Support Groups - Floozies #32

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Floozies #32

ShelleyM
12-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Hey, ladies! I took it upon myself to start a fresh thread, since Dee suggested it.

Dee-My eating yesterday was horrible. I ate cookies all day at school. If I am real upset, like when I hung up on evil MIL, I can't eat. But if I do start with sugar, I am all day long eating. The girls didn't get a whole lot for Hanukkah. I told them it would be lean this year, so I only spent $300.00 on each. Patty got a pair of Versace sunglasses. That was her only gift, since they were that much. Becky got a pair of running shoes, a Vera Bradley purse and a couple of other things. Patty's 18th birthday is Jan 13, so I already got her the silver Tiffany bracelet that I gave Becky when she turned 18.

This is the last few days for work until Jan. 7. The kids at school are restless and the week has gone on forever!!! Better get going.

alinnell
12-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Good morning Shelley~I know what you mean about the holidays being lean! I spent about $400 on each of my kids. All their presents fit in a stocking.

My eating has been pretty good all week, but I am making turkey tetrazzini for dinner tonight. My recipe calls for 1 cup of whipping cream. Not a diet meal for sure! Anyway, last night I had my homemade turkey noodle soup and I only had one bowl and one slice of pumpernickel bread and the scale showed a loss this morning! Must eat more clear soups!!!

coles
12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Shelley - Thanks for starting the new thread.
My eating has been terrible, there is just too much temptation out there this time of year.
When we are stuck in the house all winter it is hard to not overeat out of boredom. TV-itis sets in. Doug had to get the snow off the roof today because it was getting very heavy.
We had rain today! This weather is crazy. We had a BBQ tonight for supper. When Doug started the BBQ he could smell something. He took it apart and found the back stuffed with peanuts and seeds. The squirrels have been very busy since our last BBQ. Steak tasted wonderful.

Deelite
12-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Shelley your kids have fine taste just like their mother! They are very lucky that you are spending that much on them. We usually spend around $250 on each kid. Now we have the three of them but ended up spending over $300 on them because of the fabulous deals in Vegas.
I forgot that you had another run in with the evil mother in law. Mine is evil but we don't see each other very often. Thank goodness.
When I get upset I usually eat. From reading your food journal and by comments that you make I am sure that you are addicted to sugar. I am and I can see an addict.....lol
Enjoy your time off from work. Only two more days of restless kids.
Thanks for starting a new thread.

Allison I have never heard of turkey tetrazzini. No clue what it is but it does sound rich and yummy.
Your kids too sound like they will have a nice Christmas.
You asked where in Mexico that I am going.....I will be going back to our usual plave In Vallarta. It is a great deal and the location is right in the middle of all the entertainment and restaurants.

Janice did you have squirrel steak? They must have been diet portions! lol
Larry had to shovel the snow off of our roof this weekend too. Usually it doesn't need to be done til Jan or Feb. We are having mild temps to but still below freezing.
New work for the day TV-ITIS.....I like it.

Baba or Vivian got her call today to set up for treatments for her cancer. She will be starting Jan 3. They are going to give her a drug that will double her life expectancy. This drug had to be improved from the goverment. She is swollen from the back up of lymp fluid. She actually has stretch marks from it. It is causing her a lot of pain. She went up from a plus 1 to a plus 4.

I phoned the pain clinic yesterday to see what it going on. I went to see them in may and haven't heard back from them as to when they will do the injections. I figured by now I should have an appointment. Apparently I was suppose to have one June 17th but they forgot to call. Then my nurse went on maternity leave. For some reason I got lost in the files again.
They will talk to the doctor tomorrow and let me know when I can come in. I am scared because I have had one shot in the spine this time it is six and they hurt. Not only while the procedure is being done but it took me a month to recover. They are hoping that this new medication in the injection will be better. It will start taking affect about a week after. I am hoping that it will give me enough time to recover before mexico.

alinnell
12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Dee~good luck with your injections.

Janice~stay warm!!!

Turkey Tetrazzini (yum)

1/4 c butter
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c whipping cream
1 c chicken broth
2 c cut up turkey
7 ounces spaghetti, broken in half and cooked according to package directions
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1/4 c parmesan cheese

Melt butter in sauce pan. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Add salt and pepper and cook until mixture is smooth. Whisk in whipping cream and chicken broth. Heat until bubbly and mixture thickens slightly. Add cooked spaghetti, turkey and mushrooms. Pour into casserole. Top with parmesan cheese and place in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is lightly browned.

Deelite
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Ohh, Allison that sounds yummy. I think that I will try that but I will replace the whipped cream with evaporated milk. I know, I know it won't be the same but it cuts down the fat a bit.

Today I weighed in at ww's and I am up 1/2 a pound. I am pleased with that as our weight fluctuates a lot even in a day. After eatting all those cookies and about a pound of carmel corn I didn't do bad at all on the scale. I thought that I better weigh in so I can prepare myself for christmas. If I was up a couple of pounds I would have to be very careful. This week we ate fish twice for supper and I will have shrimp one day this weekend. I find that eatting fish keeps me in check. I am going to need it if I get started in the treats.

alinnell
12-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm actually made the recipe with fat free milk to cut down on fat and a few calories. It wasn't bad--just not quite as creamy. I always use fat free broth and one of these days I'll try it with 1/4 the butter and substitute in some Z-trim to see if it will work for the cream sauce. I always use whole wheat pasta.

The taco guy is here with the food for our holiday party at the office. Carne asada, carnitas and chicken, fresh grilled to make your own tacos. With rice, beans, chips and salsa. Yummy.

Deelite
12-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Allison lunch sounds yummy. Do you have many Mexican's working for you?

Today I went for my torturous massage. Man is she deap and does it hurt. It is suppose to break down the scare tissue.

Larry is still at work trying to tie up loose ends. He had stayed late every night. He is off til January 2nd. I know that he will be in work at least one of those days.

I don't think that I will be around much for the next week but I will try when I get a chance.

Merry Christmas everyone.

coles
12-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Dee - I hope the injections will give you some relief finally. You have such a positive outlook even when living with pain. You are an inspiration for many people.
sounds like everyones going to have a good Christmas. Things have gotten so commercial people forget the real meaning of the season.
I'm working this weekend but I think I'll go to the mall on my lunch just to watch the frantic shoppers. (Mostly men I bet)

Shy Moment
12-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Sounds really yummy. I am going to use the light whipping cream and see how it comes out. Will cut a ton of the fat out of it but still have the whipping cream. Will also replace the turkey with chicken. I get chicken breasts that are 1 gram of fat for 4 oz. Way lower fat content than turkey. Will have about 13 grams of fat with fat free broth, light whipping cream and chicken.

ShelleyM
12-22-2007, 07:09 AM
I have made a pact with myself that I will not eat anymore chocolate. I have had 3 days of nonstop sweets. Today we are headed to Sarasota for my nephew's engagement party. I'll be luck to fit into anything! First, I'm headed out for a run.

Dee-You are an inspiration to us all. Keep the faith. I know how much pain you have been in over the years. I can't believe you got lost in the medical shuffle. Mike still goes every month to his pain clinic for a checkup and refill on pain meds.

Janice-That was funny about the BBQ.

Allison-You are an inspiration with your staying OP.

coles
12-22-2007, 06:07 PM
It seems strange to say but I am looking forward to getting back on track with my eating. There is chocolate everywhere these days. I work in an old age home and families are constantly bringing in treats. I will be glad when all that temptation is gone.
No not BBQ squirrel just nuts.

Deelite
12-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Janice bbq squirrel, ugh! Chocolates are over-rated. I really don't like them that much unless it is chocolate nuts, I would rather have carmel corn that is loaded with syrup. Now that is addicting.
Thanks for the well wishes with the shots. The pain clinic phoned yesterday and wanted me to go for my shots on christmas eve......yikes. I said no because I didn't want to be immobile and in pain for the holidays. Memories of a sad christmas a couple of years ago are too fresh. I just hated being in the hospital for the month of december and in so much pain. Hopefully they will schedule me in enough time to recover before my trip.
How was the mall? We are going to go shortly and people watch too.

Rennie let us know how your recipe turns out. I don't think we have lite whipping cream here.

Shelley NO MORE CHOCOLATES! It is a good thing that you are a runner or you would have a lot of extra padding on the behind. How was the engagement party? Did they have a dinner or appetizers? When is the big day?
I guess that Gayle must be counting the weeks and soon days til Liz's wedding. I sure do miss her posts. It would be a nice christmas surprise for her to come back to us.
What kind of meds in Mike on? I am sure that you told me but I forgot. I know that you must understand what Larry is going through with dealing with me and my chronic pain. I am sure that it isn't easy for either of you.

Allison are you busy today with the last minute preparations?
Today Desiree came over and baked cookies with me. I spoiled the kids when they were little and we iced and decorated short bread cookies. I know that they are usually served plain but this way if they were decorated I could get the kids involved. Now that is their fav and they would like them every year. So that is what we did. Even Larry got involved with the decorating of the cookies. It was fun. It took us about 3 hours to do 4 dozen.
After we were done Larry's younger brother (26 years) that is in the army popped by. We had a visit over lattes and cookies. He was picking up Dez so they could go out for dinner with Jay and Ash and them watch christmas movies together. I thought that was nice. They don't hang out usually. They are so close in age that I think that they will have fun. Dez calls him uncle Jeff. tonight he said that you can call me Jeff not Uncle Jeff. lol

Well I better get going.....I sent Larry out to pick up the groceries for christmas breakfast and christmas dinner. Hopefully they have everything. Then off to watch people.

alinnell
12-22-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm busy with my company and with my Mom. My sister called yesterday to let me know that Mom fell down the stairs and broke her leg (both bones in one lower leg). She didn't call for help for 2 hours (she managed to scoot herself back up the stairs using her good leg). My Dad is too hard of hearing--he probably had no idea there was a problem. The neighbors came by (firefighters) and wanted her to call 911. It was very snowy there and they couldn't figure out a way to safely get her in the car to go to the hospital. She called my sister in Texas (she lives in Utah) and my sister told her to call my sister-in-law. She did and SIL was only 2 minutes away. She's an RN. She came in and called 911 and they took her to the hospital where she remains. She wont' have to have surgery at this point--3 weeks in a wheel chair and another 6 weeks in some sort of a cast. If it doesn't heal well, she may have to have a knee replacement. The break is right under her knee. She didn't really fall far--she was going down the stairs backward (carrying boxes) and thought she was on the landing--she wasn't. She stepped back thinking it was level ground and of course fell. So it wasn't as if she fell down the entire flight--but she did have to make her way back up again. I talked to her last night and she was in good spirits--generally just upset with herself over the accident. Today she sounds worse--mainly due to her pain meds. She'll stay in the hospital until the 24th and then will be moved to a nursing home to learn how to maneuver in her full-leg splint. She'll be there over Christmas which means my Dad will be alone for Christmas. My brother, SIL and their kids were going to go to Idaho for Christmas, but now my brother is thinking of staying home to stay with my Dad. Gosh it's hard when parents get old.

ShelleyM
12-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Allison-Prayers to your mother. I know what you mean about dad's hearing. My mom fell down and her door was shut. She yelled and yelled, but dad didn't hear her. Luckily, she didn't break anything, but did have very sore ribs for awhile. Now, my dad hugged her too hard the other morning and she heard something snap. She's been in some pain since then.

Dee-The engagement party turned out to be the wedding!! They made the announcement after everyone got there. It was so wonderful. The house was on the gulf, so it was beautiful. Everyone, including the bride's parents were totally surprised. My brother found out right before the party because he and my SIL and all the kids (visiting from Ohio) were very sick. My nephew told him why they had to come. I found out from him about 10 minutes before the announcement. It was so touching. It's a shame that some people in the family were not able to make the party, and if they had known, I'm sure they would have gone. Anyway, it was all in all a wonderful day. I was so good. No sweets, wedding cake or anything like that. Mike is on demoral, and has been for many years. He is definitly addicted, but is still in so much pain. He drove yesterday, and by the time we got home, he was limping and had a migraine. I don't know what I am going to do with him. Plus the fact he still hasn't been hired by anyone.

I am heading out for some biking miles. I feel so much better this morning without all the bloat from sugar.

coles
12-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Shelley - what a wonderful surprise. How is your foot these days for running?
Not much knew around here. We are getting lots of rain but it was still be a white christmas because we have so much snow.
I guess you all know what my New Years' resolution will be!
Big Fat Girl that I am.

SuzyMc
12-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Hello everyone! :wave: What a surprise to check in here and find a new and ACTIVE Floozie thread! It's nice to see you all and catch up with what you have been doing.

Shelley ~ I'm sorry to hear that things aren't much better for you there. Hopefully 2008 will be a much better year for you and Mike (and for us all)!

Allison ~ Your poor mother! I will say a prayer that she heals quickly and has an easy recovery!

Dee ~ Sounds like you are busy as always! I've missed reading your posts!

Janice ~ We have had the rain here today...it has poured all day long! Like you we still have snow and I'm so thankful that this precipitation all fell as rain and not snow or it would be up to the rooftops!

I do hear from Gayle and Cheryl fairly often and both are doing well. I'll mention that there is a new active thread and maybe they will decide to check in. Has anyone else heard from any of the other MIA Floozies?

I found the secret to not gaining weight over the holidays...it's called the flu. I have lost 5 pounds since Wednesday and food is the farthest thing from my mind! Hopefully the cookies and candy will all be gone by the time I feel like eating again and I'll be able to start the new year off right!

I'll be checking in more often now that I know y'all are posting again! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

ShelleyM
12-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Suzy-I hope you are feeling better. I am so glad you checked in. I decided to stay here, since I found some friends still posting.

Janice-You are too hard on yourself. Enjoy your white christmas.

I am heading out to run, even though my foot is not doing that great.

ShelleyM
12-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Merry Christmas to all my Floozie Friends!

coles
12-25-2007, 01:02 PM
So nice to have you checking back in Suzy.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Hope Santa is good to each of you.

SuzyMc
12-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Even though it is about over, I want to wish all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas! I hope it was a very happy day for all filled with laughter, fun, family and friends!

alinnell
12-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Although my company was fun and Christmas was nice, I feel terrible on two counts. One, my Mom. After talking to her on the phone yesterday, I cried. I feel so bad that she can't be home on the holidays. Two, I caught a nasty cold and I feel miserable. So bad, in fact, that I'm thinking of skipping tomorrow morning's run (this would be the first time I've skipped a day since starting to run 6 or 7 months ago).

Anyway, I'm back on the diet track and hope that these holiday pounds melt off so I can get back to my ticker weight--I hope to be at goal by my birthday.

coles
12-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Allison - I feel for you. It was nice that you got to talk to your mom at least, although I know its not the same as being with you.
Hope you get feeling better soon.
I started out with good intentions today to stay on my diet, but blew it half way through the day. Oh well tomorrow's another day.

ShelleyM
12-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Allison-I hope you are feeling better both physically and mentally today. I didn't know that you had started running!! I'm so proud of you.

Janice-I have been sugar free for 5 days now. Want to join me?

Deelite
12-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Shelley I think I need to join you in the sugar free way. It is a good thing that I sat here this morning while drinking my tea and eating cookies.
this way I felt guilty eating more than 3. I shouldn't of had those but I am feeling sorry for myself.

Allison I hope that your feeling better soon. One good thing with colds you usually don't over eat. It is sad when you don't get to spend Christmas with your love ones.

Suzy nice to see you are posting over here. I hope that you were able to enjoy Christmas. I am sure that it was a hard one for you with the passing of your dad.

Janice it is not what you eat between Christmas and new years but what you eat between new years and Christmas. Enjoy the season for now and then get back into the grove.

Christmas never went as planned. It wasn't a very merry one. On Dec 23 my dad called and he took mom to the hospital. She is having hard time breathing, and her oxygen is low. She is still in the hospital. Mom's lungs are so fragile. She had pneumonia about a month ago. It cleared up but now has left her lungs weakened even more. She still may have a touch of it, I will find out today. Christmas Eve dinner was supposed to be made by mom and their place. Tables turned and Larry and I made it at mom and dad's. My family is mostly useless. Dad knew I could do it so he asked me, which was fine but it was a panic unthawing my bingo turkey that I won. It was only taken out at 7:00 the evening before. Managed to thaw, clean, and stuff it at 7 am to bring it out to the country. We left it with Dad to shove in the oven at noon while we headed back to the city to visit mom in the hospital. She is seriously sick but holding her own for now. Hopefully she will be out in a couple of days. She is definitely going down hill. Christmas eve was pretty sad. Everyone was worried about mom and missing her. We didn't do our exchange game and no one opened gifts from mom and dad. The little kids got gifts from uncles and aunts so they had something to open. We are hoping to be able to celebrate on new years day. Mom was going to have dinner anyways. I know she won't be strong enough so I will come to the rescue.

We got home at midnight physically and mentally exhausting day, only to start preparing our brunch time food. I was frosting grapes at 1:00. My back was pretty sore from being up all day and besides that we had company for dinner the night before so it had been a long couple of days. We had brunch and opened our gifts with the kids Christmas morning. Jay and Ash left just after noon. I then began my prep work for Christmas dinner. I was supposed to be having mom and dad, Dez and her boyfriend over. We were still hoping that they might let mom out for a few ours for dinner but it didn't happen. Dinner turned out fine just really quiet. Dad was really sad and angry at mom because she continues to smoke. Everyone played cards after dinner while I lied down and rested my back.
Yesterday we had Christmas at Larry's mom's side of the family. I only had coleslaw, green beans with almonds and a cake to prepare. The gathering was nice.
We arrived home last night to a very sad message that just broke my heart. Papa phoned to say that Baba passed away yesterday. I thought that her lungs collapsed because of the fluid build up from the cancer. She was having such a hard time to breathe. She had an aneurism. She said to Lucky that she needed to go to the hospital. He went out to warm up the truck and came back to get her. She only made it out to the steps and she said that she wasn't going to make it and she died right there. She was only 55. I can't believe it. I am still in shock. I will miss her so much in Mexico. Gecko mama, my partner in crime.
They were out in the country at their new retirement home. They will bring her home Friday. She has no children except for Larry and I and my kids. Only one sister how is from Ontario. It is just so sad and Papa is so sick.
Dez left at midnight last night for Calgary on the bus with her boyfriend. She wasn't sure to stay or go. I told her baba would have wanted her to go. Vivian had one of the biggest hearts.

If I am not around much at least you know where I will be. I will either be at the hospital visiting mom or making funeral arrangements for Baba.

Love you all.

alinnell
12-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh, Dee, I'm so sorry. Take care.

Shelley~yes I started running last summer, 3 times a week. I used the couch to 5k podcasts to get me going. I've never progressed past week 6 (of 9) so I can't yet do 5k--more like 2 miles a day with a short walk before, after and in the middle.

I'm feeling a teeny bit better today. At least my nose isn't running like a faucet. I didn't get a chance to call my Mom yesterday but will call tonight when I get home.

Janice~I'm the same. Although I didn't have much of an appetite, I managed to really blow my diet yesterday. There is always a new day.

SuzyMc
12-28-2007, 03:32 PM
My heart and prayers go out to you Dee. Your mom will also be in my prayers. Take care of yourself dear! :hug:

coles
12-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Dee- my heart goes out to you at such a sad time. Baba was very young, how very sad. You are in my prayers. Hugs.
Allison - glad your cold is getting better. I didn't know you were a runner either, now Shelley will have company.
Suzy - hope you had a good Christmas.
Dee - I loved what you said about what you eat between New Year's and Christmas - makes sense.
Shelley - congratulations on being sugar free - yes I will join you very soon.

alinnell
12-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Oh, good. My cold seems better. DH and I went on a 3 mile walk and I ran the last mile home. My legs are a bit stiff, but it felt good.

We're going to go see National Treasure today--it's supposed to be a good movie. I really should take down the Christmas tree, though. I just hate that work!!

Deelite
12-31-2007, 01:27 PM
I feel like my heart is broken. Today is Baba's funeral. It would have been their anniversary today.
We did a picture tribute and a power point presentation. It took us at least 30 hours to complete it but it is ok we found it healing.

My mom is still in the hospital. She is holding her own. It has been so stressful with everything going on. I can't believe you can have problems with two mom's at one time.

I have my injection appointment for thrusday morning. I am scared but haven't had much time to think of that.
Larry leaves friday for czeck republic. I hope that I am not in as much pain as last time and can move around a bit more.

Yes it has been av ery stressful christmas. I am at the max. Hope everything will turn around in the new year.

I wish you all a Blessed New Year. You are dear friends.

SuzyMc
12-31-2007, 07:54 PM
God bless you Dee. I know your heart is breaking and fully understand how you are feeling. Trust me when I say that it will get better. Yes, there will be bad days, but there will be good days too and they will soon come more and more. :hug:

I would like to wish everyone a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. May 2008 be the best year ever for us all! :celebrate:

ShelleyM
01-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Dee-I haven't checked in lately. My prayers to you, dear friend. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending tons of prayers for your mom and dad also. I'm sorry your Christmas was so sad.

Allison-I'm proud of your running!

I have been back to the sweets. No too bad, but still not sugar free. Yesterday I pressure washed most of the house. I am hoping to finish today. Mike had a job interview for a company in Miss. If he gets it, he'll come home once a month. It will be tough, but we need the money. Please pray that he gets the job.

I went to my friend's house for Christmas. I did not want to be around MIL, so I opted out. The girls and Mike went. Becky left Sunday to go back to Tampa. Of course I cried, which I usually did. I miss her so much, even though she is so close to here.

Happy New Year to all my Floozie Friends and I hope 2008 finds everyone healthy and happy!

alinnell
01-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

coles
01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Dee- Prayers to you and your family! It has been such a sad time lately.
We have had so many funeral this month. I friend 28 killed in a car crash. I brother in law died of liver cancer on December 28th and another brother in law in the hospital since Christmas Day, he is in major pain and they aren't sure what is going on.
2008 has got to be better for us all.
Happy New Year Everyone.

Deelite
01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Thank you everyone for the comforting words. It really does mean a lot.

My mom got released from the hospital New Years Eve. We celebrated Christmas yesterday. Big meal and lots of gifts. It sure was nice.

Janice I sorry to hear your news. How tragic. I truely do feel your pain.

Shelley isn't it nice to be able to come here and get everything you want off your chest about your MIL. My prayers are going out to you and Mike so that he will be able to get the job. When will you know by?
When Dez was in Brandon at university it was only 3 hours away but it could have been 10,000 miles away because I didn't get to see her very much. I know how you feel about letting go of Becky. You got to let her spread her wings and fly even though it is hard.

I am off to get dinner ready but I have one more thing I would like to share.
Could you girls remember me tomorrow. I am finally having the injections in my back. I think that I will have all six tomorrow. I am scared and know that they hurt a lot. I am hoping that I will be up and running around soon after. Last time I had severe pain for a month. Larry leaves for czech (sp?) republic on friday morning. Dez isn't home from here trip til sunday.

Love you guys.

ShelleyM
01-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Dee-I am thinking about you today and hope everything goes well...

coles
01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Dee- Good luck today. I will be thinking of you. What are the shots supposed to do?
Shelley - my fingers are crossed for Mike.
Anyone hear from Cheryl lately? Just wondering how little Stu is doing.

ShelleyM
01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Janice-I think Cheryl posts at the other board, where Suzy goes. She probably knows how she is doing, right, Suzy? Can you ask her to check in and let us know how she is doing? She must be due soon.

SuzyMc
01-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Dee ~ I hope all went well today and that you are now resting comfortably!

Tim and I are leaving tomorrow morning early to spend a long weekend in Lancaster. I'm really looking forward to a few days of fun and relaxation!
I haven't heard much from Cheryl since Christmas, but the latest baby news was that she was having trouble with her blood pressure being high, so the doctor is monitoring that. I'll email her after we get home and see if I can talk her into checking in here. Talk to you all in a few days!

Deelite
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Thank you for the well wishes. I am doing ok. I only used my cane in the morning. The pain is just starting to peak again but only the morning was rough. Hopefully this will help. Janice the epidural spinal injections are to help lessen my back and leg pain and maybe make it go away completely.

Shelley any word on Mike getting the job?

Larry got off safely. He will arrive in Czech at 1;30 this morning or 8;30 tomorrow their time.

Jason and Ashley came over and helped me make supper. They visited for a couple of hours. Jay said that he would drop by tomorrow to see how I am doing.
I am going to try to go out to our dinner party group for appetizers tomorrow. I hope that I will feel ok.

Hope you are all doing well.

ShelleyM
01-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Dee-Do you really need to go? I think you should stay home and heal!!

alinnell
01-05-2008, 12:56 PM
My Dad has had similar injections for his back. They seem to help but in the long run he's still in pain. I hope yours do better for you. Interestingly, he is usually in the most pain in the morning, but he got the stomach flu this week and spent 2 whole days in bed. He imagined that he'd be in terrible pain when he finally got up, but instead he woke up with no pain at all. He did say that he wasn't going to make it a habit to spend days in bed just to get rid of the back pain. I personally think that he ought to consider at least a few extra hours lying down rather than scrunched over the table doing his stamp collecting stuff. But how do you tell that to a very stubborn old guy?

I haven't talked to my Mom for a couple days, but the night that I did, they were setting her up on an air mattress because she has developed a pressure sore on her foot. That's not good news.

coles
01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Dee- I hope the injections will work. Sounds like you still have pain from the injections. How long before that settles down? Try not to over do it.
I have been working this weekend but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Deelite
01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Ok girls how is everyone doing weight wise?
I hope that you are doing better than we are posting!
Are any of you trying to shake some pounds?

I am sure that I gainned a few over Christmas. I haven't jumped on a scale yet because I just kept on eatting sweets. I smartened up on sunday so now I feel I can face the scale again. I will weigh in tomorrow.
I need to have my weight down so that I don't have to worry to much about a few pounds gainned on my holiday. Only 18 more days to go.

Talked to Larry tonight. He is loving his trip. He said that Progue is so expensive. Couple of examples are two days of parking at the hotel was $180, bacon and eggs (not a fancy place) was $30.

He heads to Budapest, Hungary tomorrow. He is looking forward to it. He has never been there before. He said that the oldest bridge standing in Europe is there. It was built in the 1300's.

Dez is coming down for a salmon dinner tonight. She says she is keeping me company but I think she is just coming to mooch dinner....lol

Come on back and post. Lets get back on track.

ShelleyM
01-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Dee-Why is Larry in Europe? Is it job related? You sound like you are feeling better, I certainly hope so. On the eating, I am really trying, but my weight has been up to 134 for the past few weeks, and I can't seem to shake it off. While on break, I ran or biked everyday except 1 or 2. Now I am doing 100 crunches per day also. I really need to get these extra lbs. off.

coles
01-09-2008, 07:34 AM
I have been back on WW for a week now. Started counting my points last Wednesday. I only lost 2 pounds but at least its a lose. I was back up to 190 lbs. If I don't keep a journal I eat too much. I am having problems with my feet and I think the extra weight is making a big difference in my arthritis. 50 lbs overweight is a lot of extra pressure on my joints.
Its a new year and I am going to really make the effort to get this weight off.
Dee - How are you feeling after your injections? Have they helped this time.
Shelley - How did Mike make out with the job interview?
Allison - How is Mom doing?

alinnell
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
My weight is still much higher than it should be. The holidays really did me in. My old "red flag" weight was 145 and yesterday I was at 153. That is really bad. HOWEVER, I was practically 100% on plan yesterday--only 1 glass of wine and 2 small chocolates! There is no wine left in the house! From here on out, I will be on plan!!! One or two OP days under my belt and the rest is easy--its just getting restarted that is hard.

My Mom: I talk with her about every other day (I should really use my cell phone to call her--my bill will be really high this month!) and she is in good spirits. She is getting therapy twice a day and she says it seems to be helping and she is enjoying it. She is in pain from time to time, but seems to be getting better. But, this morning I got a note from my SIL (who is an RN). She says that the swelling is so bad she can't see my Mom's knee cap, she's been ordered for another 3 weeks non-weight bearing. they're actually thinking she might not be able to go home at all and may need to go to a residential care facility. Dad has a bad back and can't help her with transitions and she isn't eating enough and is getting weaker and weaker so that she isn't strong enough to do transitions herself. It's hard.

Deelite
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Allison I am sorry to hear that your mom is not doing well I am sure that it is hard on your dad too. I will remember her in my prayers.
Now for business. I am glad to hear that you are back on track. I too only need a couple of days under my belt and then it is ok.

Shelley, Larry is in Europe for business. He is gone for 10 days. Sunday night he will be back home. He just loves it.
This is part of the email he sent me today....

We arrived in Budapest around 8:00, it was quite an interesting drive. We traveled through Austria from Czech Republic along some very narrow winding roads. These roads lasted about 2 hours before getting on the Autobahn. The autobahn’s typically have no speed limits but this one maxed out at 130 km per hour. Even though people were still flying by you and it was very scary when passing someone at this speed because people were passing you at probably 160 kmh. Michael let me drive for the last couple of hours after my 1 ½ hour nap.

The hotel is unbelievable, Michael upgraded out Holiday Inn Priority points card to get the internet and breakfast for free. We are on the executive floor and have access to the VIP lounge. The view out of my room is spectacular, it overlooks the river and royal castle. At night it is breathtaking and can’t wait until morning when you can see more than just the lights.
My room had a complimentary bottle of wine, fruit and expensive water.

As you can see he is not suffering.

How did Mike make out with the job? I really hope that he gets it, even though he won't be at home much.

Janice I am also counting points on ww's. I haven't journaled this week but I am keeping track in my head.I know that I have to start writting it down or I will let things get away on me. I am glad that you are back on track. Remember you are the only one that can take care of yourself. Your feet need you.

Well I have to say that I am very discouraged today. Yesterday my back pain started getting worse and overnight my leg pain and back pain kept me up most of the night. Today is even worse. I was so hoping that this was going to work. I am hoping that this is just a bad little stretch.

Now that is enough sitting for me. It bothers my back so up I go.

Thanks for coming back and posting.

ShelleyM
01-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Dee-I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. I know how it is because Mike lives with it everyday. He still takes so much medication. The company he interviewed with still hasn't let him know anything. They actually won't break ground on the houses they are building until spring because the ground needs to be ready. We are hoping to hear something next week.

Janice-Good for you on journaling again. I really need to do that.

Allison-Sending prayers to your mother.

Did everyone get the update email from Cheryl?

Deelite
01-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Shelley lets pray that Mike gets the job.
I did get the update on Cheryl and the baby. She must be so excited and she is doing great weight wise.

My back is still pretty bad today. I am going to go swim in about 1/2 hour, hopefully that will help.

coles
01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Dee- I am sorry to hear that you are still is such pain. What do they say about the shots. Is it supposed to help right away or is this pain normal after the shots? My heart goes out to you.
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I am feeling better about myself now that I am back to counting points and watching what I eat. Things sure can get away on you when you don't pay attention to what is going into your mouth. I am a big fan of the Biggest Loser show, are any of you gals watching it. They are such an inspiration.
Allison - I am sorry that your Mom is not doing so well. She is in my prayers.
Shelley - got my fingers crossed for Mike getting the job. Are you still working two jobs?
I have found that eating cereal really helps me keep on track. At work when I would normally have a bag of chips or a chocolate bar out of the vending machine I have been buying a little box of the guardian cereal and eating it dry with a diet coke. Feels like I'm cheating but I'm not. Any little tricks that you can pass along I will appreciate.

alinnell
01-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm finally back into the 140's! Only by half a pound, but I feel like I'm back in the game again. It reinforces me to stay away from the wine this weekend.

Also, so far this month, I've walked or run 19 miles. My goal is 50 miles and at this pace, I'll probably surpass my goal (unless I get sick again).

Take care everyone.

Deelite
01-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Allison you are doing great. You know what to do, so keep doing it.
How is your mom doing? That is good that you are jogging. It burns a lot of calories.

Janice have you heard of Nature Valley Fibre Source? They have 5 grams of fiber and 130 calories with only 3 grams of fat. They fill you up and are a great treat.

Shelley how is your foot doing? Injuries take a long time to heal especially when we want to be more active than we really should. Take care of yourself.

coles
01-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Way to go Allison, you are doing great.
Dee - I haven't heard of Nature Valley Fibre source is it something you add to things or a bar or what?

Deelite
01-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Janice you sure have been missing it out. It is like a granola bar but made with honey and lots of fiber. I buy mine at costco but walmart, or most grocery stores have them.

alinnell
01-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Good morning everyone.

My Mom is doing okay. I talked with her yesterday and she said she thinks the swelling in her knee is going down. She has an appointment with the wound care doctor today--hopefully that will be good news. She says the only thing she is not happy about is the fact that she needs assistance to use the bathroom and for transitions in/out of bed/wheelchair. I explained that the PT she is getting is to strengthen her upper body so she can do it herself and as soon as she can do it herself she can go home. She knows that. Hopefully it won't be much longer. She and my Dad are planning on flying down here in May for Dana's graduation (I already bought the tickets). I sure hope they'll still be able to come.

Deelite
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Allison I am glad that your mom is doing a bit better. It sure is hard to see our parents hurt.
I hope that your parents will be able to make it to Dana's grad. It should be plenty of time for your mom to recover.

This week will be a busy week. I have a massage this afternoon, hair cut tomorrow afternoon and I go for my epidural injections again on wednesday. After that I will be toast for a few days.
Inbetween that I have to start looking through my stuff for mexico. lots to pack and organize for going away that long.

Larry made it safely home last night. He was happy to be here even though he loved Europe. He gets very lonely without me. It likes a separation anxiety. Not sure how he will do so soon after his trip when I go to mexico two weeks before him. Hopefully the kids will check up on him. He even crys when i talk to him on the phone. Poor guy.

It is just freezing here today. It is like -26 with out the windchill. I have no fricken clue what it is with the windchill. To darn cold , as in like time for Mexico.

coles
01-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Morning everyone. I think the cold weather is heading this way too. I am tired of winter. Wish I was going somewhere warm. I walk in the snow for about 20 seconds in the morning. It seems to help the pain and swelling in my feet.
Dee - how is your back feeling? You need more shots?
Shelley - any word on the job Mike applied for?
Allison - glad your Mom is starting to feel better. She sounds very feisty.
Trying to stay on program, I am weighing in on Wednesdays. I didn't join WW but am following the plan.

Deelite
01-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Janice good for you. I am a life ttime member of ww's and I weigh in every month. Sometimes I like to go more often when I am having a hard time staying on program.
My back seems to have settled down the last few days, it was rough from monday to about saturday but now it is pretty good.
I go for more injections tomorrow so I don't think that I will post for a few days. I am so scared to go. I just hate it.
You can come and join me in Mexico. I have a two bedroom condo just for myself.

Shelley how you doing? I am still praying for a job for Mike. Don't give up faith.

Allison how is your mom doing today? I hope that she keeps improving. What is the weather like for you?

I talked to my mom and dad on sunday. They arrived in BC on friday but it wasn't uneventful. She said the roads were good until the last 100 miles, it started to get slushy and slippery. You have to remember that they are driving on steep swinding and twisting roads in the mountains. Mom said it was pretty stressful. Dad is not the best driver. They hit one really slippery spot and Dad hit the brakes skidded across the three times on a curve not knowing what was coming. The side of the road was a sharp drop off.....they headed for that and went down the side of the mountain....mom thought that it was over. They got hung up on a tree and needed help to get out of the van and climb back up the mountain. Some kind samarentins stopped and helped them. Someone else took my mom to a restaurant to wait for Dad to come back. Someone else called a tow truck and pulled out the van. Fortunatly no one was hurt and the van was in perfect condition. They were nervous to continue but made it to their condo that day. I am so happy that everything ended up that way. I don't think that I could deal with losing my parents after just losing Vivian.
I am having a hard time with that. I am sad that when I go to Mexico I won't be able to count on her being their for me and looking after me like mother's do.

Enjoy the next few days and I will post once I am up and around.

alinnell
01-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Gee Dee, your parents trip sounds scary! Thankfully they're safe.

I haven't talked to my Mom since Sunday--I'll call her tonight to see how it went with the wound care doctor yesterday. My SIL wrote to say that Mom is progressing well and is starting to be able to manage transfers, but not with enough stability to be able to go home just yet. She sees the ortho doc next week and also has a consult scheduled with a vascular surgeon.

Good luck with your back. What kind of injections are you getting?

coles
01-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Dee- I am praying that your injections are not too painful and that they work to reduce your pain.
Allison - it sounds like your Mom is on the mend, hope she is getting rehab to help her learn to transfer etc.
Shelley - how are you doing? Sometimes companies take forever to get back to interviewees, if they are starting to break ground until spring it may take them a while to get everything into place. I have my fingers and toes crossed for Mike.
I weighed in this morning and am down three pounds this morning. I lost two pounds the first week, so am down 5 pounds since the beginning of January. I will look for the Nature Valley bars at Costco, I'm sure they have them I just never noticed. I eat a lot of cereal for the fibre.
Have a great day everyone.

Deelite
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Wow \janice you are doing awesome. Think how hot you will look by Valentine's day?
Do find those granola bars if you like fiber and they are a great treat too.

Had my injections. they hurt more that they did the last time. I needed a few tissues to wipe away the tears.
I did get an explaination though of what they are doing. They are putting oxycontin in 6 locations hoping that is the nerves that are giving me pain. Then i got another 6 as a test to see how I do. I have to log my pain every hour for the first 24 hours then three times a day for two weeks.
They will availuate that to see if the pain improved especially right after the injections. If they see what they like then thye will coterize the nerves that are causing the pain. Normally this would be done two weeks after these shots but since I will be away it will be when I get bck. Now out of the options they could have done I was thinking that this is the one that is going to work. Guess I will find out in a few months from now. I only pray that they have found somehting to help me.

I am woozy but feeling pretty good.

Thanks for the prayers.

coles
01-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Dee - I sure hope the injections work. It sounds like they are on the right track. When do you go to Mexico?
I found the bars and they are delicious. 2 points I think they worked out to.
I'm going to make the WW vegetable soup today. Trying to keep on track.
The weather here is freezing. Minus 12 plus the wind chill. BURRR!

Deelite
01-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Janice I am glad that you like the bars. I count them as two points each. You think that you have it cold we have -25 during the day for the last few days. With the windchill it is -40. Sure is cold walking to the Y. I am glad that I will be out of here soon. I leave saturday.

Girls I want you to promise me that when I come back the board will still be up and running. I will check in and post the odd time but know that I will be thinking of you and even our long lost souls.

SuzyMc
01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone! I do pop in and read every now and then. There hasn't been a whole lot of dieting going on here, so I don't feel like I have a whole lot to add. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to get back on track with my weight, but I just don't have it in me right now.

Dee ~ You'll probably be in Mexico over your birthday, so I'll send you early happy birthday wishes now. Have a wonderful birthday and a great trip (bring back some warm weather and sunshine with you!)

Janice ~ You are really doing great! I wish I had your motivation to stick with it.

coles
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Dee- I PROMISE!

Deelite
01-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Suzy thank you for the birthday wishes. I leave saturday so you are right I won't be here. Sure do miss your posts.
I will be celebrating my birthday with my aunt, uncle and cousin. We had a party on sunday for me and my DIL. It was fun but it just isn't the same as on your birthday.

Janice thanks for promising me. Now you need to pinky swear!
I am going to be checking in on you.
Keep doing great, when I get back I hope to see less of you and by that I don't mean by posting. Just less per square inch.

coles
01-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I Pinky Swear! See I'm here. Still on program, now I need to get exercising.

SuzyMc
01-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Have a wonderful trip Dee and a very happy birthday. :hug:

Yesterday was a horrible day here. I ate almost continuously all day long and by evening I was miserable. I know some of this is due to depression. I don't know if I mentioned it here or not, but one of my best friends passed away after a year long battle with cancer on the 11th. Between losing her and my dad I have just been at the lowest of lows. I know I can't continue on like this though and that I need to start taking care of myself. This morning I got up half an hour early and got on the treadmill first thing and walked for 30 minutes. I'm also going to do my best to only eat when I am truly hungry and not eat to fill a void in my life. It's a start...I hope I can keep it up.

coles
01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Suzy - how terrible for you. It is hard not to be an emotional eater when things are causing you such sadness. You are in my prayers. I think sometimes we need to stop worrying about our weight so much and get through the rough patches in life however we can.
Please take care of yourself and know that we are here for you. I feel like we are friends even though we haven't met in person. I share more with you girls than I do anyone else. It is nice to have a place to share without being judged for my shortcomings.

SuzyMc
01-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Thank you Janice! :hug: The trouble is that I did stop worrying about my weight back when my dad entered hospice and then after he died, I used that as another excuse to eat whatever I wanted and then MaryJo died and that was another excuse. I stepped on the scale yesterday and weighed in at 166! I am just 7 pounds from being right back where I started. It's time for me to stop sitting around and feeling sorry for myself and DO something that will make me feel better instead of worse! The dust is off the treadmill and I have been on it everyday since Friday. I'm trying hard to get the eating under control too. The weekend was tough because we had a birthday dinner Saturday night for my mom. Yesterday was better, but not great. I'm shooting for an totally OP day today! :)

coles
01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Suzy - You know what to do because you've done it before. YOU CAN DO IT! It sounds like you are on the right track. It is so easy for the weight to come back. I am in the same boat as you. Back where I started. Lets do it together and try to keep each other motivated.

SuzyMc
01-28-2008, 09:49 PM
That sounds like a good plan Janice! :hug: I know you are right...I did it before and I can do it again. I did get on the treadmill for 30 minutes today and my eating was ok, not 100% OP, but not a disaster either.

coles
01-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Way to go Suzy, you are doing something positive. 30 minutes is a lot of calories.

alinnell
01-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Hey girls. I've been having a tough week. My eating has been all over the place with carb cravings. Must be PMSing. I'm determined to get it back on track today. DH is in SLC on business yesterday and today so our evening walks have been cancelled. I still am doing my morning running though and have walked/run 51 miles so far this month.

coles
02-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Not really missing. I'm at work checking in. My computer is in the shop and I should get it back on Tuesday.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend and staying on program.

SuzyMc
02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Happy Monday ladies! I'm still trying to get my eating under control here, but at least I am keeping up with my commitment to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes every day. I did take yesterday off, but I went shopping with some friends, so I'm sure I walked more than 30 minutes (I'm not going to count it towards my goal though).

Janice, I wondered where you have been. I hope your computer comes back soon and is better than ever!

Allison, how are you doing with the carb cravings? Carbs are what I crave too...I think it's the hardest thing to kick!

:woops: Goal - 750 min. / 30 min. today / 90 min. total

alinnell
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Carb cravings only seem to bother me when I start the day wrong. If I have cereal or oatmeal, I want carbs the rest of the day. Sometimes a sandwich at lunch will do it to me, too. I'm doing okay staying away, though.

I caved in this weekend and had wine. 1 bottle lasted me Friday and Saturday and then I bought a second for Sunday which I shared with my MIL. No more. I'm off the "sauce" for another few weeks.

Eating has been all over the place lately. I'm up a little as a consequence, but I'm hard at the diet today and hope to reverse the little gain.

DD tried on her dress for her program in May. It won't zip up. She must lose about 10 pounds so it gives us all the impetus to really stick with it for the next month or so.

ShelleyM
02-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey everyone! I have been MIA, on other websites, etc. I can't believe I missed the princess's birthday! Happy Belated Birthday, Dee! I love you!

My eating has been bad up until yesterday. Now I am trying to not eat after 9:00 at night. That's when the carb monster takes control of me.

Suzy-Good for you getting on the old TM everyday! That's awesome!

Allison-It helps to have someone else trying to stay OP with you. I hope you and your DD do well!

Janice-Hope your computer is up and working soon!!

We had a scare with my mom. She had foot surgery last week and had a reaction to the anesthesia. She was nauseous for several days and wouldn't eat. She is okay now, but still not eating much.

SuzyMc
02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I have been thinking about what Allison said about eating cereal for breakfast making the carb cravings worse. I almost always eat some kind of hot cereal for breakfast. I tried a scrambled egg and oj for breakfast this morning to see if it will make a difference, but I'm not sure it will be enough to hold me over until lunch. What do you all normally eat for breakfast?

It's good to hear from you Shelley! I'm glad that your mom is doing better...I'm sure that was quite a scare for you all!

:woops: February goal - 750 min. / 30 min. today / 120 min. total

alinnell
02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
My breakfasts vary. Sometimes an egg or two (or scrambled egg whites) with or without "sausage" (Morning Star Farms). Lately I've been having a banana smeared with 1 T peanut butter and a little (1-2 T) Fiber One cereal. Sometimes it's a grapefruit. I have to admit, there are some days when it is just coffee.

coles
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm back, my computer is all fixed. When I am staying away from carbs I usually make an omelet with peppers, onions and cheese in it. It holds me longer than just eggs. I think there is a lot of carbs in orange juice because of the sugar. Shelley - glad your Mom is feeling better.

ShelleyM
02-07-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm ashamed to say, I don't eat breakfast. 3 cups of coffee is all I have. My lunch has been a bag of 94% popcorn. That's probably why I eat all night long.

SuzyMc
02-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Welcome back Janice! I went back to cream of wheat for breakfast...it's just faster and easier to fix that in the microwave than it is to make eggs. I just need some willpower to get me though the afternoon hours!

Shelley, I don't know how you can make it through the day on coffee and a bag of popcorn!

:woops: February goal - 750 min. / 30 min. today / 150 min. total

SuzyMc
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I just received this update about Cheryl and her baby and thought I would pass it on to you all here. Please keep Cheryl and baby Jake in your prayers...they really need them right now.

I am Cheryl's friend and wanted to let all of you know that she had her baby early. Baby Jake was born yesterday (February 7) at approximately 4:30 pm. Although he was a month early, he weighed 7 lbs 3 oz. Cheryl has been on oxygen, but they have just taken her off and breathing OK at this time. Baby Jake is not breathing on his own and his blood sugar is low. They have him on oxygen and on I.V. The doctor decided to send him to The Med in Memphis for extra care. She stated they just flew him out about 10 minutes ago by helicoptor. Stewart "new daddy" will be in Memphis with Baby Jake and Cheryl's mother will be staying with her. Please keep them both in your thoughts and prayers.

SuzyMc
02-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Happy weekend everyone! :)

:woops: Goal - 750 min. / 30 min. today / 180 min. total

coles
02-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Suzy - I like your treadmill goal counter.
Cheryl and baby Jake are in my thoughts and prayers.

SuzyMc
02-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks Janice! I think I finally have this exercise thing figured out. I have to get up early and do it first thing before I do anything else. Then I don't want to blow that 30 minutes on the treadmill by eating something I shouldn't later in the day.

:woops: Goal - 750 min. / 30 min. today / 210 min. total

SuzyMc
02-12-2008, 10:42 AM
I get to move my weight ticker down from 163 to 160 today! I'm doing something right here! (Even if I am doing it all alone...where are you girls?)

:woops: Goal - 750 min. / 30 min. today / 240 min. total

Deelite
02-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey there ladies, I am happy to see that you are all posting.

Suzy I am sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend. My prayers are with you and her family.
Do you remember how you felt when you lost all that weight before? Well picture that and you can use that for your motivation

Shelley how is your mom today? As our parents age there is many more complications that they run into. I hope that she is doing well.
How could you forget the Princess's Birthday.......lol I just might wave my wand over you!

Janice it looks like you have everything under control with your eating. Omlettes are good to keep you full a long time. How is the weather. I hear that it was really cold for us on monday.

Allison I am proud of you for running 51 miles. You are doing great. That burns a lot of extra calories. Now just have to watch that glass of wine.

I am happy to hear of Cheryl's baby's birth. He just was a little too impatient. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery to both of them.

Larry arrived on saturday. I had a girlfriend come out and see me for a week. She loved it. She has never traveled before so it was a whole new experience for her. She was my Vallarta Virgin....lol

I have rode a donkey, sun tanned with snakes (yikes), watched the whales, lots of mountain hiking, danced with the Mariachi, and cried for missing my mexican partner Viv (Larry's step mom).

Missing you guys.

Behave or I will have to go home and straighten things out.

SuzyMc
02-13-2008, 07:40 AM
It sounds as if you are having a wonderful time Dee! Well...all except for the snakes part! :eek: Please try and send some warm weather and sunshine our way. We have 6 inches of new snow and now freezing rain is falling on top of that...yuck! How many days until spring?

I have some good news! Travis received his orders and he and dil will be heading to Cherry Point, NC in March! The best part is that they will be stopping here for a visit on their way! It's been 2 years since I have seen my baby...I guess I don't have to tell you how excited I am! :D

coles
02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Wonderful news Suzy, I know how you miss that boy! Way to go on the exercise and weight loss, sounds like you have a plan thats working.
We have two weddings to go to in August this summer. I do not want to be carrying this extra weight. There will be family I haven't seen in a long time and I will feel so bad if I'm still this fluffy. My foot is starting to feel better.
I have been getting laser, ultrasound and lots of stretching exercises for about three weeks now. It is helping.
Dee - what the heck are you doing with snakes????
Yes it is cold up here and snows constantly - what can I say, I need sunshine. I get depressed with all this cold.

SuzyMc
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm back on the same plan that I used before...just basically common sense eating (lower calorie, lower fat, and watching portions) and exercise. I'm still struggling with my eating though...especially in the afternoon. I think I need to find something to keep myself busier in the afternoon to keep me out of the kitchen.

I'm glad that your foot is feeling better Janice! It sounds like the pt is helping.

:woops: Goal - 750 min. / 30 min. today / 270 min. total

SuzyMc
02-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Are there any Floozies (new or old) out there? :?:

coles
02-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Suzy - I am here, just worked the weekend so haven't posted. Still struggling with the sugar monster that lives in me.
I think Dee is still away.
Allison and Shelley where are you??

alinnell
02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm here, just checking in. I'm flying to SLC to see my Mom later this week, so you wont' hear from me for a few weeks. Meanwhile my MIL is having surgery today and my dog needs to go to a vet specialist because of an eye infection and a broken tooth. My regular vet referred him due to his heart murmur and his advanced age. I can't get him in to see the specialist until 3/17, though.

coles
02-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Allison - enjoy your time with your Mom. Good luck with your dog, I know it is though when our animals are not feeling well.
Shelley - come back, come back, wherever you are! We miss you.
We know Dee is soaking in the sun. The weather here is just cold and more snow.
Anybody know anything about the Flat Belly diet? I saw it on a talk show and was curious what its all about.
Suzy - keep up the good work.

SuzyMc
02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Janice ~ I noticed a thread here in the misc. clubs forum about the flat belly diet, but I really don't know much about it.

Allison ~ Have a safe trip! Well miss you while you are gone.

