LA Weight Loss - Ex Trainer and Employee. Expert in Pure

pureweightlossemploy
12-13-2007, 09:22 PM
I can help with any questions about the 9 colored programs, the Lites, the supplements, receipes (I have over 500) tips, advice, etc. I trained over 250 counselors and know about everything. Please let me know for anyone that might need extra help as their centers are closing.

Lynx
12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I can help with any questions about the 9 colored programs, the Lites, the supplements, receipes (I have over 500) tips, advice, etc. I trained over 250 counselors and know about everything. Please let me know for anyone that might need extra help as their centers are closing.

Hi,
Sorry I don't know your first name. Make sure you file for unemployment after your last week of work.

Some states require employers to give notice to the State when they are closing a business. It depends on how many employees are working in the state.

Lynn
week 48
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

NJGIRLinVA
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Hello, It is so nice of you offering your help to everyone. I have 2 questions. The first is reguarding the supplements. Do you think they really help and which do you suggest taking?? I have a 6 month supply of all of them. I was wondering if it was to my benefit to take them or sell them.
Second how come the bars that come in the 14 box taste so much better then the ones in the 7 count box??
Let us know if it is just the Pure weight loss closing or LAWL also. Thanks again..

Debbie24
12-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi thank you so much for offering to help.

I was on gold about 1.5yrs ago then got pregnant and now my son is 5m. The center i was going to here in Orlando closed and i want to try to do this on my own. I am breastfeeding and i'm cutting out dairy from my diet since i think my son is allergic. I also dont want to use the lites. I have about 39 boxes but i would much rather not use them. They give me problems. Anyway i was wondering which plan you would suggest for me. I dont have the new plans so if possible can you tell me what i should be having daily considering my circumstances?

Thank you again, this would really help me.

Edited to add: this info will really give me the start i needed. Its hard to get started when you dont know if what you are doing will work. I mean i know the gold plan but adding in there breastfeeding, no lites and cutting out dairy i'm sort of lost.

ferrarimomof2
12-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Hello,

Thank you for volunteering to help us out. I just joined Pure on 12-3 and am so disappointed to hear this news about closings. I did National Weight loss (name before LA) back in 1996 and was very successful with it. I got within 10 lbs of goal. I had a car wreck and used that as an excuse to stop eating right and never got back on program. I have regretted this for a long time. I have tried diets by myself for years and had some success. I'd loose and gain weight over and over again. So, I finally decided to go to one on one counseling at what is now Pure. I have lost 6.5 lbs the first week. I really hope that I can do this with this board and myself. I am so ready to loose weight for good.

Dionne

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 01:16 PM
To NJgirlinVa:

OKay, so depending on which supplements you have, here is what you need:

The Multi Vitamin, EFA and Calcium chews are all supps that you should defeintely be taking during WL. The Multi is a good multi, the EFA's are great and have tons of additional benefits such as Hair, Skin, Nails but it has also been known to help with blood pressure etc. The calcium chews are improtant for all women. It's important to know that these can also all be purchased somewhere else.

In my opinion, the supplements were an additional tool. I saw people lose enormous amounts of weight using every supplement but I also saw people losing without. The Reduce Plus is a great supplement because of it's CLA. If you google CLA in relation to WL, you will find some compelling imformation. It also may help to maintain muscle mass during WL which is great.

XCEL? I never sold this to everyone. Some people react to it negatively and some people swore by it. It's expensive and I would see many people purchase it, use it for a month and not repurchase but they still lost.

Eliminate totally works but there is a VERY long list of clients who we couldn't sell to including women on birth control. It 100% works for retention of water though.

I would SELL CARB ENDERS if you have that one.

If you have any of the old supps like TriMax etc, those were replaced by reduce plus and XCEL.

Regarding the bars: The company changed many formulas as they went from single boxes to double boxes. Caramel deluxe, cookie dough and fudge brownie were changed. In all honestly, they started making a better product.

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Debbie 24:

Anytime you add or delete denominators, you MUST switch plans. You have 4 different things going on here. If you are doing GOLD you are on the WRONG plan. Here is why:

First off, breast feeding moms are NEVER on Gold even if you would have been on Gold regularly, You need more food because you are feeding the baby. Are you the babies sole source of nutrition or are you just supplementing? This is important.

Second, I always advised breast feeding moms to stay away from LA Lites, especially all powders because of the aspartame contained in certain LITES. Coconut Almond is another you should not eat.

Third, if you are NOT doing the Lites, you are going to be on another plan because you aren't getting the 16 grams of protein that we are assuming you are getting. Therefore, you need another plan that has more exchanges (food)

Fourth, if you are not going to do ANY dairy, we would also have to change your plan because you would be missing that exchange as well.

Get back to me on some more specicifs and I will rework your plan and tell you exactly what you should be doing. We will get you started!!!

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Ferrarimomof2:

I am here if you need me!

TERZALPAP
12-14-2007, 01:37 PM
hi im on gold and just found out my center is closing here in Pa. this Saturday (i will be out of town) and i wassuppose to get my stablization/maintenance) what am i suppose to do??????????

juliemarie
12-14-2007, 01:38 PM
employee-thank you for not endorsing the Carb Enders-if you had i probably never would have paid any attention to anything else you had to say;)

Voluptuous1
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Do you have any supplements, particularly Pure Control 420?

Voluptuous1
12-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Being that the center is closing, I have another question. I'm currently on the gold plan, just started, and I have no lights, what should I substitute for the two lights that I won;t be taking.

IKIF
12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
hi... um how do you make the calculation to know in which plan the clients should be? and what is the order of the colored plans?

marzbe
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Being that the center is closing, I have another question. I'm currently on the gold plan, just started, and I have no lights, what should I substitute for the two lights that I won;t be taking.

Lunas - - check the sticky at the top for all the subs.

Goldia
12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi There,

I had gone to a center close to my office last month - they were having a special and encouraged me to come immediately even though I would not be able to start right away. I told them that my endocrinologist was having a number of tests done (including allergies) and that after they came back I would start. They weighed me, asked a lot of questions, signed me up (took my money) :censored: and put my membership on hold.

Now that they are closing I was told that there is nothing they can do for me and to come by for the refund paperwork.

The plan seemed to be a perfect fit for me as far as carbs vs. protein vs. fat, etc. Do you have the materials I would need to get started on my own (with the help of this forum)? Any help would be much appreciated! :dizzy:

Debbie24
12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
i made a thread to you but i'm posting here also.

Getting back to you from the previous post where you were offering your help.

Ok so i was on a gold plan about 2yrs ago and i'm not on anything right now. I had my baby about 5mo ago and i want to get started again losing weight but i havent started yet because i didnt know where to begin since my center closed. I've been trying to have my last meal at about 7pm but i usually go to bed at about 1am and i'm so hungry in between that time. Anyway here are my specifics.

I am breastfeeding and i am babys sole source of nutrition.

i am eliminating dairy from my diet

I havent used any lites since before i got pregnant and i dont want to use them anymore.

I am 5'2 165lbs and my goal is to be 135lbs.

Thank you so much for you help.

One other thing, i'm trying to get my husband to diet with me. He's 5'7 175lbs and he wants to lose about 20lbs. Could you tell me what plan he should be on also?

Thanks again.

hourglass
12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
pureweightlossemployee,

Thanks for helping us out. Do you know anything about the corporate licensee PWL centers? They are not exactly franchises and not exactly strictly corporate -- I never understood that. This is the case with my center and I was told that it will remain open.

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Voluptuous:

If you are regularly on the GOLD plan but you are not doing the Lites, then according to Pureweightloss, we would put you on PURPLE which is the next one up. You would not move down to GOLD until you "would have" moved to GREEN. Does that make sense? So you need to go on PURPLE.

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 08:59 PM
TERZALPAP: I can walk you through STAB and MAINT.

The whole point is to stabalize and maintain during this phase so you cannot do TAKE OFF or FAST FORWARD as they are only for WL stage.

STAB is going to last 6 weeks and MAINT will last 12 months or however long you need.

You keep the last menu plan that you were on and every week you ADD exchanges week by week. You will only go back to WL if you deviate and gain, but you would have to redo STAB if that happens.

So, we will call this WEEK 1 STAB.

STAB 1: You are going to add 1 FAT
STAB Week 2: 1 FRUIT 1 VEG
STAB WEEK 3: 1 Condiment and 1/2 protein
STAB WEEK 4: 1 starch
STAB WEEK 5: 1 Dairy
STAB Week 6: Add nothing

You will then move to MAINT. It is totally normal to fluctuate 5 pounds during this time but not more than that.

Each week has a different topic you are supposed to be handling so if you want that too, let me know.

Good Luck!

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 09:08 PM
To Anyone wondering about the PURE plans:

In the PUREweightloss world and the world of LAweightloss CORPORATE, there are 9 main plans and a Senior Plan.

The plans are:

GREEN
GOLD
PURPLE
BLUE
RED
ORANGE
RED 1
ORANGE 1
RED 2

The way we determined what color you were on was using 4 factors:

Medical Conditions
Activity Level.

I have seen a lot of people on this site who are on the wrong plan. Everyone thinks they are on GOLD but there are certain reasons why that would not be the case.

CARDIACS AND ALL HEART ISSUES
BREAST FEDDING MOMS
SENIORS
DIABETES-ORAL AND FOOD CONTROLLED
PEOPLE WHO WORK OUT MORE THAN 5 HOURS A WEEK
TEENS
SHIFT WORKERS
PEOPLE WHO ARE VERY FAR FROM THEIR IDEAL WEIGHT
WOMEN VS MEN

*THESE ARE ALL ON A CERTAIN PLAN

I can help anyone determine that but I would need basic info emailed to me privately unless you are not too shy to post:

I need age, height, weight, medical conditions if any, workout schedule of any etc.

Let me know. There is a specific sheet we used to determine where you would fall so it's hard to figure it out yourself. If you are on the wrong plan, this plan will be hard for you and or you will not lose.

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Debbie 24:

You would most likely be on PURPLE and you would stay there because you aren't doing the LITES but I will calculate it with the sheet and get back to you. Your husband would be on the MAN PLAN. If you do not have that one, he could do PURPLE and add 1/2 a protein. GOLD IS THE WRONG PLAN FOR YOU.

Do you guys have any seriuos medical conditions, are you shift workers or do you work out more that 5 times a week?

You can do the program as a breast fedding mom as long as the baby is older than 12 weeks if you are the sole source of nutrition.

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Voluptuous:

I have not heard of that Supp. Do you go to a franchise?

I have the following supplements:

Calcium Chews
Reduce plus
Multi Vitamin
EFA
XCEL

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 09:26 PM
GOLDIA:

If you signed the contract, what refund are they providing you? Did they tell you what plan you were on? With more information, I can help you determine the plan.

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Hourglass:

I am not exactly sure what those are. I worked for the Corporate side of things. I am not sure what your center is. The best way to figure it out is ask who owns it. If they tell you a specific name, it sounds like frnachise.

What also happens at times is that the CORP side will take over a franchise center waiting until the rest of the centers in that area are available. There are some signs to watch out for in terms of trouble down the road:

-Hours get changes or sliced
-Product starts running low
-Huge employee layoffs or turnover
-Huge discounts on product

I will ask around to other employees and see what we find out.

Lynx
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Ok I have to ask this question. At what age is the senior designation suppose to begin? Thanks

Lynn
week 48
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
PS- I am Jamie for everyone who needs that info!

Good Luck!:

Tuesday Cool
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Jamie, thank you for your dedication and support. I cannot tell you how much your offer of information and advise buoys my spirits when this huge shake up is going on. It is not lost on me that you are in a place of losing your job and clients you have been close with.
Thank you.

Tuesday Cool
12-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I do have a question. My center has never been able to explain the reasoning/science behind Take Off and Fast Forward. they talk so fast I have a hard time believing a word they say. it is like listening to my teenage daughter explain nuclear physics. i just do not think they get it. Tues

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Lynx:

At Pure and the old LAweightloss, we start seniors at 65. There is a completely different Senior Plan that is specifically for Seniors. I know you are at franchise, so it might be different there.

:)

pureweightlossemploy
12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Tuesday Cool:

Here are the reasons behind Take Off and Fast Forward.

You are techincally only supposed to be doing FF at the very beginning of your program or if you are restarting and coming off a long deviaition.

The juice is supposed to work like a "flush" and "detox." You are allowed to eat unlimted proteins and unlimited greens while sipping on the juice all day. If you do it correctly and you truly eat all day, you don't get hungry. The old juice had L-Carnitine in it but that has since been removed from most bottles. The dieiticians say that it is a cleanse for your body and gets the gallbladder and other organs ready for weight loss.

Take Off is the menu and juice that you can do every 2 weeks but not more than that. TO is an extremely limited menu where you are eating little amounts of food with the juice. This is supposed to "bump" WL if you are experiencing a plateau which is highly common in weight loss. You can use this if you have had a hard weekend etc... but is not meant more than that.

In direct terms, FF and TO are meant to "bump" weight loss, cleanse and detox with a juice that is full of vitamins and minerals.

Hope that helps!

IKIF
12-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Jamie and thanks for all the information.

the info its for my sister, and she doesn't have a center close by, but I want her to diet with me so I told her I would get her some info

Age: 25 (on march will turn 26) Height: I think 5'2" sex: female weight:175-180 medical conditions: sometimes (rarely) depression, activity level: very low(less than 2 hours weekly)

jamiam
12-15-2007, 10:13 AM
What plan should I be on?

Female
5'5"
Workout 3 to 4 times a week - exercise class or treadmill/weight machines
No medical conditions
Weight at home today: 146
Weight at center Thurs: 150.2 (after work, fully clothed, most food and water consumed)
Current Plan: Blue (2 1/2 P, 3 V, 3 S, 2 D, 2 F, 2 Fats, 2 LA Lites)

Thanks a bunch.

Debbie24
12-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Debbie 24:

You would most likely be on PURPLE and you would stay there because you aren't doing the LITES but I will calculate it with the sheet and get back to you. Your husband would be on the MAN PLAN. If you do not have that one, he could do PURPLE and add 1/2 a protein. GOLD IS THE WRONG PLAN FOR YOU.

Do you guys have any seriuos medical conditions, are you shift workers or do you work out more that 5 times a week?

You can do the program as a breast fedding mom as long as the baby is older than 12 weeks if you are the sole source of nutrition.

Jaime thanks for all your help. I'm going to look out for your reply to which plan i should definitely be on.

As far as your question, do we work out or have medical problems:

I try to work out everynight for about 15-20mins on the elliptical, i'm going to try to keep this up. Would i be on a different plan if i work out and if i dont? Please tell me both if possible as i'm not sure if i'll be able to keep exercising as the baby gets older, he takes so much of my time.

My DH does not work out but he is a mail carrier. Some days he walks all day but some days he drives the postal truck, no shift work.

We do not have any medical problems.

LadyZaidi
12-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I just started Maintenance, but I want adjust my menu to do it without Lites. Anyone know what foods I can add to compensate? Not really looking for a different "bar", prefer real foods. Right now my Maintenance includes 2.5 Protein, 5 Veg, 4 Fruit, 3 Starch, 2 Dairy, 2 Fat, 1 Lite. I work out 5 days a week.

wahm56
12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know in this thread whether the online program will still be available?

Diane

hourglass
12-16-2007, 01:16 AM
The PWL site will shut down 1/1/08. They have already locked many discussions on the message board. Many features are now disabled on the site.

BuddyHolly
12-16-2007, 08:52 AM
do you do bars during stablize & maintenace and if so how many

Goldia
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM
They did not tell me what plan I would be on. I will go to the center later today. They knew I would be on hold until my tests and doctors follow-up. I am hoping they will give me a full refund, since I hadn't even started yet. I will let you know what they say. Maybe they will have some materials they can give me. Thanks

krjpy
12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Can you please confirm for me that the plan I am on and the weight that they said I should change plans is correct?

Female
5'5"
Workout 4 to 6 times a week - elliptical & Recumbant Bike (just starting 3 days a week of light weight workout for toning)
No medical conditions
Starting weight: 311.8
Starting Plan: Red 1
Weight at home today: 263
Present Plan: Red (2.3 P, 4 V, 3 F, 1 D, 1 F, 2 Lites)
Next Plan Change: 230 lbs change to Purple
Then Plan Change: 190 lbs change to Gold
Goal Weight: 175 lbs

ALSO, my father cannot seem to get the last 5 lbs off to go on maintenance. He is 65 this December, 5'9" present weight 204.8 lbs, medical is good (had high blood pressure, but the weight loss got rid of that, but he has a slow metabolism) He is on the Purple plan. Can you suggest anything for him?

Thanks for all you are doing for those of us still trying to stay with this plan that was working for us.

formerlawlmember
12-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I just found out the centers are closing. I lost 20lbs and have 15 more to loose. I like the program. They owe me 7 TO juices and 41 boxes of Lites and program fees. Do you have the maintenance program? They did give me the cards for the 6 weeks of stabilization. They are blue cards - I was on the gold plan, Are the cards color coded according to the plan?

LadyZaidi
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
You do 2 bars/day during your 6 weeks of Stabilization and 1 bar/day for your 52 weeks of Maint.

hourglass
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Formerlawlmember,

They DID give you the correct cards; those are the same for everyone. The only other thing you need is the Maintenance book that has all the foods in it. Some of the servings are different in Maint., plus more foods are listed.

momofbg
12-23-2007, 11:55 PM
They did give me the cards for the 6 weeks of stabilization. When I asked want book I use for my maintenance They told to use the same book that I've been using. But on here I keep reading about a maintenance information what is this it and can someone please fill me in on this. thank you

bella mia
12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Formerlawlmember,

First of all thanks for all the info you have provided us with. You have been a great help.

I haven't been on this site for a while now, but tis the season and what better time to recommit ...

With that being said, I do have a few questions:

Does Vitamax & Enhance750 truly work? These are the two I was given as I have been at a halt sine the summer. I started LA at 220 and am now aprox. 175 lbs, with my goal weight being 145. My membership will expire in April, is this achievable? I was on Purple with no lites but now have been switched to Plan 2 as my centre has gone to the numbered plans. Also, do you really believe that the lites/ bars work, is the the plan as successful without the bars? Are the bars not necessarly a gimmick but a way of just making money?
I truly believe in LA weight loss, as I have never lost this much weight and felt so good and been able to keep it off. My only problem is that I seem to be at a stand still and all I want is to lose this extra 30 lbs and reach my goal. i am looking forward to recommiting myself 100% after the holiday season and sticking to it faithfuly.

Do you think adding exercise is a benefit?

I just really need serious advice as I have been yoyoing in weight since July 6th between 172-175. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for any suggestions and information.

roserph
12-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi Jaime,

Any suggestions for bar replacement? I have been following the plan online and have lost 43 pounds and have 17 more to go till I hit goal...I am currently on the Gold plan with 1/2 extra protein....should I remain on this until goal? They really didn't provide me with any guidelines online and when I asked I never got a straight answer from them. Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Rose

ontheupside
12-29-2007, 10:27 AM
thanks for offering to help us! I was on LAWL 18m ago and lost 30 pounds...I am 5'4 and got to 134 and then started gaining before maintennance and stabilization, DURING WL mode! They switched my plans and tried nearly everything....I was able to maintain for awhile, Ive followed the same eating principles and even gone on a more vegetarian diet, no processed foods and no lites, I am teh same size give or take an inch all around and am now 148 pounds and would like to lose 10. I work out M: 1/2hr cardio,1 hour weight class with elevated heart rate, T; 1/2 hr different cardio w/1hr pilates, W: off or 1hr straight cardio Th: same as Monday, Friday if W wasnt off, then 1hr straight cardio. I have three kids, am 38 and on the run all day. I dont want to use bars. I have the plan books- just not sure which plan to start....I was thinking purple no lites but dont know how to replace the lites with protein, etc. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks so much!

CarolMc03
12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi! I started the program around September and did really great. Lost 15 lbs and felt alot better about myself. Then, like many others, my center closed the beginning of November. Since then I have not done as well. I got a little discouraged and then with the holidays I have put back on about 7 lbs. I was wondering if I should do TO again or FF? I don't have the regular juice I have the Hollywood diet juice which my old counselor said was pretty similiar. Any help would be much appreciated. I am REALLY ready to commit and get back on track. Thanks, Carol

buffystar
12-31-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey, Carol! I'm in the same boat you are. I also use Hollywood Miracle Diet and do the take off to the tee- TO is used for when you have fallen off the wagon, FF is for when you have a minor flub, but have been doing well for the most part. Nothing like suffering through a TO to recommit. One day almost down one more to go! I"m sticking to this program this time come **** or high water. Good luck to you, Carol:)

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Jamie didn't feel a bit overwhelmed here.. :lol:.. Well, I can't blame her.. She's not just dealing with the loss of a weightloss plan, but of her job as well, so I'm sure she's busy trying to pick up the pieces...

ChristyLee
12-31-2007, 03:13 AM
What supplements are not safe to take if you are on birth control?
-Christy

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Christy,
Just speaking from semi-personal experience, our counselors didn't identify any problems with any of the suppliments for my wife who uses BC...

ChristyLee
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Happy Holidays everyone!

What supplements are not safe to take if you are on birth control? Also, my husband is Diabetic; what supplements are not safe for him to take?

-Christy

:?:

buffystar
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
I was not allowed to take Trimax plus (the one with the Gingko Biloba because I took bc). I wasn't informed of any others.

Voluptuous1
12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your response. I just wanted to give you some details about me and maybe you can help me out with my plan. I am 30 years old, 5 foot 9 inches and I weigh 220 llbs. I just started the purple plan with lites. Now I don't have any lites. Do I need to substitute the lites or can I just do the plan without the lites?

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 12:34 PM
You know, that's the one thing that consistantly frosted me about the COD's.. Lack of consistancy with what they told us... My wife was never informed that there were suppliments she should or shouldn't take based on any medication she might be taking.. It would have been nice to know.. Grrrr...

ChristyLee
12-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! If anyone has any info about Diabetic supp' use that would be great!! Good luck & best wishes to everyone!

ChristyLee
12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
I have the little info cards they give you when you first enroll....I see that there is a Tri-max & a Tri-max plus; where they both addressed as not compatible with BC pills? Thanks!

buffystar
12-31-2007, 03:58 PM
I agree with you completely, Dan. Maybe n some ways the closing is going to be a blessing in disguise and we just don't know it yet. Have you been able to do stabilization and maintenance?

CarolMc03
12-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey Buffystar! Thanks for your post, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who royally screwed up! The worst thing about it is that I really feel good when I am doing good, clothes fit better, etc. so I don't even know why I let myself go! I looked in my book and the Takeoff that is listed is for 6oz of protein, do you remember if that is total for the day? I totally forgot and if I am going to do this I only want to do it once! Thanks, Carol

Dan2112
12-31-2007, 06:26 PM
I agree with you completely, Dan. Maybe n some ways the closing is going to be a blessing in disguise and we just don't know it yet. Have you been able to do stabilization and maintenance?

Yeah.. To a certain extent.. That's the good part about this site.. There's plenty of information to be had for the asking... I probably rushed through my stabilization phase and with the holidays, have thrown my maintenance out of whack.. My problem was that after I reached my goal, I kept losing, so I ended up almost 10 lbs. under goal, which I really had not problem with :lol:.

But as of now, I'm bouncing around a bit and am not sure how to stop it...

MTdebster921
12-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Carol- Yes, on TO (with lites) your protein intake for the whole day is 6 oz., you can also do 1 1/2 C. eggbeaters. That is with unlimited green veggies too. If you don't do lites, then you do the fast forward which is unlimited lean protein and green veggies, along with the juice, oranges or cantalope.

CarolMc03
12-31-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks Deb! Sounds like Wednesday and Thursday are gonna be rough days for me!!!! But I did it once I know I can do it again! I just might have to start posting a little bit more and looking for help here! Thanks again! Carol

almsthere
01-01-2008, 12:01 AM
I, too, am quite shocked at the abrupt closing of my center in suburbs of Philly. Here's my sob story:

I am currently on the purple with no lites since Sept 1. My child got injured in my center badly, (requiring stitches and sedation in CHOP) and I stopped going (mostly out of concern for my little boy) but kept trying to do it at home. We have also been trying to conceive, for the last 4 months with no luck. :( I have recently started going back in to the center in Dec, still on purple. My willpower hasn't been all that strong since the holidays either and the emotional rollercoaster of conception. In addition, to getting serious about following the plan, I wanted to do a fast forward or take off. I am still trying to get the juice but am willing to try a knockoff brand if TO not available. My last visit to the center right before Christmas, I was told the center was closing BY ANOTHER MEMBER!!! Alas, my center closes 1/4. No one answers the phone or was there today even thought they are supposed to be open on Mon, and closed Tues. I've only notice my weight around the middle and I am only 6 lbs from my lowest weight that was 141 in Oct!

1. Should I be on a different plan? I currently work evening shift, I'm an acute care RN, 2x a week anywhere between 8-10 hours. So I am up for 20 hours straight those days since I am a mom in the mornings. I asked about this in the center but they were not so quick to change since they had changed me in Sept. I was on the gold prior to that. To change the plan in Sept was like pulling teeth. I remember from my pre-mom days on plan that they put me on the blue since I worked 3 12 hr shifts a week. I have also been on the red plus plus, too when I was breastfeeding my middle son. I think I have some of these old plans around in my files somewhere.

3. What do you suggest first? Go crazy intense first on the purple or should I change my plan? I really want to make the most of my time and lose efficiently! Today was my first day back on "track" and I am STARVING!!!

:?:

shshshhh
01-01-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Jamie didn't feel a bit overwhelmed here.. :lol:.. Well, I can't blame her.. She's not just dealing with the loss of a weightloss plan, but of her job as well, so I'm sure she's busy trying to pick up the pieces...

I think it is amazing that Jamie offered to help us figure out what plan we should be on and like so many others I am sure, sent her a private message when she first started this post, but haven't gotten an answer back yet. Jamie, if you are reading this board, we really appreciate your help and for me, I am anxiously awaiting your response. Hope you have a wonderful and happy new year.

Thanks

buffystar
01-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I am imagining Dan like a "runaway hot air balloon":lol::lol::lol::lol: But good job so far- Dan expecially in light of the circumstances.
Carol- from my reading, you've been off-plan for a while right, why not do the unlimited? I am finally down with my last 2 days...yay:carrot:

almsthere
01-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I guess I will stick with the purple plan for now... I lost 2 lbs overnight just sticking with better carbs and lean proteins!

chrissyh
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM

Hi!! I need HELP!!!:dizzy:
I joined la weightloss in Oct 2006- got pregnant 2 weeks later and had to put my membership on hold. I tried to go back in November of 2007 but since I was still exclusively breastfeeding they told me to come back when she had some formula/cereal, etc... So, I went back in only to find out my center is closing it's doors (along with all the others) and I am really anxious to begin b/c even in the two weeks I was on I lost almost 7 pounds! (still so mad I paid $ and never even really got a chance to learn the diet).
I was orginally put on the gold plan (to lose 24 pounds) and now I have the book for the red plan since I am still breastfeeding (and now want to lose 34:o:o) . I at least got all the bars that I paid for so I am hoping to just start myself but I need help!
Any good insight advice, etc...????
Oh, I also have none of the fast forward juice (whichI thought was great)
SOOOOO- how do I start?
Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Chrissy

CarolMc03
01-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi Buffy! I think that you may be right and I will do the unlimited. I just found my list for that and I think since I have been off for about 1 1/2 to 2 months that that may be the way to go! Worst part is the raw vegetables, but I will do what I have to to feel better! Thanks for the suggestion!! Great for you, 2 more days!!!!! Good luck!

Dan2112
01-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Almsthere - Good job on that loss.. See how it goes.. That's another big problem with the CODs being gone.. Not knowning when or if we need to switch plans..

buffystar
01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
2 more days, Carol. Just remember the great feeling of relief when it's over.

glenslady
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi I am on the blue plan and very near the maintence level of my plan but with the centers closing and all I cannot get any info what so ever on how to procede. If anyone can help with this problem I know a few other ladies from my center that along with me will greatly appreciate it.

gonnabe
01-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I was able to get through to the nutrition department using their old e-mail address. They are going to mail me the materials for stab/maintenance. They are really nice and I feel bad for them to be losing their jobs. I think they really care about the clients and none of this is their fault.

This is the address I used:
<dietershotline@pureweightloss.com>

I tried using the cust. serv. e-mail address and never got a response.
Good luck!

Dan2112
01-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I had the same problem when our center closed last April.. Some of the ladies were nice enough to share their information with me here on the site.. Scroll through a few pages of posts and you'll see a couple dedicated to maintenance.

traeleo
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I joined LA in September of 06. I was not even aware that they had a plan that you could do without the lites. I am currently at 227 and on the Purple Plan. How do I do it without the LA Lites now? Do I just substitute the calories? Can I do another starch or what? Can someone please help? I feel so lost.

stressrelief2008
01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks for helping us. What is the take off part of the program. I was a member 5 years ago -- moved to an area that didn't have a center. I am trying to lose the 50 pounds that I have gained back.:o

Please Help
Mickyliz

stressrelief2008
01-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Also, I guess I should tell you that I was on the RED plan and thought I would go back to that...at 270, 5'4" no lites is that the plan I should be on?
Mickyliz

pureweightlossemploy
01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry everyone. I was threatened by email to stop helping everyone but now they are officially closed so I am back on as they can't do anything to me now! It might take me a sec to read everything but I will help as soon as I can. Thanks everyone!

Jamie

chrissyh
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Yay! Thanks!

krjpy
01-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't believe they threatened you! ... Well, ... I take that back ... I can!

Glad you are back!

frankkahle
02-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Jaime,

Any suggestions for bar replacement? I have been following the plan online and have lost 43 pounds and have 17 more to go till I hit goal...I am currently on the Gold plan with 1/2 extra protein....should I remain on this until goal? They really didn't provide me with any guidelines online and when I asked I never got a straight answer from them. Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Rose

Just wanted to let everyone know that we found a good bar replacement. Its called a 'DETOUR' bar. they cost a dollar each at costco....The nice part is that exactly half of one is almost exactly equal to 1 LA bar with less sugars. So you only eat half in the morning and half in the Afternoon.

Frank (one of the few guys on here).....

Caligirl9x24
03-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Okay i have been reading all of your posts and thats a lot of great info, but i have a few questions.
1- Im on Red plan, i haven't been to LWC in months and now i think this one is closed. Ive gained weight, im at 290 do i stay on red, i don't have lites.
2- Since i don't have lites, Can i sub 100 cal packs?
Im really lost since i stopped going in, and i feel really alone with it comes to plan now. *sigh* any help im most thankful for!!

Dan2112
03-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Tess... Don't let the 100 cal packs fool you.. It's not just the calories and the fat, it's what's in the stuff as well..

The main point about eating the lites was the added protein they gave you.. Seek out good alternatives such as Luna bars or South Beach cereal bars.. both are comparable in calories to the Lites and have the same amount, if not more of protein...

You also need to figure out if your center is still open.. You CAN'T let fear keep you from picking up the phone or stopping by just to see...

Get back up on that saddle and ride!!!

Caligirl9x24
03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
thanks dan! that helped alot, Ive called the old center and the # was DC.. soo im figuring they are closed haha oh well.. I have you guys. I saw some south beach cereal bars at Costco.. Im going to go pick some up tonight, im going to do it this time.. and im not going to give up till im down to my goal weight.

Dan2112
03-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Make sure they are the "cereal" bars.. South Beach also makes meal replacements bars and I don't think those fit in with what we're trying to do.. The cereal bars are 140 cals...

Sorry about your COD.. That bites!!

krjpy
03-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I have to say the LUNA bars are fabulous. I love the Nutz Over Chocolate, the Peanut Butter Cookie, and the new one they have out called the Berry Almond (I heated it up just a little and crumbed it into a bowl and put a little bit of frozen Yogurt and made a dessert). The berry Almond is a little sticky, but SO good.

Regarding the Meal replacement bars, the company that makes the CLiff/LUNA/ZBars (for kids), has a Mojo Dipped that is a Peanut Butter and Jelly , and it tastes just like a PB&J, you even feel like you are tasting the bread. It is not a protein bar though, it is definitely a meal replacement.