LA Weight Loss - It's nationwide!!

View Full Version : It's nationwide!!

momofbg
12-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I just got back from WI they told me that as of 11:00 this morning they got the call that ALL Pureweightloss nationwide were closing the doors on January 4.

cecil
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
What does that mean? Is that the Franchise owned Centers? I am confused?

momofbg
12-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I was told it was ALL of them. My is a Corporation owned Center. Want the lady told me was that it was going to be ALL of them nationwide it does matter want the name of the place is. She has told me in the past that different area had different names. It doesn't seem to matter Corporation or Franchise owned Centers.

Switzie6
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I need to get into my center and ask them about it. Wasn't planning on going in until friday or saturday but I will go in tomorrow. If they're closing I better either get the 45 boxes of lites I bought or get a refund!

smjezzy
12-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Just called my center in Texas and they are NOT closing and are in fact trying to re-open the Georgetown center so it's NOT nationwide. My center used to be franchise but was recently bought back by corporate so maybe it is franchise centers closing, maybe it's certain areas or some other criteria but not all centers are closing.

Julzanne72
12-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I am confused-so all LAWL centers will be closed as of 01/04/08?? For what reason?

Mama Nicole
12-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Jamie......where is your avatar???? I had to check your profile to see if you were a crazy lady or what since I dind't recognize your screenname. :lol: That is unbelievable. Did they say if they are planning to re-open or what?

cecil
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
So this is for Pure weightloss not LA weightloss?

cecil
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Ok I just talked to my center. And I just wanted to clarify for others out there. That it is Pure Weightloss that is closing not LA Weightloss. Just thought I would point that out for anyone else who was confused like me. Ha ha!

Julzanne72
12-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Scared was more like it....I just signe up a week ago!!!

cecil
12-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Julz I feel ya! Ha ha! I have only been on since 10/31/07. So I am still a newbie as well. I had a sigh of relief when I figured it out.

Julzanne72
12-12-2007, 05:28 PM
NO kidding and I LOVE the program-it has been really easy for me to follow and I have lost 6.8-lbs since I started!

bradleys mom
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
My center was also just bought by corporate.

stitchinchick
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
As someone who went to weigh in on Monday after being out of town 1 week only to find my center (and all other centers in my area) CLOSED forever, I am of the opinion that I would go and get my bars ASAP. Trust me when I say, I would have gotten mine if I could have. As it stands, we are out the money that we paid (both hubby & I, so double-whammy) for the remaining 26 weeks on our plan...and from what I've read & heard, we won't see a cent of that again! :(

So, if it were me (and I could go back in time...) then I would run to my COD, collect all of my pre-paid Lites/bars and then I'd go find a place where I could continue my weight loss journey with good support.

I hope for you that it is not true that all centers are closing...but at least in your case, fore-warned is fore-armed. We were totally taken by surprise (read: open on Friday, gone forever on Saturday)...don't let that happen to you! It is NOT a good feeling!:?:

JerseyMadchen
12-12-2007, 06:44 PM
I just called my center too and they are closing.

WTF?!?!! I am so angry! I can't afford to go throwing money around like that! I just bought $100 worth of weeks last week! All non refundable!

I am literally sitting here crying.

JerseyMadchen
12-12-2007, 06:48 PM
By the way, how is it legal for them to not refund the prepaid weeks??

Isn't there ANYTHING to be done about this?

AmyLou- you're prelaw-- what's the deal??

cecil
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah Amy I agree with you... how can it be legal? I don't get it. There has got to be some recourse.

mgresso
12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Yep, the centers here in northern Indiana are closing, too. I brought home my remaining bars plus my counsellor gave me all of the info I need to complete my plan, all the way through maintanance. All products are 50% off, too. She also had me fill out a refund request. I have 15 weeks of WL left plus my S & M. Luckily, my counsellor also gave me her e-mail addy and she lives a couple blocks from me. I feel especially bad for the lady they just hired last month...

Dan, didn't you guys have to file a lawsuit? Did you end up getting your money back?

PS-The company is bankrupt...

JerseyMadchen
12-12-2007, 06:55 PM
If they're bankrupt, we won't get our money back.

Dan2112
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Exactly Amy... If there ain't no money, you can't get any back...

I advise you all who have closing CODs to talk with your counselors about this now and get every single box you can, OR a refund before they close their doors. Once the doors are locked, you're going to be SOL...

I've done some googling, and can't find anything about a nationwide shutdown. Of course, that doesn't mean a thing.

I'm sorry this is happening to y'all... Maybe I'll just start counseling on this site and call it "Dan Weight Loss"....

stitchinchick
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
It is true...if they are bankrupt, none of us will ever see any of those monies again. It is just heartbreaking...it was the first weight loss program that ever worked for me, and even now, I can't find another where I have all the elements that helped me be successful, you know?

If someone figures out if there is some way to make our voices heard, please let us know...not just for those of us here, but for those thousands of people who don't have a voice...

stitchinchick
12-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Dan,

Don't google "Pure" - google "LA Weight Loss" - we've found a few news articles (in Texas and Orlando) and then a few on the "I've been ripped off sites" from Texas...sounds like the many stories we've all heard/are experiencing here...

And I'm with Dan - go get your bars! Once they're closed, chances are that's it...

P.S. Sign me up for "Weight Loss with Dan..."

Dan2112
12-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I could get Billy Maze to do my info-mercials!!

Or maybe that English guy who does that awful Silver Bullet commercial :lol:

SunshineRunner
12-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm not into LAWL - but I have seen all of your pleas online today about center closings. I don't know anything about how it works...but I do know that if you paid with a Visa/Mastercard (even a debit card with a visa or mastercard logo) then you can call your bank or credit card company and explain the situation that you paid for an item and the company shut down on you - they will refund you in full...immediately..at least that is how it worked for me when I filed a claim against a seller on amazon.com - he never mailed a book I ordered, after weeks of waiting, I called Bank of America (my debit card providers) and complained...they credited me....told me that they could take the credit back after an investigation...I just got a letter in the mail this week...after a 6 week investigation - they stated my credit stands....so...long story short...if you paid with a credit or debit card, you can likely get your money back!

bella1234
12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi All!!

It's true...all PURE Weightloss centers are closing down. We (employees) found out today. The reason weeks are non-refundable is because if you enrolled after 4/2007, your enrollment agreement states that service is non-refundable. Also, they're giving you the web program and phone counseling to use. So, technically, the only thing changing is how you're getting your counseling. Product left in the center (purchased before September) is refundable, however, since they're closing their doors, I'd either pick them up from your local center or request a refund.

***IMPORTANT...ladies, if you're going to call to request a refund, try to speak to your center's Regional Manager. We've been instructed to direct ALL calls to customer service (which will draw out the process). However, our Regionals still have authority to input refunds (even for weeks!), but they'll only do it if you're NICE to them. Most clients don't care that we'll all be out of jobs once this place closes. My Regional hates what's happening, but will help nice, friendly clients any way she can.

Hope this helps!!

JerseyMadchen
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks Bella!

I enrolled back in 2004, I just bought some more weeks,literally LAST week!

YOu think I have a chance?

Thanks for your guidance... we understand you're out of a job!!

bella1234
12-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Honestly, it depends on how nice the Regional is. Worst case, she'll probably let you swap the cost for some product.

JerseyMadchen
12-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Want to know the funny thing?? She's the one who sold me the weeks!

I am so glad I didn't buy MORE bars... she was definitely pressuring!

bella1234
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Lol...I can assure you, she didn't know what was happening until today. Good Luck!

Dan2112
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm not into LAWL - but I have seen all of your pleas online today about center closings. I don't know anything about how it works...but I do know that if you paid with a Visa/Mastercard (even a debit card with a visa or mastercard logo) then you can call your bank or credit card company and explain the situation that you paid for an item and the company shut down on you - they will refund you in full...immediately..at least that is how it worked for me when I filed a claim against a seller on amazon.com - he never mailed a book I ordered, after weeks of waiting, I called Bank of America (my debit card providers) and complained...they credited me....told me that they could take the credit back after an investigation...I just got a letter in the mail this week...after a 6 week investigation - they stated my credit stands....so...long story short...if you paid with a credit or debit card, you can likely get your money back!

Unfortunately not true if you've completely paid off that credit card... Once the debt is paid, there's nothing for them to refund to you... Believe me.. I tried...

Switzie6
12-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Just called my center, which is one of the centers who's named changed to Pure this fall, and they are closing as of Jan 4th. Starting next week the hours are being cut. She told me that you can either take your product that has been paid for or get a refund sheet to send in. But so far everyone has taken product so she is down to only a few boxes and is hoping for a new shipment today. This is annoying but luckly my gym has a really good program that I will join. I would have joined it sooner but had so much stuff prepaid on LAWL so though I would use that first.

rocketcitychik
12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
i just called my center in huntsville, al and the counselor that answered said she didnt know anything about a nationwide closing and that they were not closing on 1/4/07. i really hope she is being honest.

marzbe
12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm down to six boxes of bars left, I was putting off buying another bulk, and I'm relieved I did.

The bottom line is, those of us that have been through and made weightloss goal know the program like the back of our hands. We can be each other accountability.

Plus, I'd love to be the producer on Dan's infomericals. :p

pureweightlossemploy
12-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Hello. I was with the company for two years and held every position uncluding trainer. I can help anyone with the program. I am an expert in the program and have countless tips, ideas, and other Pure/LA stuff. I trained counselors. If anyone needs anything, I have it all! I can help with receipes since I have over 500, tips (I have over 250) and menus (I have all 9) Let me know if you need any help!

JerseyMadchen
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
employee-- could you post your stuff in a new thread??

wahm56
12-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I was wondering after reading the post...does anyone know whether the online version will still be available?

Can we order products that way and still participate in the program? Has anyone heard?

Diane

shshshhh
12-16-2007, 03:33 AM
This is crazy - here in Portland they are running ads on TV like crazy for LAWL for the new 'holiday makeover' program. I am counting on the postings here that say it is only Pure Weight Loss centers that are closing. (My heart aches for those of you who are on PWL, so forgive me, please).

3meows
12-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Online site wil be shut down after the first of the year -- they posted this on the website.