Dee ~ Please bring back sunshine and warm weather with you when you come home!

coles
02-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I have been checking out the thread on the Flat Belly diet. It sounds very interesting and people are losing weight fast. I ordered the book so will let you know what I think when it gets here.
More snow in the forcast for tomorrow. We are so tired of winter. We went to a restaurant beside the lake yesterday. Lots of folks out on the lake ice fishing. There was a tournament this weekend. I am happy sitting watching out the window.

coles
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Come out, come out where ever you are.

coles
03-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Suzy, Shelley, Dee and Allison - HALLO!

bethz
03-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Hope everything is going well with you! :hug:Beth

coles
03-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi Beth,
Everything is going good for me. Hope all is well with you. Seems like the rest of the floozies are all on holiday.

alinnell
03-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I've been out of town visiting my Mom. She should be going home from the nursing home this Friday. She still has the heel sore but home health can help with the dressing changes and she is no longer in the leg splint. She's still very weak and will need a wheelchair as well as a walker. She gained 2 pounds the week I was there--I think she was depressed and therefore not eating like she should. I hope that once she is home she eats well and gains--she needs to gain about 10 pounds or more.

coles
03-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Allison - so glad that you are back. It sounds like your Mom is on the mend and that is good news. She will probably feel much better once she is home.
I have been following a healthy diet using the Biggest Loser plan and made menu's ahead of time so I know exactly what I should be eating and when.
I want to be much lighter before summer.
It has been very lonely on the Floozies lately.

bethz
03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Been busy putting together a movie from music and pix for the boys' basketball banquet this weekend, also have some display boards with pix on them to celebrate the season. It is alot of work...but well worth it! Tonight is for resting and watching Survivor!

Having a good day at work today. Went and got some soup from the kitchen because it is cold in my office today. BRRR! (Could be from drinking all that water!) Had the points to spare!

B: simply quaker oatmeal, banana (5)
S: italian wedding soup, herbal tea (6)
L: turkey and swiss on rye, apple (9)
S: popcorn (2)
D: veggie salad with italian dressing, green beans, steak (6)
Water: plenty, I finish and refill my glass when anyone comes into the office
Exercise: one mile hall-walking

Have a great day everyone! :hug: Bethz

coles
03-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for letting us share what your menu is. It really helps me to see how others are eating. Thanks Bethz
Have a great weekend.
I'm at work too.

Deelite
03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey girls remember me?

I just home a couple of days ago. I am glad to see that we still are a group. I was wondering if I lost all my floozie friends.
I had an awesome trip. I was sad to come home. I was not ready to come back. It is still below freezing here and lots of snow. It is suppose to be below temps for the next 6 weeks. Yuck.....I want to go home.
Does anyone have spring flowers popping up?
We are going to have Easter dinner here on saturday with the kids. My mom and dad are away til april 4th. We will also be having easter lunch at the in laws on saturday. It is also the twins (neice and Nephew) birthday that day. They will be five.

I heard that we have a tiny new member. wow how cool is that.

Happy Easter everyone.

I sure miss everyone the oldies too.

alinnell
03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Spring flowers? Well, that's nothing new here as we have flowers all year around, but the citrus trees are in bloom and there is nothing more heavenly than the smell of citrus blossoms.

Deelite
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Allison it is good to hear that your citrus trees are blooming. I have never smelled one and I bet it must be awesome. I love the smell of citrus.

How was everyone's Easter?
We had the kids over for dinner yesterday. It was nice having a three day weekend. We had so much to organize after being away so long.
As I am sitting in the sunroom typing it looking out the window I am so discusted (sp?) It is blowing snow and any grass I seen is now covered with snow. That is grows. I am not happy to be home. Yuck, I think that I will go take a seista.

coles
03-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Welcome Back Dee!!! We missed you. Bet you are brown, I am still fish belly white. I have been staying on program except for Easter dinner, even then I ate a lot less than I normally would have.
We have lots of snow still too. They are calling for another storm this afternoon. It sure gets you down when winter drags on like this.
I booked a cottage at a retreat for Dougs birthday in April. I hope the snow is gone by then. My ticker is slowly moving down. Only lost a pound this week but I think that was Easter dinner.

Deelite
03-25-2008, 02:42 PM
hey Janice,

I am glad to see that you are still here. Congratulations on the pound down. That is great with Easter to be able to move the counter down. You must have avoided a lot of temptations. Good for you.

We must have sent the snow storm your way, it was just terrible here yesterday. Apparently we had a horrible winter, it was cold with very few warmer days. Lots of wind, too.

I just went out for lunch with my sister Gail. It was nice seeing her. She is still fighting with the lawyers and her x trying to get things settled. It has cost her thousands of dollars and she has nothing yet except to have to prove that she lived with him for 3 years. It is going to be awhile before everthing is resolved.

Larry went out to a country town to check up on his product that is being manufatured there. He won't be home til late. I am on my own for supper. I will probably settle for a bag of popcorn.

ShelleyM
03-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let you know I am still alive! I have been basically following the Eating Clean program and Core. Nothing as far as weight loss, but I have started back doing weights 2 times per week and still can't run, but bike and walk. I'll try to pop in here to see what's going on! Love and kisses to all my beloved Floozie friends!

coles
03-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Shelley - so glad to hear from you. I cancelled my gym membership because I wasn't going very much because it was too far away.
We set up a gym in my daughters basement. We have an eliptical machine, ski machine, exercise bike, home gym and exercise balls and weights.
This way we can all use the equipment and don't have to drive anywhere.
We have set up routines and it seems to be going well.
We had a terrible day yesterday with the weather. It was snowing so bad that the traffic lights got covered in snow and it was hard to tell what colour they were. Dee did you sent me that mess??
It was been a long winter. I heard on the news that last year on this day it was 20C this year they are calling for 4C. Enough already!

Deelite
03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Janice I am already sick of winter and I have not had as much of it as you have. Today it is sunny but it was -14 this morning. Too cold for this Gringo. Was your avatar pic taken in your pool? It sounds like you have a great set up for your gym. Now to make sure that you use it at least 3 times a week. Larry bought me an exercise bike for the times that I cna't make it to the gym. We just set it up two nights ago. It seems like a pretty good one.

Shelley it is good to hear from you. You don't need to lose weight my girl just maintain. It sure is taking a long time for your foot to heal. I hear you when it comes to cutting back because of the pain from an injury.
How are the girls doing? Does Mike have a job? I hope that he does. I guess your school year is almost over. Our kids here are only going to have spring break next week and they go til the end of june.

Allison how are your parents doing? Did you post something about your mom's leg. I can't remember now. I bet you are busy with your company. There is so much constructiongoing on here that you would be in high demand.

Jay went this morning to get his wisdom teeth out. I think that he will be home in about an hour. He is such a chicken I am surprised he went. He doesn't even like doctor's never mind needles.

Tonight we are going to my nephews hockey game. He is 6 years old. They have his team play at half time of a professional game. It will be so cute. We haven't seen them since Christmas.

Suzy take care of yourself. We are the only ones responsible for our health. Be careful of your choices. Do you hve any quilting ideas for a novice. I wanted to make a quilt out of Baba's clothes. Problem is Papa gave everything away except two big nighties that are a polyester silk. So I am going to have to work with them. I thought that I would buy a bit more filler material for the top. Any ideas what I should do with the rest of the quilt? Sure I put something between and how do I attatch that and I was thinking of a flease for the back. I hope that will work.

Gayle and Cheryl I am thinking of you girls. Gayle I hope that you will send us pictures of the wedding. I am looking forward to seeing one hot mama. Cheryl I am sure you are very busy with your little bundle. I hope that he is healthy and you are getting some good rest.

I hope that it really feels like a spring day for everyone.

alinnell
03-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Dee~my Mom is finally home from the nursing home. While she is very happy to be home, she is realizing how much harder it is to do things. At the nursing home, all she had to do was dress herself and go to the bathroom and go to therapy twice a day. At home she has to cook and get around a much larger space. She says she is getting a little bit more done each day.

Took my old dog into the vet for some oral surgery yesterday. he had 5 teeth pulled and almost had to have a root canal done. He had to go to a specialist because he also has a heart murmur. he's home and doing much better today.

Tonight DH and I are going to a political fundraiser. What fun. Not. I really hate politics. Oh, well.

Deelite
03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Allison it is hard to see our parents age. I m glad to hear that she is back home and improving.
We aren't involved much with political dinners and fundraisers. Thank goodness. Too much bull there for me. lol

Your poor puppy. That is quite a few teeth pulled. I am sure that the bill was not cheap especially with having to have a specialist involved.

Shelley how is the mold issue with your parents home? I hope that it is resolved and that they got rid of it all.

Deelite
03-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok guys where did you go?

Today I went down town for my weigh in. I was 1/2 a pound down from before I left for vacation. Hard to believe with all the treats and drinks that I had that I would be down. I walked and did yoga but no weights or any intense work outs. Last year I stayed the same and the year before I gained 5 pounds. I am happy about not gaining weight.

While I was getting my workout walking downtown indoors I bumped into a cousin of mine and also my neighbor. I have wanted to paint my mom and picture for her birthday. I haven't painted in awhile and I need some help. My neighbor is an artist. She is going to show me a picture of rushing falls that she painted. My mom and dad spent a weekend there. So if it isn't tohard I think that I will give that a try. My mom has told a few people that she would like a painting from me. I was shocked to hear it because I don't think that I am very good and she didn't really same much when I showed her what I painted.

Got to go, Larry is home.

Have a good weekend.

Gayle I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Congratulate Liz for me on her marraige. I am still hoping you come back to me.

coles
03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Congratulations Dee - how wonderful that you lost 1/2 pound while being on vacation.
Good luck with the painting, I have trouble just painting walls and trim wouldn't even think about trying to do a real painting. You are one talented gal.

Deelite
03-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Janice thanks. I couldn't believe it with all the extras I had.

I got my painting stuff together, just have to pick up a few different paints. I am actually going to paint a waterfall from ontario, Rushing River. My parents camped with us there.

I am off to the states til wednesday. No just don't want to stay home. I am going with my sister Gail and her son Thomaz. We are hoping to pick up a few deals. With the way our dollar is it should help.

Better run they will be here soon.

Gayle I am thinking of you and the after party. lol

coles
04-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Dee- Good luck on your bargain hunting trip, wish I was going with you I love to shop.
Allison - how is your pup after he doing after his tooth extractions?
I have lost 12 pounds to date. I am losing about 2 pounds a week. So far so good. Seeing the scale go down keeps me motivated and on track. Spring is finally showing up. I saw a robin and we've had a lot of rain. The snow is going down and we can finally see grass.

alinnell
04-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Damn Janice--12 pounds! That's great!!! I am gaining....boohoo.

Buddy is feeling a whole lot better. It's almost like he's a new dog--more excited, happy, puppy-ish if a 14 year old dog can be puppy-ish!

I'm on the mend from a back injury of sorts. I ran a 5k Sunday, came home and did some chores and then washed both dogs. I really over did it and my back has been killing me since. Ice/heat/massage/stretching are helping. I haven't been able to go running (and probably won't this week). Sure sucks getting old!

gdeann
04-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Great job Janice!

Soooo.... if I come back, will anyone come out to play?

It was discouraging to post and only have a response every so often...

Deelite
04-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey Gayle I am back and I am here to stay!

I WANT YOU BACK. I MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!

How was the wedding, I need details......

Congratulations Janice for the great weight loss. You are doing an amazing job.

Allison you need to take care of that back. Get lots of rest. But once you are feeling better, get that scale moving down. YOu can do it.

Shelley where are you?

Just got back from my bargin shopping trip. Got a few but not like when I went to Vegas last fall.
I really should get dinner ready.
I was just checking in.
I was going to taunt you again Gayle and write about you.

Have a good evening everyone. I am going to catch up with Larry when he gets home....lol

gdeann
04-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I'll be back to play soon, if everyone else promises to play too!!!

Dee, you are the bestest!

Deelite
04-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Gayle wow are you really down to 142? OOW you are a loser. That is awesome. You are one hot mama.

Hey Shelley did Mike get a job yet? I am still praying for him.

Deelite
04-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Good Morning

I am usually at the gym in the morning so I don't get to check in on you ladies. My girlfriend Cindy took the week off for spring break. She was one of my walking partners before everyone went back to work. We still walk on the occasional weekend. This afternoon we are going to head out for a walk and then tonight I will go to the gym for yoga.

There is more snow here than just across the boarder. I can't believe that there is still this much. I can only see grass about 4 feet around the edges of my lawn. Today we should have a good melt. The sun is out and it is going to be over freezing.

My mom and dad will be arriving home this afternoon from their winter vacation. I am looking forward to seeing them. It sounded like they really enjoyed their new condo that they stayed at. There was a lot more activities than they had at the other place. They had something to do every day. I think that they are going to miss that when they get home. Living in the country may be peaceful but I think that they will be bored.

So what are you all up to today?

Gayle are you all recovered from the wedding? It is a little bit of a let down when it is over and Liz is gone. I went to the states for a couple of days and then rented a cottage with Gail for a week. Larry left on a business trip on the monday too.

Shelley how are you doing? Is it getting pretty hot there yet? Is school out the end of May?

Allison how is your back today? Don't push it, take it slow and easy.
My dog to is having problems. Amigo just turned 13 or 14, we can't remember. He sometimes cries when he wants to eat his dog food. It is dry food so we end up having to add warm water to it. The vet said his teeth were fine the last time he started doing this. He is a big baby though. He also is going blind and in the last 8 months he has lost a lot of his hearing. Poor baby. I don't know how much longer we will have him. It is hard to see our pets age.

Janice wasn't winter long enough. I have had enough and I have only been home two weeks. This sucks beow average temps.
What are you doing to lose the weight? Do I remember right and you are doing ww's and healthy eatting? I love ww's. It really taught me how to lose weight with eatting what I want to. Maintainance has not been that bad either. I just have to keep a journal when I go up a bit.

Time to dig in the freezer and see what is for dinner? Anybody got any great ideas for dinner?

alinnell
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Gayle~welcome back!!! WTG on the loss!!!

My back is feeling a bit better (every day gets better). I've never had a backache last so long. DH says it's cuz we're getting old. Well, maybe HE is!

Deelite
04-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Allsion lol we are not getting older just better.
I am glad to hear that your back is improving.

Deelite
04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey Gayle I see you are on line. I just popped in to see if you posted or were you just teasing us about come back.

Hope you post soon.

gdeann
04-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Dee, Shelley sent me a note a few weeks ago and he now has a job. I know this is a relief for all of them.

The wedding went well, they are still honeymooning and having a great time. Mom & dad are here at home trying to recover.
I am up from the 142 by 5#, too much wedding cake, wine, leftovers, wine, lax eating, wine... you get the picture.
I wish Shelley would come back and join us...

Janice, the weight loss is going great! Keep it up!

Allison, I hope your feeling better soon! I agree with the old age comment. My hubby can act old if he wants, but I am going to fiht it to the end. They will probably find me at a ripe old age with a bottle of hair dye in one hand and wrinkle cream in the other! LOL!

coles
04-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Gayle - we missed you, it is wonderful to have you back. You are too funny!
Allison- glad your back is on the mend. Take is easy and get better. Glad Buddy is feeling better.
We have sunshine and warmer temperatures today. Still lots of snow around but the temperature is gradually going up. I can't remember a winter this bad in a long time.
I am following the Biggest Loser diet. I make a menu each day and try to follow it completely. I find it hard to eat three meals and three snacks plus drink lots of water but it is paying off on the scale.
My menu for today is:
Breakfast: Coffee
Cherrios with Low fat Milk and 1/2 cup blueberries
Snack: Blackberries and yogurt
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on WW bread with lettuce and light mayo
5 baby carrots
Snack: Celery with light vegetable cream cheese
Dinner: Small steak with mushrooms
Steamed asparagus
1/2 baked potato with skin
Snack: 1/2 cup low fat vanilla ice cream
3/4 cup raspberries
I change my menu everyday. My days are always within 1100 - 1200 calories
What plan is everyone else following.
Hope you are all having a good weekend.
AGAIN WELCOME BACK GAYLE!!!

Deelite
04-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Ok Gayle the wedding is over, get back on track. don't let the five pounds discourage you. You can't let the scale go higher. You did an awesome job. How did you lose the weight? We will have to email Shelley to come back. I am glad to hear that Mike got a job. Where are the kids going to live now that they are married? What is your work schedule like?

Janice that is a great menu. It sounds ymmy and it is plenty of food. I can't believe you can lose eatting that much! I am still doing ww's. It works for me and I have maintained for about three years now. Will you post another menu when you have a chance. It gives me ideas and I might follow a few days menus too.
We are finally going to have warmer weather this week. Still plenty of snow. It even snowed friday night and covered all the grass that was peaking out.

Allison is your back better yet? I hope that you are back running.

Time to make Larry lunch. He is probably going to Connetcuit(sp?) tomorrow. Business trip, yeah right he is going to golf with these guys....lol hard working man I have!

alinnell
04-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Good afternoon! What a hectic day!!

My back is back to normal and I was able to run Saturday and walk on Sunday. It felt great. It was also nice to finally have an entire weekend "off" with no plans at all. I got so much done! I ran errands, paid 4 weeks worth of bills (and entered everything into the computer) cleaned my desk and got all the grocery shopping done (including Costco). We even had time to take in a movie. it was great.

My meals also change daily. Today is:

B~coffee and a hard boiled egg
S~6 ounces blackberries
L~salad (pre-made 300 calories), 1 piece of cracker bread (large), yogurt and 1/2 an apple
D~salad and pizza (while we watch the final college basketball game). i hope to have only 1 slice of pizza. I'm sure I'll have wine, but will limit myself there, too.
i try to stick to 1200-1400 calories per day. I've been losing again, but am not quite down to ticker weight. I have a convention in 3 weeks and hope to be at ticker weight before I leave.

coles
04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Tomorrows menu is:
Breakfast-High Fibre Blueberry muffin
1 Banana
4 oz. Low Fat cottage Cheese
Snack - 3/4 cup blackberries
4 oz. yogurt
Lunch
Turkey Sandwich on WW bread with light mayo
2 cups salad with Italian light dressing
Snack - celery with cream cheese
Supper - BBQ pork chop
1/2 cup unsweetened Applesauce
5 baby carrots - cooked
1/3 cup wild rice
Snack - 1/2 cup low fat vanilla ice cream
3/4 cup raspberries
Now I'm going to email Shelley to drop in for a visit with the Floozie girls!

ShelleyM
04-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Hey, Floozies! Janice sent me a note and I found out more of us are back! I will try to check in more often. I miss you all so much!

Gayle-Do you have pictures somewhere of the wedding? I'm sure Liz made a beautiful bride.

Dee-How is your back? I see you are working out at the gym now. That's fantastic. I am thinking of joining, if this job holds that Mike has. I will be sans children soon and need something to keep my mind off of missing them both at college. Patty graduates on my birthday, May 31, and is going to USF in Tampa with Becky.

Janice-Wow, lady! You are doing wonderful and I love your new picture! I am so proud of you with your exercising and eating.

I've gotta go to work, but I promise to check in everyday!

coles
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
WELCOME BACK SHELLEY!! We missed you. You guys really are my support and I sure need that.

Deelite
04-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Shelley it is great to hear from you. I can't believe what time you post at. Man I am still dreaming for many hours after that.
I am so happy to hear that Mike is working. Does he have a job in Tampa or is he traveling?
When the girls are both gone from home you will find you have more time to yourself. There is times I miss them at home but now when they come home it is more quality time than when they lived here. I like being an empty nester minus there is nobody to look after the dog!
I still keep going to the Y. I think I have been a member there for about 3 years. It keeps me sane. I actually see someone instead of just the walls and the dog.

Gayle do you work everyday? I am sure that you are much happier working on your own than for the LC. Those old grannies must love you as I am sure you love them too.
So where are some pics? I am anxious to see them. We need to talk girl.....weddings ahh!

Allison it sounds like your life is a whirl wind. You are busy most of the time. Remember to take make time for yourself. I guess when you are out running or walking that is what you are doing but if you have a hobby spend some time doing that too.
You have a good menu going. I love the different ideas I am getting.

Janice this whole life diet (is that what you called it) sounds fabulous. Your menus are healthy and plenty of food. Thanks for another day in your menus. I am going to print them so I have them available.

My food plan yesterday

fiber bar 3 points

cereal, nuts, yougurt 7 points
latte 1 point

fiber one bar 3 points

chicken enchalada 7 points
refried beans 2 points
latte 1 points

24 points food exercise points 5 days total points 19

This is a good day for points but my food choices are on the sweet side, usually I eat more veggies and fruits.

Hey girls I am proud of myself. I did it! I haven't driven in over a year, I walk every where. I am scared to drive because of my meds and I never was big on driving. I drove this morning to the gym and then to a garden house. I may have only put on 5 miles but hey I did. I will use the car more this week with Larry gone. I felt fne when I drrove, I wasn't scared. The snow is melted off the streets so that made it comfortable and safe for me to drive.
I am so proud of myself!

SuzyMc
04-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Janice sent me an email and asked me to check in. It's great to see everyone back and posting again! I have missed you all! I was checking in quite often, but then activity dropped off and life got crazy here again and I really haven't been posting much anywhere.

Travis and Noell were home for a week in March on their way from California to North Carolina. We had a wonderful (but way too short) visit. They are now settled in their new home and Travis will begin working with his new dog as soon as he/she arrives from Lackland AFB. The best news is that this new dog will be a narcotics dog and narcotics dogs are not deployed, so chances of Travis having to go back to Iraq or Afghanistan are very slim at this point!

Just when we thought our duties to our extended family were going to settle down some we now find ourselves caring for Tim's mother who has Alzheimer's. For now she is able to stay in her apartment in a local retirement complex, but we have to go in and check on her daily and field countless phone calls from her throughout the day and night. Right now we are in the process of seeing about getting some help from our local area agency on aging and if that doesn't work then we will have to seriously consider a nursing home for her. It is exhausting dealing with her.

Tim's aunt (the one who fell and broke her hip last August) has been living in a personal care home and doing quite well there, but now is insisting that she go home in May. It's unlikely that she will be able to care for herself once she goes home, but it's very apparent that she is going to have to go home and realize this for herself. That means that we will probably be moving her twice over the next few months.

On top of that, I have found myself facing some health issues of my own. The doctor did some blood tests and found that my cholesterol was very high, which usually can be solved with medications, but my liver studies were not good (at this point we don't know why that is), so I cannot take the cholesterol medications. My blood pressure is also running a bit high. I've been on a strict low fat/low cholesterol diet in an effort to try and get my cholesterol down and will have it tested again in a few months. The good thing is that I have dropped 7 pounds since I began the diet. I guess I just needed a real smack in the face to get me going again.

It's so good to hear that everyone is doing well! This post is already getting pretty long and I need to get back to work, but I'll try to get caught up with everyone soon!

Deelite
04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
HEY THERE LITTLE SUZY.....

It is great to hear from you. I am sorry to hear that you are so busy helping everyone else that you probably don't even have time to take a pee. I am sure you must be exhausted if you have to get up through the night to answer the phone. There must be someone that can help.
Aunt Hazel is wanting to go home.....is it possible that you could set her up with home care? If she could have someone come in everyday and help her with the daily chores and aid her in taking care of herself that would help to keep her independent.
Being our ideal weight is so important. Often we think only of losing weight in terms of how we will look but that is probably the least important thing. Please take care and watch what you are eatting.
I bet the week with Travis and Noell must have been a blast. That is great if he gets to stay in the US. Where did he get the love of dogs from? Was his job something he knew he wanted to do? It is such a specialized job that most animal lovers wouldn't even think of it.
How is Tim and the business doing?
You guys sure do have your hands full.
Glad to see that you are posting again.

Janice thanks for letting everyone know that there is still some action around here.

Do you think that we could set up the birthday anniversary list again? I feel so lost without it. I know that Gayle's birthday will be coming up but I am lost as to every other occasion.

gdeann
04-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Dee, please don't remind me of my 16th birthday again!! LOL!

The wedding went well other then a few things out of our control. The main thing is the kids are happy and very appreciative of all we did. They came out for dinner last night. I made rib eyes, grilled chicken, tossed salad, baked potatoes and caramel apple pie. Not exactly diet friendly, but I watched my portion sizes. Liz called tonight to check in since Steve is out of town. She cooked dinner tonight and Andy was doing the dishes.

Suzy, I didn't realize you had the issues with Tim's mom. Sometimes they can seem perfectly ok, but other times, things just slip right by them. Bless her heart. I really wish Aunt Hazel would have a change of heart. The assisted living facility is probably the best place for her at this point in her life. Prayers sent sweetie, that you find out news about your own health condition.

Dee, I am very proud of you for driving! It is a small step but also a very big one considering it had been a year. I'll post a few pics after we get them back of the wedding.

Janice, you are doing a great job! the menu sounds "right on"!!! Keep up the great work.

Shelley, please stay here and visit. I have missed you and had hoped we could all catchup with each other again.

I'm tossing around the idea of visiting with our parish priest and starting a healthy living/weight loss support group. The group would meet at our home. Everyone would be assigned an "Earthly angel" to help guide them thru daily struggles like a mentor/sponsor. The 1.5 hour group would consist of 30 minutes weigh-in/chat/opening prayer, 30 minutes scripture in regards to our daily living/weight control then 30 minutes of focus on healthy food/living ideas/recipe revisions, prayer intentions and closing prayer. What do you all think? Steve is offering to help me with it if I want to pursue it. Opinions: Would you prefer a group of required weigh-ins, no weigh-ins or optional weigh-ins? Steve thinks everyone should be accountable, I'm thinking some won't come if they know they will be weighed. Opinions please!

Well, nice visiting again and thank you for the very warm welcome back!

Gayle

ShelleyM
04-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Gayle, what a great idea. I think a weigh in for everybody will help too. The dinner sounds yummy. Good for you on watching your portions.

Suzy-It's so good to hear from you. I can't believe how busy you stay with everyone. I hope you are able to stablize your liver. I have been on Vytorin for awhile now. I guess we never realize how our own bodies can manufacture cholestrol.

Dee-I totally forgot you workout at the Y. Are you still taking water workout classes? Do you use the weight machines?

Janice-I am so happy you reminded me to come back. Things are started to be like old times around here.

I have been very busy at school. The Fl school system is having major $$ problems, due to the loss of taxes and tax rebates on homes. I'm thinking I might have to start thinking of getting out after next year.

coles
04-09-2008, 08:00 PM
IT is great to hear from everyone and get caught up.
Suzy - sounds like you have a lot on your plate again. My daughter Amanda is having some problems with high liver enzymes which they aren't sure why. I took her to a Naturapath (Sp) this week. She did a lot of tests and said she thinks a lot of the problem is caffeine and aspartame. She lives on diet pepsi and hardly eats, just supper. She is also getting headaches and taking a lot of ibeprofen (sp) which also can affect your liver. She is now on a plan to get things under control. Fruit Smoothie for breakfast, vegetable drink for lunch and lots of protein and veggies for dinner. No caffeine or headache pills. She is also on vitamins and vitamin drops in water. She is also waiting for more blood tests to come back from the doctor. It is such a worry when you don't know what is going on in your body.
I hope they figure out what is going on with you Suzy.
Dee - go girl, I didn't know you hadn't been driving. I am proud of you.
Gayle- it sounds like a great idea the support group. Maybe you can ask some of the gals that would be involved what they would like for the weigh-ins. I would say leave it optional until they are comfortable with the group.
Shelley - glad you have come back to us. We missed you. Sounds like you are busy as usual. Please keep some time for us.
Allison - how is your Mom doing?

Deelite
04-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Shelley I didn't realize that the school systems would be affected from the tax rebates on homes. It sure affected a lot of families.
I still do a few aqua classes, swim lengths, 2 weight classes a week, 2-3 classes of yoga, jog on the tread mill, and use the exercise bike almost daily. Of course I walk a couple of miles to get to and from the gym too. I am as active as ever.
Where is Mike working?
If you changed jobs from being in the school system what would you do?

Gayle dinner sounded wonderful. Lucky dinners! Andy is a keeper if he is doing dishes. Tell Liz to keep encouraging him to continue to help out.
You have a good idea getting a support group going. It will get you to be accountable too. I think that weigh in keeps everyone in check. Maybe if someone is really afraid to, that it could be optional but encouraged.
Are you sure you have enough time for this? You are one busy girl.

Janice has it warmed up out there? The sun has been shinning and we are in the double digits! Yippee the snow is going.

Suzy you are one busy lady. Take care of yourself so you don't burn out.

Allison how are you doing? I hope all is well.

ShelleyM
04-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Dee-Mike is working for an air-conditioning company, both fixing and selling them. He is still in training, though. You are still the workout queen! Since I have quit running, my booty and thighs have gotten huge again. Biking doesn't seem to help. I bought a new pair of running shoes, thinking perhaps it would help with walking, but my feet and knees still hurt badly while walking. If I had access to a pool, it would probably be good for me, but I don't like going out of my way to find one. I still have a problem with night eating. I eat breakfast and lunch, then dinner and grazing for the night, even though it's not high calorie snacks, it's still lots of them. Good for you on the driving. My mom quit driving when she hurt her arm years ago and hasn't driven since. It is very hard on her. Please try to keep driving a bit.

SuzyMc
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Janice ~ I'm so glad that you let me know that everyone was posting again! Shelley is right, it's starting to be just like old times. We just need Cheryl to come back now.

I don't take many medications of any kind, I don't drink alcohol at all or use any kind of artificial sweeteners. I do have a cup or two of tea each day, but that's the only caffeine that I get. I'm hoping that the change in my diet will make the difference in my blood work...I didn't realize just how high in fat my diet was until I started keeping track! :eek: Keep me posted on how Amanda is doing!

Shelley ~ It's wonderful that Mike is finally back to work! I would think that the AC business would be a good one for your area...I hope he does well!

I'm sorry that you are still not able to run. It seems like biking would be good for your legs and thighs without having the stress on your knees.

Dee ~ It sounds like you are doing great! Good for you! Do keep driving a bit here and there...it's important for your independence, if nothing more. How is Dez and the rest of your family doing?

To answer your questions...

Ever since Travis was about 5 years old he has wanted to be in some kind of law enforcement. It was when he enlisted in the Marines that he decided that he would like to work in the K-9 unit. He really loves it!

Our business is picking up again now after a couple of slow months. We have a couple of big contracts that just came in this week, so it's going to be really busy in a week or so. That's usually how it goes around here...feast or famine!

Gayle ~ I agree with everyone else...we need wedding pictures!!!

My dad had dementia and memory problems mostly due to a head injury from a car accident that he was in 12 years ago. I thought that was bad, but Alzheimer's is so much worse. At least my dad knew who I was. Tim's mom always "knows" him, but she doesn't know he is her son. Tim's bother had a stroke 2 weeks ago and when Tim told her that Tom had a stroke she asked "Tom who?" and when he said "My brother, Tom." she just had a blank stare on her face and said "Oh." and went about what she was doing. It was very obvious that she didn't have a clue as to who he was talking about. It's really sad. There's never been any love loss between she and I, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

(Tim's brother lives in Florida. The stroke affected his right side, speech and vision. He's doing much better and is able to walk with a walker now and his speech isn't as slurred, but his vision is still impaired. He's only 54! It was a plaque related stroke, so that was also more incentive for me and Tim both to change our diet.)

gdeann
04-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Suzy, alot of my clients are the same way. They know my face now and know I'm safe, but really have no clue who I am until I tell them my name and I'm from the beauty shop. I have several who come in and out all thru the day asking about having their hair done. Many can't remember past a few minutes. It really is sad. Most seem to pickup some type of compulsive behavior too, from pulling hair out, taking care of babies (stuffed animals) who they think are real children to constantly doing laundry even to the point of rewashing folded clean laundry! I feel so sorry for the families. They say one should always just call the person by their first name, because you never know in their mind what stage of life they may be in. I noticed some of the women with sons, begin to think the sons are their deceased husband.

Janice, did you watch Biggest Loser this season? It has been my favorite show. I still think the shutting the light off to the fridge is cheesy, but the show it's self is really good.

Dee, the new SIL is more domestic then the daughter! He can cook from scratch, she needs help if it involves anything past boiling water. LOL!
I'm still tossing the support group around... I'm thinking it would really be good for me too and keep me accountable.

Shelley, is Mike liking his job? I know you are going to miss the girls terribly. How far away will they be?

It is cold and yucky here today. Steve is out of town all this week. He told me today he drove through a blizzard then ran into rain and finally was in a town with sunshine! I couldn't believe he ran into snow the second week of April.

Gayle

coles
04-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Gayle - I love the biggest loser, that is the diet plan I am following now, just need to get more active. I think it is amazing the weight the people on the show have lost and how it has changed their health and outlook on life.I know what you mean about the elderly, I work in long term care and the Alzheimers clients are the ones I love the most. We have posters in the rooms showing what they did in life, and a lot of the history of each client. It helps to know more about them.
Shelley - Air conditioning in Florida has to be a busy job, its wonderful that Mike is working again. Are you still doing two jobs?
Dee - you are the exercise QUEEN! How do you keep so active with your back pain?
Weather here has been much nicer. Sun and warmer.

Deelite
04-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Hey gayle I love your new picture, you sexy mama!

I am going to bed now but will post more tomorrow.

gdeann
04-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Far from sexy Dee! I am not photogenic at all!

Janice, I giggle when they show me a pic of a grandchild and say it is a sister of theirs and they are younger then them. Yesterday I had a lady in the shop tell me she was close to 90, a few minutes later she told me she was nearing 100. In reality, she is in her 80's. She also told me her parents are living, but packed up and moved away without telling anyone where they moved to. Boy, do I hear the stories!

coles
04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Gayle - I know what you mean. I have learned to just go along with whatever they say. Its what they believe and if it makes them happy I'm all for it.

alinnell
04-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Good morning everyone.

My grandmother died from complications of Alzheimer's when I was in high school. I personally can't see how a complication caused her death--she basically got so bad we had to move her to a nursing home where she was almost immediately placed in diapers and had to be tied to a wheel chair so she wouldn't fall out (or stay in bed which can cause bed sores). Anyway, she was there only a couple of weeks when she got pneumonia. It was a blessing in a way--she'd had the disease for so many years that no one really remembered the way she had been before. I vividly remember one night that my parents were out to dinner and she called every 3-4 minutes looking for my Dad. I dutifully recorded each call which ended just before my parents came back home and quit for the night. Dad had no intention of calling her back--he knew she wouldn't remember the call and it would probably have woken her up which would mean several more hours of her calling us.

