Support Groups - Silver Cows,silver Cows,it's Turkey Time In The Cityyyyyyyyy

Bagzz
12-16-2007, 12:16 PM
OKAY,SO NOW WE ARE STARTING THE CHRISTMAS WEEK POSTINGS=====I HAVE NOT DONE ALL MY SHOPPING AND MAY BE HAVING A PANIC ATTACK----next year i will join one of those countdown sites that tells you what to do and when----i have some things to mail to a few cows but it is obvious that they will not get out on time----that's okay--the cows always understand---that's why i love them------------okay, a big NOR'EASTER i approaching and i sent the boys out to get a tree before they all get buried----so many people i know are switching to fake trees but i still need a fresh one---who goes out in the backyard and cuts down a tree---??? maybe kiwi's doggie??:dizzy::dizzy:

Kiwonk
12-16-2007, 02:06 PM
:wreath: Don't say Christmas WEEK, that's just mean! I live in denial you know. Christmas season! Time for celebration! Yuletide!

Okay, panic, I'm with you. It wouldn't matter if someone told me what to do and when, I wouldn't do it. I would spend most of my time doing something else and wonder why I never have enough time to finish what I want to or should.

It's been snowing here for a few hours. So far we only have a couple of inches. But it's on top of a foot of snow at least -- hard to tell because it has drifted. :brr: When I took Jet out for some exercise (couldn't throw the ball--it was still an iceball from yesterday and it would have been buried in the snow every time I threw it anyway) I put on my snowshoes just to walk around the yard. It was tough going in a lot of places! She had to jump up and down out of her own footprints :lol:

Right now it's coming down like crazy. I think we're really in for it. :snowglo:

DH wants to cut down a tree this year; he's waiting for DD to come home before he does it. I hope he can find one! We always have a fresh tree; I can't bring myself to put up a fake one, even though evergreens make me sneeze. Fortunately, that is one area where DH and I agree. :xcheer:

I'm making Needhams -- chocolate covered potato/coconut candy. They are going to be so good I believe I will be making them again. The filling hardened overnight and today I have to dip them. Tres decadent! :candy:

Kiwi's doggie does like to cut down trees in the yard. The bigger the better, but we are not letting her use the chainsaw until she is 18. :tree:

Bagzz
12-16-2007, 08:49 PM
kiwi!!! it is blowing like crazy out there and the stupid cat went out in it--he ran out the door----i thought he would run back in,now i have to find the twit----DS IS CLAMOURING FOR A SNOWDAY AND IS NOT DONE HIS HOMEWORK---- he wants to put it off til six am tomorrow just in case-----remember the days of wishing for a storm!!! it is very cozy inside here but it has started to become freezing rain which sometimes takes down the power lines----i don't like freeeezing in the dark--i know that much!!! merry merry merry christmas SEASON!!!ALSO--i agree with keeping Jet away from the saw til he turns 18----when can he start drinking???

Cowpernia
12-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Jet is drinking? I am so confused.

Tell me something Canadian to say to my customers. I hate it when I ask where they're from and they say "Canada." I hate Obtain more but I hate this. I mean ... you're going to ask "What part of Canada" aren't you????? Don't they expect that?

Bagzz
12-16-2007, 10:27 PM
yes,it helps to have some geographical knowledge--we are always surprised when Americans know that we don't all live in Toronto. Ask where they are from---they will be from Ontario,Quebec,"the Maritimes" {all nice people from here},"out West" or VANCOUUUUUUUVER {Hollywood North====the cool people}If they are from the Maritimes or Atlantic Provinces ask them if they know me,and now that it's winter, you can tell them that you heard there was a lot of snow this year---as i write this,THE EFFIN HOUSE IS SHAKING!!!! THIS NOR'EASTER IS A SERIOUS DEVIL!

Cowpernia
12-17-2007, 08:51 AM
yesterday when I posted confusion, Kiwi's artistic post did NOT appear on my puter. I was the second poster. Now I'm really confused.

I don't want you to have a NorEaster. I want you to have picturesque light fluffy snow and pretty birds on branches. In the pictures, there are always red birds on branches in snow. Poor birds.

Does Jet sleep in the bed? It's too cold on the floor.

SugP
12-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Are y'all (except Peachy) buried in snow???? I bet my brother is now thinking that moving his family to Ottawa was a BAD IDEA. Probably shouting "Stop the weather, I want to get off!" at this very moment. Is a Nor'easter worse than a Sou'wester? We just have regular wind here.

Peach, just say "Oooh, Canada? I been there once. Which province? Any puffins? Do you know my friend Bagzie?"

We are doing minimal Christmas this year. No gifts for adults, just for the kids. Our and one other kids we know. Baked some cookies, decorated a bit. Tree isn't up yet. Dinner with in-laws on the 24th. Real Christmas turkey just for the four of us at our place on the 25th. No fuss, no muss, no stress.

My parents are going away for 4 days over Christmas to avoid the usual chaos. Sooo...they had their big Christmas dinner yesterday. It was originally going to be just my brother and the two nieces but somehow ballooned into inviting 4 other people as well for a total of 9. Ahem. "I've been cooking for days", quipped my mother yesterday on the phone, "and I'm just about to go out to do some more shopping this morning!" And this coming from a woman who can barely walk and is waiting for a back operation, for pity's sake. Will they ever learn??????

Must go clean something.

Kiwonk
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
We were lucky -- we didn't get the freezing rain, just snow snow snow. It's still blowing like crazy, but we haven't lost power. We did have a leak in our kitchen right before it started. :mad: Shades of past horrors came creeping back -- but I think this time it was because of ice buildup on the roof, not because the roof was still leaking.

Yes, I'm sorry to say that Jet has already been caught in underage drinking. Out of the toilet :no: There is no drinking age for that, but that's no excuse.

People always assume you don't know anything about where they come from. Of course, most of the time, they are right. Can you imagine informing the average American that you are from Calgary, or P.E.I.? They would just look at you stupidly, or ask you if that's in Georgia. The thing that annoys me is when you obviously show an interest in where they're from by asking "whereabouts in Massachusetts?" and they answer "the eastern part". The implication is you are too ******ed to know about cities in their part of the universe. Sometimes you just have to give up, they're so secretive (or perhaps condescending).

It appears there is no escaping the holiday ratrace, eh Sugar. I hope you have the quiet family Christmas you're looking forward to. What I hate is that perennial feeling that I've left some huge thing undone -- usually it's the cleaning and decorating that get left out because of all the other holiday things that are more important to me, but I feel crappy when I realize I can't possibly do that even partially well. I think it's going to be that way again this year, because today I have get stuff in the mail, tomorrow I'm driving to Boston and won't be back until Wednesday night. Then the tree will no doubt be put up before I can get to any clearing up. Yuk. :(

I was up until 5 AM trying to finish my parents slideshow present ( we got them one of those electronic picture frames). Yawn.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
oh sugar,your christmas sounds so civilized---we will have the usual,entire family at my sister's on christmas day----plus various others who have been invited--it is rarely less that around 30-40 people-----the kids love it and the food is good,but the chaos is CHAOTIC!~!!!!!---- we are having a SNOW day and the ds is home playing nintendo with a friend----so i didn't go into work,and they are calling me with reports like "we are out of the SMALL bags"----i hate those types of reports---i have dh running all over town looking for the small bags and of course i am marooned here because our van is in the shop and has been for a week and may be UNfixable----yuk!!!!! my lord,we have not had a WHITE christmas in years----right now we have a couple of feet of snow out there---i imagine it will stay for another week---all the ski hills are jumping for joy---some of them almost went under the last few snowless seasons!!

Bagzz
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
hey kidonk!!!--i mistyped that but i kind of like it----kidonk!!!---we got mil one of those picture frame things too---we were thinking of loading it with pics that she hates for fun----like when dh makes terrible faces and some of her cleaning lady wielding garden loppers as though she were a crazed lunatic {i made her pose like that to tease the mil} THEN,after we show her these we will load NICE pics that she likes-----how about that----what a lovely thing to do to an 80 year old sweet lady !!!!!------i must say that freezing rain made the snow almost impossible to shovel--it was like cement bricks and the stupid plow managed to build a three foot drift at the end of the driveway---ds and i shovelled it cause poor ds is afraid that dh will have a heart attack since our friend who died last week was the same age as dh-----sigh

Schatzi
12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
I am looking out my front window at the most tastefully decorated house. No wooden waving Santa, or mechanical deer, no blowup anchored thanksgiving day balloony things staked in the ground . I believe I have to lower this neighborhoods standards. but not this year... and no cowcards from this cowette.

Dear Gawd I remember the great storm of 1977 or was it 78? So many feet of snow it buried my white car- and we had to poke for it... I think I may have scratched a few neighbor cars... I remember the big storm of 1983/84 too. We were in this house rental - the owners were 100 years old with heart conditions, they had a lazy son and a princess for a DIL.. they had a quarter mile drive way and no snow BLOWER!! DH and I shoveled from sun up til passed sun down.. I was so concerned the elder folks would have a heart attack and we wouldnt be able to get them out.. I dont miss the snow at all.. I thought I would but I think I like hearing about it just fine.
Suggie- your Xmas plans sound most civilized and sane. Bagz yours sound insane . :)
I havent bought 1 present. I will be amounst the hoards out on the 23rd in NJ.
When I go to Ireland and they ask where I'm from I say "The States" ... some roll their eyes and say my axcent gave me away... but where ? NJ NY MA? Very continental and well traveled these dubliners.

We had an invisible fence installed today. now wouldnt that be a scam... yeah yeah no there really is a fence there you just cant see it... anyway its for the pups so that they can run free and frolick. We started training them today... take them up to the flag and their collar beeps and you pull them away saying NO and then praise them... quite confusing... poor darby and casey didnt want to go near the flags thinking, what!!! you put me up to it, jerk me back saying no... :dz: -- I can hear the high pitch beeping - DH cant... I think its a male defense mechanism that they cant hear that beep --the pitch is similar to a shrilly fishwifes carping and nagging . The ASPCA "correction" shock is next after the flag thing.. It feels like one of those shocks you get when you rub your feet on the carpet and touch somethin to mee its painful and I'm not so sure I want to have my girlies shocked ... I tried it and threw the collar out of my hands .. DH looked at me distastefully as he retrieved it from the woods..

One of my dogs is becoming a sneak eater hoarder. I found hamburger bits under the rug

Kiwonk
12-17-2007, 11:02 PM
---we were thinking of loading it with pics that she hates for fun----like when dh makes terrible faces and some of her cleaning lady wielding garden loppers as though she were a crazed lunatic {i made her pose like that to tease the mil} Great idea! I would do that if my mom lived nearby and I could switch them in and out myself. I figure my parents are going to do well to get the thing running. Next time I visit (like next year) I fully expect to see that it has been running the same slideshow the whole time.

Have people never heard of a plow? I shudder at the thought of shovelling any driveway, let alone a 1/2 mile long one!

I think it's sweet that Bagz' DS is willing to get out there and shovel to save his dad from a heart attack. Next time, you might want to remind him that you are a delicate flower too. ;)

Wabby
12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
My dog too, Schatzi - I donated a chair to Goodwill and when I was loading it up, I found a dog biscuit hidden under the seat cushion. No spare change though.

We have liquid snow here. It's snowing up in the mountains like crazy, though. All the skiiers are ecstatic.

Bagzz
12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
yes,the stupid snow will not stop---we are expecting MORE on Thursday---first time the ski hills have been open before Christmas in a while--dd21 went skiing today---i hope kiwonk gets back to homeport before the snow starts again---she is in a nice sturdy suv,so that is good-----i feel cold and grouchy today-----my mind is all over the map,i have so many things to do and feel like doing nothing----the tree is up with no lights or decorations on it-------it is exactly one week until Christmas Day!!!!!!!yikes.

Bagzz
12-20-2007, 09:24 PM
i see that kiwonkers is away----no one is in here to play------i'll come back another day.

Kiwonk
12-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm here! And I was all full of Christmas spirit too, what with having done some shopping while in Boston with DD, and finally gotten home in the wee hours, and today gone out to cut a tree and then made a nice dinner; all those good things. One bad thing--I burned myself badly getting a pan out of the oven. I have a very painful P-shaped burn on my hand. However I was going to do one thing before I went to bed: pack up a small box of my homemade Needhams candy for my stepmother, to send out to her tomorrow. Now I am in head-biting mood. Someone ate so many of the candies that there were only 5 left -- not enough for a gift, certainly. I don't even know who to be mad at -- I know DD ate several, but I know DH ate several too. I made him do the dishes before he went to bed (can't put a burned hand into hot water, y'know?), and I'm going to have DD dip candies tomorrow. But I've got to make up the filling tonight dammit. I was not planning on that. Piggies.

(Please note that I ate exactly ONE of these delectable items)

Hells Bells. Jingle. Merry Merry. Grr.

SugP
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Oooh, Kiwi! I would have been on the warpath too! Bad, bad family. I have to put big DO NOT EAT signs on everything around here or it's history before you can turn around. Sorry about the burn - it sounds really ouchy. :hug: I hate it when that happens.

Just coming out of a three-day headache that I though would never go away. Had to go to a library lady Christmas get together last night and did NOT want to go, but it was all right despite the head pain. Spent this morning napping and this afternoon slogging around the house instead of baking more cookies. Meh.

Tomorrow will be a better day for everyone, right? :D

Kiwonk
12-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi Sug -- hope your headache is all gone by now. I swear I'm starting to think I'm accident prone or something. I pulled a muscle in my neck yesterday in my haste to try to do these candies, and I couldn't even help decorate the tree. Not exactly one of my better days.

Ridiculously, after discovering that I had to make another batch right off the other night, I scoured both freezers and finally gave up because I couldn't find the butter that I knew I had somewhere (maybe the moose meat sat on it). So yesterday, I went in to the store and got butter and came home and started that melting while I got the other ingredients together. That's when I starting pulling containers out of the pantry and wrenched my neck so badly I can barely move. And found out we didn't have any confectioner's sugar.:rolleyes: So I gave up making candies, sent DH into town for sugar, and did some other errands with DD. While they put the tree up, I was making the dang candies. Last night I took a leftover prescription pain pills (you know, the kind you're supposed to dispose of after you are done with whatever they were prescribed for). At least I got a good night's sleep. But all presents from here on will be late. Tough :censored:

And how is everyone else doing? :dizzy:

Bagzz
12-22-2007, 05:00 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh my lordy loo===i have no presents wrapped at all===the shop was so busy today =---we had our highest sales total in three years,so that was heartening------too bad i owe it all,haha!--both cars have decided that they want to be fixed at the same time {one cost 1300,the other around 600}---the taps broke {well one did,and so we had to replace them both}===another 150 bucks---so,it was so good of everything to break down at christmas----fill me heart with joy!!--i love christmas,but it's much nicer when all the gift anxiety is over and the eating begins!!!i am so sorry to hear of the injuries and headaches in the herd!!!! it makes for a crappy pre=holiday week----glad to hear the dd is home in mooseville---my dd's are here too so that is festive---they both worked in the shop today which was quite fun---we didn't even have one fight!!!

Kiwonk
12-23-2007, 12:14 PM
my dd's are here too so that is festive---they both worked in the shop today which was quite fun---That sounds like a party! Bit different working with your (partially) grown kid, isn't it? DD and I still get totally ridiculous working together in the kitchen. Very amusing if I'm in the mood for it -- not so much fun if I'm in a hurry.

boy am I sore. I think when Christmas is over I should find a good masseuse. Or a chiropractor!

I have most of my wrapping to do too. Fortunately DH and DD have been getting theirs done, so tonight I will tackle mine.

It started to rain on all our lovely snow. That is not how it's supposed to work.

k

SugP
12-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Raining like crazy here too. On Saturday we had what looked like snow, but it wasn't REAL snow, it was what they call Industrieschnee - industry snow. All the disgusting, dirty pollution particles from the factories and such combine with fog in the air, freeze and fall to the ground in weird crystally looking things. Bleh. Europe is not a clean place.

Kiwonk
12-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Wow, that's disgusting. We are all frozen over now; the snow melted and then froze. Our driveway is pretty much impassable, the plowed part of the yard is all ice and the worst part is that the melting uncovered mounds and mounds of dog poop that were nicely covered up with snow. Honest, I'm pretty good about cleaning those up, but when they get covered, :dunno: It's really just what I wanted to do today! Shovel dog poop! Yay!

Where the hay is Cowpeachers! and other people who should be here telling us about their Christmas preparations et al

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-25-2007, 03:13 PM
merry Christmas My Special Cow Friends!! I Hope You Are All Having A Good Day--we Are Off To Sissy's For Dinner--should Be About 40 People There---a Total Zoo,poor Sissy She Wants Someone To Bring Her Valium As Her Kids Were Up At Five Am!!! Hope To Hear From You All Soon!!! Love Youuuuuuuuuuseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

SugP
12-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Merry Christmas, Darlings!

It's after midnight so Xmas is officially over here. Survived the in-laws on Christmas Eve and had our own turkey dinner today. I have heartburn. Otherwise it was fun.

I'm worried about l'il Cherry and that horrible weather I've been hearing about on the news. Are you OK, Cherry?

And yes, where's Peachers???

Smooches to all of yous. :hug:

Kiwonk
12-25-2007, 06:39 PM
:hohoho:Merry Christmas!! :gift2:

We have done the whole Christmas experience and I am tired, full and home on my own with my doggie. Last night and today at the in-laws was about enough for me, although it was fun and the food was good. This morning, DD got up early and the bf picked her up and they spent a few hours at his house, then they came back and we opened gifts, had coffee, talked to some friends and family on the phone. Then we all trooped down to the in-laws for giant sized dinner (both people-wise and food-wise). DH stayed to visit with his family and hook up electronic things; I opted to duck out a couple of hours ago with dd and bf. They dropped me off and went back to his house, so Jet and I are just hanging out on the computer, enjoying the quiet and lack of responsibility...

Hope everyone's day was lovely and thank you Cherry and Painterwoman for the lovely cards. You will have to forgive me this year; we just didn't do cards. Something had to give and that turned out to be it. This year, visiting people and turning out some homemade presents got more priority. I still wish I'd done more organizing and cleaning so I could have had a nicer decorated home, but that bus has sailed.

So to speak.

So what'd you all get for Christmas? I got the very cool Rolling Stone: Cover to Cover coffee table book/interactive DVD collection, some other computery stuff like a thumb drive, new version of Printmaster, photo paper etc, some nice clothes and toiletry items, a furminator!, a ton of personalized, beautiful or hilarious calendars (I think we have one for every room...), chocolate out my arse, some gift cards. DD got a gorgeous fleece lined leather jacket from her love, and he got fab leather gloves and a watch from her. For college students, they do pretty well.

I think I'll go gorge myself on chocolate. Later :xcheer:

Kiwi

SugP
12-26-2007, 07:50 PM
I got a hand drawn comic book, a fridge magnet and a box of granola bars. No joke. Eat your heart out. :cool:

Bagzz
12-26-2007, 10:11 PM
sugar pops!!! who gave you which gift is the question!!! we will assess from there!!----we have our danish delight here for christmas and it's quite fun having him around!! he tells us the stories of candle lit trees in Denmark and THEN,we had a tour of his home ----his mom took us around the place with the webcam----they had the sweetest tree and YES!,they light the candles AND DANCE AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!!!--- it was a much smaller tree that you could actually move around---we webcammed our house for them and they were shocked by the mother of a tree we had!!haha----probably around ten or twelve feet----no dancin around that baby!----i got a digital slr camera----i have been wanting a fancy pants camera for my shop cards---we sell alot of those and especially this year when i took alot of shots of the market and the snowstorm=====i like the way it works--- like the OLD cameras---with a real SHUTTER!!! none of this delay crap that the digitals all seem to have.==== i also got a Cross fountain pen===i have always loved those===and various and sundry items ====the girls are having fun and the ds got another game system so people seem fairly content---the zoo of a dinner went off well---my sister makes these potatoes that have tons of butter and cream cheese whipped into them ---they are amazing and probably "heart-attack on a plate"====i even put gravy on them just to make sure no blood gets through those arteries----BACK TO WORK TOMORROW---HOLY CRAP`~~!!!! peachers--get in here and tell us what is new in your world!!!

Cherry Cow
12-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Hello! We seem to be surviving the weather... we've had ice, then we had to drive through a blizzard to get to the in-laws, where my poor doggies had to sleep in a cold room and I had to be subjected to... well, nevermind. Today, it's just rain. I'm home with my sweet kitty and my dogs are curled up on the nice warm waterbed, where they belong. I got two printers (one b&w laser, one color inkjet), candles, a cow-lendar, a cowie bank, candles, and jammies.

There are some people I did not send cards to because I do not have a current address. If you would like to get this year's card, and haven't, IM me your address. It has a picture! And I'm not one of those people who crosses people off my Christmas card list just because they don't send me one. Oh, no. Once you're on my list, you're there until you move and fail to give me a forwarding address.

Wabby
12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Merry belated Christmas, cowsies. We've almost dug ourselves out of all the baby dolls and legos. We had Kayden on Christmas day and Alek too (DS's gf's 5 yr old) and baby Vince was dressed as Santa. Just my kids, their significant others and children. It was very nice to just hang out together. It actually snowed here on Christmas day, which I can only remember happening once before in my life. It was beautiful.

My DS gave me a wonderful new coffee maker and cologne. DD gave me new lovely feather pillows and beautiful framed pictures of Baby Vince and a family photo of DD, DSIL and baby.

I didn't get any cards sent out, but I dearly appreciate those I received. My counselor had me write a Christmas letter as a kind of therapy, but it wasn't really fit for general distribution. After reading it back to myself, I know I really am doing quite well considering the year I've had.

Thank you all for being such a supportive herd. It means so much to me. Blessings to you and your loved ones in the coming year.

Cherry Cow
12-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Wabby, are you still at the same address? If so, I have a card for you. If not, could you pm or email your new address to me?

I'm so glad you had Kayden for Christmas day. What a wonderful gift!

Kiwonk
12-27-2007, 04:31 PM
And I'm not one of those people who crosses people off my Christmas card list just because they don't send me one. Oh, no. Once you're on my list, you're there until you move and fail to give me a forwarding address.You're sweet! And it's a good thing, for people like me, who send cards one year and not the next. These days the guilt only lasts for a few moments...:lol: I know I'll probably send them out next year! Anyway, lovely picture!

I am thrilled at the idea of Bagz' and the Danish delight's families giving each other virtual tours of their houses!!! This is so awesome and so much the very best reason for technology! Ah, gives me a warm feeling just to contemplate it. And I will be keeping that in mind for when DD goes overseas. That might be the final straw that makes us get high speed internet if we can find a way to do it without selling the farm so to speak.

I'm also totally jealous of Sugar's handmade comic book! Brilliant--I want one!

Great to see you here, Wabbit, sounds like your Christmas was quite warm and lovely and fun. Nothing like kids to take you out of your own worries and into the whirlwind of activity!

Where oh Where is Peachiepoo? Are you all right down there? we miss you! How is DS?

We have been watching old home movies that people brought for DH to make copies of and so on, and we have finally, after 21 years, unearthed the Super8 film of our wedding. For years I suspected my ex-SIL of holding out on us because we have photos of her walking into church holding a movie camera, and she never showed us the video. I had asked a few times if she had any footage and she either said no or she couldn't remember or it didn't come out. DH asked her about it recently and now suddenly it shows up. It isn't the greatest video and there's no sound (ancient times, y'know), but there is some footage from the wedding and quite a bit from the reception! DD and bf sat and watched it with us. DD likes the hat I wore -- I didn't want to wear a veil, so I made my own lace-trimmed hat. I guess I still have it in a box somewhere.

Tata
Kiwi

SugP
12-28-2007, 06:04 AM
but there is some footage from the wedding and quite a bit from the reception! DD and bf sat and watched it with us. DD likes the hat I wore -- I didn't want to wear a veil, so I made my own lace-trimmed hat. I guess I still have it in a box somewhere.

Awww! You were surely THE purdiest bride that there ever was! Cool hat. We want to see the whole movie!!!! Like I'd have a clue how to copy Super 8 onto a DVD. Thinking about it makes my brain all mushy.

I didn't send cards to anyone except old people who have no internet. But I still love you all! Smooooooch! Maybe next year.

The comic is called Super Karrot. :carrot:

Kiwonk
12-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh, you're too kind. Really. I would not be surprised if DH got it transferred to DVD at some point. He had a machine that did that, but it was borrowed and we don't have it anymore. :dunno:

:carrot: Go Super Karrot! :carrot:

We got ~ 2 inches of snow on top of our ice. It's so not fun.

My heels are so dry they feel disembodied.

I have nothing much to talk about. My daughter is applying to spend the summer in Oman. Wouldn't Iceland be more comfortable?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey! I'm talking to myself! We got several inches more snow today. I think it turned to rain for a bit, but so far the snow is staying. DH is planning to finally get a new plow; he hasn't had one since he bought his father's truck last summer and sold off our ancient one. I about choked when he told me how much a used plow was going to cost. Sheesh.

Anybody formulating any New Year's Resolutions? Not me. I won't need any anyway, because I have an appointment with a dietitian scheduled for this Wednesday and she will be informing me of exactly what to do for the rest of my life. I won't ever have to think again.

Hope you are all having scads of family fun. Or naughty fun, come to think of it.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-30-2007, 08:29 PM
fun???? all we have around here are BLIZZARDS!!!--and now ANOTHER WINTER STORM WATCH FOR TOMORROW??? WHAT THE ****????-----this place is a zoo as usual----lots of comings and goings---that's the trouble====either too much or too little is going on---a happy medium would be so welcome----sooooo ---kiwonk is going to the diet lady====you simply must report back and put us all on diets!!! immediately!!

Bagzz
12-30-2007, 08:30 PM
and where the blazes is peachers??? it's our tenth anniversary of PERFECT '98!!!

Kiwonk
01-01-2008, 02:33 PM
HEY!

:tantrum: WAKE UP! :coffee:

What are ya, sleepin' through the New Year???
It's 2008 Cowsies, Where are You???

So like happy new year everybody. Isn't it great that we are finally perfect in 2008? Only took 10 years, but the transformation is complete. I am a Perfect Twit, what are you?

:hug: :cheers: :newyear:

Cowpernia
01-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Did everyone eat black eyes peas today? Mind are delicious and I have turnip greens and corn break. I have the day off but DS just went to work. He leaves on Sunday. I am so sad about that.

Perfect 1998 was the first ? Hooray. We must be really perfect by now.

I am a Perfect Confusion.

SugP
01-01-2008, 08:06 PM
HAPPY MOO YEAR!!! :carrot: We're on our way to becoming THE most udderly perfect cows. (Did I mention that I gained 3 pounds?? Boo!! Hiss!! Bad, bad Sugar!)

Peachy! :hug: We had fondue instead of black eyes peas. In fact I don't think I've ever eaten black eyed peas before. I have a jar of them in my cupboard but they look kind of scary. I think dh bough them somewhere.

I just looked out the window and it's SNOWING! Hallelujah!

Cherry - thank you so much for the sweeeet card! Y'all are adorable. What a doll your little guy is.

And thank you Painty! Loved the card. :smug:

Wabby
01-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Ooops. I should have told you all I started a new thread. See you all there in 2008.