Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Height: 5'10"

Default Taking a shot at Medifast...

Hi Everyone,

I joined this site a few weeks ago, and after reading a lot of different posts I have decided to give Medifast a shot. My "fighting weight" used to be 145, but I am now hovering at 180 in spite of regular strenuous exercise. In the past 6 years I have gone from a size 8 to a snug 14. My metabolism hit a wall after I turned 30. I didn't expect the package to arrive so soon, so I won't be starting until after Christmas. I have started with 5 weeks worth of food. I am hoping Medifast will get me started on losing the first 15 or so, and I can do the rest myself. I'm guessing it'll be easier once I get the satisfaction of actually seeing the scale move downward.
I'm hoping to chronicle my experiences as much as possible on this board. I haven't figured out how to post photos yet, but I will. And if anyone felt like cheering me on, that would be way cool!

Cheers,
Mo
Old 12-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Way to go! You can always come over to the "here goes with medifast" thread for tons of support, too!
Maya
Old 12-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #3  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

Talking You can do it!!

Hi Mo!

You can do it! I am re-starting, today, on New Lifestyle Diet (NLD), which, for all intents and purposes, is extremely similar to Medifast (but less expensive, excellent customer service, friendly forums). I've been watching Maya's thread, and kicking myself for going off NLD; I'd have lost what she has! So I'm recommitting, TODAY. I'm a newer diabetic, and my BGL have been very high lately due to my loss of eating control. This NLD/Medifast will get my blood sugar under control pronto, it did last time, and I FELT SO MUCH BETTER!!

I found that if I eat/drink my NLD every two hours, I'm never hungry...

Best wishes!
Monique
Old 12-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #4  

Default Thanks

The big START day is Wednesday, after the Christmas chaos. Why does every holiday have to be dripping with sugar...really? Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, Easter.....seems that the manufacturers of high fructose corn syrup want us to stay addicted. Don't get me going, I'll rant for hours.
I'll try to get some before photos, but don't be surprised if there's a paper bag over my head. I'm that ashamed.
Thanks for the encouragement, stay tuned for more.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

I love medifast, and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me. It has been a life changing diet, er, I mean eating plan.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #6  

Its a great program!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #7  

Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I have to say this site is a little tricky with the photos and tickers. I may just keep a little progress album for myself.
D day is tomorrow. I got a 6 pack of Guinness for tonight...feeling naughty.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #8  

Default EEEEEeeeeee!

OK, halfway through day one. I have to say, I am very hungry with this plan so far, and waiting 2.5 hours between "feedings" is killing me. I am not cranky or miserable yet, but a little light headed and have a bit of a headache. But generally I feel like I'm doing something good, something that will have big rewards in the end.
The oatmeal was great this morning, the bar tasted like pressed chocolate sawdust, and the shakes were thin and watery. I won't even get into the cream of broccoli soup. But I realize that none of this stuff is going to taste like a snickers bar...so I'm keepin' on keepin' on. It took me 5 years to get this fat, I won't lose it overnight. I'll have to try some of the recipe modifications when I get used to this.
I am also noticing a diuretic effect of this plan. Anyone else have to pee every hour?
This morning I was 177.5. I will not go near the scale again until Sunday. I've never looked forward to a turkey burger and asparagus dinner more in my life.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Boudicca, I am going to copy your today's post over to our main Medifast Thread which gets more action....and sympathy, if you need it!

I am not in love with this food but we need to do this.

See you on the other thread.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thread closed and post moved.
Join the other MFasters in
Closed Thread