Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 07:10 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Friday!

Och aye the noo - it's Burns Night tonight!
Hello to everyone, hope you're all looking forward to a healthy weekend (without poo everywhere!!).
For all those with TOM I sympathise! My belly is very sore today.
And I got woken up at 2:30am by BF's best friend ringing my cellphone (BF doesn't have one) to tell us that he was very drunk and had decided to propose to his GF and was wondering when he should do it (I suggested waiting till he was sober!). He also wanted BF to be his best man! I usually switch off the volume on my phone at night, but hey, he'd only have tried to phone us on the landline and my mobile phone was nearer the bed!!
Better go do some work, just getting the thread rolling.
Kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 01-25-2002 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:00 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Kirsty: Ah the joys of drunken phone calls early in the morning!

To whoever was looking for the points on Melba toasts, 3 whole wheat ones are 1 point I think.

Anyhoo, I have to go down to the courthouse today and observe a court case. Fun fun fun, at least I am not working today, though I should be working tomorrow etc. The date went okay, the guy was nice, but honestly I didn't really feel any chemistry so I think there most likely won't be a second date, plus he hasn't called back... I hate the dating game:P

Asides from that one of my profs is a chauvenist who treats us like we're 5 years old..... I am too old for that BS!!!

I've also decided to go off of the pill for now. I've had a nasty time with water retention and stuff and being single I don't really need it anyway. I'll see in my periods have normalized too (part of the reason I went on it was because my periods decided to go funny while I was losing weight, I had been fairly regular before that), though I'll have to see if my periods come back heavy or not.

Anyhoo, I have a sink full of dirty dishes, so I'd better go!

Ali
Old 01-25-2002, 10:10 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Good morning!

Kirsty - Have a great time at Burns Night!! Wish I could be there to try some haggis with you (ok - not really!)

Ali - Sorry to hear the date was nothing special. I sympathize with you as to how much the dating game sucks! I feel like I am forever going on first dates and I never really want a second. I keep telling myself that with every date I go on, I learn a little bit more about what I want and don't want in a guy... When I finally do find someone I am interested in, we have 3 good dates and he is sent to Atlanta for 6 months for work. We have still been talking, but it is doubtful we will still be 6 months from now. We didn't have a strong enough base before he left. oh well.

I had 2 more people over last night to look at my apartment. I hope someone decides they want it soon, as I am getting anxious to move. I will have so much more space in my new place and in my mind, I am already thinking about what I will buy to fill it!

Okay, I've rambled enough.... to work I go!
Old 01-25-2002, 10:47 AM   #4  
Parrothead

Default Good Friday!

Hi all! I have had a great work search week. I got a second interview for tuesday with a software company, so I am excited about that. There is a job fair today, but I really don't want to go. Its for University of Texas jobs and State jobs. There will probably be thousands of people there and I don't want to fight the crowds. I know I should go...maybe later this afternoon. I just don't do well in large crowds and I haven't seen many job listings that I am interested in.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:56 AM   #5  
Parrothead

Default continuing my post...

That was weird. It just posted before I was finished

Anyway ~ any good plans for the weekned? My folks are coming up for a visit and I'm looking forward to it. They haven't been here since August, so we should have a good time. They only live 2 and a half hours away so I don't understand why they never make it up here. My DH and I are boycotting the hometown until more people come up here and visit. We are tired of being the only ones who travel. Plus, we have an excuse since I lost my job.

Kirsty ~ have fun at the party! Your friend sounds funny. I know I always make life changing revelations when I am drunk.

Ali ~ Sorry the date wasn't the best. I hated the dating game also. I didn't even meet DH on a date. I just saw him in a crowd and struck up a conversation. The rest is history (6 years later). Good luck with the pill. I tried 5 different brands and still couldn't find one without bad side effects. I'm using natural birth control now and so far no kids. We aren't planning any for a couple of years. I hope it continues to work

Jen ~ Good luck with the apartment situation. DH and I are thinking of buying a condo or townhouse before we get a bigger home. We want to live in it a few years and then rent it out when we can afford a house.

Well I need to run!
K
Old 01-25-2002, 01:20 PM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey ladies, It's friday! Yayyyyy!
Kay good to hear from you. I wish you a lot of luckwith your job hunt. Ok so you have to explain natural birth control to me??????

Kirsty- Have fun at your haggis party That is one thing that I do not miss, those 2 am calls. I had an ex who would do that to me when I lived with my parents. He was definitely not one of my parent's favorites.( that's ok though he wasn't one of mine either ) Yes, I am referring to the stage version of Mama Mia. I seriously loved it.

Ali- Sorry he wasn't Mr. Right or even Mr. Maybe I hope that I am done with that whole scene but I don't want to be toooo optimistic. Isn't it funny though how after one date you have an idea of the potential. Women are so intuitive

Jkarr- Ithink it is cool that you and that guy are keeping in touch. Maybe you could squeeze in a visit or something. who knows??

Melissa- HI I don't think that we have met. Congratulations on the loss! Woohooo!

Jen- YOu would love Mama Mia b/c you are and ABBA fan. I didn't know any of their songs and I loved it. Actually I knew Dancing Queen. Oh and is E'tools expensive?

Jess- don't let the WW get you down. You will be fine. I am having an off time lately and I just have to refocus. Do something fun on your days of this wknd. RElax and enjoy something fun.

Tonya- I haven't heard of "Thin for Life" is that a WW book? Fill me in on the inspiration!

Kim-sorry about all of your dog issues. I say invest in diapers if it continues. That is such a funny thought to me, a doggie diaper! I hope that things get better at work for you. HOw's the B/F?

Rina- don't you just love the pms mood swings. My b/f actually pinpointed it last wk. He was like are you pmsing? I actually thought is was funny b/c I didn't even realize that I was. He was right. It is funny now but at the time (due to pms) I was annoyed I am such a complicated being

KT- Yay for the 100's. I am so proud of you! Don't sweat the nachos and move on girl. Sorry about TOM he is so rude

Wow I think I just replied to most of the posts. I will see you guys on Monday probably. I am hoping to see b/f a bit this wknd even though I will be b-sitting. Other than that nothing exciting planned. Have great wknds! I may check in later.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:46 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hi friends!

How are you all today? I suppose that everyon eis already gone for the weekend. I am doing ok food wise today although I need to eat more veggies so I can get my five in today. I had an hour and a half massage this morning!!! It was so awesome! A great way to muddle through the stress of PMS. I highly reccommend it! I have been taking it easy all day, mostly trying to get my year end money stuff in order to send it to the accountant. I made more money than I thought! Bonus! My DF has to work late tonight & we both work early tomorrow so I think I'll just hang at home watch a movie or read a book or something. It feels like that kind of day anyway. Hope you all have exciting weekends

Ali, sorry to hear about the rough dating scene Hang in there. I didn't know weight loss could affect your cycle-interesting.

Kirsty, I used to always be one of those drunk middle of the might callers!!! I used to think it was so hilarious to call & wake someone up! When my DF lived 2.5 hours away from me I would always call him up after we closed the bar! Oh the memories.... Anyway have a blast at your party tonight!

Yay for Kay! That's great you get your second interview! The best of luck! Have a good visit with your parents. I know what you mean about having to always be the one that goes and does the travelling to see everyone else. That's totally my life now. DF's parents only come here if they're passing through on their way somewhere else & need a free bed. Frustrating.

JenK Good luck with getting rid of your apartment. Do you have lots of stuff to move? I really hate moving! I hope you have lots of help.

Becky, thanks for making me laugh! I am such a complicated being too! That is going to be my motto for PMS/TOM! Have lots of fun b-bsitting.

Everyone else hope you have a great weekend! I'll pop by again in case anyone else has been around. Take care all!

-Rina
Closed Thread