South Beach Diet - Thinking Thursday

View Full Version : Thinking Thursday

Ruthxxx
12-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Yippee! I finally get to start the daily! I know Kara is probably lurking around here so :wave:

Yesterday was a day of great accomplishment. So what if I was loading sliced turkeys into the school fridge at 10 PM - everything is ready. I'm staying right out of the veggie and dessert part of this prep. Claire and I were thinking about we grandmothers doing the work when the whole idea was the PTA's. :shrug: So many parents both have to work these days - sad. I actually have no grandbabies around here but am surrogate to at least seven kids.

Donna didn't show yesterday but will be here this afternoon. We need to have a talk but I think I'll leave it until after my knee operation! I intend to work around her this afternoon and get some decorating started.

I am thinking about Christmas and also my knee operation. Lots to do for the latter but I think Christmas is pretty well in hand. It'll be busy with company, a trip or two to Ottawa and a friend coming for NY's but will be fun.

What's on your mind today? :coffee:

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Ahhh, you beat me to it, Ruth!

I'm listening to the weather reports, we're due for freezing rain, sleet, and snow throughout the day. I'm waiting to see what happens before I have to head out. So far, there's school as usual, but Cindy is going to take them this morning. I didn't get home until after 8 last night, so at least I won't have to feel guilty about not going in until later today.

What's everyone up to today?

Ruthxxx
12-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Be safe, Cottage. I just checked the weather radar and see bad stuff in Southern NY State that looks like it's slopping over into PA. :hug:

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Ruth, Yes, "slop" is right. I used to love winter, before I had to drive in this stuff. It put a whole new perspective on it.

CyndiM
12-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Morning all :)

The sloppy stuff is also heading for my corner of Vermont. I assume I will have to reschedule my end of day appointments. I've got my first PT appointment this morning. I have high hopes for this one - I really want to get on a regular exercise program and hope they can help me with that. It's frustrating to work out a few days only to need a few days off because of pain :crossed:

Other than that lots of cooking to do. I'm helping out with a food demo tomorrow at our Co-op and have a post Christmas Bird Count potluck Saturday night. Time to get creative.

Have a good day everyone!

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 08:06 AM
What the heck is a Christmas Bird Count potluck, Cyndi??? Hope your PT appointment goes well!

Ruth, have a thoughtful rest of your day! I usually have so much going on in my head that I have to "download" onto a sheet of paper or I start to lose it all!

Linda, stay safe today!

Busy day as usual here. I tried the eggplant "french toast" this morning and it was outstanding! I should have put some cinnamon in the egg when I soaked the eggplant but I wasn't sure if the eggplant would taste good sweet. I ended up sprinkling some on before drizzling a bit of sugar-free syrup over top. Kadyn and Avery ate them up! Between the three of us, we just about finished a whole eggplant!

Tomorrow is going to be quite a day. It's my last day of Phase 1 AND the day we're doing our cookie baking for the season. Tempation much? I was going to hold off the cookie baking, but we always tag team tree (or air conditioner :lol:) decoration with cookie baking and I can't break tradition. Isn't it amazing how entrenched we are in tradition? I just CAN'T not do it!

I've got to sweep the floor before I read Harry Potter to the kids. I'll check back in later!

Kara

CyndiM
12-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Kara- The Christmas Bird Count is an annual event where crazy people (like me) spend every daylight hour and some evening hours driving/walking around counting every bird they see in a specific area and then reporting them to the local organizer. In the evening we gather at someone's house to total our counts and eat a nice hot meal together. It's more fun than it sounds if you're into that sort of thing :)

The eggplant french toast sounds yummy. Now I have to check out that recipe.

Off to my day!

THINBYJUNE
12-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone-
Ruth Good luck with your to do list. It's such a nice thing you do being a surrogate grandma to all thse kids. I'm sure their parents appreciate the help.
Cottage and Cyndi Stay warm an be careful out there.
Kara My mom has always said that our traditions are the things that bind us to our family. I love traditions but I'm going to have to come up with a few that aren't food related.
Me The smoke detector decided 3:00 am was the perfect time to notify me it needed a new battery. It just kept making this pathetic beep sound. I get up early anyway but that was kind of ridiculous. Off to make breakfast. I had the worst time eating yesterday. I wasn't hungry all day. Wow never thought I'd say that.:)
Have a great day everyone.

