Weight Loss Support - Streak Away to St. V. Day #3/St. Pat's Party?

Amarantha2
01-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Couldn't stand it. Had to have a new thread. I'm actually up a pound and ready to get serious now! Here is Angel-Eye's post from this morning to inspire everyone to think about a St. Pat's Goal:

"Hi Ladies. Yup, count me in for the St. Pat's Poundage Pledge !!! Drum roll please.....after my first week of WW's, I've lost 3.4 lbs!!! YAHOO. I am very pleased and am planning meals much better, and much healthier. Its all in changing those old habits, and not making excuses. Tommorow is a birthday party for my 4yr son. I've tried to sort of "sabotage" all the treats so I won't be tempted. For instance, in the rice krispie treats, I've put those candy sprinkles...(yuck, I hate those) and all over the cake icing ....yes, more of those sprinkles!!! Ha ha, only thing is that he loves them, so c'est la vie--he can have them!! Hope to be going for that book mark next week, so far so good. Take care and enjoy the day....temp tommorow is 68f, time for some nice outdoor walks!! bye "

joshie's mommy
01-27-2002, 03:11 PM
Hello everyone!

I am new to this thread and hope you all don't mind me jumping in here... I used to post in here frequently a couple of years ago and am just getting back on the bandwagon.

I'm game for a St. V's day challenge...my for Valentine's is 250 pounds. I may be reaching a little...will have to wait & see what happens.

I guess I should have started by introducing myself...My name is Staci & I'm a 27 yr old mother of 1(yep, you guessed it, his name is Joshie) 4.5 year old and stepmom to 3. I started back OP about 2 weeks ago. No special program, just lots of water, excercise & watching my fat & calorie intake.When I was posting on this site before I lost 80 pounds...but lo & behold, did the yo-yo thing & gained it all back plus 50 more. So I have about 120 pounds I need to lose. I know it won't be easy and it's going to take a long time but with support from all of you I know I can do it. (I think!:lol: )

One of my big problems is that I need to be more active in the evenings. I've been doing really well about getting up early in the morning to excercise, but in the evenings I tend to just be such a couch potato! I'm trying to cook dinner earlier so that I'm eating earlier so I have a chance to burn some of it off before I go to sleep, but I just haven't been successful at getting moving in the evenings! So that is my goal for this week...to get some movement in in the evenings! I will try to keep you all posted and let you all know how I do.

So...that's all for now, I'll talk to you all soon.

Staci
268/260/140ish

MomTo2Boys
01-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Hey girls...how ya all doing? I am doing much better today than I did yesterday....I totally was out of control on my eating last night but thank god its back under control today.....!!!

ANGEL...YOU GO GIRL......THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! Wondering how the party went for the little one......?!?!?!?!

JoshiesMommy......hi and welcome to our group......I am sure the others dont mind you jumping on in either.....we are pretty laid back group here and love to support and get support here.....so good luck on your new beginnings!!!

Hoping all is well with everyone else.....good idea Crone to start another thread....that one was getting pretty long!!!

Take care...LisaL

Joanie
01-27-2002, 08:45 PM
Hey Pals, I am in for the St Patty's challenge...Has anyone ever heard of an ice cream product called skinny cows? Can't find it anywhere...Have a good evening....I am off to bed so that I won't eat!!! JH

Amarantha2
01-27-2002, 09:37 PM
I'm doing great today, motivated by being up 3.5 from when I started this goal of being down 10.5 by St. V's Day. So that means my St. Pat's Poundage Goal should be to be down 14, but I'm amending it to 10 from where I am now. I don't post my weight, but weigh in every Sunday and post the ups and downs. My plan is the same one I lost 100 pounds on: calorie counting and two sessions of exercise a day. My "streak" is iffy right now, so I'm starting over at Day One and just trying to eat between 1500-2000 calories per day on average and do the two workouts, one short and one long.

When I reposted Angel-Eye's post this morning as inspiration, I forgot to say: WTG, ANGEL-EYES!

Joanie: I love Skinny Cows when I can find them. They have a website, "www.skinnycows.com/" ... maybe you can order them. Now I'm craving them, dang it! :devil:

Momto2Boys: Congratulations on coming back strong after sliding off last night. Sometimes it's a good thing to eat a bit more. Keeps the metabolism guessing!

Joshie's Mommy: Hello! It is always great to have more people on the bandwagon. You seem to have a sensible plan going on and are sure to yo-yo in the right direction. Good luck on your journey.

Also, I think a lot of people have trouble sticking to their program at night. Because of the crazy hours I used to keep, I came up with an eating schedule that runs from midnight to midnight, so when I get the urge to binge at night, I can often hold off until after midnight. By then I've lost the binge idea and am able to eat a small meal ... some fruit, dry cereal, lowfat milk, yogurt or a light protein shake or tablespoon of peanut butter, etc. If I'm not hungry or having an anxiety attack or anything at that time, I just wait until morning. Of course, I journal the calories and count it as my first "breakfast" of the day.

I got into the habit of the two exercise sessions because I knew that I needed flexibility in working out. Sometimes I have time for a long workout in the a.m., sometimes at night. I also like exercising at different times in the day, because each is a different kind of experience. In the a.m., sometimes I go for long and intense, sometimes just for waking up or feeling better, at night I often like to do Pilates or ballet to feel strong and centered.

Sorry for the length. Keeps me from eating again.

Onward & Downward: To St. V's and St. Pat's.

Power Charge! (I still have my sword.) :dizzy:

MomTo2Boys
01-28-2002, 09:14 AM
Hey girls....how was everyones weekend??? Mine was much better once I got back in gear yesterday!!!

Joanie....skinny cows are wonderful and only 2pts for the whole ice cream sandwich. They also have a new one that is mint ice cream inside the chocolate cookies.....They do tend to cost almost $5 here where we live so a lot of times I will just buy the light ice cream sandwiches and they are also 2pts each.

Crone.....My trouble with eating for sure at night when I am watching tv....but I have started to make sure I have a huge cup of water or crystal light on hand so when I feel like eating I drink away....helps sometimes but other times I cave in......normally eating the 94%ff popcorn......which is only 2 pts for 6 cups!!!

I am definately game for a St Patty's day challenge......we need to think of one and get others in on it like Marlana did ..... I think that really got our group going last time!!! When we competed against other threads it kinda boosted my motivation to do well!!!

Hoping you all had great weekends.....take care...LisaL

Amarantha2
01-28-2002, 10:37 AM
The new in control me, that is! Finished yesterday with 1770 calories. Exercise was an hour of jogwalking a.m. and pilates p.m.

My dual goal for St. V./St. Pat is 10 pounds down; if not by the first, then the second.

Momto2: I think a Marlana-style challenge to the whole board would be a super idea! But I'm reluctant to post it myself because I'm not really a leader type and I also think it'd be discouraging if people started then disappeared, which I sometimes do. But if someone who is gung-ho, focused and committed could come up with a challenge, I'd pledge to participate and stay with it.

"If you build it, they will come!"

MomTo2Boys
01-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Crone....I am not too good at coming up with challenges for the whole boards.....but maybe if no one else here is wanting to start a challenge with other threads....maybe we could ask Marlana to start one up with her group and we can get our group to join in on it and hope that we can overcome the others!!!!

I managed to get on the bike for 15 minutes today.....I have to start back into slow because of my darn knee....but 15 minutes is better than nothing I think....plus I did about 10 minutes of stomach crunches!!! I think I am truly ready to shed more weight and make myself look....DAMN GOOD!!!...LOL

Hoping your all having great days......talk later...LisaL

Weeesa
01-28-2002, 01:19 PM
HI everyone!

I haven't posted for a while because I've been so busy!

Angel eyes Way to go on your weight loss so far!

LisaL I think a challenge for the whole board would be really fun. I guess we'll see if anyone takes us up on it? Great job on all your exercise!

Crone You can get those ten pounds off, I just know it.

Joanie You joined Weight Watchers! Good for you! I love WW. I've been doing this now for 2+ years. I love the Points system. Yes, Skinny Cows are super yummy but hard to find and $$$$$$$! Here they are $4.99 for a package of six. I just don't buy them. I'm happy with my smoothies or sugar free pudding, which are a lot cheaper to eat.

Well, I'm still trucking away at getting this weight off. After losing the baby I lost all control. I think I just wanted to throw it all away. Thank goodness I snapped out of that state of mind. I went back to WEight Watchers on January 7th and weighed in at 192 pounds- which is 22 pounds over goal. Gosh, that's really horrible. But I got over it. My first week I lost 3.4, last week I lost 1 (which I was really proud of because it was the night before TOM), and this week who knows what the iron monster will say. I've had the flu for a couple days and I've been having tummy/intestinal trouble all weekend. So I feel bloated and un-well. Don't know if I should weigh-in or not. Decisions, decisions. I might just save my money and go next Monday and see a bigger loss. :)

Let's see, I have three weigh-ins until V-Day, and my last weigh-in was 188- so I think I'll set my V-Day goal at 181. That sounds pretty do-able huh? That may also be one of my last weigh-ins if I succeed in conceiving in February. ;) I guess time will tell! I think it may take Wally and I a couple months to conceive again, but you never know what God is going to give you.

I hope everyone continues to stay super motivated! :) I'm going to say today is Day 1 of my New Streak because over the weekend I ate mostly toast and soup and no veggies/fruits because I've been so sick. So today I'm back to eating by the numbers, not just in my Point range.

Thanks for listening! See you all next time! :)

Love, Lisa

Weeesa
01-28-2002, 01:20 PM
P.S; Welcome to Joshie's Mommy. We posted together for a while back when I posted as Kody. :) I think it was you and I and Sophie's Mommy and Jen and a couple other people all posting together. :) Good to have you back!

MomTo2Boys
01-28-2002, 03:32 PM
Weesa...sorry to hear you were so ill over the weekend.....I also didnt know about the loss of a child.....I am so sorry.....but your so right......things always happen for a reason......and I truly believe when the time is right......you will have ALL luck with conceiving your baby!!! I wish you the best and your husband Wally!!!

Skinny cows here are about the same price and I hate to spend $5.00 on a snack food that wont last in the house very long.....I would rather buy the light store brand of ice cream sandwiches or the pudding is good too.....still havent gotten the stuff to make my own smoothies.....

well Jesse just got home from school so I need to go .... will check in again later......take care....LisaL

Venus Envy
01-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey there, y'all! I'm not a regular poster to this thread, but I couldn't resist this pun or your streaks toward the coming St. Valentine's and St. Pat's holidays ...

I want to be in their number ... when the saints come marchin' in.

JoJoJo2
01-28-2002, 05:14 PM
And I, too, will compete in the St. Val/St.Pat challenge. Good for all us saints as together we march toward a more healthy life.

I've not beem posting much since I have been struggling a bit. A couple of days streaking, than a day of not-streaking. You all know how that is. But each day gives us the opportunity to begin again,so here I am.

Weesa, I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your child. From personal experience Iknowthat thatlost child will always be an important part of your life. And I also hope that more children are in your future.

I have never heard of skinny cows. Probably just as well.

Joshie's Mommy and Venus, nice to meet you both. Keep coming back.

Joanie, it is good to hear from you. We must stay positive about all this. WW is a good program, tell us about it and how it works for you. Are you gaining any insights?

MomTo2Boys, I love my popcorn in the evening. I air pop mine and use I Can't Believe It's not Butter Spray on it. Probably too many additiives in the spray, but at least it is not salt and butter.

Crone, stick with it. You know all the hows of healthy eating. Consistency, that is what you and I need to tell ourselves.
And tell our selves, and tell ourselves!!! Forever!!!

So let'skeep at it, and keep smiling.

Amarantha2
01-28-2002, 06:22 PM
So many posts today, hooray! I need to be working on stories but I'm surfing the net again. Why is that? :dizzy:

VenusEnvy & JoJoJo2: That should be our theme song: "When the saints go marching in." But since I don't really relate to saints, how about:

Oh when the thin,
Go marching in,
Oh when the thin go marching in
I want to be in that number
When the thin go marching in?

Where are the thin marching in to, exactly? They are marching in to health, smaller jeans and skinny St. Valentine and St. Patrick Days celebrations, where they will feast on Skinny Cows or their less expensive counterparts.

Forever!

Momto2Boys: I like to make smoothies with just frozen fruit and some water. Sometimes I add veges (carrots or whatever) or make a green food smoothie with frozen mixed vege. You can add apple juice to the vege drinks if you like. Sometimes I add soymilk, dairy milk or a tablespoon of slimfast powder. A good drink is a banana, some soy or dairy, a graham cracker and a tiny teaspoon of honey. It's going to be hot very soon ... smoothie weather. Another drink I like is a cup of vanilla soymilk whirred in a blender with tons of ice and maybe some coffee or chai. Tastes like a frozen latte drink but low cal.

Weeesa: Congratulations on getting back on track with WW and the 3.4 pounds! Good luck with the iron monster.

joshie's mommy
01-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Hello all...

How was everyone's Monday?

Mine kinda sucked. I think I'm coming down with something, or maybe it's just the change in weather...63 degrees yesterday, 40 today...I don't know...but I just don't feel very well.

The good news is I weighed in this morning & was down 2 pounds!:D Hooray! That leaves only 8 to go for my VD goal.
I've had a good couple of days...yesterday after church my MIL took us out to dinner at Culver's, who make the BEST 'butterburgers' & onion rings & custard...but I was a good girl & settled for a grilled chicken sandwich.Then took the dog for a nice long walk to enjoy the beautiful weather when I got home.
Then today I did pretty well at staying OP... I think I ate a bit too much at supper, because I was STARVING... but at least it was only chicken, so not too bad for me. Joshie & I took the dog for about a 40 min walk after supper, plus I did my Richard Simmons tape this morning too. I tend to be VERY much a morning person... that's what makes it so difficult for me to get moving in the evening...I'm usually up around 4 am , do my workout, get my housecleaning done, etc...the downside to this is, I'm ready for bed at 7:00! I'm pooped by then!:dizzy: And the other bad thing is that my hubby works nights, so when he's off our schedules are completely OPPOSITE, because his body's so accustomed to being up all night & sleeping during the day! Ours is rather a strange household...:dz:

And now a few personals...

Crone...I love the song! I'm gonna start singing that to myself every time I'm tempted to pig out!

Weesa...Great to hear from you...I'm glad to know somone from the old days is still around. Sorry to hear that you lost a baby...that's rough...but keep trying... trying is SOOO much fun, isn't it? (And if I remember sophie's mom correctly, a great calorie burner too...)

Lisa & JoJo...I love my popcorn too... I usually make the 94%ff kind & use the ICBINB spray to give it a little extra taste.

Well, that's all, folks, I'm off to bed soon.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

Staci

268/258/130ish

Weeesa
01-29-2002, 09:11 AM
Morning everyone!

Staci Yes, trying is really fun isn't it? ;) My one fault is that I tend to get upset since Wally only sees me as a baby-maker now. :lol: I used to be a sexy thing that he just wanted because I was there.... now we have a PURPOSE in doing the deed. You're doing great on your exercise and everything and down two pounds already! Terrific! I sure wish Sophie's Mommy would stop in sometime. I'llbet she's still busy with Sophie and teaching and what-not.

Crone I liked your version of When the Saints Go Marching In. :D I definitely want to be among the thin!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the loss of my baby. Yes, it was hard. I think I feel almost separated from it emotionally right now. Like when I remember back, it's as if I'm watching a movie of it happening to someone else, not to me. I think the worst part was that it happened in the Bahamas while we were on vacation, and I got so upset thinking I was ruining everyone's vacation time. Of course I didn't really, everyone was more concerned about me. I'm just grateful that Wally and I have started talking again. For a while we were very distant, I think because we each needed our own space and couldn't deal with more pain than our own. But time heals all things.
I had a good day yesterday. I ate so many fruits and veggies that I lost count! I ended at 29.5 Points. Oh wait, I think I had eight servings of fruits and veggies. I found these Temple Oranges at the store and they are delicious!
Later tonight I'm going to do Tae-Bo. Yesterday it was so warm that I was able to ride my horse (Koty). It was great! At first I thought he was going to be bad, but then he was very very good. Not bad for our first ride in a month.
I also booked a room for Wally and I at the Great Bear Lodge downtown for Valentine's Eve. I'm so excited! This place is super nice, and they have an INDOOR heated waterpark. So, that's my inspiration to lose more pounds before V-Day- wearing my swimsuit!
Have a great day everyone. Sure would be nice to see Morrigan, Babette, etc. stop in to see us!
Love, Lisa

MomTo2Boys
01-29-2002, 09:25 AM
Hey girls....that is a good moto for our group....the thin saints are marching in.....come on girls...we can do it.....we just have to set our minds to it!!!

Joshie.......YOU GO......GREAT NEWS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!! If you keep that up....YOU WILL REACH YOUR PLEDGE FOR SURE!!!

Crone....I am going to print out some smoothie recipes today and make me some after I return from the store......they sound pretty yummy and like they will be filling enough to make up for my not wanting to eat breakfast!!!

I asked Marlana about starting a challenge for our groups....she said she will think about an idea and let me know.....and if any of us can come up with an idea.....just look for the thread I did called A Message For Marlana!!!...I think we are all in such an awesome mode of weight loss and healthy eating that we can do a good job in the running against the other boards!!!

Well, I am struggling here.....I have been thinking of homeschooling Jesse......I just dont like the things he is learning at school and on bus from kids that dont know any better.....and because the other kids are harassing him so badly about his size (height and weight) and he is so sensitive they pick at him.......I truly would like to have him at home especially if we move closer to Albany NY where the schools are NOT so great....but I keep feeling like I will be sheltering him from making friends even though I would have him in scouts and other groups for the social interaction......do any of you have any opinions on homeschooling versus public schooling???

Hoping you all have a great day.....I am going to weigh in in a little bit and will post and edit my weight on my signature!!!

Take care......LisaL

MomTo2Boys
01-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Hey girl...sorry I wasnt paying attention to my messages and missed hooking up to chat.....leave me a message of when you will be online again and I will keep checking in during the day......talk soon....LisaL

MomTo2Boys
01-29-2002, 10:32 AM
Just too excited to wait.......I weighed in and am now down to 176 again.......which is my weight I was at last time I was on WW's before messing up and getting off track.....I just had to come in and let you all know since I was sooooo thrilled.....so I am now way beyond my st v day goal.....lets just hope I can keep it off ........talk later....LisaL

Amarantha2
01-29-2002, 01:18 PM
My St. V. Streak is on! Yesterday I ended with 1895 calories and two fitness walks for exercise.

Momto2Boys: WTG on your weigh-in. You are on the road to the Kingdom of the Thin! I seconded your post to Marlana with the following:

Top o' the morning to ye, Marlana! I'd like to add my two cents that you'd be a great one to be the "conductor" on a St. Pat's Party challenge for all o' the Board! As you know many of us are ready to get on board the party train and ride to a fitter body in honor of the wearin' o' the green and the man who chased the snakes out of Ireland, reportedly.

You had such a good idea on the last all board challenge, with everyone forming teams from the different groups and earning points each week, including for maintenance if that's what they wanted to do. So it does seem you are the logical person to "conduct" this train.

Weeesa: Sounds like St. V Day will be a wonderful one for you! I envy you your horse, BTW; horses are so beautiful, although I would fall off if I tried to ride one. What are temple oranges? Are they like blood oranges?

Joshie's Mommy: You are better than I if you work out and do housework at 4 a.m.! That's just excellent. At 7 p.m. you DESERVE to crash. Good luck on that schedule. :)

Still Marching In to Thin!

MomTo2Boys
01-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Thanks Crone!!! I read your post to Marlana....hopefully we can get her pumped up enough to come up with a super challenge for all of us as a group......!!!

I just looked at my WW's weigh in chart from last time I was on the program.....and my last weigh in was 179lbs...so I am 3lbs lighter than when I left off!!! Well I gotta scoot for now......take care and talk later....LisaL

jelynn
01-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Day nine and counting...
No way could I get up at 4 am!!! I have a hard enough time at 8:lol: Good for you though--
Lisa-- WTG with your weigh-in and better yet about being less than you thought when you went "off track"
Re homeschooling...that is a tough one. If he is being genuinely harrassed I would seriously consider pulling him. Why are kids so cruel? Mine starts year aafter next and I'm already scared...

I'm all for a St. Paddy's Dat challenge! I feel really good right now. I was a little bit down this morning about the fact that I'm still losing holiday weight instead of "new weight"-- But it's due to my own choices...consequences and all that...I know I just have to remember that with each choice and each day if I continue as I'm doing I WILL get to "new weight" and see the scale go down and my clothes get bigger and bigger!! (I just can't wait!!)

Got to go pick up DH...joys of being a 1 car family:dizzy:

Amarantha2
01-29-2002, 09:07 PM
Day 3 is still hanging around. Exercise done, 40 minutes circuit training w/medium weights and aerobic intervals; 20 minute fitness walk. Calories will end with 1795 because I'm saving two protein shakes for any late night anxiety attacks, so will have those calories available.

Momto2Boys: I've done some articles about homeschooling, years ago in Indiana as a reporter and here in the southwest as a freelancer. I've also had friends who homeschooled. It seems to me that the quality of the education and experience for the child varies widely. In some areas there are vast resources for homeschoolers and in some areas it is not as common. Some people join homeschooling groups or otherwise pool their resources to offer group classes, field trips and the like to the kids to supplement the home curriuculum. This way the kids have the opportunity to learn in a group setting, which helps in socialization and learning in ways they might not get when they are a class of one. There are pros and cons to everything. My own opinion is that with commitment it can work well, but I've seen it fail badly, too.

Good luck!

Joanie
01-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Hey gals....thanks for the skinny on the cows....guess I'll stop looking for them and go with the WW icecream sandwiches I did find....they are just a nice treat for a long day of a job well done....My first weigh in is tomorrow....I'll let you all know how I do...I am hoping for a good 5 pounds off....we'll see! Well, I am off to bed...we payed the bills tonight....boy is that depressing, but I guess I need to be thankful that we were able to pay them, right? We held the wolves off another month!!! Ha Ha...not funny! Love you all...Jh
PS Crone, do you have morrigan's web page or email address?

MomTo2Boys
01-30-2002, 08:07 AM
Hey girls...thanks for your input on homeschooling...I first realized after talking to a lady next town up from me who homeschools....that I need to connect and form a good bond with Jesse before attempting this so that he will take me more seriously and change his attitude and behavior.....last night I took him out on a "date"....just him and I ....no daddy or Kail tagging.....which we have only done maybe a couple of times since Kail came along!!! I took him to the book store and we spent 2 hours in there looking at all kinds of books.....we had a really nice time!!!...I will start taking him alone more often and forcing hubby to stay to home with Kail...I think Jesse associates me as the "disciplineer" and daddy is the fun one because it is for the most part he and daddy going to movies, races, car shows, etc......and me home with Kail.......daddy needs time to bond with Kail also so that he is not sooooo dependent on me!!! .....
Crone...I know of a group right here in my area that does the group trips, activities, etc and I think it would show Jesse that he wouldnt be "alone" that he would still have friends!!!...I think if I can form a good strong bond with him it can work out well!!!
Weesa....kids are so cruel and you know what.....its really not their faults for the most part.....they learn what they see and hear.....so unfortunately we can thank society and parents/family members!!! I am going to give it up to Feb vacation and if he is still feeling the same way I will pull him out then and start homeschooling for sure!
Joanie......I bet you will do fine at weigh in.....and you will be even more pumped for success!!! Good luck girl!!!
Angel....if you see this message....it is now 8am and I am getting Jesse off to school will be back to chat in a little bit!!!
Hoping you all have a great day....it is rainy here!!!
Take care.....LisaL

MomTo2Boys
01-30-2002, 09:12 AM
Hey girl...its 9:10am here Wednesday morning and I had to log off for a bit so I could go tend to Kail....will be back on by 9:30am......incase you get this message and you cant make it in for chat....just leave me a message!!! Talk soon....LisaL

angel-eyes
01-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Mom.....Sorry, got busy reading the paper. Just made it in time....will wait for you in chat.......time now is 9:25am and I'm heading there right now. bye

Amarantha2
01-30-2002, 11:40 AM
Sorry for my present addiction to color text. It comes and goes! :D

Was really feeling up this morning. Did 60-minute jogwalk; calories are under control so far. Crashed back into blah land though. It is raining; I dislike rain. The good thing is I don't feel like bingeing to chase away the blue mood. And we carry on! :p

Momto2: Sounds like you have a good program worked out for your homeschooling venture. You are right, kids can be cruel, but they can also surprise at times and act like the beautiful human beings they really are. As a certified crone, I'm often awestruck by the ability of the young to show kindness and compassion. It just takes them awhile to think of it sometimes.

Joanie: I don't have Morrigan's email or website address. You can try typing her real name into a search engine and probably find it, though.

sychie
01-30-2002, 12:17 PM
hello all. seems everyone has come out of the woodwork, as it were. things had been going great, but yesterday...well...oink!!!
so, i guess this is day one, again. i had been up to a week or so, i guess. i'm not working out like i would liek to be, but i am being at least somewhat active (stretching, small exercises, walking more at work, etc...).
congrats to all of you who have been losing!!! keep it up! (or down?)
thanks, crone for the ideas for smoothies-just last night i had been thinking about starting to do some of those. i need to eat more fruit-i eat a lot of veggies, tho.
things are sorting themselves out at my house (recent breakup with live in s.o of almost 2 years-he's almost moved out, then the stress level will drop). it is absolutely beautiful out right now (almost 70 in northern va in january is not normal at all), so my mindset is good.
back to work now.....
one day at a time and good luck to all.

MomTo2Boys
01-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Ok Crone.....I too will join your colorful array of text!!!!... I think and hope that my decision whether I choose to pull him from school or leave him there will be the right decision....I mean.....if all else fails at homeschooling I can always register him to attend public schooling again ...right???....good for you on your jogwalking.....I did 13 minutes on the bike but it was a more intense program level than what I had been doing.....had me sweating my booty off thats for sure!!!

sychie.....glad to hear your starting off fresh again today....thats all we can do is work one day at a time and hope that we do our best!!!

How is everyone else doing? I was doing really well until my MIL called and harped and moaned that she thinks Jesse needs the structure that school can give him and blah blah blah......I told her.....we have to do what we feel is in the best interest of HIM.....we have to do what it takes to make him feel good about himself and to feel safe......sure she can voice her opinion....but in the end I will do what I think best!!!

So, I am going to close for now as Jesse will be home from school in a few minutes......hoping you all had a great day......take care....LisaL

jelynn
01-30-2002, 04:28 PM
OK, I'll do the color thing too :) I'm having *another* great day!! Can't tell you how "easy" this is with fast food out of the picture! And I'm saving money too-- whoo-hoo!I'm on day 10 of my streak today w/plans to keep going to :love: Day...and beyond! I am down 9 lbs from Jan. 2 (206 this morning) and now getting into "real territory" if that makes sense.

Sychie- I think you are doing great under the circumstances...I went through a divorce several years ago and there's just nothing like that emotional roller-coaster. Just keep checking in here and hanging in there "most" of the time... Time heals and all that... :)

Crone- wow, 60 minutes! That's great! I'm still at about the 25 minute level for my run/walking...I try to do another 10 or 15 minutes of cardio on the stairs or bike...It's getting easier all the time though!

Well, I'd better start thinking about dinner...have a mess of a house to pick up too. Check in later! :wave:

angel-eyes
01-30-2002, 05:55 PM
WTG Jelynn!!! That is fantastic news.....9lbs gone and good riddance. Keep up the great job.

I have been following ww's for just over a week now, and I'm pleased so far with my 3.4lb loss. I weigh in on Saturday's so ....hanging in with everything crossed!! Yesterday I felt like "snacking" all day, so I tried to say out of the kitchen and snacked on zero or 1pt stuff. I must have did a good job, because even though I ate and ate, I wrote down all my pts and still was within my range. Old habits need time to change, but I will do this. Today was a great day on the otherhand, didn't snack at all and ate my planned items. Actually, I felt so good....I went shopping!! How could I resist?.....$3. and $2.50 for some really really nice tops. They look really cute too. Well thats my day. HOpe everyone has a great day tommorow. bye

MomTo2Boys
01-30-2002, 06:12 PM
Hey ladies, how are ya all???....I am doing pretty good tonight!!! I am going to continue my colors so that Crone doesnt feel left out....ha ha

Jelynn......congrats.....9lbs gone for good.....say goodbye to the OLD you and HELLOOOOOO to the HOT you!!!.....I too know all about divorce and it surely does mess with you....I lost a ton of weight......but then when I found happiness again....I gained it all back....haha!!

Angel....good for you on the shopping and bargains....husbands always love to see it when we can find bargains....ha ha.....I had such a good time chatting today and will try to make it in later but B is going to try to do his dads taxes online so if he finishes in time I will be in around 9pm or so.......take care and talk soon!!!

Joanie, Crone, JoJoJo, Sheila, Sychie, JoshiesMommy, Weesa....and any of you others that used to post with us but are just lurkers now.......how were your days???? Hoping you all did well!!!

Take care all and have a great night.....see ya in the morning.....LisaL

Amarantha2
01-30-2002, 09:44 PM
Ended at 1740 and plan not to eat again as I don't need to; second workout was a 20-minute walk. It's super cold out with snow in the mountains and the outlying communities. I don't even like to see the stuff, but my friends want to take tomorrow off and go look at it. I told them it'll be gone by then!

Jelynn: Way to go, your nine pounds low! The reference to "real territory" does make sense. It's gratifying when we are making new progress as opposed to redoing what we already accomplished. But both are important achievements, because losing weight is a recursive process. When we are able to master the on-again, off-again nature of the thing, then nothing can stop us.

Angel-Eyes: Sounds like you are doing great today and found a bargain. Clothes are a neat incentive to stay fit and trim, much better than chocolate!

MomTo2: I think Jesse is lucky to have a mom willing to go the extra mile for him. I personally don't see all that much structure going on in the public schools anyway. Good luck.

Sychie: You are welcome about the smoothies. I can't wait until the weather turns warm and I start doing them again! Hope things are working out for you at home soon.

Esto perpetua!

Joanie
01-30-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey Gals, I did pretty well on my first weigh in...6.2 pounds...I was the big loser! I went out to eat this evening, and for the first time in a looonnnggg time I was just able to eat and know that because I was within my points, I could have whatever I wanted and not feel guilty.:lol: :devil: :lol: What a revelation for me. I don't know when the last time was I ate without the guilt. Very different feeling! Well, I gotta buzz...it's bedtime! Love to you all...Jh

MomTo2Boys
01-31-2002, 08:20 AM
WAY TO GO JOANIE......6.2LBS GONE DOWN THE DRAIN....THAT IS SOOOOOO AWESOME.......!!! Doesn't it feel so weird and neat when you can eat and not feel guilty about what is going into your mouth....I absolutely love WW's for that very reason!!!...Keep up the great work girl!!!!

Well, Jesse truly gave me a hard time this morning about going to school and I made him call his dad to talk to him.......we finally convinced him to get ready and go and if he felt he couldnt be there then to call me......well we got him all ready only to have the radio say..."schools in berkshire county are closed"....they have already cancelled all schools here due the storm on the way.......!!!

Angel.....I will be into chat incase you read this around 9am.....gonna get a few things done around here this morning and then will come onto chat.....see ya then.......!!!

Crone....I try to do what is best for Jesse.....and I think public school is good for kids to develop some sort of structure and social skills....but when I have him learning from the little "$%&*heads" that he is learning from now makes me think him being at home would by far be better than that.....not to mention the level of crime in schools now even in elementary schools.......as a parent it makes me nervous to send him off to school and wonder if he is going to come home alive......but in the end I will do what I feel best for him!!!

Hoping you all have a great day.....Mine will be busy.....especially with both boys wound up and raring to go......but daddy will be home today around noon so he can deal with them for a while so I can get some good relaxing.......lol......I must still be dead asleep and dreaming.......LOL.....take care all.....LisaL

JoJoJo2
01-31-2002, 09:23 AM
I am still streaking "more or less" as I attempt to maintain my weight loss. Maintaining is tough, too.

Actually I tried to post last night but there was a glitch and my absolutely incredibly intelligent comments disappeared into cyberland, never to be seen again.

I wanted to comment on the 'losers' we have on this Board. You are doing so well, you evvidently know what needs to be done and you are doing it.

Joanie, 6+ lbs. gone is great!!! Jelynn, your weightloss is wonderful!! Everyone seems to be in such good control of what they are doing.

As for the color, this is the first time I've done this sort of thing. Crone, you started it, didn't you? And look what we are all doing now!!! Goodness!

So let's stick with our programs, and just keep on keeping on. It is worth it, we are worth it.

sychie
01-31-2002, 10:19 AM
hello all. i think i shall be the odd one out and stick to plain ol' black and white.
to all of you who are losing so much and doing so well--WOW!! :D :D :D i am impressed and inspired by you! i havne't weighed in in a week or so, so i guess i will today (good reason to go to the gym today). went out for dinner last night and just could not resist the chips and cheese dip (mexican food is such a killer for me), but i realized that the rest of the day i had eaten very well (actually a bit too little), so it was ok. i am still working on making lunch my big meal, or at least not eating a huge dinner. sometimes i do better than others, but that is normal. i suppose this is day 2. lots of errands to run, hopefully i'll get to the gym, too...

take care everyone and keep up the good work.

Amarantha2
01-31-2002, 12:06 PM
Intend not to give in to unhealthy habits today, though I'm trying to make a big decision and very stressed. One exercise is done: 40 minutes of circuit training with light weights broken up by aerobics. Much work to do today.

JoJoJo2: You are right, maintaining is hard and is the key to this whole weight thing. Losing is level one, but maintaining is level two and it goes on forever. Both levels are essential. I didn't actually start the color, just felt like doing it. Now I'm hooked. I used to be fascinated by making letters go back and forth on the screen and sent them out in all my emails until my friends got tired of it, so I stopped!

Sychie: I like lunch to be my main meal, too. Seems to make the day go better. Good luck on your weigh-in.

MomTo2: Sorry you are getting a storm. It's still cold here, but give the sun an hour and we'll be back in business..

JOANIE: SIX POINT TWO, WOO-HOO!!!

sheila_220
01-31-2002, 12:28 PM
hello all:wave:

I'm still with you, I've had a good five day streak and am down 4lbs. so I'm feeling pretty good. Been riding my bike for 20 minutes everyday and lifting weights.

joannie-6lbs. thats great!!

Weeesa
01-31-2002, 01:50 PM
Hmm so we're doing colors huh? ;) How about a R A I N B O W ? ? ? ? ?

Okay that took me a long time.

Joanie Way to go on the 6.2 pounds down! Whoo-hooo! Don't you feel great? I agree- knowing I am "allowed" to eat pretty much anything is what really makes me love Weight Watchers. It's just so easy! Keep up the good work and keep making those good choices.

LisaL I think home-schooling is a good choice, you can always try it for one year. There are other ways for Jesse to be social without having to go to public school. Plus there are homeschooling groups all around now, since it's become more popular. I think I would like to homeschool too, but it is something that would take a lot of thought and work. I'm just not a big fan of public schools anymore, what with their sex-education and evolution junk they teach.

Sheila Good for you on your streak! Don't give up! :)

Hi everyone! I would like to make more personal replies but I don't have a ton of time. I've been doing pretty well OP but had to start over with a new Streak after Tuesday when I ate 39.5 Points. Not bad but not OP according to me "rules" Since then I've been doing much better. Now that we're working on making a baby again, I've noticed my motivation to lose weight has taken a back seat. I just want to put all my energy into baby-making and learning about babies, etc. Hopefully I can find a good balance and still keep losing weight until pregnant so I can have a nice, healthy pregnancy. I slept in and didn't work out this morning but I'll make up for that tonight I think. It's hard to go even one day without exercise! I've been doing it for 2+ years so I guess it's a habit now. :)

Well, it's been fun making these colors, but I really must go. So who has the longest streak so far? Have a great OP day! Love, Lisa

joshie's mommy
01-31-2002, 02:40 PM
Hello all...

I haven't posted for a couple days...I've been sick & haven't moved far from the couch...but WOW have you all been busy. And I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing so well...

I haven't been doing too well, I've been eating too much & moving too little...however, to look at the positive side of things, I've been trying to keep only lo-cal, low-fat snacks around...so even though I've been eating more than I should be...hopefully I'm not gaining. I'm planning to weigh in tomorrow to find out.
And actually, I'm really excited, not so much for the weigh-in part, but seeing how tomorrow is Feb 1, I'm planning on doing my measurements too...I'm excited about that. I'm about 10 pounds down from when I started, but when you're as big as I am, you don't feel any different and my clothes are not yet fitting any differently...so I'm excited to do the measurements and have something concrete to look at as far as how I'm doing...Does all that make sense?

I got an email today from my best friend who lives in NC...she will be coming home in 2 weeks to spend the weekend. I'm really excited to see her again as I haven't seen her since her wedding in April 2000... but I'm also 110+ pounds heavier than I was then and even though I know it won't change our relationship any, I still feel... I don't know exactly...ashamed or whatever.But I can't wait to see her. I guess I will just keep working hard and lose as much as I can between now & then.

Well that is all for now. I'll post tomorrow am & let you all know how the weigh in & measurements went.

Staci

angel-eyes
01-31-2002, 03:13 PM
Hi Ladies. I feel so great!!! This morning I had a really nice chat with Momof2boys and L144s, what a nice way to kick off the day!! I just came back from a nice grocery shop.....picked up only fresh green stuff....you know for 1 hr, all I did was hang out in the produce isle. Since we've moved, believe it or not.....I've had a devil of a time recognizing product labels, and finding the foods that we like to eat. So it was very nice to wander the isles looking and seeing all the choices. Yeah, I know... I have too much time on my hands. LOL Most of what I purchased was all fresh veggies,fruit and salad stuff. The one thing that I did buy (and I might have already tried...mmmm) was a frozen fudgesicle by "guilt free", chocolate of course...BOY OH BOY...and only 1 pt. If you see these, buy them to try; you won't be sorry. Now, I'm going out to relax in the +70f weather....and might even have another one of those fudgesicles...(shhh) bye

MomTo2Boys
01-31-2002, 05:56 PM
Angel...how dare you torment us with 2 WONDERFUL THINGS.....FUDGE (chocolate) and gorgeous weather.....I could smack you if my arms were long enough.....LOL...glad your enjoying the new changes in your life though!!!

Joshies.....I sure hope your feeling better soon....dont worry about what your eating right now...wait till your all better and then get back into it more seriously!!!

Sheila...way to go on your 4lb loss...thats great work.....keep it up!!!

Weesa.......thanks for your input on homeschooling....I too believe that some things they teach are NOT necessary and some things SHOULD be taught...guess it all depends on what they feel FIT for our kids......and what we feel FIT for our kids isnt good enough.....but we do have a choice and my next thing is to get family members to get off my back about my considering homeschooling.....they raised their kids....now they need to let me raise mine!!!

Well, I hate to run without getting more personal with everyone else but dinner is cooking and I should go check on it before it burns....LOL....will talk to you all later and for those of you getting this horrible sleet snow ice storm....please be very careful if you must drive!!!....Take care...LisaL

joshie's mommy
02-01-2002, 08:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
It's Friday!:D

It's 7:30 am here, Happy Friday everybody! I've been up since about 3:30(not by choice, I woke up & couldn't go back to sleep).
Got up, did my RS tape, then spent the next 2 hours cleaning my house so I don't have to do it this weekend.

Well I weighed in this morning only to find out I maintained, no loss this time which is kinda a bummer but at least it wasn't a gain! The good news is though that I did take my measurements, and I've lost 3 inches off of my bust, 3 inches off my waist, and 3 inches off my hips for a total of 9 inches gone...HOORAY!! I would probably be much more bummed about maintaining if I didn't have this proof that I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Well I got to go to work now, will check in later;
Have a great, OP day!

Staci

angel-eyes
02-01-2002, 09:07 AM
Joshies's mommy.....let me say WOW....again!!! That is fantastic...9" lost!!! I agree with you, at least you have a loss to show, whether its on the tape measure or on the scale....I do both as well. I find the tape measure, a nice little bonus reading at the end of the hard work. We all need motivation when we maintain. Time for a new bra I think!!! tc

jelynn
02-01-2002, 05:25 PM
JM- WTG on the 9 inches!! You had me all ready to take my measurements this morning and I can't find my tape measure anywhere :( I'm sure it will turn up...I really like the idea of doing that monthly-- I used to, but got out of the habit. I'm with you cleaning house today-- it's taking me longer than 2 hours though! Love those dust bunnies w/hardwood floors... :rolleyes:

All you guys are doing great with your streaks! Keep 'em going!!

I'm on day 12 today, I think...I start losing track when I have to use more than 1 hand :lol: Had a great workout this morning and am trying to eat light today since I have a lunch out planned tomorrow with the "hens" as my friend calls us...I want to show a good loss on Monday so know I won't go overboard.

Best get back to cleaning before I lose my steam. Can't believe the day is practically over!

Amarantha2
02-01-2002, 09:25 PM
How about I do this whole post in pink? :dizzy: If color represents mood, pink is my mood. I don't know the significance of this.

Ending Day 6 with 1465. May have some cereal if I desire it, but likely won't. Yesterday I was technically over my "streak" calories at 2220, but was so controlled, I'm keeping it in. My personal plan calls for calories averaging over the week and my weekly average so far is 1821, so I'm good. Exercise was 60 minutes jogwalking in the a.m., only 12 wimpy minutes of walking in p.m. Yesterday was circuit training with light weights in the a.m. and just some stretching p.m.

Joshie's Mommy: You are doing splendidly! A nine-inch loss is great. And never be discouraged by maintaining. That's part of the process and you are obviously building some muscle with all those inches gone. Muscle weighs more than fat, but it uses more calories, so a drop in the scale is bound to come very soon.

Jelynn: Congratulations on your 12-day streak. Good luck on navigating the "hen" luncheon.

Angel-Eyes: Fudgesicles are a good idea! I haven't had one in years. Thanks for the suggestion! ;)

Sheila: Good work on the four pounds down and your fifth streak day! Do you ride a stationary bike or an outside bike? I've never learned to ride a bike, hard as it is to believe. Never had one. Maybe it's not too late, though.

Weeesa: It's hard to see whose streak is the longest. Guess we should have a central post at the top of the thread with everyone's goals and progress updated now and then.

MomTo2Boys
02-02-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey girls....how are we all doing? I hope the start of your weekends has been a good one!!! I haven't posted in a couple of days since hubby was home yesterday and hogged the PC from me!!!

I don't have much time as I am in the middle of cooking Kail some lunch...but must say.....I am exhausted......ha ha....Jesse had his little friend from school sleepover last night and we had some huge wind storms....well his little friend was scared from the wind howling.....and I couldnt get him to sleep until after 1am.......and then they were up with the darn roosters......he was awake again for day at 6am....LOL.....sometimes thankful I dont have their energy!!!

Will post a more personal message later when they have all disappeared into la-la land......LOL....hoping you all have a wonderful day.....take care....LisaL

Joanie
02-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Hey Gang, Don't ya just love weekends? Hey Crone, did I hear that you moved, or did I dream that? Still in the desert southwest?

I just wanted to stop by for a minute....I just guzzled another glass of the sparkling libation...and I thought of you all.

I finally found the Skinny Cows....In my opinion they taste about the same as the WW sandwiches. I enjoy treating myself once in awhile....and this serves that purpose.

Welp, naptime...I earned it! See ya, Jh

Amarantha2
02-02-2002, 03:15 PM
Hi, all! I'm halfway through Day 7 and already had a job interview, a fitness walk and lunch. Going to take a nap then I need to shop. Not much get up and go at the moment.

Joanie: I still live in the "desert southwest" but the desert is fast disappearing. I'm hoping to move further out if a job offer comes in, if not, I'm kind of stuck here.

Congrats to all for the success everyone has shown in the last few weeks! ;)

Got to go tend to Old Dog. She's on a diet now and doesn't like the food and she keeps circling around me and butting my leg with her head and barking. I don't want to put her out in the back right now because she might try to hunt some hapless critter down and eat it in lieu of her lunch. But she's driving me nuts, so of course I'm going to give her a hot dog or something!

Sigh.