Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #16  
Janice

Shelley - what a wonderful surprise. How is your foot these days for running?
Not much knew around here. We are getting lots of rain but it was still be a white christmas because we have so much snow.
I guess you all know what my New Years' resolution will be!
Big Fat Girl that I am.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #17  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone! What a surprise to check in here and find a new and ACTIVE Floozie thread! It's nice to see you all and catch up with what you have been doing.

Shelley ~ I'm sorry to hear that things aren't much better for you there. Hopefully 2008 will be a much better year for you and Mike (and for us all)!

Allison ~ Your poor mother! I will say a prayer that she heals quickly and has an easy recovery!

Dee ~ Sounds like you are busy as always! I've missed reading your posts!

Janice ~ We have had the rain here today...it has poured all day long! Like you we still have snow and I'm so thankful that this precipitation all fell as rain and not snow or it would be up to the rooftops!

I do hear from Gayle and Cheryl fairly often and both are doing well. I'll mention that there is a new active thread and maybe they will decide to check in. Has anyone else heard from any of the other MIA Floozies?

I found the secret to not gaining weight over the holidays...it's called the flu. I have lost 5 pounds since Wednesday and food is the farthest thing from my mind! Hopefully the cookies and candy will all be gone by the time I feel like eating again and I'll be able to start the new year off right!

I'll be checking in more often now that I know y'all are posting again! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #18  

Suzy-I hope you are feeling better. I am so glad you checked in. I decided to stay here, since I found some friends still posting.

Janice-You are too hard on yourself. Enjoy your white christmas.

I am heading out to run, even though my foot is not doing that great.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #19  

Merry Christmas to all my Floozie Friends!
Old 12-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #20  
Janice

So nice to have you checking back in Suzy.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Hope Santa is good to each of you.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #21  
Losing it...again!

Even though it is about over, I want to wish all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas! I hope it was a very happy day for all filled with laughter, fun, family and friends!
Old 12-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Although my company was fun and Christmas was nice, I feel terrible on two counts. One, my Mom. After talking to her on the phone yesterday, I cried. I feel so bad that she can't be home on the holidays. Two, I caught a nasty cold and I feel miserable. So bad, in fact, that I'm thinking of skipping tomorrow morning's run (this would be the first time I've skipped a day since starting to run 6 or 7 months ago).

Anyway, I'm back on the diet track and hope that these holiday pounds melt off so I can get back to my ticker weight--I hope to be at goal by my birthday.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #23  
Janice

Allison - I feel for you. It was nice that you got to talk to your mom at least, although I know its not the same as being with you.
Hope you get feeling better soon.
I started out with good intentions today to stay on my diet, but blew it half way through the day. Oh well tomorrow's another day.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:48 AM   #24  

Allison-I hope you are feeling better both physically and mentally today. I didn't know that you had started running!! I'm so proud of you.

Janice-I have been sugar free for 5 days now. Want to join me?
Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #25  

Shelley I think I need to join you in the sugar free way. It is a good thing that I sat here this morning while drinking my tea and eating cookies.
this way I felt guilty eating more than 3. I shouldn't of had those but I am feeling sorry for myself.

Allison I hope that your feeling better soon. One good thing with colds you usually don't over eat. It is sad when you don't get to spend Christmas with your love ones.

Suzy nice to see you are posting over here. I hope that you were able to enjoy Christmas. I am sure that it was a hard one for you with the passing of your dad.

Janice it is not what you eat between Christmas and new years but what you eat between new years and Christmas. Enjoy the season for now and then get back into the grove.

Christmas never went as planned. It wasn't a very merry one. On Dec 23 my dad called and he took mom to the hospital. She is having hard time breathing, and her oxygen is low. She is still in the hospital. Mom's lungs are so fragile. She had pneumonia about a month ago. It cleared up but now has left her lungs weakened even more. She still may have a touch of it, I will find out today. Christmas Eve dinner was supposed to be made by mom and their place. Tables turned and Larry and I made it at mom and dad's. My family is mostly useless. Dad knew I could do it so he asked me, which was fine but it was a panic unthawing my bingo turkey that I won. It was only taken out at 7:00 the evening before. Managed to thaw, clean, and stuff it at 7 am to bring it out to the country. We left it with Dad to shove in the oven at noon while we headed back to the city to visit mom in the hospital. She is seriously sick but holding her own for now. Hopefully she will be out in a couple of days. She is definitely going down hill. Christmas eve was pretty sad. Everyone was worried about mom and missing her. We didn't do our exchange game and no one opened gifts from mom and dad. The little kids got gifts from uncles and aunts so they had something to open. We are hoping to be able to celebrate on new years day. Mom was going to have dinner anyways. I know she won't be strong enough so I will come to the rescue.

We got home at midnight physically and mentally exhausting day, only to start preparing our brunch time food. I was frosting grapes at 1:00. My back was pretty sore from being up all day and besides that we had company for dinner the night before so it had been a long couple of days. We had brunch and opened our gifts with the kids Christmas morning. Jay and Ash left just after noon. I then began my prep work for Christmas dinner. I was supposed to be having mom and dad, Dez and her boyfriend over. We were still hoping that they might let mom out for a few ours for dinner but it didn't happen. Dinner turned out fine just really quiet. Dad was really sad and angry at mom because she continues to smoke. Everyone played cards after dinner while I lied down and rested my back.
Yesterday we had Christmas at Larry's mom's side of the family. I only had coleslaw, green beans with almonds and a cake to prepare. The gathering was nice.
We arrived home last night to a very sad message that just broke my heart. Papa phoned to say that Baba passed away yesterday. I thought that her lungs collapsed because of the fluid build up from the cancer. She was having such a hard time to breathe. She had an aneurism. She said to Lucky that she needed to go to the hospital. He went out to warm up the truck and came back to get her. She only made it out to the steps and she said that she wasn't going to make it and she died right there. She was only 55. I can't believe it. I am still in shock. I will miss her so much in Mexico. Gecko mama, my partner in crime.
They were out in the country at their new retirement home. They will bring her home Friday. She has no children except for Larry and I and my kids. Only one sister how is from Ontario. It is just so sad and Papa is so sick.
Dez left at midnight last night for Calgary on the bus with her boyfriend. She wasn't sure to stay or go. I told her baba would have wanted her to go. Vivian had one of the biggest hearts.

If I am not around much at least you know where I will be. I will either be at the hospital visiting mom or making funeral arrangements for Baba.

Love you all.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #26  

Oh, Dee, I'm so sorry. Take care.

Shelley~yes I started running last summer, 3 times a week. I used the couch to 5k podcasts to get me going. I've never progressed past week 6 (of 9) so I can't yet do 5k--more like 2 miles a day with a short walk before, after and in the middle.

I'm feeling a teeny bit better today. At least my nose isn't running like a faucet. I didn't get a chance to call my Mom yesterday but will call tonight when I get home.

Janice~I'm the same. Although I didn't have much of an appetite, I managed to really blow my diet yesterday. There is always a new day.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #27  
Losing it...again!

My heart and prayers go out to you Dee. Your mom will also be in my prayers. Take care of yourself dear!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #28  
Janice

Dee- my heart goes out to you at such a sad time. Baba was very young, how very sad. You are in my prayers. Hugs.
Allison - glad your cold is getting better. I didn't know you were a runner either, now Shelley will have company.
Suzy - hope you had a good Christmas.
Dee - I loved what you said about what you eat between New Year's and Christmas - makes sense.
Shelley - congratulations on being sugar free - yes I will join you very soon.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #29  

Oh, good. My cold seems better. DH and I went on a 3 mile walk and I ran the last mile home. My legs are a bit stiff, but it felt good.

We're going to go see National Treasure today--it's supposed to be a good movie. I really should take down the Christmas tree, though. I just hate that work!!
Old 12-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #30  

I feel like my heart is broken. Today is Baba's funeral. It would have been their anniversary today.
We did a picture tribute and a power point presentation. It took us at least 30 hours to complete it but it is ok we found it healing.

My mom is still in the hospital. She is holding her own. It has been so stressful with everything going on. I can't believe you can have problems with two mom's at one time.

I have my injection appointment for thrusday morning. I am scared but haven't had much time to think of that.
Larry leaves friday for czeck republic. I hope that I am not in as much pain as last time and can move around a bit more.

Yes it has been av ery stressful christmas. I am at the max. Hope everything will turn around in the new year.

I wish you all a Blessed New Year. You are dear friends.
Closed Thread