LA Weight Loss - Roll Call Of States Affected By Pure Weight Loss Closings

Lynx
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I think it would be helpful to list the states that are affected by the Pure Weight loss center closings. If your COD is closing, please list the state you are in so we can get a better idea of the impact of the closings. Thanks

week 48
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

dolphn545
12-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Pure Weight Loss - Scranton, PA

marzbe
12-13-2007, 07:10 PM
NY is closing and we're all corporate centers that have been around forever.

Smethport
12-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Corporate in Buffalo, NY closing.

pureweightlossemploy
12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Hello. ALL of pure weight loss in the entire company is closing january 4th, 2008.

Julzanne72
12-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Does this include the LA Weight Loss Centers too??

Smethport
12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Sorry, I should have taken off my happy carrot guy. Got my 46 boxes of lites this morn, so a little relieved.

stitchinchick
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi - All PURE Weight Loss Centers (we were LAWL franchise until Sept. 2007) have closed in Jacksonville, Florida area (including Orange Park) as of 12/15 (last location will close on this date). All others in the area have already closed.

pureweightlossemploy
12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
LA weight loss is a different company than Pure since August. The PURE's are all corporate owned and those are closing nationwide.

stitchinchick
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes - well - whatever you want to call it - I joined LA Weight Loss & was happy and have since been abandoned by PURE - so I prefer to associate myself with the former since PURE has brought me nothing but PAIN.

But you are right - they are two different entities - and it is PURE that is closing.

vixjean
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
why are they closing, didn't they just come around in the last 4 years or so?

pureweightlossemploy
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I am soo sorry. It's such a sad sad thing. And as you know, a great program no matter what it's called.

pureweightlossemploy
12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
They have actually been around since 1989. Here is what happened. 2 guys started the company which was LAweightloss. As time went on, they didn't agree on things so one went Franchise and one went Corporate. The problem with that was that it was very confusing to clients and they never truly separated like they want everyone to believe. They had a similar plan and look, but went in different directions. Also, franchise got in some hot water in Oregon and so the corp guy tried to distance himself from that. Then HE started getting in trouble. 20/20 came along, the corp. guy changed names to PURE, made some small additions including the glycemic index and opened too many centers too fast. Thus, causing him to fail miserably and leaving the mess we are about to see. It is truly shocking.

stitchinchick
12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes...there are lots of things that I have to say about PURE these days...but the most disappointing thing of all is exactly that: it was an AWESOME program, and the one that finally "clicked" for me. I had finally found that certain something (accountability, one on one, etc) that had helped me to step out of the overweight shadow I'd been under for years. That is why this all leaves such a terrible taste in my mouth! But you are right...it is/was a great program. Which is why there are so many devoted people on this board...because this is a program that works.

JerseyMadchen
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Cherry Hill, NJ closing... as well as the Turnersville one. I am sure the ones outside Philadelphia, Willow Grove and Bensalem are too.

amylou7777
12-13-2007, 11:56 PM
All Centers in Sacramento, CA and surrounding area are closed as of Friday.

booohoooo

3meows
12-14-2007, 06:02 PM
I got a call from my center on yesterday -- asking when I will be in (hadn't been in for about 10 days). I told them I heard they were closing and they said, "really, where did you hear that?" -- this is the center outside of Philly --

wahm56
12-15-2007, 10:34 PM
All are closing in Missouri.

I didn't get any call or notice about this...just happened to read it here.

What a bummer.

diane

jochryta
12-20-2007, 08:06 AM
All of Orlando, Florida centers are closed.........I contacted them as soon as I got the call and the lady said she would send me a refund letter...never got it...sure wish there was something that we could do as a group...ideas? suggestions?

krjpy
12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
The Pure Weight Loss Centers in Virginia are closing (Manassas and Fredericksburg for sure). :mad:

oxum
12-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Ohio is closed without chance to recoup product. Will there be a class action or what?

Caught off guard in Cincinnati

sscott
12-22-2007, 12:04 AM
How do I know if I am part of a corporate center or a franchise center? I want to know if I should be nervous about things closing up in ND. Thanks!

Dan2112
12-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Ohio is closed without chance to recoup product. Will there be a class action or what?

Caught off guard in Cincinnati

Doubt it... When a company files for bankruptcy, all claims are null and void...

Everyone's best bet is to contact their state Attorney General's office and file a complaint in with their Consumer Protection office. If anything can be done, they will know... Sorry I didn't post that information earlier... Our Attorney General acted on our behalf to secure the computer and paper files... Haven't heard from them in a while, however, so I guess I'd better check in with the guy who handled the LAWL case...

momofbg
12-23-2007, 11:39 PM
How do I know if I am part of a corporate center or a franchise center? I want to know if I should be nervous about things closing up in ND. Thanks!

My understanding of it if it's called LA it a franchise if it's a pure it's a corporate. I could be wrong, maybe someone else know more.

execwife2002
12-28-2007, 10:12 PM
West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach Florida are all closed. If it wasn't for a family member of mine letting me know, I would of lost out on all of my Bars. Lucky for me I asked one of the counselors this past summer for a copy of the Stabilization and Maintenance Plan/Books. She gave it all to me so I have the main parts to live on this plan and continue my success.

chubby granny
12-29-2007, 01:04 AM
LAWL is closing in Crossville, TN 12/28/07 don't know what to do now any suggestions? Lost 32 lbs and don't know if I can do it on my own. What now?

LadyZaidi
12-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Forest Hills, NY is set to close on January 4th. I called this morning before heading over there and noone picked up the phone. They were supposed to be open 8-1, but I didn't waste a trip to find out.

I started Maintenance @ a month ago. All I really need is the updated Maint. book which corporate says they're working on converting to an email format. Hope to get it soon, and I still have the older version to get me by. Hang in there everyone and keep in touch!

jaybean
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
The center in Hazleton, PA is already closed and has been since at least Friday, December 28. I went to pick up bars and the place was deserted; no phone calls no nothing. I guess I won't be able to use the "Get your weeks back" card that I got in the mail.

The good thing is I paid by Visa for 20 boxes of lites in November and I am disputing the charge. The Visa rep said that it may take up to 90 days but I will get a charge back on my account.

almsthere
01-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Was told my center in Lansdale, PA was closing on 1/4. I swung by yesterday to get some juice, note on the door said they should have been opened but no one answered the phone later and the lights were off. Boxes were opened and strewn about when I looked in...I will attempt another visit before Friday but I am not holding my breath. Luckily, I am not owed anything. I didn't let them bully me into lites this time around. :p

ChopperChick355
01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Well the centers closed in Iowa and NE area as well

mumfydog
01-02-2008, 11:41 AM
LA/Pure also worked really well for me. I moved from VA to Long Island, NY and had been on hold but would go in to the centers to buy my bars. I only found out about the closings when I was trying to find one in New Mexico for my mother! I love the bars and actually found them on ebay. I did go into the center last week and waited for a shipment to get some of the Lites. The Lites did not happen but I did pick up some of the chocolate calciums (at a great price) and all the info I need when I hit goal for maintenance and stabilization. If you have any time this week I would go in and get the info. I may go back and see if I can get any bars or EFA's.

GirlieQ3
01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
My center was in Madison Heights, MI. I was able to get the Lites I paid for, but only received stabilization info. They were out of maintenance books. I am so bummed. 15 lbs. to go.

Anewme2006
01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Missouri centers are closed also. I finally reached somone at my local center last Friday, asked about the maintenance/stabilization part of the program and they said that they ran out of those books already. Does anyone have any extras?

katmm
01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi All,
Wondering if there have been any centers closing in Canada? I am close to needing bars and wondering if it's safe to make the investment!

Thanks,
Kathy