30-Somethings - ~~~~~week Of Jan 27th!!!!!!!!!

View Full Version : ~~~~~week Of Jan 27th!!!!!!!!!

RoadRunner
01-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the diet really officially starts today!!!Refman is giving me $10/lb with healthclub/workout bonuses!!!I decided that I really didnt have time for WW meetings soo I have the WW at home from before and I will journal with Scuttle and Lauren on the other thread and make REfman pay me!!!My goal is a total of 15lbs and I want to do it before AF in March when I can attempt the pg thing again..Money is the motivator!!!Plus, Refman said that we can go on a cruise in May even if there is a baby on the way for our 1yr anniversary!!!!

Well, off to run errands!!!Let's all do this in 2002~~~~~~
Vicki
Exc=29miles

Backfor 2002
01-27-2002, 12:21 PM
Goodmorning!

We have SNOW! This is so unusual for us. We are getting mixed reports. Some say we will have it all week and others say it will be gone by tomorrow. You never know here.

RR, The cruise sounds like fun! What area would you cruise? I hear they now have cruise ships leaving right out of NO. I would love to do the Greek Isle cruise but that will have to wait for awhile. We are going back to Mexico the end of May.
We can both use our vacations as added motiviation.

I think we did fine at the Greek restruant last night. We really picked over the menu and made the best choices.

Everyone have a great day.

LBH
01-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Hi All,

I'm at work...yeah, it's Sunday...remember I said my boss and the boss from the UK were here all week? Well, I found out Friday afternoon that due to a family emergency, the other trainer that was coming for Orientation this week can't come, so my boss is doing it herself. That means more stress for me. :( Anyway, I had to leave here on time to bring the UK boss back to his hotel Friday, so I'm here today, to finish getting things ready for tomorrow! Have to bring the boxes of binders down to the training room, make sure it's set up right, and make 3 more binders, because of last minute registrations. :rolleyes:

Anyway, since the PC's on the fritz at home, and the MAC annoyed me too much, I thought I'd check in here! :D

Have a great day, and if I get a chance, I'll check in tomorrow!

Rabbit
01-27-2002, 03:45 PM
hello everyone!

Doing great so far this week. Seem to be over the 'hungry phase' I was in. Hopefully anyway. I've been having skinny cows for a nighttime snack & they're so good. That, and my old standby of popcorn.:)

RR - the parade does sound like so much fun! :D ~ Good luck with ww! ~ The cruise sounds like a real fun thing to look forward to.

Nanci - Enjoy the snow! It is warm here (60's). ~ Sometimes it is SO hard to figure those points when you eat out. I just always guess the best I can. I've been counting points for so long, you'd think it would be easy.

Lauren - bummer that you are working on Sunday!

Have a great day and week all!

Rabbit
68.801 miles

Juldiet
01-28-2002, 09:15 AM
Hi! Plugging right along here. We did take a family walk yesterday and that was nice - Til Weston fell in the little creek behind our house - actually that was very funny. He was so upset because his favorite dragon shirt was wet and I'd have to wash it again. He is into that "its my favorite shirt I want to wear it all the time phase". He is so OCD about things...we went thru the dinosaur stage where he 'stalked' everyone and roared and people thought he was having 'fits', then the lizzard stage where he walked like those lizzards that kind of take a half step backward to go forward and the tongue was flicking out to catch food...and now we're into dragons. The pictures he draws look more like deamons and I wonder how the kid sleeps at night. Whats next I wonder???

A little heavy on the food this weekend - went out to eat several times but I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't worn since 1995 - my favorite pair of jeans. I'm going to go to Springfield in a little while and go shopping (I have a $365 gift card to spurge with).

Goal this week:
Drink water!!!
Work out 3 times!!!

- jul

LBH
01-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Hi All,

Well, it's been a rough weekend, eating wise. We were busy all day Saturday, and Sunday...except for the time I was at work...cleaning out the old apartment and moving stuff! The MBR is finally done and painted. The kitchen is all packed, just have to clean it now. The 2nd BR is not done, still have some of DH's art stuff in there, and some coats of his (he has more jackets and shoes than me!!) I stacked everything in the LR against the wall that's packed and ready to go. There's at least a p/u full, and probably an XTerra full ready to go!! I haven't even touched the big closet, where all the wedding presents and other stuff we don't use all the time is!! That'll be an XTerra full. We have to be out Thursday. DH wants to finish painting tonight and have everything out by Wednesday night. I have bowling tomorrow night, and he has an officer's mtg. at the firehouse, so we can't get there tomorrow night. Man, I hope we win the lottery by the next time we move, so we can hire movers!! :lol:

Jul- Funny about DS and the dinosaurs! What is OCD? Congrats on the jeans and have fun with that gift card!! :D

Rabbit- Glad the hungry phase is gone! It's supposed to be 66 here today!! :eek: I'm excited...wish I could play hooky!!

Nanci- Hope you're enjoying the snow!! Did it stick around, or melt away?! You're welcome to keep it there, I don't want anymore...one nice snow was plenty for me...I'm ready for warm again!

RR- Sounds like you made out good on the deal with Refman!! :lol: Good for you!!

Have a great day all!

lizzard_h
01-28-2002, 10:42 AM
Mind if I join in?? I've been watching you guys:lol:. I started posting in the food journal last week and it's really helping me to stick with it. I love reading what everyone else eats (Bailey, I wish I could have sushi so often!!)

LBH -- I'm tired just reading about your weekend. I hate moving. I did it 4 times in 6 years and threw stuff away each time. Now I'm settled in with my hubby collecting new junk.

Juldiet -- Isn't it great to fit into clothes again!! I have a pair of jeans that I used to not be able to pull over my hips. I can get them on and buttoned now but they're still a little too snug for me. Soon!!

RR -- $10/lb? WOW!!! I wish I had that kind of incentive. My hubby is trying to lose to but his comes off much easier than mine does.

Nanci -- Snow??? It's in the 80's here in sunny Florida. But I do miss the changing of seasons and playing in the white stuff.

I had a good weekend but splurged here and there. I figured after five hours of hardcore house cleaning I could enjoy that piece of apple pie and ice cream. Now it's Monday and back to the grind!

BigPhatBooty
01-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Hi all

Aunt Flo is in town, six days early :eek: Hubby has been in "keep out of wife's way" mode. I have had tea all day, dinner cooked, the kitchen tidied, he even went out and bought me some jelly beans caused I "needed" sugar :lol:

RR $10 a lb! Does Refman want a surrogate wife :lol: Plus bonuses - I'm jealous :D The cruise sounds wonderful, just what you both need.
Backfor2002 no snow here, but some terrible wind and rain. plus it gets dark around 4pm. Feel like I am living in permanent darkness.
Rabbit what are skinny cows, everyone keeps on mentioning them. Is this another wonderful US thing, that I am never likely to see or taste?
Juldiet my nephews both went through the monster/dinosaur thing, but not the lizard! I have visions of flicking out tongues :lol:
LBH seems like you've been moving for ever!!! When my sister moved hubby and I were her movers :eek: talk about disorganised!!!! She had nothing packed, the wardrobe and chest of drawers were still full and the guy moving in had his van waiting outside!!!!
lizzard_h welcome :wave: we like lurkers, but we like posters even more :lol:

'lo to everyone one else and hope you are all doing okay.

That's it for now, gonna see if I can con hubby into one more day of extra care :s:

elisa822
01-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Hope everyone's having a good Monday!! I had a bad food weekend although I'm trying to learn not to beat myself up over it. I've gotten better at that and at getting right back on track. It helps a lot. Last week I finally lost 1.5 lbs and then promptly put it back on this weekend. I'm hoping to have a great week and see it disappear. I don't know if I'm going to make my Valentine's Day goal yet (although I haven't given up) and it makes me sad. I knew the goal would be a bit of a stretch so I'm really hoping to just get as close as possible. The goals really help me focus but they're also what makes me get mad at myself. Still over two weeks to go but I doubt I'll lose 5 pounds by then!!

BFB - I don't get skinny cows here either and I hear they're great!! how many points are they anybody who knows?? I make due with my low fat oreos and maybe some light ice cream. Lately I've been eating some light jello which seems to help with the sugar craving but not with the chocolate but I've gotten much better than I used to be. Haven't heard about those pringles in a while, does that mean they've been banished for good??

Lauren - moving is ****, what more can I say - hopefully it will just be over soon.

Jul - last week I also got the urge to try on some old clothes and found 3 pairs of pants that now fit!! It was so exciting. Two pairs of jeans (one of which I didn't even remember having) and one nice summer pair of pants. That was sooooo exciting for me.

Rabbit - glad things are going better and I also love my microwave popcorn!!

Back to work! Have a great day!

Elisa

lyssalou
01-28-2002, 01:36 PM
I am trying to figure out how everything works around her. I posted my bios in the bios section, but I would like to know more about your points system before I post in the "what I ate" category.

Dh and I just decided last week to loose our weight. They are having a contest at work to see who can loose the most weight. The funny thing is, he is the only one who has lots to loose; 70+ while the rest only need to loose 20# or less. I need to loose 80+.

So far, I am doing pretty good (considering this was my daughter's 12th birthday weekend, and DH's company had a big tada Saturday night). I have been increasing my water intake, and decreasing my sugar intake and eating at home, instead of at fast food restaurants.

I hate exercise, but I realize that it is necessary; so I have an old Susan Powter exercise tape that I am going to use. I like that one because it shows lots of different people levels of fitness, and you can use it at what ever level you need. (Which for me right now, I am doing good to get off of my couch.)

LBH
01-28-2002, 02:03 PM
Hi All,

Lyssa- Welcome! :D Some of us...actually, I think most of us, to some extent, do Weight Watchers. Some of us just watch what we eat, or have another plan of our own. The Points come from the WW system. Have you ever done it before? It's a great program that's easy to follow...and no retrictions! You don't have to post your food journal online, but if you'd like to, you don't have to post points, you can just list what you ate. If you don't already write down everything you eat, it's very enlightening...try it for a couple days and you'll see!

Elisa- I can't remember if I ever tried Skinny Cows or not, but I love the TCBY chocolate sorbet bars! I get them at BJ's wholesale club...do you have them there? You can get them in the regular supermarket too, but not in the big boxes! :lol: They're really creamy and worth every bite...and penny! At BJ's I pay around 6.79/box of ~20, I think...which I think is very reasonable. I definitely recommend them, if you can find them. Congrats on fitting into the pants!

BPB- I see the old hag is playing games with you too?! She's not supposed to be here until around next Tuesday, but she's been here messing with me since last week!! :eek: Dam her!! :mad: Your sister's moving fiasco sounds like us...DH is a bigger procrastinator than me...which just blows my mind...and we didn't get a whole lot packed early, like I told him we should!! So we've been packing as we go. We have no choice but to be done moving by Thursday, then the unpacking/finding a home for everything fun begins. :rolleyes:

Liz- Welcome to the Weekly thread! :D Glad journaling has been helping you. Along with being big procrastinators, DH and I are also the two biggest pack rats I know!! Actually, I do know people worse than us, but for the amount of space we have, we have waay too much stuff!!

Well, thankfully my day has calmed down a little this afternoon. Have a great rest of the day all...

Juldiet
01-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Lauren: OCD = obsessive compulsive disorder.

Lizzard: welcome!! We'll be in Fl in April. Have to be in Aiken SC for mil's 70th birthday bash then going on to FL for vacation time ending in Naples for a Mole Hole convention.

Elisa: good job on 3 pair of old/new pants! Its so fun!!

Lyssalou: Welcome!! I used to have several Susan Powter videos - I liked her alot. Back in the early 90's I lost 40 lbs by going no-fat and following her videos listening to her tapes, etc.. My husband called her my "no-fat guru". Going no-fat was bad because one day I went on the deep end and couldn't stomach another bite of no-fat cheese and gained all the weight plus some. I've been on the lookout for some of her exercise tapes though - would like to have one again.

Weston (5) and I had a nice time in Springfield this morning. I used my Certificate for another little diamond bracelet (my losing weight 'good job' certificate). We went to Petsmart to get some crickets for our lizzards and dog food for the puppy. We then ate at TGIFriday's and Weston didn't give our waiter the 'dragon lecture' (thank goodness). I ate about 1/3 of my soup and 1/3 of my salad. Very full !

I should take the boys for a walk its so beautiful and hot here! Had to change from my turtle neck/sweater into a t-shirt! - jul

Rabbit
01-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Hi all!

Jul - yeah on fitting into the 1995 jeans! :cool:

Lauren - oh, I pity you the moving too! Every time we move, I say never again.

Lizzard - Welcome!! Where in Florida are you?

BPB - Nice of dh to take care of you! ~ Skinny cows are ice cream sandwiches. They are 2 points each and are good sized. I like the vanilla best so far - although there is supposed to be a mint chocolate one that I have yet to see. At my store they also have strawberry & chocolate. ~ Something else I had last night that I have not had in awhile & it was VERY good - WW chocolate chip muffins. Yummy! They're in the freezer section & you warm them up in the microwave. 3 pts. each. Worth it!

Elisa - Hang in there! ~ I don't know what I'd do without popcorn. So filling and so little points. ~ Hooray for the pants that fit!!:D

Lyssalou - Welcome!

Forgot to mention, tomorrow I get my braces off! WooHoo! I wonder if I will miss them??

Rabbit

BigPhatBooty
01-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Did my Tae-Bo tape for the first time in forever - 30 mins - 1 mile - therefore 8 miles cumulative so far

lyssalou
01-28-2002, 08:19 PM
I checked out some of the exercise links here in the site, and found a great one. www.workoutplan.com It gave me a really easy workout schedule that I will be able to do more often than the Susan Powter. I thought I would do what they say, and enhance it with SP.

What is Skinny Cows? Never heard of them.

What is snow? Here in Texas we don't have a clue as to what that is. We took the kids to a Christmas event, and they had snow cone ice for snow. Too weird for me!!!

Dh doesn't have money to pay me for loosing weight, but his work (not sure how that is going to work) is going to give the person in his group who looses the most weight $50; and he said that if he won, and I lost more than him, he would give me the $50.

RoadRunner
01-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Hello all!!!
Well, day 2 and the diet is going right on target!!!Did pick on a piece of fishstick and 3 noodles but that is it..That is the hardest with cooking for kids and family!!!I saved 3 points for the picking and think that covered it all!!!!

Liz and Lyssa--Welcome!!!!!I never heard of skinny cows either!!!SOo glad to have some fellow southerners here!!!!:D :D

Well, snow 3 weeks ago and it is in the 80's tomorrow!!!What a mess for the weather!!We are going to buy beads on Friday..I guess N.O. will be a mess with the Superbowlers and the Mardi Gras people...I am planning to get in and then head out quick on FRriday...See what I get for procrastination!!!:mad:

BFB--Yeah on the Tae Bo!!!!!!I am doing 60minutes of treadmill, weights 3 days/week and then 5 minutes on the bike...We have to do this for 30 days to make it a habit!!!!!I am having the cramps from he$$ and hoping it is AF!!!Tell her to please come here next!!!!It has been 24 days since the surgery, soo I am hoping(but dont know for sure)she is comming soon!!!!!

Lyssa-DH will probably never pay me either, but the incentive is good and we pretend!!!! :smug: I called him today and informed him I lost 18lbs since Sunday!!!!*L*I am still waiting for the check!!!!

Jul--U have dinasours and I have cats!!!I had to resort to refrigerator locks and door knob thingees to protect the stuff in the pantry and the fridge!!I just love Kids!!!!! :^:

Rabbit--Yeah on the braces!!!WOW..I remember when they were put on!!!!

Lauren--WOW..U are deserving of 15pts for the moving!!!!Good luck finishing!!!!

Good evening all!!!
Vicki
Exc=33miles

BaileySG
01-28-2002, 09:33 PM
So, as usual, I don't get over to this thread for a week and you all post a novel! Been readin and readin...

All I have to say for myself is.......GO PATS!!! We're goin to the big dance!!! Brady/Bledsoe will not be stopped! Good thing I don't like chips and dip too much!!!

Nanci - I'm such a sucker - your post inspired me to get out my OLD pants to try on. Quite depressing. Don't let it get you down. You are doing good and it WILL show up on the scales and in the clothes. Many a night I have had to go to bed to stay within points...

BFB: Did that stomach bug eat up all those nasty fat cells and result in a big loss? If not, I am sure the miles will do the trick. Good going! You are inspiring me. By the way, isn't lemon cake a FRUIT and therefor GOOD FOR YOU?!?:devil:

LBH: I feel your moving pain. Nothing to do but slog through it. Working Sunday Sucks! Glad to hear about the bowling victory.

Rabbit: Congrats on getting by the hard days! Keep that chocolate out of the house. Except for the 3 point muffins. YUM. Congrats also on the braces! How long has it been?

RR: Looking forward to seeing you on the journal page. Excellent idea to set aside reward money for workout expenses! The two together should have you all set for your spring "activities";)

Elisa: Congrats on the pants! I, too, weigh every day and set high goals. It is depressing when the results are not what I want, but I really feel it keeps me thinking about what I am trying to acomplish. I try very hard to remember that, although I have not met my unrealistically high standards for myself, I AM DOING IT AND WILL SUCCEED!

Tech: Where are you?? Probably working on the House! Hope all is well and HOPE YOU ARE JOURNALING (you wrote it down):) You must post pictures of the house so we can all enjoy your hard work.

Juldiet: Wow you are doing great. 1995 pants? Thats amazing. I like your goals you have set. Great idea. I, too, have worn tight pants to keep from overeating. Enjoy the bracelet.

LysaLou: Welcome! As Lauren said, the points are from Weight Watchers. You are welcome to post points, a food log or not at all. I do believe, however, that writing down everything you eat somewhere is an excellent idea. Sounds like you are off to a good start with the H2O, sugar and exercise plans! Let us know how we can be of help. YOU CAN DO IT! (I, also, frequently find my butt glued to the couch - trying to work on that:o )

Lizzard: Hello! We have a place called Jonny's foodmaster. They sell sushi rolls cut up into 9 pieces for $4.80. Typically, I will have 3 or 4 for a meal with LOTS of veggies. Lately, I have been having WAY more a meal and it is too expensive. Must shrink stomach! Yeay on the jeans! They will fit soon.

Backfor 2002
01-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone.

Well it was kind of a MANIC Monday. I am glad the day is over. I am doing well on the points though. I am really in the groove right now. If we could just bottle this feeling. :-) It is helping so much to have DH doing this with me.

RR, It sounds like things are going great for you. I tell ya I could sure use some of that 80 degree weather that you and Lyssa are having. This is about the time I start getting sick and tired of the gloom and cold.

Jul, Way to go on the jeans! That is AWESOME. You have done so well.

Liz & Lyssalou, Welcome! This place is so good for the motivation and support.

BFB, It sounds like the hubby is being a doll.

Elisa, Great job on the pants fitting. I am really hoping to have some more fit me soon.

Kymber, If you are around we would love to have you pop in and say hi.

Night all

Backfor 2002
01-28-2002, 11:19 PM
Bailey,

I don't really have a preferance for the game so I will root for your team!

lizzard_h
01-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Okay...how do you guys keep up with so many people???:dizzy:

Rabbit, I'm in Cocoa and work at the rocket ranch. I totally love it here.

Thanks for all the happy welcomes. Hopefully I can get to know everyone. By the time I get to the bottom of the thread I've forgotten about all the stuff at the beginning!! (Can't help it -- I'm blonde!! :) )

How do you guys have these big losses every week? I exercise a lot (and eat a lot) so my scale is barely moving but at least it is and in the right direction too.

lyssalou
01-29-2002, 10:58 AM
Lizzard- I'm not blonde, but I can't remember 1/2 of what I read by the time I start to post either, and forget knowing who said it. I guess we will be better at it once we get to know everyone.

Has any one explained what skinny cows is yet? I'm dying to know, so I can know if we get them here. We probably do since our city was just named the best city to eat in, and also the fattest city. (Houston, TX) If you want to loose weight, don't come here!!!

BigPhatBooty
01-29-2002, 11:22 AM
Just a quick stop by. For those of you who remember or were around, I was doing some studying just before Christmas.

Well I rang to get my results (so impatient) and I got a distinction for all five subjects :smug:

At least something nice has happened to me today.

elisa822
01-29-2002, 01:56 PM
BFB - Good for you - If I knew how to use all the fancy fonts and colours this would look better but the feelings the same - congrats! see good work does pay off (and it will for the scale too!)

LBH
01-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi All,

I'm pretty busy, but I had to pop in!! I finally weighed in this AM and I think I'm down a pound...will check what the previous weight was. That's not saying much, considering it's been a few wks. since I WI. Will resume WI on Sunday this week though.

BFB- Congrats on the honors.

Don't have time to check all my replies...hi to everyone, will try and check in tomorrow! Bowling night...veggies here I come!! :D

RoadRunner
01-29-2002, 07:55 PM
CONGRATS BFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls--I dont remember...I cheat and scroll down to the bottom and reread all the threads!!!!:devil: :devil: That is the only way to keep up!!!!!!

No excercise..worked both jobs=15hrs soo I am bathing kiddies and myself and heading to the bed!!!!!!!
Vicki

BigPhatBooty
01-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Thank you :D

Backfor 2002
01-30-2002, 12:33 AM
HI!

We just got back from getting our hair cut. I got mine colored as well. It is a little lighter than it has been but it looks nice. For some reason the top of my head was really sensitive tonight. I was driving her crazy with my constant ouching.

Liz, What is the rocket ranch?

BFB, A very big CONGRATS to you on the grades. That is fantastic.

Lauren, I would say a lb down after everything you have had going on the past couple of weeks is SUPER.

RR, I don't know how you do the two jobs and kids. YIKES.

Still doing great on plan and with the exercise. We are still in the groove.

lizzard_h
01-30-2002, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm trying not to be bummed. I stepped on the scale this morning and it was up 2 pounds:( . I lifted weights yesterday and pushed myself extra hard. Hopefully my muscles are just trying to recover and I'll go back down by the weekend. My goal is to stick with the current exercise program for one month and take my measurements again to see how I did. I hope that putting in 20 miles a week will do something for my fat butt!!:lol:

Backfor, the rocket ranch is Kennedy Space Center and the space program. How'd that haircut work for you?? I'm thinking if I get mine cut real short I can lose a pound or two - it's long and thick now. What can I say? I'm desperate!!:D

Vicki, thanks for the advice. I'll use your scrolling idea. How do you do two jobs with kids? You are one mighty woman!!

LBH, Congrats on the loss! Are the veggies still a hit at the bowling alley?? Is that PMS all gone now? Mine will start next week. Wish me luck.

Lyssa, After reading back it looks like skinny cows are some kind of ice cream. I've never seen them but I usually stay out of the frozen dessert aisle. I don't have that much willpower yet.

Oh well, here's to a day of healthy eating and happy thoughts!

LBH
01-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Hi All,

Well, I'm starting the morning off bad!! :( Having a cholesterol sandwich...grilled rye with taylor ham and cheese. For all of you from outside New Jersey, taylor ham may be also known as pork roll, or else you've just never heard of it at all!! I don't know how else to describ it, but it's good, and appears to be a NJ thing! :D I certainly don't need it, but it's a nice change every now and then!

Lizzard- Yes, the veggies are still a hit...last night he only had one left, so my friend and I shared a little...I ate most. He told me he keeps selling them to the kid's league! I told him he's gotta make more! I have to tell him to lower the price though, $5. is waay too much. Yes, the PMS is still here! AF is wrecking havoc on me since I've been off the pill. Been spotting for like 8 days now, and AF is not "due" until next Tuesday!! UGH...probably more information than anyone needed to know...sorry!! :o

Nanci- Doesn't it feel great when you get a haircut/color? I love getting my hair cut...just wish my hair grew faster, so I could be more daring with it!

RR- I know I asked you this before, but I forget, what's your 2nd job? I scroll down to respond too, I have a horrible memory!!

Lyssa- Skinny Cows are basically like a Chipwich, but I think it's a chocolate "cookie" not choc. chip.

OK, I'm not gonna start any trouble here...especially since the Giants...or Jets for that matter...are not in the Super Bowl, but from what I understand, the Patriots are gonna get their butts kicked!! :D :lol: I told DH he doesn't have to worry about having company over Sunday, because the Giants aren't in it anyway...but he's still a man, and must watch, so he has something to talk about.

OK, have a great day all!!

BaileySG
01-30-2002, 10:49 AM
HEY LAUREN:

Would that butt kicking be along the lines of the butt kicking they took last week?

I think not!

So sorry NY didn't get an invite to the big game :devil:

Don't &^@# with boston, man.

But seriously, I realize they are the underdog, but a girl can dream, can't she? By the way, you should all watch next week - we have the CUTEST quarterbacks;) Nanci - thanks for the support:D

As for keeping up, I usually read all the time, but post rarely (once a week seems rare here!) If there have been only a few posts since my last, I scroll down. If there have been lots, I....Take Notes! Seven years of grad school can really make you odd.

Lizzard, sounds like a great job! Remember, slow and steady wins the race! Any big loss is likely to be H2O and not "real". So, while they may look exciting, I think big losses are no where near as exciting as several small ones. Keep up the good work! - Also, unless you KNOW why you have gained, I think something like a 2 lb gain is probably water retention. Don't "sweat" it.

BFB: WELL DONE!!!!!

RR: Reading your posts makes me tired! You rock.

BaileySG
01-30-2002, 11:32 AM
Question - Why is it soo hard to get past a "decade" mark in weight loss? You know, from --0 to --9? Is it your body that knows, and thinks that would be too big a change? Is it the scale that has a problem, thinking that that is too much information to keep track of? Or, is it the CHOCOLATE:o ?

Whatever it is, I guess I should be GLAD, as, once I hit that "9" I lose two points a day!

LBH
01-30-2002, 11:47 AM
Just for the record...here in Jersey, we call them the New JERSEY Giants!! :D :D :D

BaileySG
01-30-2002, 12:20 PM
LOL - meant no NY/NJ teams! Sorry - really do prefer jersey to NY!

Juldiet
01-30-2002, 01:17 PM
I don't keep up with football but isn't St Louis in???? (and I'm from MO!!) I'd rather watch hockey (I'm feeling a bit aggressive today - in a bad mood).

Scale was up 2 lbs for me too! :(
I was really, really bad yesterday. Sort of had a binge on chips/salsa. Made cinnamon rolls too. It was just a bad day all the way around. Today is better food wise, an orange and a banana muffin for breakfast. I've got a potato in the oven for lunch, and I think we'll have pasta and veggies for dinner or soup and salad.

