The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Question about strategy/game play in TBL

Elerine
12-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey everyone

We get TBL down here in Australia, although I'm not sure which season we're up to. It's the one where that fellow just gained 17 pounds for a weigh in, by drinking 2 gallons of water just before it.

I don't understand how that works. How does putting on weight benefit you on the show, and why did everyone get mad at him, saying that it was a plan to get rid of others on his team?

I don't understand!

Kylie

sportmom
12-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Kyle, that's the current season we're watching in the US, sounds like you are about 1/2 the season behind us, as our finale is next week.

That's Neal, and if I remember quickly, he had immunity that week and so could not be voted off. Therefore, by gaining a huge amount of water weight that week, he would post a higher number than normal, KNOWING that he would quickly lose all that (within 24-48 hrs) plus MORE by the next weigh-in. So in effect, he would lose all those 17 lbs plus probably 8-10 more, which was his standard loss. What he basically did was guarantee himself of being the biggest loser at the next weigh in.

Does that make sense?

Elerine
12-14-2007, 11:52 PM
righto...what a schmuck!

Thanks!

chick_in_the_hat
12-15-2007, 11:26 AM
righto...what a schmuck!

Exactly. Welcome Elerine!

Hun.e.B
12-15-2007, 11:55 AM
really stupid move, but he didnt have immunity, he ended up being up for eliminations but he knew he had the votes against the other 2 people on his team. His actions were to ensure that one of the other 2 people on his team were kicked off.

sportmom
12-16-2007, 06:27 PM
That's right! I knew there had to be another twist beyond just gaining his own weight to get the wrath of so many people - that's what it was, he somehow played with fire and put others in the direct line of elimination.

Jen415
12-26-2007, 01:28 PM
They DID add a new rule to players with immunity that if they gained weight at the weigh-in, that the immunity was null and void. Here's hoping that applies to all seasons from now on.