Deelite
04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Shelley I am glad to hear that Mike is working again. Is he a good salesperson? I a sure that he is good at fixing the AC.
I hardly think that your booty and thighs are huge again. It is all in your perspective. If you weigh 130 you don’t have much to you. Give the pool a try. It really is a good workout.
I haven’t driven much since 2000 when I had heart surgery. I have been on so many different meds that affect me that it wasn’t always safe for me to drive. I have been out and about a bit in the last few days. Not far but at least I am driving.

Suzy it sure makes us accountable when we journal what we eat. This week would have been better for me had I completed my journal. It is either feast or famine when Larry is gone, and it sure wasn’t famine.
I am glad that Travis is working his dream. You must be happy for him even though he does dangerous work.
Guess we have to be happy when there is work. Do you have to hire more employees when you get busy?
I am sorry to hear about Tim’s brother. He is young to have such a serious problem. I am sure that it is a wake up call to him and the whole family. I am glad that he is starting to recover. That is sad about his mom not knowing but in one way you don’t have to be concerned about how the stress of this will affect her.

Gayle you should have told me earlier that Steve was out of town all week. The two of us could have gotten in some trouble together while our hubbies were away! Wink, wink!
Where is Steve, up in the North Pole? When you say it is cold what temp is it? This week we consider it warm, it is in the low 50”s.

Janice it sounds like the big loser plan is working for you. Keep doing it. I think that the menu’s you posted are awesome. Good and healthy and plenty of food.
You ask me how I can be so active with my back pain…….good drugs! Funny as it is, that is really true. If it wasn’t for oxycontin I would be in bed most of the days. When I get up in the morning I use a cane to come down stairs and to walk around. After a bit I don’t need it so I walk to the gym. Would you believe I even jog? People at the gym would never believe that I walk with a cane. I use the cane through out the day when I do the stairs. I feel my leg is weak and it gives me the support to get up the stairs without falling.

Allison Alzheimer's is a horrible disease as many of the girls have witnessed. I wonder what the stats are for one of us developing it when we get older.
Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?

Let’s see what kind of trouble I got in this week without Gayle’s help….I hauled out the patio furniture, washed windows, washed floors, shopped at the green house (that was the most fun I had) spent hours in the gym, oh yeah and after yoga and aqua fit last night I felt hungry so I got Dez out of bed to come and have a burger with me….lol

Larry called and said that he is at the airport. He will be home by 5:00 tonight. He wants to take me out for supper but I think that I will surprise him with a nice beef roast and mashed potatoes and salad. I made a few apple crisps this week that I popped in the freezer so I will pull one of them out too.
I want to jump on my exercise bike for awhile and head out to the park for a walk so I better get my booty into gear. As you all know I will be busy cooking dinner this afternoon.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Glad we are all back together.

ShelleyM
04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Good morning everyone! I am off for a bike ride, but just wanted to get into the habit of checking in here again!

SuzyMc
04-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Good morning! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day to get outside here today too. We had some bad thunder/lightning storms last night, but this morning we have all blue skies and sunshine and boy, did the grass ever turn green after that storm! :eek: I have the grandgirls today, so I think I'll see about finding everyone a rake and we'll tackle some yardwork! ;) Have a good day everyone!

Deelite
04-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Just checking in this morning too. It is a nice sunny day here.

Shelley enjoy your bike ride.

Suzy have fun with the grandgirls.

We will be working outdoors too. It is still pretty wet here and a bit of snow but I am going to enjoy the outdoors.

Well I smell the bacon cooking I better go help Larry.

Have a good one!

coles
04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
working all weekend but trying to be a Good Girl!

ShelleyM
04-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Yesterday, I had a great OP Core day! The only thing I had that wasn't Core was a few raisins in my yogurt. Not sure on how many points that would be, I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3. Now I am off for more biking.

Deelite
04-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Shelley how far do you bike? I think that a it is about 2 points for a table spoon of raisons. Not positive but it is close. Good for you for being on program. Come monday I am going to be more careful. With Larry away I didn't watch and I ate a lot of sweets.

Janice I know that you are one of the good girls.........now stay on program. You deserve it for yourself!

Suzy how did you do with the yard work? Did those grandgirls do most of the work for you? I bet you enjoy your day with them.

Yesterday we went for a nice long walk at the park along ponds and in fields. It was still wet and mud in places so when we got home Amigo needed a bath.
My brothers birthday was yesterday. He and his wife came over for drinks in the evening. We had a really nice time. They haven't been down to our place in years. We got out to their place because they have two very active young boys!
This afternoon we are going over to Jay's to give him some advice on pouring a pad for his new hot tub. He loved our hot tub so much that he bought a soft one a couple of years ago and now decided to go with a big hard tub. They will enjoy that.
After that we will probably take a country drive to go and visit my mom and dad. When we went to see them last weekend (first time since New Year's) I was surprised to see mom quit smoking. She hadn't smoked in 9 weeks. She is struggling but holding her own. She says she is not weezing or coughing. She knows it is so much better but is having a tough time. It is just so much nicer visiting her and coming home still smelling fresh. Even our underware stunk......don't ask why I am smelling my underware.....lol

Enjoy your day!

Deelite
04-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Shelley you still get up to early for the weekend! Don't you know how to sleep in? I got up at 9:30 this morning.

gdeann
04-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a busy weekend for everyone. We are moving into our new office today, compliments of the oldest kid moving out! She removed the last of her things yesterday so today we moved the office desk and some other stuff in there. I'm thinking I will move my painting station and supplies in there too. It is bright and I'm thinking it would make a nice, cheerful painting room too. Now, if I ever have time to paint again!

Janice, sending good vibes your way that you stay OP even if you are working all weekend.

Dee, I am a past smoker and now smoke really bothers me. I can't believe I ever smelled as bad as some of the smokers I'm around. I also can't believe how many of the nurses at work smoke, considering all the people they see with respitory issues because of smoking.

ShelleyM
04-14-2008, 05:18 AM
Dee-I bike between 10 and 15 miles on weekdays, and 20-25 miles on Sat and Sun. Good for your mom on the smoking.

Gayle-I love your new picture! Hope your office move went well.

Today will be nice at work. Everyone is on Spring Break. I will be there Mon, Tues, Wed. and take off Thurs and Fri. I had another OP Core day yesterday.

coles
04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Shelley - you are a maniac on that bike. That is a lot of miles I can't imagine biking for one mile let alone ten. How long does it take you to bike ten miles?
The sun is shining and things are warming up. So nice to be able to get outside.
I hope we don't need to worry about Alzheimers, they have come a long way with new drugs and research. The sad thing is that people that already have it can't be reversed just slowed down a bit.
The lake is finally thawing out can just see ice floating out from shore.

Deelite
04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Gayle isn't it great when the kids move out and you get more space? Remember when Jay moved out we changed his sunny south room to a garden room. Bow out the walls and put in garden doors and a large picture window. Larry and I eat every meal in there. It is so bright and cheery.
I hope that you have everything set up the way you want it. Where was your desk set up before?
I am painting my mom a picture for her birthday which is at the end of the month. As I have been painting it I often think of you and wonder if you will take some time for yourself and paint. I know that you enjoy it.
I never thought that my mom would have wanted a painting from me. She is not sentimental at all. She told her sister that she would love me to paint her a picture. I am painting a lake scene with spruce in the back ground.
I sure am glad that you don't smoke any more. It is such a hard habit to break.

Shelley you are putting the miles on that new bike of yours. I guess it isn't that new any more. When I jump on the bike the most that I do is 10 miles and that is far enough for me.
Are you journaling now that you are back on core? You are doing a great job of sticking to it.
Enjoy your quiet time at school. What have you got planned for your extra long weekend?

Janice how did you make out at work this weekend? It sure is windy here today. It is warm but all the sand and salt is blowing around. How close to the lake are you?
That is good to know that there are new drugs out t treat alzheimers. It is a very hard disease on the family.

Larry is busy this week on a course so he won't be coming home monday to wednesday. It will give me a bit more time to get some spring cleanning done. Once it is really nice out I hate being indoors. Yesterday we got the pool house set up and the yard cleaned up. We won't use the pool house yet because the floor is too cold. We like to sit on the deck til the bugs come. We have a bit a snow in the flowers beds yet so we will have to do those next weekend. That is a big job to do because I have a lot of perennials to cut down.
Anybody have any flowers blooming yet?

coles
04-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Work was fine this past weekend. We are about a block from the lake. I weighed in this morning and am exactly the same as last week. I need to drink more water. The snow is finally all gone. We have crocus and some early flowers in bloom. It is supposed to be warm all week, I need to get some yard work done and start cleaning up the yard.
Here is my menu for today
Coffee and Cream
Special K
Yogurt and blueberries
L- Peanut Butter and Jam on WW Bread
Baby Carrots
Snack - Celery and cream cheese
Dinner - Turkey Chili
WW bread - toasted
2 Cups Salad
Light Ranch dressing
Snack - Strawberries with Low Fat Vanilla ICe Cream
Total Calories - 1,472

gdeann
04-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Janice, don't worry about not losing. Next week you will probably have an amazing weightloss! Are you watching Biggest Loser tonight? I forewarned my family I will be doing NOTHING other then watching the show tonight. Steve teased me and told me he wanted to watch something else. I told him fine, I would watch Ali's TV or even go stand up at Walmart in front of the TV's until the show is over. LOL!

Dee, I want to see the painting when it is finished. I know it will be beautiful! What medium are you using? I'm not sure if I can even paint anymore...it has been over 2 years since I picked up a brush. Hopefully, when things settle in, I can start taking a weekend afternoon and do something creative.

Shelley, I can't believe how well you do with biking. I bet your calf muscles are solid. Does Mike ride his bike too? Steve still wants one, but we keep having other things come up.

Suzy, were you able to get any yard work done or did you guys have rain?

Well, I need to get Ali to school, I'll check in later.

Deelite
04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Janice your menu for today sounds great once again. If you have been following your program the weight will come off. It doesn't hurt to drink more water though. You might level out for a week or two and then the scale will go down. Hang in there, this is for life.
You guys are ahead of us with flowers. Hopefully by next week I will see some flowers.
It must be damp where you live if you are that close to the lake. What lake is it?

Gayle I haven't painting in a long time. I have wanted to but I just didn't have the energy. This picture is turning out ok for not painting much. I am using arcrylics. As you know when you paint 90% of the time you look at it and the other 10 % of the time you paint.....lol
Since we haven't had cable in two years my only time I watch tv is at the Y when I am on running on the treadmil or on the exercise bike. I did see a few episodes from the past and I found them very moving. Just for the record while you watch tonight use cans of soup for weights. You can get a good arm workout.
How many hours a week do you work?

I feel so blah the last few days, I don't even know why. I was planning on going downtown this morning to swim at the bigger Y pool but as you see I am still sitting here. I just don't feel like doing it. I want to crawl back into bed. I had 10 hours sleep last night. I don't know what to do.
Maybe it is because Larry won't be home for lunch this week........or because it is kinda grey out. Or maybe it is because I miss Baba and I can't even phone her. It just wasn't expected to lose our youngest mom out of the three that we have. Sheesh she was only 55. Papa has given up and isn't doing well.
I don't know......

My mom and dad are going to see my brother and his family in Ottawa tomorrow. They haven't been there since there youngest was born. He is now 17. My mom was offend the last time she was there. When she smoked they asked her to go into the basement bathroom. I totally understand where they are coming from with a new born baby and being non smokers. My mom had said to us that she would never go back again because for all that she did for them that is how they treated her. No matter how I tried to explain things as gently as possible so I wouldn't be the target of her anger, I could never get her to change her mind. She is very stuborn so she stuck to her word. Now that she quit she feels she can go because she hasn't broken her word. I am really happy that they can go. My dad wanted to drive out there last fall alone but it is just to long of a drive for him. I am glad that they can go together before it is to late. My brother and his wife are also celebrating their 25th anniversary so it is great timing.

Say a little prayer for sad Dee today.

gdeann
04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
HUGS for sad Dee today... when we lose someone we love, we never know which days will hit us the hardest. I have been at the kitchen counter, cooking and crying my eyes out, just because... a thought, word or action has prompted something to cause me to mourn openly. Did Baba like a special bush, flower? You love gardening, maybe with spring coming, you could plant a special flower in your yard and place...hmmm.. a gecko (I remember the lizard story!) or angel beside it? Think of something special she would of enjoyed and would want you to enjoy. Know and remember she is with you and smiling, knowing what a wonderful, caring person you are.
I'm glad your mom & dad are making the trip, I hope they have a fantastic time!

I work 3-4 days a week at the shop. My day goes like this:
Wake, dress, get Ali to school by 8:00.
On to the shop by 8:15/8:20
Break for the seniors to have lunch from 12:00 to 1:00, if I'm lucky, a few eat quicker and I can usually get back to work by 12:45.
If Steve is back in town for the day, he will pick Ali up and I will stay until 5:00 (when the seniors eat again) If not, I will pick her up from school at 3:00 or 4:00 depending if she has sports or not. I have 2 full days of nothing but regulars (shampoo/sets) then the other day or two is filled with perms/colors extra hair cuts etc. Those seniors keep me hopping! Of course, I usually go to the rooms to pick them up or drop them off, so I end up doing or getting myself into added activities such as helping dress, get letters ready to mail etc. :-) I told Steve if I could actually just go, do hair and have one patron after another come into the shop on their own, not stop for their meals, I could increase my load by an extra 2-3 patrons per day. I then do my own billing, which I do at home. If I get my butt in gear, I can have my billing ready to go and my end of the month paperwork finished in 1 day. This depends on how often the phone rings and how often I stop and get on the computer! LOL!

gdeann
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Dee, won't it be kind of messy for me tonight to be lifting two pots full of hot soup up in the air while I watch my show??? :-)

Deelite
04-15-2008, 03:01 PM
LMAO Gayle. I could just picture that! Thanks for the good laugh.

After I read the first paragraph of your post I sobs so hard. I have never cried that hard for Vivian before. Tears just usually rolled down my cheeks as I thought of her. I sure do miss her and I can't even share it with anybody because nobody greives. Dez and Jay are in deniel and Larry just doesn't talk much about it. He said he is sad but he doesn't cry. Lucky (Papa) is so sad and sick I don't want to make him feel worse by calling him and telling him how much I miss Viv. It is hard to beleive that it is almost four months and I am finding it really tough right now.
Thanks for the ideas. I think I will do something like that. I like the idea of having a Gecko around.
Your the Bestest!

gdeann
04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Dee, I'm sure they are grieving too, but in a different way. Larry is probably scared to open up too much for the fear of falling apart. Why don't you go visit or call Papa? I'm sure he will be comforted instead of saddened to know you are missing her too. He probably REALLY needs someone to talk to...I have a feeling you are just the person he needs right now. Is it close to the monthly anniversary of her death? Maybe you could take him with you and do something as simple as placing some flowers at the cemetary.

SuzyMc
04-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Dee ~ I'm learning the hard way that it is important to grieve and cry. The doctor thinks that most of the physical symptoms that I am having are directly related to grief. He said that it's not the same as depression and medications won't help...I just need to let it out, so I've been working on letting the tears flow and not holding them in. It's been 6 months since my dad died and 3 months since MaryJo died...I just keep hoping that it will all get better with time.

coles
04-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Down half a pound this morning YAA!!
Menu for today
3 Coffee & Light Cream
Breakfast - 2 Blueberry pancakes with light syrup
Snack - Fibre Bar
Pineapple slices
Lunch - WW Bagel
2 tsp light margaine
Ham & Light Cheddar
Baby Carrots
Snack - Low Fat Yogurt
Raisins
Dinner - S & S pork tenderloin
Cabbage
Sweet Potato
Snack - Raspberries
Have a great OP Day everyone.

coles
04-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Suzy - my heart hurts for you. I don't know what really helps with grief other than letting yourself feel it and know that its okay to miss your loved ones. Think about them being in heaven and watching over you. I talk to my loved ones all the time and it helps me feel they are still with me. Time does help but its normal to miss them every day. Love you - Janice

gdeann
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Janice, congrats on the weightloss! did you watch the biggest loser last night? I think every single one of the last 4 deserved to win. I thought it was cool, Bernie won the big money.

Sometimes I sit and think how it is to lose someone we love. My dad has been gone 22 years, I still miss him, but it gets easier to cope with. Steve's dad has been gone 2 years, it seems like a long time in some ways and then in other ways, it seems like yesterday. Like janice said, I find comfort in knowing they are in heaven and guiding me as I go through this life.

Deelite
04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the support ladies. I talked to Larry last night and told him that I am really missing Viv and that I cried for her. He listened and understood. He said that he thinks and prays for Papa everyday.

Suzy I understand fully what you are going through. It is tough but I guess we all go through it. I talk to Viv all the time too and hope that she is smiling down at me.

Janice way to go, the pounds are still coming down. Thanks for posting your menu. It gives me some good ideas. I think that your menus are healthy and plenty of food.

After the gym this morning I walked down to the dentist. I had a good check up, every thing is good. I do have a tooth with a larger filling that I should have crowned. I keep putting it off because of the problems I have with anistetic. There is one that they can use but it is special ordered and doesn't freeze for long. Sometimes only about a minute before they have to give me the next needle.

Nap time, talk to you all later.

ShelleyM
04-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Dee and Suzy-Prayers to both of you. I am so scared to even think about the loss of my parents. My dad turns 85 on Sunday, my mom is 84. They both highly depend on each other. I pray when they go, they go together.

Dee-I really like Gayle's gekko idea. I still remember the story also.

Gayle-How are you doing financially with the hair business? Has it been better for you than any other job you've had? I'm sure you can still paint beautifully.

Janice-You are doing so awesome! I am very proud of you.

I am off today, so I'll be going for a long bike ride, then coming home and digging into this dirty house, trying to organize a few things. I don't know where to start! The bike ride will take about 90 min for 20 miles or so.

coles
04-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Shelley - 20 miles!! I am truly amazed by you.
I was down another 1.5 pounds this morning but its not my official weigh day for another 5 days. It drives to crazy when I don't lose for my weigh in and they drop a couple of pounds two days later. Doug and I are going away to a cottage retreat for the weekend. He is turning 60, where do the years go?

Deelite
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Janice enjoy your time together. I hope that you have great weather. Wish Doug Happy birthday from another canadian chickie!
Congratulations on another 1 1/2 down. That's two pounds down this week. Remember being dissapointed that you didn't lose any?
How many menus on your program or do you chose food?

Gayle you do have a busy week with the little ladies. I am glad that you enjoy it.
Are you back on program?

Shelley go girl go! Wow I can't bike that fast. I am sure that you are in as good as shape when you could jog all those miles. It is probably a lot better for your joints too. Do you get a runners high when you bike that fast?

Allsion where are you......I can't see you!

Suzy what are you up to this week but being over worked and taking care of relatives?

This afternoon I am going to try low impact, since I hurt my back I haven't try it. I think I can do it as long as I keep it on the grown. I feel that I am not getting enough cardo.

SuzyMc
04-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I think spring has finally sprung here! It was in the 70's today and just beautiful! I got a new baby swing for Isabelle, so we all spent the afternoon outside. I did a little raking, but it's still hard to get much done with the girls here. I have tomorrow "off", so I'm hoping to get a lot done in the yard.

Have a wonderful weekend Janice! What I wouldn't do for a weekend away right now...I'm so jealous!

Shelley and Dee, you both are doing great with all the exercise! I don't know how you do it...I struggle to find 30 minutes a day for the treadmill!

gdeann
04-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Janice, have fun! I give the two of you permission to act like love struck teenagers! Congrats (early) on the weight loss too!

Dee, I also do mens hair at the shop along with manicures. I have some men that come in every few weeks for a trim. If I have time, I also provide services for some of the staff. It's a whole different world then one would expect, moving oxygen tubes/tanks around, steering wheelchairs, lifting etc. I am also staying on plan with my eating. I am watching my portions and making healthy choices. I could probably lose quicker other ways, but this is working for me.

Shelley, the shop is working out well. Financially, I'm doing better then what I could make around here for my qualifications. The worse part is staying strict about withholding tax money etc. I can't believe the percentage I have to take right off the top for being self employed. I love doing hair, plus I get to work with the elderly and ill which I am fond of. Regardless of the money, this is the most fulfilling job I have had. After getting to know all the residents, staff and their families, it is almost like an extended family.

Suzy, our warm weather must of decided to come visit you! We are back wearing coats and jackets! Have fun in the yard!

coles
04-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Gayle - what ever works for you, look at the weight you have lost. WOW!
I use the biggest loser diet plan. They provide a menu for the day and then you can swap with other foods from the list if you don't like the choices. It is very balanced with lots to eat.
It is rewarding working with seniors. I love them old folks too.
Dee - be careful with that exercise, don't want you to hurt yourself.
We are having warm weather and the weekend is looking good. The challenge will be to try to make healthy food choices. I have been especially good the past few days knowing I will probably be eating out on the weekend.
Suzy - enjoy your day "off".
Hello and good morning to all.

ShelleyM
04-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Janice-Enjoy your time.

Gayle-It's so good to hear that you are so happy with your business and helping the seniors. Hey, I'll be a senior on my birthday (55!!)

Dee-I don't go very fast on my bike. I can't seem to get over 13 mph, no matter how hard I try. I have clipless pedals, meaning I have bike shoes that I actually snap into the pedals so that I can get a good up and down leg work. It's still not the same as running. I don't even feel like I've had much of a workout after 1.5 hrs. My legs and thighs have gotten huge from not running. That seems to be the only thing that helps keep my legs trimmer. I guess I'll just have to be happy with big legs and thighs. I'm heading out for a walk now...

SuzyMc
04-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Gayle ~ If this weather is from you then thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! It's already 65 degrees and is supposed to climb well into the 70's today! I've been outside this morning washing windows and putting in the screens. It seems so nice to have fresh air blowing through the house!

Janice ~ I do understand about eating out and all the challenges that brings. We stopped at our local diner the other night for dinner and there was nothing healthy on that menu. I ended up getting a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich, but it tasted so greasy that I could hardly eat it. 8 weeks ago I would have been able to eat that and a large order of fries and thought nothing of it. Funny how your taste changes after just a short time! I told Tim that the next time we needed a quick meal that we would be eating soup and sandwiches at home! As for planned meals out we have been going to Applebee's, TGIFriday's and other restaurants that have WW or lite meals on their menus.

gdeann
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Suzy, we had frost this morning! Enjoy the beautiful weather and when your tired of it, send it back to me!

alinnell
04-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Good morning.
Just a quick check-in. Work is crazy. Life is crazy. Can't wait for June!

I'm having a laser procedure on my varicose veins on the 29th and I'm looking forward to that! Perhaps I'll be able to wear shorts again--but will have to wear a compression bandage (full leg) for 10 days afterward. I don't know if I have enough long pants to wear to cover that up! But I don't know if I want to let it show, either. And no way am I wearing sweats to work.

gdeann
04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Allison, good luck with the procedure!!! Will insurance cover such a thing? I have the varicose veins called spider veins. They don't stick out but are just very dark in areas, mostly around my knees. Could you wear long skirts with the bandage?

alinnell
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Gayle~me? Wear a skirt? You must be joking!!! I usually wear capri pants or jeans to work. I only wear a skirt once or twice a year (and it has to be worth it!!). My varicose vein is really bad. It's about 12-14" long and raised and bumpy and gross. DH remarked the other day how bad it looked (which was the impetus to get me to a doctor for a consultation). Insurance will cover part of it, but I'm not sure how much.

Deelite
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Allsion all the best with the surgery. I can't imagine not wearing skirts or dresses when it is warm. I have lots of them and enjoy wearing them.

Gayle can I send my man over for a hair cut? He is about due for one. I could you a manicure too! Hey I have a question for you.....why is it that my toe nails start to fall off after I have nail polish on for more than a few weeks? Larry won't let me paint them any more.
When you got into the business did you think about the extras that you would have to do? I love seniors too! I am glad that you are enjoying it and making some money.
Healthy eatting for life is what it is all about. If you are on a diet you will have to come off of it sometimes and the weight will come back on.
I consider ww's a plan for life for me. I add points on to maintain but I still need to journal and watch what I eat.

Janice enjoy your weekend. Are you cooking most of your meals? BBQ season is great for low fat and so is fish or seafood. When you get back home you can get right back on program. That is what life is all about.
Would you believe that I have cut back on my exercise? I have always put in at least four of exercise a day til I had health problems.

Suzy I am out working in the yard too. I love it outside.
Aww a swing for the little one. You better watch out she is going to grow up too fast.

Shelley did you enjoy your quiet week at work?
Do you think that your legs have gotten bigger from the muscles of biking? When I bike alot my leg muscles get huge, I have to watch that I don't do to much biking. I have always had very muscular legs. Even in school they called me horse legs because they were so big. Guess the one good thing is that the muscle burns more calories. having large muscles also helped me out when I lost mobility of that leg. They shrunk but I still had some strength left.

Time to get back to the yard work.

I am going to see Donald Trump this weekend. He is giving a seminar on how to make money on real estate. Hmm does it sound interesting to any of you?

ShelleyM
04-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Dee-I never really thought the biking had anything to do with the huge legs and thighs. Maybe it does. I hate the fact that walking as fast as I can doesn't seem to burn as many calories as biking.

Allison-My friend at school had the vein treatments and is going for more. Her legs are looking so much better. She wore the compression sleeve with no problem. She is in her late 50's and did quite well.

Gayle-I'll send you the sunny Fl weather that is here right now.

Heading out for a bike ride to make my legs bigger :)

gdeann
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Maybe Dee & Shelley legs are not getting bigger, but their butt is getting smaller? :-)

Deelite
04-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Lol you are too funny Gayle! I guess you will have to come and take a look and tell me!

gdeann
04-19-2008, 05:00 PM
I would love nothing more then to able to make a trip to see you!

ShelleyM
04-20-2008, 11:03 AM
:)

gdeann
04-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Dee, send Larry on over for a hair cut. while you at it, why don't you suggest it to "The Donald" he needs a new style instead of that horrible comb over. LOL! How was the seminar?
Hmmm.... Do you use a brand of polish with fermaldahyde in it? It could also be an allergic reaction. How do your fingernails do with polish on them?

I made a yummy brunch pizza today. I subbed lowfat on the ingredients when I could.

BREAKFAST PIZZA

INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
4 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

DIRECTIONS
Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with bacon, potatoes and cheddar cheese.
In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Pour over cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are completely set.

ShelleyM
04-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Gayle-That sounds yummy. Too bad it's not Core friendly for me. While I'm on the subject, I still haven't lost one iota on Core yet!

4myloves
04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
:wave:

???

alinnell
04-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi Cheryl! It's been a long time!! How's the baby?

SuzyMc
04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome back Cheryl! :hug:

Gayle ~ Your breakfast pizza sounds yummy, but I'm guessing that even the low fat version has too much fat in it for my diet. I'm trying to stay at around 20 grams a day.

Dee ~ You're not kidding...these grandbabies are growing up way too fast! Isabelle is going to be a year old next month!

Allison ~ Good luck with your surgery! Tim has horrible varicose veins. He had surgery on them about 20 years ago, but they have come back even worse since then and now there's nothing more that can be done.

Janice ~ How was your weekend???

Deelite
04-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Poop I lost my post!

Hey there Mama Cheryl how are you feeling? I hope that you are enjoying your new little package. He has to be growing with leaps and bounds.

Suzy I can't beleive that Isabelle will be a year. Time goes by so fast.
How are you doing with your weight? It is a battle but well worth it. It is for better quality of your life and health.
You would think that after 20 years that Tim should be able to have something done to his veins. The surgery should have improved.

Gayle your breakie pizza sounds yummy. Does the hashbrowns get crispy abit or are they on the softer side?
I am not sure what was in the nail polishes. I through out the ones that made my nails fall off. One of the brands was avon, I also had the same problems at salons. My finger nails have been ok because after a couple of days I take it off because it chips.
I will let you know when Larry is in town!

Janice I hope that you had nice weather for your weekend away. It was nice and sunny hear. East of us they were getting snow. Today is a different story, it is rainy, windy and cold.

Allison what have you been up too? I am sure that you are busy at work. We just got the last of our windows dilivered today. Larry will be busy putting in the last 13 of them. He also has to metal clad them too.

We went shopping this weekend for something fun.....

http://www.tab-rv.com/tour/index.php

It is so tiny and cute. One of the reviews said that everyone want to see what it looks like that you can't sit down and relax. They even had someone follow them off the highway to look at it.
I am excited to go camping again. It has been years since we have gone. This is the only trailer that we could pull with our car. It is made with a special light weight material. It has a 10 foot add a room so it will give us some extra space. The material is moon dust and the outside isn't the funky colors it is white and grey. Larry is a lot more conservative than I am. Could you have ever guessed?

Have a good day ladies.

ShelleyM
04-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Hi Cheryl! It's so good to hear from you!

Dee-How exciting to look for a motor home! It looks beautiful.

coles
04-22-2008, 07:12 AM
WELCOME BACK CHERYL - we missed you SO MUCH!!!! I better little Jake keeps you busy.
Dee - congrats on the camping trailer. You will have a blast. It is very cute.
We had fun on the weekend. The weather was warm and sunny. The cottage had everything you could want. Hot tub, sauna, two bathrooms, etc etc. Back to reality today. I ate too much now I am getting back on track. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Deelite
04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Janice that is great to hear that you enjoyed your weekend and had the bonus of good weather. When we rent a cottage we go for all the extras like you guys did. It feels so good.
It is good to hear that you are back on track with your eatting today. That is a fact of life. We can party but when the parties over we need to settle down and watch what we eat.

Shelley it is far from a motor home in size....lol Probably about the size of your bathroom! It is tiny but cute.

I am going downtown to Ww's today. I will do my speed walk there and have a coffee at my favorite coffee shop.

What are you girls up too?

4myloves
04-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Jake does indeed keep me hopping! I HATED having to start back to work and leaving him at the sitter--I feel like I miss out on so much everyday. :( He's a handsome little man, and he grows/changes daily it seems.

I've been having gall bladder attacks--I guess as a result of pregnancy? I only gained 20 pounds while I was pregnant (started out at 282 :yikes: ) and I've lost 52 since I had Jake (11 weeks ago Thursday). I want to lose 20 more and start trying for a little brother or sister for him.

I've missed you all, too. I didn't want to come here anymore for a long time because it's a "weight loss" site and I hadn't lost any weight, plus I wasn't motivated to lose at all. I really didn't feel like I belonged anymore, then when all the hoop-lah happened with them yanking "our" space and shutting me out it just cemented the feelings I had of not belonging. I still kind of feel that way :shrug:, but y'all are my friends and I missed keeping up with the goings on in your lives and sharing all the fun I'm having with Jake.

Deelite
04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Cheryl it is good to hear from you. Wow you have done awesome with the weight that you have lost.
I can't believe that you are ready to have another baby. Jake must be so much fun. I am glad that you are enjoying him.
Gull bladder attacks are no fun. Try to eat less fat and spice foods. That sometimes helps.

Todays trip downtown was profitable but not for me.....the stores. I bought a pair of capris, two pairs of pants, a sweater, a turtle neck and a shirt. Yikes I broke the piggy bank. Sales are just away to make you spend your money and think that you saved so much.

Larry won tickets to the hockey game tonight. That should be fun.
I just checked our messages from yesterday. Opps......there was one from the doctors office for him to call. He just had his physical. they want to run a few more tests. I hope that the doctor is just being cautious. i will let you know how it all turns out.

coles
04-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Cheryl - I understand how you feel, but you DO belong with us. We are your friends and we missed you. 52 pounds that is amazing - Congratulations!!!
Dee - sounds like you had a successful shopping trip.
Menu for today: Breakfast - Coffee, blueberry pancakes, light syrup, yogurt
Snack - Orange, cottage cheese
Lunch - Roast Beef sandwich on WW bread Light Margarine, Tomato Slices
Snack - Baby carrots, oatmeal cookie
Dinner - Mustard and Herb Baked Salmon, salad, light Italian dressing, whole wheat dinner roll,
Snack - Chocolate pudding & raspberries
Have a good day gals,

Deelite
04-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Great menu Janice. Can I come over and share with you?

Cheryl I second what Janice said. We are all friends here. We don't need to be losing weight to post. We are all at different stages of our lives at different times but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends. We love you no matter what weight you are and weather you are losing or not.

Just checking in before I head off to the Y. It is a sunny cool morning here. It is below freezing. Yikes my poor perenials that I uncovered. Most of them are hardy but not my lilies.

Enjoy the day!

4myloves
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Dee,

I finally got around to clicking on the T@B link. I want one!!!!! That would be so nice for me and mom and Jake to take to Branson. We could park it in the KOA campground and live it up! I need to go shopping, too, for new clothes, but for now all of my extra cash is going toward diapers and formula for the baby. Hopefully when I'm able to give him breast milk again I'll have extra money to spend on clothes!

Janice and Shelley, Thanks for the welcome back. I have to say again I REALLY did miss you all. Gayle coming back gave me the boost I needed to post here again--and now I seem to have run her off!

gdeann
04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
You could never run me off you silly goose! I can't believe the weight you have lost since having baby Stew, er...Jake. I AM VERY, VERY PROUD OF YOU! I would love a T@B too! They are the cutest things ever! I love the vintage/retro look to them! I do have concerns about the OPTIONAL port-a-potty though. So, I'm guessing when you need to use it, you pull it out of the cabinet? Is that right Dee? I'm not sure I'm so into letting company see me take a potty break!! Ha, HA!!

Janice, you are doing so well! I can't believe how motivated you are and how you are planning each days menu in advance. It's working, so keep it up!

Dee, sounds like you had a productive shopping trip! I did too... I went to our local thrift store. I'm not about to spend alot on clothing when I eventually hope to be in a smaller size. If one takes the time to examine the stuff, you can do ok. I ended up with a pair of denim capri's, 1 dress shirt, 1 casual shirt and a cute, casual pullover dress which will work great at the shop. I usually end up getting dye spots or bleach spots on my shop clothing anyways.

I hope everyone has a good day today! I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping with my car using $3.99 a gallon gas. :-)

Deelite
04-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Gayle your gas is cheap! We are paying $126 a liter which is $5.04 a gallon! Yikes no wonder we bought a T@B, we wouldn't be able to pull anything else, we would be broke.
I love shopping at second hand stores. I look for name brand clothing. I get great deals.
Way to go on your bargins.

Cheryl how come you aren't able to nurse? Or is that too personal of a question? Sorry if it is.
In Canada when you have a baby you get unemployment for a year. It comes out to about 66% of your wages and you don't pay tax. You also have the option of taking another year off with a guarantee that your job will still be there. Maternity/paternity leave can be shared anyway you would like it.
I can't believe that you are at work already.
Aren't the tabs great, small and compact. We camped in a VW camper van with the two kids. One bunked in the front of the seats and the other one had a bunk that when the roof popped up you could put another canvas bed up. It was great. We had a sink, and fridge, table and benches and plenty of storage. So we are use to small spaces. With the screened in kitchen we did fine. That"s why with just the two of us in the trailer and the add a room we will be fine. Just can't wait. It is being shipped here so we have a few weeks before I can start stocking it up.

4myloves
04-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Dee, I only took 6 weeks off work. I could have taken 12, but we're in the middle of loan season and I didn't want to leave my co-workers hanging. I do take a lot of half days since I'm back, though, to spend the odd morning or afternoon with Jake. I used sick leave that I accrued at work, though. If I had a "regular" job I wouldn't have gotten to take that time off. Canadians have it much better than Americans when it comes to maternity/paternity leave. Lucky dogs.

I'm not nursing now because I've been taking antibiotics for my inflamed gall bladder. The GP I see actually wanted me to wean the baby during this time, but he's only 2 1/2 months old and I want to wait until he's at LEAST 6 months old, and hopefully longer before he gives up breastmilk. I'm actually having a discussion about this very topic elsewhere at 3FC. I'm pumping to keep my supply up so he'll be able to have my milk again soon!

Deelite
04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Cheryl how long will you be on the antibotics? Good for you wanted to keep nursing. I think that the longer you nurse the healthier your baby will be. Jake is a lucky guy to have you as his Mommy.
I am glad that you can take some half days off to be with Jake. Yes we are pretty lucky when it comes to a leave.
When will you get more results from your gall bladder?

4myloves
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I have 3 more days of antibiotics, then I'll probably give them one day to completely get out of my system.

I see a surgeon in Memphis (TN) about the gall bladder on 04-30-2008. That date must be a "special" day in my life, because not only I, but my dad AND my father-in-law all have doctor's appointments that day!

ShelleyM
04-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Cheryl-Wow! 52 lbs is fantastic! I'm sorry about the gall bladder though. I can't believe you are ready for another baby already. What about Stewart? Is he enjoying being a daddy?

Janice-Your salmon sounds ymmy. You are doing so well on your program and daily menus.

Dee-$5.04 a gallon? Yikes! Ours is averaging about $3.50 right now.

Tomorrow is Becky 20th birthday. I can't believe it. Where did the time go? I sent her a fruit arrangement of chocolate dipped strawberries and oranges. I'll be putting some $$ in her bank account also.

Deelite
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Shelley wow Becky is turning 20. Wish her happy birthday from our group. What a yummy gift.

Cheryl april 30 is my mom's birthday. Good luck with your appointment. I hope that you can start nursing soon. I am glad that you stuck with it.

gdeann
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY BECKY!

Man, Shelley, I can't believe these kids are making us old! I hope she has a sweet day and enjoys her sweet bouquet. It sounds delish!

Cheryl, take care of yourself sweetie. I hope you get a good report when you go to the doc. I bet baby jake is such an angel, I wish we could see him in person!

Dee, will you be traveling far with your new camper? I can't get over how cute it is. Steve agreed with Larry, he liked the grey/white too. I liked some of the funky color combinations.

Deelite
04-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Gayle you never know what the future will bring. There are a lot of parks and lakes around here. I am planning on staying at one during the week that is close by so that Larry can come after work. I am looking forward to it.

coles
04-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Good Morning my Floozie Friends,
Happy Birthday Becky! Yes, the gas prices here are nuts? I work for a Government nursing home so I can take the bus to work for free. It takes me an extra 1/2 hour each way so I usually only bus when the weather is bad. I may have to start taking it more often.
Dee - I would love a trailer like you are getting. Camping is great fun.
Cheryl - good luck at the docs.
I love thrift store shopping. I can spend hours poking around looking for things. Love garage sales too.
todays menu:
Breakfast - 1/2 Banana, 2 blueberry bran muffins, strawberry yogurt
Snack - Pineapple & cottage cheese
Lunch - baby carrots, chicken and light mayo on Weight Watchers bread
Snack - 2 cups salad with light italian dressing
Dinner - Chicken breast, 1/2 baked potato, 1/2 cup salsa, asparagus
Snack - Raspberries and 1/2 cup frozen vanilla yogurt
Happy Thursday everyone.

Deelite
04-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Janice was that a type error or did you actually eat two blue berry muffins? If so what kind were they?
Nice menu.

I am volunteering at a seniors play shortly so I better get going.

Have a good day.

4myloves
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Whoo-hoo! I will normally update my ticker on Mondays, but today I HAD to! Yesterday I weighed in at 249, but I didn't want to get excited in case it was a fluke--today I weighed in at 248!!! This is the first time I've been under 250# in YEARS!

Can't wait to get down to under 240!

Deelite
04-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Cheryl congratulations. You must feel awesome. Way to go girl, I am proud of you.

Just got back from volunteering, I knew a good number of ladies there.
It is so cold and blustery today. There is a few inches of snow that fell and it is so wet and slippery. This is not the weiather that I ordered for spring. Yuck.
I think that I will stay home tomorrow if it is this cold and icy.

Shelley send me some of your sun.

Deelite
04-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Larry and I agreed on not saying anything to anyone til we know more.
I figured that talking to you girls won't spread it around and I need your support right now. I am scared.

Larry finally went for his blood test and urine test following his physical a month ago. Well we got a call back and they found blood in his urine. They want a three day urine sample from him.
When he needs to pee he needs to pee. Sometimes he is up three times a night. Everytime he drinks something when we are out we need to know where the bathrooms are. His legs have also been swollen abit off and on. His mom had kidney cancer in her 40's and lung cancer 5 years before that.
I am hoping that this is a nothing but I am abit scared and I can't even talk to anyone about it.

Please pray for him. We will be bringing in the samples tomorrow. We should know something next week. Let's hope that this is a false alarm.

Thanks girls for always being there.

Deelite
04-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey guys how about we post our birthdays on the birthday thread, since we lost all that info before. I sent Marti a message with my birthday. I would hate to miss anyones special day.

ShelleyM
04-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Dee-I am praying everything is fine with Larry. :grouphug: Could be kidney stones. Does it hurt when he pees?

coles
04-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Dee- prayers for Larry. It is scary when you don't know what's going on.
We are always here for you. Have they treated him with antibiotics?
Congratulations Cheryl you are doing awesome I am proud of you.
Will try to figure out where to add my birthday. August 2nd, 1955.
Not a typo on the muffins. Here is the recipe.
Blueberry Bran Muffins 63 calories each
1 1/2 cups wheat bran or oat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup 1 percent milk or unflavored soymilk
1/3 cup honey
1 ripe medium banana (mashed)
1 large egg
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup blueberries or other berries
Makes 24 minature muffins

4myloves
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Dee, you and Larry will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Love ya, Cheryl

gdeann
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Dee, try not to worry sweetie. I know, easier said then done. Larry will be in my prayers. Please let us know something the first chance your able to. {{{HUGS}}}

Staying home today! I am not running one single errand or making any trips outside of this house until time to make a school run. I'm playing hermit today.

Deelite
04-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks ladies for the prayers. You will be the first ones to know as no one else knows anything.
He has no pain when he pees, no antibiotics. He has had this problem for a few years but it is getting worse. That is why I told him he should mention it to the doctor. Hopefully we will get news by mid week.

Janice wow that sounds like a really good recipe. I am going to see if I have all the ingredients around and make them up today. If you click under birthday theads, you can pm Marti from there. She will post it for us.

Gayle is it a yucky day there too? Are you going to paint...are ya? Do a little something for yourself.
How are the married kids making out....opps bad choice of words! I mean how are they doing? Much more decent.....oh yeah I remember I talking to you!

Today it is still cold and the snow is there so I am not going to the gym. I am going to do yoga and I think that will have to do!

SuzyMc
04-26-2008, 02:14 PM
In 24 hours time I found out that I am going to be a grandma again...not once, but twice! Shawn told us Tuesday night that DIL1 is pregnant again and then Travis called to tell us the next afternoon that DIL2 is pregnant (their first)! DIL2 went to the doctor Thursday and is due on Christmas. DIL1 has an appointment this coming Thursday. I'm a little worried about her though. She was taking the pill, but was taking antibiotics for several weeks while she had a root canal done and then she got the stomach flu and threw up for a couple of days. She didn't take any of her medications while she had the stomach bug and rather than play catch up after she was better, she figured that she would just start a new pack after her period started. She says now that probably wasn't the best plan. She doesn't think that she was taking any of the pills while she was pregnant though, so hopefully all will be ok. I'm hoping (for Shawn) that maybe this is just a very determined baby boy wanting to be born! I expect that both babies will be due at the same time. It will be cool to have cousins the same age, but December will be a rough month financially with two birthdays and Christmas for 5 grandkids! :dizzy:

Dee ~ Larry is in my prayers. Hopefully the problem will be something that can be easily fixed with medication.

Janice ~ Thanks for posting the muffin recipe! They sound wonderful! I'll make mine with egg beaters and that will lessen the cholesterol too.

I hope you enjoyed your day at home yesterday Gayle! What is everyone up to today?

gdeann
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
My goodness Suzy! I don't think anyone can top your new news! CONGRATULATIONS+++TWICE!!! You are one hot little grandma! Hopefully, everything will work out as far as when she stopped her meds, etc. I can feel your soon to be pain! One daughter is 3 weeks from Christmas and the other, one week before Christmas. Financially, Nov. & Dec. stink with birthdays, taxes, Christmas etc.

Deelite
04-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Congratulations Suzy. You must have been astonished by the news! Wow I am sure that you are probably still in shock. They will be in our prayers.

Hey Gayle I do believe that Suzy is our age. Can you imagine having 5 grandchildren already?????

gdeann
04-26-2008, 04:08 PM
No way Dee!! I know it is a true blessing, but I am SO NOT READY for grandchildren!!! How am I to continue acting like a young, hot mama if I have a grandchild in tow?? LOL! I will fight getting older to my dying day, in fact, I'm needing to color my hair more and more often...not a good sign. Steve is younger then me, he is only 37, I think he would get the giggles out of being a grandparent! For me, it would be the realization I am soon to be 45...YUCK! DOUBLE YUCK!
I get the giggles now when I go to school with Ali. All of the people I recognize from school or close to my age are there with a grandchild! I guess that is what happens when you space your kids 13 years apart!

Deelite
04-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Speaking of getting older Gayle I see you didn't post your birthday.

We have a few birthdays posted (Shelley's and Janice) now when is everyone elses?

coles
04-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Dee and Gayle - stop your whining about your age. I'm going to be 53 this year. I would love to be a grandma at least once. You two are still spring chicks. I got the color stripped from my hair, a lighter color put in and streaks, then got it cut shorter. Everyone says I look younger. I can use all the help I can get. Working this weekend, the weather is colder now again. It was just a tease that warm weather you sent me Dee. Send some more please.
Congratulations Suzy!! Your lucky gal.

SuzyMc
04-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I turned 45 in October and yes, I am MUCH too young to have 5 grandchildren! :eek: Shawn saw to it that I would be young enough to enjoy my grandchildren...he had just turned 17 when Abby was born. I was 37. Those were some difficult days indeed, but it has all worked out in the end. God doesn't make mistakes and I have 3 lovely granddaughters (and a wonderful daughter-in-law) to prove it. :) I am still in a bit of shock though...I never in a million years expected to hear the same news from both boys at the same time! :faint:

ShelleyM
04-28-2008, 05:38 AM
Okay, ladies! I will be double digits on my upcoming birthday. I am the oldie here! Luckily no grandchildren though (especially since my oldest is only 20!)

Suzy-Congratulations on becoming a grandma twice again. I was 37 when I my DD turned 2!

4myloves
04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll be in Shelley's boat! I'm 32 now, so I may never even get to meet any of my grandkids! I'll be 50 when Jake graduates high school, not to mention any future bundles of joy. :love:

Deelite
04-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Janice our weather turned to the better today. We had cold weather too. I will send you the nice day we are having.

I just got a call from my sister so I will check in later.

Have a good day.

coles
04-29-2008, 07:29 AM
We have frost this morning. Yuck! Where did the sunshine and warm weather go? Weigh in day today I am down 2.5 pounds this week. Have a great day everyone.

gdeann
04-29-2008, 08:33 AM
GREAT JOB JANICE! I love your new weight ticker too!

Shelley, I was 35 when I had Ali. Think how old I will be by the time she graduates! LOL!

Cheryl, ahhh... to be 32 again.... the good old days! Now I'm just happy to wake up without every bone in my body hurting!

Dee, Larry find out anything yet?

Deelite
04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Janice way to go! You are losing at a really good weight. Just think what you will look like when your pool opens up. I guess right now you could probably skate on it. I promise you I have sent good weather your way. The last week the night temps have been below freezing but the days have warmed up.

Gayle no news yet. Hopefully we will know in a couple of days. It is hard no knowing what is going on.
My dear Aunt Sally (god mother, mom's baby sister) wasn't well in Mexico. She had pain in her arms and back. She also was concerned about a little lump she got. By the time that they left for home she had been to emergency four times and they didn't really find anything. They thought it was nerve pain.
Since she has been home she has gotten worse. She now has 13 lumps and is having a very hard time to breath.She isn't doing much but resting. She is very active, loves to cook and clean. She is 62 years old. Twice different doctors told her it was fat in the lumps at that she has arthritis. She finally went to a walk in clinic and they took a chest xray. They seen something there that they will discuss after they get the results of the biopsy that they did on one of the lumps. The lumps seem to be where the limp nodes are. We are pretty concerned at this point. She will know the results on thursday. She didn't want to tell mom to much til she has the results. It doesn't sound to good. I hope that I am wrong.
More bad news to share......Mom's best friend Jackie (the one dealing with brain cancer) was just told that they can no longer do anything for her. They took her off her meds and is giving her two months to live. Up til now she has traveled lots and enjoyed going to the casinos. She is still able to do that this week so mom wanted to take her out gambling. She will be going down hill very quickly. She walks with a walker right now and her memory is so-so. Mom is having a hard time with this news, that is why Sally hasn't said anything to mom about how serious this might be. Mom knows that she is resting most of the time and in pain but doesn't know the rest. I think it is better to tell when we have all the facts.

So please remember us in your prayers this week.

gdeann
04-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Jackie crossed my mind the other day, but I couldn't remember her name and then I forgot to ask you about her. If I remember correctly, she has lived more years then they ever expected. I am sorry to hear things have progressed to the point they have for her. We just never know...
Your aunt will be in my prayers. I agree, it is probably best to wait to tell your mom after you know more. With her health problems as well, it is wise to not cause her added stress.
I'm anxious to see what you find out about Larry's test.
Healing prayers are sent my friend, for all those involved. Prayer can really work miracles at times.

SuzyMc
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh my goodness Dee you have a lot on you right now. I know how that feels and will keep you and all in my prayers. Please let us know as soon as you get the results from Larry's tests.

Janice, it's cold here today and they are calling for 20's and frost for us tonight. I'm ready for summer!

4myloves
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Dee, you've got a lot on your plate right now, for sure! Take care of yourself. Remember you have us when you need us.

Deelite
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks girls, I know that I can always count on you.

gdeann
04-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Dee, I like your new pic too! I'm so use to seeing the pic of you though, it takes me awhile to figure out who it is. Are you the one with the crack in the butt??? LOL!

ShelleyM
04-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Hugs and Prayers to you, Dee. Any news on Larry yet?

coles
04-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Dee, you have a lot to handle right now, such sad news. Prayers to you and your family. We are always here for you.
Shelley - how is your foot doing. Are you running at all these days?
Allison - Where are you?? Hope all is okay with you.

Deelite
04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Gayle I was wondering if you would comment on my new pic......so you like my butt do you?
Now that the wedding is over I hope that you are still watching what you eat. If not I am coming over there to chase you around to shake off the pounds.

Janice you are right there is lots going on right now. By next week some of this will be water under the bridge. My back oblation will be over, we will have the results on Sally, and hopefully the results back from Larry's test. After that we will have to start dealing with it.

Shelley in Canada there is a game called the waiting game.....you wait and wait for tests and then you wait and wait for results. No news yet.

My mom's birthday is today. She is 74. She thought that she would die when she turned 72 because so many of her family members died at that age. We will be going to see her tonight. She just caught a cold. I am hoping that now that she quite smoking that she won't get as sick and have to be hospitalized.

Mmmm black forest cake. Gee I have let the sugar monster come out of the closet again. After mom's cake today I am going to get back on track.

xox

ShelleyM
05-01-2008, 05:44 AM
Dee-Happy birthday to your mom! She has been quite a trooper!