Its raining and spitting a bit of ice outside so not planning to go anywhere....should do an exercise video sometime today if I can fit it in. I'm in one of those bad moods where you just can't sit down so I've been cleaning like crazy, scrubbing hard, etc...so I know I'm getting a workout. And its not even my PMS week!

- jul

LBH
01-30-2002, 01:31 PM
OK, Bailey...forgiven!! :D

Jul- Yes, St. Louis...Rams...right? :lol:, I can't remember all these names!! Yummy, I love baked potatoes...not as much as mashed, but they're second in line! Have you ever frozen whole potatoes?? I'm curious if it can be done. I love the big potatoes you get at Costco, but I never buy them because they go bad before I get to the bottom of the bag. Sometimes I'd just love to have baked potatoes for dinner, but never have them! I froze a baked potato cut up, not cooked, with a little lemon juice on it, and it was fine...just curious about the whole potato!

I'm waiting for the rain here! They said it's gonna yucky today, after lunch. It's been dark and dreary all day, but no rain yet. Thankfully, because DH took off to finish up at the apartment. He had a few trips back and forth to make with the pick up.

Yeah, I'm still busy, but I'm kind of slacking today...

Juldiet
01-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Lauren: I really don't know about freezing a baked potato but I think it can be done because can't you already buy frozen twice baked?? The lemon juice is probably a good idea to keep it from browning. I'm a huge potato fan! When I was pg with Alex thats all I wanted, usually mashed or baked. I'd serve mashed for dinner and Kenny was always like "is there anything else?" nope! just the mashed. (With Weston it was onion rings!!).

I hate throwing away potatos too, put can never pass up the 10lb for 99cent sale. I did buy 4 huge huge huge potatoes last night just for lunch today and tomorrow. I usually use the smaller ones for soup, stew, hashbrowns, etc. Oh idea!! I'll go ahead and shread up some of the small ones, sprinkle with lemon juice and put in the freezer for hashbrowns.

O.K., I'm trying to get over the bad mood. Its been good for me to get online and visit my different discussion boards and just 'talk'. Now I should go clean something else!!, jul

LBH
01-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Jul- :lol:, you should just got eat some potatoes...that'll cheer you up!! :lol: I think I'm gonna buy a regular size loose baking potato at the grocery store and stick it in the freezer for a month and see what happens...I'll let you know!! I want to buy the big ones at Costco, because it's like $5. for a big bag of them! I don't remember how many pounds, but it was a lot.

Rabbit
01-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Boy, I was gone for a day and everybody and their brother posted . . .twice! Took me awhile to read it all!

Yeah the braces are off!!:D :D I'm so excited! I smile and look at my teeth everytime I go by a mirror!

BPB - yeah on doing the taebo tape!! And yeah for DISTINCTION!!

Lyssalou - yes, skinny cows are ice cream sandwiches. low fat. ~ Hope you win that $50 from hubby.

RR - wow - can't believe you remember that - it was a long time ago when I got them. ~ It must definitely be a crazy time in N.O.

Bailey - sorry girlfriend, but I have one thing to say - GO RAMS!

OK, I have more to say. It's been 2 1/2 years to answer your question about my braces. ~ And I vote that it's the chocolate that makes it so hard to hit a new decade!

Nanci - So happy for you that you're in the groove!! And I'm all for bottling it - let me know when you do. ` And ah, the rams are a great team!!:)

Lizzard - cool! What an interesting place to work! Is that the I Dream of Jeanie place? ~ Sorry about the gain. :(

Liz & Lyssa - I take notes to respond! That's the only way I can remember it all.:dizzy:

Jul - sorry about the gain.

OK, I think that covers it!

Rabbit
**GO RAMS** :)

Backfor 2002
01-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Ok a quick post before I come back and write a longer one.

I AM STARVING! I want Mexican food in a bad way. So much for the groove I was feeling. I have stayed op all day and am not going to mess it up now but I can sure taste the chips & salsa and a nice margarita. HELP

RoadRunner
01-31-2002, 05:35 AM
Good Morning!!!!
I was having 30 something Diva withdrawals and couldn't get here last night!!!!Dance class, healthclub, homework!!!!

Liz--I am new to this motherhood stuff!!!I did the 2 jobs and the other stuff before I became instant mom 8 months ago and now just cant let my "other" life go yet!!DH does the cleaning and washing..soo I just have to cook!!!!He even does the dishes and after dinner cleanup while I bathe the little one....

Lauren-I do the same thing at a free standing outpt surgery center...It is just the same job but at a smaller place..We are experiencing a nursing shortage again and they are possible planning some kind of bonus to keep us..Hmmmm..sounds good to me..THey are paying big bucks to work extra but I would rather be with Refman!!!!!:dizzy: :lol: I use to be the workhorse but I am rather lazily married now!!!!

Well, must run to work!!!!I have procrastinated enough this morning!!!!
Vicki
37miles
PS...I have been OP since Sunday!!!!:cool: I dont journal on the computer page but I do faithfully at home!!!!!

lizzard_h
01-31-2002, 08:45 AM
I have a question for all you WW members. I've never been a member but a friend gave me their book for food points so I'm able to keep track of that. But how do they handle exercise? I read in the WW postings someone said that for every 20 min you get to add a point. Is that true?? Can someone help me here? I'm going over my points range almost every but only by a few but I'm also exercising 1 1/2 hours everyday. I'd just like to know if I'm doing okay by their plan. Thanks!!!!

RR, Congrats on being OP!! It sounds like you have a wonderful supportive husband.

Backfor, I know what you mean about cravings. I've been OP for almost two weeks and I am totally craving macaroni and cheese. Not one serving though -- one whole box!!! Mac & Cheese is my downfall and I have to eat the whole thing so I've been staying away.

Rabbit, Congrats on getting the braces off!! It must feel great to see a pretty white smile again. Yep it's the IDOJ place. Lots of changes since then though.:D I'm not too worried about the gain. I know I fluctuate during the week and hopefully by Saturday (my WI day) I'll be back down again.

Bailey, why is it so hard to get down to the next set of numbers?? I've noticed that too. I want to be down in the 150's so bad I could scream. I'm trying to be patient. I'm bummed though cuz I don't think I'm gonna make my V-day goal. I'm only losing about 1 lb a week and I still have 4 lbs to go.:( Oh well, I'll just keep trying.

Gotta get some work done. Have a great day everyone!!

LBH
01-31-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi All,

Liz- Yes, the way WW works it is this: You have to do the initial 20 minutes of exercise a day. For every 20 minutes over that initial 20 minutes, you earn 1 point. You can either bank it, or use it. If you want to keep track of exercise here, we could every 20 minutes of exercise (that's not actual mileage) as a mile. So if you do aerobics for an hour, that's 3 miles. I don't know how much we're still keeping track though. RR was keeping track for us, but that was before she got married and life got incredibly busy!! :dizzy: You could just keep track of it and post it in your journal or on this thread once a week or something though.

Rabbit- Congrats on getting the braces off!! :D - You can do that a lot now!! :D :D :D

RR- Thanks for the reminder! :) Hey, that's cool, take whatever bonus they give you!!

Nanci- Hope you made it through the craving without caving!!

Have to go back to the apartment for the last time tonight. We have just a little left to pack and then we have to clean!! :cool: DH decided he didn't feel like putting a dropcloth down when he painted, so now he has to scrub paint off the hardwood floor...and he wonders why I cringe when he wants to do these projects!! He thinks I'm lazy!! Basicallly the place just needs to be vacuumed and the kitchen wiped down, most of it's clean. We can barely move in the house though, boxes everywhere!! :eek: I really wish I could take off tomorrow...even a half day today, to work on unpacking, but I can't. Might take Monday off though, since things will be calmer next week when my boss has gone back to Atlanta!!

Anyway, have a great day all!!

Rabbit
01-31-2002, 05:03 PM
HI ALL!

I'm still glad to have my braces off, but I must say this retainer is driving me bananas! The first day it was too loose and was slipping up around my gums so I had to go back to the ortho and he tightened it -- boy did he tighten it! Now it is killing me! A lot of pressure on 2 teeth mainly and now it is slipping down because it is so tight and sometimes pops off when I talk. Marvelous.

Tonight is weigh in and I've done fine but the scale is not showing it. Hope I do not have a gain as I don't deserve it.:(

Nanci - oh no on the mexican craving! Hope you got threw it. We are going to a super bowl party where the theme will be mexican food. It'll be tough.

RR - nice that dh does so much!:) ~ Yeah op!!

Liz - I'm not really sure about the ww exercise points so I'm glad Lauren explained it. I actually think what she said is the old way and it has changed and you get a point now for the initial 20 minutes of exercise also. But I could be wrong. ~ My weight fluctuates all the time too - and it usually goes up on weigh in day!:lol:

Lauren - yep I am :D all the time (except for when I have to take the retainer out & in - it's painful now). ~ Glad you got it all moved!

Hope the site doesn't go out for long - I saw the message that they will be moving it again. ~ I may not be around much for the next few days though as I'm going out of town for the weekend (and I'm going to my sister's, the junk food queen for those of you who remember - oh no!!).

Rabbit

Backfor 2002
01-31-2002, 11:46 PM
Ok I made it through the Mexican craving without caving!

We just got back from WW I was down 3.6 and DH was down 4.4 It feels good to have such a good loss after the .4 loss last week.

Jul, That 2lbs will be gone b4 you know it. You are doing so well, don't let it get you down.

Bailey, It does seem hard to move the scale down on those milestone numbers.

Liz, Your work place sounds very interesting. I think the weights will effect your weight in the short term. Make sure you take your measurements so you can see that success.

Vicky, You are about the least lazy person I have ever met.

Rabbit, Way to go on those braces! Don't you love running your tongue across your teeth. Good luck at the sisters. Keep thinking about how hard you have been working.

Lauren, I hope you get Monday off. It will feel so good to finally be able to put your house in order.

Ok I found the Skinny Cow's and they are AWESOME!

Happy TGIF tomorrow everyone!

lizzard_h
02-01-2002, 08:47 AM
Ugghh...thank goodness this week is over. I've been exhausted every night. My hubby has been going to the gym after work so I come home do chores, feed the pets, cook dinner, clean the kitchen and then I get to relax (I shouldn't whine...some of you out there do much more than that). I was doing good at the beginning of the week but Thurs & today I am starving. No matter what I eat I want more. I also have a bad attitude today so I don't really care about sticking with the plan. Grrrr. I guess PMS is starting a couple days early.

I met with the girl at the gym this morning and took my measurements along with the fun fat calipers - I go back to her in three months to see my progress. I also took my measurements at home a week ago so I can track it once a month. Wish me luck!!

Backfor -- Way to Go!!!!! I wish I had your willpower especially today.

Rabbit & LBH -- Thanks for your inputs on the exercise question. That gives me a few more points to work with so I'm not doing as bad as I thought (except for yesterday's vanilla wafer binge).

LBH -- Congrats on the move. Hopefully you are all done now and can work on getting the new place put together.

Rabbit
02-01-2002, 09:13 AM
HI ALL - NOTICE THE RAMS COLORS!

I did that especially for you Bailey. Oh, I'm just a riot.:lol:

Leaving today but thought I would check in first.

Nanci - Yeah for the strength of getting through that craving! Yeah for losing 3.6 pounds!:eek: You are :smoking: girl! ~ Yes, my teeth feel so odd without all the hardware! I got them cleaned yesterday. :D But I'm going to have to go back to the ortho as this retainer is popping off my teeth all of the time!:( ~ Glad you found the skinny cows! Aren't they marvelous? And only 2 pts. WooHoo!

Liz - hooray for taking your measurements! A great thing to keep up on. Good luck.

Will try to check in from out of town . . . wish me luck!

Rabbit

TechAlum
02-01-2002, 12:16 PM
Hello All,

Man this sites been busy this week!!!!!

Well January was a bust :(. I can't seem to get back on track since I'm home all day and don't have a regular schedule to follow. Anyone have any helpful hints?

We skipped WW on Tuesday because K was late home and I was in the middle of the second coat of paint on the dinning room, thank god the main painting's done and K's doing the trim (he's much neater at painting than I am :) ).

Got in a bunch of exercise points the last two days shoveling snow/slush (man was it heavy) hopefully that helps.

LBH - Good luck finishing up the move, even with mover's it's still a pain (of course to save $ we pack they carry and drive), every time I move I swear this will be the last time for a while and it never is, I am also the hugest pack rat and K's not much better. Isn't your anniversery coming up? Did you find somewhere to go?

BFB - Congrats ont the grades :D.

RR - Hope the trip to NO goes well, it is definately going to be a zoo!!!

Rabbit - Good luck at your sisters you can do it you ARE STRONGER THAN THAT JUNK FOOD!!!!

Backfor - 3.6 :eek: Congratulations.

Lizzard - PMSing sucks. Hang in there you'll get thru it. We'll be down in FL the last week in March visiting the in-laws. Last time we visited we went to Space Center, it was a blast (of course we're both engineers....)

Jule - I am also a potato fanatic, I like mine nuked because it's quick and easy and I can't tell the difference from baked.

Well, gotta go. I want to update my webpage before I run out to the store.

Have a great weekend all.

- Tech :spin:

Juldiet
02-01-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech - I don't even have a microwave. Never liked them. We don't 'do' leftovers very well, so I never used it much when I had one.

Nanci: great job. I've got to get back on track!

- jul

RoadRunner
02-01-2002, 09:57 PM
Made it back!!!lots of Ram fans!!!t was funny to see the people buying Mardi Gras things like crazy!!!!We left quickly cuz the parades were running in a few hours and I hate crowds!!!!
Happy Friday all!!!
Vicki
PS...6th day OP..Went to eat tonight at a Buffet and I got the grilled chicken and a salad!!!!Now I have to work on the butt/hip area!!!!!
Exc=37miles

TechAlum
02-01-2002, 11:02 PM
Just a real quick note to say if anyones interested I updated my web page with more wedding photos and some of the honeymoon ones, hope to add more this weekend we'll see.

eskimo.com/~dms (http://www.eskimo.com/~dms)

Have a great weekend all :D

-Tech :spin:

RoadRunner
02-02-2002, 09:09 AM
WOw Tech..that was some beautiful scenery!!!I may have to look into going that way one day..REmind me..what month was that???
PS..Loved the "kids" in your wedding day pic!!!!!
RR

Juldiet
02-02-2002, 09:33 AM
Tech, I started to look but kept going back to look at that first photo with your golden retriever......I kept thinking about Levi and ended up having to go look thru my Levi album (we lost him sept10)...I'm sorry!!! Maybe I can try again later today....sometimes I'm a little too 'wierd'.

LBH
02-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Hi All,

Feels like forever to an addict like me since I've been here!! :eek: :lol: I ended up being able to take off Friday instead of Monday. That was good, since I needed to get the place in order before the family got here tomorrow!! Got everything out of the old place and got it cleaned by 7:10 Thursday night! They told us we had to turn in the keys by 7:30, when the office closed...if it weren't for the last minute, I don't know how I'd survive!! :lol:

I made a huge dent yesterday getting things put away. Went throught all the boxes in the 2nd BR and either put the stuff away, or labeled the boxes and stacked them in the closet. (They're those small file boxes.) Mom came over in the afternoon and helped me with a bunch of stuff too. Today I'm going to bring the clothes in from outside...they're in big plastic buckets covered with a tarp on the side of the house.

We bought a shed last night! Went to a Lowe's in North Bergen, which is the closest one to use. Actually, there's a new one, up by our old place, but it's not open yet. :( This one is like 25 miles away, and close to NYC...in the "armpit" area of NJ. :lol: Dani and Karen will know exactly where I'm talking about!! The good thing though, is that we only paid 3% tax, instead of 6%, because of the area. It's an 8x8 vinyl shed. Supposedly it goes up in a couple hours. We couldn't fit in in the p/u, so they're delivering it Monday. Wish they could've delivered it today, but they couldn't. Ended up spending a lot more than we wanted to, because we had to buy the floor kit. In total, with delivery, it was 802.00!! :eek: But we need it and it'll go with us when we move.

I'm still using the iMac home here, because DH hasn't had time to mess with the PC and figure out the problem. I hate using this computer. :( Have a great day all!!