Old 12-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings daily chat fri. Dec. 21st

GOOD MORNING!!!

Sorry I have not posted the last few days...SUPA DUPA BUSY!!!! (as I'm sure we all are)...

Alicia ~ so glad you are getting settled. Painting already?? good for you!!! As I said before, I love the Valspar paint at Lowes...I think it goes on great. And as for ham, I'm with Joan, the spiral sliced is so yummy, and all you have to do is heat it up Good luck!!

Joan ~ I'm thinking about taking Cadence to the Nutcracker next year (she will be 5) and doing a whole day trip...taking the train downtown, having a fancy lunch, etc. The problem is the tix are around 100.00 a piece!! I'll have to consider that a little more. I bet if I asked my mom to go she would pay...is that wrong?? (lol!!) So, I guess you enjoyed Wicked...i've heard it's excellent. Good luck with your exchange, I'm sure itwill be lovely.

GG~ sorry you are having a hard time at work. There is a Banfield here inside of a PetSmart...I'm assuming it's the same company. Is it a good company to work for?? Do you ever think of opening your own practice someday?
I know there's a lot involved with that. I was the office manager of a small health care facility for 15 years, and I handled everything, including part of the patient care, so I know a lot of what there is to deal with. Sometimes it just makes more sense to work for someone else and not deal with the headaches of owning a business!! BTW...seen the pony lately??

Hanna ~ have fun baking with your friend this weekend!! Make something yummy!!

Diana ~ Hey!! seems like you're doing a really great job sticking with your plan..good for you!!! I'm doing my very best at staying away from junk, but I do think you have to enjoy this time of year, and part of that for me is food, but certainly in moderation...

Lauren ~ Good luck with the new job prospect!!! Sounds like a nice setup!! BTW...I heard we're going up to the 50's this weekend...WOO-HOO!!!

I have not worked out in A WEEK!!!!! I can't stand it!!! My ankle is still pretty sore, so I don't want to injure it further, probably gonna give it another week or so, then ease into the treadmill again. Think I might do some upper-body lifting today though. On top of that, I have the most painful STYE in my eye...it stinks!!! I'm having DH's family tomorrow night, then going to friends on Sun & Mon. nights...hopefully it will start to go away. My eye is so swollen from it...GRRR!!!

well, gotta get a shower. Have a little running around this AM, then want to get home to do laundry...Cadence has a cold, so I want her to rest too. She has been running the last few days (preschool party, friends Bday party) and really has not rested much. Although, she has been sleeping GREAT at night, so that's a blessing. Ususally when she's sick, she's up a lot. I think G-d's giving me a break

have a lovely day, all. Will check in this weekend!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...last day of work and then i have 4 vaca days.

hannah and pam - yes most days i enjoy working for banfield...i'm probably happy 80% of the time...mostly because banfield believes in practicing high quality medicine. So therefore i'm doing what i love (when the owners allow me LOL). And banfield really does have some great benefits. I was just mad at the other associate dr...i think she's really getting burned out and her work is starting to show. I'm going to give her until after the holidays...and if it doesnt chance i'm going to talk to her politely about things she does (or doesn't do) that then affect my job. We'll see what happens. But yes, i like banfield most of the time. I actually like it more now that we lost the medical director...she hada tendency to be very condiscending...so things are improving. as for owning my own clinic...i don't really havea desire to do that..mostly because down the road i do want a family...and you really have a lot to do as a practice owner...and i've seen the women who own a clinic and have kids...and i'm sorry...but the family life does suffer some.

alright all..off to work...see ya later

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 12-21-2007 at 07:55 AM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, today is my last day off before Christmas. I have alot of things to do, but wanted to jump on and say hello.

GG, I hear you on co-workers that don't seem to do what they need to, to get the job done. I am the youngest and there is another woman about my age and then one in her fiftys. The rest are in their 60's and another going to be 80 next yr. I get "stuck" doing the heavy lifting, going up and down in the stockrooms, etc. Hopefully it will die down some after the holidays.

Pam, we're going to get in to the upper 40's here for the next two days.

Whoever asked about the ham, spiral sliced with pineapple and cloves on top, heated.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Thanks for letting me jump in. Sounds like everyone is super busy. Things are actually slow down for me. Today is my first day of winter break. I am looking forward to resting and spending time with DS. I can pretend for a few weeks that I am a SAHM.

My mom wants to go to Costco today. I have to admit to loving Costco especially since we split everything.

I started back to WW meetings yesterday and am feeling super motivated. I am tired of the weight.

Have a great day!!

Jasmine

P.S. I see a lot of posting on a ham. I just have to say I have no idea. I don't really cook, that is DH's job.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

HoHoHo!!

Hanna, I'm soo laughing at the salad predicament!

Diana, Doesn't sound like a total bust...could've been worse!

GG, I hate it when people don't pull their own weight! Glad you like you're job overall though..

Joan, you are one busy lady this season!

Lisa, YEAH, you finally get a break! I'd be ready to quit!

Pam, I didn't hear that it was going to be that nice!! I'll have to check the local forcast!

Have a great day all!! I'll just be trying to survive, there are goodies EVERYWHERE today!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

::comes out from his cave::

Hello all

I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ stye *and* swollen ankle (did you actually sprain it?)... I haven't had a stye in years ~ knock on wood. They are not pleasant. The "Nutcracker" performance that I took my girls too was nothing like the one that you're talking about. It was put on by a local ballet company and tickets were $12 each. It was perfect for them. There is a theatre downtown that puts on performances every year and tickets are really high. It's way too long for little kids and would be a huge waste of money.

Mornin' GG ~ "Wicked" was good. I had no idea what to expect and I really did enjoy it. There were lots of people there with little kids (dumb, dumb, dumb). Tickets were expensive and it is not a play for kids. The "wicked" witch was excellent. You mentioned that your folks are coming in today. How long are they staying? Have fun!

Lisa ~ hang in there. Come January everything will settle down. I sure do hope that the new position comes thru for you.

Hi Jasmine ~ welcome! Are you a teacher? Enjoy break with DS.

Lauren ~ Good luck with the goodies. I remember how hard that used to be when food was everywhere at work during the holidays. I used to be sick of sweets by the time Christmas actually rolled around.

BJ ~ you're alive!!! How are you? Merry Christmas to you too!

I still haven't showered and I'm piddling around here doing all sorts of odd jobs. We had our carpets cleaned yesterday so I spent much of the morning putting stuff back where it belongs.
Hanna ~ I have baked so much this year. I do it every year and just love it. I counted last night that I've made a total of 13 different cookies/bars. The good thing is that when I bake I lose all interest in eating it. I think that I've had maybe 3 of my cookies total. However, DH makes gingerbread cookies every year and those babies aren't safe around me;-). They're so good with my morning coffee and I've had far more than 3!!
Time to go get my shower in. It's been fun to have a morning like this before the rush of everything sets in... have a good one all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, a girls day out with mom and DD would be nice. Of course if she paid for the tickets maybe you could get the lunch. I had to start painting because it just bothers me. The master bedroom is an awful color (bright pink,almost watermelon). My mom has been in their house for almost 10 years and they haven't painted a single room. It drives me nuts to go there. I did get the Valspar and I really love it.

Joan, DD and I wanted to see Wicked when it came to Baltimore, but I didn't get it in time. Do you think it would be okay for a 12 year old? After I'm settled I think I will look for something like that for the 2 of us to do together. Enjoy all your parties this weekend.

I guess that I am lucky in one way, I have no parties to go to so I will def not be tempted by alot of sweets and other yummy goodies. I am afraid the refrigerator at this new house is not working right. DD's ice cream is liquid We left our old one behind. I don't really want to buy groceries for fear they will go bad. Not sure yet if we will have to buy a new one, or what.

I think I have some kind of cold. At night, my chest hurts really bad. I am very hoarse also. I don't have any runny nose or anything like that though.

Hanna, are you still keeping your friends dog too?

John, Merry Christmas.

I think I will check out the Spiral ham, thanks everyone.

Last edited by lois lane; 12-21-2007 at 01:47 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Alicia ~ I think that Wicked would be fine for a 12 year old. I was surprised to see how many people brought little girls around the age of 5 or so. There was a lot of humor that a little kid wouldn't get. Your DD sounds like she such a good girl ~ you're lucky to have her! That sore chest of yours doesn't sound good. I had walking pneumonia a few years ago and my chest hurt really bad too. Keep an eye on it.

Much better now... got my shower in and now I'm fixing up trays of cookies to give away. DH doesn't go back to work until January 2nd and the kids are home. One just came to me bawling about some injustice or another so gotta go...
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #10  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, everyone! I'm not sure, but I think I may be down another lb or two. I won't be able to keep my workout date tonight though. My son has a sleepover and he's never stayed with these folks before...I've only met them a couple of times, so I'm gonna go hang out (welcome or not!!) for about an hour after work to see if I feel comfortable leaving my kid there overnight. The workout can wait til tomorrow!!

Wow, we're all so busy. I do hope things settle down some after Christmas!

Need to get back to work...gonna try to get outta here early today...yeah, right....like that ever happens!

Have a GREAT day everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Diana that is a good idea to stick around and see if you are comfortable leaving DS or not~

hi Alicia! Yes I have both little dudes here, my friend comes and takes him for a day, some times not even a full day, just for a sleep over and brings him back, they like to be together, I prefer that they are here, they have become more mine than anyone else's, I love them!

Joan enjoy the cookies and the party!

John Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

tanner's mom! I try to go to Costco w/a friend of mine we buy a lot of things that we split too.

Pam I hope Candace feels better soon, it is a good idea to wait a little longer before you start exercising again. The cookies sound mmm...

Today it has been just one of those days, I didn't feel like doing much and I am in a really foul mood, I don't know, I think it could be the Cymbalta giving me anxiety, that's what it feels like, i am going to call the Dr. and find out what I need to do. I don't really want to get off it just yet, and I don't know if I want to take another medicine some of this meds can have the opposite side effect that I have which is very low appetite, I don't want to take something that will increase my appetite.
I am going to go knit for a little while before Sean gets home, you all later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all,

John, welcome back and a merry Christmas to you too. It's so nice to see you.

I got a call from the recruiter today, I have an appointment fpr my second interview with another store manager next Friday. The best part of it is ~ I don't have to travel up to Monroe MI. The other store manager is willing to come to me!!

Gotta go take the laundry downstairs, just wanted to share the news.

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 12-21-2007 at 06:06 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #13  

Joan- I'm in my cave and want to wait to see what 2009 brings and thats not a typo

I think I'm suffering seanoal depression. Cause like last year I had all my shopping done by the 2nd week of dec. Had tree and lights up and all kinds of stuff.

This year I still need to get 3 gifts I've put off shopping cause I just don't want to do it. If it weren't for people getting stuff I would have more then like not gotten anything for anyone and and would sleep thru christmas if I could.

I'm also in pain. I've been having neck and shoulder problems and while at my massage she found that I had ropes. which is were you muscles twist up and feel like rope under the skin. I'm normally there an hour she had me on the table for 2.5hrs working them out. I was to the point of tears. I feel better now but I've been sore due to all the work she did. An the stuff I've been doing at work hasn't helped.

I have a bunch other stuff going to in the problem dept but no one to vent too. Partly cause I feel they are dumb, partly cause I feel I caused them so its my job to get out of them.

so like I said I just sit in my cave and see what 2009 brings lol

See I think if I got my hot tub full of coffee I'd be alright just having issues finding a big enough pot to brew the coffee. casue 12 cups at a time just wont cut it.

But I do thinka about ya all.

Last edited by Outland; 12-21-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #14  

so something came over me tonight on the way home listening to xmas music on the radio. An when I was at the dollar store they had these blinking red noses so picked on up and then on the wall I saw elf hats.

So I'm wearing them to all the parties I have this weekend!!

I'm Bubba Elf from the south pole.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 172/132/125

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner'smom View Post
Thanks for letting me jump in. Sounds like everyone is super busy. Things are actually slow down for me. Today is my first day of winter break. I am looking forward to resting and spending time with DS. I can pretend for a few weeks that I am a SAHM.
are you a teacher? I'm asking because i am and i have until after the new year off as well.
bojooki is offline   Reply With Quote