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Dawn, I agree that 3:00 a.m. is too early. Avery just started sleeping through the night this month (she's a year and a half now) and I am so glad to be able to doze past that hour!

Cyndi, are you allowed to count the same bird twice? How do you know? Does the person who gets the most birds win? Do you have any quail farms nearby??? Zoos??? I'm kidding. Have fun!

Kara

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Forgot to add the kids' Christmas greeting:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/tomandkara/christmassiggy2plain.jpg

femmecreole
12-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone...no time for personals today as usual...rush, rush, rush!

Hope everyone gets everything on their "to-do" list accomplished today (mine is a killer!) and hope all of you in the frozen north can get where you need to go and stay warm! It is foggy, humid, misty and warm here...it's supposed to get cold again by the weekend. I have been having to run the air condition in my classroom...with 25 computers running in there and 25 hot little bodies in the room, it gets soooo stuffy..especially after recess when they all smell like little wet puppies! Thank gawd for scented candles.

The scale moved down 2 lbs today...so today it is my friend...it's a stupid friend, but a friend.

I'm off to the tasks..

Schatzi
12-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Thinking Thinking Thinking :chin: ah yes...! wait, first :coffee: Ahhh, there! now the brain cells are a firin!

Ruthxxx--- yep you sure got a lot of thinnin' going on! You and Claire are the Delta's Angels for sure... tis hard anymore with 2 working parents to get in volunteer work and more..I bet your efforts are appreciated!

Cottage- :brr: watchin the weather report.. you guys look like yer gonna get some slop! Stay safe.. nothin to feel guilty about... why, you could even hae enough time to whip about another batch of biscotti! :lol:

Femme: Wet puppy smell :rofl: sounds like another busy day in Nawlin's !

Stay safe and toasty warm CindyM..

ThinbyJune: my smoke alarm does double duty as my oven timer... kinda lets ya know my level of culinary skills :dz:

Kara: You are the EGGPLANT EXPERT!!! I love eggplant, but darn I cant seem to do it right..(see comment above) its always limp and bitter..eggplant frenchtoast sounds delish --is there a recipe posted? You sound like such a great mom! Such warm memories Avery and Kayden will have!:hug:

Pacergal: :celebrate: Hope PrincessPacer had a wonderful Birthday!!!
KimStar- your ring is STUNNINK!!!!!!!! Kim Dublin is just charming! The Irish people delightful! I love going there!

:bunny2: The bunnyslipper brigade has to git back to work! Nothing planned afterwards except more unpacking... Chick Parm on the menu tonight....
Have a Supah day allllllllllllllll!

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Kara, here's a good recipe for your little ones for gingerbread that's really easy to work with -

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 sm. box butterscotch instant pudding
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. ginger
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Beat butter, sugar, dry pudding mix and egg in large bowl til well blended. Combine remaining ingredients and gradually add to pudding mixture, beating well after each addition; cover and refrigerate about an hour or until dough is firm. Preheat oven to 350*. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4" thickness. Cut into gingerbread shapes and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 - 12 minutes.

Your Christmas card is really cute, those kids are just adorable!

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:15 AM
I found the eggplant french toast recipe buried in the Phase 1 breakfasts. It was super easy, though...

1 eggplant, sliced (I peeled it first)
1 carton of Eggbeaters (I used the smaller one, like the size of a little milk -pint? quart?)
next time I'll add cinnamon to the egg and probably a dash of salt

Soak the eggplant slices in the Eggbeaters (I soaked them for about ten minutes and then just left them in there as I cooked.)
I cooked them by spraying a pan with Pam and then placing three rounds in and covering the pan with a lid. I figured it would soften them a bit. It did. I flipped them when the bottoms were browning and left the lid on for the second side. They were floppy, but I prefer my eggplant that way.

I've gotten really bitter eggplant before, but lately they've been really good, so I don't know if it matters what season you get them in or if I've just been lucky.

Good luck! Hope it turns out for you!

Cat, I hope your party preparations go well. Wish I could lend a hand, but I don't think we'd arrive in time!

Kara

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks, Linda! We actually decided to do a gingerbread house instead of men because the BX is out of cookie cutters. Completely out. Not a single cookie cutter in the entire store! And Koreans aren't so much known for their cookies, so there are none to be found downtown either! But thanks for the recipe. We'll try it next year when we get our stuff out of storage.

Kara

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Here's a cute picture of Audrey & Maggie proudly showing off their gingerbread houses. :D

http://http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z316/elscie/family171.jpg

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:20 AM
AWWWWWWWWW!

Kara

GONNABE165
12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow you ladys are chatty this morning - thats a good thing.

Ruth I'm glad you had a great day yesturday and I hope today is even better.

Cottage you guys be careful in that weather and be sure to bundle up and stay warm. I just love the ginger bread houses

Cyndi good luck with the PT be sure to keep us posted on how it goes.

Kara I have been wanting to try the "french toast" nad with your thumbs up I think I will this weekend. The kiddos are adorable and a very merry christmas to them.

:wave: Hiya Dawn & Schatzi hope you have a great day!

Cat congrats on the 2lb loss :carrot:

I am feeling a bit better today just tired for some reason. I must get rest this evening.

Good morning to the rest of the sleepy heads not yet up.

Pacergal29
12-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Holy Smokes you all are early today! Birthday was wonderful! I am going to attach a pic of our new addition to our family. We have been looking to get a new dog since our passed in April and somehow my birthday was an excuse to finally do it. He is going to be a horse but that is ok. He still doesn't have a name, I am taking suggestions! He is a mutt, great pyreness and blue heeler mix.

Cottage The gingerbread houses look fab and the kids are adorable!

Kara Awwwwwwwww! What a beautiful bunch!

Hope everyone in the line of the "slop" stays safe. They are talking some major snow here saturday (well major for us) about 6 inches. Guess I would rather have it on the weekend if we are going to get it! Making and Baking it is!

Gosh I am out of time, I will get back later to chat with the rest of you!

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 10:25 AM
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to you, Stephanie! Awww, what a cute little puppy!

Schatzi
12-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Pacer --He is juuuuust ADOOORABULLLLL! hmm, why not start a name PacersPup thread? When I say the mix I thought man he's gonna be a big one!

GONNABE165
12-13-2007, 10:54 AM
AWWWWWW Stephanie your bday gift is adorable. Looks like a lil bear.

Schmoodle
12-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Morning chickies, just getting to breakfast, naughty, I know, but I thought you all could keep me company while I eat. Did you ever wake up from a really great dream, and wish you could go back to it? All I want to do this morning is crawl back in bed and pick up where I left off...

Ruth, I love days of great accomplishment! I rarely have them though. It's an awesome feeling.
cottage, the gingerbread houses are fabulous and so are the girls! How is it all the chicks girls are so bee-yoo-ti-ful?
cyndi, your potluck does sound fun. Does your data go towards tracking bird populations? Are they declining?
Kara, tell Harry I said "hi." I miss him. :( I guess in the new year I'll have to re-read all those books one more time. Love the card, what a bunch of cuties! I love Connor's expression. He is totally humoring you. A couple more years and you'll have a hard time getting him on that couch!
Thinby, I went through a phase of not being hungry and not eating enough. Trust me, it will pass. Nice problem to have while it lasts!
Cat, have fun with your "wet puppies" (too funny!) and getting ready for your party.
Schatz, count me in as one of the bunny slipper brigade. Isn't it awesome?
Gonnabe, glad you're feeling better, get some rest, girl!
Stephanie, that's a great birthday present! He's adorable! Want a couple of cats to go along with him? Mine are on the naughty list today...

Well, I am looking forward to a "day of great accomplishment" as Ruth put it. At least I don't have anywhere to go tonight. It will be my first at home night all week. They claim I volunteered to send cookies in to the holiday gift shop, so I will be baking this afternoon. And I will have piles of laundry to fold while watching Survivor tonight.
Last night was fun with DD. Her dance was amazing. Now that she's in a real dance program, all the girls are good and they looked like professionals. Then we went to Coldstone Creamery afterwards and I got a scoop of the sinless vanilla, since I hadn't eaten dinner. It's nasty, let me assure you, not worth it. I ended up throwing most of it away and stole a couple of spoonfuls of DD's, then drove home with a bellyache. I'm not used to such richness anymore!
Have a good one chicks! It's almost Friday!

beachgal
12-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi, all! Got to chatting with a talkative co-worker, so I'm late. Look at all the chatty chicks in here this morning! :lol:

Ruth, you must feel so good about all those turkeys! Our puppy would love to be another surrogate grandbaby. She just drools for turkey, even though she has no interest in regular dog treats. :shrug:

Cottage, your weather sounds horrible! I hope you stay in as much as you can. We have gorgeous snow here...we're due for about 6-10 inches. I'm having my "party before the party" tonight with friends to make appetizers for our party on Saturday and I'm afraid at least half won't show because of the weather (two live right on my street). Oh well...I'll leave it all in God's hands. :D The snow is SOOOO pretty! It's falling so fast that the sky looks white!

Kara and Cottage, your kiddos are adorable!!! Audrey and Maggie's houses are wonderful, too! What fun! We made a gingerbread village every year, but we cheated and used graham crackers. ;) It was SO much fun! :goodvibes

Well, lots of snow here, so no students, yet. Not sure if any will come with the weather like this. I have my Christmas cards here with me at work and plan on doing those. I've also got some online shopping to do.

We ran out of walnuts last night, so I have to swing by the grocery store for more. Then it's home to do dishes, check on the soup I have going in the crock pot (Moroccan Stew from Sunset mag.), and get stuff out for the appetizer making. We'll see if I can do it all in time! :lol:

Hope everyone stays dry and warm. Try to avoid driving in the slop! :fr:

beachgal
12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Pacer, your pup is just adorable! :love: Not that it's a good thing to have in common, but our pup passed away last spring too. :hug: We just got a new dog a little over a week ago. But ours is 15 or so pounds and is fully grown. I think when yours is done growing he'll be able to eat mine as a snack! ;) Congrats and belated Happy Birthday! What will his name be?

GONNABE165
12-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Schmoodle I am so glad DD's dance turned out, cold stone i try not to go there as I am hooked on the peanut butter perfection.

Good morning Laurie hope you have a great day

Check back in later....

Kim_Star060404
12-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Good Thursday morning to everyone. It's been a crazy week - I'm glad tomorrow's the end of it or else I might not have made it!

Ruth: I hope you'll take a lot of time to be thoughtful (and rest)! Those surrogate grandkids sure are lucky to have you there! I'm glad you've got Christmas well in hand. Me, I've got three scarves to make by next Friday! :yikes: Why am I such a procrastinator?

Cottage: I hope that the slop isn't too terrible. Bundle up and stay safe. I hope the girls don't have you on the road too much until this is over. Their gingerbread houses are adorable (oh, and the decorators are adorable as well!)

Cyndi: I hope the PT goes well. I'm sure it is very disappointing when you have to take time off from working out because of pain. Let us know how it goes!

Dawn: We (finally :o) installed our smoke/carbon monoxide detectors and it turns out that you're supposed to test them with the tv remote. Well, of course DH didn't read the instructions, so he put it right in the line of fire. He finally moved it after discovering that the volume button set off the alarm. I hope you get in some time for a nap today!

Cat: Yay for the 2 lb loss! What a great way to start the day! I'm sure you're busy, so I'll just say have a wonderful, productive day!

Schatzi: I love the dancing bunny. Hope you have a wonderful day of work and unpacking!

GonnaBe: Yes, indeed, some rest. Could you fit in a nap for me? Hope you start picking up even more after tonight!

Stephanie: What a cute pup! I've always thought Jake was a good name for cow dogs. Although, almost all the cow dogs I know are named Pancho. What a great birthday present!!

Schmoodle: How wonderful that DD's dance was a hit. I've got piles of laundry as well, but I don't have any baking until Saturday. Thank goodness I can spread it out!

Laurie: All that snow sounds divine. We had a hard freeze last night, but there's no moisture in the air. I think we're kind of out of luck for snow until the new year. Hope you get all those Christmas cards out - that's the one holiday-time thing I almost never get done!

Me: Woke up with Aunt Flow being a real PITA, so I popped some midol and I hope the bloating will be gone soon. I expected to be up on the scale, but was pleasantly surprised to still be sitting at 212.

Our vacuum decided to conk out last night, after waiting 2 weeks for a new filter to get here. I popped the new filter in, got 1/4 of a room vacuumed and then the motor burned up. So, off to the "big city" an hour away tomorrow afternoon to buy a new one. I'd do without until we go to Austin, but we have a couple coming over for dinner and the dog hair is getting thick!

:lol:, Kara, as I'll be "downloading" as soon as I get off the internet. My mind is going a million miles a minute right now and I really need to simplify what's in my head. Time to uphold my reputation as the perpetual list-maker!

Well, off to work I go. Hope everyone has a great day!

~Kim

LoveMySgt
12-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey, made it on the thread before there were 50 posts, yah. I even have good (non SBD related) news. I check my favorite site to buy machine embroidery designs and one of MY projects (http://www.emblibrary.com/el/elprojects/showcase_elp.aspx?page=sh_121307_d) is featured today! :carrot:

Ruth - I wish I could participate in our PTA but they won't let me bring my younger kids to school with me. I am sure there are things I could do, even with them around. There are a lot of working couples where we are too, I am blessed to stay at home.

Cottage - I have to say I don't miss weather like yours at all. I am not thrilled with our 80* Dec weather but I guess it's better than yours *grin*

Cyndi - I was also curious about the bird count, glad you explained that. Sounds like something fun to do with the kids, though I prob couldn't keep count with them around.

Kara - I am gad you try all these recipes, makes me feel better when someone else likes it first. Cookie baking? You are a brave woman! I read about your younger one potty training, my 15mth old isn't even walking yet. She has some feet issues though so I am hoping in the next few months. I do have to say that she started sleeping through the night (even skipping nursing) at 9mths, bet you are glad to have your nights back.

Dawn - my biggest problem is never being hungry. My smoke detector always picks bad times to beep too.

Stephanie - awwwww, the puppies are soooo cute! My 4yo wants me to keep showing him the pictures.

Schmoodle, Laurie - hi lol, I am out of time but had to get you in.

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::woohoo: Cindy called and told me to stay home!
The roads aren't too bad, yet, but ice is clinging to trees and everything else. It's actually pretty out there, as long I'm admiring it from my own cozy house. ;)

Kim, hmmmmm, Jake is a good name for cow dogs? :rofl: I'll have to tell Jake what you said. :rofl:

Kim_Star060404
12-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Cottage: Augh! I didn't even think about that! Tell him I didn't mean it! (But seriously, if I had a cow dog, his name would be Jake ;)). My sister's cow dog IS named Jake. Too funny. :lol:

femmecreole
12-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey, Love! We have something in common...I used to have an embroidery/monogramming business (storefront/giftshop) I also did huge wholesale orders and digitizing. I really liked it till I was working 7 days a week and realized I had no life. I have a 3 head machine and 3 single head machines going and going and going. I don't even own a regular sewing needle any more...sold it lock stock and thread!

GONNABE165
12-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Wow Cottage a whole day of your own - do enjoy it

GONNABE165
12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I sort of have a NSV (I guess) - I met my DH for lunch today to come up with a game plan for tonites christmas shopping trip and he made the remark that my jeans are too droopy and they are in the crotch and in the butt area. So I said if you think thats bad remeber that new belt you got me about a month ago well its on the last hole I can go and I need to pull it tighter :carrot: So he told me that even though the the scale hasn't moved I am loosing inches and he said is great he also said no more shopping for awhile or we will go broke. Made me feel a bit better for being sick this week and not being able to workout.

Kim_Star060404
12-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Yay, GonnaBe! What a great NSV! I think it always feels great when someone close to us notices the changes!! :carrot: :cloud9:

Barb0522
12-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi, ladies. I survived the office potluck this afternoon without too much trouble. I did go off plan but not too much. Now I just need to be good at the scout Roundtable potluck this evening. At least as staff I will be too busy to eat too much. I'm bringing leftovers from this potluck and am really looking forward to it. So many of my close friends will be there.

Oh, I just got notified that I was one of the two winners in our pack for the YES award. It is for Your Exceptional Service and the leaders nominate and vote for the two leaders who have never gotten the award before who they think have given the most to the pack. I am so thrilled to win this award. I can't wait until the district dinner in January when the awards are given out. :)

CyndiM
12-13-2007, 07:08 PM
For those who asked, here's info about the Christmas Bird Count, www.audubon.org/bird/cbc/
It was started a long time ago as an alternative to the annual Christmas Bird hunts. While it's not exact science it does provide a a picture of trends. I know we are seeing a lot more birds that used to winter further south. It's fun if you're into that sort of thing, but very exhausting :) I will have to plan my meals and snacks well because once we leave at 7 we won't be back until after dark to pick up our dinner for the potluck.

The PT visit was great! I can't believe I've seen every specialist possible and paid for private Pilates lessons when I can learn the things I need from a PT and my insurance will, theoretically, pay for it. She thinks that she can give me exercises to do that will improve things and decrease my pain level. It's the first good news I've heard in almost three years so I'm pretty excited.

It is quite snowy here and I'm glad to be off the road! Hope everyone is home and safe.

cottagebythesea
12-13-2007, 07:31 PM
GonnaBe, congratulations on your NSV, it's little changes like this that keep us going!

Barb, wow, congratulations to you for being nominated for the YES award! All of us in here know that you certainly deserved it with all the work and dedication you've put in for the scouts. I can feel your excitement!

Cyndi, I could get totally into the Christmas Bird Count, it sounds like such fun!

We've had lots of freezing rain and sleet here all day, but it finally stopped. The roads never really got too bad, but I stayed in all day and made the most of it. I got a lot of little things done around here, and took time to make a nice supper for Jake, rather than throw a fast supper together. He really liked that. We had a funny little incident, though. He came home thoroughly soaked and gave me his cover-alls and jacket to put in the dryer. A little later he was looking for his phone and remembered it was in his jacket pocket! We both made a fast dash to the dryer, and there was his phone. It was hot, but luckily it's still working. Whew!

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
So, Angela, is it??? The shirt is gorgeous! Did you design the butterfly yourself???

Gonnabe, hope you get your rest! Maybe a nice cup of hot tea???

Stephanie, the pup is just adorable! I have no name suggestions, but maybe we could go through *all* the husbands' names and see which one fits best? ;)

Kim, did you get your list made? I love lists! I've been known to make lists just so I can mark things off and feel like I've accomplished something!

Kara

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Barbara, congratulations on the Scout award! You deserve it!!!

Gonnabe, great NSV! Maybe a thrift store would be a good place to find some more affordable temporary gear?

Off to start my Friday. The kids are still in bed - well, the big kids. Avery's been up since 7:30 so I've gotten my workout in and am about to start on The Big Clean. Oh, here come the olders...gotta get breakfast on the table I suppose!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I've logged in three times today to post again and everytime the phone has rang or someone has wanted something. I'm home now though and am ignoring the world (except you all of course)
Kara Your children are adorable. I also have been known to make lists for the same reason.;)
Pacer I am so glad you had a great birthday. I think he looks a little like the cute bear from the Snuggles commercials so that's my suggestion.
Schmoodle I'm glad DD's dance was successful.
Cottage The girls are really cute and I love their houses.
Kim :carrot: to the scale and :( to the vacuum.
Gonna That's a great NSV. Congratulations.
Barb :carrot::carrot: Congratulations on your award.
Love That's great about your work.
Femme I hope your day ended up slowing down a bit.
Laurie I hope you got everything accomplished and made it home safe and sound.
Cyndi I'm so glad the PT appointment went so well.

I'm going to work early tomorrow. Every year our airport's firefighters sponsor a homeless children's program and my company provides all the food. I've been in charge of it since we started but there are alot more kids this year. So, I've expanded the menu quite a bit and promised to help with set up before Santa arrives by helicopter:) Hope everyone has a great night.

tomandkara
12-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Santa is coming by helicopter??? That is awesome!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
12-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Helicopter...that's nothing. Every year we get one airline to donate a plane and crew and take children with severe medical conditions to the "north pole". They get on the plane and take about a 30 minute flight then land on the other side of the airport and we remake an airplane hanger into the north pole. Complete with Santa, Mrs. Claus, elves, the whole nine yards. Then they reboard and fly home. This time of year is probably why I stay at the airport managing restaurants instead of finding something closer to home. I can't imagine Christmas without these events.

tomandkara
12-14-2007, 01:05 AM
That is incredible, Dawn! You made me want to cry!

Kara