Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #1  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Default Why does this feel so wrong???

HI all! I started WW 2 weeks ago and have lost about 5 lbs. I guess it could be water weight...not sure how much is true weight loss. I have done LAWL in the past and it was very strict, so to be on a program that allows ANYTHING is kind of hard for me to wrap my mind around. I am doing the program with my husband (not through meetings or online) because my sister bought extra supplies at her meeting and we are receiving info from my family and my MIL who are all on WW. With a 3 y/o and 10 mo old twins going to a meeting right now would not fit into my life very well. I am doing good just to get to the grocery store without incident and since my husband and I are both doing the program I am not paying a babysitter and two WW fees to go to the meetings, kwim?

Somebody tell me it is really ok that I have been having fun size M&Ms as my treat every day... I eat lots of veggies, lowfat dairy, and fruit by nature so I don't have a ton of trouble staying within points right now. It just seems bizarre. My husband is having to make himself eat more food at night, yet he has lost 3 lbs (he's been doing it 1 week).

Is anyone else shocked by how relatively easy this is (compared to other diets) and has it worked for you???
Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

It's all right. Enjoy. That's a perk of Weight Watchers. You don't have to feel deprived.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #3  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

It's worked for me so far!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

As long as you are getting in your 8 Healthy Guidelines and nutritional requirements you can have candy everyday. However I found if I tried to eat fruit as my sweet snack I felt more satisified but it is all individualized.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #5  

I'm of the old school of "If It Aint Broke, Don't Fix It". If you're doing the program like you should by following the healthy guidelines, then GO FOR IT GIRL! Sounds like you're doing a really good job so far.

A piece of advice from an oldy but a moldy of the program, make sure you get lots and lots of variety. That way you don't get burnt out.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:43 PM   #6  

I agree with what everyone said. If you stick to your points and follow the healthy guidelines, you can eat whatever you want. Portion control is the key. Variety is the spice of life. If you deprive yourself for a long period of time, you are more likely to just give up in the end. However, I would add that doing the on-line program or going to meetings (even better) really makes the program complete. Getting the extra input from the meeting room is especially helpful during periods of stress or when you get towards the end and the weight loss slows down. Bottom line though: you are doing a good job following the program rules. Enjoy the "new you" ... a healthier and happier one for 2008.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:09 AM   #7  

It sounds like you're doing great! There's nothing wrong with eating candy, as long as it fits into your points for the day. And yes, it is an easy weight-loss plan to follow!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #8  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I said that to my leader after the first week on weight watchers...It feels so wrong that I'm eating three times a day plus snacks and STILL losing weight. My brain was trained to starve to lose weight. Each time I would eat my brain would say your going to gain I just know it ...I lost 5 pounds that first week too ...however I NEVER lost 5lbs with the normal starve myself diets I would try for a month or so then give up...I'm on week 3(almost 4) and still find myself thinking I'm going to gain when I eat something like a burger or ice cream.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #9  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Good for you, you've learned the magic secret! All those folks who want a magic pill to lose weight? Well, you've found the real magic. Stick with what you're doing, it really isn't hard. Follow your points, your eight healthy guidelines, and get some exercise in. Some weeks you'll lose a little, some weeks you'll lose a lot. Some weeks you may even have a small gain, but remember TOM and sodium can play a big part in that, and it'll all go in the right direction even if you hit one of those obstacles.

In answer to your question....yes it is this easy. 16 months after I started and I still think it's easy. Work the plan and it works for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Closed Thread