Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Something Chat: Tuesday, December 11th

Mornin'...
Where the heck is everyone? I'm starting the thread this a.m.??? That rarely happens... Hope that everyone has a FANTASTIC Tuesday. I'm off to wake three sleepy little elves... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Tue Dec 11

Morning all...going to run errands today after i take the mutt for a walk.

lorianne- sorry about your friend..and i hope you weren't think that i was implying she was snotty, that's why i said some/most. I wish i had property to have my own place...that would be nice to have my pony in the back yard. I've just visited a lot of places when i was looking for a barn here in Atlanta and thats about all i came across. Sometimes it seem like when people have a lot of money, they sometimes forget about manners LOL.

Alright all..nothing else new to report..except its spring here today...going to be 78 F today...wow..that's a day for shorts. Hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #4  

good morning!

welcome to everyone that is new!

gg: i want to come to your house...78 is so wonderful..we have been in the low 30's at night and in the morning and like 50 something during the day...doesnt this system know i live in CALIFORNIA its too cold for us!...enjoy your day

joan/lauren: good morning ~ have a great day

well...we are having a brunch today..the employees, nursing staff and everyone...alot of the people i work with eat very healthy and things i dont normally eat ~ and i have changed my diet alot~ they like seaweed and things i dont know how to pronounce...so i am bringing croissants and organic strawberry preserves ~ and i am drinking my protein shake..just so i am not hungry and also so i dont overeat...should be interesting

have a great day everyone
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #5  

Christina ~ LOL at the thought of eating seaweed at a holiday brunch. Oh boy ~ bring out the soy! Too funny. Croissants and strawberry preserves sound yummy.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Christina, I wouldn't mind being where you are at. (gg, that goes for you too) Our highs and lows are hovering right around the freezing mark. We also have freezing rain and sleet ~ which makes the roads not safe.

Well today I have a late shift so it helps. I tried sleeping in, but that didn't work. I may take a nap later though.

Lauren, hi chicka.

to everyone else.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Hey all!!!

JOAN~~~ I LIVED IN WEBSTER GROVES FOR TWO YEARS WHEN I WAS A KID!!! How funny is that?? From 78-80 we lived there...I went to Holy Redeemer school...is that still there?? I used to cut throught the library parking lot to walk there. Also there was a grocery store we used to shop at, but I can't remember the name (Staub's??) ...I can remember where it was like is was yesterday though!! Funny!! BTW...the one thing I can recommend is to have a gift bag or something of the sort for the girls to take their cookies packages home in. I got a bunch at the dollar store. Just something that maybe you might not have thought of

TJ ~ Is your son having the surgery at CHOP??? My niece has had three heart surgeries and several catheterizations ove the last year. I think it was ranked as the number children's hosp. in the country. My brother thanks G-d every day that we live in this area...anyway, best wishes for his health.

Christina ~great job on the loss!! I too would love to be where you are. It's very cold her in PA. However, I know what you mean, it shouldn't be that cold in CA!!

Loriann~~ Believe you me sister, I have about three different sites you can check for predators. I checked every area before we started looking to move. Found out there are six in our town, but only two live here (the others work here) and they don't live in my neighborhood. The difference now is I have a locked privacy fence (cause we have a corner house). In the town house we were twenty feet away with no fence. My son used to love to go on his slip & slide in the back yard, and once I found out about that guy that all stopped until we moved. The funny thing is sice we moved out (tow years ago) three other families have moved out and a few more megan's law offenders have moved in, so it's better we're out of there. Not to mention I LOVE our new neighborhood!! BTW...the guy was a very affluent college chemistry professor, and you're right it can happen ANYWHERE!!

Welcome to the newbies!!! Hey to everyone else!! Back to decorating cookies!!

Pam

Last edited by pmasci; 12-11-2007 at 11:20 AM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #8  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Good morning everyone. You all sound so busy compared to me. Just waiting for the kiddos to get here. I need to try to get my little man into the Dr. He's having problems having BM's and it seems to be an ongoing issue. He won't drink pear juice or anything that will help him. He only wants the foods that will constipate him. ARRRGGGGG ok, maybe TMI. Sorry. Needless to say, I am not getting much sleep. Not much else going on here today.
skinnyvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/154/125

Height: 5'4"

gm every1 I am just going to clean house today! It is freezing here in my part of califronia. I took the kids to school and I thought dang to bad it can't freeze the fat and let it fall off kind of like they do warts lol:-) Have a great day!
italiancalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Good afternoon All!

Overslept this morning and kept the twins home with me... what a mistake they are driving me nuts!

lp.. I feel you on the retail. I used to be the manager of a card store, people used to bend the edges of cards and try to get a discount because it was the last card. I also hated senior citizen day...lol.

pmasci.. yes he is going to CHOP. I heard it is fantastic actually I live right behind Deborah Heart and Lung hospital but they don't have a pediatric ward anymore. Thanks for your well wishes.

Loriann... it is one thing to live by them I have to work with them and they make me sick. I try to stay professional but it is a struggle.

skinny... will your son drink water? If so try increasing his intake it helps with the motility.

Last edited by tjjsmom; 12-11-2007 at 12:13 PM.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

tj, I hear you on Seniors day. For the last, idk, month every Wednesday through Christmas is Seniors day. Plus, we have at least three sales a week, and probably next week ~ it will be a different one every day. As far as working retail ~ I hate Christmas. But for everything else I really love it.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #12  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

tj~ he's drinking a little bit, but he really doesn't want to eat or drink. But I am trying to push the fluids. Might go buy some pedia light just to be sure he doesn't get dehydrated. Little stinker. Thanks for the tip though.
skinnyvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #13  

Pam ~ I know exactly where Holy Redeemer is. We lived less than 1 mile away and they had the best live xmas tree lot around LOL. Straubs is the grocery store ~ excellent quality but way overpriced. Best deli/meat dept. around. I still miss the neighborhood as everything was old and established. Webster had a sort of "Mayberryish" quality about it. So, so different from where we live now.

Alicia I've been thinking about you this week. Sounds like you live in a neat little town and will miss it when you move. Good luck with everything.

Hugs to all ~ Joan
Old 12-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #14  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies. I'm new....kinda. I've hung out for quite a while at other threads...just surfed my way into this one. I'm Diana, live in Louisiana, have a bunch of weight to lose. Think I'll fit in? I'm just starting back on my journey...again. I've been off again, on again since '04...I've managed to keep off 30 lbs (I've fluctuated between having lost 20-40 lbs). I want the rest gone too...have much more than 40 to lose!!
I see that this is the Dec. 11th chat....what happens tomorrow?? New thread? If so, how do I find it tomorrow? (I Haven't browsed the threads a lot, as you can tell!! LOL I'm the kind that sticks to something when I like it...but the last thread I used to go to died. lol)

Anyway, I'm looking for motivation and positive stories.....hoping to have one of my own to share one day.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Hey Diana...Welcome!!! Yup tomorrow will be a new thread. Just go to 30 somethings under support groups & all out threads are there. If there isn't one posted yet, feel free to start it!! Everyone here is super friendly!!

Joan ~~~ I'm just so shocked about the whole Webster Groves thing...it is such a small town, and the fact that we both lived there...wow. How long did you live there?? Oh, I lived on Rosemont Ave. I forget the name of the street it was off, but at the corner was the library. I lived in the neighborhood kind of behind there, in a 1910's brick house. Wow bringing back memories...
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote