LA Weight Loss - Dec. 17 - Dec. 23 Friends and Losers Thread

Dan2112
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
UP and At 'em ladies...

The start of a new week with some new challenges...

This is my first time to start this thread for real!! (yay me)

Liza... It warms my heart anytime I read or hear someone comment positively about our firefighters and the work we did out there in California.. Thank you!!!

Just an editorial comment - Does anyone find it really funny, or maybe more appropriately, offensive, that we have a huge "PURE WL" add here in our forum and that if you click it, it takes you through the sign up process as if they weren't about to completely collapse?

Anyway, Have a great week.. Let's focus on being POP as we build up to the holiday!!!

Be one with your POP!!!

Katy66
12-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Good morning! Haven't been posting much and have been on plan even less:) Doing okay today though. I've decided that during the holidays I need to take every meal as one small victory and if I manage to stay on plan for an entire day then I've really achieved something.

Sorry to hear about Pure WL for you folks who are with them. Perhaps LA will be back in your market areas?????

aguerin
12-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Good MOrning all.

I am so sorry for all of you that are losing your centers. Please remember that you have the information that you need to make this work and with a little support from this site you can reach your goal.

I sent Suzanne a PM asking about removing the add Dan. I think it is a slap in the face also for those that have lost money to see it here.

Dan2112
12-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Good idea Amy.. I guess I should have thought of that... But at the same time, if it's a paid ad, there may not be much they can do about it...

smjezzy
12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Good morning all! Well while I did well this weekend with the diet I still gained 4 lbs back. I'm sure some of that is water weight as I haven't taken my pills in 2 days because of the schedule I was keeping. I'm hoping all 4 lbs is water though because I really didn't do badly this weekend.

I had the meeting with the trainer and the funny thing is he STILL DIDN'T SHOW MY ANY MACHINES. He showed me how to use the ball, he showed me how to use the stretch bands, he showed me some crunches using the floor mats. Every exercise he showed me I can do at home. I guess he's trying to tell me I don't need to spend the money for they gym membership! I still have the guest pass and will get my son's friend in there with me but what he did show me will work for now. What little I did made me sore so it obviously worked something!

Back to it today. I took my pills so we'll see tomorrow where I stand on the weight and I'm going to go back thru my journal and see if anything jumps out at me that was bad. Have a great POP day.

OH I finally bought some pants that fit and guess what...they are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing. WOOHOO AND I found a shirt 2 sizes smaller than when I started.

aguerin
12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Dan: I was thinking this forum could stick it to them like they have our friends on here. So what if they have paid for it! :devil: What goes around should come around. LOL

JLem311
12-17-2007, 11:59 AM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. lots of stuff going on for me right now. dh is coming home tomorrow. :) i'm so excited! i'm pretty much done packing stuff right now. with the exception of a few clothes, the computers, and some cooking stuff.
i got off work early today--1015am and work til 1145am tomorrow. then i'm off til friday and then i work xmas eve and day and the it's moving day. yikes. it's so bittersweet for me because i know that i need to get back to the kids, but i love it here so much and have to leave many great friends behind. it sucks. :(
but the good news is--i've still been losing. :) lost another pound today and am almost done with the 200's. i can hardly believe it. i've been in the 200's for about 7yrs. mostly the high 200's and when i was pregnant with both kids i was in the low 300's. yikes. so i've come along way and i'm quite pleased. and my leftover weeks will be transferred to my new COD. and actually i haven't been going to the COD as often as i normally do and i'm doing just fine on my own...which is a first for me. but something is different this time around (3rd time around)..i just have the determination and the obsessiveness i guess. and the fact that i look so great, that i don't want to stop!

anyways, i have some errands to run and then i'm off to do something with a friend today.

i'll check back later. have a good day!

ferrarimomof2
12-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Good morning all,

I am getting ready to go WI. I had a good weekend. I even went to a birthday party yesterday that I had to make the cake for and stayed POP. I tell you on top of it being the holiday season we have 4 birthdays in my immediate family. The birthday's start tomorrow with me and then we have one everyday through Thursday. I have already told my family no cake for me. I have asked for a new scale and steamer and I am getting both of them for my birthday. I am so excited. I know I am not supposed to know my presents until tomorrow but I couldn't help it so I dug it out of them.

Katy- You will do just fine. And you are right sometimes each meal is a victory if you stay POP.

Shannon- Don't be a slave to the scale. Your weight will vary but you will loose if you stick to the plan.

I am off to WI. I will check in later and let ya'll know how I did.

amylou7777
12-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Mornin guys! I'm headed off to work, but wanted to stop in and say hi!

Shannon-I'm sure the 4lbs will even themselves out. Regardless of what the scale says, take major pride in the fact that you are buying clothes 2 sizes smaller!?! WOW! Doesn't that feel good?

Jillian-congrats on your losses since all of this stress kicked in. Have a wonderful time with DH! I can't believe you move so soon. Lots of changes!

Amy- let us know what they say about your complaint!

Morning Dan!

Where is Felicia lately?

amylou7777
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi Ferrari-I was posting at the same time! Hope it's good news at w/i!

And I forgot to say hi to Katy! I've missed ya! I agree-it's a tough time to be obssessing about being on plan. I'm trying to lose and be good now so I can relax on xmas. You are so close to being in onederland!! Keep us posted!

JLem311
12-17-2007, 12:14 PM
amy--i love the new pic! you look amazing!

smjezzy
12-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Jillian - WTG on the weight. Tell me what onederland is like, it's been so long I've forgotten. I can hear it calling my name though.... Glad dh is coming home. Congrats!

Amylou - it feels WONDERFUL. although wearing clothes that fit is going to take some getting used to! I've been swimming around in those old pants since May. I'm not sure I like the feeling of things actually touching my skin though!! I'm sure I'll get over it. ;)

JerseyMadchen
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Jillian- congrats on the loss! I am so motivated, I can hear onederland calling me too! I cannot wait! I am so happy your DH is coming home tomorrow! I get to see my BF only on weekends, so I can kind of understand....

Well, I just finished one final, which was two essays. Honestly, it wasn't enough time. ARGH! I think essays are harder too... Oh well, it's DONE! Three classes down now!

I have to go to unemployment today to get a waiver for my spring tuition. Hopefully.

Good luck to all, stay POP! Oh, and Christmas is a week from tomorrow!!!!!

cecil
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Dan - glad your party went well. Sound like you had a great time! With a lot of good company!
Amy - What a good deal on the scale! Sounds like you have pulled your self right back into the routine! Glad you didn't let the COD closing get you down!
Dionne - WTG on staying on plan! What great birthday presents! Hope you have a great birthday!
Shannon- Congrats on the new size! That feels great!
Amylou- Like the new pic! What a cute pup!
Well as for me I definately did not have a POP weekend. Too much temptation. I stayed as close as possible and just a had a bite hear and there of the bad stuff. I haven't WI since Thursday, I am scared! Ha ha!
Have a great POP day!

BarbaraB
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Shannon, My weight always blips up when I start working out. It is always water that comes back off in a bit. Hey even if it is stuff you can do at home, going to the gym gives me the focus to do it. At home I get too distracted by all sorts of other things. Great that you bought some clothes that fit. I found that those were the times when other people noticed I had lost weight.

Jillian, How exciting. To be getting almost to onederland and having your DH back home. Finally some things to smile big about.

I had not the best weekend eating wise. Not horrible... but Friday night I sent my DH to get dinner on his way home from work (all I said is I wanted a hamburger, which you'd think he'd know by now that means just the hamburger, but no, he got fries and a shake) so it was there so I ate it and so I felt guilty the rest of the weekend for doing so. So I'm going to try to eat light for a few days here.

michie
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
i just started using fitday.com and though it is a little confusing at first (i still don't fully understand), it is really cool to see everything you're eating and how it plays into your diet. i read about it in another thread... forgot who mentioned it, but thank you! it's pretty sweet!

after my failed TO attempt i think i am just going to stick to my plan for now and keep exercising. i have been less than motivated because i haven't seen much loss but it isn't just going to magically happen.... so i better deal with it! i guess i just thought la weightloss was the magic i was looking for, but apparently i have to work my own magic as well. and that is a-okay with me!

hopefully my avatar worked... i bought the cutest, smallest xmas tree last night and it smells so wonderful! i love xmas! the tree's name is charlie brown.... because it's bald in some places. :)

you all have been such a huge motivation for me, thank you again! have an awesome week!

(oh btw i am going in today to WI... wish me luck!)

Mama Nicole
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Hello everyone :)
It is wayyyy tooo quiet here. My New Year's resolution is going to be to check in here daily!!!!
I hope all is well with everyone :) It is such a busy time of the year. Me? I am just trying to unbury my house. My housework REALLY suffers when I am gone running errands and shopping.......and really, that is all I feel ike I have done lately :) I started wrapping some gifts this a.m. I love making pretty packages. DH just laughs at me :)

Ok, must get back to work.....but wanted to say hello! Keep working hard everyone :)
XOXO

sscott
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey guys! I haven't been on much for awhile. I have been trying to read up on the happenings. Welcome to all you new people. You've come to the right place :) It sounds as if everyone is super busy. I was able to finish most of my Christmas shopping this weekend, so that feels great. My husband and I decided to buy gift for a family in need at my school again this year, so that is all I have left to do. We really enjoy doing that and plan to make it a yearly tradition as our kids get older.

I am doing another TO today and tomorrow. My in-laws are coming at the end of the week so I am trying to keep focused. I odn't really mind doing the orange version of a TO. My problem this time is that I am fighting a bad cold and I don't really want to eat much of anything. All I have eaten today is 2 oranges, coffee, and diet Coke. Maybe not the best choices. I will make sure I get a better supper!

Thank you also for all your kind words in regards to my sisters miscarriage. She is doing a little better, but time will be the best healer for her. On a positive note, my brother got back this weekend from army basic training in Fort Benning, Georgia. It was so great to see him! It is amazing how someone can change in a few months! I left my daughter home with him and his girlfriend today. We'll see how they survive!

Well, enough with the babbling (can you tell I'm a talker :) ) I hope you all are enjoying your Monday! Talk with you soon!

BarbaraB
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Michie, LAWL is magic, it is just magic that it takes awhile to work!

Well, I know I had wildly optimistic expectations about how I would just drop tons of weight immediately, but now on the other side, I see how unimportant it is that it happened quickly as really a year or two from now it won't matter that you lost at 1 or 2 pounds a week, which right now probably seems like such a huge deal. The important thing is to make changes that stick so the weight stays gone and you get to live thinner for the rest of your life. That is the magic.

Julzanne72
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Good afternoon to everyone!! seems as though everyone is very busy. My goal is to get on and post daily and read all of the posts to keep me inspired. I WI on Saturday and was down another pound. so that is 7.8-in my first 2 wks, which I am very happy with. I really would prefer that it take a bit longer to drop the weight so I have the tools to learn to maintain once I lose as opposed to losing quickly just to gain it back-been there, done that, not doing it anymore. I am in wk 3 and feeling really good-I started working out last week and just feel like I finally am confident that I will get to my goal! I even went out for dinner at REd Robin w/ my DH on Saturday and had a turkey burger and a salad!! Yay me! This weekend, Saturday, is my first Christmas-I am going to bring some food and try my best to stay on track, no overload w/ junkfood. I am not going to fool myself into thinking that I will not stray at all, I think that just sets me up for disappointment. My goal is to eat as well as I can an not feel guilty if I am not perfect....:)

ferrarimomof2
12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone,

I just got back from WI and shopping. I stayed the same weight. But that is okay, I will surely have lost something by the next WI. Well, I better go wrap presents. I'll check in later.

cecil
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Julz- I like your way of thinking. Do as well as you can and don't beat your self up. Gosh I didn't realize that the holiday's were going to be so tough! I am definately not liking it. Can't wait for the Holiday temptation to be done with!

Killjoy
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Sounds like everybody is doing well in spite of the season. It's definitely harder this time of year, isn't it?

I went to WI today and was down three total but really only two as I had gone up a pound late last week. It's hard to stay motivated to exercise when it's so bitterly cold outside. I have temporarily forsaken the gym for working out at home so at least I'm getting some exercise. I'm still hoping to make my New Year's goal.

Good luck everyone, keep at it!

KJ

Dan2112
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey gang...

Shannon... Don't worry about hitting the machines.. Anyone can hit the machines, but what your trainer is doing is teaching you how to use your body in a way that will meet your goals... It was a couple of lessons before we hit the machines, basing those workouts on what we did with the exercise balls and stretch bands...

He took time out to show me people using the machines and how they tended to isolate on only one or two muscle groups at a time.. By the time I hit the machines, I was using the ones that focused on multiple muscle groups in the arms and legs at the same time.

And you're right, a lot of the stuff he's going to show you is stuff you can do at home.. The catch is, however, "Will you do them at home??"... I use the gym as a way to focus my energy toward the task at hand.. At home, there are too many distractions...

SALT POLICE ALERT!!!!
Some of you newbies don't know me as the "LAWL Salt Police".. For a long time around here, I got into everyone's business about their salt intake... Well, look out, here I come....

I got done early today after an afternoon meeting was canceled.. So not wanting to waste time by driving an hour up to the office, I came home.. Flipped on the tube and turned to the "You are what you eat" show on BBC America.. The current episode shows a heavy lady who eats a LOT of veggies from the can and not enough water...

It cannot be stressed enough that veggies from a can contain a LOT of salt. Tons of it in fact... The point is that you can get almost any kind of veggie fresh or frozen, that you can get in a can.. So you can't rely on eating a lot of canned stuff to help you with the diet... If you must eat canned, be sure to drain it, and flush it with fresh water several times to reduce the amount of salt you're intaking. There are also lower sodium varieties out there for several canned veggies...

Now.. Go forth and salt no more...

Killjoy
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Dan, I hear you with regard to sodium and salt. It's kind of a focus of mine as well these days. It's almost impossible to eat any sort of fast food without ingesting a load of salt in the process. The other thing that is really high in sodium that was a shock to me were canned soups. A cup of most of these soups is over 800 mg. Yikes!

I love that BBC show you mentioned. Gillian McKeith doesn't pull any punches, she lays it right out for those people. I haven't seen it in a while now, it's sort of disappeared from sight up here. I'm hoping it returns as it is educational to watch.

KJ

BarbaraB
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Dan, Somehow I've missed the salt lectures! I do still buy tomatoes in the can, since it is just not the same when you use the fresh ones (which can be good or bad depending on what you are going for in a dish). Anyway, I've found some that aren't so horrible in the salt department (the ones that say organic often have less salt also so I feel better about them a couple of ways). I use the diced canned tomatoes with ground turkey and some spices and some spaghetti squash and it is so good (spaghetti squash counts as a veggie and so do the diced tomatoes). Best dinner ever with no starches at all. As some days I have a lot of day left at the end of my starch.

smjezzy
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
That's exactly what he said Dan. He stressed building the core with what he showed me and then when I can do those things without being unsteady then the machines are good for targeting specific areas. Whatever he did is hitting me more and more as the day goes on. I feel like someone just hit me in the stomach from those crunches. Sheesh. As far as the "will I" at home, probably not. I have done the BL workout tape once. All good intentions............ I am going to go home tonight and walk the dogs for my cardio and then make the effort to stop at the gym tomorrow after work and do what he showed me.

I have really missed Captain Sodium, I'm glad you're bringing him back. :D

Ternoway
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I have made some very bad choices this weekend and have definately NOT been POP. I hope I haven't blown things too badly. The wort part is now that I've been snacking on baked goods I can't stop craving the sugar. I'm like a crack addict who needs a fix!!! I'm pacing in front of my Christmas baking trying to talk myself out of just one and I haven't done a great job of that either! YIKES!

KrispieD
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
News alert... Salty Dan is on the prowl.. hide your sodium!
Hello everyone.. there are SO many new names I can't even keep track but welcome.
To the oldies.. a hello to Shannon, Nicole, Katies, Karen, Kims, Wendys, Barbs (it's so much easier that you are all plurals!) Dan and Lizzy, Aunt Joni, Jillian, Lettie.. the list goes on and on!
I hope you are all doing well. It has been busy for us lately so sorry for the lack of communications! We are excited about the holidays as the girls are 4 and 3 this year so very into the spirit of the season. My hubby has to go play Santa at their school on Friday so is working hard ot make sure they don't recognize him!
I've been doing well but the past month has taken a social toll on the waistline..after a year of living on plan it was easy to slip a bit. I'm over my goal by about 10lbs but want to enjoy the holidays a bit and I am more excited than ever about January 2nd when I have the promise of a new year to get back on track. I am committed and excited about getting back to basics, home cooked meals and less cocktails!
I hope you are all doing well with your socializing and mayhem of the holidays. Now that it has slowed down I hope to be on more again to keep tabs on all of you.
Keep up the great work and here is to a great, safe and happy holiday for everyone!

Tuesday Cool
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Shannon, when you start working out your body will retain some water to help flush out the build up lactic acids. Eventually your body will get used to the exercise, become healthier and produce less by-products. What is important is to not try to do too much too soon. Your trainer has it right, start slow, build up and you will see better results. everything you do today for weight loss needs to be maintainable in the future. We are changing the way we live our lives. We now eat less and exercise ,ore. Not starve and obsessively exercise.

Dan2112
12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
More on salt..

It it unavoidable in our daily diet.. Salt IS necessary for our bodies to function.. HOWEVER.. Things like fast foods, soups, canned veggies, etc.. All contain way more than we need while we're dieting..

Barbara - Delmonte makes a very good low sodium canned tomato.. I think it has 50 mgs or something like that. I use them when I make Italian fish or salsa... There are also several brands of very low sodium spaghetti sauce that I suppliment with a dash of "NoSalt" brand sodium alternative..

Another HUGE offender are processed foods and meats.. It's so important to avoid as much processed stuff like lunchmeats and cheeses. "Boars Head" brand makes a very low sodium roast beef (50 mgs) and lower sodium turkey breast (can't remember the amount, but it's lower than the other deli stuff). Both taste GREAT!!!

On working out.. Shannon.. It sounds like we have the same PT.. Working on strengthening the core improves every aspect of the workout and keeps you from getting hurt! Also, if he hasn't recommended it, try to jump rope between workout routines.. It keeps your heart rate up and negates the need for the boring treadmill.. During the majority of my weight loss period, the only working out I did was walking.. It's great for you and it's much easier on the joints.. As for jumping rope, I'd do 100, 75 and then two sets of 50 inbetween ball training or machines... Talk about a cardio workout!!!

Oh.. One more word about salt.. I haven't seen it mentioned much lately and as we have a lot of newbies... Drink plenty of water with lemon.. Fresh lemon in hot water really helps flush uneeded salt from your system and helps keep down the water weight...

Also for you newbies... After you cut your salt intake down, you will eventually begin to notice how SALLLLLLTY stuff tastes without anything added.. About 2 months into the plan, I had a McDonald's burger as a carb craver and it was SO salty, I almost couldn't finish eating it.. And to think I used to ADD salt to my Micky D's... Bleagh!!

amylou7777
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Dan, it's so funny that you chose today to get on the anti salt soapbox! I had a turkey sandwich for lunch yesterday. I made it at home from the turkey meat I buy to make by dbfs sandwiches. I could NOT eat it, it tasted SO salty. I had to throw half of it away. It's so funny how we get accustomed to it when we eat salty food all the time.

Like Barb, I haven't switched over to low sodium canned tomatoes. I use them quite often for sauces. I'm going to make an effort to look for it at the store next time around.

Today was a loooooong day at work. I was greeted by my supervisor who handed me a tin of "spritz" shortbread cookies. AGHHH! I had one (so good!) and then walked the tin out to my car. I was so proud. Of course by the time I got out of the office, about 2 hours later than usual, I was starving and proceeded to eat a handful of the lil buggars on my drive home! I should have put them in the trunk! Oh well, I w/i for my "official" home w/i tomorrow, so we'll see how I do.

Nicole-thanks for poking your head in! Can't wait til the new year when you're really back!

Kristen-cute pic of the girls! Good luck with the remainder of the holiday season. I know it's so hard to resist those cocktails!

Jillian- have fun with DH! Thanks for the compliment!

Amy-good luck with the rest of your finals!

Felicia-are you out there? Kimberly?

A big hello to everyone else! Hope everyone is taking the time to slow down and remember what the holidays are really about for them!

Repo girl
12-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey everyone, long time no see! I was reading about all of the Pure centers closing and I wanted to tell all of you how sorry I was to see that. Stick close to 3FC, though, and you can do this!

Happy holidays everyone!!!

amylou7777
12-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi Katie! So good to see your post. How are you doing??????

Repo girl
12-18-2007, 02:21 AM
Good, busy. Look at you with your 45 lb loss. Great job!

My sisters and I have recently opened a clinic called "Healing Hands Reiki and Massage Therapy". I am a Reiki practicioner, plus I do medical intuitive readings for clients. I am still working my day job during the week, then working at our clinic on Saturdays. It is keeping me really busy, but I love the way we can help people. Anyways, I am still around, just trying to keep my head above water.

michie
12-18-2007, 02:44 AM
oh boy... i was so worried when i went in today to WI.. thought i was going to be up again but i wasn't! i was down 4 pounds! i am so happy because i thought maybe this wasn't working or something.... but clearly it is!

i had such a POP day! i really felt like i was getting in all of my foods and i felt full all day and it was great! so hopefully i can keep this up so i can feel my best by xmas. maybe??? we will see!

mamato2girls
12-18-2007, 03:06 AM
Hello ladies...and Dan!! I see lots of new faces, but I also see many familiar (and SLIMMER) faces. Sorry I have been MIA, and I don't really have a good excuse. I'm back now because I can see my old habits slowly coming back. Fast food, peppermint mochas (I love them too, Dan!!), ice cream, too many starches and not enough fruits and veggies, egg nog...the list goes on and on. :( I decided I better jump on this fantastic board and get some inspiration before I totally spiral out of control.

I had dipped into the 120's when I last visited here (something I NEVER thought I'd see again), but now I've creeped back in the 130's. I keep telling myself it's just a few pounds, but I know from experience that if I don't reign things in now, I'll be back where I started. A lot of my bad eating is stress eating, I must admit. My mom had surgery on her neck in late October to treat cervical spinal stenosis, and is just now getting back to normal. She was the main caregiver to my youngest and also kept my oldest after school. Thankfully, I have a VERY flexible job and have been able to work at home pretty much full time since then, so that I can keep my oldest after school. And my wonderful MIL has been keeping the youngest for me. (Yes, I said wonderful and MIL in the same sentence. LOL!!) And then in late November, my oldest had her tonsils and adenoids removed. That wouldn't have been too, too bad, but she had a horrible virus the week before the surgery, and then my DH and youngest daughter were sick with the same virus while my oldest was recovering from surgery. It has NOT been fun around here!! I'm just hoping we can all stay healthy through the holidays!!

Anyway, thanks for listening, and I look forward to getting to know the newbies. Hello to Nicole, Dan, Felicia, Jillian, Kristen, Lizzy, Katy, Kim, and many others I'm sure I missed.

dolphn545
12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Just poppin in for a quick hello. Will check back in later.

I hope everyone has a great POP day. Stay warm! :cheers:

JerseyMadchen
12-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Good morning guys!

Just wanted to stop in and say a quick hello! I am off to the unemployment office to see about a tuition waiver for the spring semester. It would be such a blessing! $6000 in loans I wouldn't have to take!

Here's to a POP day!

I'm going to start a WI thread... I would have went to COD to weigh in today.

Mama Nicole
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Hip hip, hoooray!!! Kristen, Katie, and Wendy in one day!!! I knew I shoudl have gotten on here last night. I was a crochetting fool and just couldn't tear myself away!!! It is sooo good to see you oldbies!!!

Katie......congrats on your new business. It sounds very uplifiting. I really missed you!!!

Kristen.......did you see our boy wonder break Dan Marino's record on Sunday? (sorry Kimphin). It was just beautiful!!!! The girls look adorable :)

Wendy........you are really doing well, even if you are up a few. Dang girl.......you should be proud if you have stuck in the 130's.....but I must admit......for completely selfish reasons, I am pretty glad you are back here with us!!!

Hello eveyone...................I am sorry my personals are done for now, DS just woke up and needs some snuggle time :) I will check back later :)
XOXO

Dan2112
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Mornin' ladies.. Welcome back Katie, Kristen and Wendy!!! (and you too Nicole! :lol:)

No major words of wisdom today, as my salty soap box yesterday was surely enough for you all to deal with for a while..

Just be good!

Katy66
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Good morning! Things are just so crazy at work and home with all the stuff going on for the holidays. I'm sure everyone is feeling the same way...

Did okay with my eating yesterday UNTIL our department dinner at La Paz and I was bad....very bad. That was the first time I had Mexican food since I started this thing back in February .... and of course the two Corona's didn't help either. Yikes! I've been trying to drink lots of water today.

Love the new picture Amylou!

Dan, thanks for the salt lecture...I think we need a reminder occasionally.

Welcome to all the new folks and welcome back to the faces from the past:)

Have a great day!

aguerin
12-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Good Morning all.

Not much going on for me at work so it is slow, but hey, you can't take off any extra for the Holiday! What? Thats right. What a bummer.

Anyway, my goal for the Holiday season is just to stay in the neighborhood of my weight, cause I am going to eat on the 24th and 25th. Thats just a given.

Then my next goal is to kick the Luna Bar habit. I have enough to last me about another week. But lets face it, $60.00 a month for snack bars is ridiculous. I guess that will move me to the #3 plan since I am currently on #2. I think I can live with that.

Katie what is Reiki? I have never heard of it, but good luck on your new adventure.

Dan2112
12-18-2007, 12:31 PM
$60 a month!!?? Wow! That's a lot..

Maybe you should switch to something cheaper.. The South Beach cereal bars are packed with good stuff and I think they're a lot cheaper by comparison.

Lynx
12-18-2007, 12:53 PM
$60 a month!!?? Wow! That's a lot..

Maybe you should switch to something cheaper.. The South Beach cereal bars are packed with good stuff and I think they're a lot cheaper by comparison.

I agree with you Dan. I have been using the South Beach cereal bars for about 2 months now. They are 140 calories and lower in sugar and carbohydrates. Slightly lower in fiber, but slightly higher in fat and protein. I can usually get a box of 5 for $4.99 and often they are on sale or I have a coupon. I use 1 a day and since I still have LAWL lites left to use up I have been having either a lite shake or a lite hot cocoa as my second lite. I especially love the peanut butter flavor.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

JerseyMadchen
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Amy,

You can get bars on eBay pretty cheap too.... just an FYI.

Lynx
12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh by the way, Dan. I personally have missed your salt lectures. Get back on your "salt box". It sure helps weight loss to keep your sodium intake very low. :cp:

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

aguerin
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Dan/Lynn: The Luna bars are $.98 a piece and at 2 per day and 30 per month it is $60.00 per month. I haven't seen anything cheaper than that on any of the bars at any of the sites (ebay, amazon, etc.). I just think its time to wean myself off of them and put that money to use else where.

Mama Nicole
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
"The salt police, they live inside of head.....the salt police, they come to me in my bed........The salt police they're comming to arrest me....... :lol:

Mama Nicole
12-18-2007, 01:53 PM
oh, and Amy and Amylou.....LOVE the new avatars. I will try to get a new one over this holidat season :)

BarbaraB
12-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Amy, One counselor told me that on maintenance you should try cut back to one bar a day anyway. So maybe you could cut down to one for awhile and then none. Actually they recommended cutting out one bar to try to lose weight, so maybe after the start of the year you could try that and see if you can't get those last few pounds to move (or to take off whatever damage is done on the 24th and 25th).

I just ate lunch room junk... I feel so weak for eating it... PMS and the availablility of chocolate raspberry truffles... not a good combination... Oh well... just count the damage and try to get back on track just this minute...
It was just about 3 bites full, I should stop thinking it will cause massive weight gain. My DH cooked last night and it was sooooo salty, so I already feel swollen and fat today... I think a dinner of HLW might make me feel better...

Wendy, Good to see you back! You are doing good even if it is a few pounds. I think we will be up and down a few pounds all the rest of our lives if we successfully manage our weight, so step back in and take back control. I too have fallen victim to the lure of the peppermint mocha a time or two.

Kristen, At least you haven't been frequenting DQ and consuming those drinks that we are not allowed to mention.

Dan, My DH needs a lecture from the salt police!

Dan2112
12-18-2007, 03:56 PM
It's simple Barb.. Remove the salt from the house... Substitute regular for Morton's Lite, NoSalt or AlsoSalt...

I used to use a ton of kosher/sea salt in my cooking and it was VERY hard to break the habit... I took my ques from Emril and Alton about over seasoning everything...

cecil
12-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Omg! I love the new pic DAN! Too funny!

mamato2girls
12-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the words of welcome!! And, Dan, I am loving the new avatar. That's another way I've fallen off the wagon; I'm ingesting too much salt and not enough water. I think part of my problem is bloating. I guess I need to start the hot lemon water habit back up.

I'll have to try the South Beach bars. I weaned myself down to one Lite when I was doing Maintenance like I should. Oh, and did I mention that I haven't been to my COD in a few MONTHS for my weekly maintenance WI? They finally quit calling me about a month ago. I know, shame on me. Anyway, back to the bars... I refused to buy any more Lites after I ran out because I didn't like the new formula. So, I tried substituting Lunas for a while because I just HAD to have something in the late afternoon. But, for some reason Lunas made me break out whereas the Lites did not. :( I think that's another place I'm failing; I miss my afternoon bar, so I end up eating something NOT good for me. Guess I need to find something to substitute!

Katy66
12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
:joker::rofl:Dan - the new avatar is just too funny

JerseyMadchen
12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Ok, so a few things.... on the subject of hot lemon water... how much of each? I remember this was discussed a few months ago, but there are so many threads, it's impossible to find it. If someone wouldn't mind just throwing it out there...

I started a weekly menu thread too. If you guys are to be my new COD, I need to report food as well.

I cannot wait for the Biggest Loser finale tonight! I just caught up online with 2 minute videos what I have been mising! It's SO inspirational!

Nice pic Dan....

I have to laugh at the whole salt thing. I am not a salter at all, I can totally pass on it. My BF LOVES it. It's so bad, he puts it on EVERYTHING. The only god thing (actually very selfish of me) is that if we're out to eat and he orders something tempting like nachos, I allow him to salt away-- that way I am not tempted.

We're planning on getting married within a year, and when he lives with me, he's cutting back, BELIEVE me. He salts and ketchups everything. I chalk it up to the fact that he pretty much raised himself, his mom and dad worked. He ate Mac and cheese and basically JUNK his whole likfe. THis is his only way of flavoring anything. I get so upset. I don't like cooking homemade meals all the time (I was lucky to have a stay at home mom who cooks AMAZINGly) for him to desecrate all over them with SALT and KETCHUP!

Sorry for the rant....

Hope everyone's having a GREAT day! I canot believe Christmas is a week from TODAY!

dolphn545
12-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Dan - love the new avator. You are too funny. I (try) not to add salt. I don't even use the morton lite salt. But I do eat canned veggies on occassion ...

KrispieD
12-18-2007, 06:39 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm Dairy Queen.. do they have any holiday Blizzards I don't know about or are you all keeping me in the dark????

Dan2112
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Sherry, the one thing to remember is that we do need to get potassium, so using the lite salt or NoSalt is a good way to do that... Salt by itself isn't bad, it's the overindulgence we've all gotten used to...

dolphn545
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Dan - that's one thing my COD was always saying to me about the mortons, and the potassium. I have a tendency to retain fluid in my ankles -- some days are +3 pitting edema. (part due to being on my feet all day, but not always)

amylou7777
12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi guys!

Dan- LOVE it!

Just a quick check in! Hope you all had a great tuesday. I went over on my dairy today but am trying to get everything else right! I have one more week to see 239. the scale keeps waivering so I actually have some hope.....I hate not having the COD scale to go by, I'll let ya know.

I'm also excited for TBL! I don't know who I'm rooting for bc I actually like every single person who made it to the finale! I would like to see a woman win...I like Isabeau just bc we are the same height with similar start weights so I find her inspiring! Can't wait to see what they look like.

Anway-better get some dinner in!

Anyone heard from Felicia??

Wendy-good to see you!! Stick around girl, you'll get back to that magic number!

Tina-you around girly?

dolphn545
12-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Just a quick check in before I finish getting ready for work.

We are having our gift exchange at work today, and who knows what kind of food/goodies. My plan for today is to just try my best to stay POP, make the best choices with what is offered, and drink extra water. If I maintain, and not gain, I will be happy.

Our "official" holiday party for everybody is on 1/4/08. I already know I will be having the steak dinner, and since I have to work the day after, I won't be able to drink too much! ;)

Hope everyone has a great POP day!! :cheers:

Joni135
12-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi all - a quick fly by. I probably haven't checked this thread in a couple weeks and was thrilled to see Kristen, Katie, Nicole, Dan, Amy, Shannon, Barb and a few others still lurking about. Jillian - good luck with your move! Kristen - hope DH is able to pull off being Santa -- your girls look rather bright and may just give away his identity! Nicole - I did crazy girl wrapping and my packages look like doo-doo. I still need stuff to the post office and I dread that trip!

To everyone, have a great holiday. I'll be spending Christmas with DH and my MIL (she is going on her 5th week in the hospital and we are praying for miracles right about now) ... hopefully I'll be around more once life settles down..please someone tell me that things will settle down!!

Jrny2aNewMe
12-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Good morning all!

I haven't had much time to come out and play lately as it has been crazy, crazy at work and with trying to get ready for Christmas, spare time has been at a premium.

Looks like everybody has been working hard while I've been gone - you are all looking fantastic!

The house is going to be quiet for the next few days as DD is gong to Banff with her father until Sunday. Oh well, at least I still have my dog to keep me company!

I note that there are a few of you who have loved ones that are in hospital or sick at this time, I am praying for a speedy recovery for them all. Keep well yourselves.

Julzanne72
12-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Good morning to all-just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I have had a great week so far-I have worked out every morning before work and at my WI today I hit my New Years goal with a week to spare:) Yay me!! Time to set a new goal I guess. Maybe another 8 lbs by my DH Christmas party on 01/12/08????? I am feeling great and really been POP from the time I started. Saturday may be a challenge, our first christmas party w/ the in laws. But my MIL is doing LAWL so I am hoping we can help each other stay on track!!!!

bradleys mom
12-19-2007, 12:14 PM
OMG DAN! I am LMBO at your avatar!!! I'm getting ready to go cook for the rest of this week, and that image is burned into my retinas!!!!

smjezzy
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm Dairy Queen.. do they have any holiday Blizzards I don't know about or are you all keeping me in the dark????

It's a conspiracy and we're all keeping you in the dark. Last meeting it was decided to tell you that DQ has stopped selling the "b" words. Don't even worry about driving by to see if they have a Yule Flip Peppermint holiday blizzard, they don't, it doesn't exist. Oh, and stay away from salt too. How's that Dan? Can I be deputized now?

bayoubelle68
12-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey, guys. I'm here and have been lurking, but I've been up to my eyeballs in print orders - lots of Christmas cards and stationery gifts. I'm so tired of folding notecards!! On top of that, my students have been appropriately crazy this week. I totally expect them to be that way. They're so excited about Christmas - as they should be. It's just up to me to keep them as busy as possible to keep them out of trouble. Tomorrow morning, I'm bringing in a big screen, projector, and speaker and we're watching "The Polar Express." It's always a big treat for my class. The speaker makes the floor shake when the train rumbles through! I've requested the school's popcorn machine so they can have popcorn and I'm making hot chocolate, too. In the afternoon, we will have our party and I've ordered pizza as part of my gift to them. They're all excited and are bringing treats to share. I've bought them each a book to read and a new pack of markers since they have all pretty much used up the markers they brought at the beginning of the year. I love this time of year in class!

I dreaded going to WI today because I've been half-butting everything. I haven't been drinking my water, haven't been cooking enough, been sneaking nibbles of sweet stuff from the teachers' lounge, have skipped lots of meals because I was just too busy. Thank goodness, I still lost .4 this morning! I'm determined to get back on track.

We got a nice Christmas gift from the school board yesterday when it was announced that we will observe a half-day on Friday and will be finished at noon. I need that time!! I'm nearly done with shopping, but need to get some cooking done before we go to visit our parents on Christmas Day.

Last night, DD asked if Santa will come to her room and watch her sleeping. When I told her I didn't know, she said, "I'm going to stay up and catch him!" When I asked why, her little eyes twinkled and she said, "To keep him for my very own!" I told her that that would be sad because then all the other boys and girls wouldn't get their toys. She was quiet for a second and then her eyes lit up and she said, "Then I get ALL the toys??" She cracks me up!

Dan2112
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM
OMG DAN! I am LMBO at your avatar!!! I'm getting ready to go cook for the rest of this week, and that image is burned into my retinas!!!!

I should make it available as one of those motivational posters.. :lol:

Busy day for me today, so just time to stop in and say hi...

Joni - Don't be a stranger!!!

bayoubelle68
12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Have to tell you guys this:

I gave the kids Christmas spelling & vocabulary words this week and we were going over a page where they had to write how many syllables each one had. One little boy wrote that “elves” has 2 syllables. When I told him to look again, he insisted that he was right. Finally, I had him put his hand under his chin to feel the movement when he spoke the word and I said, “Okay, say it.”

And he said...

“ELVIS!”

It made my day!

BarbaraB
12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Dan, My DH just used the salt laced taco seasoning (and plenty of it). He was so proud of himself for actually making dinner, I just ate it. So I was puffy for a day. Worth it to see him smile.

I'm back to my long record of resisting the junk in the lunch room. Although I almost weakened for the thin mint cookies. Looked amazing, but really there is a whole box of them in there (from some HUGE food basket that has every treat that you can imagine in it). Apparently someone felt we needed major Christmas treats here. I was weak yesterday and today I'm trying to tell myself that all the best stuff has already been eaten and I don't need to waste calories on the dregs.

Kristen, I did see an ad for a blizzard that seemed rather like the high calorie cousin of the peppermint mocha. We have a chain here in Oregon called Burgerville that does seasonal shakes and their slightly less deadly versions the smoothie. They make eggnog and chocolate peppermint ones and my DH came home Friday night with one for me... oh my gosh... so good... I tried to resist it, but it was sitting there melting...

Oh no... our free lunch is delayed.. I was starved at 11 and now they aren't bringing lunch until 1... another hour... with all that junk in the lunch room... Oh no..... I think I will drink about a gallon of water and see if that helps me.

Julzanne72
12-19-2007, 04:09 PM
WE had a company Christmas luncheon today and I decided that I would stick to my planned meals. They were serving prime rib, cheesy potatoes, etc...and since I am still in my first month of the program-NO RED MEAT for me. Not that I care, as I am a poultry lover anyway!! But I just decided that I needed to stay out of the cafeteria and the break rooms:) Out of sight, out of mind...!!!

BarbaraB
12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Julzanne, great for you! Stick to your guns. The water and eating my bar early got me through. Plus I got in about half of my water for the day while waiting for lunch. I've got to get better about drinking my water, as I think that is why I'm being super sensitive to salt lately.

Dan, perhaps we need a sign that says step away from the cookies and blizzards too.

Dan2112
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Way to Julz! That's a great NSV... The food may have tasted good going down, but you would probably feel rotten afterward.. Now, as your coworkers are sleepy and stuffed to the gills, you have the knowledge that you made the best choice possible and while it may seem like a small thing, these little victories are more important that some of us may think.. It's a sign that food doesn't rule us anymore!!!

As for the Blizzards and cookies, Barb.. I think about all I can handle policing is salt... Someone else can take the over the sweets!

KrispieD
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
It's a conspiracy and we're all keeping you in the dark. Last meeting it was decided to tell you that DQ has stopped selling the "b" words. Don't even worry about driving by to see if they have a Yule Flip Peppermint holiday blizzard, they don't, it doesn't exist. Oh, and stay away from salt too. How's that Dan? Can I be deputized now?

Yule Flip?? I have to order it just for the name.. Dairy Queen has likely dropped major points in the stock market since I am no longer pregnant and then joined LAWL.. but just a bite perhaps.. maybe a lick.. perhaps I could walk behind someone that orders one and see if drop falls of their spoon!
Shannon quick.. come and tie me to the house.. I may snap!:dizzy:

KrispieD
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=BarbaraB;1965374]Kristen, I did see an ad for a blizzard that seemed rather like the high calorie cousin of the peppermint mocha. We have a chain here in Oregon called Burgerville that does seasonal shakes and their slightly less deadly versions the smoothie. They make eggnog and chocolate peppermint ones and my DH came home Friday night with one for me... oh my gosh... so good... I tried to resist it, but it was sitting there melting...QUOTE]

Umm Shannon don't worry about me.. I'm on my way to Oregon.. for something.. Xmas shopping.. actually Barb just called and she really needs me.. Barb I'll meet you at Burgerville!

BarbaraB
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Kristin, The Burgerville Ads do say it is where you go when you know... My daughter worked there last year during Christmas and I didn't have a single one of their fantastic shakes or smoothies, but this year.. I have had both the chocolate peppermint smoothie and the eggnog one and I have committed to a few extra sessions with my elliptical trainer. I've done the crime and now I have to do the time... but you know... sometimes it is just worth it.

Dan, I understand. Salt is your passion.

Dan2112
12-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Not so much a passion, but an addiction.. While I was blessed not to have a sweet tooth, I've been cursed with a salt tooth.. The only way to counteract it is to get "extreme" about it!!

pjbeau
12-20-2007, 12:06 AM
:wave::wave: Well, since so many of my old pals are checking back in...I guess I will too. It's actually funny because I haven't even lurked on these boards in months (too embarrassed), but then decided to look a little tonight and find that several others are checking back in too. Good...we will need each other to get back on track.

So here's the update, the last few months have not been fun for us at all. Wendy, I certainly know where you're coming from. In September, my DH fell from a ladder and broke his hip. Needed surgery to put rods and screws in place to repair the bones. That went well, but the day after surgery he had a pulmonary embolism and nearly left me for good. I've never been so frightened. He spent about a week in ICU with more procedures and medications to bust the clots that had moved into his lungs. He was lucky and everything turned out well. Total he was in the hospital and rehab for 3 weeks. While it was a stressful and difficult time, he is recovering well now and hopefully will go back to work in January. :cp:

Some of you may remember me talking about my FIL back in the Spring when he was diagnosed with cancer again. Well, he passed the week of Thanksgiving. Poor fella fought long and hard, but just wasn't strong enough anymore. :(

So...I think it's needless to say, but I have certainly not been watching what I eat. Unless you count nearly everything in sight as watching it. ;)
I am determined to get myself back on track. Our 25th anniversary is in September and I want to look good! :whoo:

I think getting back on these boards and being able to talk to everyone who understands the struggles, will help me tremendously. I'm so glad to "see" familiar faces and look forward to getting to know everyone else.

Talk to you soon...

Mama Nicole
12-20-2007, 12:26 AM
You guys are cracking me up!!! Apparently I should have not been making carmel, running all over the country, and cleaning my house today, and instead should have been online laughing with you all!!!

Kristen.........eh hem.........about Brett...........???? :lol:

Joni.......I hope MIL starts feeling better soon. I promise things will slow down soon...........it's just post vacation syndrome plus the holidays plus ill mother in law. In another month, this will all have seemed like a blur!!!

Dan........what did you do with Liz? Does she know what you have been up to? :lol:

DH and I have made 8 pounds of carmel so far, and we have 4 pounds left to go. It is all given as gifts to DH's employees, teachers, neighbors, and friends.........but let me tell you.........it was never supposed to get this out of hand. We have spent over $80.00 in suppies, and about 8 hours of labor. It never seems that way when we start.........but each year we seem to extend the amount of people we give it to.......and how on earth are you supposed to draw the line? I love making candy, but man, next year I am going to have to send my laundry out or something......my poor kids aren't going to beable to find any clean undies tomorrow :lol:.

And Joni.......yes, there are still kids out there without outrageous Christmas lists :) My kids each have, oh, about 5 things on their lists, and they will recieve about 3 things :) We try to keep it around $100 per child......which is not a whole heck of a lot these days. We really get into giving around here. Our kids all help with the candy making, and they hapily deliver treats to our friends and neighbors. They make cards with great pride as well. It is a fun time for all of us. We aren't the Walton's or anything........but having a large family has really kept us grounded when it comes to feeling like we NEED a big surplus of "stuff." I am as bad as any other parent, as I "want," to buy EVERYTHING for my kids......but one income and five kids has helped influence my indulging habits, and I am sooooo thankful for that. Of course the kids have their selfish moments, as all children do, but all in all, I am really proud of them :) They truly appreciate what the receive, and they sincerely light up when they are giving. Check them out :)
http://http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/69/69/8/40/38/2523840380099958805FPAJSG_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2523840380099958805FPAJSG)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
12-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi Paula........we were posting at the same time :) It's good to have you back :) Stay with us, girl!!!

amylou7777
12-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Joni- It WILL get better! Hang in there....

Paula- so sorry to hear about a rough couple of months! Get right back on track! we're here to help!

Nicole- wow-I'm so impressed with your xmas strategy with the kids! That is what christmas is all about...I REALLY hope that when I have kids I can resist going overboard on the "stuff"

Lettie-have you started work?!?! How ya doin?

Felicia-anyone home? Are you finally on vacation?

Today was a bad day foodwise...I drove to Chico and back to pick up my little bro and then dbf and I took him to a steak dinner...toooooo many starches throughout the day!! I w/i tomorrow.....I think I sabotaged myself from seeing any sort of loss.....

Tomorrow is a new day! I took the day off to finish my holiday shopping-hopefully I will be making good choices!

smjezzy
12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Umm Shannon don't worry about me.. I'm on my way to Oregon.. for something.. Xmas shopping.. actually Barb just called and she really needs me.. Barb I'll meet you at Burgerville!

Ohhhhhhhhhh so sorry, didn't you hear? Oregon is closed for the Holidays! Perhaps you could have her mail you one. I watched Frosty the Snowman last night and apparently all you need is a stiff breeze to make it all freeze back up so you should be in business.

Tuesday Cool
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I have been reading but not posting because I really have nothing to say. I have not been really staying on plan, but I haven't done too bad either. I am ready for Christmas. We keep the holiday simple and this years gifts are a trip to Hawaii. For which I pack today. I had to buy a new swimsuit as my old ones are too big and I consider that a major victory.
I am not going to try to lose any weight in the next couple weeks. I will try not to gain and consider that enough. I am going to eat lots of pineapple and papaya with cottage cheese. I will eat lean meat and try to keep my carbs down. I will swim, snorkel, and walk a lot. I will also sleep and just sit on the beach reading.
When I come back my COD will be gone and you all will be my support. Glad to have such a great group to help me relearn my eating patterns.
Aloha, Tues:flow2:

Dan2112
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Take care of yourself Tuesday!! May your trip be safe and full of fun!

bayoubelle68
12-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Amy - I'm here! I posted a couple of times yesterday - about my crazy kids, as usual!

I've caught up on print orders and actually had time to sit down and make a framed canvas for DS's teacher last night. It turned out really well. I took a picture this morning and will try to post it when I get home. She loved it. In fact, she cried when he gave it to her this morning.

My class is in PE right now, but we watched The Polar Express this morning on the big screen with big speakers. They were inraptured. Even the ones who have seen it dozens of times loved seeing it in a more theater-like setting. Our real party is this afternoon. Pizza, treats, juice boxes - thankfully, I'll be too busy serving to sniggle bites!!

The weather was NASTY here this morning. Horrible thunder storms, torrential rain. I did not envy the teachers who had outside duty this morning letting kids out of cars. They were all soaked!

Tomorrow's a half-day and then we're out until January 7th. WOO HOO!!

Julzanne72
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Okay, so I don't know if I have PMS or what the deal is but I just walked into our cafeteria and the smell of the chicken strips that they are serving today were TO DIE FOR!!!! Had to go in there to refill my water....I think my best bet is to just steer clear until they clean it out this afternoon-I already have my lunch at my desk so no need for me to go in there.

cecil
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Felicia- I am so jealous! I think I need to become a teacher! Ha ha!

EmilyLashea
12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Tues- I hope you have a wonderful trip.. I must say though I am very jealous! It's been over 2 years since I went and am dying to go back! :(

Paula- :wave:

Nicole- Sounds like you all have a lot of fun during Christmas time, but 12 pounds of caramel!? When should I be expecting mine in the mail? haha :)

Hi to everyone else.. :wave: hope everyone is finishing up their shopping and making good choices while out and about!

After the purchase of a Playstation3 last night I am officially finished with my shopping! Finally! And to think I was planning to be done by the first of the month? So much for that... I have pretty much given up on being POP until the end of the year with so much going on.. I've been missing a lot of meals, etc.. I'm just going to plan on making the best decisions possible from meal to meal and maintain until the first of the year. I haven't been to COD in about 3 weeks.. I just absolutely do not have time. I work all day and do not have time to drive 30+ minutes (one way) on my lunch break, and then half the time they're closed by the time I could get there after. I'm considering just going in and getting the rest of my bars and going it alone (well, with all of you, or course.) I know everyone preaches "don't give up on your COD," but mine is really not all that helpful anyway.. :dunno:

aguerin
12-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello all!

Felicia - I want to be one of your students! Movies, Presents, and Pizza!!! Wow what a great teacher. I hope you get lots of good teacher gifts.

Paula - Sorry to hear about your FIL. I know this will be a difficult holiday season without him. My thoughts will be with your family.

I would love to be taking a trip to Hawaii for Christmas. (Or any other time). Congrats Tuesday and don't worry about that waistline during your trip, just enjoy yourself!

Dan2112
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Emily - You didn't have to go all out and buy me a Playstation 3!! I'm so embarrassed now.. Thank you so much!!

What? What's that? Oh.... I see... *sniff*

Of course.. If you all pitched in, it wouldn't cost much for me to get that Playstation 3... :lol: :lol:

BarbaraB
12-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Tuesday, At least the food is so very expensive in Hawaii that you tend to buy a lot less of it and tend to not order extras in the restaurants so much. Or at least my cheap self does that. I went in August. I hope to go back sometime next June maybe.

Paula, Welcome back, we all have had times where dieting slips low on the list of priorities, as well it should. Just come back, get back to trying to be the healthiest you can be. Hopefully 2008 holds much better things for you than 2007 did.

Felicia, So sweet that you have a party for the kids. They are not likely to be in the most focused on learning mood this week anyway. What was in the framed picture for you DS's teacher? Was it her class?

EmilyLashea
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Dan- you be keeping an eye on your mailbox... if it doesn't show up soon, just assume some nosey mailman took it for himself! ;)

aguerin
12-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Well I want something if Dan's getting the PS3. I sure didn't get any Pizza from Felicia's Class or any crayons. I guess I'm on Santa's bad list.

And Nichole didn't offer US any Carmel. I thought we were all homies, peeps, you know BFFs? Whats wrong with you people? Where's the LOVE! Its Christmas for petes sake.

zambejaly5
12-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Lettie-have you started work?!?! How ya doin?

yep, I started the very next day! I worked thursday and friday of last week and mon, tue, wed of this week and now I am off for 2 weeks! gotta love that! I think I am going to really like it. I like getting off at 2 everyday, I like having all the same days off as my kids, including summer, and I love getting paid year around!

the work itself is kinda fun. I like being in the kitchen anyway. I make the salads and the fruits, so washing, cutting and dishing up into servings. We all eat lunch together at 10 am, and we can eat whatever we want for free. so I am going to just eat as many fruits and veggies as possible. salads... fresh fruit. and then eat my other stuff before and after work.

PAULA!!! good to see you!!! glad you are back. sorrythings have been so rough,,,, your poor DH!!!

So I guess we never got around to that gift exchange that we talked about in aug or something.... or I missed it.

we take off for florida day after tomorrow! we are going to open our presents tomorrow because we don't want to carry them down and back. so between now and when we leave I have to finish shopping, clean the house, pack, open presents, go chirstmas caroling with our church tomorrow night, (make cookies to take caroling) go to church Sat. Morning and then leave.

we will be back the next weekend which will be just before the 1st. so I don't know how much I will get on here before then, But I am ready to start getting back on track after all the parties and travel and really hit this hard in Jan.

if I don't see you all before....... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

BarbaraB
12-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Lettie, don't wear yourself out before you get to Florida! Have a great time. Congrats on the job, it sounds just perfect for you.

Amy, You made me nostalgic for my alma mater saying you were in Chico! I had such a good time in college. Studied hard though. Met my DH there. My DH is always saying we should move back to that area, maybe Sacramento. Especially when the rain in Oregon gets him down.

bayoubelle68
12-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Barbara - I made a canvas that she can add a photo to. I'm attaching a link to a photo of it. She will slide a 5X7 under the scrolls above and below the green rectangle. The title says "Life is measured in moments" :
http://www.rapides.k12.la.us/cherokee/pate/Canvas.htm

While I'm linking, here's a link to pictures of our Christmas cards. They are clearer in person. You will see the front and back of the cards on the page.
http://www.rapides.k12.la.us/cherokee/pate/Christmas%20Cards.htm (http://www.rapides.k12.la.us/cherokee/pate/Christmas%20Cards.htm)

cecil
12-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh my goodness those are adorable Felicia!

Repo girl
12-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Felicia- I love your card, how beautiful. And what cute kids.

Lettie- Have a great time in Florida!

sscott
12-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Felicia - Those pictures are beautiful! What a talent you have been given! Wow!

dawn78
12-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Felicia - I love the Christmas card and your kiddos are adorable!

healthy2b
12-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Felicia - beautiful Christmas card!!!

amylou7777
12-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Felicia-I'm sorry I totally missed that page of posts! Good to see you. congrats on losing amidst all of the chaos of this time of year! Your card is SO awesome. I just love it. And I really wish I was a student in your class today as well!

Amy- I hardly recognized you in your new photo with your blonde hair! You and DH look great!

Barbara-my little brother (not so little at 6'4) LOVES Chico. He has made such great friends and really likes the town and the campus. I am really enjoying the weather up here. A lot different from where I grew up and where I went to college. It gets cold-but not too cold and hot, sometimes too hot! But not too much rain and no snow! I've still never been to Oregon or Washington, I hear is it beautiful though.

Lettie- so glad to hear you are liking your job. Have a great time in Orlando!

I am running late for work....don't know why I didn't take today off. Hopefully it will be a short day!

ferrarimomof2
12-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Sorry, I haven't checked in for a couple of days. I have been shopping like crazy. I think that I may be finished including Christmas dinner shopping. At least I hope so. I'm not sure that I have to many nerves left. I have to go shopping with both kids and they are tired of shopping too. I am going to a bachlorette party tonight. I am going to try and be good. I'll have to let ya'll know how I do.

I went to WI today and was down almost a pound. That is a total of almost 11 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. I also asked them if they were going to be able to get the lites after corporate closed and she told me it should not be a problem that they may come from another supplier. I asked her again if they were closing and she told me they were a franchise and were not closing. She said there would probably be some changes but they were staying open. I sure hope so. I need the accountability. I don't know if they are used to me buying one box a week or what. But they are not trying to sell me anything. Well, I better go cook dinner for the family before I leave. Have a great night.

dolphn545
12-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey everybody! :wave:

Not much going on here. Just wanted to say hey!

I had emailed what I (thought) was a franchise, but the response came back from pureweightloss. I was asking about possibly purchasing lites due to pure closing, she emailed me back saying they are not selling anything at this time.

So, I guess when my bars are done, I will have to rely on strictly food.

Hope everyone has had a great POP day. If I don't get to check back in, then have a good weekend as well! :)

ferrarimomof2
12-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Good morning everyone,

I hope that everyone has a POP day. I went to the bachlorette party last night and only ate the grilled vegetables, salad and grilled shrimp and chicken. However, as I was watching him cook the food he just kept using butter and sauce to cook. The food was good I just hope that I don't see a weight gain on Monday due to it. I am going to do the lemon water today to try and counteract the salt. Well, I have a wedding shower to go to. So, I will talk to you all later.

Have a great day.

Dan2112
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Morning ladies...

We're off to watch UNM Play the Nevada Wolf Pack in the New Mexico Bowl.. It starts at 2 pm Mountain time on ESPN.. Should be a decent game.. Watch for us on TV!! :lol: