Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

Default Starbucks

Somebody posted about trying to find a good chai tea at Starbucks.
Well...I'm not a chai tea fan, but I know exactly what to ask for at Starbucks for an AMAZING iced coffee!

I ask for a Sugar Free vanilla iced coffee (the medium size) with four splendas, light on the ice, and save room for cream....whipped cream on top! Whipped cream does have sugar but VERY little and adds a ton of taste. I put a little 1/2 and 1/2 in it and it's fantastic!!! It's a "splurge" but really, I doubt it has very many calories in it (the whipped cream has barely any...just the 1/2 and 1/2 that I'd worry about).

If you don't like vanilla, you could get SF Hazelnut, SF gingerbread, or SF caramel syrup instead.
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

Starbuck's website is telling me that their PLAIN ICED COFFEE has sugar in it - like 90 calories worth for a medium!!! good heavens! half and half is about 40 calories per tablespoon, and the whipped cream is 110 calories.

Whipped Cream Topping Lightly sweetened fresh cream on a cold drinnk

Serving Size 35 g

Amt Per Serving

Calories 110

Fat Calories 100

Total Fat (g) 11

Saturated Fat (g) 7

Trans Fat (g) 0

Cholesterol (mg) 40

Sodium (mg) 10

Total Carbohydrates (g) 3

Fiber (g) 0

Sugars (g) 2

Protein (g) 1

Vitamin A 8%

Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 2%

Iron 0%

Caffeine (mg) 0
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Starbucks whipped cream has always blown me away with its calorie counts - it is NOT like regular whipped cream you'd have at home. So if you're watching calories, that whipped cream adds, according to Starbucks nutrition information, about 110 calories on a grande iced beverage.

The drink sounds YUMMY, though. Mmmm. My local coffee shop has sugar free chocolate - it is SO good.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

Yes...the way they usually make it, it IS sweetened with sugar....but that's why I ask them to replace that sugar with the splenda. It's just regular brewed coffee over ice with splenda rather than sugar...then they put in the shots of sf syrup (zero calories) and whipped cream on top...and if you want to add half/half or skim or whatever, you can add that too.

So yes...your info is absolutely correct! Just not the coffee part

"A delicious and refreshing blend of freshly brewed Starbucks® Terraza Blend served chilled and slightly sweetened on ice." They sweeten the coffee with sugar unless you tell them otherwise.

Oh and thanks for the info on the whipped cream!! I didn't realize how many calories were in it!!
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote