Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #34

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #34

Mom2Gaby
12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
:welcome: to Back In Kindergarten thread!

:newyear::snow4::snow4:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss :cofdate:journey!

Mom2Gaby
12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Last few post from the #33 thread! Hope that helps.....

Sue -

Susan- I simply cook a couple chicken breasts with onion and garlic, dice them up, add frozen mixed veggies. Meanwhile cook a large potato and some celery. Throw all that together. Make a gravy from chicken broth. I pre bake the bottom crust until about 1/2 done. Fill it with all the veggies and gravy, add a top crust and bake until nice and brown. Everything should be cooked crisp tender before you throw it together in the crust. I bake at 425 and it takes maybe 25 minutes to brown. Let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes before cutting. You can throw in spices to your taste. You can also omit the potato and add rice, or no starch at all. Play with the veggies that you like and get rid of the ones you detest. LOL... I actually never measure anything when I cook..so I can't say a cup of this or that. Sorry. (now if I bake from a recipe I do measure)
It was very good....

Sassy -

Hey all.

Hope your all well. I had my review at work today, it was ok, getting a raise, nothing to get excited about, but better than nothing. I asked my boss about Christmas Eve & Christmas. Christmas Eve I have to work my normally scheduled shift even though my co-worker who works nights opposite me said she'd work it. So I am having her send him an email stating she can work it. I am off Christmas. So if I have to work Christmas Eve then I may ask for the day after Christmas off, all he can say is no. Oh yeah and he informs me I am working New Years Day, my normally scheduled shift. So nice that I get screwed with the holidays. Guess I am lucky to have Christmas off.

Thats about it. Been really cold here. DH could not get our car started this morning when he got off from work. It was -11 with the windchill. It finally did start, we went ahead and made an appt to get it serviced. Its due for its oil change anyhow.

Hope your all keeping warm.

Mindee -

hello everyone! how are you all doing?

Jules~ I had started a call log once Tommy hung up with her and told me that she will probably be calling on Tuesday. I didn't think to write down the conversations, but I just did. So, I am ready for her to bring it on.....which I am sure that she will. Tommy is thinking that this lady thinks that Tommy is younger then he looks and that she can just bully him/us around. You know how most people that get into accidents, especially accidents with this much magnitude, that they would get out and check the people in the other car to see if they were okay, right? Not this lady, AFTER she hit us, she continued down the turn lane AND then stopped! Not once did she get out of the car to see if we were okay once we pulled into the parking lot.

SuzyQ~ Yup, that is how you write it! She is already a pain in the arse and the accident just happened a couple of days ago!

Sue~ That sounds like it is really good! I just might have to try it!

Sassy~ That stinks about having to work on Christmas Eve, and New Year's Day! But like you said, at least you did get Christmas Day off.

Katy

Good morning!

Well, the sore throat did turn into a yucky cold. I've been a joy to be around, I tell you! Today will be another day of lots of tea and tissues I'm afraid. Fortunately, there isn't much on the agenda. I mucked up some of the Christmas knitting, then decided I was pretty much done with Christmas knitting, lol! I did pretty well.. will be gifting two pairs of socks, a hat, a pair of mittens and some wine cozies. I did not tackle sweaters this year, thank goodness. Since I'm sick and not too active today, I may cast on and get started on some felted clogs---see how far I get.

Mindee - get a lawyer! At least talk to one...many work on a contingency which means they get paid out of a settlement. You should not be talking to this lady, imo...everyone still feeling ok?

Susan- yay for the almost-pound. I maintained for another week. I was down a pound today, but then again I'm sick and not eating as much.

Jules - love your avatar...you have such a pretty smile. I saw your pics over on myspace; looked like you had a pretty great birthday...

Cristina - Hi! Are you out walking 4 miles in the snow? Hope you are having a good day.

Sassy- Congrats on the good review and the raise! I'm glad you got Christmas off. When I worked in retail...I had to work them all at one time or another. In the video business, seems like people wanted to rent movies every day. I think we had Christmas off, but that was it. If I had to choose NY or Xmas, I would take Xmas...

Sue - the pot pie sounds delicious..I'll have to give it a try with some leftovers one night. I think if I go easy on the gravy, DH might eat it. He's not a big fan of sauces or gravies. I cook like you do, I tend to throw things together. Everyone in my family has such specific likes and dislikes, I often have to improvise to get something we'll all eat.

HI to everyone I may have missed...hope everyone has a great day...I'm off to go blow my nose...

Mom2Gaby
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Good Morning -

I am on the run! Just wanted to say good morning.

Sue- I will agree ...the pot pie sounds yummy! I will have to print off and read it more.lol I am a pretty good cook, I think I can figure it out :)

Sassy - Congrats sweetie!!

Mindee - I am with Katy. Don't talk to the lady beyond giving her the insurance info....and Itrust she gave you hers?? hugs :hug::hug:

Katy - Ick, sorry you aren't feeling well. You should take it super easy before the kids start their vacation, after that it will be extra hard when they are in the house. Words of wisedom from a fellow mommy :) What do you think of Little League?? Sign up is 1/1 - a flyer went out yesterday at school. I am going to look into it for Gab.

Cristina.......how is your day going?? Is Josh home already?? I thought you said for New Years?? Hugs to you too!! :)

Michelle and Anita,...come and chat with us!!

Heading to the mall while Gab is in school. I was able to get some good deals on shirts for her the other day so thought I would go back and pick up a few more. They were marked from $28 down to $12, so thought that was a good deal!

chat later!

Mom2Gaby
12-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow, you all. Way too quite here on the site!

I manged to walk my sorry butt 2 miles today! yay me. I made some chicken soup, I didn't count the calories but I am sure not much at all. It is all gone, the girls and I gobbled it up! Maybe tomorrow I will make potato soup.

Going to get my Gaby to bed. Just wanted to check in and say good night!

tommysgirl18
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Tommy got a copy of the police report on Tuesday. NO WHERE on it, does it say that we hit her, like she claimed on the phone Monday night. It doesn’t even say that she hit us, it says that we pulled out in front of her! (Needless to say, she convinced the police officer on the scene that what she said was what happened)

Last time I checked, didn’t the police officer have to ask every one (that can talk) what happened in the case of an accident? If that is the case, which I am sure that it is, then he didn’t do his job! He never asked me what happened, all he asked me was for my information to put into the report since I was in the front seat of the vehicle at the time of the accident. And if he had, then he would have given her the citation instead of Tommy! He even has our insurance company name on the report wrong!! If you look at the drawing that he did on the report, it clearly shows that she was in the wrong and that she hit us!

Katy~ You sound like me! I started with a scratchy throat, and now it is a cold. My voice comes and goes when it pleases, so it is fun when Tommy is at work and I have to yell at the kids! Tommy mentioned talking to a lawyer, so I will bring it up to him again. She hasn’t called since Monday night, but that’s not to say that she won’t call again. Tommy already told me that if she calls again, he isn’t going to talk to her. He is going to let her talk to the voicemail. We are all doing okay. Brandon will still say “mom…..BOOM” every now and then when he sees the pictures of the van or he sees Tommy pull up.

SuzyQ~ She never gave us her insurance information. She gave it to the police officer. She claims that she called our insurance company and they told her that she needed some kind of number, which we don’t have in front of us because of the mistake on the slip. When Tommy called the police station, the officer that answered the phone told him that we did not have to give her the information since it is all on the police report! Which, she lied about! She told Tommy on the phone Monday night that the police report said that he hit her, when the police report doesn’t say that! It states that he pulled out and she “slid” and hit us. The police officer drew a diagram on the police report and from the diagram, you can tell that she hit us! Thanks for the hugs, we really need them! Tommy told me Tuesday night, that he already foresees this being a looooooong road ahead of us with her.

Sassy_Chick
12-19-2007, 03:29 AM
Hey All.

Sooooooo tired. :tired: Only 3 and 1/2 hours to go! lol. I had something really good for lunch lastnight/thismorning whatever. It was a BBQ beef hot pocket, you know like BBQ pulled pork inside a hot pocket? OMG it was so yummy. I know it was bad. but it was sooooo good! lol. I have been drinking H20 all night though, no $$ for pop......So that should balance everything out, right?? lol.

Take Care.

:hug:

FrouFrou
12-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...Josh got home Sunday. His GF picked him up from the airport because we had Jason's Bachelors ceremony to go to at 2. Then they came over for some pizza and cake...of course Josh was so tired they didn't stay for cake. Jason met up with a friend and didn't come home right after, the turd. But it was his day so we excused it this once, lol. That cermony was soooo freakin long and boring! They decided to throw in all the degrees for that day and there were a lot getting their Masters. But yeah, Josh is home until Jan 2nd. Yay for good deals on clothes for Gaby!

WTG on the walk missy, and the loss! :carrot: Good job for sure! :bravo:

JULES...I LOVE your avatar and yes, you have such a pretty smile! I see where Teri & Ryan get their good looks!

SUE...your chicken pot pie sounds good! I made one a while back and it actually turned out good. I found a recipe that used cream of chicken soup but the rest was basically like yours. Sounds like a good dinner one day for sure. I absolutely love chicken pot pie, and turkey and beef as well.

MINDEE...I would definitely get a lawyer and tell the lady that. Looks like you may be in for a lawsuit by her...what a pain. I hope not though but I am not sure that is why she is wanting your info now, just curious why she didn't request it at the time of the accident. You know, it brings back Jason's accident a few years ago and though it was clear that the guy hit Jason, and totaled his car by the way...they said he too pulled out in front of this kid and was ticketed. What happened is he pulled out of a Walgreens parking lot and the entrance/exit is close to a light...this kid came around the corner fast and Jason said he even sped up once he turned and ran right into Jason. But yeah, Jason was out a car because it was an older car and he just had what he needed for insurance which is basically to cover other people...so yeah, it totally sucked.

HIYA SASSY...-11, YIKES! And I thought it was cold here! YAY for the raise and getting off for Christmas! :cp:

KATY...sorry you are sick again. Hope it;s not too bad and you are better in time for Christmas! :hug:

I just got back from the doc. Had to have a lesion/mole cut off...well, I didn't have to but I didn't like it and it was growing so...now I have three stitches and it is throbbing! It's on my forehead by the hairline so no problem and I wear bangs so. I would rather have a tiny scar than that thing that was growing.

Exercise is good, eating...not so good. Me, V & DD went out to dinner Monday, and are going out tonight as well. Going to meet Josh and his GF for dinner at my fav-Olive Garden. Of course not counting the pizza and cake on sunday...it's a miracle I didn't gain more. I gained almost a pound, which I was disappointed but...with the way I have been eating it's very understandable-duh. I do plan on getting back on track tomorrow and for sure the day after Christmas. What's going to be hard is V will be home for 2 weeks starting Friday. We tend to run around a lot which means eating out, ugh...will just have to make better choices.

I ordered the Turbo Jam Maximum results package a few days ago...a Christmas present to myself and am very excited about getting that. Just received an e-mail and it was shipped yesterday yay! I never in my life thought I would ever be excited about exercising, but I am!

So...is everyone ready for Christmas? For once I am. Josh and his GF and kids are coming over and spending most of the day so I am happy about that.

Anyway...have a good day ladies!

FrouFrou
12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Has anyone noticed the 5 stars, again? I mean...we all are stars of course, but what's with the stars-really? Seems very elementary, but then again we are Back In Kindergarten :rofl: :rofl: Okay, was just wondering if anyone else noticed that. :D Off to exercise...

Have a GREAT day stars!

Mom2Gaby
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Good Morning!

On the fly.

Cristina - When you were saying Bachelor ceremony I was thinking he was getting married. Why were you (the mother) going to a bachelor party. Duh! So, it is like a school thing, right? lol Good to have you back, missed you! Yay.....on Olive Garden....we can hope it will become the GF's fave place too! Forget that counrty Italian stuff - lol :D

Mindee- The car accident is way stressful, I feel stress just in reading it. lol I guess my advice is to work close with your own insurance company. Certainly they will help you work through everything. They are the last ones that want to have a big settlement on damages and such.

Sassy- hmmm, sounds yummy! I love shredded beef. We are bad....:D...water will balance you!! That sounds right. lol

Yikes..........better get. Rach is home, she refused to go to school and said she needed a break from her mother and father. I said *boo hoo*.....anyway - the anxiety with her is too much. I take everything to heart.

ta ta....

FrouFrou
12-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Hello Susan...back for a few minutes while I take a break in between working out. Ha, don't want it to be the GF favortie place...besides she already voiced her opinion of OG...whatever! Yeah, Jason got his Bachelors Degree in Business and Spanish...I couldn't handle any kind of wedding right now, ugh! Anywho...better get back to walking in a few minutes...gotta jump in the shower by 2:30 and try to not get my stitches wet...strict orders from the doc...don't shower for at least 24 hours, yeah right, lol. I'll figure out some way of not getting the stitches wet.

Good day ladies!

jules1216
12-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Has anyone noticed the 5 stars, again? I mean...we all are stars of course, but what's with the stars-really? Seems very elementary, but then again we are Back In Kindergarten :rofl: :rofl: Okay, was just wondering if anyone else noticed that. :D Off to exercise...

Have a GREAT day stars!

Cause we are SPECIAL!!!;)

jules1216
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Mindee--hugs to you--is the lady still bothering you? Have you talked to your insurance company and told them your side of what happenned? Is there anything they think they can do to help??I hope it all works out ok!!

Cristina--they are putting an OG in at the mall in the town I work and the kids live. Was hoping to get my birthday dinner there, but it's not going to open to mid jan....sigh.....

SuzyQ--hugs to you missy--teenagers...do we gotta love them?????

Sue--your chicken potpie doe sound good. My dad used to make a really good slipperry pot pie...i should get the recipie...

Katy--I am still listenning to the songs they downloaded for me...We all go to lunch on Friday for Mom's 75th.

Sassy--hugs to you sleepyhead!!

Sassy_Chick
12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi all. :wave:

Well I feel mucho better today! :D I got my sleep that I so desperately needed and I have my friend Caffine here today. ;) lol.

I am getting excited, even though I am not off on Christmas Eve (so far anyways) I plan on enjoying Christmas the best I can. No since being a "Gloomy Gus or in my case a "Sad Sassy" for things beyond my control. May as well make the best out of it.

Suzy Q - Well tonight I have my pop back. But one pop can last me all night long -- that is 13 hours while I work, so not too bad I guess!! lol. Oh the joys of being a teenager again. lol. Big :hug:

Cristina -- Yeah it was cold here. :brr: Today though it was in the 40's or something. I had DH get some plastic for the big drafty living room window and boy has it made a difference!! Its been warm as toast in the apt now without any heat!! :cp: Glad your got your mole/lesion cut off. Those things are nothing to mess with that is for sure.

Your not alone in the eating dept. lol. Tonight was "Pizza Night" here at work. I paid back my co-worker for buying pizza last week, which I only had 3 pieces of and probably will only have that many tonight!! lol. What is the Turbo Jam? Never heard of it. I hope you get the results you want from it!!!

We got stars because we are ALL stars!! :D lol. :cool:

Mindee -- When I had my accident, I got screwed in the deal. The other guy's insurance adjustor came to my house and offered me a settlement and I took it like a dummy because I was well young and stupid. So definitely let your insurance agent do the work or contact a lawyer. Better to be safe than sorry!! :hug:

Hey Jules -- Get some rest hon and take care of yourself -- pretty soon your gonna be busy being a new Grandma! :D

I hope you all are doing well!!!

tommysgirl18
12-20-2007, 01:06 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, we haven't gotten any more calls from the lady. So, hopefully Monday night was the last that we have heard from her. I posted what happened on another board, and one of the girls told me that the police officer was suppose to ask me what happened since I was in the vehicle, and she told me to call the police department to make sure. If what she said is true, then this just might, I hope it will, get all switched over onto her since it was her fault to begin with!

Well, the boys seems to have caught what I still have. They have been blowing snot bubbles at me since they got up at 5:30 Wednesday morning! Marissa started with it on Wednesday night. I have to get some infant tylenol for her, but the boys have been on medicine since Wednesday morning. I also think that Marissa is finally going to be cutting some teeth! She just woke up crying, so I thought it was because the music stopped playing on the DVD player. Nope, it wasn't that! So, I put some Oragel on her gums and put her pacifier in her mouth and she is quiet and falling asleep again! I also made some peanut butter cookies. I am going to be making some chocolate chip and sugar cookies within the next couple of days for the kids' godparents.

Sassy~ I love the pepperoni pizza hot pockets. But haven't had them in a long time. YAY on the raise!

Cristina~ That sounds like us! We still haven't heard any thing more from the lady, and we hope that we don't! I forgot to mention to Tommy about consulting a lawyer, as far as what we should do.

We are as ready as we can be for Christmas! We just have to pick up some blank cd's to put pictures of the kids on for the godparents...unless we just get them ornaments like we had thought about doing. But more then likely it will probably cd's with the kids' pictures on them.

SuzyQ~ It is extremely stressful! I was surprised to see that AF graced me with her presences! But I figured that she didn't want me to have the added stress of wondering if we were adding another little one to the family. We are keeping in touch with our insurance agency closely.

Jules~ How is Teri doing? Has that little man made his appearance yet? Nope, she hasn't called since Monday night. I am leaving the insurance company up to Tommy since it is in his name. He just went into the office on Tuesday night, and I am not sure how that went. Good, from what I gather.

Sassy~ Tommy has said that he thinks the lady thinks that he (well, us) is younger then she thinks he is. She has another thing coming if she takes us to court. I will make sure that we have a sitter that day so I will be there. Although, I don't really see her taking us to court since she didn't get a ticket or anything out of the deal. HAD she have gotten the ticket instead of Tommy, like she should have, then I am sure that she would make a court date for us and her. But honestly, and this could be wishful thinking, I really don't see her taking us to court. (if she does though, we have a folder going already of every thing that we need, minus the pictures but that won't take that long to get them done!)

FrouFrou
12-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Hello ladies...

MINDEE...sorry you and the kiddoes are sick...I remember all too well the snot bubbles, ick! Lol Glad the lady isn't bothering you anymore.

JULES...I LOVE Olive Garden! We don't go often so it's aways a treat and tastes even better. It was good last night too and we had a nice time. Getting closer to being a grandma!

SUSAN...like Jules said...do we have to love them?! Lol Of course we do, maybe...It will get better although, there will be different stresses, for me anyway.

SASSY...glad you are feeling chipper! I love pizza but for some reason never cared for the hot pockets...of course there's a lot of the frozen foods I am not a fan of. Too many calories and fat. Trubo jam is exercise...a bunch of dvd's to work out to. Even bought me a jump rope this morning. I had one but can't find it. IT's good exercise too!

Hiya KATY, SUE, KATHY :wave:

And yes Jules we ARE SPECIAL ladies for sure! :hug:

Nothing much going on today. I did a workout before heading out to Wal-Mart to do my grocery shopping. I think I got everything needed for Christmas dinner. If not V can go to the store Monday, that's when we have our dinner. Plus Josh's GF will go to her mothers on Christmas day so it works out perfect. They don't have to have two dinners in one day. Anyway, gotta get some laundry done and call the vet. Going to see if I can get some doggy sedatives or something for Ernie dog Monday...seems mean but I would rather him be lazy/sleepy than locking him up in a room for a day to bark. He will bark the whole time. So going to see if I can get something to calm him down, nervous little dog.

Take care ladies and have a great day!

jules1216
12-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I went back to several Hallmark stores but they were all out of the "new parent" champagne bucket & blocks ornament. I should have bought when I first saw it. I am happy with another one that I bought though. It's a "special delivery" on that is a stork carrying a little blue bundle with the 2007 tag on it. I got Teri & Dave an "our first Christmas" together. If the baby is born on or before the 25th I will go back and get a "baby's first christmas".

I only have a little more to finish up and be done. I am so glad. I am kinda bummed that I don't have the money to spend on Christmas like I usually do.

We are taking my mom out to eat tomorrow for lunch. She'll be 75. It's so hard to believe. She volunteers and is on a bowling league and doing really great.

Sassy_Chick
12-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi all.

Just a hello to all and hope your all well. :wave:

tommysgirl18
12-21-2007, 01:02 AM

nothing new on this end. Tommy has a half day of work on Friday, and then we will be off and running doing some errands that need to get done before Saturday. then it will be back home to relax and to put the picture disks together for the godparents.

my mom sent us a check for the kids for Christmas to spend it on them. so we will more then likely either get the things Friday or wait until Sunday. we are going to be getting the grandparents presents done while we are out on Friday. we are doing banners with their picture on them. We did one last year for Tommy's parents that has the boys on it and it said "double trouble" on the top and bottom of it. I will take a picture of them when we get them. (I am hoping that the lady can get them done quickly for us)

Mom2Gaby
12-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Good Morning -

I think I can manage a hello. My anxiety is extremely high these days and my energy is a low. I was thinking of going in and getting the iron level checked. Having my employment end on the 31st is sad to me and I cry. I know it has been coming but it still upsets me. So, that is my *itch.

Hope your little chickies are feeling better Mindee :)

Jules - maybe I will check a Hallmark store here for you??

Cristina -- yum, Olive Garden (hey!! I AM trying to do indi's!! - lol)

Sassy - How are you?? Love the kitty avatar. :)

Katy - Did you read about the acidental shooting of the wife by the husband last Sunday? I guess a service is at your church. The parents of the husband are my ex's landlords. She was a very sweet lady, she always let Gab pet her dog. Very sad.

ok...........is everyone cheered up now??? lol

adios.....off I go.......

FrouFrou
12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeppers Susan, you cheered me up for sure, lol! For some reason I am feeling run down, really sleepy. Sorry for all the anxiety and stress in your life right now. Lots of hugs to you missy :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jules...the ornaments sound cute! I went to get Josh and & GF one too and they were gone! Half the ornaments were gone. There were still some left but nothing that fit. Hope you and your mom enjoy your lunch date today, and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her! :hb:

Sassy...hello and good-bye :D Hoping all is well with you.

Mindee...what kind of banner? Just curious, for some reason I am thinking flag like banner, lol. Be careful out there this weekend...it will be crazy! I had some errands to run this morning and man the street that is about 1/4 of a mile from the mall was backed up...there was either a bad wreck or they were all going to the mall. I am thinking mall because it has been backed up anywhere near there for days!

My errand was to the doggy store to pick up Ernie dog some medicine and a little treat for Christmas, and to the recycling place. I thought I would try the pet store to see if they had something to calm him down rather than go to the vet. Found some liquid stuff...I told DD what is this, like doggy benadryl? Seems silly all the stuff they have for pets...there's a whole aisle with doggy clothes, lol. Loved the Harley Davidson biker stuff...so cute! :lol:

No exercise today yet. I am going to attempt a dvd later and do 45 mns. I don't want to over exert myself because I am afraid my back will go out. So taking it sort of easy. I am changing my WI day to Saturday too...mainly for the Biggest Loser Challenge thread that starts in January. I need a challenge, something to keep me motivated. I feel myself falling into the same old routine...lose some weight, feel great and then start gaining...not gonna happen this time. I won't allow it. With the holidays it definitely has been a challenge for me. Of course it doesn't help eating out. But I did something I haven't done before...when we went to Olive Garden...I asked for a container right off the bat and cut my food in half. Brought it home for someone else to eat. Anyone but me! I ususally just try to not eat everything and for the most part it has worked but sometimes I feel like I am wasting the food and money so will try to eat it all, then leave feeling like a big pig. So...tried something out of the norm for me. I know I will indulge for Christmas dinner, especially with the sweets but I will be getting back on track the day after so...anyway....that's about all I have.

Have a good one ladies :hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi All :wave: --- Hope your all Doing well.

Adding on here -- I got BIG news here. BIG BIG NEWS. If your not sitting down, you better do it now. R U sitting? Ok, go get your drink, but HURRY IT UP! lol. K, got it? Sitting now? Comfy?? lol

I just now found out that my boss approved me off for not just Christmas, but Christmas Eve too!!! :yikes: Can U freaking believe it? and he just approved it TODAY! :rolleyes: lol. Now I talked to DH about it and we both agree that I am just going to go ahead and work my normal hours on Monday, because I will get paid double time and a half + holiday pay for working on Christmas Morning. (From Midnight - 7 am) And right now we can truly use the $$. So I'm working Christmas Eve and just taking off Christmas. I know after I have complained and B@!$ed about it, it just comes down to the $$. Plus this way I won't have to use any of my personal time. Because I get paid for Christmas Day (at night), whether I work or not. But hmmmmmm just thought of something, guess I do have to use 7 hours of time for Wed. Morning.........Its confusing I know. But with my shift, it runs into the next day, 7 hours at least. Oh well better only to have to use 7 hrs than to have to use 21 hrs. (14 hrs on Monday + 7 hrs on Tuesday would be 21) Oh well............lol. Sorry don't mean to confuse anybody here. It is confusing unless you work it every week, then you understand it. lol. I work 5 PM - 7 AM on Mondays and 6 PM - 7 AM on Tues & Wed. So there you have it.

Also DH had an interview today. He applied for a Supervisor Job and we are 90% sure he got, because the hiring manager called our boss at home asking about DH and about when our boss could let DH go. But we don't want to get our hopes up. So keep your :crossed:

Ok that is all, just had to share. You can go back to drinking your Rum or whatever it is now. lol. If you don't have Rum, you might want to go get some now after reading about my hours I work. lol.

FrouFrou
12-22-2007, 12:46 AM
SASSY...I am so happy for you and DH! :yay::yay: Even though you won't take Christmas Eve off, lol. And keeping my fingers crossed for DH getting the job. :crossed: Okay, now I can get back to my rum ;)

Just dropping by to say Hi. Hoping all is well with everyone.

Supposed to snow again tomorrow...maybe get 1-5 inches of the icky stuff. Have to go to Sams in the morning to get water and a couple other things, hoping it's not too bad.

Chat tomorrow, nighty, night ladies.

tommysgirl18
12-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, we got some good news on Friday! I am sure that I had posted about our bank issues. Well, Tommy had gone to the bank on Friday to deposit a check, where he talked to the gentlemen that took his claim about the card being used without his permission. The guy told him that the guy investigated the claim had told him to tell Tommy that who ever used the number, had punched it in. Tommy said “that definitely wasn’t me because I ALWAYS swipe the card, and then I ALWAYS get a receipt when I use it.” The gentlemen said “that is what I thought you had told me. But I was told to tell you the next time I saw you that that is what they have found out so far, but they are also still investigating it.” So, it is really nice to know that about our bank! Especially now when we live pay check to pay check and every penny is needed!

I really should be working on the godparents’ gifts….but alas I will get to it eventually! I know I can’t procrastinate for too long since I have to get them done before they all come over.

Susan~ They are feeling better! They are no longer blowing snot bubbles at me, so that is a step in the right direction!

I am going to make this a quick trip for right now so I can get the gifts done.

Cristina~ To answer your question, it isn't a flag banner. It is more like a team banner that you would see around a school or for a winning sports team. We took the picture to the lady on Friday, and she got swamped so Tommy is going to pick them up on Saturday while I am here with the kids pulling my hair out and trying to get everything ready! I will have to take a picture of them to show it off.

FrouFrou
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Just dropping by to say HI! And BYE! :wave:

Really nothing to say...went to Sams, came home, did my exercise before leaving, blah, blah, blah...stuff no one wants to hear about.

Have a Merry Christmas ladies!

Sassy_Chick
12-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi All

The first day of winter and it is 55 here! lol. I have the window open!! lol.:beach:
Haven't yet heard back from my boss yet about if its ok to work on Xmas Eve yet or not, I'm sure it is, but I'm not going in unless he says its okay cuz he is a bit stingy on overtime or anything like that and this won't be overtime, but it will be double time & half for me, for 7 hrs at least, so just wanna be sure. lol.

So no news here. Sorry to be so boring, but nothing. lol.

jules1216
12-22-2007, 08:46 PM
No baby yet, Teri is actually working tonight and tomorrow!!

Lily's mom had her baby today. SHE was suppossed top be one of her two half BROTHERS born this Christmas!! Yes, they were told they were having a girl but Lily is going to have a baby brother and a baby sister. OOPPS!! Ther is no doubt in our minds that Dominick is a boy since he was very proud of his member and made sure we all saw it.

Sassy: It suppossed to be in the 50's here tomorrow and then in the 40's over Christmas--I guess no snow for us. We may leave a little early tomorrow. We are not sure yet. We will be picking up Ryan to spend Christmas Eve here. Teri & Dave & my mom will come over for lunch on Christmas Day.

Cristina--I went to the Hallmark shop at the mall closer to where I live and they had less selection left than the one near where I work. I did pick up a little one for Lily. SHe likes kittens and it's called "Mischevious Kittens"

Mindee--hope everything works out with the bankcard problem.

Susan--wow, what's with all the spousal killings. A guy stabbed his ex and stuffed her in a closet and killed a local well loved town 25 year old cop near where I work, a lady shot her ex when he came after her after she moved to near where I live both these women had restraining orders on their exes. Two very different endings. Oh and the missing college girl from Hintington WV that was on one of Michelles postings on Myspace was found dead in the crawlspace at the apartment she lived. So sad for all these families. I am right with you on the anxiety levels and I haven't been sleeping well at all.

Katy & SUe--hi to both of you.

Well, here's hoping little Nick makes his arrival SOON!!

tommysgirl18
12-23-2007, 02:15 AM
hello ladies....how is every one doing?

I am trying to get through my email quickly and off to bed. I didn't end up going to bed until 8:30 Saturday morning. I was working on the picture cd's for the godparents, and then Brandon woke up. We had a great time with two sets of the godparents......the other one didn't come over because she was "sick." that is the one that I have posted about having issues with.

I am uploading a picture right now of the banner that we got done for my parents and Tommy's parents. So, I will post a picture (hopefully) of it as my avatar! It turned out really cute!!!

Marissa started to shake her head no tonight while her godparents were over. It is really cute when she does it!

I am trying to delete some pictures off the memory card for the camera that have already been downloaded. I didn't realize that we have had over 300 pictures on it since Marissa was born. I have been trying to hold onto it and then buying another one, but for now since money is tight, I will just put the pictures onto a disk at another time.

Sassy~ I hope your boss lets you work on Monday. Tommy is off, but the guys here at the complex have to work until 2pm. Which I am sure sucks, but hey, the pay is nice!

Jules~ I can't wait to hear when Dominick is born! Is Teri having any more contractions?

RosieKate
12-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA, just been real busy with all the holiday hoop-la.....
I finished the last bits of shopping yesterday, so today I'll make sure it's all wrapped up.

Other than that, not much new to report. DH and I have resolved to at least get a walk in every day for some exercise. We both are finding it hard to get all our food written down, though we are both staying OP pretty well so far.

Well, my hands are hurting from all the knitting. Good news is, all the knitted presents are done. I'm gong to need to take a break from typing and knitting today and let the hands rest, so I'll come back later for individuals.

Merry Christmas everyone!

tommysgirl18
12-23-2007, 05:33 PM

nothing new on this end.....we just stayed home all day today. it is really windy out so we just said screw it and stayed home.

Katy~ I am sure that you are glad that all the knitting is done! I have never knitted before but I have done cross-stitching. I find it is a great way to relieve some stress or to just take some me time. I also like to do paint by numbers, but haven't done any in a long time. How are your hands feeling now?

Sassy_Chick
12-23-2007, 07:10 PM
:present::hohoho::santa::gift2:Merry Christmas Chicks!!!:tree::snowglo::ginger::candy:

http://www.wishafriend.com/graphics/images/christmas12.gif (http://www.wishafriend.com/graphics/)

Christmas :hug:

jules1216
12-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi all on the Eve of Christmas Eve.

Teri worked again today, no sign of little Dominick being ready. She's finishing up her Christmas shopping tonight with one of her girlfriends. I had to rescue her this morning. She went to Walmart and locked her keys in her trunk so I had to drive the 1/2 hour with her spare key. We were going to go to the mall but there wasn't enough time to go before she went to work, but it is open until midnight so she's there now.

Ry and I went for a few hours, he has a Christmas party with his coworkers tonight and then off to a party with his friend that was in Iraq. He is going to leave again before the New Year and be stationed in Washington state.

(Quick question for you Oregon girls--is calling the state of Washington "Washington state" an eastcoaster thing since we are so close to Washington DC if we don't people assume we are talking about the capitol? -- just wondering...)

Hubby was being a big grump but seems to have calmed down a little this evening.

Well, I off to do a couple of things before bedtime. I am working in the morning. We might leave before the end of the day at 6 though since everything is closed by then.

tommysgirl18
12-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Jules~ That is good about the mall being open late. I just hope she doesn't go into labor while at the mall.

Sassy~ I love your Rudolph Rocks thing in your siggy!

RosieKate
12-24-2007, 03:38 PM
:hohoho::hohoho::hohoho: Merry Christmas!

I am enjoying a few hours of quiet before our festivities begin. I'm still battling this sinus cold I've had for the last week, so that has not been fun. We are off to church at 3 pm, then to the IL's for dinner and presents. Tomorrow should be laid back. Just us and hopefully my MIL, if she's feeling better. She was to fly to St. Louis to be with SIL's family, but she came down with bronchitis and had to cancel. As of yesterday she had improved but was still feeling poorly. We are hoping she'll be up to coming over here tomorrow. 26th we are off to Eugene to visit my brother.... Christmas tends to last for a week around here, lol!

Jules - sometimes even over here we do have distinguish between WA state and Wa D.C...just depends on the conversation. Same with Vancouver. Most of the time people mean Vancouver, WA, but sometimes it could mean B.C. Hope Teri has little Nick soon...bet she's ready!

Mindee - that banner is cute...bet they love it!

Sassy - hope you are getting your OT today....

Susan- Merry Christmas to you and your girls; hope you are doing well.

Cristina - did you get your White Christmas? Nuthin but rain rain rain around here. Today is not so bad, but all the little forecast pictures in the paper have little rain clouds on them. Typical Oregon winter.

Well, I'm off for a rest...Merry Christmas to you all!

tommysgirl18
12-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Katy~ Have fun out and about!

We are not sure if we are going to go anywhere tonight since we are all sick. we were going to go over to Tommy's aunt and uncle's house.....but since Tommy's cousin's son has to go in for Chemo on Wednesday he can't be around anybody who is sick. So, more then likely we will error on the side of caution and just stay home.

Sassy_Chick
12-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey all......Happy Christmas Eve........

Well I'm at work....Yippee.........I wanted to back out of it, but my boss made it so I couldn't......:p Oh well just got to think of all that $$ I'll be making after midnight..........lol.

Hope your all well.

Mom2Gaby
12-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Just a fast Merry Christmas!!

I am headed out to spend some time at my mothers w/ the girls. M will pick up Gab, she is soo tired, poor thing.

Thought I saw your hubby this morning walking by JCC , Katy?? It looked like him anyway.

anyway - met McDreamy last night! He is the man that lives a street over, we have exchanged emails for 3 weeks. He was very sweet and we had a fun time. He held my hand at Blockbuster and let me pick out Hairspray to watch....hmm, he is a great kisser.

haha......gads. anyway, we are getting together this next weekend for dinner. He is cooking, and he bakes too, he sent me home with peanut butter cookies that he had made. ......

better get!!

jules1216
12-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!!

I thought I would pop on real quick before I start cooking today!! Ry spent the night here with us. Teri and Dave spent the night at his parents, they had his daughter last night for Christmas Eve and they are going to his grandma's first and then here and then to his aunts. My Mom and maybe my brother will be here too.

jules1216
12-25-2007, 07:55 AM
SuzyQ-good luck with your McDreamy!!

jules1216
12-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Wow, nobody has posted all day. My house is finally empty except hubby & the dogs and I am wishing that I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. It was a really great day!! No signs of baby yet.

my step sister was really into horoscopes and would always buy one of those little scrolls you see in the grocery store checkout. The day she had her son it mentioned something about a new person coming into her life. On a whim before Thanksgiving I bought one for Teri. It does mention something exciting happenning on the 27th. We will see....

Mom2Gaby
12-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I am here Jules!!

I will be going to the coast until Friday with the girls. My former step son has rentals down there and lets family use them.

I am ready to get serious about this weight!! ODing on fudge and all the goodies of the season. Ready to get back on track now.

MCDreamy.....*sigh. lol He is sweet and so smart, he has his masters in science. He loves to write and sends me these long emails. Anyway, going to make him miss me while I am gone and not tell him I have a cell phone - lol

k - chickies......chat on Friday!

tommysgirl18
12-26-2007, 01:50 AM

I took a ton of pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that it isn't even funny! I am in the process now of uploading them onto myspace.....but it is taking a while to get them on there!

the kids had a great Christmas! they got some really cute things! Tommy's aunt and uncle got all three of them a tent and a tunnel to play in from Ikea. Another set of tommy's aunt and uncle's got the boys their own RC Silverados and got Marissa a little Chinese outfit. (it is really cute, I think she is going to wear it on New Year's Eve)

other then that....nothing really new! we are meeting my dad on Wednesday afternoon to pick up my sister and then probably walking around the mall for a little bit. besides that, we aren't really doing much, just gearing up now to host New Year's Eve.

Sassy_Chick
12-26-2007, 05:15 AM
Hi All. :wave:

Well I Christmas was good. Dinner was good and my inlaws got me way too much stuff. I felt totally stupid giving my mil a stupid candle. lol. I know its not all about $$ but still made me feel bad. :(

But I guess we're sorta giving her a present today, DH is taking her and FIL to the dr and doing shopping for them since they are unable to drive right now. Not much, but it helps, even though DH is a big huge Grump.......lol

Well that is about it. Back to work tonight..........then my normal 4 nights off.......I was thinking about emailling my boss asking him if I could possibly get off an hour early tomorrow, but not sure if I should.....its only an hour, but they say that right around the normal time I get off sleet is supposed to start, so if I could leave early, avoid the morning hr rush, etc........I guess all he could tell me is no or just totally ignore me. lol.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

tommysgirl18
12-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Sassy~ How is the weather by you? Did the sleet start? (or is that tomorrow, as in Thursday morning?)

nothing new on this end.....just checking my email and putzing around online while waiting to go pick up my sister and do a little bit of shopping with her!

Sassy_Chick
12-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi All.....

Glad you all had a Great Christmas.......Only 6 1/2 more hours for me to go! :woohoo: My boss called, said I could leave an hour early in the AM. :) Which is good news. ;)

Oh DH heard about the supervisor job -- he didn't get it. He is kinda bummed about it of course, but like I told him, maybe he is meant to get something better........I know that doesn't help any, but you never know.

Mindee -- nope the sleet hasn't started yet, supposed to start in the AM.....I am in Ohio.

That is about all from my end, at least for now.

Take Care Everybody!

tommysgirl18
12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Sassy~ You are close to me....I am in MI. We were in Ohio back in July for two weekends in a row.

FrouFrou
12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry for being MIA for so long...was busy and then came down with something. Not sure what, but still feeling ill. Christmas sucked, sort of. It was nice in that we were together, a nice quiet day at home but I was sick and slept most of the day and night, the other half was spent in the bathroom throwing up, yuck! Talked with the doc on Wednesday when I had the stitches removed and she just thinks it is a virus...a stupid virus that won't go away. Anyway, if I am still feeling bad tomorrow going to call her, can't deal with this. To top it off, another storm is headed our way with another 2-6 inches of the horrible stuff again!

KATY...we did have a white Christmas...stuff is still hanging around. And we are supposed to get more tonight. Hope you guys are enjoying your week long Christmas :)

MINDEE...finally checked my myspace today and saw the pictures, they are so cute! Loved your wedding ones too! Almost forgot to say...love your avatar...the banner is cute! And a great gift idea!

JULES...still no little Dominick eh? Ahh, he'll make his grand appearance soon enough. Maybe he has decided he wanted to be a New Years Baby instead of Christmas, lol.

SASSY...I know you felt bad but you know...it really is the thought that counts. And I bet your MIL was just happy to have you guys there for Christmas.

SUSAN...hope you enjoy your time at the coast...wishing I was there with you! Glad the date with Mcdreamy went well. Peanut butter cookies eh? I am sick of them by now, lol! V is eating the last of them thank goodness. WOnder if maybe I od'ed on all the sugar, lol. Probably some weird sugar virus I have :lol:

Glad everyone had a nice Christmas :hug: I am glad that we do our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve otherwise there would not have been a dinner this year. Our Christmas Eve was nice...it was nice to have Josh and his girlfriend here trying to get them over for New Years Day with the promise of Josh's favorite chicken enchiladas. He's leaving the 2nd so I gotta see hime before he goes! I must I tell ya, I must!!! :lol: Trying to keep a sense of humor with this whatever the heck it is I have...just wish it would go away already.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! :wave: :hug:

jules1216
12-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I am sorry to say there is no baby news yet....I am as anxious as everyone here. Poor Teri is starting to swell a little. She actually worked 6 pm - 10 pm Wednesday night and started getting some contractions that faded away to be nothing. We have a doctors appt Friday morning so I am hoping she will have news that she can head on over to the hospital or be induced this weekend.

tommysgirl18
12-27-2007, 06:07 PM
cristina~ thanks for the nice comments! I tried to post the pictures that my dad put on a disc for us but for some reason they wouldn't show up on myspace.

jules~ if she is starting to swell, hopefully the doctor will induce her. I started to swell with Brandon and they immediately set me up for an u/s to find out how big he was and then from there either called me with a date for a c-section or inducement.

Sassy_Chick
12-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Ladies.........

Nothing much going on here. Just relaxing. I slept like the dead today.....lol. Guess I was really tired. lol.

To Everybody: Thanks for your support for DH, but I know he'll be just fine and he is meant for something better. ;) Glad you all had a great holiday, except for poor Cristina -- hope you feel better! The flu is going around work like wild fire!! My MIL did love the candle, as it was her favorite and I know she enjoyed just having us there, but still felt bad. lol. Mindee -- What part of MI are you in? We're in South Western OH, about 3 hrs or so away from Ann Arbor, the city I saw closest to OH on the map. ;) We want to take a trip up there someday. :) Jules -- Maybe you'll have a New Years Grand Baby! :D Hi Suzy Q, Katy, Michelle and anybody else out there I may have forgotten! :wave: I wish you all a Very Happy New Year and hope that all your dreams come true. :)

FrouFrou
12-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Hello ladies...

Sassy...thanks, feeling better today, much better. But still a little dizzy, sick to my stomach sort of feeling. DD laughed and said "Wouldn't it be funny if you were pregnant?" Ummm, no! Just thinking it is a flu bug or virus of some sort. I know you still felt bad, but you shouldn't missy :hug:

Mindee...yw, the pictures were nice, all of them. I forgot that you had such a big family. Is your family still involved with MACS?

Hi everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Had some more of that icky white stuff. So tired of it already. I want some sun! Anyway...it's a cold one today and I am cooking a pot of chili, just sounded good. I've been eating my fare share of soup...kind of forgot how good it tasted. Anywho...have a good one ladies!

jules1216
12-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Before individuals--baby news from the visit today. If little Nick doesn't arrive by Friday the 4th, she will be induced. They did something called stripping the membranes today. She's 3-4 cm dialated but not effaced yet. She's hoping for this weekend. She's not feeling well so they didn't go get Lily today. We did find out she's been having contractions but she said they didn't hurt so she didn't think they were. The midwife told her all that tightening she felt were indeed contractions.

Mindee--I thought that they would sent her for an ultrasound in their office but they didn't.

Sassy-everyone keeps saying maybe she will have the first baby born in 08 but she wants him by the end of 07!!

Cristina-It's rainy here. It's too warm for snow. TY for the pic comments!!

Mom2Gaby
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Jules - I can't imagine Teri going til the 4th with the stripping of the membranes being done. I had that done with one of the girls (don't remember which one......lol) I don't think I lasted but a day after that.

hmmm, maybe I am remembering that all wrong?? I know I was stretched....ewww. ok whatever.......lol

You feeling better Cristina? I don't mind the snow falling but I don't like it staying on the ground for long. It needs to melt -lol
Good you are resting Sassy! Sorry about the job thing with your hubby, but I agree with the others, something better will come along!
Mindee - How big is your family? You have pictures up on myspace?? I will go check it out. Happy to hear you all had a nice Christmas!
Sue - Where are you??
Katy - Sweetie, put your knitting down and come chat with us! lol Dying to know if that was your husband the other day walking by JCC???

I took my tree down today. Thank goodness, I am ready to get back to normal. Whatever that means......certainly doesn't mean a tree in my living room. haha.

Weighed and I have an awesome weight gain. Oops, wrong way. So, "lets get serious time"! I get paid Monday and will go buy me some New Balance walking shoes and start using them. I really want to be 150 by my birthday in March.

The beach was nice but we were all sick. I had a terrible head cold, so we came back early. Have been taking Benadryl and that is helping, knocks me out though. I just want to sleep. Course Gab has other ideas. haha

Anyway exciting plans for the New Years??? I guess McDreamy is cooking a dinner. I think I would rather go out for dinner and a movie. Seems kind of weird we are alone in his apt. lol ......course he said his 19 year old son would be there with his gf.

k- whatever.......chow for now!

FrouFrou
12-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Just a quick HI...promise to spend more time on individuals tomorrow. V is doing things around the house and I just have a little more Christmas stuff to get put up so plenty of computer time to be had.

Hugs to you ladies!

tommysgirl18
12-29-2007, 01:28 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out at the house. we are gearing up for New Year's Eve here at our place. the kids are gearing up for it as well.....Brandon has been enjoying time with my sister here, so has Logan and Marissa. Brandon has been following her around all over the place. He actually wore underwear on Friday and kept them dry. He spent maybe a couple of hours in a diaper and that was it.

Sassy~ Right now, we are in New Baltimore. Which is about an hour or 45 minutes from Detroit. My sister lives in Brighton, which isn't that far from Ann Arbor.

Cristina~ Yup, we have the huge family! The pictures on there that say "us and my side" are not of my full side. My parents had gotten a sitter for some of the other kids. I am pretty sure that they are all still a part of MACS. We are having chili for dinner on Saturday night.

Jules~ If she is 3-4cm now, and they striped her membranes.....she might go quickly. Has she been doing a lot of walking? I used to walk all over the place when I was trying to go into labor with Brandon.

SuzyQ~ I am the baby of my parents five biological daughters. (yes they had five girls) Then went on to adopt 13 kids after me. They adopted the kids that were deemed "societies throwaways" basically the kids that nobody would want. How are things with you and McDreamy?

Sassy_Chick
12-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Hey all.

Have ever felt like just everything in the world keeps going wrong for you? I have been feeling that way all day/night/morning. Just different things going on. I know its probably just a coincidence, but just feels like there is almost an evil person watching me pushing a button over and over again for bad things to happen. lol. :dizzy:

Anywho, thanks, thanks, thanks for all the well wishes again for DH. We will be fine, no worries, we are fine and yes, I know there will be better things coming, so its okay........we're okay, really. You all are truly awesome, but just letting you know, we're okay. :) Thank You All :hug:

Well thanks for listening. You all are truly awesome people. You all are doing terrific and I wish you all the best in 2008!!!! I hope its all you want and more!!!! :cheers:

So thank you all.

jules1216
12-29-2007, 09:02 AM
SuzyQ--she is ready..she's starting to get really cranky--she can harly eat cause she's back to feeling sick with most things. I feel so bad for her. They let me go almost TWO weeks past my due date with her and it looks like she is having to do the same thing. I am finding out that "stripping the membranes" works about half the time and if it does work it's usually the night they do it but it can be within the next three days. Have fun on your New Years Eve get together with McDreamy. No plans for me and Mr Anti-social. If the baby isn't here yet Teri is coming over for lunch on New years Day.

Cristina--we didnt even put up a tree this year, but I am putting away all the other little stuff this weekend.

Mindee-she is walking and so tired of being pregnant. She's starting to get a little depressed about the waiting.

Sassy--I get like that sometimes too, usually when hubby is being an arse which has been alot lately...he has been more of a scooge this Christmas than usual, he's never really good then and then he's really bad in the winter. He just wants me to be here at the house and talk to nobody including him. He even gets jealous at the time I spend with our kids. It's hard sometimes.

Katy--hope you are ok!!

RosieKate
12-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Howdy!

We are slammed. DH's mother has been ill with bronchitis for a few weeks. On Christmas Day we did manage to get her over to our house, but once she arrived it was clear almost immediately that her drugs weren't working. We convinced her to let DH take her to the ER where they nebulized her, then found some pneumonia on her right lung. They kept her overnight which was a relief for us all as she was finally able to get some sleep. She has been staying with some friends and recuperating. We spent the 26th in Eugene with my brother, and in general we have been just trying to catch up around the house, see some friends, and try to enjoy the break as much as we can. It's nice to have everyone home, hanging around the house. I'll be ready for them all to go back on the 7th, though.

Susan- How did you know I've been knitting :p It probably was DH, he was out for a walk that day and I think he said he walked up to the library. When you first wrote that I was, like, how does she know what he looks like?..of course..I do send pictures around don't I? Silly me. Sorry you had to cut the beach short; I hope you get a chance to rest and recuperate before the big NY dinner with McDreamy. He sounds like a nice guy.

Jules - Countdown to Grandma...won't be long now! I hope she is able to get some rest to gear up for labor. Sending some prayers her way for a good delivery. Can't wait for pictures.....

Sassy- Sorry you are feeling a bit down.. 'round here we call them the Christmas Day Dumps...seems like there is always a little letdown after all the build up. I know you and you DH have great things in store. You have each other and a great outlook on life. Our new mantra should be "Life is great in '08!" If we say it often enough, it will be true.

Mindee - sounds like you are going to have a houseful! I enjoyed your Christmas pictures - what a lovely family! I know you've probably told me this already, but what does MACS stand for?

Cristina - How did all that packing go? I'm giving it until New Year's, then we are packing it all up. I like the decorating, but I also like to put it all a way and reclaim the living room. Your chili sounds delicious..I am in the mood for soup or stew as well. I bought some roasted red pepper and tomato soup yesterday and had some for lunch - yum. I'm going to use up some of the leftover ham and add it to a bean soup mix I have...that should be pretty yummy as well. It's the right kind of weather for a nice hearty soup.

Sorry I haven't checked in. Other than worries about the MIL, we did have a lovely Christmas. My kids have enough Legos and Playmobil to keep them busy for awhile. I received lots of tea and yarn and knitting things, so I am very happy about that. I have to get the camera out and blog the loot. I am up two lbs, from all the festivities, but it was 4 :yikes:, so I am on the way back down. I also am expecting TOM pretty soon, so I usually swell up a bit with that.

Have a good day everyone!

FrouFrou
12-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Good morning, ladies!

I am very happy to say I am down 2 pounds today! Woohoo! :carrot: Sorry ladies. I must say that part of it is probably because of throwing up so much on Christmas but I did good to not put anything on since so I am happy. I am a little more than a pound away from my first twenty pound goal, yay! Of course I changed it over to 10 pound goals now, figure they would be easier to achieve and not seem so overwhelming to reach. Going to WI on the New Years just because it is the beginning of a New Year and then again on my Sat WI. Starting a New year and I want to see the changes from the very first day. Anyway...

JULES...hopefully by now Teri is in the hospital ready to deliver. I feel for her. I think deep down V gets a little jealous of my online time but he never says anything. I share things with him too so...hey, how do you like the turkey bacon? I have been thinking about trying it because I love bacon. I actually haven't had any in a long time because I always eat too much of the stuff.

SASSY...I don't think I can count on both hands how many times I have felt that way so as Jules said "You are not alone." We are here for you anytime you want to talk. Just hang in there sweetie. :hug: :hug:

MINDEE...I tried coke zero and thought that was the worst tasting stuff ever, lol. I gave it to V...he's like Mikey...he'll eat or drink anything, or just about anything. Why not diet coke? I am addicted to diet coke but have really cut back a lot. Drinking a lot more water but there are times I just need my diet coke. I always get the monthly kids for MACS but I seem to forget to go back and look for the past kids. I need to make a point of doing that. And kuddos to your parents...thank God for wonderful, loving people like them.

KATY...sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she gets to feeling better soon. Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas. And yes, it is good to reclaim the house after the holidays. Although...it sort of feels empty, lol. Your soup sounds good.

SUSAN...we have no special plans. Just staying home. I will probably end up in bed early...lately I can't stay up passed 11 for some reason. New Years Day though I am cooking some chicken enchiladas, spanish rice, beans, chips and salsa, taquitos and a few other dips and Josh and his GF are coming over. He leaves the 2nd so who knows when we will see him next. Hope you and Mcdreamy have a wonderful dinner!

Well, no special plans for the day. Still being lazy until I feel 100% back to normal. V is going to be painting the front door. We got a new, solid door for the front...didn't like the one with the window. So he's painting that before he puts it on, along with a new storm door. I think the house feels naked without the storm door, lol. Anyway, my plan is to stay out of his way and finish putting Christmas stuff away, get a couple loads of laundry done and read. Still working on that one book.

I haven't gotten any exercise in for a week and that is probably another reason I am feeling bad. But I am just going to take it easy until the first when I plan to get back on track and ready for a new year, a new challenge!

Have a GREAT weekend!

suetalks
12-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Hello, Sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas. Sorry Katy to hear of your ill MIL and Cristina for your illness. Glad everyone got the "loot" they wanted. I got a 22 inch flat monitor from DH and a very nice stainless steel veggie steamer/soup pot. (I had asked for a steamer, but nothing so elaborate) Also got books, candles, a beautiful birdhouse, reed diffuser, bath and body goody, candies and nuts..a gift card. Quite a haul as I see it in print. Some years DH and I do a gift together for the house, but not this year. SO I felt spoiled.

I have been eating right at breakfast and lunch, then it seems all h**l breaks loose and I just can't stop eating. Soooo, my goal for today is to cut the sweets and just eat a few nuts when I must snack. I still have some nuts in the shells and DH bought me a can of almonds. I HAVE to be done with the fudge and cookies.
If I can accomplish this goal then by the 1st maybe I will be ready to eat right all day.

I gained back up to the dreaded 170. It is my onus in life to weigh 170 I swear. No matter if I go up or down I am usually quickly back to 170. What's with that?

Susan..hope you get feeling better quickly. Sassy..as I said elsewhere, chin up lady. Good things are coming your way! Mindee..I knew you were from a large family, but WOW. Your parents have such big hearts and I commend them and others like them. Jules...Patiently waiting here. Your DH does sound quite a bit like mine. Some days he is so grumpy and nothing anyone does is right or good enough.

Okay ladies...I am off to finish some puter stuff.

Mom2Gaby
12-29-2007, 03:22 PM
:bravo: Cristina! Wow on the 2 pounds, doesn't matter how you did it, you did it!! lol Icky way though. :dizzy:

Sue -Yay, nice to hear from you!! Missed you! I am back up to 172. Seems my scales like that number. I think I will go on a water flush and cleanse my system out. lol It is true - evening eating is the worst. I think we just get tired and say what the ****.....*munch*munch....

Sassy - :hug: been there too! Hang in there :)

Jules - Have Teri eat a box of tuna helper, that worked for me when I had Rach. haha.....poor thing, I hope she has the baby soon.

Mindee - That is wonderful about the adoptions! Yay to Brandon!!

Katy - Oh, I knew what he looked like by the pic. Also if it was him he was wearing like,,,,tights.....and I thought he was rather handsome in them. lol.....I think his jacket was a light green?? Not sure. I think I almost hit him......lol....jk. Hugs to you and hope all is well with the kids!!!

k- on the fly. McDreamy is fine. He does seem rather sweet with all his cooking and taxi driving for his daughter. He has 2 kids- 19 & 21- and they still live with him. We'll see, my life seems to much in the air to even try to have a relationship. He is nice to chat with though. I certainly don't need him cooking me food and cookies. I gained 30 with Michael, I don't need that again!!

better get! I am going to try slim fast again. It worked before and I will promise to go get some decent walking shoes on Monday and start walking.

chat later!

Sassy_Chick
12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Thank You all........I am truly just fine............Was really only making a statement, honestly. :)

Jules -- hope the grandbaby comes soon!
Cristina -- :woohoo: on almost reaching your goal!
Katy -- Sorry to hear about MIL, hope she recoops soon!
Sue -- :hug: I would kill to be 170 but I know, I've been there before too, I hope that the new year brings "New Bodies" to us all! :D
Suzy Q -- Ooooo la la..........glad things are well with McDreamy........Have they changed Slim Fast? Because a few years back I tried it and it made me sick so I couldn't drink it..........I wish you lots of luck!!! :cheer:

Hi to All out there!! :wave:

Big :hug: to everybody.

FrouFrou
12-29-2007, 11:54 PM
And I am back again :D Just love you ladies too much to stay away too long!

SUSAN...thank you missy! :hug: And I hear ya about just saying what the heck and just munching. Feeling so much better today that it has been one of those munching days-gotta nip that in the bud right now! Well, who knows...you never know what wil become of anything so just enjoy your time with mcdreamy missy. Whatever happens, will happen. But he sounds like a sweetie for sure.

SASSY...:thanks: You just keep on keeping on missy. We love ya and are here for you. :hug:

SUE...glad you had a nice Christmas. I'm really glad that we basically had ours on Christmas Eve. It was nice so it didn't really matter if I was sick on Christmas day...Sounds like you were spoiled!

JULES...any news on the homefront/baby? I think we all are getting anxious!

MINDEE..whats up with you missy? Hope all is well with you and the family.

KATY...hoping the house is getting back to normal today.

I managed to get quite a bit done...laundry, and all the Christmas stuff put away thank goodness. I must say though the house looks a little empty. All the Christmas stuff sure makes it more homey.

Nighty, night ladies!

tommysgirl18
12-30-2007, 02:10 AM

nothing new yet again....we are broke, so we don't have any reason to go anywhere. my sister offered to babysit the kids for us on Sunday night so that we can use our gift card that we got from our friends. she said that she would babysit the kids for us since we seemed to be tense. she said that she would let us discuss it and get back to us....we thought about using it, but we are not sure. it would be nice to go out just the two of us, but we shall see.

Sassy~ I hope things start to get easier for you! we have those days a lot lately....so you are not alone!

Jules~ I hope she has him soon. I was that way with Logan, and he was eight days late!

Katy~ I hope things start to slow down for you guys. MACS stands for Make A Child Smile. I too, am on my way back down after the holidays. So, I am glad about that.

Cristina~ WTG on the weight loss! I am on my way back down after the holidays, so that is a good thing for me. My sister's ex-BIL used to drink or eat whatever we didn't want. I actually got the diet cherry coke zero, and I love it! to me it tastes like a flat cherry coke, so it is easier for me to drink it. I had I think, three of my diet cherry coke zeros on Saturday, and then I switched to water. So, I am doing good in that aspect. Brandon kept trying to give me a new diet coke every time I went into the kitchen.

Sue~ Sounds like you got spoiled at Christmas! me and Tommy didn't get each other anything. We figured that since we usually get what is needed at the time through out the year, then we don't need to over indulge during the holidays. So, when we get our taxes done, I am sure that we are going to get something. (mainly a new van)

SuzyQ~ How are you doing? I have done the slim fast before, and I loved it! I also did the Metabolife thing before we got married, and it worked as well. I have been tossing the idea around about going on that again since I had used it, and we upped our exercising as well. So, I might look into that again.

Cristina~ Nothing majorly new with us....just spending time with the kids and my sister. Me, Tommy, and my sister played a card game Saturday night. Other then that, we are trying to get Brandon to want to start potty training again, and trying to keep them from "painting" again like they did Saturday morning.

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Hey all........

Just got done watching "Failure to Launch" w/ Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McConaughey, Tery Bradshaw and Kathy Bates (love her)........it was pretty funny, although I think I have already seen it, but with my "old age" I can't remember if I have or not! lol...........:p

Cristina -- I did laundry too........Seems like it is neverending doesn't it? lol.

Mindee -- I know too well what you mean about being broke..........hope you have fun if you decide to go out.

Well I keep getting hot and cold, I can't get comfortable.............must be old age..........lol..............

Anyway, I just wanted to share............

Anyways, take care all.

FrouFrou
12-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Hello chickies!

SASSY...I liked that movie too! I like Kathy Bates too...loved her in Dolores Claiborne (sp?) Misery, Titanic, Fried Green Tomatoes and the Waterboy...too funny! And yes, laundry IS neverending! You know though, I think that is one chore I really don't mind doing. Hopefully, it is just old age, lol-you are not old though missy. Hopefully you are not getting sick. That is what I went thru Christmas day...hot, cold, hot, cold...I actually got so cold I had bad chills. It drives you crazy though.

MINDEE...didn't even know they had diet coke zero...learn something new every day. Good luck with the potty training again. Maybe this time he will be ready.

How is everyone else doing today?

I jumped back on the bandwagon today with the exercise. I love the mantra, my new mantra...Tomorrow begins today...I think it is a great one. Never put off tomorrow what you can start today and that is what I did. I did 45 mns of exercise...kept thinking why wait until the first. Plus, I actually have missed doing it...imagine that, me missing exercise. Other than that nothing much going on.

Me, V & DD are going to the show tomorrow...gotta go find the times. Going to go see Juno...looks funny. Going to throw a roast in the crockpot with some veggies so dinner will be cooking while we are out. I might buy something to ring in the new year...not sure but was thinking about it. Shoot, I can't even stay up late so we'll see.

Chat with you ladies tomorrow, ciao for now!

Mom2Gaby
12-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Checking In!

Hi to Sassy. Mindee, and Cristina! This is a quickie :o

I hate being broke too! I have like $10 to my name until I get my check in the morning.
I was on slim fast back in 99 for 17 months. I lost the 110 pounds on slim fast. I only like the can strawberry though. I can do SF or my protein shake, strawberry sounded good to me.
I guess New Balance shoes are on sale this week! So, still planning on going tomorrow and buying some walking shoes.
Oh, down a pound! Yipeeee......

I did see McDreamy last night! He is still dreamy, lol. I went at 6pm and he made a fast pasta dinner for us. I brought Legends of the Fall and we watched that. I don't know where the time flew but I left at 2am. Wow......that was a long kiss. haha - anyway, we are going to see Sweeney Todd New Years Eve,,,,

k- waiting for Gab and I need to start on my water.

Jules!!! Any baby news???

jules1216
12-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Well girls...Teri is being sent to the hospital to get checked. I guess they are concerned since she is still having a good bit of discharge since the sweeping of the membranes on Friday. She may have just lost her plug and since the contractions are really hurting yet they may send her home. She's going to call me once she knows what is going on.

jules1216
12-30-2007, 05:00 PM
She's having contractions, but nothing to worry about. She is only 3 cm apart and they sent her home.

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi All.

Christina -- Thanks. I love Kathy Bates and I've seen all those movies too. I think she was the best in Misery though. Kinda creepy how well she played that part!! lol. Well I think I got a bit of a bug or something, not sure. I woke up not feeling well and rushing to the bathroom......But now I feel ok. I went and lied down for a bit and feel a bit better. I hope it passed or whatever cuz its back to work tomorrow night!! lol. Then I'll probably get more germs! lol. That place is a Germ Factory!! lol. I don't mind washing/drying/folding laundry, I just hate the putting away part!! lol. WTG on the exercise. I am very bad at putting things off...........Guess that could be one of my resolutions!! lol. Have fun tomorrow!

Suzy Q -- I may have to try some slimfast again. It would be great for me for work. I need new shoes, I've had these pair for geez I can't even remember when I bought them!! lol. Glad you had fun with McDreamy.........DH & I want to go and see Sweeney Todd, you will have to let me know how it is!!

Jules -- Hope you have a Grandbaby soon!!!!! He is definitely taking his time, isn't he? lol.

I hope you all are well and keeping warm.

tommysgirl18
12-31-2007, 01:37 AM

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out around the house. we did end up taking my sister up on her offer and went out to dinner. we got done with dinner, and were going to go walk around the mall until we realized that the mall had closed an hour before we got there! so, we just came home since it had started to snow.

Sassy~ I have been wanting to see that movie! I will have to try and catch it at the movie store.

Cristina~ Yup, they have it. I was going to get it until I realized that they had the diet cherry coke zero. I figured that I would try something with extra flavor, in case I didn't like the plain diet coke zero. Let us know how Juno is. I have seen a couple of previews for it and it has looked interesting.

SuzyQ~ That is really nice about your evening with McDreamy! I love that movie!!! I love the Chocolate SF. I tried the other ones but didn't really care for them. I will try the strawberry one again.

Jules~ I am betting that little Dominick is going to be the first baby born on New Years Day!! Sounds really promising with all the contractions that she is having!

RosieKate
12-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Happy last day of 2007...got those resolutions all lined up? :p

Jules - been thinking about Teri - and hoping that all is going well. Nick could be a January one - now that's exciting!

Susan- have fun with McDreamy today ;)

Cristina - I was looking at your new progress siggy and, dang, I'm impressed - you are really on a roll! I hope you are continuing to feel better.

I have a smoothie recipe that is better for you than slimfast, if anyone is interested. The initial $ layout is spendy because you have to buy brown rice protein powder (which you might be able to order from Amazon grocery), but it makes alot of shakes and the result has more shake, less calories. I think I figured it out at a 16oz shake had about 200 calories, 300 if you added banana to it. No artificial anything in it. Rather than bore with all the details, you can pm me for the recipe is anyone wants to.

Hi to Sue, Sassy and Mindee - Happy New year to you all!

I've been mulling resolutions, but mostly I just come around to doing what I'm doing right now...just make each day a good one, you know? I do think I am going to buy the book Mindless Eating, and work through it this year. I really liked the approach and the suggestions, but had to take it back to the library.
I also think I am going to resolve to not buy more yarn for awhile - I have plenty as it is, and I'd like to try to save some money this year.

So that's all for now...get me all lickered up tonight and who knows what else I'll come up with? Ha ha...our grand plans are to just watch alot of movies and drink some champagne and eat some truffles from the local sweet shop.

Have a good one, ladies!

jules1216
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Katy--I am begin to agree with Teri, that Nick will be born on January 4 when he is FORCED out when she is induced. I guess she will have to wait for her little tax deduction until the 2008 filing. Send me that recipie. I am not a breakfast eater and have been thinking about trying breakfast smoothies.

Mindee--Little Nicky is apparently happy where he is. I went two weeks over with Teri--she didn't want to come out either!!

Sassy--he's definitely on his own timetable.

Suzy--hope you have a hot date planned for the New Year!!

Cristina--I like your new mantra--and it is so true. The things we do today really do effect everything about tomorrow....

Sue--are you out on the bike again!!

Happy New Years Ladies!!

tommysgirl18
12-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just waiting for Tommy and Brandon to get back from picking up some friends. Logan is watching Shrek 2 while holding onto a box of Banana Nut Crunch cereal, and Marissa is tossing her toys off the high chair tray.

Let's see.......my resolutions this year are to drink more water, work out more, and stop eating when I really don't need to be eating.

Katy~ What is the book "Mindless Eating" about? Can you send me the recipe too? I too, am also not a big breakfast eater, which I know is bad, so I have been trying to find other options.

Jules~ I think he will come before he gets forced out! But we shall see! Has she had any more contractions since the last ones?

FrouFrou
12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...how was the movie with mcdreamy? Or was that tomorrow? Glad you guys had a nice time with dinner and a movie...I like that movie too!

KATY...I'll take that recipe also. I am going to start Turbo Jam and follow their 10 day plan, with a little tweaking of course. Just seems like a lot of food to me. She calls for a smoothie most days as a snack so...supposedly you can lose up to 10 pounds in 10 days. I'll follow their plan with the food and the exercise dvd's plus some walking as well. And THANK YOU! Hope you guys enjoy ringing in the new year.

JULES...I'm telling ya...Nicky has decided he wants to be a New Years baby, heck with that 2007 stuff...he's holding out for 2008! Hope she has him soon though.

SASSY...yeah, I think Misery was my fav of those as well and yes, she did play that part too well. Be careful missy, try not to get anymore bugs! I know that is easier said than done. Too many germs out there. Cracks me up the number of people who don't wash their hands. I say that because at the show there was quite a few ladies that just walked out. Hopefully they weren' headed to get popcorn!

MINDEE...we liked Juno, even DH did. Orginally we were going to go see Walk Hard but then saw that Juno was out and had to go see it. It was cute and I loved Juno/Ellen. Hope you guys enjoy your evening with friends.

I slept in this morning until 9'ish and then got up, ate and exercised. Was going to exercise first but V served me breakfast in bed. Did a few more things around the house before heading to the movie...that place was packed! As was the grocery store...had to stop there for a couple of things on the way home after a late lunch/early dinner. Now just getting my computer time in before heading up to read some and watch some movies. Going to try and ring in the new year but not so sure I will make it. Anywho...

Take care ladies and have a happy New Years Eve!

Sassy_Chick
01-01-2008, 12:23 AM
:celebrate:Happy New Year!!:woo:

Jules -- Any News Yet??????? Do you have a New Year's Grandson yet?? lol

Katy -- I would like the smoothy recipe if you don't mind. My only resolution this year is to be a Healthier and Happier Me. That way I don't set too strict of standards and get disappointed in myself if I don't make them. :)

Cristina -- These bugs are going around like wildfire at work!! I need one of those bubbles to climb into! hee hee. Its amazing how many people do not wash their hands..........and a simple thing like that could make many many people sick...........

I made a mistake and watched a movie lastnight that I felt was deragatory to fat people. Basically all it did was make fun of fat people and how ridiculous they are in certain situations. Pathetic what they do to make $$. I won't mention the name of the movie, but it has some rather well-known actors in it. I may have just taken it the wrong way, but I felt like it was totally wrong. There I'm off my :soap: now. lol!!!

Well I'm having a fun New Year........:woo: Party Party Party.........lol. Oh Well at least I am getting paid very well for working........;)

I wish you all a very Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year!!

:grouphug:

Herself The Elf
01-01-2008, 12:34 AM
you all sound so great. :) keep at er

RosieKate
01-01-2008, 09:41 AM
:newyear:Happy New Year!:newyear:

Big kissies from Mrs. C :mrsclaus: She's saying "See you next year!"

HTE- Welcome! I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE your avatar!

I'll go ahead and post the smoothie recipe here since it looks like everyone is interested. My naturopath gave this to me as a way to get my flax dose in; also it can be a dairy-free meal replacement should I choose to use it as such. The fat/protein/carb ratio are Zone-friendly. If you do not need to avoid dairy, as I do, then use skim milk if you want.

Vegan Fruit Smoothie

2 TB Rice protein powder ( 110 cals) I use Nutribiotic Vegan Vanilla
1 TB ground flax seed ( 30 cals) I have found this in bulk at Winco, otherwise you can get it through Bob's Red Mill.
1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk (90 cals)
1/2 c.- 3/4 c. frozen blueberries (40 - 60 cals)

mix in a blender. If I use .75 c blueberries, I get about 2 cups of smoothie at 290 cals. If it's not sweet enough, you can add an inch or two of frozen banana, which would add about 50 or so more cals. This is sugar-free and no additives - bon appetit!

The protein powder and flax seed meal can be ordered online via Amazon grocery, albeit in large quantities. I don't see why you can't substitute a protein powder of your choice; I've seen soy protein in bulk at Winco that's very economical. You an also put skim milk in this if you don't care about the vegan part.

I think I am going to use this as a meal replacement for a little while to help me get my carb cravings under control. This shake is very good for that purpose. Otherwise, I tend to have a cup as an afternoon snack since that's when I crave carbs the most.

Mindee - Mindless Eating (http://www.amazon.com/Mindless-Eating-More-Than-Think/dp/0553384481/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199198027&sr=8-1) - there's a link for you..This was one of my favorite health and wellness reads last year.

Hey - if anyone else wants to read the book and work through the book's suggestions together - I'm in...just let me know. It has exercises like eating all your meals on a small plate, don't eat at the computer, yada yada - you get the idea.

I'll bbl later for more individuals..hope NYE was good to everyone. We stayed home and watched movies. We watched Romancing the Stone and Batman, which DH and I saw many times many years ago..so it was a fun little trip down memory lane. We drank sparkling wine and ate lots of chocolate - yum! Now it time to go back on the wagon

Cheers!

jules1216
01-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Katy--I have been wanting a good smoothie recipie so thanks!! There are two small health food shops in the area plus the one grocery chain has added a healthy/organic section in their stores. There is also a huge common market coop about 45 minutes from home. I havn't been there since they expanded but have been thinking about it.

HTR--feel free to join us!!!

Sassy--alot of people are sick at my workplace. I have antibacterial lotion from Bath & Body at my desk. I've noticed bottles popping up all over at copiers, fax machines and other places too.

Cristina--like I mentioned...I think he's comfortable and is needing to be forced out...I told Teri this was payback for me having to go almost two weeks over with her...

Mindee--she was having them last night...her little belly would get so tight but she says that's the only way she knows shes having them since they aren't really hurting her at all. SHe's having some again today. Dave goes back to work from 3:30 pm to 2AM on Wednesday and Thursday after being off since the Thursday before Christmas. He says watch her go into labor Wednesday night...

SuzyQ--hope you had a good night!!

Sue--Hi to you too...

We worked yesterday, but got invited to go to our friends house since they were staying home with the baby. Right before we left work, got a call from Teri (no she wasn't in labor) Dave was going to go to his Dad's work and was going to drop her off at his mom's until his dad got off work. She was really weepy and emotional after waking up from her nap and had Dave turn around and she ended up coming with us. We had enchilada and a big salad and lots of veggies. We all had fun with the baby and left around 11:00 to take Teri home since Dave was on his way back. Then Jerry and I stopped where Ry & Alicia were and finally made it home around 1:30ish. I am soooo tired today....that was way past my bedtime!! Teri is having some contractions today that she is beginning to actually feel and know what they are. She was going to take another nap and I haven't heard anything more so I guess he's not ready yet. Her friend Geneva is going to spend the night with her on Thursday night (Dave works to 2 AM) and then 8 AM Friday she goes to be induced. I guess we will see if she actually makes it until then.

Mom2Gaby
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Happy 2008!

Jules - no baby yet? Hugs to Teri , hope she is hanging in there.

HTE - welcome, come chat!

I will try the smoothie Katy, sounds yummy.

Just really doing a quickie again. Tomorrow is school and I have to get the girls ready to get back in the grind.

Ate late last night, feel icky about that. I had a icee today and a strawberry shake.....ugh, drank too much wine so was trying to calm my stomache.

I did see McDreamy last night. He is sweet and quite......he was talking about Gab and asked how her father would feel if he came to her weekend sports stuff. I guess I had mentioned wanting her to do baseball......anyway...... It is like he is talking about a future with me.....kind of confuses me. I think that is a while down the road before he would even meet her. Don't you think??

ugh, I better go. I have to get job searches done this week......ick.

RosieKate
01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey Susan- PPS doesn't go back until the 7th...tho' tomorrow would be a-ok with me, kwim? The kids have been snippy with each other all day due to a lack of sleep no doubt. I'm going to take them to Salem tomorrow. We'll visit my grandma, then off to the carousel and the children's museum. That should help. I'm with you, I think SO's shouldn't meet the kids until you are serious...kids get so attached and don't understand if things don't work out - they take it very personally. Of course, there never are guarantees, my mom was in a few serious relationships that didn't work out, but I was a teen then and while I didn't take it as a personal rejection. I'm sure you will do the right thing as you have good judgment. Except for drinking icees - :) jk

Jules - sounds like you had a nice NYE. I get a little misty every time I hear Auld Lang Syne, sigh. The older I get, the worse it is. Maybe Teri will be in for a pretty easy labor as she is taking those contractions in stride. Wouldn't that be nice? I hope she doesn't have to go on Pitocin- I hated that stuff. But you know, no matter how it happens, the result is Dominick - so it will all be fine.

OK - my mindless eating goals for January will be to 1) eat my meals on a small plate, 2) eat at the table, and 3) no reading at meal time. I'm going to get a piece of graph paper set up so I can check them off when I do them. I ordered the book yesterday, so I can re-read it and figure out a game plan for February....2008 is off and running chickies!

Mom2Gaby
01-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I am back.

hmm, yep Katy , no school. How come I am the last to know?? lol I was so happy at the thought the kids were going back. Having them home cost $$$, yikes.

It was an Icee float from Burger King. I was driving up Powell this morning and was feeling ill, thinking a diet 7-up would settle the stomache. Course once I saw the icee float, my stomache wanted that......and after that was Arby's for Rach and the strawberry shake looked good. Kind of like a strawberry slim fast, I thought. Course give or take a few 100 calories......I must say it was a small though. Didn't wanna be a piggy. lol

The kids did meet Michael and Rocky. I thought those were serious and leading to marriage. I think realistically it takes a lot of time to get to know someone before you can even say that. Obviously I wouldn't marry M now but I would Rocky.
If McDreamy wants to hang out for 4 or 5 months he might meet Gab. I just think my kids need little info on my private life....lol. Course I think you really can't know if a realtionship is a go unless you see that person interact with your kids (???) I did meet his daughter last night as she breezed in with a box of gourmet cookies. Very pretty girl.

k- off to fo laundry! Yippeeeeee

Sassy_Chick
01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow what a way to start the new year! Its cold :brr: (22 degrees F but with the wind feels like 8 degrees F) and windy and snowing, :snowglo:or at least it was when I came in at 5:30 PM or so. DH drove me in since its snowing and blowing outside.........

Well another long boring night ahead..............but I get paid well for it. ;) It probably will pick up though around 3 AM EST, that is when Europe Business Hours begin. So maybe the last half of my shift will go by really really fast!!! lol. Hopefully tomorrow night will go by fast too. Then I can begin my weekend. :)

So far I haven't began the NY off that great, but I'll work on that. ;) I'm not going to beat myself up anymore, just get up and try again. My Resolution for This year is to just be a Healthier and Happier Me, Outside AND Inside. :D

HTE -- :welcome2:

Katy -- TY for sharing the recipes!! :) I can definitely tell I haven't been eating right, my Acid Relfux is acting up. So that is yet another reason why I need to be good from now on! lol.

Jules -- We have the antibacterial stuff all over here. Don't know how much good its doing, but at least its something. Sounds like you had fun -- mmmmm Enchiladas.....:drool: Sounds like it could be any time now. Wonder if she will make it until Friday...........time will tell I guess.

Suzy Q -- Glad things are going well with McDreamy. I can understand wanting to wait on having your kids meet him. I remember when I was a kid and my mom dated, I never liked any of the guys she dated except for one and then she didn't stay with him long!! lol. When I met my late step dad we hit it off right away and got along very well. His youngest daughter and my mother -- a totally different story. lol. So you just never know, hopefully all will go well when and if you want them too meet. :) I haven't been doing well at all, food wise.......:no: We need to go to the store. DH actually has been craving Fresh Fruit so he wants to get some of that to snack on, I need more green stuff to flush me out from all the holiday damage. lol.

We watched Made, a tv show on MTV about people who want to be "Made" into something they want to be. This episode the girl was a star wars fan who wanted to be "made" into a Beauty Queen to gain self confidence. They got her a personal trainer and her "Made" Coach was a former beauty queen. But she did it. She had to walk around her HS in high heels, I was like Wow I could never do that without breaking my neck. lol. She lost some weight and gained self confidence. Pretty cool. She didn't win the pagent, but she did very well. But the coach had her do a Kick Boxing Class. I was like hmmmm.....I know it would probably take a lot for me to get up to speed in a class like that, but that may be what I need, exercise that I can "kick butt" too. lol. But I am too big of a chicken to join a class, DH said he would join with me, but I dunno. I guess if that girl could do it I could but I am a LOT larger than she is...........Do they have a Plus Size Kick Boxing Class? lol.

Anyways rambling now..........lol.

Hope you all are having a Great New Year so far!!

FrouFrou
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR, LADIES!

Glad everyone had a nice evening.

Nothing much going on...we stayed up a little past midnight for once. There were some fireworks off in the distance behind our house and we watched from the sliding door...really pretty. Then we went to bed and I was out like a light. Was going to do some reading but it didn't work.

Enjoyed dinner with Josh and his GF this evening...fixed his favs, chicken enchiladas and banana pudding. Not sure what I was thinking but I made enough for a stinking army. Wasn't sure if they were bringing the kids with them so there was a lot of food. Sent some with them and the rest V will take for leftovers to work the next couple of days. He's heading back to Hawaii tomorrow :(

KATY...thanks for the recipe...I definitely will try it. But I might sub the blue berries for bananas or strawberries. Not a big fan of the blueberry except in muffins.

SUSAN...I agree with Katy. When I dated I did let the kids know what was going on but didn't want them to meet anyone until or if I thought something would become of it. When Josh told me his gf had two kids I was a little thrown back by her letting him basically move in with her with her having two kids. Not that she had two kids...but the fact that they didn't really know each other well and her kids are 8 and 3...kids get attached easily. But supposedly they are going to get married. Yes, he proposed to her. But anyway... I do wish you and mcdreamy the best!

SASSY...I say, go for it! Everyone is a little slow when first joining an exercise class. Once you get the moves down you will be fine! It's cold here too! Brrrrr

JULES...well, that stubborn little boy is probably laughing at everyone and saying "You guys are gonna have to take me if you want me!" At least if he doesn't come soon Friday isn't that far away.

Hi everyone else :wave:

I did get in a workout before starting with the cooking thank goodness. I needed that. Anywho...trying to type and watch The Biggest Loser. I am amazed at the loses, wow! I would love to lose 14 pounds in one week! This is my new favorite show.

Have a good evening ladies! Hugs!

Mom2Gaby
01-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I swear, this is the longest day. Nothing to do but eat. I have had several bowls of lima bean soup.

Sassy - Fruit sounds good! I have some oranges, might suck on one of those. Doesn't that sound attractive?? I did eat 2 oranges and a glass of ice water the other night, it was so good. You would probably enjoy kickboxing!!! Rach did, and it helped her lose 30 pounds, all different shapes/size people......*sigh, I am one to talk. I won't go to the gym for fear of looking stupid. I didn't talk to my step dad for a year, hoping he would go away. lol He is the sweetest man, he bought all us girls jewelry, on his own and even wrapped it in the little boxes.

Katy - I like the eating on a small plate. I do that sometimes and it does help.

Hi to Jules, Mindee, Cristina, Sue, and Michelle!

Almost done with the laundry. Hoping I can get some decent sleep tonight. Saw Sweeny Todd last night. I didn't like it. I really don't like Johnny Depp in any of his movies, thinking that is the main reason. I can see where it is considered a good movie, just not my cup of tea. I think we agreed we would go see Morgan Freemans movie that is coming out.....with Jack whats-his-name. I love Jack.
After that we went to a pub and had some glasses of wine and we each had a gyro (sp).....it was delish, never had one before. We were actually in the car when it struck midnight.

k- have I rambled enough about non diet stuff??? haha

Mom2Gaby
01-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Cristina - typing at the same time. Great minds think alike, huh? lol

Ya, I agree. I let Gab's father barge right in and the girls resented it. We weren't living together and he didn't spend the night unless the girls were gone. But it was too much too soon. Course after I became pregnant we moved in together. Which was a nightmare.The R's know I went on a date and they are full of advice *eyes roll* and they like that he has a cute son - all the important things, you know..lol..... Gab doesn't need to know anything unless something becomes of it.....

Congrats to Josh and GF! wow,,,,,was it a fast courtship? How long have they known each other. Nosy , huh?? :)

k- off to finish laundry,

FrouFrou
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Hiya Susan :wave:

I'm not a fan of Johnny Depp either for some reason. I too want to see The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson...it looks good. Maybe me and V will have a date night soon and go see it. Glad you and mcdreamy had a nice evening. I've never had a gyro either...but have heard they are good.

Well, I think I am outta here for now. Not sure if I am getting up early to run to the airport or not. I know Josh could careless if I am there and his GF will be crying and they want "their" time alone, together so. Have errands to run too and V is headed back to work. It's weird too I keep expecting Jason to come home from work and he's gone for the week. Anyway....nighty night ladies!

Edited: yeppers Susan...very fast courtship if you will. Ummm, they knew each other a weekend and when he was here at Thanksgiving he spent almost everyday there. EGADS! So they have known each other about 5 weeks, yes, I said 5 weeks, ugh! They have all these plans, just hope it all works out with then going so fast. They are going to wait a year to get married but still.

FrouFrou
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Funny, a cute son huh? Lol...girls!

Sassy_Chick
01-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Hi Girls. :wave:

Well a quiet night it has not been........but makes the time pass more quickly. I am just ready for this week to be over with. 5 more hours on this shift then 13 more tonight and its over.........hopefully tonight will pass quickly.

Just wanna be home all snuggled up in this type of weather......of course they say that on Sunday it may get up to 50. Ridiculous. lol.

Cristina -- Congrats to Josh and his GF that is a fast courtship! I thought DH & mine was fast at 6 Months, but wow. I hope everything works out for them. We also waited a year to be married, it takes that long to get everything planned for the wedding! lol. I am not sure about the kick-boxing class yet. I may check out a few and see what is out there but not sure. lol. If anything I will just do Billy Blaine's work-out, that is the same concept, isn't it? We get his free on-demand so may as well take advantage.

Suzy Q -- As you can see above from what I wrote to Cristina, I am not sure about joining a class yet. But we'll see. I know it would be good for me, not only for the exercise, but also for the social aspect because working the shift I work, I don't get a lot of social interaction. At least in person. lol. Get lots on the phone and internet. lol. My step dad was the best person I ever knew. He was just so kind and was just so wonderful to my mom and me. Its sad he is no longer with us. And you don't like Johnny Depp? :faint: lol. I know he isn't for everybody. lol. I like him though. hee hee. I really liked him in Benny and June, its an older movie. I love Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicolson. I want to see that movie too. ;)

Well guess that is about it from my end, for now.........

tommysgirl18
01-02-2008, 03:17 AM
hello ladies....for some reason I didn't get a notice for the thread. I will have to check that out.

Me and Tommy saw an infomercial for the Turbo Jam program. If all goes well, then I will be getting that next month! I am so excited!!! I have some work out dvd's but I need something that will keep me interested in doing it and have upbeat music other wise I get bored easily with it!

sorry for this being really quick but I am still trying to get through my email.......but I am going to be going to bed here shortly.

RosieKate
01-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Susan - Have you ever seen Chocolat? It may change your mind about Johnny Depp. I may see if the library has that, I'm kind of wanting to see it again. I have seen the musical Sweeney Todd on stage, and it is brilliant...and very bloody. I can only imagine how many buckets of blood there are in the movie, so I'm going to wait to see it until DVD. I mean really, we are going out for a movie tomorrow with dinner after...and I want to feel like eating, lol! I don't like JD in everything, but I enjoyed the Pirates movies. and Edward Scissorhands.

Cristina - wow that was fast - congrats on Josh's engagement. I had a year-long engagement as well, after 3 years of dating. I guess you could say I was not in a hurry ;)

Sassy - I've done the Tae-bo tapes at home before - they're pretty good. they can be challenging, but I thought it was easy to modify to the shape I was in. Kicks are great for the ol' abs, I have to say. I'm not one to talk about any exercise today however. I slept in and missed the water aerobics class, and I haven't been consistent about exercise at all over the break. I hope to get a walk in when we get back from Salem.

Hi Jules, Sue, Michelle, Mindee and anyone else reading this.

Tomorrow is date night! We have a gift card to PF Changs, so I will get my msg fix, lol. I think we are either going to see Walk Hard or Charlie Wilson's War. We might see Atonement, but the show time doesn't work well with dinner. DH and I read the book and it was excellent, so we have to see the movie at some point.

Have a great day everyone!

Mom2Gaby
01-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Afternoon -

I am totaly emotionally wasted. I had a huge fight with the ex regarding Gab. I just wanted to take her home at 8:30pm after I finished my laundry. Of course she wanted to stay and watch tv. Way past her bedtime as it was considering we read books before lights out.
So, ex has to butt in and say she can spend the night and Gab is bawling by now.
I didn't want her spending the time. I don't want her vegging in front of the tv. I wanted her rested and out the door with me this morning to her after school place today- playing with other kids and getting back into a routine.

So, it gets to the point of boiling. Where he is saying I am a horrible mother and I abandoned the other kids and I am doing that to Gab now. Because *gasp* he found out I went on a date. He is such an abusive a -hole.
I finally got Gab in the car. I mean - can I not date? *&^%$ - a few times a year does not make me a *lut, and yes, he calls me that.

Annoyed and spent today. I swear. I have been busy all morning with job stuff and paying bills.

Cristina - See, M was fast moving. He met me and was sooooo entranced with me ( I know - go figure - lol ) and was talking moving in, having children and the whole 9 yards. Stupid me I got caught up in it.

Sassy - Ick on JD. lol

Katy - Never seen chocolate. Have fun on your date night!!! :)

Mindee- hey lady!!

k- that was my quickie.

FrouFrou
01-02-2008, 04:50 PM
SuzyQ...you are not stupid.

I will be back for indies late ladies. Signed on and got sidetracked and now I am outta time.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Mom2Gaby
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi Cristina -

It was s.....l....u......t, that he used, not stupid - lol . I do feel stupid for thinking the ex actually cares about. I think if anything he hates me.
anyway - soothed my soul with a shredded beef nacho from Taco Del Mar...on a roll huh? lol
Weird but the food did help...., I know. I am a food addict. *sigh.
I get so sidetracked. My mom said I sounded tired and just go home but I feel worse just sitting in my apt. At least I feel like I actually got some things done today.
k- my head is about to explode.....

chat later.

tommysgirl18
01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
hello ladies...how is every one doing?

Nothing new on this end.....just same day different stuff! we watched Superbad and Knocked Up yesterday. Superbad was okay.....and Knocked Up was absolutely hilarious!!!! We are going to buy Knocked Up when we get the money!

SuzyQ~ I wouldn't pay any attention to the ex's comments. He is just jealous! Now, get some rest and relax and don't let him bother you any more!

FrouFrou
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Hello ladies...

Finally able to get some time in, although I should be in bed...kind of sleepy.

And yes...it is a very fast courtship and engagement. And I too hope it works out. I guess my thing is they don't really know each other and are moving way too fast. Even if they wait a year, Josh will be gone most of that year and so they still are not getting to know each other. But kids don't listen so...just gotta let them learn on their own sometimes. Who knows...maybe it will work. I know with DH#1 we met in April, moved in together in May, married in August and we were married for 12 years until he passed. So I guess stranger things have happened. Anyway, time will tell.

SUSAN...geez, what is wrong with the ex. Are you not supposed to ever date because you have kids? Are you not supposed to have a life? he needs to get over it and grow up and...butt out!

KATY...hope you enjoyed date night. We were going to see Walk Hard and then at the last minute decided on Juno...after seeing a commercial saying it was on.

SASSY...kickboxing at home would be a good start for sure. I think it is the same concept. Hope you don't work too hard.

MINDEE...hey, I saw those infomercials too! And I had to have the Turbo Jam, lol. got them right before Christmas but was waiting until I started the Biggest Loser challenge to do them. I'll let you know how they go once I start. I am going to be following the 10 day program that comes with it...I think. I say I think because it seems like a lot of food to me but it's good, healthy food and protein shakes. Supposedly you can lose up to 10 pounds in 10 days. I am not aiming to lose 10 pounds in 10 days but 3 would be good.

HIYA SUE & JULES :wave: No baby yet Jules?

Nothing much happen today...Josh left of course. Went with DD to Target to spend a gift card and pick up a couple of things. My schedule has totally been thrown off so didn't realize that tomorrow is grocery shopping day and what I bought today could have waited, lol. I think my head was with Josh...just hate every time that boy leaves.

Got my exercise in and started a new book. Had to take a break from the Eat, Love, Pray whatever it is...kind of bored me. But this book is great, very inspiring...The Diving Bell and the Butterfly...sad though. Once I read how the guy wrote it I was in awe. He had a stroke and his only communication was thru blinking his left eye. Wow! If that's not inspiring I don't know what is. Already half way thru it and I think it has inspired me to finish the other!

Grocery shopping tomorrow and not much else on the agenda except exercise! Chat tomorrow ladies...good night!

jules1216
01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Cristina--I hope things work out well for your son. Teri barely knew Dave before she got pregnant, there are alot of things they had too work thorugh and are still going through. I can see some changes though--I have to admit that he is doing a little better but some of his decisions show how spoiled, selfish and immature he still can be at 25 years old.

Mindee--Knocked Up was hilarious, I saw it at the movies with Teri and she was like that's me and Dave through most of it...

SuzyQ--sorry the ex is being a jerk....he's just jealous cause nobody wants him right now...and it kind of sounds like he might want you...but just say no...there are reasons you had a restraining order against him...

Katy--hope you had fun on date night!!

Sassy--I loved Benny and Joon, it's one of my alltime faves. Johnny Depp does play some quirky characters. My son's fave is Fear and Loathing in LV.

Well Teri got me thinking she might be ready last night..but he's not.....

tommysgirl18
01-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....like usual! just an every day Thursday around here. Logan and Marissa are taking their naps, and Brandon is watching movies. I am putzing around online, listening to some music, checking email.

Cristina~ You will have to let me know how they go! It is now looking like Turbo Jam will be my anniversary present/Mother's Day present. (our anniversary happens to fall on Mother's Day this year, again. Our first wedding anniversary fell on Mother's Day. I saw on the commercials that they guarantee that you can lose 10 pounds and 10 inches in 10 days. (I remember that part because they kept flashing it every two seconds)

Jules~ I hope he comes soon!!! Tomorrow she goes in for her induction right? Did she have a doctor's appointment before then?

FrouFrou
01-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...ha, that's how old Josh is, his GF just turned 26. It's funny because I have noticed changes in Josh...he seems a little more mature and I do commend him for taking on her kids. Their father has nothing to do with them and he just stepped right in there and already they love him. I was concerned too that they got so close to him in case something happened. That little girl of hers is adorable and she just thinks the world of Josh. Anyway, I hope all works out well for Teri and Dave...I think the baby will help, hoping anyway. So any sight of that little one yet? He is definitely going to make you guys take him isn't he?

SUSAN...I was thinking the same thing Jules is...I think I said it before too. It just seemed like he was trying to get back into your life and you weren't having it so now he's mad and jealous. You just hang in there sweetie and don't let what he says or does get to you.

HI SASSY, SUE, and KATY!

MINDEE...you snuck in there while I was posting. I definitely will let you know how it goes. Going to start it Monday. I know it will probably take me a little while to get all the moves down but once I do...watch out! :lol:

Nothing much going on with me today. It is a cold one out today with the stinking wind brrrr. I did get 75 minutes of exercise/walking in before heading to wally world to buy groceries. Then dropped off the recyclables. There was a guy there that had a stinking mini-van full of bags upon bags of stuff. Kind of pisses me off because he was just throwing the stuff in there...card board too. It specifically says...NEWSPAPER ONLY! And in the cans and plastic bin it says to dump the stuff out of your bags and keep your bags to reuse. I wonder if they even bother with opening the bags or just toss it. I know it depends on the place but some you have to throw the caps away because it's a different kind of plastic and if left on they will just throw it in the trash. Kind of defeats the purpose of recycling. Okay, so that's my pet peeve today, lol.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :hug:

tommysgirl18
01-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Cristina~ That is what Tommy mentioned about....when he was reading the reviews. It said that it doesn't work over night.....well no duh! I told him "I want results but I sure as heck don't want them over night. I want to see them gradually that way I know that it is working, and I am losing it all the right way."

It is a cold one today....but on an upside, it is suppose to be Spring like this weekend! Time for every one to get sick again when the weather changes!

jules1216
01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
She's at the hospital!!

Mom2Gaby
01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
:hat::dancer::bb::cheer2: Yay, Teri! Hope she delivers soon for all our sakes, the wait has been forever...lol hugs to you Jules....:)

:hug: sorry about Josh leaving Cristina, I can imagine how hard it must be.

Just a quickie. My eating was better today and I felt more on track. Gab is being a sassy butt lately.

I did have restraining orders for both ex's at different times and for different reason. The ex could even be reading my messages here since I use his computer and he is familiar with the site because he has seen me writing. So, if you are ........back off.

I swear. I am an adult. I hardly ever go out and I wasn't looking for anything but McDreamy appeared and we seem to have it hit off, oh hum. He is very nice to me and invited me to his rowing group potluck as they plan the summer events they are going to row in. lol......hee haw.....I don't know if I will go though but it was nice he invited me to be around his friends.....course he invited me to a Christmas party before he even met me. Pretty sure he likes me....:o

k- adios. Try and write more tomorrow.....

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Ms Susie...it is when you least expect something that it usually happens. And who knows he may be the one and yes...Susan's exes back off! :lol: I say go with him, enjoy the dates. Live in the present Susan...don't worry about tomorrow with him, just take it one day at a time and enjoy each other. Gaby is probably being a sasssy butt because of the ex...I hope he's not the kind of father who drills their kid for info on the mother, ugh! Glad your eating was better today!

Mindee...I thought of you when I was watching the Turbo Jam. I want to watch it a few times before actually starting it and I am sure we both can do it! It looks easy enough. One of the girls name is Mindy...she and another girl does the low impact so you/I can follow them until learning all the moves. You will definitely get a work out that for sure.

Jules...woohoo! Little Dominick will be here soon enough and we can all rest, well, Teri can't.

Nothing much going on. Watched a couple of movies this evening...Fracture and Jackass 2...already saw Jackass but watched it again...it is too funny and those freaking guys are crazy for doing some of the stuff they do. Anyway wasn't sleepy so I thought I would jump on here for a few minutes and guess what? I am getting sleepy, lol. Our Jayhawks won the Orange Bowl :woohoo: Chat tomorrow sometime, have a good night ladies.

tommysgirl18
01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Yay Teri!!!!!! I can't wait to hear!

Cristina~ I mentioned to Tommy that you had gotten the Turbo Jam and that you were going to let me know how it is. It is good to know that they have low impact stuff for us beginners!

SuzyQ~ I hope things get straightened out with your ex. You are right, you are an adult and you are allowed to make choices for yourself!

RosieKate
01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Good Morning!

Well, Walk Hard was really funny and I ate way too much Chinese food, so today is a back-on-track day for me, :p We had a very nice time and talked about things we want to accomplish in 08 and just enjoyed some kid-free time.

Had a visit with the NP yesterday as well. Still working on my insomnia, though it is improving. I have to turn off the electric blanket and stop reading in bed. If it means I can get to a place where I sleep through the night and awake refreshed...then I'll try it.

Susan - Hope you are feeling better today...maybe you won't have to talk to any exes today....wouldn't that be nice? McDreamy does sound like a nice guy and you aren't rushing anything so I'm glad that you are not letting yourself get pushed around.

Jules - any updates...hope Teri's doing well...or as well as can be expected. Can't wait for pictures of the baby!

Cristina - Diving Bell has been made into a movie; and I've heard favorable reviews on NPR. Eat, Pray Love is pretty good, but I'm surprised that it has taken hold as much as it has, I didn't think it was that good....Maybe lots of women have been crying on their bathroom floors or something.

Hi to everyone else. Not a terribly busy day today. DH and I are going to give blood later - whoopee. I still need to take down the tree. Oh - and I'll probably get in a hike around the park....gotta burn off the Chinese food and the chocolate dessert.

Cheers!

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 01:58 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! Please and Thank you :)Thought I would go ahead and start a new thread ladies since we are a littl eover 100 posts. I have some time to do it so...head on over to Back In Kindergarten #35....see ya there :wave: