays, but it is nice to know that I'm not alone! :)

Julzanne72
12-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I just wanted to say I will no longer be posting here. I am following the plan and it is working great for me, and I will continue to do it and work out-but I feel here, that there are people who have been part of the community for a very long time and that the newer people don't seem to get "talked to" much-so to post when no one responds, to me, is like talking to myself. I have found other groups that will help me much more. I wish you all much success with whatever your goals are...Thank you.

aguerin
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Julzanne: Sorry to see you go and that you feel that you are ignored. I don't do a lot of personals because it would just be too much to keep up with.

I like this forum because there is a lot of good advice and people who have been there and done that. I'm glad that you are finding the support that you need elsewhere. If it does'nt work out, please come back. Good Luck with LAWL.

Repo girl
12-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Good luck Julzanne!

Felicia- GL with the house!

Sherry- Thanks girl. I am glad to be back. I don't have to go back to work until the 3rd, so I will probably be on a lot until then. Then I have to go back for a month. I will start up working from home on Feb 1st. I am so excited. Have a fun weekend!

Alannah- Sorry Christmas was tough. Glad to hear about the promotion. How are you liking your new place?

Kim- I hope that your tummy bug exits soon. That sucks!

Paula- Good to see you!

Dan- I am gonna have to go back into salt rehab for a time. I have gotten way to used to dumping it on again!

Well, I was POP yesterday, and heading into POP land today. It feels good to eat well. I forget to eat all day yesterday, however, and ended up having a humongous dinner to get it all in. I will space it all out better today. Also, I am going to do an exercise DVD this morning.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

cecil
12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I have to say that I do know how you feel Julzanne. But I think it takes time to get into the group and feel comfortable. It's always hard when you are new. I hope you don't give up so quickly on the board.

Dan2112
12-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Morning ladies...

We're getting back on track here as well... Should be a pretty POP day today.. Or at least that's what we have planned...

Liz is sitting next to me and says hi!

Julzanne72
12-28-2007, 03:10 PM
To be honest I post pretty much every day trying to get to know people...just doesnt help. so good luck to all.

bradleys mom
12-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Julz, dont leave for that reason.. I posted and still havent gotten a reply in a page and a half! And not to be nit picky, but your posts arent usually in reply or response to any one elses either. Like me, you choose to come on here and report your losses (or gains) and daily info. I dont worry if I dont get responded to or not, I just like having somewhere to vent... It helps at the end of the day when DH dont want to hear it and all my BFF's have bigger problems than the fact that I ate 2 candy bars that day!

I have responded and cheered you on in the New Years challenge thread. PLEASE dont take it personal if nobody responds. Honestly, getting online here is sometimes the last thing on my mind, or completely slips my mind altogether on some days. And this may sound selfish, but sometimes I like to just post my piece and read...There are some of the weekly threads that I havent even read all of because by the time midweek hits and I remember to check on here...there are 6 or 7 pages!! We sure are chatty around here...

Hope you'll reconsider and choose to stay, you are welcome and have always been welcome.

Repo girl
12-28-2007, 04:57 PM
So my center called, wanted to know why I have not been in. I told her that I like the red plan better, so I am just going to do the plan from home and stay on red. Yeah, she did not like that very well. She told me that I would have to come and have them call the dietian to get permission to alter the numbered plans to work better for me instead. I told her, "No thanks, I like red. I will come and see you when I am ready for my maintainence stuff." She just kept trying tell me that I can't do that and I must come in. Then I asked her if they were closing. She assured me that no, they weren't. So that is good. I can at least go in when I need them. I have weeks paid up until September, so I will get really close to goal, then go WI for a few times until I hit goal. Then I can get the maintainance stuff.

Dan2112
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
To be honest I post pretty much every day trying to get to know people...just doesnt help. so good luck to all.

Julz, it's easy to feel left out.. There are a lot of people who come and go here and you're not the first to feel that you're not being listened to. You're right, there are a lot of people who have been here a while.. There are a lot more who haven't posted in weeks.. It comes and goes..

I've been in your shoes on other non-related sites and I agree, it can feel pretty bad, but I've got to say that my observation has been that if you're really in a tough spot, people respond..

Stick it out and stick around.. You don't have to be a constant poster to be involved.. I would imagine there are a ton of lurkers here who just look in to pick up useful tips and information..

Do what you feel you need to do.. We'll be here and you're ALWAYS welcome!

sscott
12-28-2007, 06:02 PM
My COD called me today as well. They wanted to know if I made it through Christmas alright or if I struggled. I told her that I struggled and still am. Atleast I was honest :) I will try hard to make good choices until the first of the year. We still have company around and gatherings on the scheduled. Once school starts again I will put my nose to the grindestone and get back on track.

Julz - best of luck to you. If you change your mind, come on back and jump in where you left off. You're doing such a great job...keep it up!

Felicia - Great news about the house!

To the rest of you...have a great Friday night! Talk with you all later!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Well I'm headed to WI in the morning for the first time in 3 weeks, the evil scale will show just how bad I've been! LOL Maybe the 3 days my tummy hurt will lessen the blow! I've never gone this long without going to WI and I cant do it again. Jumping on that scale in front of somebody sure makes me think about what I'm putting in my mouth!

Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend! We're gonna be bums and watch some football!!!

bayoubelle68
12-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Julz - hang with us for a little while longer. After the holidays, things will settle down and everyone will be back to posting and responding more regularly. This is a tough time of year for most of us and I know that I often only have a minute or two to post and report a few things, so I haven't been doing personals much at all. Before all the craziness of the holidays started, we were QUITE a chatty group and most of us had half a dozen or more conversations going at one time. I promise nobody has been deliberately leaving you out. We're all just running in a hundred different directions right now! I won't be back to normal (or as normal as I ever get!) until I'm back at school and not chasing my kids all over the place during our Christmas break! I'm sure that's the case with most others as well.

MTdebster921
12-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Paula- Hey girl, it's good to see you again. Jump right in again with some of us "lifers".

Felicia- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your house sells.

I got a call right before I headed into the COD to WI and she said that anybody that came in this week to WI would get an additional 4 weeks free, then when I got there, the asst. manager said that anybody that made a purchase would get another 4 free week on top of that, so I got some of the meals they had on special to keep at work and got 8 additional weeks. They also gave me back all my weeks I had lost since I was in there last in Sept., so I now have 23 weeks to get to my goal. I can do it!!

DH and I had a date night with dinner and a movie. We went to Applebee's, got gift certificates for dinner, I had one of the weight watcher meals. The portions were perfect and I ate all of DH's broccoli along with mine. Got a small popcorn to share at the movies and I had saved 2 starches and a fat, so I should be OK. I will just make sure that I chug extra water tomorrow.

Have a great night all.

equinetcan
12-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, I was weighed yesterday and stayed the same. That a victory in my book for over xmas. I had my share of BLT's and a few cheats but not bad. I am not a huge sugar eater so I only had literally two small squares on xmas eve and that's it for sweets. I do have a weakness for Tim Hortons French Vanilla and I had a few of those but I try to compensate for the extra calories I get from them elsewhere and drink lots of water. I guess it worked.

New years won't be that difficult as I am just staying home. I have to work all day monday and maybe even stay for a few hours overtime since I have nothing on deck for the evening. Then starting Tuesday I am off until Jan 9. I have some things while I am off I want to get done here and just try and relax before my new position starts sometime in january.

I need to go look at curtains because even though I have been in the house now for a little over 2 months I still don't have any in the bathroom or bedrooms. Just blinds. I figure maybe some will be on sale after xmas and I can get a good deal. Not all that sure what I want either so I'll have to really look and see what's out there. My mom is getting me a new vacuum for xmas so I want to go and get that this week too. Mine decided to take up smoking as a hobby so I only use it for very short periods of time right now. usually just to get the dog hair off the living room carpet after Chancey goes home on sundays.

Everyone have a good weekend and heres to being POP...I am putting boneless pork loin chops in the slow cooker today so I have something for a few days that is NOT chicken or turkey!!!

Joni135
12-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, since I missed saying Merry Christmas to everyone....

HAPPY (almost) New Year!! I had a very unique Christmas, spending most of it visiting my dear wonderful MIL in the hospital. I could write a book about her past 6 weeks in the hospital (leukemia patient), but instead of you taking time to read all that, just go and hug a loved one (be it your child, spouse, or pet!!) and be thankful for every little thing you've got! It's almost 1 AM, and I see a lot of new names on the board, but also a lot of my familiar cyberfriends are still posting and some have come back. I've missed all of you and will do my best to catch up (or at least read this weeks' posts!).

I dread my (at home) weigh in tomorrow. It didn't look too good after my cruise, and this past week just resulted in a lot of emotional junk food eating. Time to dig out my daily menu planner and get serious.

amylou7777
12-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Hello and post-holiday greetings to all of you! I have been entertaining family for the past week. I wont bore you with the details of how off plan I have been, but it scared me to see myself revert back into my old ways for about 5 out of the last 7 days. Tomorrow will be my first day on the purple plan...looking forward to my new routine!

haven't had time to catch up on here but it is GREAT to see Deb and Katie posting again!!!

Julz- I have to say I have a hard time remembering to comment back to those without a "headshot" avatar!! I feel like my brain skips over those posts and goes for the faces!! You'll be missing out on a fantastic family of supporters if you abandon this site!

I'm looking forward to getting back on track!! Hugs and best wishes to all of you!

Dan2112
12-30-2007, 09:15 AM
G'morning all!

Gonna be POP day today if I have to sell the children off to do it! I figure New Year's Eve won't be horrible, as we may either stay in or do a pot luck at a neighbor's house down the street... If that's the case, we'll probably take a veggie tray that I can snack on for the evening..

Welcome back Joni.. Bout' time!! Glad you made it through the holiday.

Amy - You ain't kidding about how easy it is to fall back to our old ways of eating... Liz was saying the same thing yesterday... It's scary, really, how those little bites and nibbles start becoming larger portions and all of a sudden we're gaining weight again... GRRRRR!

Have a great day all... Be one with your POP.. The holidays are almost over!

Repo girl
12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Good to see you Joni, so sorry to hear about your MIL.

Amy- I hear you. Just get back on track now so that a week does not turn into months. Take it from me.

Deb- You acn definitely get to goal with that many weeks. No problem!!!!!

Alannah- Congrats on the promotion, that is fantastic news!

I am gonna paint my master bathroom today. May the force be with me.

EmilyLashea
12-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Hello All :wave:

Joni- I know you've been having a hard time with your MIL being so ill, but it's good that you all go to spend some time with her over Christmas.

Amy- I'm with you on the old habits... It doesn't seem to take much at all to slide back into those old ways.. Now that everything is getting back to normal, so will your eating. I'll be trying to take my own words to heart on that one as well :)

Katie- Good Luck with the painting! :dizzy:

I am slowly but surely getting back into the groove of things.. I have been doing better the past few days than I ever have on my water, which has always been a big problem of mine. Now if I can start getting all my foods in again I will be in business. Has anyone ever read the book Skinny B*tch? I got it for Christmas and read it in one night. It really sheds some light on the things we put into our bodies (and my reason for getting on the water kick so suddenly.) :) Well, I'm off to lunch.. I'll check in later. Have a great rest of the day!

michie
12-30-2007, 03:02 PM
ugh..

so i went out with 2 friends from middle school last night... we've been friends forever, but because of school and life and such, don't get to see each other nearly as much as we should. my DBF didn't want to come, so i was stuck being the DD... which was fine with me because drinking makes you fat anyway! so i sat at the bar with my 2 best friends and drank about 20 glasses of water! i have a problem... the bartender had to cut me off! lol! i thought it was funny... anyway! so while i drank 20 glasses of water, my 2 friends had about 20 drinks! to make a long story short, i have claw marks on my arms from where one of them was trying to hold onto me to walk to the car and the other threw up in the street. :dizzy: it was an interesting night.

in somewhat related news, but kind of not... i went shopping for clothes to wear for last night and new years and the size i usually wear was way too big and awkward looking, so i had to get a size smaller. and my really really skinny friend told me that i looked great!:cheer:

going to the gym today... and staying POP! hope everyone has a great day! happy (it's very close to) new years!

Dan2112
12-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Nice story Michie.. And great NSV about the new clothes... You'll find that while you may lose pounds on the scale, you may lose inches even faster.. So even a modest weight loss can result in noticible changes in your look..

Another thing you'll notice if you stick to you guns with this WL plan is that you really get an interesting picture of the people and friends around you... I used to drink A LOT, especially in college and now I cringe when I think about that... Not just about what it did to my body and weight, but how embarassing it can be...

roserph
12-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi Everyone!

Figured I'd jump right in....I have been on the program since february and have done well so far(I did the program at a COD back in '99 and lost 50)...I was doing the program online and now thats gone, so I started checking out the posts more often on here and it seems like a great place to get the support I need! Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to post often and get great advice from everyone to help me through to my goal....

Emily....I read Skinny B***h too.....needless to say I stopped eating meat the next day and no longer use splenda like I used to....can't do the vegan thing though...I am too "addicted" to my dairy products to give them up... ;)

michie
12-30-2007, 05:21 PM
seriously... i have never been a huge drinker, but after experiencing that i think i will lay low for a while. looks like new years will be low key this year!

speaking of... what is everyone up to for NYE???

sscott
12-30-2007, 05:31 PM
It's nice to see so many of you back again! It has been so quiet around here!

Welcome Rose! You are welcome to join our converstations any time! Feel free to ask questions and put in your two cents whenever you want!

I must admit I am ready for school to start again! As much as I enjoy the break, I need to get back into a routine. I have learned (the hard way) that when I am bored I want to eat, eat, eat! We also still have so much family in town and celebrations continuing! I am planning on doing a TO January 2nd and 3rd (I can't remember if I already told you guys that or not, but I wanted to make sure so you can hold me accountable!!).

Michie - I must tell you, you crack me up! You seem to have such a quick wit about you! Way to go being the DD and making good choices for yourself!

Joni - it was good to hear from you again! I will say a prayer of strength for you and your family!

Anyone have anything really exciting planned for tomorrow? We are going to my sisters house. It should be fun!

Joni135
12-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Okay – let’s see if I can catch up a bit…
Emily – I’ll have to check out the book you mentioned – I need all the help I can to stop by diet soda and fake sugar habit….I know they are bad for me, but I just cannot stop!

Dan – yes, I’m back! Hard to stay away for too long. The scale wasn’t too bad either…just up a few pounds from my all time low, but I can definitely tell I have more flab. I need to make use of my gym membership asap! It’s 6 pm in Atlanta - Do you still have two children??? LOL. Tell Liz I say hi!

Stacy – Hi there. A while back you asked about water. Actually, I drink more than 8 glasses of water a day. My body seems to crave more and I like it, so I drink it.

Michie, Rose;, Alannha, Kim, Amy, Sherry – hi there….

Katie – good to see you. Do those two little cutie pies in your avatar belong to you??? Oh, I just kept reading and see those belong to you…how cute. And I know you’ll do great with your at home day care, but good luck just the same.
Have fun painting! I’m sure the room will turn out lovely. I have to do some touch up painting (the joy of dogs), and I just can’t bring myself to get out the supplies. Oh well, another day perhaps!

Debster – it’s good to see you! I still am a fan of your personal cookbook. Guess I need to pull that up on my computer a little more often and get creative with my cooking.

Hi Julz…..bye Julz.

Amy – I like your new avatar…What looks different…is your hair style different? The picture in your profile is really good too. Cute couple you make!

Okay….I’ve got a project that is calling my name. I cannot believe it’s already 6 PM. So much to do; so little time.

I’m taking Emma dog and going to a friend’s for New Years Eve since DH will still be with his mom. I’m usually okay being alone, but it’s been a stressful month and I think the company will do me good. I’m taking a couple appetizers and I think I’ll make it healthy so I have something good for my body....let me correct myself...I WILL make something healthy!

MTdebster921
12-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Alannah- Enjoy your time off.

Joni- Welcome back. How was the cruise? How is your MIL doing BTW?

Michie- Great NSV. It feels so good when people mention that you are looking good. I think it helps keep you motivated too.

Rose- Welcome to our little group. You will like it here.

We don't have anything planned for tomorrow night. I have to go into work at 5 am in the morning so honestly, I probably won't even be awake at midnight. Anyway it's safer that way. I've got to finish getting the exercise room all organized so I can start making use of all that equipment in there. Gotta do it, gotta do it!!

Have a great night everybody.

bayoubelle68
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
We don't have any big plans for tomorrow night. It's tough to plan NYE stuff when you have little ones. We were invited to several different gatherings by friends, but I think we'll pass and just spend a quiet evening at home together. I saw some interesting-looking sparkling blueberry juice at Kroger last night. I may zip back by there and pick up a bottle for DH and me. We don't drink alcohol, but it would be nice to toast in the new year with something besides Diet Mountain Dew!!

Dan - while I was in Kroger, I remembered something you posted a few weeks back and got myself a fat-free peppermint mocha from the in-store Starbucks. Oh, my goodness! It was heaven! You know you're a real mom when your idea of "me" time is drinking a cup of coffee while grocery shopping alone at 9 p.m.!!! It was better than a spa day!

Joni - I've missed you! It's so good to read your words. I'm so sorry about your MIL. Your family is in my prayers.

Deb - I, too, love your recipes! I cook a LOT of venison, so your game recipes come in handy quite often! I'm making stuffed cabbage leaves for New Year's Day and I'm using ground venison as part of the stuffing. I can't wait!

Alright, off to write a technical manual for the photographers who work for our company. It's to teach them how to upload their own photos to our site once they've taken them. DH and I have been doing all the uploading, but the company has grown so much this year, that they're going to have start doing their own. We've gone from having 2,000 photos online at a time to currently having over 60,000. Growth is a good problem, but it can still be a problem!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I survived my first post Christmas WI, I was only up one pound, that 3 day stomach virus was good for something! LOL

Joni-Welcome back! Sorry to hear your MIL is so sick :-(

Rose-Welcome! There are lots of amazing people on here. Check in often, we offer support, a shoulder to cry on, some often times extremely witty comments and even a kick in the tushie when its needed! Good luck with the plan!

Kristen and Nicole-I saw Brett on TV earlier and thought about you two!

Everybody have a great New Years tomorrow, be safe out there!

Tuesday Cool
12-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Well I have returned from a week on Maui. I loved every minute! We traveled with the extended family and celebrated Xmas with a snorkel trip where we saw dolphins, turtles, and whales! Honestly, I am so happy to have done this holiday in a different manner that I cannot see going back.
I did not gain while gone and that alone is a victory as I ate without really thinking about it. I did notice that my meals were much smaller then I would have eaten a year ago. I lived on fruit and cheese drank lots of water and swam for hours every day.
Today is reality check. I need to get back on program but I am too tired from flying to think about food. Perhaps I will sleep on it and try again tomorrow. :moped:

MomOfThreeTeens
12-30-2007, 09:44 PM
just an FYI, we ate lunch at Chili's today and I got the Southwest Cedarplank tilapia. Its served with rice and steamed veggies. Well for kicks I decided to check their nutrition info when we got home. You'd think fish would be an awesome choice, well that meal has 680 calories and 34g of fat. I'm sure glad I only ate half of it! SHEESH!

MomOfThreeTeens
12-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Tuesday, we were posting at the same time! Welcome home, sounds like you had a great time!

Angie
12-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone who remembers me, and to all the new folks!

I don't think I've been on here since September or so, and needless to say, I've gained back almost all the weight I lost. I'm recommitting for January 1, but I'll try to do well between now and then as well. I'm not even sure what my goal is right now. I think mini-goals may be a better way for me to go, than to think of the overall.

I just asked to join the latest TBL challenge, and hope I got in on time for that one.

I look forward to spending more time chatting with you all again soon!

amylou7777
12-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Angie!!!! Welcome back! I know all of us have really missed you! Can't wait to have you back posting again.

I've finally caught up from being away for a week or so!

Hope everyone has a great NYE! We're going to Morton's with 2 other couple's from DBF's company. I'm really hoping to be OP! I did well today, hopefully better tomorrow. I still haven't gotten back on the scale, trying to give myself a few days for everything to balance out before I have to face the number staring back at me....

Kim-omg, my mom just told me how good the tilapia was at Chilis. We go there often, so I was going to order it next time. Not now!!! Yikes! Thanks for the tip!

Joni-looking forward to hearing from you more often! I'm lmao with your hi/bye.....
Hope MIL is ok, and that you and DH are hanging in there. Try to have fun tomorrow night!

NICOLE?!?!?! You better get back here. No more holiday excuses!

Liza? you here?

Hi to everyone I missed! I've got to get this house cleaned! Spent all day taking xmas decorations down....

Repo girl
12-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Angie!!!! So good to see you! I am in the gainers club too. I am trying to get back into the swing of things also. We can do this!!

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Welcome back Angie!!!

Felicia.. Glad you like the peppermint mocha.. But beware.. It took me a couple of times to notice that even if you order it "non-fat", they sometimes will still put on the whipped cream (!).. I mean c'mon... that's just not fair! Anyway.. Most of the time, I get asked if I still want the whipped cream, but I now order it thusly: "Venti non-fat peppermint mocha with no whipped cream and only three squirts of syrup."

Ok kids.. What's with the longtimers coming back after abesences with lots of weight gained back? I honestly don't get it.. I mean, I can understand the holidays and such, but where does this "falling back onto our old habits" thing come from.. I know that if it's in the house, I'm gonna eat it, but isn't the point to simply not have it in the house?

Enough's enough, folks... Let's get back on the POP kick, and kick start the weight loss for the new year.. I'm including myself in the equation here too.. I've gained a few pounds so I need to get myself back in the swing...

Onward and upward!!

bayoubelle68
12-31-2007, 02:30 AM
ANGIE and KATIE!!! Hooray! I've missed you! Welcome back to both of you!

I should SO not still be awake. It's 1:30 a.m. here. DH went to take pictures at the home of this sweet couple who have a gazillion Christmas lights and an awesome display every year. They even been featured nationally. He couldn't take pics at a regular time because there are ALWAYS people there, staring in awe. So the couple turned the lights and show on at 1 a.m. just so he could take pictures for them! I stayed up watching the new Harry Potter (Order of the Phoenix) DVD that my brother gave me for Christmas. The problem is that no matter how tired DH and I are, both kids will be bouncing on our bed at 6 a.m.!! That said, I'm off to bed!

Joni135
12-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Dan is right...we all need to focus on our health and get serious.

Dan, in addition to you being the salt king, I always think of you when I see a breakfast burrito....do you have this recipe from Hungry Girl and do you think one could make these up ahead of time and freeze them and nuck them in the morning?

BUENO BREAKFAST BURRITO
You can whip up this tortilla treat in a flash!

-1/3 cup Southwestern egg beaters
-1 slice Fat Free Kraft Singles
-1 Tbsp. salsa
-1 La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortilla
-1 tsp. Bacos (I'd rather use some boca crumbles??)

Spray pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray and scramble the egg beaters and bacos. When almost finished, tear the slice of cheese into pieces and mix them into the eggs. Place mixture into warmed tortilla and add salsa before folding it up. You can add a few sliced black olives or a dollop of low fat sour cream on top if you'd like. Makes 1 burrito with approximately 140 calories, 3g of fat, 15 carbs, 8g of fiber, and 20g of protein. (2 points)

Amylou.....glad you found a little humor in my hi/bye....I wasn't sure what else to say to Julz since it seems like everyone else covered it and she hasn't surfaced. Her loss.

Felicia - get up already! You've been sleeping for over four hours.

Tuesday - welcome home. I love Maui and cannot wait to return someday (hate the flight over there though!).

Gotta go prep for a secret thing (you never know who is reading this site). I'll fill you all in when all is said and done.

Nicole - come out come out wherever you are!

Repo girl
12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Morning everyone. Happy New Year's Eve!!! You all be careful with the liquid starches, NO DRIVING! Have fun everyone!