General chatter - EZ...why didn't you tell me...

View Full Version : EZ...why didn't you tell me...

jules1216
12-15-2007, 07:01 PM
...on your fave female & make artis and group..

I put Alison Krauss, Jim Croce & Led Zeppelin...

Come to find out Alison and Robert Plant did a cd together!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZXN0KHpvUg&feature=related

Hubby wanted to know what I wanted for Christmass.....he wants the new Eagles cd--they were on 60 minutes a few weeks ago...

EZMONEY
12-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Sorry my dear JULES! the only song I had heard (before your link) was GONE-GONE-GONE and I loved it! I Amazoned it and think I am putting it on my Christmas List...it sounds awesome!

aymster
12-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Wow, jules, I've been pushing "Raising Sand" by Robert and Alison the last 2 months and no one has commented. Glad to see someone with the same tastes!

"Gone, Gone, Gone" has been nominated for a Grammy, I believe. They have a website with some tour dates listed and they are playing in New Orleans in April.

This CD is a must have, EZ! ;) I am sure you'll love it!! I play it at work in the pharmacy and people just love it and comment all the time. The remake of "Please Read The Letter" (Robert's own song he did with Jimmy from Walking Into Clarksdale) is done even better than the original, IMO.

jules1216
12-16-2007, 08:29 PM
aymster--"Please Read the Letter" is now the song on my Myspace account!! Hubby says he will get the cd for me for Christmas--if he doesn't I will get it myself!!

I have always loved both their voices--they blend so well together!!

melekalikimaka
12-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I wanted to get that CD when I saw it on a recent trip to Starbucks. I've loved Led Zeppelin as a kid and when I saw Robert Plant on the CD cover (I have no idea who Allison Krauss is), I wanted to give it a try. I think I'll go and hint to hubby that I want the CD.

EZMONEY
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
NOELLE ~ how long does it take to get music shipped over there? Allison Krauss has about a zillion Grammy's!!

melekalikimaka
12-18-2007, 03:42 AM
Hardy har har.... even though I was born in Little Rock, I wasn't all into no bluegrass fiddlin' or country music.

I would've assumed Krauss was "old" or something (as for the reason why I've never heard of her until now), but she's actually quite young (like me) :rofl:

EZMONEY
12-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Santa came yeaterday...OK...it was me. I picked the CD up at Costco...love it!

EZMONEY
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
My daughter got my brother the new Eagles CD for Christmas ~ he walked across the street and gave it to me a few hours ago to listen to. AWESOME!

aymster
12-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Santa came yeaterday...OK...it was me. I picked the CD up at Costco...love it!

It's a favorite of mine and I listen to it every day. (Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Robert's... :carrot: ) Glad you like it, EZ!

I do know that Alison has lots of Grammy's, I was just amazed that it was nominated for the 2007 year! Robert's talents have gotten snubbed until his Dreamland CD and Mighty ReArranger CD.

I hope they make a stop in Colorado on their (limited) 2008 tour! I'm ready to beg if necessary!! :^: