Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #172

Good morning ladies.

Mima - glad your tummy is feeling better. I don't know much about oil buring furnaces, as in Alberta we use Natural Gas. Glad you got it fixed. All these repair people want to do is sell new product, so they decide to scare you into it.

Tammy - glad that Tim got the job. That is nice for him. Also, happy that an aunt left him the funds to go to school. It is so very expensive.

Meme - hope you start to feel better soon. I know for the past month I have felt down and out and I don't like it one bit.

Joanne - glad you got your cards. Like you, I HAVE them, but I need to get them done and into the mail. Perhaps this afternoon.

My lower back is still so painful. I will grab an appointment for a massage on Saturday and hopefully it will be MUCH better. The fellow I go to is amazing. Too bad he is 100 miles away

Here is a little joke for you gals.

Have a good day, everybody.

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 12-13-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #2  
Fighting Fibro Forever

S/C/G: 188/177/150

Hi ladies.
Tammy - How awesome that Tim got the job! Very cool!
Meme - I think the changing of the seasons brings out the worst flares!
Anne - The 3-hour diet rocks! I've already lost 10 lbs and I'm not hungry or dying with cravings! I truly believe in this program is for me and I'm excited to see the weight come off.

Take care everyone...talk soon. E~
Old 12-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #3  

Default Hey There

Eliza- Good weight loss. Keep up the good work.
Happy- Wrote the cards. Now all I have to do is mail them.I have a couple special cards to buy.. My G/daughter graduates from nursing school next week.. We will go to N/Florida for a couple days for that and get right back home to prepare for Christmas..They all will come to my house then.. Our son is hosting Christmas dinner so for this year no heavy cooking for me.
Mima- We might get some rain and cool weather this weekend. My s/i/law told me it will be in the 20's in N/Fl. I guess I will get out the coats to go up there.
We are having our TOPS Christmas party tonight.. I guess I am just becoming a homebody.. I am going but rather not.. My daughter bought me a nice top to wear so I guess I have to go show off.
Hello Tammy and Meme...
Joanne
Old 12-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #4  

Well ... I got mine started anyway. Got all the labels printed - 64. Not as many as I usually have. I cut out several this year plus my husband isn't sending any to work so that helps a lot. Now I have to sign them all and write my aunts & uncles a personal message ... they expect that. Anne ... the card I sent you last year came back. If you don't mind, email me your address please ... I have something wrong.

The biggest gripe I have about my puppy is she won't let me eat in peace. She wants me to give her some of what I'm eating. I like to eat on the couch at night while I'm watching TV mostly because our barstools are wooden and it hurts me to sit in them very long. So, she gets right beside me and tries to get in my plate. I've broke her somewhat but she still aggrevates me. I usually just put her in the bathroom. I have my bathroom divided in half with a gate so its like she has a little 'pen' with her food, water, a towel she lays on and her paper she goes potty on. She's trained to go outside or on that paper if I don't take her out. That works really well if I'm gone or if it's raining. She's not really bad ... just still in the puppy stage. Terrible ones actually. It's Sami I'm worried about. Her head is tilted to one side, her lower lip is drooping and slobbery and now she is limping again. She can't hardly get up and down the steps again. She's only 8 so she shouldn't be getting arthritis yet I wouldn't think. I'm beginning to wonder if she's had a light stroke or something. Hubby said if she has, there's nothing the vet can do about it. She's eating good and everything. If she keeps getting worse, though, I'll have to take her in. I'm going to give her some baby asprin when I feed her this afternoon and see if that helps the leg. The vet Xrayed it a few months ago and didn't find anything, then it got better. May just be all the rain ... & maybe she's just sympathizing with me!

I can't 'keep up.' Is it just me? My daughter came last week and helped me decorate everything and then again and helped me clean my house and seems everything is piled back up again. I just can't seem to keep everything up. I'm about ready to just give up on life and go to bed. Never thought I'd actually say that! Sometimes it all just seems to get to be too much. Can't wait to see how difficult it is in 10 years from now ... if I ever make it to then.

Last edited by MemeToo; 12-13-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:37 AM   #5  

Hi there. I went to the ortho doc-they took xrays-I have A LOT of arthritis in my back-they are going to do an mri and a bone scan. I should have gotten a shot-I am taking valium to get through the mri. He thinks I might have sciatica. It must be going to rain because I am so bad today.
I was scammed on Craig's list. At first, I didn't thinks so because of a phone call and e-mails. The scam was the e-mails-they were going to send a check for 1300 which I would cash and keep 300 and give them the rest. I think the phone call was legit-he will call me on Tuesday.And I will make him show an id to get through the gate.
Evan is coming.
Good haircut. Congrats on the weight loss, Eliza. Hope you feel better, Anne. 100 miles-wow!
I need something.
Bye Mima
Old 12-14-2007, 05:20 AM   #6  

Anne, I am honestly afraid to try a massage again. It hurt so bad the one and only time that I had one. By the way, I loved the comic!!!

Eliza, I was telling hubby about the 3 hour diet. Maybe I should order the book from Amazon and give it a try. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Joanne, be careful on your trip to see your granddaughter graduate. That is wonderful for her!!! Congratulations!! How was the TOPS Christmas party?

Meme, I've been going through our labels and deleting some too. It is just too expensive to send so many anymore. I type a letter and send to people we don't get to see to keep them updated on our lives. I have it typed, just need to print it. I usually write personal notes on those. It doesn't sound good about Sami! Keep us posted on her. It isn't just you on keeping up with everything. Bob has been doing almost all of the cooking lately. It seems like I am too pooed out by the end of the day.

Pets. I am sitting here eating a Pop Tart while I'm typing. Kramer is sitting up on his rear right beside me waiting for me to give him a bite. He keeps licking his chops waiting in anticipation. yes, I'll give in sooner or later.

Mima, I have arthritis in my lower spine, and there are days I can barely move. I feel for you. What is Craig's list??

My friends and I are heading out this afternoon for our annual Christmas weekend at the bed and breakfast and many, many shops. We were hoping we'd have some snow while we are there, and I guess we hoped too much. There is a winter storm coming, and now we figure we'll have trouble getting home on Sunday. We'll just leave down there early and take our time. I don't know if I'll be back on today or not.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

Tammy- The Christmas party was nice.. Don't worry we have made this trip hundreds of times.. My hubby will only drive 50-60 miles an hour.. I am sure to go nuts without a book..I am giving my G/daughter one of my rings.. When she was small we were in the pool and she was looking at my rings. I asked her which one she liked and she picked the one I am giving her..It is time..
Mima- I am suffering today.. I ate some pasta last night.. IBS kicked in big time..On top of all the other aches and pains my day today is going to be uncomfortable..
Meme- That is one of the problems we are having with Christie.. She thinks she has to eat everytime we do.. She is a pug and they get fat easy.. I am trying real hard to convince the hubby that she really isn't hungrey..Now with the fenced in area ,I can put her out there when we eat..I need someone to come help me clean house!!I am not likely to get it..
Happy- I have never had a massage.. Maybe someday. I am not getting any younger so it better be soon.They cost 50 dollars up down here..
Have a good weekend everybody.. Joanne
Old 12-15-2007, 05:03 AM   #8  

Craig's list id a website where you can buy or sell. www.craigslist.com Ibought Jessica's carriage and swing through them-first time I ran into trouble.
He is still e-mailing me. I reperted his e-mail to the site.
We are taking Alison to the Pageant today-we go to Mike's and get the van. She loves it.
PTL it rained!!!!And it will again. But I see an ice storm for tomorrow back home. We are having the motor replaced on the oil burner-it keeps shutting off. It;s so hard to be here and have problems there!! But that oil burner has been a problem all fall. I sure hope this fixes it. Plus we put a light in the window that goes on when it gets too cold. Josh didn't report it the last time so we are back to square 1 asking neighbors to watch. I guess we have to lower our expectations.
Brad is sitting here at 5 am wanting to redo the kitchen. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All we really need to do is move the microwave. Keep it simple stupid. I guess I will have to be the one to set boundaries. I do want a wood floor because our rug is constantly filthy. Anyway, from year to year, you don't know about hurricanes.That's how he is with projects-ADD!!! Besides.I am getting him a table so that he can do his model rr stuff in that room. And not on the kitchen table!!!!
10 days and I haven't wrapped a gift. We spent the morning at Walmart-getting tires and food but the car wasn't ready so Evan and I walked home with the creamer and yogurt, Of course, Brad was home 5 minutes later!!!
You guys sure brought back memories of cassidy waiting at the table for bites-he sure was spoiled in that dept, His favorite was American chop suey-I can still hear him moaning when he ate that. Mike trains his dogs to just sit there while they eat-they just watch but you can see how anxious they get.I was never good at that training.
IbS-I usually get it from pasta. I was bad all week but am better now.
Bye for now. Mima
Old 12-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #9  
Fighting Fibro Forever

S/C/G: 188/177/150

Hi ladies. Well...I'm down 11 pounds! I'm soooo excited! Tammy, don't buy the book, get it from your library that way it's free :0) I love my library! It kills me to buy books and they sit after I read them one or two times.

Sounds like we're all hurting. I had a horrible week, my legs didn't want to work, my boss at work was fired! Yup...one week before Christmas, nice huh? Oh and on top of it I had Bunco Christmas at my house last night and I ended up at work till 5:30pm! I'm pooped and headed for bed, I have to work tomorrow. It's snowing it booty off right now!

Take care all. Gentle hugs! E

p.s. Thank you for making me feel so welcome into your group. You are all very nice ladies :0) Sleep well...ok...so sleep a little :0)
Old 12-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #10  

I have been trying to post and my computer keeps going crazy. Congrats on your weight loss Eliza!!! You and tammy have had some weather!! Hope you make it home safely. Tammy-it sure is bad back home.
We went out for Chinese after church-have had a sour stomache all afternoon-but it tasted good at the time. Church was wonderful-we will have our party tomorrow night.
Mike's washing machine went 2 weeks ago and now his refrigerator is broken.
Bye for now Mima
Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #11  

Joanne, that is so neat about the ring! Let us know what she says when she receives it. I would cry! Maybe someone could get you a gift certificate for a massage for Christmas!!

Mima, I'll look at that site just to check it out. I hope things go better at home with the house. Sure doesn't make sense that Josh wouldn't pay attention to things.

Eliza, good idea about the library. I'll have to check to see if they have it. We live in a small town, so they might not. Congrats on losing that weight! You are doing great!! How awful for your boss losing a job right before Christmas.

The weather is pretty nasty here. We left the bed and breakfast this morning about 10:15. I pulled into my garage at 1:30 or so. It usually takes about 1 1/2 hours to get home. Hard to see with the blowing snow, and there were places that there hadn't been a snow plow. I hated driving, and by the time I got home the tension in my back was tremendous. I took some medicine and went to bed.

It is good to be home and know I really don't have to go back out. We're supposed to pick up Kramer from the doggy hotel in the morning, but if it's bad, I'll call and extend his stay there.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:51 AM   #12  

Darn-lost my post. Glad you are home safe, Tammy.That storm is awful.
Ended up with diarrhea-diverticulitis or what my son had?? I hope I am ok to go to the party tonight.
Haven't got one gift wrapped but I have my shopping done except for Brad. He keeps trying to change the extra room around and I am getting him a big table to work on and little storage things to make his train model buildings on. But I can't carry the table?? he;s getting me a chair.
Hope everyone recovers from the storm-Joanne and I have some cooler weather.But it;s only going to be really cool for 2 days.
Mima
Old 12-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #13  

Several schools were on delays for this morning, and many of them close to us ended up closing. Tim and I went to pick up the dog at the doggy hotel, and the main highway was nasty!

Mima, hope you made it to the party!! I have all the gifts wrapped that I have purchased. I really need to sit down and try to remember what I have!
What kind of chair are you getting?

My BILs called from Tampa to rub it in about the warmer weather down there the other day. They knew we were getting this icky stuff.

I have homemade pizzas in the oven for supper. Bob did almost all of the cooking last week, so I thought maybe I'd take a turn this week. Maybe we can get Tim to do some also.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #14  

Post in cyberspace again.
Nice party and I was ok-guess it was IBS. People told stories of past Christmases-helps you to know people.
I like that you have Bob and Tim to cook. Brad does some cooking-I think he should do more.
Mike thought he would do Italian Christmas Day. Not good for me but that's ok-I will eat shrimp. Hi to all-Evan is coming today. Mima
Old 12-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #15  

Well, I finally got all my cards mailed last weekend but I don't have any of my packages wrapped. I have most of them bought ... still have a few to go. I'm going tomorrow to (hopefully) get the rest. Maybe I'll get them wrapped Thursday. I always get it done somehow. Thing is, by the time I get it done, I'm too tired to enjoy Christmas. Sad.

I get most of my books from ebay or used from Amazon. Then, after I'm through reading them and passing them through the family, I resell to ebay. I don't much like using the library ... only have 2 weeks and have to take them back or renew.

Eliza ... sounds like that diet is great. Good going.

I'm blaming my weight gain on Lyrica. I quit taking it. I was up to 2 every night and I was still waking up 4 hrs. after I went to sleep in pain. What they don't tell you about Lyrica is that it's just a muscle relaxant and sleep aid. It doesn't really help pain. So it may put you to sleep but then you lay in one position for a few hrs. and start hurting and you wake up. Then you can't go back to sleep. Also, it will cause you to gain weight. I've picked up 10 pounds since I started taking it.

Good news. Hubby called me tonight and said he is going on days next week. He will be working from 9 to 5:30 instead of 2 to 11. Whoopie! No more "HOME ALONE"!!!
Closed Thread