100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: Dec 17-23

GirlyGirlSebas
12-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and more slender bodies

GirlyGirlSebas
12-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Happy Monday, Everyone!

Purplefirefly - Congrats on your 4 pounds loss! :carrot:
Rakel - I am praying for both you and John. Financial worries are horrible, but they can be overcome. Sounds like you have some great action plans. I'll be praying that it all comes together for the two of you. And, speaking as a busy Mom of two who never finished her degree, do it if you can! You will have so much more opportunities and the pay is usually better.
Sara - I'm so glad you caught the mistake with your Grandfather's medicine! That is very scarey. I'm glad you're still doing well with avoiding the sugar despite all of this stress you've been under.

Whew...made it through the weekend. Weekends are tough. It is so much easier to stay on-plan during the week while Hubby and I are working and the kids are in school. Of course, this week will not be a typical week at all. I'm on vacation starting Wednesday. I'm going to do my best to have a loss for next Monday's weigh-in despite the random schedule I'll be following. Speaking of losses...today is weigh-in day for me and I lost 3.2 pounds! This is my first loss in 7 weeks and I'm psyched to do it again..and again...and again.:D

Today's plan - Three meals and three snacks...all on-plan. And, start drinking more water. Today, I will drink 4 glasses.

Today's menu-
Breakfast - steelcut oatmeal and two slices of turkey bacon
Snack - celery & peanut butter
Lunch - cup of vegetable beef soup with slice of German dark wheat bread
Snack - smoothie
Dinner - leftover steak with steamed veggies

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Beverlyjoy
12-17-2007, 07:57 AM
-meditation, water, journal food, stretches
-today I take Mom to the pain doctor to get a treatment (shot) for her neck and back pain
-work on Christmas cards
-send out 5 letters
-wrap presents

breakfast - oatmeal, flax, skim milk, ff cottage cheese
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white omlette with light cheese and asparagus, ww toast
snack - crackers and fruit
dinner - french toast, lite sausage, sf sausage
snack - pnb toast, lite cocoa

Rhonda - SO GLAD you finally had the weight loss show up on the scale. Yippee:carrot:

Sara - Glad you were there for you Grandpa.:)

Rakel - Hang in there. It will be a struggle - but, something will work out. Carry on the best way you can.:hug:

Purple - Wonderful!!!! Four pounds (in december....no less) :carrot:

I hope you all have a great day.:)

Schmoodle
12-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Morning chicks! Sorry I was so scarce over the weekend. I'll have to catch up on the posts later, but for now just wanted to get my plan down for the day.
Rhonda, :carrot::carrot::carrot: I'm so happy you had a loss, and such a biggie! I'm sure that is a big shot in the arm! I haven't shown anything for a couple of weeks now.
Morning Beverlyjoy, hope you get your cards done and presents wrapped!

Menu for the day:
B - turkey bacon, hard boiled egg, coffee
S - string cheese, V8
L - broccoli cheese soup, salad
S - clementine, latte
D - cauliflower salad, open faced turkey sandwich with cheese
S - SF hot chocolate

Have a good one chicks to follow!

mj5
12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Good Morning! I could get used to having Monday's off! I even 'slept in' until 5:30am--yippee!

Rhonda--Yea for getting the cleaning done! I kind of wish I had a reason to get some done here...I really need to do an intense cleaning, but it it going to have to wait until after the holidays now! So not fair that men can lose weight so quickly!!! I never thought of it as a NSV, but you are right! It's kinf of funny, b/c it's the McDonald's right by my gym--yes, I drive by on my way to and from the gym. I do it so often I forget it is there and the grease smell actually turns my stomach sometimes--certainly don't want to blow a good workout on icky food! Hope you were able to get your laundry done...that was one nice thing about being snowed in this weekend....laundry is done and put away! AWESOME 3.2lb loss!!!!!

Sara--Oh my gosh! How scary! You are doing awesome!!!!

Purplefirefly--So sorry you have inlaw issues too! I did let hubby deal w/ his family, it just got to the point that every time the phone would ring I could feel my blood start to boil (after about the 10th phone call!!!) They put their heads together and decided that it would be a good idea for us to leave the dogs home (we had already canceled the kennel), someone would drive down to get us and the *hopefully* be able to drive us back home. Of course lots of drinking usually involved at this party....yea--we said no. It was just wrong on so many levels! I finally told hubby that I was not answering the phone any more if they kept calling! Luckily we were finally ready to leave the house so we did! I turned the ringer off on my cell and off we went! Yikes! I hope you are able to come up w/ something for your son....I am sorry that your hubby doesn't say anything to his mom. Sounds like you did great at the party! Take one thing at a time this week (easy for me to say, I know! Also advice I need to follow myself). We'll be thinking about you too!!! Congrats on the loss!!!

Rakel--I am SO sorry. You can get through this. You and John have each other and your health and really, that is what is important. Ok, so you may have to put your business plans on hold for now, but you will do it!!!

Beverlyjoy--You and I will be wrapping presents together!

Nicole, Cheryl--Hope you are both ok!

I am down two pounds this week, which is good--I didn't get to the gym that much (weather related mostly) and I know that makes a big difference for me. Still a pound is a pound!

Not doing too much today...getting some stuff done around the house. I may venture out into the snow later on, but I haven't decided about that yet!

I'm sure I'll be back later!

mj5
12-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Schmoodle--We must have been posting at the same time! Looks like a good plan for today!

nicolen
12-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Morning everybody.

OK, stop the world, I want to slow down! The last few days have been absolute madness, and I don't see when I'm going to have any time to myself before I head to my parents on Friday.

Today we've got secret santa at work, so I need to go and wrap the present and get organised for work. Then tomorrow I've got a Christmas function and the same on Thursday. Still trying to figure out where the Thursday one came from! Then I have to be in town at 7am on Friday to catch the bus home. I have got masses of laundry to do, and I'm just not sure when I'm going to have the time.

In terms of weight, I seem to be maintaining which is good - bouncing between 245 - 248. If I can be in that area after Christmas day I'll be happy.

I'll try and catch up with everyone tomorrow - I really have to fly!

Take care all :hug:

xtrisaratops
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
WAY TO GO RHONDA!

My random schedule right now is killing me. Since I don't have to wake up at 5:15 for class anymore, my body wants to sleep until 11, and it throws me off. I'm fighting off the "nothing else to do, so why not eat?" mentality right now.

I have my niece again today, and she's still trying to decide what she wants for lunch. Hot dog casserole seems to be the consensus right now, even though I really don't want to make it. It's not exactly very good for you, although it is quite tasty. Maybe I can persuade her to eat some chicken or some soup. Hah, yeah, right.

We were going to go to the park today, but it's so friggin' cold and windy outside that I don't want to drag myself out in it, much less a 3 year old with a horrid immune system. So right now, I'm listening to her chasing my dogs around the house endlessly.

Rakel--I'm praying for you!
Nicolen--Way to go on maintaining!

rakel
12-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Rhonda -- thanks for your prayers and advice! I'm thinking I might start working on a degree once I get a job, I'm hoping that maybe I can get an employeer that will help play for it, which would make it easier. I could take some classes online and some evening classes after work, probably. I'll definitely look into it and see if I can swing it, but just depends.

Thanks for your prayers Sara!

I have one interview lined up, a meeting with an placement/staffing company of some sorts (?) tomorrow, and I was supposed to set up an interview with a guy today but when I called I got his voicemail. So there are some leads, we'll just see how long we'll have to hold out.

xtrisaratops
12-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Rakel--there are quite a few employers out there who are offering tuition reimbursement if you go into a field like management or business, or other things applicable to your job. It's always worth looking into!

Everything will work out. You just have to have faith, and keep your head up. We're all pulling for you! :hug:

Beverlyjoy
12-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Hi folks - today is my bloodwork for my cholesterol, triglycerides, sugar etc. I've worked very, very hard these past three monthes- lost about 30 pounds. I feel confident that these numbers will be better. :)

My back is still hurting. :( I hope the doctor has some magic for it. It's hard to slow down this time of the year.

These are my plans for the day:

you can try to do."

- stretch, ice & heat, journal food, meditate
- work on xmas cards to friends and clients
- doctor's appointment
- storytelling this afternoon with a senior group

food -

breakfast - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk, ff cottage cheese
snack - carrots
lunch - HC mac and cheese, cawliflower
snack - yogurt & flax, crackers
dinner - veggie burger with lf cheese on a lite wheat bun, beets
snack - peanut butter toast, hot cocoa

It hurts to sit at the computer - so, I'll leave ya all for now.

Make it a GREAT and healthy day! :carrot:

Purplefirefly
12-18-2007, 06:24 AM
I don't really wanna talk about yesterday :rolleyes: I was having intense sugar cravings all day, then hubby got very very GRUMPY about 9PM and I caved to the cheese balls and a meatball lean pocket :nono: Not a full out binge, but enough to be over calories and disgusted at myself.

Remember, he was diagnosed diabetic two weeks ago so is off all sugar and "white stuff." He has gone around like it was no big deal, he gave it all up and didn't miss it, no cravings, and I was thinking how can it be so easy for him? Then last night it just hit him, he was in the garage chain smoking, staring at the table, complaining he just had to starve, there was nothing for him to eat. We just went to the store yesterday, but he wanted nothing we had, said he's been eating the same things for 2 weeks and he'd rather die. He kept telling me to leave him alone, which is not like him, and I wanted to feed him so finally got my shoes on to head to the store to get whatever he wanted, when he shouted "LEAVE ME ALONE." So i had an off plan snack and went to cry in the bathtub.

It's just SO hard to watch him like that, knowing it's the same thing I go through with sugar. At one point I asked if it was his evening ice cream he was wanting and he thought for second and said "no, I don't want ice cream" so I said "What do you want?" and he said "I don't know! Just everything I can't have, nothing in particular!" Oh yeah, sugar detox is horrible and it has hit him. He left out for work again last night so I won't see him until end of the week and I hope he is better because he drives me to binge...I don't know if this works us both going through it at the same time :cry:

Good thing is it' happened on Monday so I figured the extra calories and subtracted them out of the rest of the week calories. it can't happen again!!!! I can't exercise as much this week, so it just can't happen anymore.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends! Hope everyone is staying safe and warm. Nicole, hope you are staying cool!

MJ - Congrats on your 2 pound loss! :carrot:
Nicole - Sounds like you do have a very full and busy schedule. Congratulations on maintaining. Sounds like you are doing great.
Sara - How did dinner go with your niece?
Rakel - Hope your interview goes well today.
Beverlyjoy - I can't wait to hear about your test results! Hope the doctor can help you with your back.
Purple - We sure know what its like to have to tell ourselves 'no' with our usual foods. Changing our eating habits is very very difficult. Hope your Hubby adjusts soon. I love ice cream and, each evening, I usually have 1/2 cup of sugar-free Eddy's Butter Pecan. There are a lot of yummy sugar free desserts on the market. Maybe he'd like to try one of these?
Schmoodle - How are you today?

I stayed on-plan yesterday... until Hubby brought home some Tiramisu as a treat for me. He told me "you can eat just one piece and give the remainder to J." Sigh....he's just not getting it! The remainder might not still be here when J gets home. It depends on how badly it calls to me today...I may need to throw the remainder in the trash. I hope Hubby understands. Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. Hubby brought me a dozen pink roses and we're going out for a steak dinner tonight. I don't think I'm going to stay on-plan tonight, so I'll be extra good all day today to make up for it.

Today's plan - Two on-plan small meals and two on-plan small snacks. And, try to drink tons of water. I forgot to drink it yesterday. Drinking water just feels so unnatural to me.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Schmoodle
12-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Happy anniversary Rhonda!
Purple, sorry your DH is having a rough time! My DH is diabetic also, diagnosed a couple of years ago. He is thin though, so weight wasn't an issue, and he's never been much of a sweets eater. But he loves starchy stuff, pasta, bread, etc. I've been on South Beach, and he eats what I cook, and it's been great for leveling his blood sugar. He is on oral meds, and we want to keep away from the insulin if possible. My DH just had a rough time with the concept of having to be on medication. I think it made him feel old. Anyway, I cook lots of stuff he likes, just without the starches, and he seems to have adjusted fine. He always did love veggies, and he loves getting a home cooked meal every night. By the way, on Friday I tried the Turkey Hill sugar free ice cream in peanut brittle flavor - it was sooo good. There are other flavors too, so maybe he doesn't have to give up everything, if you guys can find acceptable substitutes. Hope he is feeling better today.
Good morning beverlyjoy!

I've had to adapt my plan this week, since my refrigerator is broken and I'm trying to use up everything I can before it goes bad. The repairman comes tomorrow, and I really hope it isn't anything fatal. The stupid thing is only a year old (make that a year and three weeks, just long enough for the warranty to expire!).
Today:
B - hard boiled egg, oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee
S - V8, string cheese
L - office party, need to check out the restaurant menu
D - tomato/eggplant bake, salad
S - yogurt with agave and almonds

Purplefirefly
12-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Sebas--it wasn't the ice cream, he just was in sugar withdraw, I can't explain it, it's like you want something but you don't know what specifically, and you feel like you can't have anything. So hard to explain, but I know what he was going through, it's so hard. Just weird it took him 2 weeks to finally have a hard moment, it was so easy up until that point.

Schmoodle--I used to do SB and really loved it, and a lot of how I eat now was inspired from that, and how he is eating now is similar, but he doesn't like most veggies. We have come up with substitutes for his nachos and a few other things, and have spent almost $300 in groceries just for him in 2 weeks, trying out all different SF products, some he likes and others are just so horrible tasting or no taste at all. Some things have no sugar, but have sugar alcohols (some a LOT), and we were told he should only use those for special occaisons, and not eat the sugar alcohol all the time :?: we are not sure what it is, or how it's different from suagar. I had tons of stuff to cook for him last night, but he didn't want any of it.

I got through my son's birthday party at preschool and have 45 minutes before I pick him up and head to daughter's Christmas party at the elementary school. I am so exhausted already, but we have such a full week I can't even think about resting yet. Laundry is piling up and the house is a MESS...maybe January is for cleaning? :lol:

xtrisaratops
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Purple--sugar alcohols are mostly found in artificial sweeteners, like sugar replacements. They're used to replace the sucrose in food, and mask the icky aftertaste that most artificial sweeteners have. They're good because they cause a less dramatic change in blood sugar than just full table sugar would, but they're bad because over-consumption of them can lead to diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, bloating, and...uhhh....farting. Lots of farting.

They also contain quite a bit of carb, and tend to add up quickly.

Food yesterday was horrible. I cooked the stupid hot dog casserole, and had to pry myself away from it. I went over my calories, didn't get in nearly enough water because I honestly just forgot to drink it, didn't move nearly as much as I should have. But today is another day, and I'll make it through.

I will not be defeated by a bloody casserole!

mj5
12-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi! I can almost see the top of my desk again....sometimes it just doesn't pay to take a day off!!!

Nicole--Glad you could pop in to let us know you are ok. Take a deep breath. One thing at a time. Easy for me to say, I know. You can do this! Good for you for maintaining, not an easy thing this time of year!

Sara--You can do this too! How's that tattoo healing? Any word from the doc on being able to exercise more?

Rakel--I know something will turn up for you. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Beverlyjoy--I bet your b/w will come back really good! Good luck w/ your back.

Purplefirefly--Yesterday is over. Today is a fresh start. Is there any way hubby can go to a nutritionist or maybe get some diabetic related counseling for nutrition--even looking online might be helpful. I have decided that the cleaning will wait until January. Laundry can't wait, I will straighten the house and vacuum, but real cleaning will have to wait!

Rhonda--Happy Anniversary! Mmm, nice steak dinner sounds great!

Schmoodle--Oh no, not the refrigerator! Great advice to purple! How do you make your tomato/eggplant bake? It sounds yummy!

Today is a HUGE test of willpower. It's our tree decorating contest day at work. Our entire hallway is a food fest of high calorie high fat foods. I did treat myself to one strawberry with a hint of chocolate from the chocolate fountain--although I did have an image in my head of the commercial of the lady sticking her whole head in!!!! Then I went back to my office! I am drinking lots and lots of water. Tonight I am going straight to the gym for cardio and weights (arms/shoulders).

Later tonight we are celebrating my younger brother's bday--he's turning 30! I can't believe it!!!! I may have a taste of cake, I don't know. If I do, fine, although I will try not to.

Ok, I have tons of stuff to get done. I probably won't have time to pop back later, but I will try to.

xtrisaratops
12-18-2007, 01:55 PM
MJ--tattoo is healing fine, it's just sloooow going. Doctor STILL doesn't want me to exercise any, which annoys me to tears. I have a bunch of stretches and strengthening exercises I'm doing to get the muscles around my kneecap back into a position where they can hold things where they're supposed to be.

That's my main problem; I've torn my ACL and MCL so many times that they're pretty worn down, and so my muscles try to compensate for that, and they just aren't strong enough. They've got a lot of weight to support, and until they're back to where they need to be, I'm pretty limited.

I was doing fine on the treadmill for a while, and then all the repetitive motion got to me, and the doctor put a big fat "X" on that and told me to stop. *sighs* How do they expect me to lose any real weight if they don't let me do anything to move?

Purplefirefly
12-18-2007, 02:26 PM
That sounds so frustrating, Sara! To say lose weight, but you can't move, seems crazy...but I know it can be done, and you're going to prove it, right?

I just came back from the second school party and I am starving, but I am avoiding the kitchen because I am hungry enough to just start ripping things open and going to town. I think I will take the kids to Subaway instead, where I have to pay for it, and that will control me :lol: I feel so pathetic, but I am right in the mood where I would normally just eat, eat, eat and I don't want to do that. I am fighting so hard, the stress is just piling up right now.

I thought all we had was Christmas for next week, but daughter's cheerleading coach just gave us a list of dates and I realize she has to be at practice, in her full uniform and all, 7PM new years eve!!!!! Insane, but he says she absoutely must make that, it's crucial :dizzy: I might not make it to 2008 sane!

xtrisaratops
12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I didn't make it into 2007 sane; my goal for 2008 was just to make it half-alive, and that seems to have worked nicely so far. It seems a little unfair to have cheerleading practice on New Years Eve, but that's just me.

My niece wanted spaghetti for lunch, but I managed to persuade her that Subway would be much better. I knew I wasn't going to be able to handle cooking her spaghetti and not eating half of it myself, so I just chose the easiest way out I could think of and removed myself from the house and from the kitchen.

I've got NO clue how long I'm going to have her this time, and she's just getting to be such a picky eater that I'm about to rip my hair out. She won't touch bread, anything bread-related, or anything that looks, smells, or tastes remotely like bread. I can't get her to TOUCH a vegetable recently, and the only fruit she'll eat is frozen berries. She's almost 4, and I swear, I feel like my life is being run by someone 1/5 my age.

Purplefirefly
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Sara, why is you have her all the time? Just being nosey :D you are doing a good thing helping them out, and you are positive in her life, proud of you!

Schmoodle
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow, that was a long day chicks. All I feel like doing is zoning in front of the computer until it's time to read and tuck in the kiddies. I think I'll go to bed with my book as soon as they are settled.
I had to go in to my office today, and that's a 90 mile drive each way. Then I got to listen to government people argue, and make a showing at the office Christmas lunch. The traffic was terrible, 2h45min to get home. It's days like this that remind me to appreciate being a telecommuter. At least food was okay. At the restaurant, I just ordered a grilled chicken breast with salsa and drank diet coke.
Sara, although I am tempted I will not even ask what's in the hot dog casserole. It sounds like something my kids would enjoy a little too much and I've been working really hard to convert them to healthy eating as much as possible. As you might imagine, it's slow going. I had a great pediatrician, an old family friend, before we moved. Once when I was worrying about my DD's pickiness, he told me he once had a patient who ate nothing but French fries for five years, and he survived just fine.
purple, I hope he can adjust without too much trouble. It does take some time to make changes like that. And just mentally adjusting to the fact that you have a permanent health issue. Anyway, hope you won't spend too many nights crying in the bathtub! My DD was on a competitive dance team for many years and it used to make me crazy when they scheduled practices on holidays. The coaches take it very seriously. They also used to get them in there on Sundays, and church-going teammates were not too happy about that. I always kinda thought that if the parents just got together and put their collective feet down, that would make a difference, but I found that most of them were just worried about staying on the teacher's good side, so their daughters wouldn't miss out on good parts. Thanks for reminding me how much I don't miss that craziness! If younger DD ever decided to go down that road, I am now just too old and ornery to put up with it.
mj, one chocolate strawberry is nothing! You should be very proud. For the eggplant thing, I just cut 3 eggplants in half inch rounds, and fried them on the nonstick griddle until lightly browned. Then layered in a pan with marinara sauce, and a can of tomatoes, drained, and mozzarella and parmesan cheese. I also threw in some capers and black olives I had hanging around. Then just bake. It was really yummy, DH loved it too. Kinda like an eggplant lasagna or eggplant parm.
Well, chicks, I wish you:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/Schmoodlethefirst/01.gif

xtrisaratops
12-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Basically, we have my niece a lot because her parents suck at life. They would rather sit her in front of the TV and let Spongebob Squarepants raise her than have to do it themselves. And because she is my niece, I'd rather just have her here than wonder if she's getting fed or not, or how many days it's been since she's had a bath. She's actually not even my blood niece, but I've been basically raising her since she was 4 days old. My step-brother's girlfriend almost died while pregnant with her, thanks to a pre-existing kidney condition and the stresses of pregnancy. So when Helen was 4 days old, I had to take her while Amanda had major surgery to remove her kidney.

Hot dog casserole is barbaric. A layer of hash browns, homemade chili, low-fat hot dog wieners, some lf shredded cheese, and lots of onion on top. That's about as healthy as I can make it, and even then, it's really not great. At least it's filling enough that a small serving usually works, but really, I try not to make it too often.

Dinner tonight was easy, at least. Helen wanted chicken, so I heated up a package of chicken fajita meat. I had mine with fresh fajita veggies and salsa over a salad, and Helen and the boyfriend had fajitas.

I may have some canned peaches with sf Jello later on.

Beverlyjoy
12-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Hi folks!

I went to the doctor - and, she didn't even notice that I had lost 30 since our last visit until I pointed it out. When I pointed it out to her all she said was - "How did you do this?". It made me feel kind of bad. However....that's her personality. Next time I will call her on it!

We did find out that I have a pulled muscle in my back - I need to rest it, ice, heat, take anti imflamatories. I don't know how I will rest it with 6 family members coming stay at our house on Sunday thru Christmas. And then- a big family party on Sunday -about 25 people. I'll just have to enlist their help. My DH always has a positive mental attitude about things. He says...I'll do everything...it will be OK. I know he will too...sometimes it's hard to let go of doing things you're used to doing. But, I'll have to to heal this back.

Quite frankly...I didn't know how I'd feel today about planning a healthy day. I've been really working hard on a goal of lowering my lab work numbers and losing some weight. The blood test was yesterday...I think I did well (will find out at the end of the week). Usually when I work towards a goal...then I run out of steam. However, I am willing to get up today and plan a healthy day.:)

Today's plan:

gentle stretches, journal food, water!!!, meditate

finish up ten more xmas cards

hair colored at the beauty shop today

rest my back

food

breakfast - cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - tuna salad with lite miracle whip open face, veggies
snack - yogurt with flax
dinner - turkey italian sausage with peppers and onios, garlic toast
snack - cherrios, fruit, milk

Since sitting at my computer make my back feel bad...I am going to stop for now and come back later for the personals.

Have GREAT day friends...thanks so much for your support!

Schmoodle
12-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Morning chicks,
Today's menu:
B - coffee, oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee, hard boiled egg, more coffee
S - string cheese, V8
L - leftover eggplant casserole, salad
S - clementine, latte
D - Red Beans and brown rice with turkey kielbasa
S - black bean brownie (experiment of the day)

Refrig repairman coming today, hooray! Hope we are back in business soon. I've got to run out this afternoon and do some Xmas shopping. I won't whine because this is the first time I've been out in it this season. Hopefully won't be too painful, I just need a few things to finish up. My goal is to do it all online, and if I'd planned a little better, I would have made it this year. Maybe next year...
Beverly, rest that back, girl! I know it's hard when things are so busy at Christmas. Let the others do all the work!
Sara, your family is very lucky to have you, and hopefully they realize that. But take care of yourself too. You are very young to have all these burdens and responsibilities. Helen will have wonderful memories of her special Aunt.
Hope all you chicks give yourselves a special little holiday treat today, courtesy of me! Ho-ho-ho!

nicolen
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Morning everybody,

I'm starting to panic here a bit - I've got 25 hours to get myself to the bus, and there's so much I have to do between now and then. I haven't even started packing yet and I've got so much laundry to do.

The cat started limping on Tuesday night, so I rang the vets and have got him in there. Thankfully I can drop him off at 8am and pick him up after work. I'm going to be late for work - luckily my boss has said that I don't have to make it up this year. I'm probably being cynical, but it's probably her trying to calm me down - I applied for a week's leave in February once the schools restart and was going to go away with some friends. I didn't get all the leave - I have to work the Monday, so no point in going away. Thankfully we haven't made bookings yet and my friends are going to see if they can change leave, but needless to say, I am not a happy camper about that - I've got over 20 days leave and they're telling me I've got to use it, but I can't get the leave when I want it. Grr!

I'm going to try and check back in before I head away tomorrow morning and will try and check in from my parents, but just in case I don't get back online, have a safe and Happy Christmas, ladies, and I'll catch up with you when I get back on the 27th.

love and lots of :hug:
Nicole

xtrisaratops
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Nicole--Have fun and be safe! I hope you find some mental clarity while you're away; I think we could all use some of that sometimes. I hope your kitty is OK!

Schmoodle--That's what I'm trying to learn to do now--take care of myself. For a long time, I didn't do that, and now I've got all this extra weight to show for it. The good news is that after the first of the year, Helen can start going to daycare with my employee discount, even though I technically don't work there anymore. I don't know why my ex-boss is being so nice about this, but she's offered to let us enroll her with the employee child-care fee only. At least that will take care of a lot of the stress. I still have two grandmothers and a grandpa to deal with, but I'm in the process of getting that worked out right now. My dad and my aunt are looking into getting a caregiver who will go to my grandparent's house and just kinda fill in the gaps; laundry, grocery shopping, general cleaning, making sure their medications are in order, that kind of thing.

My grandmother on my mother's side is still going to be "my responsibility" for a while, but we're hoping that after she starts her new medication, it'll take care of at least SOME of the forgetfulness and the mood swings. My whole life, she was the sweetest person I ever knew, and now it's nothing for her to look you right in the face and let loose a string of obscenities that would make a sailor blush down to the core. It's sad, really.

Family is leaving in a few days for some Christmas plans they have, and I can't wait to have the house to myself for a bit! It'll be so nice to just have peace and quiet; I can have all the hot water to myself, and make as much noise as I want without being screamed at. Score!

Man, I've typed a novel already and I haven't even gotten to food yet. The deal is that I've stepped so far off plans in the last week that I really need to get back to basics. It's 2 PM and I haven't had a single thing to eat yet, and you know what? I'm not hungry. That's how much I ate last night, and I feel disgusting.

So, once I feel like eating, I'll have an open-faced turkey sandwich with loads of veggies, and some carrots and ranch dressing in lieu of the chips that I would normally have. We'll have to go from there and see when exactly I eat and how hungry I am, but this needs to be done. I can't go on like this, and I need to stop it before it gets out of hand anymore than it already has.

rakel
12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow, a lot of replies here! Sorry I can't reply to everyone, but here it goes:

purple: that has got to be really rough. I know I should probably nix sugar. I don't have a lot of it, but I do tend to crave a little something sweet every day. It would behoove me to get over that. Good luck and I hope you and your hubby can find some recipes that are delicious, wholesome and filling that he can enjoy without even missing the sugar!

sara: That's unfortunate about your niece, but as a bonus, you probably mean a lot to her, and she is very fortunate to have you. I recently moved 1,200 miles away from my niece and I miss her madly! Stay strong and enjoy your vacation!

Rhonda: Sorry that hubby tempted you with the tirimisu! How did you do with it? How did your dinner go? Congrats on the anniversary!

AND, as for the interview, I think it went smashingly and I am definitely getting a second interview after the first of the year (he's going on vacation next week, understandable). So I just have to try and make it until then, and well, I'm still applying to full time jobs, part time jobs, and freelancing jobs in the meantime. I guess it just kind of depends on the other people he's interviewing for the position, but I felt like he liked me and I definitely feel like I have a chance in this.

As for weight, much to my surprise I was 275 today, which is... gasp... three pounds difference from yesterday where I was 278.

OK! Gotta get something to eat and get ready for church!

mj5
12-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi everyone! No time to respond personally, but sounds like we are are doing our best and that is all we can do!!!

I did get to the gym tonight. I only had time for 30 mins of cardio, but it's better than skipping, which the 'old me' would have done. I had the thought, but quickly pused it out of my head!!!!

My knee is a mess lately...it's almost as though the injections made it worse rather than better. I am calling the drs office in the morning to see if that is normal or not. Hopefully they won't want to see me...not sure how I can fit in an appt, it may have to wait until after the holidays at least if they do.

Have a great night!

Beverlyjoy
12-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi folks...well yesterday I got my hair done and picked up a few healthy things at the store. I cancelled two performances and will reschedule - so that I can rest this back.

My dear friend & neighbor, Shelley, sent her daughter (fifth grade) over after school to wrap gifts. That was a blessing! Then Shelley brought over pizza...it was my first time in three monthes. I ate 2 peices of the veggie pizza, counted it in to my total and I was still OK for the day.

Today my plans are:

alternating ice and heat on my back - and no bending, twisting, heavy lifting

gentle stretches

water, water, water

finish last of the xmas cards

food:

breakfast - cottage cheese and banana, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - Morning Star farm corn dog, caulifower
snack - chocolate pudding (sf), crackers
dinner - grilled lite cheese sandwich, tomato soup, green beans
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk, apple

mj5 - Hope your knee feels better. Have you tried ice or heat?

Rakel - Glad to hear the interview went well. Good luck!!

Sara - I am so sorry bout the change in your Grandma. I know that's hard to face. Take care.

Nicolen - I hope you can work out getting the leave when you want it. So frustrating!

Schooldle - Hope your fridge is now fixed! I like shopping on line too!!

Everyone........have a great day.

Schmoodle
12-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Still no fridge, the repairman canceled on us yesterday, and the soonest they can get to us is Dec. 24. Which I don't believe for a moment that a repairman is going to make a call on Christmas eve. DH is tinkering with it now and maybe he'll be able to get it going.
So, today's menu is all about eating stuff that is going to go bad soon if it doesn't get eaten, yum!
B - oatmeal with peanut butter and milk, hb egg, coffee
S - string cheese
L - spinach salad with hb egg, turkey, cheese, and grape tomatoes
S - clementine, latte
D - ???? and a salad
S - bean brownie

I will skip personals today, as I'm running late and need to get down to business! Have a good one chicks!

mj5
12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still hanging in there! Seems like every time I leave my office, I return w/ more work....I am trying to stay put!!!! Tomorrow is our Secret Santa party and I just found out that it will be 90% junk food. I am going to make sure I eat breakfast and eat before I go to the party. I will sample some of the yummies, but I don't want to go overboard!

This am I did 15 mins of yoga. After work I am going to the gym for 30 mins of cardio. Then to the grocery store. We went out to lunch and I had an omlet w/ feta, and tomatoes. I am sure I ate too much of it, but it was really good! I didn't eat much breakfast which wasn't intentional...I just got busy and then didn't think about it.

I will catch up w/ everyone, but at this rate probably not until the weekend. We can and will do this!!!!

rakel
12-20-2007, 06:18 PM
beverly -- thanks and I hope your back gets better!

smoodle -- oh no! without a fridge around CHRISTMAS TIME? I hope your hubby can do something! Or maybe you guys can get one of those little fridges so you can at least have some refrigeration? I think they are less than $100 -- you know the ones that you get for your college dorm ;).

I have not had a chance to exercise this week, though I could have MADE time for it... I guess it has just slipped off the radar for me, lots of stress, lots of running around and doing things. However, something has got to be working for me, because it appears as though I am down to 274.5 today. Food has been pretty good, though on Tuesday I ate only around 1200 calories. I added it all up yesterday because I never put it in. We're just kinda running out of food and need to go to the grocery store again tomorrow.

Purplefirefly
12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
hey everyone, checking in real quick. I have been SO busy it's been insane...but school is out now and I look forward to cleaning the house all day tomorrow. I am still sugar free, but my food has been WAY off plan besides that and exercise has been quick and not everyday :( I am so stressed out, but hubby is off doing the last minute shopping for me, so that does help a lot. I think he is buying me something, because he NEVER goes shopping, he hates being around so many people and will not step foot in a mall for anything..but he called and volunteered to go out tonight, so he is up to something :nono:

I'm going to try and exercise tonight...even though I am exhausted, it needs to be done!

Schmoodle
12-21-2007, 09:33 AM
We have refrigeration, thanks to DH! However, I haven't been shopping yet, so we don't have much food! So today will be a challenge, food-wise. Here's the plan:

B - oatmeal, milk, coffee
S - string cheese, clementine
L - salad with turkey and cheese
S - celery with LCLC
D - ww pita pizza, salad
S - bean brownie

Beverlyjoy
12-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Good news with my lab report:

9/23/07

cholesterol 220
triglycerides - 508
HDL -37
LDL - NA

12/18/07

cholesterol - 161
triglycerides - 176!!
HDL - 38
LDL - 88

I won't have to go on the triglyceride meds. Yippee!
I still need to get them down a bit.
I need to raise my good cholesterol.

Plans for today:
be KIND to my sore back
drink lots of water
journal my food
gentle stretches

food-

breakfast - fat free cottage cheese with 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - egg scramble with lite cheese, toast, cauliflower
snack - yogurt with flax
dinner - out with Murray's friends from work - salmon, salad, baked potato
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

Schmoodle...so glad you got your fridge back working!!!!

Purple...hang in there..hopefully things won't be so hectic. Good for doing your exercises.

Rakel -wow...great on the weight loss - even in the midst of all that's going on. I think your right...it's just working for you.

Mj5 - good luck at the Secret Santa party - good for you doing your cardio and yoga!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Good morning, Everyone...TGIF!

Sorry I havent been around for the last couple of days. Its been crazy busy around here for me. I finally completed my shopping last evening. Today, I have to tackle my youngest DDs room. Yikes! Hope I don't get lost in there. She slept over at her friend's house and I'm hoping she hangs out for most of the day so I can get rid of some of her stuff. She won't let me throw anything away.

I wish I could tell everyone that I've stayed 100% on-plan the last two days. The truth is that I've been eating on the run and my choices havent always been that great. But, today's yet another new day to try my best. Thank God for these new days!

Sara - How are you doing?
MJ - How did you do with the Secret Santa? Hope you had a great time.
Rakel - Congrats on getting the scales to move down!
Purple - I understand about the stress. Hang in there. Try to find a few minutes just for you. Maybe a nice bubble bath with a good book? (My personal fav)
Schmoodle - So glad that Hubby fixed the refrigerator.
Beverlyjoy - Congratulations on making such an awesome improvement in your lab numbers! :carrot:

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

mj5
12-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone! Thought I would pop in here quickly before I head down to the Secret Santa party. I had some extra oatmeal this am and just drank a big bottle of water. I am taking more water to drink--there will probably be soda (which I don't drink) and some sort of sugary punch which I don't need! I feel in control right now, which is good! I do not plan on avoiding all of the treats, but I want to stay in control and make wise choices. I do not have time to get to the gym tonight, but I did some yoga this am and will do my dvd tonight. Tomorrow will be more of the same, as far as exercise goes, but I would like to get to the gym on Sunday--we'll see what happens. I will get caught up w/ everyone this weekend. I know we are all busy, but trying really hard!!!! We CAN do this and we WILL do this! The scale is holding steady for me and am I am ok with that! I would love to see another loss on Monday, but I will be SO ok w/ maintaining!!!

Wish me luck! I'll stop back later (probably not until much, much later though).

Oh...our team won the tree decorating contest...YAHOOO!! We get a day off w/ pay!!!!

xtrisaratops
12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Beverley--That is AWESOME! Great job!

Rakel--I'm so glad you had a loss, even in the midst of all your stresses!

The past few days have been really hectic. Everyone else in my house is leaving to spend the holidays in the Ft. Worth area, and there has been much baking and candy making and all that crap that my family thinks there cannot be Christmas without.

My step-aunt is the one who started all this mess, and I finally put my foot down and told her that if she insisted on having cookies, I was insisting that she let me make them. So I made carrot cookies, and some applesauce frosting, and called it good. If people are going to eat cookies, I wanted to at least put SOMETHING healthy in them for crying out loud! And you know what? Even through baking and decorating, I never ate a single one. They just...didn't look good to me.

I hope everyone's doing well with all the stress floating about right now. I'll probably be checking in throughout the day. See you guys soon!

rakel
12-21-2007, 07:07 PM
wow Sara, that takes will power but I know what you mean by things loosing their appeal. I can't say I am over sweets, but I do try and make the most for my calories. My favorite is dark chocolate -- nothing fancy with a bunch of extras, just pure chocolate. Yum :D

I'm the same today (274.5) ... so you know, this the lowest I've been in over 2 years! I guess you could say it's kind of a milestone for me. I can really notice the difference in my neck -- I have some shape there now, and it's more slender and long, rather than short and stubby, and I'm sure it will only improve as I go. I measured my neck and I went from somewhere around 18" to 15.5" ... amazingly enough. I've also lost 2" on each of my thighs... my back fat also seems to be beaten into some submission. lol.

I'm in a pretty good mood -- I just got an email from my interviewer who says even though he's going to be gone next week on vacation, he doesn't want that to "slow us down." so I guess I have my second interview next Wednesday with 3 other guys, this time (oh boy!). I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched but it sounds positive to me! Who knows, maybe I will be employed before January hits! If I get this job I will celebrate with a haircut (not food!)... I desperately need one, it's been over 6 months now.

Purplefirefly
12-21-2007, 09:07 PM
rakel--SO glad to hear you in a good mood, I will keep you in my thoughts, and hope you get this job! That would be an awesome Christmas gift :)

Sara--you amaze me with the cookies! I don't know if I could have done that.

Sebas--glad to hear you are still plugging along. If we can do this the week before Christmas, we can do it all of 2008!

Hubby made banana pudding tonight, using all sugar free ingredients and it was so yummy! I haven't had anything sweet in a long time, but was able to control it to one small portion...and I put it away before I started eating so there could be no dipping back into it.

So far I am maintaining this week, but that is a miracle because my eating has been way off and I haven't gotten to exercise much :( But I am SO ready for Christmas. I have this urge to run the kids back to the bedroom, throw open the closet, and show them everything!!! I am worse than the kids with the giddiness! i can't wait!

mj5
12-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone! I did ok at the party this afternoon. Not as well as I had hoped, but I didn't go crazy w/ junk either. Phew, one more holiday function out of the way!!!!

Ok, here is my attempt to get caught up w/ everyone. If I missed you it certainly was not intentional! My dogs are barking to go out, but I wanted to get caught up first!
Sara--Glad to hear the tattoo is healing--I know my feet seemed to take forever...That really stinks about your knee. I hope it feels better soon. I don't have any ligament issues, but my kneecap doesn't track the way it is supposed to, so keeping the muscles strong is really important. It's hard finding the balance between pushing it enough and too much. I don't have much cartilage left either what I do have is in terrible shape. I am really glad that you are going to get some time to yourself! That's exactly what happend when I was making candy w/ my neice--it just was not appealing, even a little bit.

Purplefirefly--Hang in there!!!!

Schmoodle--So glad you can telecommute--that drive sounds terrible! Mmm, the eggplant cassarole sounds really good! I may have to try that! What a pain about the refrig. So glad hubby was able to get it going again!

Beverlyjoy--Shame on your dr for not noticing!!! Yea, I use ice quite a lot on my knee. CONGRATS on your b/w results!!! Great job!!!!

Nicole--I hope you get a chance to relax during the holiday!!!

Rakel--Hang in there!!! Sounds like you are doing well, although stressed! Congrats on the interview!!!!

Rhonda--Hope you didn't get lost in the cleaning of dd's room!

Tomorrow I am just doing normal saturday 'stuff' bills, laundry, etc. I hope to get some presents wrapped, but if not I MUST get them wrapped on Sunday!

Ok, I have to take the dogs out NOW....one of them just will not wait any longer (guess it doesn't matter that we were just out 15 mins ago!)

Have a great night! I'm sure I'll be around this weekend!

xtrisaratops
12-21-2007, 10:04 PM
It's really strange how I wasn't even tempted by the cookies! I had actually even planned on having two of them, but honestly, they didn't look good AT ALL. They didn't smell good, they didn't look good, I didn't want to put one in my mouth, nothing.

Instead, I was craving carrots and ranch dressing. So that's what I had instead of cookies.

It was insane.

Purplefirefly
12-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks to Exercise TV and sincere determination, i got a total of 1 hour, 15 minutes of exercise in today :carrot: felt So wonderful to be moving again! Now I have one more load of laundry to put away then I am going to SLEEP!!!!!

Beverlyjoy
12-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi folks...hope you are doing the best you can muster at this time of the year. It goes in ebbs and flows. I have been mostly resisting the many, many temptations of the time of the year. I have eaten some cookies, etc. However, I am grateful I have mostly counted it in and haven't had a huge binge - so far. (my usual MO)

My plans for today.

breakfast - grits, flax, 2% cheese

lunch - Italian Wedding soup, cottage cheese, cauliflower

snack - apple, crackers

dinner - out with friends - probably fish, potato, veggie

snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

gentle stretchs
meditate
journal food
PMA - positive mental attitude
ice and heat - be kind to my back

Purple - WOW - all that exercise is GREAT.

Sara -Craving carrots and staying OUT of the cookies is major. You rock!

Mj5 - so glad you did OK at the party - remember - "Progress not absolute perfection" is what we aim for. (Especially this time of the year)

rakel - Congrats on your wieght loss!! Milestones deserve recognition!!!! Celebrate (without food of course). So, so happy for you!

rhonda - I understand about being busy this time of the year. Glad your shopping is done. Everyday is a new beginning.

I'll be very busy the next few days. Sunday , a big family party here with 25 people. Also, we'll have 6 out of towners staying here. Including my 10 month grandson, Alex. He is the light of my life. I can't wait to see him. (Glad he's bringing his parents LOL)

Monday - 11 for a traditional Christmas Even dinner - leg of lamb etc.

Christmas - 12 for Turkey dinner.

Yikes - food food food.

It will be wonderful to see everyone. The food seems overwhelming. I plan to do the best I can. I don't need to eat rolls or mashed potatoes...I can eat them any day of the week.

I may not have alot of time to post. I'll try to at least stop by to say hello.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

...Beverly

rakel
12-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Beverly, sounds like you really do have a lot of things coming up, but it also sounds like you're going to have a wonderful time surrounded by love ones. Which, hopefully won't be too stressful! Enjoy the holidays, they only come around once a year!

Purplefirefly
12-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I got in an hour and 15 min. of exercise tonight, but that is about all that is working for me right now. Food has not been horrible, but it's not been on plan either. I did this swing workout on exercise DVD and LOVED it so much, it was so so fun! I can't wait to do it again. My mom used to swing and was very very good, and now I see why....so fun!

Tomorrow we go to hubby's aunt's house to exchange gifts, then Monday is to grandma's house, and Christmas day is to hubby's mom's house. There will be food every day and I am not feeling strong lately. I just feel I had an awesome week last week, then got busy this week and am barely maintaining and I just feel I can't focus on myself right now :(When I get stressed I eat, and it's so hard to break that...though I have been avoiding sugar and am aware that I'm eating out of stress and stop it short of an all out binge.

Oh, and then we have my son's 4th birthday party day after Christmas, too. I can't wait for the new year so I can relax again!

rakel
12-23-2007, 03:33 AM
My fiance's mom came home with a bunch of little treats that she has been given... it's especially bad for her because she is diabetic. I admit I did sample some of the sweets, but that's probably just because I've felt pretty much miserable all day (TOM is here). I'm pretty sleepy now so it's night night time for me.

Beverlyjoy
12-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Today all the fun (and choas) begins. I won't be able to post much. The goodies are starting to fly in the door from all our wonderful neighbors. I definately over ate on sugar yesterday. However, it made my tummy feel not so good.

for today:

stretches
ice and heat
write down my food
meditate

breakfast - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk
lunch - cottage cheese, pnb toast
3:00 - the party - clementine, a few shrimp, veggies and light dip, one cookie
later - ham sandwich, veggies
bedtime - oatmeal, flax

I hope you all have a great time in the next few days - full of good times and wonderful memories.

Beverly

mj5
12-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday I was able to get all of my wrapping done! Yea! I have two errands to run today, but if I don't do them, it's not a big deal either.

Food was ok yesterday. My mom was here making cookies w/ my neice and nephew (their oven is broken and the parts haven't come in yet). She was going to leave a big plate of them here and I politely asked her to please only leave a few for hubby. (If he came home and smelled gingerbread he wold have been disappointed that there were any to sample!). So, I kept 5 cookies. That's it. I ate one and left the other 4 for hubby. She knows I have been trying to lose weight again and has been really supportive.

She has also given me lots of clothes--she has been losing weight and is already a couple sizes smaller than me, so it works out great. She's a lot taller than me, so all I have had to buy lately are pants.

She and my sister keep saying 'after the holdays we'll start our diets', which I disagree with. (Some of you may remember...my sister was going to do Nutrisystems...well, I guess she lasted something like 3 days. She couldn't stick to the food plan). I have tried to encourage my sister to learn about eating healthier day to day, rather than looking at it as a restrictive diet. I also suggested starting now, rather than waiting. I mean, I may not be 'perfect' through the holidays, but I am certainly not going to binge my way through them....that's just extra weight to lose after the first of the year! I am also really concerned about her health (she has really gained a lot of weight and is starting to have some health problems as a result). I know that she has to want to do it and I want to support her, but it is so hard. My mom on the other hand, looks fantastic! I am sure it is hard for my sis too because people will compliment my mom and I and while no one says anything to her about her weight, I know she is thinking that everyone notices that she is the heaviest she has ever been. The good news is, she has a husband who supports her, she has workout equipment in her house....so she has many of the tools she needs when she is ready to use them!

Wow, that turned into a long ramble!!!

Sara--Good for you! carrots and ranch dressing sound good to me too!

Purplefirefly--great job getting in some exercise!!! You can do this!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Soundslike it is going to be super busy at your house, but super fun too! My family can drive me batty sometimes, but it isn't the same when they aren't around for the holidays! I absolutely agree....progress is what we aim for! Last year I think I sat as close to the food as I could have--this year I was as far away as possible and did much better. I am shooting for maintaining, but even if I go up a bit I am not going to go crazy about it!

Rakel--Ok, so you sampled some treats, not a big deal. How are things going?

I didn't get any exercise in yesterday because my knee was really acting up. This morning it still hurts really bad. I am going to take some ibuprofen and see if that will help settle it down enough, if not, I'll have to pass on the exercise today too. Just finishing up some laundry and possibly running some errands today. Going to try to relax a bit because the next couple of days are going to be hectic!!! Monday I have to work at least part of the day---we usually get sent home early (but paid for a whole day), Monday night we go to my grandparents which we have done since I was a baby. Tuesday morning we are going to my brother and sil's for breakfast then home to open presents with hubby that back to brother and sil's for dinner later on.

Have a great day!

rakel
12-23-2007, 02:13 PM
I totaled up my calories for the day and came in just around 1500, despite all of my sugar sampling... I really didn't eat much besides that, a strawberry smoothie, a tuna sandwich and serving of terra chips and 2 tacos. Though to be honest I never really felt hungry at all, I forced myself to eat just because I hadn't really eaten anything and I knew I should. I'm thinking as I lose weight my periods seem to get worse. I always had a really light period without any cramps or anything (even when I was younger and not as heavy), so maybe this is normal and I am just not used to it, lol.

Today there's a dinner after the evening service at church. I'm trying to think of a healthy snack or side dish I can bring. I would make a salad, but the pastors wife always makes one, and I would bring some deviled eggs, but this lady at church always brings hers. HMMM... I might not bring anything though, especially if I have to go to the store and get anything.

Purplefirefly
12-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Today was hubby's aunts house and I was very happy to see she decided to grill out hot dogs and hamburgers rather than the full out meal we usualy do. I had one burger on whole grain bun with just mustard and ketchup, then one very tiny little carrot cake cupcake (mini size) which I was told was made with Splenda, then his aunt remembered she had run out and used sugar :mad: it hasn't given me any cravings as of yet, and I'll just keep on going since it's already done now. Hubby had one too, and his sugar is a bit high tonight.

I'm going to get some exercise in here tonight, then tomorrow it's off to grandma's house, and she will be cooking a full Christmas meal and a counter full of desserts...but, since hubby is diabetic now she made a couple sugar free things, so I am thankful for that.

Going to exercise, then take a long hot bath, the CRASH!!!

rakel
12-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, of course I ended up making fudge, I only had a couple small pieces (2) and most of it went at the church gathering. For the remainder, I'm going to separate about four pieces or so to give to my fiance's nephew for Christmas (I'm going to make a little goodies basket for him, he's 5, so I'll also throw in a few small toys like matchbox cars and probably some peppermints) and the rest is going with me tomorrow to my fiance's brothers house where hopefully it will be gobbled up.

I make REALLY good fudge, it's always a hit when I bring it to gatherings and parties and such. Usually there is never much left, so I'm hoping it does it's infamous disappearing act, if not then I'll just start handing it out as gifts, maybe bring some to the interview I'm going on Wednesday for a little treat, actually, that's not a half bad idea!

As for food today, eh, it's alright. At church we mostly just had some deviled eggs, sandwiches, cold cuts and cheese, crackers, a veggie tray, etc, so nothing terribly unhealthy. I stayed away from a lot of the cheese and pepperoni/salami's. I just took small portions of things (most of my plate was from the veggie tray) and I'll probably be done eating for the night. Earlier I had 2 tacos. I guess if I eat again, maybe I'll have one of the free oranges we received from somebody's orange tree.