Old 12-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Thoughts

Well, I've been on and off the wagon so many times within the past few years that I've really lost count. I just recently jumped back on the weight loss wagon, and worked out the past 2 days and ate a lot healthier. I'm setting a new goal for myself. I want to lose 50 lbs before my 26th birthday...which is September 20th. I figure I have 10 months, and losing 5 lbs a month is VERY do-able. I can't even remember when the last time was that I weighed 160 lbs. Probably back in middle school. Wow... (I just had one of those, holy crap what have I done to myself, moments)

So anyway, heres a question for everyone, I'm not sure how to answer this myself, but here goes... so we feel sooo much better when we get done with a workout....we feel better after we eat a healthy meal.... so why do we make soo many excuses as to why we don't have time to work out or eat healthy. Just a thought...
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I absolutely know what you mean. I feel great when I eliptical, but it's so hard to get me on it! And eating healthy makes me feel better physically and better about myself. I have no idea why it's so tough to get our stuff together!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #3  
Happy Holidays!

S/C/G: 174/154/135

Height: 5' 2 1/4"

I think your goal of 5 pounds a month is totally obtainable! It sounds like you have jumped right back on it and are highly motivated to eat better!!

I always think it takes too much time to get all the way to the gym because it does add on an extra 15 minutes to my total workout time! So I know how that feels, I always make up excuses!

I also tell myself if I had workout equipment at home I'd always workout...I'm wondering how much I actually would...
short1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #4  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

gl

i'm hoping to lose 36 by my 28th(wahhhhh ) my bday is just after yours. want to be modivation buddies, cause i just cant get myself off my butt.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

I worked out on the elliptical today and I was so proud of myself after i did it but it took me until 5pm to get myself to do it, even though its 20 feet away. Sundays are always hard.. I was watching a movie on TV.. didn't want to put my contacts in.. didn't want to get out of my nice warm sweatpants.. didn't want to have to shower afterwards haha. I think when you have someone pushing you to do it it makes it a lot easier. My dad was like, you working out today. Obviously I couldn't say no because I had no excuse not to! I think everyone needs a pusher, someone that believes in them Too bad my pusher than cooks gourmet meals for me to blow all my calories on haha.
ILoveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

this makes me want to lose 20/30 by my 20th bday (mid - Sept)

i guess we'll see.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

I know exactly what you mean -- I have been on and off so many times. I feel that the reason why it is so hard to get on is for two reasons:
(1) we have to break a habit
(2) (at least for me) it is a self-esteem thing, it is hard to do something good for yourself when you feel you aren't worth it.

Best of Luck.
Crescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #8  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLove View Post
Sundays are always hard.. I was watching a movie on TV.. didn't want to put my contacts in.. didn't want to get out of my nice warm sweatpants.. didn't want to have to shower afterwards haha..
HA! I can relate to all of your reasons...especially the contacts one.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #9  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean. I feel so good when i eat healthy and exercise. My excuses for healthy eating are usually, well I want to eat the junk... I don't really make excuses I just feel guilty about it afterward.

I honestly don't really skimp on the exercise. The only times I do are when I feel really time constrainted, like I have a big exam or a test coming up (as in a few hours away or the following day.). I like exercise and I find it usually helps with stress, so taking out 30mins for a run helps me feel better and focus more...

That said the hardest part is actually getting into my workout clothes. Somedays when i know I'll be tempted to skip a workout I get home and immeadiately put on my running gear... that way I'll be ready to go the moment I feel I should go. No excuses then.

EDITED TO ADD: Also I think we make excuses because we're trying to break a habit and because junk food, and television and that sort of thing provide a quick fix/relief/feelings of happiness/high.... And as humans we always go for the quick fix...

Your goal of 50 lbs in ten months sounds very reasonable to me. Good luck wiht it.
I'd like to be down 10-15lbs (15 at the VERY MOST. that'll put me at 132, which is a little low for my body frame I think.) by my next birthday, in october. Although I'd like to be down those 10lbs by the end of next term, april 2008.

Last edited by Cats tongue; 12-17-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote