LA Weight Loss - satisfying or not

View Full Version : satisfying or not

Reddalice
12-14-2007, 03:53 AM
I was perusing the TDP when I found a thread I have never seen here. What foods do you find satisfying and what foods leave you wanting? I think this is an awesome question, with great suggestions that will benefit everyone.

Satisfying: Fiber One bar or a Mission Carb-Balance tortilla. Either one I can eat by itself and be good for two-three hours.

Not so Much: Apples! Everyone says they are full of fiber and will keep you full... but I eat one (or two!) and then within a half an hour I am starving.

I read once in Woman's World that the secret is protein+fiber+(a small amount) of healthy fat. Hmn.

suitejudyblueeyes
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Satisfying: I'll 2nd the homemade soups... rice and beans... cheese and crackers (in their appropriate portions, of course!)

Unsatisfying: yogurt, smoothies, bananas

I agree with the protein + fiber + good fat formula. Go eat an apple with some pb or some cheese, you'll notice the difference in how full it keeps you. I never eat a snack that doesn't meet this criteria, or I'll be hungry in a half hour.

NewSkinnyMe
12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
oooh, great thread!

Let's see.. Satisfying: Cheese cubes and TLC crackers (great snack)

Not satisfying: 100 calorie packs of anything. I think it's psychological -- I eat them and just know I'm still hungry.

Lori