Old 12-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #1  
Plan 2 with Lites

S/C/G: 173/158/120

Height: 5'2

Unhappy Help - I'm stuck

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to LAWL. I began at the end of October of this year and I'm just a little concerned that I've only lost about 7 lbs since I started (I think I'm on week 8). I'm just a little frustrated and I'm wondering if maybe there is something I could be doing wrong. For the most part, I've been really good. I admit, I've cheated a couple of times, but I did it on purpose (no binging or anything like that) and other than that, I've stayed on plan.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by bunnylubber13; 12-16-2007 at 09:58 PM.
bunnylubber13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Bunny,

It's important that you not stray from the plan, even a little while you're in the beginning stages.. The point is to shock your body be depriving it of the things it craves.. If you cheat at all, your body can tend to hold onto the bad stuff.

Are you getting in ALL your portions? I ran into the problem of skimping on my portions and accordingly, my weight loss stopped...

Also, vary your diet.. Make sure you don't get into a rut by eating the same foods.. Even if you're making good choices, your body can get used to whatever you put into it..

Do some weird things like eating breakfast for dinner once in a while.. Eat all your starches by lunch... Etc...

Use some of the recipies here on the LAWL forum.. There's lots of great tasting meals that fall into the plan..

Don't lose hope, either.. Mental state is almost as important as food choice..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Bunny,

First and losing 7 pounds is better than not losing anything.

Like Dan said, shake things up and add variety, it works. Mix up your proteins, mix up your starches, change your dairies around. Try the variety of different fruits and veggies. It's all about shocking your body. To me, being able to cut back on the caffiene and the daily half pound of gummy bears was a bigger victory than any scale number could be.

Also, you can be losing and not seeing a change on the scale. My large and exciting weight loss total after making six months on maitenance 9 pounds! However, the last time I was at this weight I was in high school and wearing a size 14-16 and a 1X top. This morning I put on my size 8's and they were loose. The biggest changes are not what you see on the scale.

Last edited by marzbe; 12-17-2007 at 04:53 PM.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote