Old 12-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Weekly Chat December 17-23

I didn't see a new chat thread so I figured I'd start one....

This weekend was pre-Christmas at my dad's house, since he's going out of town and my sister is moving over the actual holiday. It was fun, very low-key. We don't splurge on each other or anything, it's just not done in our family (which is the way I'd like it to stay!).

The stockings, however, were full of candy and lotto tickets I gave my candy canes and hershey's kisses away because I don't like them, but all the Godiva, mentos, and peanut butter cups I just couldn't part with! I also baked cookies to bring to my dad's house and ate about five of those before I managed to stop... added to the fact that meals there are usually really big and rich... I was quite pleased to see this morning that the scale was only up 1 lb as opposed to, like, 8! I'm sure some diligence on my part this week will take it back down. I'll be fine

Hope everyone else had a good weekend, I better be off to work...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 AM   #2  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Ahhhh...the weekend...

I worked all weekend and slipped a little but not much. Didn't weigh-in this weekend because TOM is still here and will not be gone until tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #3  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday...

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy - finished up all my shopping - YEAH!! Now I just have to wrap everything.

We ate at this yummy bbq place on Sat and I ate was to much, but had been walking around shopping all day so I figured that evened things out a bit. Even though I was down another 2.2 lbs this week so I was pretty happy.

suitejudy - I am feeling ya on the all the yummy goodies that will be at my mom's on Christmas. I will try and exert some self control, but it is sooo hard to do sometimes. Peanut butter cups are my favorite...who ever thought of putting peanut butter and chocolate together is a genius!

jana - good luck on your weigh in...I know you have been working hard with the SBD so I am sure you will see that loss that you have been wanting.

I had better get to work - ttfn.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #4  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Judy - I love stocking stuffers. It's so easy because you just put little odds and ins in there, candy, and whatever else. I'm a little nervous about going home for the holiday with the baked goodies and rich food. It's gonna be tough but I will prevail.

Jana - I'm sure your "slip up" won't have an effect on your next weigh-in. TOM is here for me too and I told myself Sat. (my official weigh-in) I wasn't going to weigh myself until TOM was gone, but yesterday something told me step on the scale anyway and I OFFICALLY hit the 50lb. loss mark!!! However, I know its more than 50 lb.s b/c TOM adds about 3-4 lbs. for me so now i'm wondering how much I really weigh but I guess i'll have to see.

lovinlife - Nice job on the 2.2 lbs, miss!!! I know you're glad you have all of your shopping done, have fun with the gift wrapping!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #5  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Good morning all!!!!

Wow. What a weekend. Due to intense rounds of procrastination I got in maybe 1 hour of studying... but I finished off most of my christmas gifts so that feels good. I won't be able to distract myself with that today or tomorrow.

I have an exam wednesday, an exam thursday, and an exam friday... and then I'm scott free!!!! I'll be going home to family and friends and christmas stuff friday. I'm so excited.

suitejudy Indulging during the holidays is only to be expected. I ate so much sugar this weekend it's not even funny. And not only that but I don't have celebrating as an excuse! I'm just hanging out here on my own and I'm like I'll just have some chocolate.... Bad. bad. bad.

jana - aahhhh the weekend indeed. I wish it was still here....

lovinlife 2.2lbs? Nice job!!!! That's quite a good loss there.

Kim CONGRATS ON THE 50 lbs GONE!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. Good job. Keep it up.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #6  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

It has been a wonderful day indeed!! I got on the scale this morning and was down to 190!! Yipee!!! TOM is barely holding on and will not last past my evening shower, so I guess it's safe to say I really do put on about 3-5lbs during TOM.

Eating is going very well. Can't wait for the holidays though!! I'm staying to plan all week because with Christmas and New Year's Eve coming I will be at it again but this time I've got the added calories from holiday egg nog and alcohol.

Hey it's the holidays...my time to enjoy myself!!

Have a Great Tuesday Ladies!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #7  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

I hope that everyone is having a great week.

It is kinda quiet here - everyone must be busy gearing up for the holidays next week.

catstongue - good luck on the last of your exams. I am glad that you will be heading home to be with your family. That sounds like a fun time for you.

jana - 190 that is awesome! I am so happy for you - you have been working so hard. I too am on plan this week, but I can't make no promises come Mon and Tue. I am gonna be back on track come Wed though. Well...that is the plan anyways.

I have everything bought, but still have to wrap everything - not my funnest part, but the kids like it.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Well, I'm battling the munchies sitting here at work. My last few days of poor eating has lead to a backslide in my habits and cravings... When I eat well for even like 3 days it becomes really easy, but those first three days are very tough to get through! And any time I slip up it's like I have to start all over with retraining myself. I'm doing fine though today, and as long as I make it home and cook myself dinner instead of going out or ordering in, I'll be okay for the day! I have some cheese and crackers here at my desk for later if it gets too bad... I'm hoping to do really well this week and hop on the scale this weekend to see my weight back where it ought to be (or lower would be awesome!).

lovinlife - I love the wrapping part! I hate the buying part though. I never know what to get people but I love making it all look pretty And congrats on the -2.2lb!

Jana - wow, congrats on 190! that sure is a big step!! good for you, keep up the good work!

catstongue - good luck with your exams, that sounds awful but you seem okay with it study hard!

Kim - how long will you be home for? I think if my trip had been longer than a weekend I would have been done for... If you're staying for a while you definitely will want a plan of attack to keep yourself sane around all the goodies!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

judy, we did xmas yesterday too as my bf and gf will be out of town with their fams for xmas. We got gussied up and went to the olive garden so no one would have to worry about doing dishes and stuff. Then we came home and had hot chocolate, a few cookies and put up the tree. We don't do gifts, so it was a nice night!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #10  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Jana - Way to go on 190!!!

Judy - Oh the munchies at work, I knew how that was this summer interning. You can get past it though, stay on plan, and see those numbers your'e looking for. I'm rooting for ya !!! I'll be home for over a week, I've already planned to run everyday and use resistance bands to replace weights, since I won't have access to a gym. Well maybe, but i'll have to see.

I've also decided to get rid of some "extra weight", refering to a person, who I've realized no longer deserves to be apart of my life given the maltreatment they've shown me and by accepting that i'm just saying to them and the rest of the world i'm not important, not worth very much and anyone can feel free to treat me that way because i'll accept it. Uh, really? I think NOT!

So therefore, cut off! Dn this feels good!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5'9

Hello Ladies!

Wahoo! Exam #3 is done and it went sooo much better than my Orgo exam, so its just one more on Thursday til I can go home, so I'm happy! Wieghed in today at 206, a 1lb loss, which brings me to 20lbs total lost so far. My roommates are all gone for the holiday, its so quiet! I don't know what I'll do for dinner, we've pretty much cleaned out the fridge since I'm the only one here till Thursday so looks like I'll be ordering in. Any suggestions for something that's not too terrible?

suitejudy - I get tempted by all the good stuff too! my roommates baked brownies yesterday, I was pretty proud of myself for only eating one, but I'm fighting the urge to eat the last one they so kindly left for me.

jana- Congrats on 190! You've done a great job so far, keep up the good work!

lovinlife - 2.2 lbs is awesome! Congrats.

Kim- 50 lbs gone! That's a wonderful accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself!

Cat's tongue- Good luck on the last of your exams, I definitely procrastinated this weekend as well, I just couldn't seem to focus at all and then ended up not getting much sleep last night trying to cram. Silly me
Vicque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #12  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

jana 190?! Nice!!!

lovinlife thanks. in 25 hours I'll be starting the first of the last. It is quiet around here... Although it's been busy today.

suitejudy Good luck getting over those munchies. Sounds like you have a good plan. Ugh. I definitely gave into my cravings and had a ginormous cookie. But other than that it's been a good day food wise. Just imagine that number you want on the scale every time you feel a munchie-attack coming on.

lottie That sounds like such a nice little celebration. It's so nice to do things with friends.

kim A whole person gone? Now that's some weight off your back . I hope all is well, I know it can be tough to drop a person out of your life... even if deep inside you know they aren't good for you.

Vicque Congrats on the 20lbs gone!!!! Hmm. I don't have much food around here either. I had an egg, some rice and some frozen green beans for supper. It really depends on what you've got. Thanks for the well wishes on my exams. Same to you.

Ugh. This is my third night alone... And it's the first one where I've begun to feel lonely. I just want these exams to be over and done with. It'll feel so good to get home on friday. See my friends and family.

I think I'll phone some people... so I don't turn to that old friend Food.

I don't feel like studying at all though. I was on campus from 10:15 - 3:50 studying pretty much the entire time... but I still need to do a lot for my micro exam tomorrow.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #13  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi All,
better late than never,
I HAVE to wrap some presents now, we are celibtrating Christmas this week at work, and it is a blast. It really came quick this year or what?

KIM- congrats on loosing that person, i am sure you are making the right decision. I have been there, although I don't know all the details, but I know what an unhealthy friendship is like.

VIC-20 lbs, I can't wait to see what that is like, BE SOOO PROUD OF YOURSELF.

CONGRATS everyone on thier weight loss, we can do it!!! =)~
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

SuiteJudy – Thanks for starting us up! I hear ya about the holiday foods. Way to stop yourself, though – its so easy to just throw up your hands after you’ve caved to the cookies. And one pound isn’t so bad! Just read your second post…I’ve been slipping too and I’m hoping I won’t go careening downward into fat and calorie h*ll. Tracking all my food has been really helpful.

Jana – I’m seeing TOM this week, too. Good times. Sounds like you’re doing so well, though! And the alcohol calories are such a pain. I drank about 1000 cals of wine last night! Yikes!!

LovinLife
– Yay for finishing shopping!! And down 2.2 is GREAT!!! And by the way, IMHO, peanut butter with ANYTHING is delicious (ever try it on carrots?)

Kim Renee – YAAAAAAAAY!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! And, getting rid of a bad relationship takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you made the right decision!!

Cats Tongue – wow I don’t envy your intense week of exams. Good luck and I’ll be glad to hear when you’re done! As for the loneliness, I know what you mean. I remember when I lived with roommates and they would all go, it was kind of creepy in a way.

Jana – So glad to hear about your success! Inspirational!! And I hear ya about the holiday funtime calories. I drank 1000 cals of wine last night at my boyfriend’s office xmas party! Ew.

Lottie – I envy you, not doing gifts. Very smart. I hate the whole gift thing – I think it goes with the territory, being Jewish at Xmas time. I’m such a scrooge. And my poor boyfriend is such a Christmas nerd!!

Vicque – Good luck with those exams!

VixJean -- Christmas seems to come faster and faster every year!

As for me, I'm off track yesterday after the boyfriends xmas party, after which I ended up pretty dang drunk. Today I was nursing a hangover with a pizza, but didn't really eat anything else...good for calories but not really generally healthy. Back to it tomorrow, though, and I'm glad.
Our little kitten is getting cuter every day. She's learned how to meow, finally, which was really cute at first but is now a little annoying!! Mostly really cute, though, let's be honest. The dog has only tried to eat her a few times, and we're hoping we can bring the kitten out of her sequestered room by Christmas.

--Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:53 AM   #15  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats tongue View Post
jana 190?! Nice!!!

lottie That sounds like such a nice little celebration. It's so nice to do things with friends.
Thanks, yeah, it was with my bf and our gf and I definately consider them and a few of my friends and my sister to be my only family. My gparents who raised me, and my mom disagree with my 'lifestyle' so we are not on speaking terms. This will be my first xmas away from home.

Oh well, I'm gonna enjoy being with the people I love, who love me!

lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote